Prodigy Duck's Beastiary and More (Allabar)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Prodigy Duck's Beastiary and More (4e Lamia)

Post by kenseido » Tue May 04, 2010 6:39 am

I wonder if this news is going to put an "end" to DC conversions on the board.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

Gothenem
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gothenem » Tue May 04, 2010 8:00 am

The news, mighty Prodigious Duck, is indeed great, and I will indeed join you in capering around like a schoolboy.

ZOMG!!! DC Universe RPG made by GREEN FRICKIN RONIN, and based off MUTANTS AND MASTERMINDS!!!!!!11one1!!

*Ahem*

This is indeed a joyous day to be a fan of this most well-designed role playing game.

input.jack
Comrade
Comrade

Post by input.jack » Wed May 05, 2010 3:33 am

Im likely to continue doing conversions for my DCEAU campaign, since Im assuming that the published stuff will be for the current comics continuity instead. On the other hand, I havent posted about a dozen write-ups because...um...Im lazy >_<
My fingers and my brain work at different speeds. Please forgive my typoes

My Flintlock Fantasy thread
My DC Thread
My Art Thread

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: Prodigy Duck's Beastiary and More (Torog)

Post by prodigyduck » Sat May 15, 2010 12:07 pm

TOROG (The King That Crawls) (PL 17, 648 total pp)

Ability Scores
STR 33 (+11), DEX 20 (+5), CON 28 (+9)
INT 28 (+9), WIS 30 (+10), CHA 27 (+8)

Combat
Attack +15 (+17 base, -2 size), Damage +11 (unarmed), +14 (sickle of agony), +14/19-20 (serrated longsword), +17 (torturous chainlash)
Defense 25 (+17 base, -2 size); flat-footed 16
Grapple +36, Initiative +21

Saves
TGH +17 (Impervious 17), Fort +19, Ref +15, Will +20 (Impervious 20)

Skills
Climb 8 (+11), Concentration 16 (+26), Intimidate 16 (+28), Knowledge: Arcane Lore 16 (+25), Knowledge: Earth Sciences 16 (+25), Knowledge: Theology / Philosophy 16 (+25), Notice 16 (+26), Search 16 (+25)

Feats
Benefit (God of Prisons, Torture, and the Underdark), Endurance, Improved Initiative 4, Luck 1, Prone Fighter

Powers
(25) Blast 5 (“shared torture” Extra: Alternate Save – Will; Area – Burst, Aura, Duration – Sustained, Mental; Flaw: Limited – only vs. conscious targets in area while another creature in area is dying, Range – Touch)
(69) Blast 17 (“bond of torture” Power Feat: Trigger [when Torog takes damage]; Extra: Alternate Save – Will, Duration – Sustained, Mental; Flaw Limited – when Torog is damaged, target suffers one-half the damage effect dealt to Torog [target can end the damage effect as a reaction by voluntarily becoming mind controlled by Torog])
(15) Device 5 (divine weapons; easy to remove)
(35) Fatigue 5 (“torturous exhaustion” Extra: Area – Burst, Aura, Duration – Sustained, No Save; Flaw: Limited – only vs. targets suffering ongoing damage)
(25) Growth 8 (Power Feat: Innate; Extra: Duration – Continuous; Flaw: Permanent)
(2) Immunity 2 (Aging, Disease)
(17) Impervious Toughness 17
(20) Impervious Willpower 20
(51) Mind Control 17 (Extra: Conscious, Duration – Sustained; Flaw: Limited – only to control target affected by “bond of torture”)
(6) Morph 4 (“discorporation” swarms of insects; Power Feat: Metamorph, Trigger [when Torog is first staggered])
(8) Protection 8
(68) Strike 17 (“torturous chainlash” Extra: Aura, Duration – Sustained)
(43) Summon Crawling Blood Swarm 14 (Power Feat: Alternate Power 1; Extra: Action – Move)
AP – Snare 17 (“imprisoning chains” Power Feat: Tether; Extra: Area – Burst; Flaw: Range – Touch)
(6) Super-Movement 6 (Sure-Footed 4, Wall-Crawling 2; Flaw: Limited – earth and stone only)
(2) Super-Senses 2 (Darkvision)
(36+8) Telepathy 17 (Power Feat: Selective, Subtle) + Comprehend 4 (Languages)

