Kreuz Control - DOOM!, Hydra, Azazel, Angel, Juggernaut

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Kreuzritter » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:37 pm

eventually, but it's on hold indefinately. like mr. Ryan above, my reach exceeded my grasp, and i realize i'm not cut out for epics yet

as for a sin rundown (just so that if i never do finish, people can see what might have been)

Pride - Eclipso. although an argument could be made for Envy from both aspects of hir personnae

Glutony - sauron

Sloth - Long Feng. this was a real pain to decide on, until i realized sloth stands for corruption and stagnation as much as inaction

Wrath - living nightmare

Greed - actrise (castlevania 64). trust me, it fits

i was still stumped for representatives for lust and envy (or pride, if i used eclipso for envy). they'd be pl10 builds, and mechanicly different from the rest to provide some fresh fights
Kreuz Control Promotions: over 2800 builds served, and counting...
Crinoverse: Contributions

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Libra » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:16 pm

I'd shift Sauron to Pride.

Guess why? 8)
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Rule Brittania! Praise the Hoff and the Grin!

Warning!: May cause Thread Drift.

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Kreuzritter » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:20 pm

Libra wrote:I'd shift Sauron to Pride.

Guess why? 8)
no, sauron is gluttony. if you actually paid attention to what people put out instead of spamming empty praise, you'l remember that i built an all-devouring dinosaur god named sauron a few pages back

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Kreuzritter » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:38 pm

"Mister Bubbles, Mister Bubbles
Are you there, Are you there?
Come and give me lollies,
come and bring me toffees.
Teddy bears, teddy bears...

Little Sister

PL: 8 (86)

abilities: (2)
STR 6 DEX 10 CON 12 INT 10 WIS 10 CHA 10

Combat: (0)
+0 init, +1 ATK, +1 DEF (+1 size, +1 flat-footed)
-2 DMG (unarmed)

saves: (2)
TOU +1 FORT +1 REF +0 WILL +2

Skills (4/16)
climb +2
medicine +2
notice +4
search +2
sense motive +2
survival +2
swim +2

feats (27)
inspire 2, sidekick: Big Daddy 25

Powers (51)
immunity +2 (disease, poison) (2)
regeneration +35 (rec bonus +9, total regen, feats: persistant, regrowth) (44)
shrinking +4 (feat: innate, extra: continuous +1, flaw: permanent -1) (5)

costs
abilities 2 + combat 0 + saves 2 + skills 4/16 + feats 21 + powers 51 = 86 pts

:arrow: the other iconic bioshock critter, little sisters are theoreticly harmless, but where even one of them shows up, they're almost always in the company of a Big Daddy

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Libra » Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:20 am

no, sauron is gluttony. if you actually paid attention to what people put out instead of spamming empty praise, you'l remember that i built an all-devouring dinosaur god named sauron a few pages back
I apologise Kreuz. I saw the name and assumed that you were referring to the Lidless Eye himself. :oops:
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Rule Brittania! Praise the Hoff and the Grin!

Warning!: May cause Thread Drift.

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Kreuzritter » Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:31 pm

"They told me, 'Son, you're special. You were born to do great things'. You know what? They were right."

Jack

PL: 7 (105)

abilities: (22)
STR 14 DEX 16 CON 14 INT 14 WIS 14 CHA 10

Combat: (22)
+7 init, +9/7 ATK, +7 DEF (+3 dodge, +4 flat-footed)
+2/4/5/5/5 +2 DMG (unarmed/pistol/electro volt/wrench/incinerate + sneak attack)

saves: (9)
TOU +7/5 FORT +5 REF +6 WILL +5

Skills (13/52)
climb +4
concentration +4
craft: mechanical +4
disable device +4
investigate +6
medicine +4
notice +8
search +6
sense motive +4
stealth +4
swim +4

feats (19)
attack spec: electro-volt, beginner's luck, defensive attack, defensive roll 2, diehard, dodge 3, equipment 3, improved initiative, jack of all trades, luck, master plan, move-by action, power attack, sneak attack

