Orange City

Here's the place to seeks players for your group or a group for yourself.
Caniswolfman
Compatriot
Compatriot

Re: One-Shot 3e online game-Roll20

Postby Caniswolfman » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:52 pm

I'll see yous tonight! 8pm EST, come a little earlier if you want.

Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Aerlwyn » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:39 pm

Waiting for an invite when your ready.

Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Aerlwyn » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:47 pm

Going to start to spend my gained power points on a group hq. Think it might lend to the team feel. Let me know what details the rest of you are wanting.
Last edited by Aerlwyn on Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Caniswolfman
Compatriot
Compatriot

Postby Caniswolfman » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:55 pm

Hey Guys! Great game. I've got a couple things for homework when you can get to it.

1. Team name ideas; just post some ideas you have, I'll put them in a list so we can vote on it.

2. Friends, Foes, Contacts: This one will help me really flesh out this city more. If you can give me between 1-3 characters for each of these categories, that would be great. I don't need stats or anything, but just basic info. Friends will go out of their way to help you, whether in secret or costume identity. Foes are people that will go out of their way to hinder you. Contacts are neutral, they won't go out of their way to help you immediately, but can be persuaded or bargained with to help.

I will also try to post some basic information on the city and world if possible. Basic stuff. Right now, I'm thinking of calling the city Orange City and place it in Florida. That way your team can cover the lower part of the east coast and leave freedom city and the surrounding area to the Freedom League. Any objections or other ideas?

Input is welcome for the city building :)

Thugger The Slugger
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Thugger The Slugger » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:20 pm

Gonna edit Blurr a bit. Some of his skills doesn't match the backstory/personality I've given him. Location wise I'm fine with Florida, it gives us our own place to establish ourselves as competent superheroes.

Friends: Eugene Laxx: Owner of "Laxx Automotive" and Employer/Uncle to Blurr. He is aware of Chester's abilities and really enjoys having an employee who can dismantle a car in a few minutes. Blurr also rents the apartment located right above the auto shop.

Blurr hasn't made many enemies as far as he knows since he's relatively new to crime fighting.

Contacts:
Hermes - Chester's ancestor and master of speed combat. He only really contacts Blurr through his dreams, more often than not being cryptic in his advice. Chester isn't even sure if he's real.
Last edited by Thugger The Slugger on Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"The whole principle of censorship is wrong. It's like demanding that grown men live on skim milk because the baby can't have steak." - Mark Twain

"Why is it that the contemptibly ignorant always invoke the almighty?" - The Question

Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Aerlwyn » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:44 pm

Area will work fine as could come up with how makes her money, will do some thinking on contacts, friends and foes.

Entropicurity
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Entropicurity » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:11 am

Guyson the Capoeiran Street Fighter

Personal Info
:arrow: Income Source: Guyson is a gym trainer and demonstrates his Capoeira for various audiences. Unlike Street Fighting, he very rarely will go "all out" during his performances, focusing more on precision and self-restraint. Instead he will typically reserve his higher potential for stronger foes or when trying to train some of his stronger students, and in such situations he isn't afraid to fight dirty.

Friends
:arrow: Riena - Potential Love interest to Guy, Riena was once a street fighter like himself, though it was something she never really intended to continue after she escaped. Rescued by Guy, Riena now is trying to master a Mystical and Defensive version of her martial art which she hopes to use for healing and protection. Unfortunately, more times than not the mystical energies lead her into trouble with the dark Baron Samedi.

Foes
:!: Trollsta - Not so much an enemy, but what remains of Guyson's brother and rival. Addicted to and transformed by the Troll Serum, Trollsta is constantly going from location to location trying to find his fix, destroying everything along his path. Guyson will stop at nothing to train himself to handle the sheer power that his brother wields. Though he knows he can not do so alone...
:!: Baron Samedi - The core reason why the Troll Serum even exists, Baron hopes to corrupt even the strongest of heroes and turn them into his most useful tools against the likes of his other half, Siren. (Let me know if this is OK, Florida from what I understand is Baron's home turf).