DIVINE WEAPONS
[18] Strike 3 (“serrated longsword” Power Feat: Improved Critical, Mighty 11; Extra: Secondary Effect [flames])
[10] Strike 3 (“sickle of agony” Power Feat: Mighty; Extra: Action – Free Action, Secondary Effect; Flaw: Limited – only vs. non-injured targets)

Drawbacks
(-1) Power Loss (Morph; cannot discorporate if all internal organs are recovered and destroyed or if Torog is battled within the skull of Gargash)

Abilities 82 + Skills 30 (120 ranks) + Feats 8 + Powers 436 + Combat 68 + Saves 30 – Drawbacks 1 = 653

:arrow: Torog is one of the major deities of the 4e Dungeons and Dragons game. He is the god of prisons, torture, and the Underdark. Torog was maimed in battle with the primordial Gargash during the Dawn War, and carries his wounds to this very day. The battle between the two beings formed the Underdark itself, in which Torog is imprisoned.

:arrow: When a deity is bloodied, its mind leaves its body, and it is unable to assume physical form for a certain length of time. This discorporation lasts anywhere from a few months to several years, during which time the deity's power is weakened but not negated.
Because he draws his power from the Underdark instead of the Astral Sea, Torog discorporates differently from other deities, transforming into a swarm of millions of vermin and leeches that scatter qUickly into the shadows.
Characters who want to truly kill a deity must fulfill one or more conditions specific to that deity and to your campaign. If the specific conditions are satisfied, the deity cannot discorporate, instead becoming bloodied as normal. Sample quests for those wishing to slay Torog are given below. However, Torog is unique among all the gods in that he is consumed by an irrational desire to die. Because of this, the King that Crawls is able to willingly overcome discorporation, and he can choose at any time to fight to the death.
Rigors of Execution: Any characters who want to slay Torog are welcome to try, but the battle must take place in Gargash's skull. From this primary torture den, Torog sends his foes to fight his exarchs (demigods) in other torture dens. Once the exarchs are defeated, Torog can be slain.
The Seven Parts: When Torog first burst from the Underdark into the Shadowdark, the divine aspect of death pierced him, tearing out and scattering fragments of his mind, heart, lungs, guts, bones, blood, and bile. Torog salvaged these remains, keeping them in jars in his various torture dens. Characters who undertake a quest to destroy these vile relics gain the power to slay the maimed god.
CRAWLING BLOOD SWARM (PL 11, Minion 14)
STR 12 (+1), DEX 33 (+11), CON 28 (+9), INT 1 (-5), WIS 30 (+10), CHA 22 (+6)

COMBAT: Attack +7, Damage +1 (unarmed), +10 (swarm), Defense 17 (+7 base); 13 flat-footed, Initiative +11

SAVES: TGH +9, Fort +16, Ref +14, Will +13

Powers: (48) Duplication 11 (“blood pollution” Power Feat: Progression 3, Trigger [if crawling blood swarm ends its turn next to an Injured target]; Extra: Action – Free)
(15) Immunity 15 (Bludgeoning Weapons, Piercing Weapons, Slashing Weapons)
(6) Insubstantial 1 (Power Feat: Innate; Extra: Duration – Continuous; Flaw: Permanent)
(40) Strike 10 (“swarm of torturous mandibles” Extra: Aura, Duration – Sustained)

Drawbacks: (-4) Disability (Mute [Very Common, Moderate])
(-4) Disability (No hands [Very Common, Moderate])

Power Points: Abilities 66, Skills 0, Feats 0, Powers 111, Combat 28, Saves 13, - Drawbacks 8 = 210
Last edited by prodigyduck on Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Terrorism is the tactic of the weak." -Reza Aslan, Muslim Scholar

Mediocrity always attacks excellence.

Please see my MnM Beastiary.

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by prodigyduck » Sat May 15, 2010 12:13 pm

As god-builds go, Torog is ridiculous. He has lots of area-effects and aura attacks. Several of the auras have prerequisits that need to be followed, but it all adds up in the end -- somebody is going to get really hurt!

4e D&D has only privided a couple of examples for their gods; I think Tiamat, Bahamut, and Torog, here, are the only ones they have provided actual builds for thus far. I am hoping they release all of them so I can add them to my conversion factory.

