Prodigy Duck's Beastiary and More (Allabar)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by prodigyduck » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:16 am

Swordfire wrote:
One suggestion I'd make, ProdigyDuck, is to drop the T-800's Impervious Protection to 6 ranks rather than 7. The entry for shotguns in teh Equipment chapter's weapons list states that shot gun slugs do +6 damage, and that was what Kyle Reese was using against the T-800 in the bar scene in the first movie. While he didn't manage to destroy the T-800 with those slugs he did manage to knock it down and out long enough for himself and Sarah Connor to escape. That's not something Impervious Protection 7 would permit, but Impervious 6 would.
Kyle Reese has Power Attack. I was watching Terminator the other day, and I noticed that several cops shot the Terminator with shotguns and assault rilfes to no effect.... But Kyle is a PC with Power Attack, so he could affect the machine.
"Terrorism is the tactic of the weak." -Reza Aslan, Muslim Scholar

Mediocrity always attacks excellence.

Please see my MnM Beastiary.

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Libra » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:56 am

I'd say it's more likely that he simply knew where to aim. Tec-Com would probably train it's forces to engage Hunter-Killers with anything they can get their hands on.
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Rule Brittania! Praise the Hoff and the Grin!

Warning!: May cause Thread Drift.

input.jack
Comrade
Comrade

Post by input.jack » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:49 pm

Libra wrote:I'd say it's more likely that he simply knew where to aim. Tec-Com would probably train it's forces to engage Hunter-Killers with anything they can get their hands on.
Isnt knowing where to aim a viable special effect for Power Attack with a ranged weapon? Game mechanically, I think P-Duck is right :)
My fingers and my brain work at different speeds. Please forgive my typoes

My Flintlock Fantasy thread
My DC Thread
My Art Thread

innermoppet
Bystander
Bystander

Post by innermoppet » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:55 am

Libra wrote:I'd say it's more likely that he simply knew where to aim. Tec-Com would probably train it's forces to engage Hunter-Killers with anything they can get their hands on.
As the developer of the Terminator (and I finally can post here, yay!), I'd like to say thank you for your responses all.

Addressing the above statement, while batting around ideas we also decided that Kyle Reese, and possibly other resistance fighters of his era, may also have Favored Enemy: Robots and possibly Critical Strike. Not that I made Terminators immune to critical hits, but some of the other robots may be. Honestly, I save immunity to critical hits for things that have no internal workings, such as golems, incoporeal undead, oozes, and maybe plants. Machines have critical systems, vampires are still normally vulnerable at the heart, knocking a skeleton's head off usually impairs it, etc.

I chose Impervious 7 very deliberately. Without the use of feats it takes a .50 caliber machine gun to actually force a Toughness check on the Terminator. This means the 20th century military can affect a Terminator, but they are almost immune from police. I was assuming that during the time of the war against the machines the soldiers in Reese's era were using heavier weapons (rocket launchers come to mind), plasma weapons (as we sort of see at the beginning of T-2), or knew to combine fire to affect them.

I admit, their Dex and Improved Initiative may be a little high. I was basing these numbers on T-2 and the series a bit. They are said to be able to react faster than humans can and I was trying to simulate this. This is technically a total meta-game second-guess on my part as Hollywood tends to get things into later movies that they didn't think of in the first. So the assumption is Terminators in the later movies work more how the director and creator (in this case, James Cameron) wanted them to.

As far as their accuracy goes, it's a simple fix already in the write-up; I gave them All-out Attack. With that feat, they can trade off defense for attack bonus and viola! Instant accuracy!

Yes, having re-read the "Damaging Devices" section of the main rules I apparently forgot that Devices have a Toughness equal to 10+Device rank. This means another drawback is needed on them making the Device much flimsier. I'd write it as the Device having a vulnerability to lethal damage for 1 point and run it as presented. This makes the envelope much more resistant to non-lethal damage, but I think that's ok. You can also choose to run it literally as a max vulnerability and just double the lethal damage against a Toughness of +11. It will make the envelope tougher, but not beyond human norms (pistols will rate +6 or +8 against the envelop, rifles +10, shotguns +10 to +12).
Last edited by innermoppet on Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

marcoasalazarm
Hero
Hero

Post by marcoasalazarm » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:08 am

marcoasalazarm wrote:If it's not too much of a bother, can I ask for the following Gold Digger characters?

-Xane.
-Agent M.
-Theodore, Julia Diggers
-Mumsey Brigand
-Jetta.

Anycase, thanks.
Just a reminder.

If I asked at a wrong time or something, I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
Bad guy looks at small pistol by PC. Bad guy makes pistol with fingers.
Bad guy-¿"Bang"?.
PC shakes head gravely.
PC (quiet voice)-"Boom".
PC pulls trigger.
Bad guy gets vaporized.

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by prodigyduck » Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:12 pm

marcoasalazarm wrote:
marcoasalazarm wrote:If it's not too much of a bother, can I ask for the following Gold Digger characters?

-Xane.
-Agent M.
-Theodore, Julia Diggers
-Mumsey Brigand
-Jetta.

Anycase, thanks.
Just a reminder.

If I asked at a wrong time or something, I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
Not at all. I'm just swaped with a different project at the moment, so I can't get to these builds right now. Once I am finished with what I am working on, I intend for these to be my next conversions.

