Orange City

Here's the place to seeks players for your group or a group for yourself.
Entropicurity
Hireling
Hireling

Re: One-Shot 3e online game-Roll20

Post by Entropicurity » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:21 pm

Aerlwyn wrote:Question - Would you call this a power or equipment?

Combat Suit (Removable)
- Enhanced Ability: Enhanced Strength 2 (+2 STR)
- Enhanced Trait: Enhanced Trait 4 (Traits: Dodge +2 (+13), Parry +2 (+13))
- Leaping: Leaping 1 (Leap 15 feet at 4 miles/hour)
- Movement: Movement 2 (Wall-crawling 2: full speed)
- Protection: Protection 1 (+1 Toughness)
- Senses: Senses 1 (Infravision)
In all honesty, it would be a matter of taste in my mind. All the powers that I see there are "minor" in that they provide small benefits to a PL 10 character. Not to mention, the cost of the entire thing would be around 15 power points if I am doing my math right. The most significant ability would probably be the enhanced strength.

Also, given the fact that these same effects can be emulated with regular equipment available to most people, I'd say equipment would fit the best. Though, at the same time, if it is central to the character's concept as opposed to simply flavor, I'd set it up as a device.
Muses Dice, your Open and Inspirational RPG/Techno-Savy Blog!
Entropic's 3e 2013 Creations!

"A gem is not polished without rubbing, nor a man perfected without trials." - Chinese Proverb

Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Aerlwyn » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:24 pm

Yah i was wondering as the GM kit calls it a power but as you said its all equipment mostly. Would save me some points to add a utility belt to the character so she has some ranged abilities.

Entropicurity
Hireling
Hireling

Post by Entropicurity » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:29 pm

Disclaimer: All I would say is keep in mind that the equipment is VERY flaky. As in losing it due to amunition, lack of power, or simply faily a saving throw by enough of a degree can potentially cause a complication where the equipment is concerned.

I am sure you are aware of that already, and considering the character you had at the beginning looks more like a crime fighter than an Engineer, I would imagine equipment is simply a tool of the trade that you happen to carry in large quantities. Yay utility belt? :mrgreen:

"A gem is not polished without rubbing, nor a man perfected without trials." - Chinese Proverb

Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Aerlwyn » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:36 pm

Yep i know all to well had several stolen and blown up :)

Entropicurity
Hireling
Hireling

Post by Entropicurity » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:07 pm

Aerlwyn wrote:Yep i know all to well had several stolen and blown up :)
LoL, had the same happen myself. That and I had a player who tried to make a Power Armor using nothing but equipment. Sure he had a lot of stuff, but half of it he couldn't carry with him (inherent drawback of equipment) or had limited ammo, or just required more than one person to operate.

Either way though, fun stuff to be had! :P

Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Aerlwyn » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:14 pm

All good and funny. Fixed the character to how i think it should be and fleshed out the skills some.

scooterhawk
Sidekick
Sidekick

Post by scooterhawk » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:46 am

Entropicurity wrote:So far, absolutely love it!

Though I must ask, since SYBIL is purely mental, would it make more sense to go with Eidetic Memory instead of Jack of All Trades
Yes, yes it would. I'll make the change a post with the backstory tonight.

scooterhawk
Sidekick
Sidekick

Post by scooterhawk » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:31 pm

Made a few cosmetic changes to AE. Increased his Intelligence, lowered his Stamina and removed his disability complication (too much like Iron Man). Also swapped the Jack of All Trades advantage on SYBIL for Eidetic Memory.

Here is AE's back story:

William Jordan sat his son Aeneas on his lap. The boy, earlier that day, had gotten into a fight with an older boy at school. The fight started over the older boy taunting Aeneas for being poor. William, putting an ice pack on his son’s badly swollen left eye, smiled at the boy and said words that he wouldn't remember until later in his life.
“Son,” he said “Our people came to this country in chains, as slaves; but today, because of the sacrifice of others no richer or smarter than us, we’re free to pursue our dreams.” “It doesn’t much matter where you start out. What’s important is how you finish.” “That boy thinks he’s better than you because of what he has, but what a man has can be taken away, it can be lost, or stolen. What can’t be taken away is the impact of what a man does. Do what’s right and you’ll leave a legacy worth more than all the money in the world can buy you.”

It was then that William pulled out his most prized possession, the first Medal of Honor won by a black man.

