Orange City

Here's the place to seeks players for your group or a group for yourself.
Entropicurity
Hireling
Hireling

Re: One-Shot 3e online game-Roll20

Post by Entropicurity » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:04 pm

Really had a blast today everyone!

Went through and got a chance to see how much fun a Martial Arts Street Fighter would turn out and boy did it ever deliver! Combine this with some of the most hilarious commentary and awesome classic phrases I can honestly say I had a GREAT time!

In the event that we can do this again (and I just so happen to be available) I'll be ALL over that!

Thanks again for all those present, it really made for a great experience!

- Cheers! 8)
Muses Dice, your Open and Inspirational RPG/Techno-Savy Blog!
Entropic's 3e 2013 Creations!

"A gem is not polished without rubbing, nor a man perfected without trials." - Chinese Proverb

Caniswolfman
Compatriot
Compatriot

Post by Caniswolfman » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:00 pm

Hey Guys,

So for right now, we’ll be gaming next week at 8:00. We can use skype for the audio, and if I can put together some maps, we can use Roll20.

If you’re going to make any adjustments to your character sheet, go ahead and do so and just send me the updated info.

If you’re going to use the earned PP to upgrade your character, just tell me what you’re spending it on.

Later, I will send you all more information on the city you’re in and the basic team history. If you have something you would like to contribute, such as how you joined, just let me know. You’re more than welcome to add to your team’s history.

Expanded Cast: it’s a little early to begin this, but I just wanted to let you know know in case you were interested. If you have another hero you think would be a good addition to the team, let me know. We can work to introduce them as a Guest Star for an adventure, and if successful, add them as a permanent member of them team. You would then have a back up character for times when you want a change of pace. This can also just be used for a one shot appearance, testing out a new character. I just want you to know you have flexibility.

I will begin to ask a little bit more information from you to help flesh out the world. I’ll send the specifics later, but information such as allies, enemies, and contacts.

We also need to think of a team name…

I know I gave you an email address yesterday, but use this one instead; I check this one more: caniswolfman24@aol.com

If it’s preferential, we can just go back and forth on an email chain. I know I can check my email from work easier than the ATT.

I’ll talk to you guys later!

Entropicurity
Hireling
Hireling

Post by Entropicurity » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:30 pm

Seeing as how Madwand may or may not be utilizing Princess I may have to wait and see how I fit into things. I know for sure that my character's brother Mike (AKA Trollsta) is a rather loose canon and could easily see him going toe to toe with Princess and him, making it for an awesome intro to the team.

Though since it is a bit of a tossup, I am rather curious to see how the others fall in. Another option could easily be myself teaming up with American Eagle as well, seeing how awesome of a leader/paragon the bird had become in the game.

Anybody else have any thoughts?

"A gem is not polished without rubbing, nor a man perfected without trials." - Chinese Proverb

Thugger The Slugger
Bystander
Bystander

Post by Thugger The Slugger » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:49 pm

I was actually up half the night trying to figure out how fast I could get to the Neatherlands haha. For me it would be less than a half hour from shore to shore.
Last edited by Thugger The Slugger on Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The whole principle of censorship is wrong. It's like demanding that grown men live on skim milk because the baby can't have steak." - Mark Twain

"Why is it that the contemptibly ignorant always invoke the almighty?" - The Question

Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Aerlwyn » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:51 pm

Think American Eagle would be a good leader type. Still waiting for the first game to go on. Not sure who got in or not really.

Entropicurity
Hireling
Hireling

Post by Entropicurity » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:00 pm

Aerlwyn wrote:Think American Eagle would be a good leader type. Still waiting for the first game to go on. Not sure who got in or not really.
We had the first game last night, and it was quite entertaining. I had thought you were on initially and for whatever reason it appeared that you had dropped. If we had missed you unintentionally I apologize! If anything, I look forward to gaming with you soon once we make sure we can get this game up off the ground!

All in all a great game! And yeah, Speed 10 is pretty silly once you start getting the math down! Just imagine you can keep upping the ante too!

Thugger The Slugger
Bystander
Bystander

Post by Thugger The Slugger » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:05 pm

Entropicurity wrote:All in all a great game! And yeah, Speed 10 is pretty silly once you start getting the math down! Just imagine you can keep upping the ante too!
Ha definitely. I think though that I'd much rather fluff out my character before diving back into Speed. Afterall, too much is boring.
"The whole principle of censorship is wrong. It's like demanding that grown men live on skim milk because the baby can't have steak." - Mark Twain

"Why is it that the contemptibly ignorant always invoke the almighty?" - The Question

Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Aerlwyn » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:06 pm

Ah ok was busy last night with another game thats why, oh well enjoy the game.

