Kreuz Control - DOOM!, Hydra, Azazel, Angel, Juggernaut

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
luketheduke86
Hero
Hero

Postby luketheduke86 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:48 pm

those are some splendid Bioshock builds! absolutely loved that game (first 360 game i bought). Would you kindly do a build of the average splicer please? (though i suspect you most likely already are..)
A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day.

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Kreuzritter » Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:20 pm

and I choose to say that this where my not having played the game comes in, since there isn't nearly as much splicer footage out there.

but for your splicers from the start, you can get away with using any of the occupation templates from the book, giving them makeshift weapons, and throwing them after your pc's.

if/when i do splicers, it'll be to construct their elites, like cohen or the doc
Kreuz Control Promotions: over 2800 builds served, and counting...
Crinoverse: Contributions

Dreaming Psion
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Dreaming Psion » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:57 pm

I have to say, Kreuz, that you're probably as good or better representative of this Bioshock game than any commercial. Seems very interesting, these builds would be fun to use in a horror or Paragons game. I wonder what the Question would say if he were exposed to the city of Rapture?

Is it me, or does Andrew Ryan sound and look somewhat like an overweight Vicent Price?
Check out the anime/manga 3e thread
My new Oddballs reborn thread

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Kreuzritter » Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:35 pm

tere's a definate resembence to price, but i hadn't really noticed it. as for weight, when you finally meet him in the game he kinda looks more like walt disney (and i gotta say, props definately go to Armin Shimmerman for the acting job there)

as for question, even harder to say, given i've come more to associate him with the conspiracy theorist than dikto's objectivist spokeshero, but I'd imagine if he were to learn about Rapture he'd probably agree the place was a disaster waiting to happen. to cite one RPG.net review: "the list of people in this game who've gotta die just keeps getting longer."

as for paragons, well, i'll have to get my hands on a copy sometime, but yeah, bioshock definately plays well to horror, wether it's fleeing in terror from an enraged Big Daddy, coming across the handiwork of madmen like Sander Cohen, or wondering how different you are from the rest of rapture's monsters

okay, so, if playing a Bioshock themed game, in addition to taint, don't be afraid to make your players roll SAN checks from time to time

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Libra » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:06 pm

Hmmm. Rapture looks like a good place for a vacation.

If you fancy a hunting trip, at least.
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Rule Brittania! Praise the Hoff and the Grin!

Warning!: May cause Thread Drift.

marcoasalazarm
Hero
Hero

Re: 1508

Postby marcoasalazarm » Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:33 pm

Kreuzritter wrote:Image

"I am Andrew Ryan, and I'm here to ask you a question. Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? 'No!' says the man in Washington, 'It belongs to the poor.' 'No!' says the man in the Vatican, 'It belongs to God.' 'No!' says the man in Moscow, 'It belongs to everyone.' I rejected those answers; instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose...Rapture, a city where the artist would not fear the censor, where the scientist would not be bound by petty morality, where the great would not be constrained by the small! And with the sweat of your brow, Rapture can become your city, as well."

Andrew Ryan

PL: 5 (127)

abilities: (24)
STR 10 DEX 10 CON 14 INT 20 WIS 18 CHA 12

Combat: (8)
+0 init, +2 ATK, +2 DEF (+1 flat-footed)
+0/2 DMG (unarmed/golf club)

saves: (7)
TOU +2 FORT +4 REF +2 WILL +7

Skills (29/116)
bluff +8
concentration +6
diplomacy +8
gather info +8
intimidate +6
investigate +4
knowledge: art +6
knowledge: civics +8
knowledge: current events +8
knowledge: business +8
knowledge: life sciences +4
knowledge: physical sciences +4
knowledge: popular culture +6
knowledge: streetwise +4
knowledge: theology/philosophy +8
notice +6
sense motive +10
swim +4

feats (57)
benefit 3 (wealth, status, security clearance), contacts, connected, diehard, eidetic memory, equipment 20, fascinate 2 (bluff, diplomacy), inspire 3, leadership, master plan, minions 20, skill mastery (bluff, diplomacy, intimidate, gather info), taunt, well-informed

