Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Ursine's custom creations: Stanford Meriwether

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.

Additions To The Toy Chest

Postby ursinethemadbear » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:42 pm

Ok, obviously I stopped posting the WOTD builds again. Life just got a little too hectic. So I am going back to just posting characters as I come up with them, with no kind of schedule.

HERE is the full Toy Chest.

• Feather Of The Phoenix: Easily Removable [-4] • 6 points total
  • Damage: 4, Improved Critical 2 [18-20], Strength-based • 6 points
  • Enhanced Advantages: 2, Improved Critical 2 [4 total, 16-20], Limited [Only In Sunlight] • 1 point
  • Multiattack: 6, Limited [Only In Sunlight], Applies To Damage Effect • 3 points

The Feather Of The Phoenix is a scimitar crafted of fine damscene steel, with odd tints of red and gold in the metal. While an exceptional blade at any time, its true power is only shown under the light of the sun. When exposed to sunlight, the blade seems to shine brightly, and the wielder finds his blade moving with supernatural alacrity.
The Feather Of The Phoenix was forged before the first crusade and was used in battle many times against the christians invading the Holy Land, until it was captured by an unnamed templar knight during the third crusade. The Feather was transported back to France, and placed in one of the Templar's vaults, and has not been seen again.

• Nemean Mantle: Removable [-8] • 34 points total
  • Immunity: 40, Slashing, Piercing • 40 points
  • Protection: 2 • 2 points

Though not great protection from bludgeoning attacks or energy, this garment, made from the hide of the infamous nemean lion, is impossible to slash or pierce. Of course this beggs the question, How did they manage to get the hide of the lion in the fist place?

• Royal Pain's Pacifier: Easily Removable [-12] • 18 points total
  • Affliction: 10, Ranged, Alternate Resistance [Dodge then Fortitude], Secondary Effect, 1st degree- Dazed, 2nd degree- Stunned, 3rd degree- Transformed [Into a Baby] • 30 points

As featured in the somewhat amusing Disney movie Sky High, the Pacifier turns anyone struck by it into an infant.

Hedge Wizard's Hat: Removable [-2] • 10 points total
  • Minor Levinbolt [Damage]: 4, Ranged, Accurate • 9 points
  • AE Mage Hand [Move Object]: 2, Perception Ranged, Sustained, Precise, 200 lbs • 1 point
  • AE Conjuration [Create]: 3, Continuous, Innate, Precise, Subtle, Proportional • 1 point
  • AE Notice Me Not [Concealment]: 10, Passive, Resistible [Will] • 1 point

This grey, somewhat ratty looking, wizard's hat imbues the wearer with the power to cast a few minor magic spells. Though not particularly powerful, these spells can be very useful to a clever wearer.
Life is what happens while I am busy gaming.
I use DCA, unless I state otherwise, all my posts are for DCA. I assume that 3ed is the same, but might be wrong in specific areas.

ursinethemadbear
Zealot
Zealot

Re: Ursine's custom creations: Jeremiah Christmas

Postby ursinethemadbear » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:19 pm

Jeremiah Christmas, Alpha
Power Level 10/ 150 points
Abilities 76 + Advantages 13 + Skills 23 + Powers 24 + Defenses 14 = 150 points

Concept: Celebrity Superhero
Description: Jeremiah is a good-looking man in extraordinarily good shape, who usually has a confident smirk on his face.
Age: 28 Sex: Male Height: 6'1" Weight: 176 lbs Hair: Light Brown Eyes: Blue
Costume: Alpha wears a silver soft-armor bodysuit with black trim, boots and gauntlets.

Abilities: 76 points
Strength: 4, Stamina: 8, Agility: 4, Dexterity: 4
Fighting: 8, Intellect: 2, Awareness: 2, Presence: 6

Advantages: 13 points
All-Out Attack, Attractive 2, Benefit [Multi-millionaire] 4, Connected, Fascinate [Persuasion], Favored Environment [Aerial], Jack-Of-All-Trades, Move-by Action, Power Attack

Skills: 23 points
Athletics 4/+8, Close Combat [Unarmed] 4/+12, Deception 2/+8, Expertise [Acting] 8/+14, Expertise [Musician] 8/+14, Insight 2/+4, Perception 2/+4, Persuasion 14/+20, Technology 2/+4

Powers: 24 points
• Fly Like An Eagle: 16 points total
  • Flight: 7, Aquatic, Subtle, 250 mph/ 1/2 mile per round • 16 points

