Fistful of Nazis, 3E Combat Examples

This is the catch-all forum, for Mutants & Masterminds threads that you're not quite sure where to put.
grimmshade
Disciple
Disciple

Re: Fistful of Nazis, compiled 3E/DCA combat tests

Post by grimmshade » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:05 am

Ooooh, our first Nazi victory! (Okay, the first Flash fight was a partial Nazi victory, but he recovered.)
Well played!

maglaurus
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Post by maglaurus » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:51 am

I want to express how much I've enjoyed reading this thread and how much I look forward to seeing more episodes of "Fistful of Nazis" in the near future.
“He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”
Freidrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil

BlindPugh
Compatriot
Compatriot

Post by BlindPugh » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:07 am

Just to say I hope this isn't dead I've been looking forward to Aquaman & Plastic Man.
When realities collide- Quicksilver With thanks to Tatooedman.
Shadow war- Bill Sakowski
Toronto's greatest heroes- Green Ronin

grimmshade
Disciple
Disciple

Post by grimmshade » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:19 pm

Got a DCA game to run tonite, but let's see if this holds you over.

A squad of Nazis relaxes on a cobblestone street next to a Tiger tank. A man in a purple suit with a purple top hat and cane walks out of an alley. The soldiers jump to attention and raise their submachineguns.
"Fellas, Fellas, calm down," Says Joker, "I got a trick to show you all, and this one will kill ya! Gather round boys." Joker motions for the Nazis to gather around and uses Skill Mastery Deception to Fascinate them (27 v 2 save) The Nazis gather around Joker, fascinated by this clown. Joker makes some impressive magician hand waves, indicates his Lapel Flower, and then sprays Joker Venom on the face of a man holding a Panzerfaust. The man goes down in a fit of chemical laughter. Fascination is broken by the attack. Joker uses a move action deception Trick to make the tank take a shot at him despite the danger to the nazi soldiers.
The tank fires, 23 v 25 Dodge, Joker ducks and Redirects to an adjacent soldier. 20 v. 15 Dodge, after Dodge and Toughness saves, 2 soldiers survive the resulting explosion. Joker takes a -1 to Toughness as the explosion blows his hat off and messes up his suit and hair. "Hahahaaaa, That'll make your ears ring!"
The remaining 2 soldiers and the tank Machinegunner open up angrily at Joker, but he laughs and dances around their bullets.
Joker uses a move action to pull out a Luger with a extra long barrel. "You shouldn't play with guns!" He fires a bullet right between the Machine Gunner's eyes, and the man slumps forward. The 2 soldiers continue to fire but their bullets miss the elusive clown and ring off the tanks armor.
Joker uses his move action to make an exaggerated stagger backwards from the Luger recoil, placing himself between the 2 soldiers. He uses deception again to trick them into firing and then redirects their misses into each other, both hit and the 2 soldiers topple over, riddled with each others bullets. Joker looks at them, disgusted. "What did I JUST SAY about guns?"
The tank fires, sending Nazi corpses flying in the blast, and ruffling the Jokers hair and clothes further. (Tank missed, He Dodged area and made his Toughness save) Joker frowns, "Well, thats getting annoying now."
Joker grabs a potato masher grenade from a fallen Nazi and moves up to the tank. He uses extra Effort to get another action and drops the grenade in. "Bombs Away!" The explosion kills 2 of the 4 remaining crew.
The remaining 2 crew hide in the tank. The Joker drops in. "Knock Knock!" and squirts one of the crew in the face with acid from his Lapel Flower. The man falls, his face melting. "That's no way to greet a guest."
The last crew member takes a swing at Joker, who sidesteps the punch. Joker takes his hand and shakes it (close attack) "now thats more hospitable!" Electric Buzzer electrocutes the man (toughness save 18 v. DC 23)
Joker sets the man in a seat as Jokers minions pour into the tank, and fire it up. As the tank begins to roll forward Joker claps the electrocuted Nazi on the back. "Oh cheer up! We're going to see Batman! heh, he he, Ahhh HAHAHAHAHAAAA!"
Last edited by grimmshade on Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

UnkindMirror
Overlord
Overlord

Post by UnkindMirror » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:29 pm

I've been meaning to ask... why is the tank always open, the hatch not locked?
Isn't that a bit too convenient?

grimmshade
Disciple
Disciple

Post by grimmshade » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:31 pm

UnkindMirror wrote:I've been meaning to ask... why is the tank always open, the hatch not locked?
Isn't that a bit too convenient?
Required for the top Machine Gunner. :D

BlindPugh
Compatriot
Compatriot

Post by BlindPugh » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:30 pm

I like it!

Thanks for keeping this going. Actual play examples just make me more excited to get my hands on this game.
When realities collide- Quicksilver With thanks to Tatooedman.
Shadow war- Bill Sakowski
Toronto's greatest heroes- Green Ronin

grimmshade
Disciple
Disciple

Post by grimmshade » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:37 pm

BlindPugh wrote:I like it!

Thanks for keeping this going. Actual play examples just make me more excited to get my hands on this game.
No problem. I love actual play examples myself. I have work this weekend, and then GenCon next week, so will hopefully see someone else post a Fistful of Nazis run.

cap
Bystander
Bystander

Post by cap » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:13 pm

Thanks guys, these were a blast to read and full of game mechanic examples.
Great bad guy's to have our heroes whip up on...friggin Nazi's.

grimmshade
Disciple
Disciple

Post by grimmshade » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:33 pm

Bump

saint_matthew
Overlord
Overlord

Post by saint_matthew » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:24 pm

Hahahahaha! I tried this with Robin & even Robin wins (though i did use my tactical map). Throw smoke pellet in opposite direction to draw attention. Shots fired at smoke cloud, which is the completely wrong direction. Robin sneaks beneath the tank using stealth from behind & from beneath the tank throw out another pellet in the same direction. He then climbs over the back of the tank while the gunner is distracted & knock him on the head with his Bo-Staff.