Powers (2)
comprehend +2 (speak/read languages0 (2)

Equipment
Headquarters: City of Rapture [33]
size: awesome, tou: 20, features: animal pens, combat simulator, communications, concealed, defense system, dock, fire prevention system, garage, gladiator arena, gym, interrogation chamber, holding cells, infirmary, isolated, laboratory, library, living space, parade grounds, pool, power system, security system, self-destruct, think tank, workshop
golf club +2 (feat: mighty) [3]
64 points as needed

minions
as needed

costs
abilities 24 + combat 8 + saves 7 + skills 29/116 + feats 57 + powers 2 = 127 pts

:arrow: although his actual screen time is just under 4 minutes, Mr. Ryan's presence is felt throughout the entirety of Bioshock from the moment you enter Rapture to the closing credits. as in the game, meeting Ryan should be nothing less than an event, or possibly the turning point of your campaign. he can become a powerful patron to your heros, or a deadly enemy. choose wisely, and remember that a Man chooses, while the slave obeys.

Damn good write-up.
Bad guy looks at small pistol by PC. Bad guy makes pistol with fingers.
Bad guy-¿"Bang"?.
PC shakes head gravely.
PC (quiet voice)-"Boom".
PC pulls trigger.
Bad guy gets vaporized.

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Kreuzritter » Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:54 pm

"Why's he keep calling us Minions? Is that a racial thing?"

Armadillo

PL: 8 (120)

abilities: (14)
STR 30 DEX 12 CON 20 INT 10 WIS 12 CHA 10

Combat: (26)
+5 init, +6 ATK, +5 DEF (-1 size, +2 flat-footed)
+10 DMG (unarmed)

saves: (13)
TOU +11 FORT +10 REF +5 WILL +5

Skills (12/48)
bluff +4
drive +4
climb +4
intimidate +9
knowledge: streetwise +4
language: english
notice +6
profession: luchadore +6
search +6
sense motive +4

feats (12)
all-out attack, chokehold, diehard, fast overrun, improved overrun, improved grab, improved grapple, improved initiative, improved throw, power attack, startle, takedown attack

Powers (43)
growth +4 (feat: innate, extra: contnuous +1, flaw: permanent -1) (13)
Enhanced STR +8 (8)
impervious TOU +8 (8)
protection +6 (6)
burrowing +4 (4)
superstrength +2 (4)

costs
abilities 14 + combat 26 + saves 13 + skills 12/48 + feats 12 + powers 43 = 120 pts

:arrow: C-list marvel bruiser, Armadillo's one of those guys whose driven to supercrime not out of any real maliciousness, but desperation or greif (his most famous rampage came after his wife left him, for example)

Green Gremlin
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Green Gremlin » Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:06 am

Actually didn't armadillo join the initiative team the rangers now?
"None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you. You're locked up in here with me."

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Kreuzritter » Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:40 am

Green Gremlin wrote:Actually didn't armadillo join the initiative team the rangers now?

and was promptly fired after he got to drunk at a public function

Green Gremlin
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Green Gremlin » Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:56 pm

That poor guy can't catch a break.
"None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you. You're locked up in here with me."

Knightsfyre
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Knightsfyre » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:36 pm

Hey Kreuz,

Any chance you have any more Legion of Super-Heroes builds in the offing?

I posted an LSH request post on the boards a few days ago, but it's gotten very little viewing. Not surprising, considering how quickly new posts pop up here.

If you're interested, here's the original post:

http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?t=26091

I love the quality of your builds, and I'd love to see your take on more LSH characters!

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Kreuzritter » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:46 pm

Knightsfyre wrote:Hey Kreuz,

Any chance you have any more Legion of Super-Heroes builds in the offing?

no

Knightsfyre
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Knightsfyre » Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:01 pm

That's cool. Thanks anyway.