Madwand
Hireling
Hireling

Post by Madwand » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:50 am

I'm stil planning to play Princess. For the moment, it seems the team can use a powerhouse. However, I'm not attached to her and if someone else wanted to play a powerhouse, I could play an original PC.

Entropicurity
Hireling
Hireling

Post by Entropicurity » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:20 pm

Any idea on what you would rather play? Depending on how things turn out, I have PLENTY of characters to pull from and can easily whip something up.

Arguably though, American Eagle fits the roll of the Paragon/Strong type very nicely. I personally do not mind either way.

scooterhawk
Sidekick
Sidekick

Post by scooterhawk » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:57 pm

I've made some changes to American Eagle. I thought that we could use a tech savvy hero on the team. So here is what I've come up with.
I'll post the background sometime tomorrow night.

American Eagle - PL 10

Strength 10/2, Stamina 2, Agility 2/0, Dexterity 1, Fighting 4, Intellect 8, Awareness 2, Presence 3

Advantages
Benefit, Wealth 5 (billionare), Equipment 4, Favored Environment: Air, Improved Initiative, Improvised Tools, Inspire 2, Inventor, Leadership, Minion 2, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Skill Mastery: Technology, Takedown 2

Skills
Expertise: Business 2 (+10), Perception 1 (+10/+3), Persuasion 3 (+6), Technology 9 (+17), Vehicles 1 (+2)

Powers
Comm Link: Senses 1 (Communication Link: mental w/SYBIL)
Eagle Armor (Removable)
Life Support: Immunity 9 (Disease, Enviromental Conditions (All), Poison, Suffocation (All))
Powered Exoskeleton
Enhanced Trait: Enhanced Trait 20 (Traits: Strength +8 (+10), Agility +2 (+2))
Reactive Armor
Protection: Protection 3 (+3 Toughness; Impervious; Limited: Phyiscal Attacks Only)
Protection: Protection 5 (+5 Toughness; Impervious)
Robotic Wings
Burst of Speed: Flight 12 (Speed: 8000 miles/hour, 16 miles/round; Unreliable (5 uses), Wings)
Deflect: Deflect 10 ([0 active, 11/11 PP, 1/r-3]; Diminished Range 3)
Dive Bomb: Strength-based Damage 2 ([2 active, 11/11 PP, 1/2r+5], DC 27, Advantages: Move-by Action, Takedown 2; Accurate 2: +4, Linked: Flight: Flight 10; Limited: Only While Flying)
Flight: Flight 10 ([4 active, 11/11 PP, 1/r+1], Speed: 30 miles/hour, 500 feet/round, Advantages: Favored Environment: Air; Wings)
Senses: Senses 7 (Removable, Accurate: Vision, Extended: Vision 2: x100, Infravision, Radio, Ultravision)
Tactical Computer
Enhanced Trait: Enhanced Trait 21.5 (Traits: Close Combat +6 (+10), Dodge +8 (+10), Parry +6 (+10), Perception +7 (+10), Advantages: Improved Initiative)

Equipment
The Aerie

Offense
Initiative +6
Dive Bomb: Strength-based Damage 2, +8 (DC 27)
Grab, +4 (DC Spec 20)
Throw, +1 (DC 25)
Unarmed, +10 (DC 25)

Complications
Fame: American Eagle is a national hero and is recognized and respected wherever he goes.
Aeneas is one of the world's richest men and as such is constantly in the public eye.
Motivation: Doing Good: Aeneas is driven to what is right and to use his wealth and talents to help those who cannot help themselves.
Motivation: Patriotism: Aeneas believes in the American Dream and is a staunch defender of Liberty and Justice.