Drop sleep gas pellet into the tank, then drop the hatch (this took an extra action, so robin uses his 1 hero point). On his next round he use another gas pellet to hide when Robin realizes that guy has a rocket launcher (he's no longer in cover). At this point Robin does take a hit or two (dodge of 11, plus the cover of the cloud, plus some crap rolls from the Nazi's). Uses the cover of his gas pellet to get out of sight (stealth is your friend) & then took out the guy with the rocket launcher with a bolo (nat 20). After that its just a case of mopping up the guys with guns & as i'm Robin, thats no challenge.

Damn it, even the Goddamn Robin wins. :lol:

Does anyone want to try it as Aquaman?

-M
“Anti-Intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge’.”
-Isaac Asimov

grimmshade
Disciple
Disciple

Post by grimmshade » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:15 am

saint_matthew wrote:Hahahahaha! I tried this with Robin & even Robin wins (though i did use my tactical map). Throw smoke pellet in opposite direction to draw attention. Shots fired at smoke cloud, which is the completely wrong direction. Robin sneaks beneath the tank using stealth from behind & from beneath the tank throw out another pellet in the same direction. He then climbs over the back of the tank while the gunner is distracted & knock him on the head with his Bo-Staff.

Drop sleep gas pellet into the tank, then drop the hatch (this took an extra action, so robin uses his 1 hero point). On his next round he use another gas pellet to hide when Robin realizes that guy has a rocket launcher (he's no longer in cover). At this point Robin does take a hit or two (dodge of 11, plus the cover of the cloud, plus some crap rolls from the Nazi's). Uses the cover of his gas pellet to get out of sight (stealth is your friend) & then took out the guy with the rocket launcher with a bolo (nat 20). After that its just a case of mopping up the guys with guns & as i'm Robin, thats no challenge.

Damn it, even the Goddamn Robin wins. :lol:

Does anyone want to try it as Aquaman?

-M
Good one!
I ran an Aquaman one a while back, must have forgotten to post it! It involved a whale.

I'd love to see a GL or Aquaman by someone else.

Thunderstrike
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Thunderstrike » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:59 am

I just got the DCA book for Christmas and found this thread today... It was nice to see the new game mechanic in action.
"HA! A natural 20! That means I win. You can fall down now. What? Are you 4th edition?" - Richard the Warlock from Looking for Group Webcomic

grimmshade
Disciple
Disciple

Post by grimmshade » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:12 am

Now that I'm reading the M&M HH I'll try and post another one of these soon, with game mechanics included.

grimmshade
Disciple
Disciple

Post by grimmshade » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:57 pm

Princess is on her way home from the Laundrymat when she sees a fistful of Nazis approaching city hall! (6 Nazis with Assualt rifles and body armor, 1 with a Panzerfaust, and a Tiger Tank!) She slips into an alley and pulls on her newly washed Princess shirt and leaps out to land heroically in front of the Nazis. "Really guys? Nazis?"

(Initiative: Princess rolls 19+9 = 28, Nazis 1+1 = 2)

Princess Leaps into the middle of the 6 Nazis and spends a Hero Point to gain the Takedown advantage. She uses routine checks to hit them since they are all minions. This gives her an 8 + 10 = 18 to hit v. thier Parry 5+10 = 15. She hits all the Nazis. With Body Armor they have a +5 for Toughness Saves, but they need a 27 to save v. Princess punch damage so she Spins around and knocks em all out, ending with a cool, crouching, fist to the ground pose.

The Panzerfaust fires a rocket at Princess, rolling a 15 + 5 for ranged attack v. Dodge 8 (+10) = Hit! Princess rolls a 12 Toughness save, and gets a total of 24 v. Damage 10 (+15) giving her 1 degree of failure (-1 to Toughness Saves). The round explodes on her abdomen!

The Tanks machine gunner opens up with a burst at Princess, rolling an 18 + 5 ranged attack v Dodge 8 (+10) = hit with 2 degrees of success, which adds +2 to damage for a single target multiattack! Princess rolls a 18 + 11 toughness (she has a -1 from the Panzerfaust hit) for 29 v. damage 8 (+15) for the MG = no effect!

The tank fires at Princess and rolls a 8 + 5 for ranged, missing. However it also has an Area Damage 6 effect. Princess rolls a 3 + 8 Dodge so she doesnt roll over the 16 needed to halve the damage. She rolls a Toughness save of 15 + 11 toughness v damage 6 (+15) for no effect!

The smoke clears and Princess stands there looking at her now blackened Princess shirt. "You guys apparently don't know how much I hate doing laundry!"
She leaps at the tank and grabs the turret, punching her other fist into the tank with all her might. Tanks are not fast, so I am making the Tank "Defenseless." Princess could take a Routine Check to hit the tank, but she rolls it instead, getting an 8 + 8 close attack v. defense 10 = auto crit on the Tank. Tank saves v damage 12 + 5 crit (+15) 32! Tank rolls a 3 + 12 toughness = 15, 4 degrees of failure!
Princess' fist connects full on with the tank, causing a massive shockwave ripple in the air as the metal crumples and explodes, knocking the tank to bits.

Princess uses Extra Effort for another Action and swings the tanks turret at the Panzerfaust Nazi. Routine attack 18 v Parry 15 = hit. He needs an impossible 27 to save and gets smacked down by the tanks turret.

Princess dusts off her hands, forwns, and heads back towards the laundrymat. "Fricking Nazis!"