• Soft Body Armor: Removable [-1] • 4 points total
  • Immunity: 1, Cold • 1 points
  • Protection: 4 • 4 points

Kinetic Surge Gauntlets: Removable [-1] • 4 points total
  • Enhanced Advantages: 1, Improved Critical [19-20, Punches] • 1 point
  • Enhanced Strength: 4, Limited [Damage only] • 4 points

Defenses: 14 points
Dodge: 4/+8, Parry: 0/+8, Fortitude: 4/+12, Toughness: --/+8 - +12, Will: 6/+8

Offense:
Initiative: +4
Unarmed: 4 [DC 19], +12 attack
Kinetic Surge Gaunlets: 8 [DC 23], +12 attack

Complications:
Motivation- Recognition
Famous- Jeremiah is both a publically known superhero and a successful actor.

While more than a few metahumans have tried to turn a career as a hero into a career in acting or music, Jeremiah Christmas actually did things the other way around. Jeremiah was discovered at the age of twelve, and had several successful movies as a child star, before accomplishing the extremely difficult transition to an adult star. At nineteen, he released his first album, a mix of rock and pop that flew up the charts.
Jeremiah Christmas was already a household name at the age of 24, when his life changed. A malfunction in a stunt harness left a female costar hanging more than 400 feet in the air, with no way for anyone to reach her before the harness broke completely and she fell. In what has become one of the most watched videos on the Internet, Jeremiah flew through the air, catching the woman, and revealing his metahuman status, of which even he had been unaware.
Of course, Jeremiah used his new abilities for publicity, that is what celebrities do after all. But he also made a choice. Jeremiah chose to actually be a hero, instead of just playing as one. Though even most other capes do not take him seriously, Jeremiah is as devoted to helping people as he is to his career.
I use DCA, unless I state otherwise, all my posts are for DCA. I assume that 3ed is the same, but might be wrong in specific areas.

ursinethemadbear
Zealot
Zealot

Re: Ursine's custom creations: Sylvia Angel

Postby ursinethemadbear » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:23 pm

Sylvia Angel
Power Level 8/ 120 points
Abilities 48 + Advantages 5 + Skills 8 + Powers 47 + Defenses 12 = 120 points

Concept: Telekinetic Mercenary
Description: Sylvia is a sultry brunette with a curvaceous build and a preference for sexy clothing.
Age: 26 Sex: Female Height: 5'6" Weight: 132 lbs Hair: Black Eyes: Brown
Costume: Sylvia chooses not to wear a costume, prefering to dress in her own very provactive style, though she does add a concealing face mask.

Abilities: 48 points
Strength: 0, Stamina: 2, Agility: 2, Dexterity: 2
Fighting: 6, Intellect: 2, Awareness: 6, Presence: 4

Advantages: 5 points
Attractive 2, Benefit [Well-Off], Defensive Roll 2

Skills: 8 points
Deception 2/+6, Expertise [Criminal] 4/+6, Persuasion 4/+8, Ranged Combat [Telekinesis] 6/+8

Powers: points
• Telekinetic Mastery: 47 points total
  • Telekinetic Deflection [Enhanced Defenses]: 12, Dodge +6, Parry +6 • 12 points
  • AE Telekinetic Shield [Create]: 8, Close Ranged, Impervious, Selective, Subtle 2, Distracting, Limited [Sphere Only] • 1 point
  • Telekinesis [Move Object]: 8, Perception Ranged, Precise, Subtle, 6 tons • 34 points

Defenses: 12 points
Dodge: 4/+6 - +12, Parry: 0/+6 -+12, Fortitude: 4/+6, Toughness: --/+4, Will: 4/+10

Offense:
Initiative: +2
Unarmed: 0 [DC 15], +6 attack
Telekinsesis: 8 [DC 23], +8 attack

Complications:
Motivation- Greed
Criminal- Sylvia Angel is a known criminal, having worked for a number of criminal organizations, though she has yet to be arrested or even identified.

Sylvia Angel is the only child of Johnathan Angel, a notorious hitman who operated in Philadelphia in the 70's. Though her father was not a metahuman, he had worked with a few, so when Sylvia's telekinetic powers began manifesting inher early teens, he was able to connect his daughter with a man known as The Eye, a moderately talented but highly skilled psychic who provided training and guidance to the girl.
Sylvia developed her telekinetic strength and dexterity, and when she was twenty, she began taking jobs, providing muscle for bank robberies and other major heists. Her career is well-known to law enforcement, but her true identity is not known, gicen that she wears a mask, and never works anywhere near her current home in Pittsburgh.

ursinethemadbear
Zealot
Zealot

Re: Ursine's custom creations: Toys For Tots

Postby ursinethemadbear » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:23 pm

HERE is the full toy section.