Contacts
:idea: Koda - Once a police officer, Koda is now a private investigator though not originally by choice. Koda works with Guy from time to time to investigate what he hopes to be the source of the Troll Serum, despite the fact that the very search for the answer is what caused his elimination from the force. Koda just has a "gut feeling" that has helped Guy from time to time, though Koda only works with Guy when he feels he needs some muscle power, often times putting him in situations where Guy has to rescue him.
:idea: Doctor Sarah Mender - "Doc" as Guy has come to call her, is the woman who has been researching the Troll Serum for some time in the hopes of finding a cure. From time to time, Guy finds himself needing her help when things are a bit above his head, though more times than not the doctor is busy with other patients. As she gains more and more progress on finding a cure, the Baron finds new ways of keeping her from finding an answer and complicating things for not only her but Guyson as well.
:idea: Tafar - Tafar is a teenage street fighter who found himself stuck amidst the "Trolls," a gang who has been hand in hand with the Baron's efforts. From time to time Tafar will seek out Guy in the hopes of trying to keep his family gang from getting into something that could potentially kill them, and sometimes if Guy feels that his family is in danger will do the same in return. Though in order to do so, Guy has to either fight his way to him, or find some means of handling the "lesser trolls" as they rage into situations intended to cause trouble for Guy and his efforts. Otherwise, Tafar will not leave his family or do anything to put them in harms way, including stopping Guy if such a situation were to occur.

Final Thoughts
As far as Orange City goes, I feel that this would work out fairly well seeing as how Guyson likes to wear orange on his outfit. Having lived in Florida I can attest that there can be a lot of potential "dark" and entertaining villains to crop out there. Baron was the first one that came to mind, but we can also look forward to seeing a good home for plant/vermin based villains too.

As far as our team goes, I figured we could take these elements into account:
:idea: Eagle - Strength, Courage, Immortality, Protection (represented by an Open Winged Eagle)
:idea: Orange - Unconventional, Extroverts, Activity, Danger (And ironically "Orange" is the State fruit of Florida!)
:idea: Florida - Hurricanes, Tropical Storms, Oranges, Tropical, Ocean, Water,

A part of me wants to call us the Charger's, or even something related to a rising tide. Guyson's martial arts focus a lot on being adaptable and moving like water with the path of least resistance, but then being able to retaliate with the force of a [insert Storm, Tide, Tsunami, or other strong related word here].

I am open to anything else otherwise! Please let me know if any of this needs to be changed at all or if certain things are off limits. :mrgreen:
Muses Dice, your Open and Inspirational RPG/Techno-Savy Blog!
Entropic's 3e 2013 Creations!

"A gem is not polished without rubbing, nor a man perfected without trials." - Chinese Proverb

Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Aerlwyn » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:13 pm

Beltran

Personal Info
Income Source: Beltran family deal with r&d for the US government weapons program, everything from tanks all the way upto battle suits to deal with metahumans.

Friends
Callie Summers
Duncan Summers

Foes
The Oliverti Family
Red Death II
The Magician
Blackbird II
Warden
Silencer
Toy Boy
Rant and Rave
Magpie
Fearmaster
Conundrum
The Maestro
Orion the hunter
Wildcard

Contacts
Daedalus
Langstrom Albright
Astro labs
Fletcher Beaumont II
Julie Street (reporter)
Barbara Kane (police commissioner)
Last edited by Aerlwyn on Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Aerlwyn » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:00 pm

Welcome to the team headquarters, its sparce but its good as a start for you all. A donation from Elouise Calloway and Calloway Heavy Industries towards the heroes.