Powers (20)
protection "armor tonic" +3 (3)
Stun "electro-volt" +5 (extra: range +1) (17)
- AP: telekinesis +5 (extra: perception +1) [15]
- AP: Ignite "Incenerate" +5 [15]

equipment
heavy Wrench +3 (feat: mighty) [4]
heavy pistol +4 (feat: improved critical) [9]
camera [1]
short-wave radio [1]

complications
addiction (Plasmids, cigarettes)
Enemy (Andrew Ryan, Sander Cohen, Frank Fontaine)
responsibility (Dr. Tenenbaum, Atlas)
responsibility/secret ("Would you kindly...")

costs
abilities 22 + combat 22 + saves 9 + skills 13/52 + feats 19 + powers 20 = 105 pts

:arrow: as the main character of Bioshock, Jack's depicted as he might look more towards the start of the game, and in the spirit of Bioshock, has no chance of fighting off hordes of splicers or going toe-to-toe with a Big Daddy. to survive, jack's got to use his wits, the environment, and what information Atlas and Tenenbaum let slip. As for fightin proper, Would you kindly make use of the "one-two punch", that is, using electro volt to stun, then sneak attack with the wrench or incenerate while the bad guy's still flat-footed.

:arrow: although it doesn't appear to affect jack specificly in-game, bioshock makes it quite clear that Plasmids are highly addictive. Jack doesn't have a real problem yet, being relatively new to the stuff, but he's had enough of the stuff thus far that he's developed a taste for it. fortunately, being surrounded by an army of deranged addicts is keeping jack on the Wagon so far. if you're still curious, Would You Kindly be watchin for my writeups on the Plasmids and tonics, as their mechanics and variation derserve a writeup unto themselves
Last edited by Kreuzritter on Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Kreuzritter » Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:59 pm

Security 'Bot

PL: 4 (60)

abilities: (-24)
STR 2 DEX 16 CON n/a INT n/a WIS 10 CHA n/a

Combat: (0)
+7 init, +4/2 ATK, +4 DEF (+2 dodge, +2 size, +2 flat-footed)
-4/+4 DMG (unarmed/machine gun)

saves: (1)
TOU +4 FORT n/a REF +4 WILL +0

Skills (3/12)
notice +6
search +6

feats (7)
dodge 2, elusive target, evasion, improved initiative, move-by action, precise shot

Powers (77)
Blast "machine gun" +4 (feats: accurate, extra: autofire +1) (13)
flight +2 (feat: moving feint) (5)
feature +1 (searchlight) (1)
immunity +30 (fort, mental effects, interatction skills) (45)
protection +4 (4)
shrinking +8 (feat: innate, extra: continuous +1, flaw: permanent -1) (9)

drawback (-4)
no hands (-4)

costs
abilities -24 + combat 0 + saves 1 + skills 3/12 + feats 7 + powers 77 - drawback 4 = 60 pts

:arrow: a regular bioshock foe, the Security 'bots are what laughably count as Rapture's state of Martial Law, as they zip around blasting anybody who isn't authorized. at the tim the game begins, that's boiled down to everybody expect big daddies, little sisters, and Andrew Ryan. and that of course, excludes the probability of somebody hacking a level's worth of bots to act as their own security force

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: 1475

Post by Kreuzritter » Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:11 pm

Kreuzritter wrote:Image

"My Daddy is smarter than Eistein! And stronger than Hercules! And he lights flame with a snap of his fingers! Are you as good as my Daddy?"