Woodclaw
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Woodclaw » Sat May 15, 2010 2:54 pm

prodigyduck wrote:As god-builds go, Torog is ridiculous. He has lots of area-effects and aura attacks. Several of the auras have prerequisits that need to be followed, but it all adds up in the end -- somebody is going to get really hurt!
I don't know if I'm more amazed or disgusted. Amazed because of the quality of the build. Disgusted because I think that the whole concept is too gory.
prodigyduck wrote:4e D&D has only privided a couple of examples for their gods; I think Tiamat, Bahamut, and Torog, here, are the only ones they have provided actual builds for thus far. I am hoping they release all of them so I can add them to my conversion factory.
That's a thing I never understood, why stating a god? I mean in a divine based campaign it makes sense, but why stating something like that in a normal game, even the lowest end of the scale should be able to blast away a adventuring party with ease.
"Yes, it's a bloody flying alligator setting fire to my city!"

Sam Vimes (Guards! Guards!)

From a dark corner of my mind (my build's thread)
From another dark corner of my mind (my Deviantart page)

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arthur Eld » Sat May 15, 2010 6:15 pm

Yeah, but for transplant to a supers game, gods are useful for challenging high-level teams, like the JLA. Freedom City's Centurion is only one PL below Torog, I wonder how he'd fare?

Also, does this mean we'll be seeing those other gods you spoke of, pduck? Bahamut would be awesome.

Xarathos
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Xarathos » Sat May 15, 2010 6:19 pm

Arthur Eld wrote:Freedom City's Centurion is only one PL below Torog, I wonder how he'd fare?
I'd just like to put in a request now to see this playtested. . . :D

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by prodigyduck » Sun May 16, 2010 10:16 am

I don't run playtests very well...

input.jack
Comrade
Comrade

Post by input.jack » Mon May 17, 2010 12:15 pm

Wow. I had no idea that this was Torog's concept.

I have to agree, its a bit on the gorefest side. Also, what was he like as a God before he got his backside handed to him in battle?

I love your conversion work, P-Duck. You know that. But I think the concept behind this character is kind of weak. Youd think the God of Torture and Prisons would be...you know...the evil Warden or something. Someone that inquisitors and sadists would think worthy of their worship.

This guy is just a glorified inmate.

When I was running a Golarion campaign, I had Torog among my pantheon. But I had meant him to seem more like a Fantasy RGP version of Darth Vader or something. Not this.

(Please understand; No offense is intended to you, Oh Mighty Duck. My complaint is with the concept of the character, and that falls at the feet of the 4E development team).
My fingers and my brain work at different speeds. Please forgive my typoes

My Flintlock Fantasy thread
My DC Thread
My Art Thread

Narsil
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Narsil » Tue May 18, 2010 1:35 pm

The summary of my opinion when looking through the 4th edition Underdark book, keeping in mind that I really like the Underdark and really have got a soft spot for it in my heart, was 'Who the f*** is Torog and why the f*** should I care about him?'

That said, I must thank Prodigy Duck for usefully creating a build for him, and one which actually looks pretty damn good. This way I can use him as a punching bag at some point. :P
Narsil 2e
Narsil 3e

'Oil, an emergency? About time the people who run this planet of yours realize that to be dependent upon a mineral slime just doesn't make sense.'
-The Fourth Doctor, Terror of the Zygons

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by prodigyduck » Wed May 19, 2010 11:51 pm

Yeah, I know what you folk mean about his 4e concept. I'm not a huge fan of Torog as he stands (eh-heh).

The Torog in my game is basically a warden god. He captures and punishes those the gods deem need be held in whatever passes for a divine prison. In the case of my own campaign world, that would be either the Underdark (for those powerful but not -divine- powerful creatures) or the dominion of Carceri for the godlike beings (also called Tartarus).

In my game, Torog splits his time between the two places, making sure all the locks and wards are still in place. But, like the other gods of the campaign, he is not omnipotent, omniscient, nor omnipresent; and, as such, things occasionally slip through the cracks.

Also in my own game, Torog has the nickname of "The King That Crawls." This does not imply that he is literally crawling, as depicted above. Torog is actually minorly aspected as the god of vermin (insects and arachnids). In fact, I made Blibdoolpoolp, goddess of the Kuo-Toa one of his exarchs. As she has the lobster head and claws -- and lobsters are a form of aquatic vermin -- this fits the concept for Torog that I had developed.