Top 5 floors

Toughness 10, Size Huge

Features:
Combat Simulator, Communications, Computer, Defense Systems, Gym, Living Space, Power System, Security Systems 2

Powers
Long Range Teleporter: Teleport 10 (Carry 25 tons;
Extended: 1000 miles in 2 move actions, Increased Mass 10;
Limited to Extended, Medium: Only between linked teleporters)

Power Points
Abilities 3 + Powers 1 + Advantages 0 + Features 9 + Skills
0 (0 ranks) + Defenses 2 + Equipment 0 (0 ep) + Weapons
& Armor 0 (0 ep) = 6+9 (shared)
Last edited by Aerlwyn on Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:27 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Thugger The Slugger
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Thugger The Slugger » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:34 pm

Group name ideas.

Blurr and friends/associates/sidekicks.

The Orange City *blank* (protectors,guardians,etc)

Maybe we need a simple name that's proceeded by an awesome adjective (Fantastic, Amazing, etc)
"The whole principle of censorship is wrong. It's like demanding that grown men live on skim milk because the baby can't have steak." - Mark Twain

"Why is it that the contemptibly ignorant always invoke the almighty?" - The Question

Entropicurity
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Entropicurity » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:48 pm

Depending on our repute and general income, I wouldn't mind investing one of my awarded character points to improve the HQ by another 5 ep?

All I would request is for Features to include a Gym and possibly Personnel to help maintain it. The rest I would share with the others as they see fit, otherwise I would use at least one of them for a cellphone or com unit for myself (Which would take up at most 3ep of the 5 from my character point).

"A gem is not polished without rubbing, nor a man perfected without trials." - Chinese Proverb

Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Aerlwyn » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:52 pm

Group income is more or less a slush fund that 2 of the players secretly or publicly put into. As to if others want to help thats upto you all as i said earlier just let me know what you want added to it so i can sort it all out.

Entropicurity
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Entropicurity » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:01 pm

Also, without knowing really how we all got together, the best thing I can think of is that our group was more or less an initiative put together by the combined resources of the likes of American Eagle and Beltran.

If that is indeed the case, given their backgrounds, purging out the "dark side" of Florida, I can see us having something along the lines of:

The Orange City [Angels, Champions, Defenders, Guardians, Keepers, Knights, Saviors, Vindicators] (Or alternatively, follow the previous choice by "of Orange City")

I am leaning towards Vindicator, as it is synonymous with Avenger, is in the shape of a "V" which fits to some extent the "winged" heroes that founded it (Assuming we are taking that route).

"The Keepers of Orange City" also sounds nice, in keeping with the fact that we all, to some degree, maintain or "keep" the purity of our small (or large?) city.

In either case, consider the HQ to have at least a Gym and Personnel to help maintain the large complex, a communication system, and I will "reserve" the other 2ep for a comlink and a cellphone.

Entropicurity
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Entropicurity » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:55 pm

The More I was thinking on it, Communications wouldn't sound very like him. Instead, how would this sound (Pending GM and fellow player approval):

HQ Shared EP (Guyson's Investment):

Guyson, being the martial Arts trainer that he is, puts the responsibility part of the HQ (The Gym) and his Mobile Dojo to the hands of his most trusted fellow Street Fighting Students. This all falls into the following Complimentary Features of our HQ:

:arrow: Gym - Guyson's ability to stay mobile and skilled with martial arts has allowed him the ability to provide a mobile service to his students and fellow members given enough notice. With the resources at his disposal, he has insured that the HQ has access to enough equipment to practice martial arts and learn how his fellow compatriots work in a team and solo combat and physical training atmosphere.
:arrow: Personnel - As part of their diciplinary training, the Street Fighting students are all capable and honored to work with Guyson and the [insert team name here] with the utmost of dedication.
:arrow: Defense System (Street Fighter Personnel) - Unlike most Personnel, the students act as a secondary effect as a group of minions that help keep the HQ protected. They "keep coming" until the physical HQ is rendered incapacitated or destroyed as would be typical for a Defense System. Their attacks are typically unarmed attacks with the attack bonus equal to the Power Level (10 in this case).

Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Aerlwyn » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:05 pm

Maybe something like security in place of personel right now, just forming the ideas so we can add personel next with some other features.

Return to “Player Locator”