“You see this medal.” William pulled the medal from an old wooden box and placed it in his son’s small hands. “This was won by your Great Grand Pappy, William Harvey Carney a long time ago during the Civil War.” “He was a slave, grew up in Virginia, had nothing, but it was his actions that made him a man who people still honor today.”
But Aeneas didn’t hear his father’s words not now, not yet. He wanted what the other kids had. Their dads had wealth, influence, power, and status. His dad was janitor and in Aeneas’ mind a failure. He wanted more and his drive coupled with his budding genius would soon garner him everything he thought he desired.

By the time Aeneas was 19 he had made his first million. By 21 he had founded Ilium, a company that specialized in robotics and AI interface technologies. Shortly thereafter he began designing and manufacturing smart weapons and robotic drones for the United States Military. Those contracts would make him, at the age of 25, the 3rd richest man in America. It was at the height of his power and success that he received word that his dad had died.
Aeneas hadn’t talked to the old man in years. His dad had simply been too ‘small’ for his world. He attended the funeral, gathered his dad’s meager possessions, and head back home to the life he had created; the life he deserved. However, something wasn’t right and try as hard as he might, he couldn’t find joy within the life he had made.

He began looking through his dad’s belongings. There were several pictures of His dad and his mother Claire. They showed the two of them; on some beach, at an amusement park, and the even the Grand Canyon. One was of Claire standing proudly in the room she and William had just painted. The back of the photo read: Nursery 1988. A year later, Claire would succumb to bone cancer, two weeks shy of her 30th birthday.

He leafed through some of the letters his parents had written to one another over the years and as he was going through them a small note, written on hospital stationary, fell from the stack and on to his desk. The handwriting on the note was unsteady and it appeared to be stained by tears. It read:

Claire,
I know we don’t have much time left together and the thought of being separated from you is more than I think I will be able to bear. But I promise you that I will do whatever it takes, make whatever sacrifice necessary to raise our son to be a man that you will be proud of.
I love you.
Will

Tears began to roll down Aeneas’ face. He felt ashamed for ever thinking that he dad was failure and that his life was small. His parents had sacrificed much so that he could be…what? It was at that moment his hand brushed against the old box that contained William Carney’s medal. He opened the box and looked again on the heirloom. As he stared at the eagle embossed in the medal’s heart, the image of the bird, in his mind’s eye, seemed to radiate light and take flight. His father’s words came flooding back to him. “Be the man you were meant to be. Leave a legacy that will endure in others.” On that night, American Eagle was born.

Thugger The Slugger
Bystander
Bystander

Post by Thugger The Slugger » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:23 pm

It's strange because I have so many ideas for speed based powers but all of them work best as power stunts. So I'm not really sure where to take Blurr from here.
"The whole principle of censorship is wrong. It's like demanding that grown men live on skim milk because the baby can't have steak." - Mark Twain

"Why is it that the contemptibly ignorant always invoke the almighty?" - The Question

scooterhawk
Sidekick
Sidekick

Post by scooterhawk » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:12 pm

Caniswolfman wrote:Hey Guys, So for right now, we’ll be gaming next week at 8:00.
Guys - Unfortunately, I can't play next week unless we hold the session on Saturday or Sunday. The following week I should be available Monday thru Friday (I'm on vacation) So, if you do play and I can't participate, then please feel free to use American Eagle as an NPC.

Also, I need help. I cannot decide which version of AE I like best. So, from a team perspective, which of the two versions do you guys think would be most valuable to the team, or which one would you just rather see? Which ever you decide I'll play, but right now I need the decision taken out of my hands. :)

Thanks!

Caniswolfman
Compatriot
Compatriot

Post by Caniswolfman » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:38 pm

Thugger: We can talk before the game about ideas of where to take Blurr. Maybe stuff in some of the game sessions will give you ideas of where to go.

Hawk: I really like the story for the latest interation of AE, and having a Tech guy will be useful especially for next game. Even if you can't make it, I'll NPC AE for certain things. The tech AE is also set up as the Leader and frontman for the group, which is good too. In the end it's your choice, but I've liked all the builds.

Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Aerlwyn » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:12 pm

Made some changes to the character to include a ground vehicle.

Its 8pm today right for the game what time zone was that again?

Entropicurity
Hireling
Hireling

Post by Entropicurity » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:16 am

It is still on tuesday if I recall, please feel free to correct me if I am incorrect.

Also, my schedule is looking open for the 29th though I have to leave before it gets to 11:30 as I have to open at work the next morning.

As always, feel free to NPC my character tomorrow. Hope you all have fun!

Caniswolfman
Compatriot
Compatriot

Post by Caniswolfman » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:35 am

Yea, this Tuesday (Tomorrow) at 8.

Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Aerlwyn » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:16 pm

Thanks got the right time wrong day for some reason :) but its all good.