Orange City

Here's the place to seeks players for your group or a group for yourself.
Entropicurity
Hireling
Hireling

Re: One-Shot 3e online game-Roll20

Post by Entropicurity » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:23 pm

In that case, could the Personnel instead convert to something like the following?

:?: Security System (Constant Watch) - Guyson's fellow Street Fighters keep a constant watch over the Tower, subduing anyone who tries to break in. Requires a DC 20 Stealth Check to gain access, or suffer detection from the Security System (the actual fighters themselves).
Muses Dice, your Open and Inspirational RPG/Techno-Savy Blog!
Entropic's 3e 2013 Creations!

"A gem is not polished without rubbing, nor a man perfected without trials." - Chinese Proverb

Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Aerlwyn » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:24 pm

Would be upto the gm about that, but its a good idea if it works.

Made a change to Beltran as i was not making the most of abilities and using to much for skills i dropped 4 from ranged combat thrown and ranged combat utility belt each and bought ranged attack 4 to make the character better overall in my mind. I felt i was relying to much on skill points more than raw ability.

Thugger The Slugger
Bystander
Bystander

Post by Thugger The Slugger » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:18 pm

I spent my 1pp on Equipment and I still have 2ep I can donate to the HQ. I don't have the funds but I can help speed things along, pun slightly intended.
"The whole principle of censorship is wrong. It's like demanding that grown men live on skim milk because the baby can't have steak." - Mark Twain

"Why is it that the contemptibly ignorant always invoke the almighty?" - The Question

Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Aerlwyn » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:39 pm

Ok so we have what 5 extra EP towards the headquarters. Will need to know what others are looking for i know a Gym was a must have is there anything else players want?

Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Aerlwyn » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:59 am

Had an idea for a group name "The Orange City Guardians"

Madwand
Hireling
Hireling

Post by Madwand » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:12 pm

I'm not a fan of naming ourselves "Orange City" anything. It constrains us to adventures taking place in Orange City... what are we going to call ourselves if we get called up to save the world, or the universe? Other than that, any decent name will do. "Champions", "Guardians", they're all good.

Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Aerlwyn » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:15 pm

Well we could just go with "The Guardians" instead if thats better for everyone.

Entropicurity
Hireling
Hireling

Post by Entropicurity » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:59 pm

"A name is something that someone gives you in the form of a gift or a curse..."

Given our experiences in the general populace, I am rather amazed that they haven't quite given us names yet. Only reason the "Avengers" were as such was because by the time they got to the point where they got together, they were avenging someone's loss of life (at least in the case of the movie).

In our case, we all are in essence a collective of people who would otherwise not be together if it were not for unique circumstances. What do we stand for? Why are we fighting the good fight? If protection is one thing, any of the Guardian or Keeper like names would fit.

Now if we are fighting to gain Justice or Avenge those we have lost, the Vindicators would fit a bit better.

In the end it just matters on who has given us the name and if we feel it fits our ultimate end goals. Personally with only one game under my belt, I haven't had a good enough feel for the entire crew. Personally, my character is driven to save and rescue people from the Barron's evil schemes. As far as protection goes, it is something that Guyson will do, though he is more of one who prevents evil rather than a protector from evil (proactive instead of reactive).

Then it comes to the question of who would want us to "assemble" together? Since I missed the last game, I am unsure of what plot we are working to prevent and who or what patrons have invested into our group. In that case, what purpose/task do they have for us? If it is completely player driven, what are the goals of those players and why have the rest of the crew assembled under them? Given what I have experienced, it would need to be a bit more than just financial backing.

Guyson doesn't really care one way or the other. All that he care about at this point is finding help to save his brother above all else, as his brother if he gets out of hand would cause a lot of harm and destruction if left unchecked. Additionally, if he can at least subdue him long enough for the "Doc" to find a cure, he would then hopefully be able to take on the Baron himself.

"A gem is not polished without rubbing, nor a man perfected without trials." - Chinese Proverb

Entropicurity
Hireling
Hireling

Post by Entropicurity » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:37 pm

Proposals for me so far:

"Keepers of the Storm"
"Coastal Guardians"
"Eagle Guardians" or simply "The Eagles"

As it would so happen, it has been known for the American Eagle to reside along various parts of Florida, making the later of the three very fitting.

Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Aerlwyn » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:40 pm

Either of the last two will work well for the team.

scooterhawk
Sidekick
Sidekick

Post by scooterhawk » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:25 pm

I am unsure of what plot we are working to prevent and who or what patrons have invested into our group. In that case, what purpose/task do they have for us? If it is completely player driven, what are the goals of those players and why have the rest of the crew assembled under them? Given what I have experienced, it would need to be a bit more than just financial backing.
Eagle's primary motivation is to live up to those ideas espoused by his father and to be an example for others. He firmly believes that with great power comes great responsibility and that drives him to be a hero.

As for a team origin, Eagle could have reached out to other like minded heroes to battle those threats that no one single hero could defeat alone. Although he would be humbled by the suggestion that the team be named after himself in someway, he would never agree to it - viewing each member of team equally deserving of the honor.

I like the name Guardians.

Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Aerlwyn » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:14 pm

I added details to the headquarters and went with ideas that will work for us in the long run at the start, i hope everyone is ok with it. If not let me know.

Entropicurity
Hireling
Hireling

Post by Entropicurity » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:40 am

It seems to me that the name "Guardians" have fit very well for the rest of us. If it is ok with everyone else, I would like to put in that we stick with "Guardians" from here on out, putting the total vote to 4 (From American Eagle, Beltran, Princess, and myself).

Also, are we up for gaming this upcoming Tuesday? And if so, we still doing it from 8pm till 11:30pm?

Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Aerlwyn » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:52 am

I thought that was the day and time we sorted.

Thugger The Slugger
Bystander
Bystander

Post by Thugger The Slugger » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:29 am

Guardians is fine with me.
"The whole principle of censorship is wrong. It's like demanding that grown men live on skim milk because the baby can't have steak." - Mark Twain

"Why is it that the contemptibly ignorant always invoke the almighty?" - The Question