• Lady Elizabeth's Silver Chain: Removable [-6] • 26 points total
  • Features: 2, Perfect Hair, Impecable Wardrobe [Clothes are always neat and clean] • 2 points
  • Healing: 10, Free Action, Limited [After Exposure To Electricity], Limited [Self Only] • 20 points
  • Immunity: 10, Electricity Effects • 10 points

This beautiful, and delicate looking, silver chain was enchanted for Lady Elizabeth Tennant, a talented sorceress and one of Queen Victoria's most trusted agents. It was crafted by her father, Sebastion Tennant, and intended to be worn braided into her hair. The enchantments on the chain work to keep Lady Elizabeth looking her best, protection her from hair and clothing from being soiled or mussed. The greater enchantments serve to protect her from lightning, storing the energy to fuel powerful healing magics.

• Seven League Boots: Removable [-5] • 20 points total
  • Teleport: 4, Accurate, Change Direction, Change Velocity, Easy, Extended, Increased Mass 2 [200 lbs total], Turnabout, 500'/ 16 miles distance• 25 points

Ok, so it is more like five leagues, but seven is traditional, so we are just going to fudge it a bit. Besides, these are some stylish leather boots.

Heward's Handy Haversack: Removable [-1] • 5 points total
  • Enhanced Advantages: 1, Quick Draw • 1 points
  • Enhanced Strength: 4, Limited [Carrying Capacity in Bag] • 4 points
  • Features: 1, Concealed Carrying Capacity • 1 points

A D&D classic. Gotta love it.

ursinethemadbear
Zealot
Zealot

Re: Ursine's custom creations: Sylvia Angel, More Toys

Postby Gazman » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:39 pm

Glad to see you posting again, Madbear. As always, I love the toys. Keep up the good work!
Gazman
Hero
Hero

Re: Ursine's custom creations: Wild Thing

Postby ursinethemadbear » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:03 pm

James Simon, Wild Thing
Power Level 8/ 120 points
Abilities 68 + Advantages + Skills + Powers 17 + Defenses 8 = 120 points

Concept: Adrenaline-Junkie Superhero
Description: James is an extremely fit man, with a narrow face and sharp features.
Age: 28 Sex: Male Height: 5'10" Weight: 164 lbs Hair: Brown Eyes: Brown
Costume: Wild Thing wears dark grey fatigue pants and running boots, with a variety of shirts and graphic tees. He also wears fingerless gloves and a domino mask, with a bandana over his hair.

Abilities: 68 points
Strength: 6, Stamina: 8, Agility: 8, Dexterity: 4
Fighting: 8, Intellect: 0, Awareness: 0, Presence: 0

Advantages: 13 points
Agile Feint, All-Out Attack, Defensive Attack, Evasion 2, Fearless, Improved Grab, Improved Trip, Move-By Action, Power Attack, Skill Mastery [Acrobatics, Athletics] 2, Uncanny Dodge

Skills: 14 points
Acrobatics 8/+16, Athletics 8/+14, Close Combat [Unarmed] 2/+10, Perception 2/+2, Persuasion 4/+4, Ranged Attack [Thrown Weapons] 2/+6, Technology 2/+2

Powers: 17 points
• Superhuman Athleticism:17 points total
  • Leaping: 3, 60' distance • 3 points
  • Movement: 6, Safe Fall [Limited- Near A Surface], Sure-Footed 2, Swinging, Wall-Crawling 2 • 11 points
  • Speed: 3, 16 mph/ 250' per round • 3 points

Defenses: 8 points
Dodge: 0/+8, Parry: 0/+8, Fortitude: 0/+8, Toughness: --/+8, Will: 8/+8

Offense:
Initiative: +8
Unarmed: 6 [DC 21], +10 attack

Complications:
Motivation- Thrillseeking
Adrenalin Junkie

James Simon is one of the world's most extreme athletes. He pushed himself farther and farther, looking for some sport or stunt that would let him reach his limits. Unfortunately for James, his limits are superhuman, and he needs a superhuman challenge to feel like he is really alive. Battling supervillians and criminals can usually let him feel the rush of adrenalin that he craves.