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 10/2, Parry 10/4, Fortitude 5, Toughness 10, Will 10

Power Points
Abilities 44 + Powers 71 + Advantages 18 + Skills 8 (16 ranks) + Defenses 11 = 152

--------------------

SYBIL - PL 10

Strength -, Stamina -, Agility -, Dexterity -, Fighting -, Intellect 6, Awareness 2, Presence -

Advantages
Eidetic Memory, Teamwork, Well-informed

Skills
Expertise: Current Events 4 (+10), Expertise: History 4 (+10), Expertise: Science 4 (+10), Insight 5 (+7), Investigation 4 (+10), Perception 5 (+7), Technology 4 (+10)

Powers
Communication: Radio Communication 4
AI Interface: Perception Area Comprehend 2 (Alternate; Machines / Electronics; Perception Area 2)
Machine Overide: Perception Area Move Object 8 (Alternate; 6 tons; Perception Area; Limited Material: Machines Only)
Immunity: Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects)
Quickness: Quickness 6 (Perform routine tasks in -6 time ranks; Limited to One Type: Mental Tasks Only)
Senses: Senses 3 (Communication Link: mental w/AE, Direction Sense, Distance Sense)
Universal Translator: Comprehend 2 (Languages - Understand All, Languages - You're Understood; Broad Type: Human Languages)

Offense
Initiative +0
Grab, +0 (DC Spec 10)
Machine Overide: Perception Area Move Object 8 (DC 18)
Throw, +0 (DC 15)
Unarmed, +0 (DC 15)

Complications
Power Loss: SYBIL can loose connection with American Eagle in intense magnetic or electrical fields.
Sentient AI: SYBIL has no physical form and cannot interact with physically the material world

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge None, Parry None, Fortitude Immune, Toughness 0, Will None

Power Points
Abilities -44 + Powers 56 + Advantages 3 + Skills 15 (30 ranks) + Defenses 0 = 30

--------------------

The Aerie - PL 10

Toughness 10, Size Large

Features:
Communications, Computer, Defense System, Fire Prevention System, Gym, Hangar, Infirmary, Laboratory, Library, Living Space, Power System, Security System 1, Workshop

Power Points
Abilities 2 + Powers 0 + Advantages 0 + Features 13 + Skills 0 (0 ranks) + Defenses 2 + Equipment 0 (0 ep) + Weapons & Armor 0 (0 ep) = 17
Last edited by scooterhawk on Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Madwand
Hireling
Hireling

Post by Madwand » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:58 pm

Entropicurity wrote:Any idea on what you would rather play? Depending on how things turn out, I have PLENTY of characters to pull from and can easily whip something up.

Arguably though, American Eagle fits the roll of the Paragon/Strong type very nicely. I personally do not mind either way.
I really have no idea. Most of my options would infringe on other's niche. So for now, I think the status quo is simplest.

Entropicurity
Hireling
Hireling

Post by Entropicurity » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:06 pm

So far, absolutely love it!

Though I must ask, since SYBIL is purely mental, would it make more sense to go with Eidetic Memory instead of Jack of All Trades (If I recall, the later is limited strictly to mental skills?) Or would this inherently be in conjunction with the suit instead?

I must say though, I do find it funny as I have a Power Armor type character I had put together recently that had a physical disability where he couldn't walk but his power armor allowed him (and was alternatively built into his wheelchair).

The only real difference I have made for Guyson is the fact that instead of favored environment, the man now has Setup to tie in with his background with his brother and the fact that he does so well with another melee combatant.

Almost tempted to turn my acrobatics into a dance of some sort and use it for Dazing attempts, though I feel with what crew we have right now setup ought to be a better choice!

Guyson: "BRING IT!"

Entropicurity
Hireling
Hireling

Post by Entropicurity » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:09 pm

Madwand wrote:I really have no idea. Most of my options would infringe on other's niche. So for now, I think the status quo is simplest.
Heh, the important thing would be to have fun. If you feel you would be infringing, at least in my regard, let me know. Martial artists tend to do REALLY well if they have an art that they can use together OR alone! The way I see it is: "Double.... DRAGON!"

To add to that fact, my character was part of a Duo for a long time, after his "masters" corrupted his brother, he has felt a little lost.

Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Aerlwyn » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:10 pm

Question - Would you call this a power or equipment?

Combat Suit (Removable)
- Enhanced Ability: Enhanced Strength 2 (+2 STR)
- Enhanced Trait: Enhanced Trait 4 (Traits: Dodge +2 (+13), Parry +2 (+13))
- Leaping: Leaping 1 (Leap 15 feet at 4 miles/hour)
- Movement: Movement 2 (Wall-crawling 2: full speed)
- Protection: Protection 1 (+1 Toughness)
- Senses: Senses 1 (Infravision)