Were I to develop my own appearance for Torog, I would probably make him look like something that stepped out of the Hellraiser movies. Needleface and the other Cynabites would have the right feel I am looking for; especially given their proclivity towards torture, pain, and imprisonment. That may be something I need to work on as an art project soon...

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: Prodigy Duck's Beastiary and More (Nightwalker)

Post by prodigyduck » Fri May 21, 2010 1:06 am

"Am I bluuuuuue..."

NIGHTWALKER (PL 10, 213 total pp)

Ability Scores
STR 24 (+7), DEX 20 (+5), CON 22 (+6)
INT 17 (+3), WIS 18 (+4), CHA 24 (+7)

Combat
Attack +9 (+10 base, -1 size), Damage +7 (unarmed), +4 (void chill aura), +10 Con Drain (finger of death)
Defense 19 (+10 base, -1 size); flat-footed 14
Grapple +21, Initiative +5

Saves
TGH +10, Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +11

Skills
Language 0 (Common is native), Notice 10 (+14), Stealth 10 (+11)

Feats
Fearsome Presence 7 (35-ft., DC 17)

Powers
(10+6+1) Drain Fortitude, Reflex, Toughness, and Will Saves 2 (“void gaze” Power Feat: Slow Fade 6; Extra: Alternate Save – Will, Range – Perception; Flaw: Sense-Dependent – Visual) + Trip 2 (Extra: Alternate Save – Will, Knockback, Range – Perception; Flaw: Sense-Dependent – Visual)
AP – Drain Constitution 10 (“finger of death” Power Feat: Slow Fade 6; Extra: Range – Ranged; Flaw: Limited – only vs. Staggered targets)
(20) Energy Aura 4 (“void chill” Extra: Area – Burst)
(13) Growth 4 (Power Feat: Innate; Extra: Duration – Continuous; Flaw: Permanent)
(6) Immunity 6 (Aging, Disease, Poison, Sleep, Suffocation)
(5) Immunity 10 (Cold Damage, Necrotic Damage; Flaw: Limited – half-effect)
(4) Protection 4
(22+8) Telepathy 10 (Power Feat: Selective, Subtle) + Comprehend 4 (Languages)

Drawbacks
(-2) Vulnerability (Radiant Damage [Uncommon, Moderate])

Abilities 53 + Skills 5 (20 ranks) + Feats 7 + Powers 97 + Combat 40 + Saves 13 – Drawbacks 2 = 213
Last edited by prodigyduck on Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: Prodigy Duck's Beastiary and More (Nightwalker)

Post by prodigyduck » Tue May 25, 2010 12:08 am

BAHAMUT (PL 18, 451 total pp)

Ability Scores
STR 31 (+10), DEX 23 (+6), CON 33 (+11)
INT 27 (+8), WIS 28 (+9), CHA 29 (+9)

Combat
Attack +16 (+18 base, -2 size), Damage +10 (unarmed), +10/19-20 (bite), +18 (breath weapons)
Defense 26 (+18 base, -2 size); flat-footed 17
Grapple +36, Initiative +6

Saves
TGH +18 (Impervious 18), Fort +22, Ref +17, Will +20

Skills
Climb 18 (+20), Concentration 16 (+25), Diplomacy 18 (+27), Gather Information 16 (+25), Intimidate 18 (+31), Knowledge: Arcane Lore 18 (+26), Knowledge: History 18 (+26), Knowledge: Theology / Philosophy 18 (+26), Language 0 (Supernal is native), Medicine 18 (+27), Notice 18 (+27), Search 16 (+24), Sense Motive 18 (+27), Swim 18 (+20)

Feats
Benefit (God of Honor, Justice, and Nobility), Endurance, Fearsome Presence 18 (DC 28, 90-ft.), Improved Grab, Luck 1, Second Chance 3 (Fortitude, Reflex, and Willpower Saves against lasting effects)

Powers
(54+3) Corrosion 18 (“disintegration breath” Extra: Area – Cone)
AP – Blast 18 (“polar breath” Extra: Area – Cone; Flaw: Range – Touch)
AP – Insubstantial 2 (“misty breath” Extra: Area – Cone, Attack, Independent, Total Fade [14 rounds])
AP – Strike 10 (“bite” Power Feat: Improved Critical, Incurable; Action – Reaction [when Bahamut has successfully grappled a target])
(6) Flight 3 (50 mph)
(25) Growth 8 (Power Feat: Innate, Extra: Duration – Continuous, Flaw: Permanent)
(18) Impervious Toughness 18
(6) Morph 4 (“discorporation” Power Feat: Metamorph, Trigger [when Staggered])
(7) Protection 7
(56) Teleport 18 (Power Feat: Change Direction, Easy; Extra: Accurate)