Note: The picture is of David Belle, the man credited as the creater of parkour.

ursinethemadbear
Zealot
Zealot

Re: Ursine's custom creations: Kodiak

Postby ursinethemadbear » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:05 pm

Cecil Woods, Kodiak
Abilities 64 + Advantages 8 + Skills 6 + Powers 59 + Defenses 13 = 150 points

Concept: Nigh-Invulnerable Powerhouse
Description: Cecil is a huge man, with a massively powerful build and strong features.
Age: 31 Sex: Male Height: 7'1" Weight: 370 lbs Hair: Bald Eyes: Brown
Costume: Kodiak wears black fatigue pants and a black t-shirt, with combat boots and a gloves.

Abilities: 64 points
Strength: 15, Stamina: 12, Agility: 0, Dexterity: 0
Fighting: 5, Intellect: 0, Awareness: 0, Presence: 0

Advantages: 8 points
Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Ultimate Effort [Toughness]

Skills: 6 points
Intimidation 7/+7, Ranged Combat [Thrown Weapons] 4/+4, Technology 1/+1

Powers: 59 points
• Nigh-Invulnerable:35 points total
  • Immunity: 48, Cold, Critical Hits, Heat, Pressure, Radiation, Suffocation [All] • 8 points
  • Protection: 3, Impervious 14 • 17 points
  • Regeneration: 10, 1 per round • 10 points

• Incredibly Strong:24 points total
  • Enhanced Strength: 10, Limited to Lifting [25 total, 800 ktons] • 10 points
  • Leaping: 12, 4 miles distance • 12 points
  • Movement: 1, Safe Fall • 2 points

Defenses: 13 points
Dodge: 5/+5, Parry: 0/+5, Fortitude: 0/+12, Toughness: --/+15, Will: 8/+8

Offense:
Unarmed: 15 [DC 30], +5 attack

Complications:
Motivation- Doing Good
Disability- Dulled Sense of Touch
Overconfident

Cecil Woods is a big man, whose sheer strength has always outmatched even his massive frame. He passed the limit of human capability in his early teens, and is now considered a world-class powerhouse.

ursinethemadbear
Zealot
Zealot

Re: Ursine's custom creations: Midnight

Postby ursinethemadbear » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:46 am

Melinda Mason, Midnight
Abilities 66 + Advantages 18 + Skills 28 + Powers 14 + Defenses 23 = 150 points

Concept: Time-Displaced Crimefighter
Description: Melinda is a beautiful woman with intense features and a fit, curvy physique.
Age: 32 Sex: Female Height: 5'7" Weight: 133 lbs Hair: Black Eyes: Black
Costume: Midnight wears a dark grey skintight bodysuit that extends up her neck and covers her hands, as well as boots.

Abilities: 66 points
Strength: 2, Stamina: 4, Agility: 5, Dexterity: 5
Fighting: 8, Intellect: 6, Awareness: 2, Presence: 1

Advantages: 19 points
All-Out Attack, Assessment, Daze [Intimidation], Defensive Roll 3, Hide In Plain Sight, Improved Initiative, Inventor, Jack-Of-All-Trades, Power Attack, Skill Mastery [Acrobatics, Athletics, Intimidation, Stealth, Technology] 5, Startle, Throwing Mastery, Well-Informed

Skills: 28 points
Acrobatics 6/+11, Athletics 8/+11, Close Combat [Unarmed] 8/+16, Intimidation 14/+15, Ranged Combat [Thrown Weapons] 8/+13, Stealth 6/+11, Technology 6/+12

Powers: 14 points
• Combat Enhancement BioMod:14 points total
  • Enhanced Abilities: 2, Strength +2 [4 total, 800 lbs] • 4 points
  • Leaping: 2, 30' distance • 2 points
  • Movement: 3, Safe Fall, Wall-Crawling 2 • 6 points
  • Protection: 2 • 2 points

Defenses: 23 points
Dodge: 6/+11, Parry: 3/+11, Fortitude: 4/+8, Toughness: --/+9, Will: 10/+12

Offense:
Initiative: +9
Unarmed: 4 [DC 19], +16 attack
Thrown Weapons: 5 [DC 20], +13 attack

Complications:
Motivation- Justice
Out Of Her Own Time
Disability- PTSD-Induced Flashbacks
Reputation- Excessive Force

Melinda Mason was born in 2062, the daughter of a career soldier and a nurse. She was always intelligent and athletic, and became a computer programmer for a major corporation while only nineteen.

When Melinda was twenty-one, her parents were murdered, and this tragedy drove her into becoming Midnight. Seeking out training in martial arts, acrobatics, stealth and tactics, Melinda also scraped up enough money for a black market bio-mod enhancement, increasing her strength and durability, as well as allowing her to cling to any surface using small implants in her hands and feet.

