Posting character sheets

This is the catch-all forum, for Mutants & Masterminds threads that you're not quite sure where to put.
bushido11
Cohort
Cohort

Posting character sheets

Post by bushido11 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:58 pm

A while back, I posted a custom-made character sheet for OVA on a website, but I don't remember which one it was. I'd like to post a home-made, 4-page version of a M&M3e character sheet that I designed in .pdf format. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Where ever you go, there you are.

The Fifth Wanderer
Sidekick
Sidekick

Re: Posting character sheets

Post by The Fifth Wanderer » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:28 am

I'd love to see a different sheet for 3e/DCA. Sad to say, the light gray spots on the standard b&w don't look like they'd print well. :(
Dread Mad God and Keeper of the M&M3e/DCA Resources thread.

The Secret World Chronicle - A superhero audiobook podcast.

Nightchilde
Bystander
Bystander

Post by Nightchilde » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:09 am

I'd like to see a form-fillable interactive .pdf. It'd sure make storing the sheets a lot easier as I could just keep 'em as files on my computer.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Prince Nightchilde
http://rollsomedice.com

danelsan
Daredevil
Daredevil

Post by danelsan » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:08 pm

I am working on a form-fillable sheet with auto-calculation function. At first I was gonna use the official sheet as a base, but i was not happy with it and decided to drop it; I already have the whole new design done in adobe's Indesign, now I just have to convert to .pdf and add the filling / calculation features. By tomorrow I'll probably have it ready...
My DeviantArt page
Batgirl avatar by ArtNerdEm

Nightchilde
Bystander
Bystander

Post by Nightchilde » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:50 pm

Awesome. I'll keep an eye out for an announcement that it's ready. Just filled a sheet out by hand...ow...hand cramp. How did we ever do all this writing stuff back in the 80s? :-)
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Prince Nightchilde

Raws
Henchman
Henchman

Post by Raws » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:51 pm

danelsan wrote:I am working on a form-fillable sheet with auto-calculation function. At first I was gonna use the official sheet as a base, but i was not happy with it and decided to drop it; I already have the whole new design done in adobe's Indesign, now I just have to convert to .pdf and add the filling / calculation features. By tomorrow I'll probably have it ready...
That would be a dream come true! :D

MindCrush
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Post by MindCrush » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:03 pm

danelsan wrote:I am working on a form-fillable sheet with auto-calculation function. At first I was gonna use the official sheet as a base, but i was not happy with it and decided to drop it; I already have the whole new design done in adobe's Indesign, now I just have to convert to .pdf and add the filling / calculation features. By tomorrow I'll probably have it ready...
I immediately like you :D

MindCrush

Shadowchaser
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by Shadowchaser » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:07 pm

I love these kinds of things. :)

I'm also looking for anyone who has an Open-Office-friendly character generation spreadsheet, as that would be quite useful as well.
James Dawsey, Owner and Publisher of Vigilance Press

Look for Vigilance Press on RPGNow.com and Drive-Thru RPG!

Or check out our website for free previews and podcast links!
http://www.vigilancepress.com/

danelsan
Daredevil
Daredevil

Post by danelsan » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:49 pm

So, before I proceed with the extra functionality, I'd like some feedback on the layout of the sheet: if the spaces for things are ok, if I forgot something important, if some text is in Portuguese (the base layout was from a 2e sheet that I made for my group here in Brazil), that sorta stuff.

Critics, observations and suggestions are welcome.

The link contains the sheet for printing (and for me to hear opinions ^^), but it is not automated yet
My DeviantArt page

bushido11
Cohort
Cohort

Post by bushido11 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:14 pm

Nice sheet, Danelsan! My hat's off to you. And thanks for providing the link to a site where I can share files.

Here's my link:http://www.4shared.com/document/E0wFFU_ ... _blue.html

I tweaked it a bit by lowering the cost of Presence to 1 pp/rank and adjusting throwing distance to Strength - (Mass + 2).
Where ever you go, there you are.

danelsan
Daredevil
Daredevil

Post by danelsan » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:48 pm

OK, here is the form-fillable & auto-calculation version. Let me know what you think.

Since somebody will find it strange comparing the two sheets I posted: this automated version lacks lines in several places because the font auto-sizes. That is, if your backstory is really long and won't fit in the space for it, the font will decrease in size to accommodate longer texts. Unlikely to be a problem for powers, but you never know - I've had a character using 2 devices (each with various powers) and 3 regular powers, one of which had 12 alternate powers!
My DeviantArt page

Nightchilde
Bystander
Bystander

Post by Nightchilde » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:58 am

Thanks a lot Danelsan!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Prince Nightchilde

Raws
Henchman
Henchman

Post by Raws » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:48 am

Thanks a lot Danelsan!

PS: Hey, you are from Brazil? I'm also brazilian... where do you live?

CENTINULL
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Post by CENTINULL » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:54 am

danelsan wrote:OK, here is the form-fillable & auto-calculation version. Let me know what you think.
This is simply awesome.

You've spoiled me. I'll be typing and printing all my charecter sheets for DCA.

danelsan
Daredevil
Daredevil

Post by danelsan » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:35 am

Urgh! It seems I forgot to make the Equipment and Complication fields able to support multiple lines of text;
Here is the corrected version:
My DeviantArt page