Big Daddy (Bouncer)

PL: 8 (120)

abilities: (36)
STR 24 DEX 20 CON 24 INT 6 WIS 14 CHA 8

Combat: (16)
+9 init, +6/4 ATK, +4 DEF (+2 flat-footed)
+7/10 DMG (unarmed/drill)

saves: (6)
TOU +12 FORT +10 REF +5 WILL +5

Skills (11/44)
climb+6
intimidate +12
notice +8
search +8
sense motive +4
swim +6

feats (18)
all-out attack, atk spec: drill, chokehold, diehard, power attack, fast overrun, fearless, fearsome prescence 5, improved initiative, improved grab, improved grappe, improved overrun, improved pin, interpose, takedown attack 2, seize initiative, uncanny dodge

Powers (43)
strike: heavy drill +3 (feats: mighty, improved crit 2, extend reach, extra: penetrating +1) (10)
immunity +9 (life support) (9)
protection +5 (extra: impervious +1) (10)
supersenses +2 (darkvision) (2)
superstrength +3 (6)

drawbacks (-8)
mute (-4)
one hand (-4)

costs
abilities 36 + combat 16 + saves 6 + skills 11/44 + feats 18 + powers 43 - drawbacks 8 = 120 pts

:arrow: From the sunken Halls of Rapture, the Big Daddy is the iconc Bioshock monster, and ironicly topping the VERY short list of things not out to kill you. in fact, lef alone, they'll actualy ignore you and trudge along. that said, if you, or anybody else tries to harm a Little Sister, and by try I mean "looks at them funny", the Big Daddy will come down and lay into you like the fist of an angry god, until either you crawl to safety, it thinks you're not a threat, or most likely, you're splattered all over the room.

:arrow: I built to PL8 due to the fact that bioshock is for all intents a golden age era scenario, but upon my research i discovered that there's apparently an Elite series of Big Daddies later in the game. in that case, those are PL10, and should basicly be bigger and meaner versions of mr. Bubbles here

:arrow: UPDATE- having now studied Bioshock more, I've gone back and restatted Mr. Bubbles as a 'Bouncer' type Big Daddy.
did some repair work on the first type of Big Daddy. you can expect me to put up a Rosie in the near future

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Kreuzritter » Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:05 pm

"I am Andrew Ryan, and I'm here to ask you a question. Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? 'No!' says the man in Washington, 'It belongs to the poor.' 'No!' says the man in the Vatican, 'It belongs to God.' 'No!' says the man in Moscow, 'It belongs to everyone.' I rejected those answers; instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose...Rapture, a city where the artist would not fear the censor, where the scientist would not be bound by petty morality, where the great would not be constrained by the small! And with the sweat of your brow, Rapture can become your city, as well."

Andrew Ryan

PL: 5 (127)

abilities: (24)
STR 10 DEX 10 CON 14 INT 20 WIS 18 CHA 12

Combat: (8)
+0 init, +2 ATK, +2 DEF (+1 flat-footed)
+0/2 DMG (unarmed/golf club)

saves: (7)
TOU +2 FORT +4 REF +2 WILL +7

Skills (29/116)
bluff +8
concentration +6
diplomacy +8
gather info +8
intimidate +6
investigate +4
knowledge: art +6
knowledge: civics +8
knowledge: current events +8
knowledge: business +8
knowledge: life sciences +4
knowledge: physical sciences +4
knowledge: popular culture +6
knowledge: streetwise +4
knowledge: theology/philosophy +8
notice +6
sense motive +10
swim +4

feats (57)
benefit 3 (wealth, status, security clearance), contacts, connected, diehard, eidetic memory, equipment 20, fascinate 2 (bluff, diplomacy), inspire 3, leadership, master plan, minions 20, skill mastery (bluff, diplomacy, intimidate, gather info), taunt, well-informed

Powers (2)
comprehend +2 (speak/read languages0 (2)

Equipment
Headquarters: City of Rapture [33]
size: awesome, tou: 20, features: animal pens, combat simulator, communications, concealed, defense system, dock, fire prevention system, garage, gladiator arena, gym, interrogation chamber, holding cells, infirmary, isolated, laboratory, library, living space, parade grounds, pool, power system, security system, self-destruct, think tank, workshop
golf club +2 (feat: mighty) [3]
64 points as needed

minions
as needed

costs
abilities 24 + combat 8 + saves 7 + skills 29/116 + feats 57 + powers 2 = 127 pts

:arrow: although his actual screen time is just under 4 minutes, Mr. Ryan's presence is felt throughout the entirety of Bioshock from the moment you enter Rapture to the closing credits. as in the game, meeting Ryan should be nothing less than an event, or possibly the turning point of your campaign. he can become a powerful patron to your heros, or a deadly enemy. choose wisely, and remember that a Man chooses, while the slave obeys.