Midnight quickly gained a reputation for being brutal to criminals, often leaving them hospitalized or crippled. Despite this, she was well-liked by a public that was tired of being oppressed by a criminal class of thugs and mobsters, and Midnight became well-respected in the hero community as well. Then everything went bad.

It started small, with a previously unknown candidate being elected as mayor. This seemed to start a trend, as more and more influential offices were held by what seemed to be decent honest individuals, whose only oddity was that they came from outside the typical political breeding grounds. Many pundits saw this as a good thing, a sign that partisan politics were ending, and real change was coming.

In 2085, a law was passed, allowing insurance companies to avoid paying for repair costs and medical bills caused by the actions of superheroes. Then laws were passed strengthening the restrictions on how legal evidence could be gathered, causing most criminals captured by masked crimefighters to be acquited on technicalities, turning the police and much of the public against the cape community. All across the country, new laws were put into place to make superheroes as ineffective as posible, and to alienate them from the public.

Desparate to turn this tide, the capes began investigating the politicians that were passing these laws, eventually discovering that they were actually longterm deep-cover agents for the mafia and other criminal organizations, seeking to destroy the superheroes. Of course by then, the public did not believe their claims.

Finally in 2088, an order was passed down for all superheroes, crimefighters and vigilantes to be taken into custody, to answer for their "crimes". Many heroes naively surrendered, thinking they could prove their points in court. They wer never heard from again. The rest went underground, trying to find evidence of the conspiracy, and being constantly hunted. Midnight herself spent nearly five years dodging capture teams and hit squads. Then on December 3rd. 2093, while hiding with a powerful mystic called Geomantic, she was found.

Government tactical squads and military power armor units surrounded their safehouse, cutting off any chance of escape. As a last desparate attempt to save someone, Geomantic volunteered to open a pathway across the strands of time, sending Midnight to the past, before everything went to hell. Though his ties to Earth's magical field would not allow him to follow, at least she would be safe from the people they had spent their lives trying to protect.

Melinda arrived in the modern day, in the center of a city park. In the weeks to come, she established a new identity and tried to live a normal life. She discovered however, that the drive that turned her into Midnight still existed. She could not help going out at night, stopping robberies and muggings. Soon Midnight was patrolling the streets again, bringing justice to those that truly deserve it.
ursinethemadbear
Zealot
Zealot

Re: Ursine's custom creations: Fallen

Postby ursinethemadbear » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:18 pm

Franklin Maple Jr., Fallen
Abilities 68 + Advantages 2 + Skills 2 + Powers 66 + Defenses 12 = 150 points

Concept: Escapee From Hell
Description: Franklin is a good-looking man, with sensitive eyes that seem to see through people.
Age: 28 Sex: Male Height: 5'9" Weight: 168 lbs Hair: Brown Eyes: Brown
Costume: Fallen does not wear a costume, since his infernal aura prevents him from being recognized as Franklin while using his powers.

Abilities: 68 points
Strength: 2, Stamina: 10, Agility: 2, Dexterity: 2
Fighting: 6, Intellect: 2, Awareness: 10, Presence: 0

Advantages: 2 points
Attractive, Second Chance [Resist Pain]

Skills: 2 points
Intimidation 4/+4

Powers: 66 points
• Infernal Aura:46 points total
  • Features: 1, Hidden Identity • 1 points
  • Flight: 6, Winged, 120 mph/ 1800' per round • 6 points
  • Hellfire Mastery [Damage]: 12, Ranged, Accurate [+8 total] 3, Secondary Effect • 39 points

• Changed By Hell:20 points total
  • Immunity: 19, Aging, Cold, Disease, Heat, Poison, Starvation and Thirst, Need For Sleep, Suffocation, Fire Effects • 19 points
  • Regeneration: 1, Persistent, 1 per round • 2 points

Defenses: 12 points
Dodge: 8/+10, Parry: 4/+10, Fortitude: 0/+10, Toughness: --/+10, Will: 0/+10

Offense:
Unarmed: 2 [DC 17], +6 attack
Hellfire Mastery: 12 [DC 27], +8 attack

Complications:
Motivation- Justice
Flashbacks To Hell
Innocent Escapee From Hell
Memories of Previous Life Are Unclear

Franklin Maple Jr is not a bad guy, He never really hurt anyone. He remembers that he was a decent guy, though many of his memories of his life before being sent to hell are fuzzy. That is understandable, after all, from his point of view he spent thousands of years down there, though only a few months seem to have passed in the normal world before his escape (and does he ever wish he could remember how he pulled that off).
Still, Franklin knows he did not deserve what he got. That is because one of his clearest memories is the ritual that sent him to hell, and the hooded figure that revealed what was happening, how he was an innocent sacrifice, being used to pay the debts owned by the occultists that had captured him. Franklin is going to find the people that sent him to hell, and he is going to mkae them pay.