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Kreuzritter » Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:02 pm

"Such pretty playthings... all mine!"

Pixie

abilities: (24)
STR 14 DEX 20 CON 16 INT 10 WIS 14 CHA 10

Combat: (24)
+9 init, +10/6 ATK, +10 DEF (+4 dodge, +3 flat-footed)
+2/4 +2 DMG (unarmed/pixie stick + sneak attack)

saves: (9)
TOU +6/3 FORT +6 REF +8 WILL +5

Skills (16/64)
acrobatics +8
climb +8
disable device +6
escape artist +6
intimidate +6
knowledge: pop culture +4
languague: english, chinese (native: japanese)
notice +6
search +6
sense motive +4
stealth +8

feats (28)
acrobatic bluff, all-out attack, atk focus: melee 4, blind-fight, defensive attack, defensive roll 3, diehard, dodge 4, elusive target, evasion, hide in plain sight, improved initiative, improved trip, improved throw, instant up, power attack, sneak attack, startle, stunning attack, takedown attack

Powers (19)
device: Pixie Stick +2 (6)
- Blast +4 [10]
- AP: Strike +2 (feat: mighty, extend reach, improved crit) {5}
- AP: Stun +4 {8}
Shrinking +12 (feat: growth strike) (13)

costs
abilities 24 + combat 24 + saves 9 + skills 16/64 + feats 28 + powers 19 = 120 pts

:arrow: Part of Meta-4's Clique, Pixie's the token 'ninja girl' of the gang, using her shrinking powers to act as their scout, spy and inside gal. she's also the most iolent and ruthless of the bunch, but hanging around the others seems to be slowly bringing out her lighter side, however twisted it is from her former life as a yakuza assassin

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Kreuzritter » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:00 pm

"Now, would you kindly pick up a crowbar or something."

Atlas

abilities: (32)
STR 26 DEX 16 CON 20 INT 16 WIS 14 CHA 14

Combat: (24)
+7 init, +10/8/6 ATK, +8 DEF (+2 dodge, +3 flat-footed)
+8/5 DMG (unarmed/shotgun)

saves: (8)
TOU +8/5 FORT +7 REF +5 WILL +6

Skills (19/76)
bluff +8
diplomacy +6
disguise +6
gather info +8
intimidate +8
knowledge: business +6
knowledge: streetwise +8
notice +6
search +6
sense motive +8
stealth +6

feats (25)
all-out attack, atk spec: unarmed, atk focus: range 4, contacts, connected, defensive roll 3, diehard, dodge 2, equipment 3, fascinate: bluff, improved initiative, inspire, leadership, master plan, power attack, takedown attack, well-informed

Powers (12)
Enhanced STR +12 (12)

equipment
Shotgun +6 (feat: improved critical) [13]
short wave radio [1]
flashlight [1]

costs
abilities 32 + combat 24 + saves 8 + skills 19/76 + feats 25 + powers 12 = 120 pts

:arrow: Now, seein' as Atlas here's apparently the only sane man left in rapture (and definaely the only one who gives a damn about your survival), Would you kindly listen to what he tells you? Long story short, Atlas is trying to lead a revolt against Ryan's tyrannical rule of Rapture, and try to restore some sort of order by bringin down the splicers while he's at it.

:arrow: While Atlas claims to have never touched the stuff, there's evidence ingame that he's dabbled in his fair share of Plasmids, most notably a strength enhancin tonic. given his advice towards the start of the game, he's possibly packing the electrovolt plasmid, but we never find out for certain. similarly, Atlas strikes me as the sort who prefers the kick of a well-kept shotgun

:arrow: for those of you who have met atlas, would you kindly recall this is how Atlas presents himelf for the most part, athough in a show of honesty, i have drawn upon his backstory here and there

Return to “Roll Call”