Bravo
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Bravo » Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:44 pm

Kreuz - I was not any where near up to date on this whole Bioshock (I am assuming its a game) but your builds and brief bios have peaked my interest and then some - Killer work guy! Eagerly waiting for more!
Bravo

FELINE FURY: What's the point of having a name and a costume if you don't have an action figure?

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Kreuzritter » Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:57 pm

Bravo wrote:Kreuz - I was not any where near up to date on this whole Bioshock (I am assuming its a game) but your builds and brief bios have peaked my interest and then some - Killer work guy! Eagerly waiting for more!
yep, it's a game, for pc and xbox360

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Kreuzritter » Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:34 am

"My Daddy is smarter than Eistein! And stronger than Hercules! And he lights flame with a snap of his fingers! Are you as good as my Daddy?"

Big Daddy (Rosie)

PL: 8 (120)

abilities: (24)
STR 26 DEX 16 CON 24 INT 6 WIS 14 CHA 8

Combat: (24)
+7 init, +9/8 ATK, +6 DEF (+2 dodge, +2 flat-footed)
+8/7 DMG (unarmed/bolter)

saves: (8)
TOU +10 FORT +10 REF +5 WILL +5

Skills (11/44)
climb+6
intimidate +12
notice +8
search +8
sense motive +4
swim +6

feats (18)
all-out attack, atk focus: range, chokehold, diehard, dodge 2, power attack, fast overrun, fearless, improved initiative, improved grab, improved grapple, improved overrun, improved pin, interpose, takedown attack, seize initiative, uncanny dodge

Powers (39)
enhanced STR +10 (10)
Device: Heavy bolter +3 (9)
- Blast +7 (feat: improved crit)
immunity +9 (life support) (9)
protection +3 (extra: impervious +1) (6)
supersenses +1 (low-light vision) (1)
superstrength +2 (4)

drawbacks (-4)
mute (-4)

costs
abilities 24 + combat 24 + saves 8 + skills 11/44 + feats 18 + powers 39 - drawback 4 = 120 pts

:arrow: the Rosie is the other model of Big Daddy you'll find in bioshock, and while lacking the bouncer's raw power, is in some ways an even more dangerous opponent, due to it's more balanced caps and the inclusion of a ranged attack

Servitor_2152
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Servitor_2152 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:04 pm

Beautiful work, Kreuz! :D
Iron Kingdoms Conversions

Full-Metal Fantasy in Mutants & Masterminds 2E

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Kreuzritter » Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:41 pm

Thank you servitor, especially since i haven't even played bioshock yet, and these were built just from the FAQs and youtube video (hence the update to the bouncer)

So, as it turns out, i won't be doing a propr build for the whys and wherefores of plasmids since it all boils down to breaking out the taint and addiction rules from MaMa, and those didn't feel complete enough for my tastes.

just know that plasmids are basicly are in essence drugs that give you superpowers, but have the side effect of visibly altering your body (for Ex: having taken the electro-volt plasmid, jack's hands and stomach have a slight bioelectric glow to them). much like certain cold medications, there's also a case of diminishing returns. as one takes more plasmids to recharge their powers, they'll find that time between doses gets shorter and shorter, until the need to fill yourself with ADAM is as strong as an addiction for crack cocaine, presuming that you haven't already gone insane in the process.

but, to complete your tour of Rapture, Would you kindly watch these short films:

Life in Rapture.

How to present Big Daddies in your game.

Bravo
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Bravo » Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:09 pm

:shock: Thank you for the links :shock: Bioshock looks totally wicked :twisted:
Bravo

FELINE FURY: What's the point of having a name and a costume if you don't have an action figure?