Note: I did not build an Array from Hellfire Mastery because I was running out of points, but it is perfect for power stunting anything you could imagine as an effect of having a bit of hell inside you.

ursinethemadbear
Zealot
Zealot

Re: Ursine's custom creations: Rave

Postby ursinethemadbear » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:59 am

Alexander Anderson, Rave
Abilities 38 + Advantages 4 + Skills 14 + Powers 66 + Defenses 28 = 150 points

Concept: Light-Powered Superhero
Description: Alexander is a tall skinny twenty-something with wild hair and sharp features.
Age: 23 Sex: Male Height: 6'3" Weight: 154 lbs Hair: Blond Eyes: Blue
Costume: As Rave, Alexander adds a futuristic looking mask over his mouth and nose to his usual party gear.

Abilities: 38 points
Strength: 1, Stamina: 4, Agility: 2, Dexterity: 2
Fighting: 4, Intellect: 0, Awareness: 2, Presence: 4

Advantages: 4 points
Attractive, Benefit [Well-Off], Fascinate [Expertise: DJ], Skill Mastery [Expertise: DJ]

Expertise [DJ] 20/+20, Persuasion 4/+8, Technology 4/+4

Powers: 66 points
• Hard Light Constructs:50 points total
  • Create: 10, Accurate [+10 total] 4, Impervious, Movable, Stationary, 1000 cubic feet • 44 points
  • Flight: 6, Platform, 120 mph/ 1800' per round • 6 points

• Glow:16 points total
  • Environment: 1, 30' radius, Bright Light • 2 points
  • Features: 4, Flashlight, Personal Spotlight, Lightshow, Minor Holographic Images • 4 points
  • Immunity: 5, Dazzle efffects • 5 points
  • Protection: 6, Noticeable • 5 points

Defenses: 28 points
Dodge: 8/+10, Parry: 6/+10, Fortitude: 6/+10, Toughness: --/+4 - +10, Will: 8/+10

Offense:
Unarmed: 1 [DC 16], +4 attack
Hard Light Constructs: 10 [DC 20 - 25], +10 attack

Complications:
Motivation- Doing Good
Hyperactive
Recovering Drug Addict
Famous- Alexander is well known as DJ Flashpoint

Alexander Anderson was already one of the best club DJs on the East Coast when a drug overdose put him into a coma. He woke up three weeks later to be told that he had been glowing as he lay there. Alexander was examined by a local research lab, and they helped him develop control over his new abilities, learning how to create solid light constructs and surround himself with a protective shield of light, as well as create incredible lightshows for his performances.
Alexander decided that this was his second chance to get his life right. Though he did not leave the club scene, he is no longer using drugs, and he spends his off-time putting his new powers to use helping out the local superheores.

ursinethemadbear
Zealot
Zealot

Re: Ursine's custom creations: Midnight, Fallen, Rave

Postby Mister B » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:23 pm

I really like these builds. They are streamlined and very tight on power concept, considering the urge to make them more powerful is very tempting. Your character format is also very well done.
Mister B
Bystander
Bystander

Re: Ursine's custom creations: Midnight, Fallen, Rave

Postby ursinethemadbear » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:31 pm

Thanks, Mister B, especially about my character format, I worked hard to find a format that was easy for me to use but was also easily readable.
And I often do have the urge to make characters more powerful, but I try to remember that proper use of power stunts can let a fairly streamlined build still compete with a more bloated one.

ursinethemadbear
Zealot
Zealot

Re: Ursine's custom creations: Toys

Postby ursinethemadbear » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:15 pm

Here is the rest of my Christmas wish list.

• Sepet Ring: Indestructible [+1], Removable [-9] • 37 points total
  • Sustain The Lifeblood
    [Immuity]: 1, Aging • 1 points
    [Regeneration]: 2, Persistent, 1 per 5 rounds • 4 points
  • Drain The Lifeblood
    [Affliction]: 8, Cumulative, Extra Condition, Resisted by Fortitude, 1st degree- Fatigued and Impaired, 2nd degree- Disabled and Exhausted, 3rd degree- Incapacitated • 24 points
    [Linked Damage]: 8, Alternate Resistance [Fortitude] • 16 points

This silver ring is topped with the image of a raven, and is of fine quality. The fell magics of this ring leach small amounts of life force from all those around the wielder, healing his injuries and extending his life. When commanded, it can drain a greater amount of life energy from a person it is touched to, though this extra energy is wasted, not benefiting the ring's wearer at all.