Drawbacks
(-1) Power Loss (Flight; if wings are impaired)
(-1) Power Loss (Discorporation; if deliberately committing a dishonorable act)

Abilities 87 + Skills 57 (228 ranks) + Feats 25 + Powers 179 + Combat 72 + Saves 33 – Drawbacks 2 = 451

:arrow: BAHAMUT! By request.

When you compare him to Torog, Bahamut seems really straight-forward in his build. He is really tough and a dangerous opponent, but he is not at all complicated. Torog has many area effects and aura powers that have prerequisites.

:idea: Bahamut has an additional form: The Man with the Canaries. This build will be forthcoming.
Last edited by prodigyduck on Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: Prodigy Duck's Beastiary and More (Bahamut)

Post by prodigyduck » Tue May 25, 2010 10:20 am

THE OLD MAN WITH THE CANARIES (PL 18, 521 total pp)

Ability Scores
STR 31 (+10), DEX 23 (+6), CON 33 (+11)
INT 27 (+8), WIS 28 (+9), CHA 29 (+9)

Combat
Attack +18, Damage +10 plus Stun 18 (unarmed)
Defense 28; flat-footed 19
Grapple +28, Initiative +6

Saves
TGH +18, Fort +22, Ref +17, Will +20

Skills
Climb 18 (+28), Concentration 16 (+25), Diplomacy 18 (+27), Gather Information 16 (+25), Intimidate 18 (+31), Knowledge: Arcane Lore 18 (+26), Knowledge: History 18 (+26), Knowledge: Theology / Philosophy 18 (+26), Language 0 (Supernal is native), Medicine 18 (+27), Notice 18 (+27), Search 16 (+24), Sense Motive 18 (+27), Swim 18 (+28)

Feats
Benefit (God of Honor, Justice, and Nobility), Endurance, Luck 1, Second Chance 3 (Fortitude, Reflex, and Willpower Saves against lasting effects)

Powers
(54+3) Boost Attack Bonus, Damage Effects, and Skill Ranks 18 (“Bahamut’s blessing”)
AP – Healing 18 (“Bahamut’s mercy” Extra: Range – Ranged)
AP – Nullify Sustained/Lasting Effects 18 (“Bahamut’s cleansing”)
AP – Stun 18 (Extra: Linked to unarmed; Flaw: Daze)
(111+1) Canary Array (Drawback: Power Loss [each use uses one canary; up to seven canaries total; array recovers after 1 hour])
Base Power – Stun 18 (“gold dragon rescue” Extra: Area – Burst, Range – Ranged, Selective [opponents only]) + Flight 3 (Extra: Affects Others [others only], Area – Burst, Range – Ranged, Independent, Selective [allies only], Total Fade)
AP – Summon Gold Dragon 17 (Power Feat: Progression 3 [up to 7 total]; Extra: Duration – Continuous, Heroic)
(6+1) Morph 4 (“discorporation” Power Feat: Metamorph, Trigger [when Staggered])
AP – Morph 4 (“Bahamut runs rampant” Power Feat: Metamorph [dragon form])
(7) Protection 7
(56) Teleport 18 (Power Feat: Change Direction, Easy; Extra: Accurate)

Drawbacks
(-1) Power Loss (Discorporation; if deliberately committing a dishonorable act)

Abilities 111 + Skills 57 (228 ranks) + Feats 6 + Powers 243 + Combat 72 + Saves 33 – Drawbacks 1 = 521

:idea: The Old man with the Canaries: Bahamut's alternate form when traveling on the mortal world. Each canary is a gold dragon with its own name and personality (they are given brief descriptions in the 4e Draconomicon [Metallic Dragons] book).

:idea: In the continuing trend of "some things don't translate well when converted to another system" the Old man is more expensive than the actual Bahamut form due to that "Gold Dragon Rescue" power (an Area Stun that stuns enemies, but allows allies in the area to fly away). But the guy is a god... he can do what he wants.