• The Folly Of Hermes: Indestructible [+1], Easily Removable [-16] • 25 points total
  • Damage: 6, Accurate 2, Affects Insubstantial 2, Improved Critical 4 [16-20], Multiattack 8, Penetrating 8 • 30 points
  • Enhanced Advantages: 4, Evasion, Improved Initiative [+8 total] 2, Move-By Action, Uncanny Dodge • 4 points

The Folly Of Hermes is a beautifully crafted xiphos, or greek short sword. It was crafted by Hephaestus, and blessed with the power of Hermes himself. The only problem is the material it was crafted from. Hermes, being the god of thieves, had the brilliant idea of stealing one of Zeus's lightning bolts and having it forged into a sword. The sword itself is exceptionally well-made and magically powerful, but Zeus was not pleased with the theft. Hermes was harshly punished for his crime, and the sword was thrown out onto the mortal world, to serve whoever found it.

• Tractor Gauntlet: Removable [-1] • 6 points total
  • Move Object: 6, Limited Direction [Attraction and Repulsion], 3200 lbs • 6 points
  • AE Leaping: 4, 120' distance
    Movement: 1, Swinging • 1 point

This high-tech gauntlet uses a multiphasic plasma generator to power an advanced tractor system, which can be used to pull a target towards or away from the wearer or to propel the wearer into the air and act as a swingline.

• Thunder Amulet: Removable [-8] • 32 points total
  • Damage: 6, Reaction [Touched] • 24 points
  • Immunity: 12, Critical Hits [Unreliable], Electricity Effects • 11 points
  • Protection: 6, Noticeable [Electric Corona] • 5 points

This copper amulet is marked with the hammer of Thor, god of thinder. When activated, it generates a shield of electrical energy around the wearer, both protecting the wearer and shocking anyone or anything that makes contact.

ursinethemadbear
Zealot
Zealot

Re: Ursine's custom creations: Brandon Anderson

Postby ursinethemadbear » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:42 pm

This character was built as an entry into metool2's sentai style game.

Brandon Anderson
Abilities 44 + Advantages 18 + Skills 14 + Powers 74 + Defenses 0 = 150 points

Concept: Police Chief's Son Turned Empowered Hero
Description: Brandon is a good-looking, physically fit teen with a serious demeanor.
Age: 18 Sex: Male Height: 6'1" Weight: 187 lbs Hair: Blonde Eyes: Blue
Costume: When drawing on the Paragem, Brandon wears what looks like black police tatical gear, with an enclosed helmet and a silver nightstick.

Abilities: 44 points
Strength: 2 - [8], Stamina: 4 - [10], Agility: 4, Dexterity: 4
Fighting: 4 - [10], Intellect: 4, Awareness: 6 - [10], Presence: 4

Advantages: 18 points
Assessment, Attractive, Benefit [Ambidexterity, Well-Off] 2, Connected, Extraordinary Effort, Fearless, Inspire 5, Interpose, Languages, Leadership, Skill Mastery [Athletics, Persuasion] 2, Well-Informed

Acrobatics 2/+6, Athletics 8/+10 - [+16], Close Combat [Unarmed] 2/+6 - [+12], Expertise [History] 2/+6, Expertise [Law Enforcement] 2/+6, Expertise [Musician] 2/+6, Investigation 2/+6, Medicine 1/+5, Persuasion 6/+10, Technology 1/+5

Powers: 74 points
• Paragem Resonator: Removable [-16] • 64 points total
    Enhanced Abilities: 22, Strength +6 [8 total, 6 tons], Stamina +6 [10 total], Fighting +6 [10 total], Awareness +4 [10 total] • 44 points
  • Enhanced Advantages: 17, All-Out Attack, Defensive Attack, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Improved Smash, Improved Trip, Luck 5, Move-By Attack, Power Attack, Takedown, Ultimate Effort [Will], Uncanny Dodge • 17 points
  • Movement: 2, Safe Fall, Wall-Crawling • 4 points
  • Senses: 9, Vision [Darkvision, Extended], Auditory [Extended, Danger Sense], Olfactory [Acute, Analytical, Tracking] • 9 points

• Harsh Justice (Silver Nightstick): Indestructible [+1], Easily Removable [-6] • 10 points total
  • Damage: 2, Improved Defense, Strength-based • 3 points
  • Knockout Blow [Linked Affliction]: 10, Resisted By Fortitude, 1st degree- Impaired, 2nd degree- Disabled, 3rd degree- Incapacitated • 10 points
  • AE Smashing Blow [Linked Weaken]: 10, Affects Objects Only, Weakens Toughness • 1 point
  • AE Rapid Assault [Features]: 10, Multiattack 10 [on Damage] • 1 point

Languages: 1 additional
English [Native], Spanish

Defenses: 0 points
Dodge: 0/+4 - [+10], Parry: 0/+4 - [+10], Fortitude: 0/+4 - [+10], Toughness: --/+4 - [+10], Will: 0/+6 - [+10]

Offense:
Initiative: +4 - [+8]
Unarmed: 2 - [8] [DC 17 - {23}], +6 - [+12] attack
Harsh Justice: 10 [DC 25], +10 attack
Knoickout Blow: 10 [DC 20], +10 attack
Smashing Blow: 10 [DC 20], +10 attack

Complications:
Motivation- Doing Good
Identity- Noone is aware that Brandon is a Paragenger.
Family- Brandon's father is Joseph Anderson, Freedom Mountain's chief of police. His mother, Janet, is an ER specialist at Freedom Hospital. His little brother David is twelve years old, and a prodigy with a number of musical instruments, already working towards an audition with the Freedom Mountain Conservatory.

NOTE: Numbers in brackets are in his Paragenger form.

Brandon Anderson has always been one of the best. Being near the top of his class, popular with his classmates, and an amazing athlete, added to his influential parents, his trust fund from his grandparents, and his little brother's growing reputation as a musician, Brandon was naturally considered part of the school's elite. Despite his lofty social position, noone has ever been able to claim that Brandon was anything but a genuinely nice guy.

Of course, Brandon also has high standards to meet, and the stress is considerable. He always decompressed with his music, though he is certainly not a match for his brother, and with his historical recreations, as well as working out with some of his dad's best cops, which has given him a lot of friends in the police department.

Becoming a Paragenger actually relieved some of the pressure he felt. Sure, all of Freedom Mountain is counting on him to protect it now, but at least he knows what he is supposed to be doing. He has a set of goals, and the obstacles tend to be fairly obvious as well. Brandon finds a lot of comfort in that.

ursinethemadbear
Zealot
Zealot

Re: Ursine's custom creations: Tom Gibbler

Postby ursinethemadbear » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:03 am

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

You gotta love a holiday celebrated with a massive meal and an afternoon nap. So, in honor of the sacrifices made so we can enjoy this wonderful holiday, I present Tom Gibbler.

Tom Gibbler
Power Level 2/ 30. points
Abilities 18 + Advantages 6 + Skills 5 + Powers 1 + Defenses 0 = 30 points

Concept: Turkey Whisperer
Description: Tom is a thin man with a narrow face and a neat mustache.
Age: 35 Sex: Male Height: 5'10" Weight: 158 lbs Hair: Brown Eyes: Brown
Costume: Tom wears jeans, a button-down shirt, boots and a camo hat.

Abilities: 18 points
Strength: 1, Stamina: 2, Agility: 2, Dexterity: 0
Fighting: 2, Intellect: 0, Awareness: 2, Presence: 0

Advantages: 6 points
Equipment 2, Improved Aim, Improved Initiative, Jack-Of-All-Trades, Languages

Skills: 5 points
Expertise [Turkey Ranching] 10/+10

Powers: 1 points
• Turkey Whisperer:1 points total
  • Comprehend: 2, Understand and Speak To Turkeys [Limited Group, -2 per rank] • 1 point

Equipment: 10 equipment points
• Hunting Rifle [Damage]: 4, Ranged • 8 equipment points
• Hunting Knife [Damage]: 1, Improved Critical [19-20], Strength-based • 2 equipment points

Languages : 1 additional
English [Native], Spanish

Defenses: 0 points
Dodge: 0/+2, Parry: 0/+2, Fortitude: 0/+2, Toughness: --/+2, Will: 0/+2

Offense:
Unarmed: 1 [DC 16], +2 attack
Hunting Rifle: 4 [DC 19], +0 attack
Hunting Knife: 2 [DC 17], +2 attack

Complications:
Motivation- Responsibility
Quirk- Will Not Eat Turkey

Tom Gibbler, the world's greatest turkey rancher.
Last edited by ursinethemadbear on Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ursinethemadbear
Zealot
Zealot

PreviousNext

Return to Roll Call