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by prodigyduck » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:35 am

AGENT M (aka Miracle) (PL 10, 216 total pp)

Ability Scores
STR 35 (+12), DEX 20 (+5), CON -- (--)
INT 16 (+3), WIS 24 (+7), CHA 16 (+3)

Combat
Attack +4 (+8 unarmed), Damage +12 (unarmed)
Defense 20 (12 flat-footed)
Grapple +26, Initiative +5

Saves
TGH +10, Fort --, Ref +11, Will +14

Skills
Concentration 4 (+11), Diplomacy 4 (+7), Gather Information 4 (+7), Investigate 4 (+7), Knowledge: Current Events 8 (+11), Knowledge: Physical Sciences 4 (+7), Knowledge: Streetwise 4 (+7), Knowledge: Tactics 4 (+7), Knowledge: Technology 4 (+7), Notice 4 (+11), Profession: Government Agent 4 (+11), Sense Motive 8 (+11)

Feats
All-Out Attack, Attack Specialization 2 (unarmed), Benefit 2 (Agency Zero member, US Government Security Clearance), Connected, Contacts, Dodge Focus 5, Equipment 1, Interpose, Power Attack

Powers
Flight 15 (500,000 mph; Power Feat: Dynamic, Subtle) (32pp)
DAP – Concealment 10 (all senses) (2pp)
DAP – Time Stop 8 (“warp field manipulation” Flaw: Requires Concentration Check [-1], Side Effect [damage; -1], Tiring [-1]) (2pp)
Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) (30pp)
Protection 10 (Extra: Impervious [+1]) (20pp)
Super-Strength 10 (heavy lift: 1,600 tons) (20pp)

Equipment
Acency Zero Commlink

Ability Scores 51, Skills 14, Feats 14, Powers 106, Combat 18, Saves 13, - Drawbacks 0 = 216
The mysterious Agent M. Formerly the hero known as Miracle. After the death of many of the Wonder Firends, Agent M started Agency Zero as a means for superheroes to fight evil without causing massive property damage and loss of life.
:!: As mysterious as he is, it is difficult to get an accurate build for this guy. This is as close as I think I can get.

:!: In one issue, after using his warp field manipulation too much, he was severely injured, revealing a metallic skin and a glowing eye. In addition, his inability to do anything against Gina Diggers seems to indicate he may be a creation of the Nomad Artificers (perhaps Ancient Gina, herself).

Here is a pic of Miracle in costume:

BlueLantern
Hireling
Hireling

Post by BlueLantern » Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:52 pm

prodigyduck wrote:Image

HALF-CELESTIAL TEMPLATE
A half-celestial possesses the following Traits:

FEATS
Attractive

POWERS
(16) Enhanced Ability 16 (Strength +4, Dexterity +2, Intelligence +2, Wisdom +4, Charisma +4)
(6) Flight 3 (25 mph)
(4) Immunity 4 (Aging, Disease, Sleep, Sustainence)
(5) Impervious Toughness 5
(8+1) Light Control 3 (“daylight” Power Feat: Slow Fade 2 [5 minutes/pp], Extra: Independent [+0], Total Fade [+1], Flaw: Range – Touch [-1])
AP – Strike x (“smite evil” Power Feat: Mighty, Extra: Penetrating [+1], Flaw: Limited – only vs. “evil” creatures [-1]) [x = appropriate to PL]
(3pp/rank) Nullify x (all magic effects at once; Extra: Power Resistance [+1]) [x = half-celestial’s HD]
(1) Protection 1
(2) Super-Senses 2 (Darkvision)

DRAWBACKS
(-1pp) Power Loss (Flight; if wings are restricted)
(-1pp) Power Loss (Impervious Toughness; not vs. magic)

OPTIONS
A half-celestial may, with the GM’s permission select a number of powers from the following list to add to her Array.

(2pp/rank) Exorcism x (vs. evil)
(2pp/rank) Healing x
(3pp/rank) Healing x (Extra: Resurrection [+1])
(3pp/rank) Summon x (Extra: Independent [+0], Total Fade [+1], Type [any celestial; +1], Flaw: Action – Full-Round [-1])
(3) Super-Senses 3 (Detect Evil Presences [acute, ranged])
(3pp/rank + 1) Ward x (vs. evil; Power Feat: Slow Fade 1 [1 minute/pp], Extra: Independent [+0], Total Fade [+1])
Lady, I don't know what you are, but you ain't no angel.

(looks like a good template though)

marcoasalazarm
Hero
Hero

Post by marcoasalazarm » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:33 pm

Man, love that Agent M conversion. It sure shows why he's a terror on the GD verse (well, as much as an MIB can be a terror).
Bad guy looks at small pistol by PC. Bad guy makes pistol with fingers.
Bad guy-¿"Bang"?.
PC shakes head gravely.
PC (quiet voice)-"Boom".
PC pulls trigger.
Bad guy gets vaporized.

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Libra » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:08 am

Keep the good work coming, oh Duck Prodigious. :D
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Gothenem
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gothenem » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:26 am

BlueLantern wrote: Lady, I don't know what you are, but you ain't no angel.

(looks like a good template though)
Umm, no, she's only HALF angel.

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Libra » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:33 am

Makes you wonder where the other half came from - and if they sell tickets. . . 8)

Gothenem
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gothenem » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:45 am

Libra wrote:Makes you wonder where the other half came from - and if they sell tickets. . . 8)
If you find out, let me know. I'm buying tickets. 8)

Frukathka
Bystander
Bystander

Post by Frukathka » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:21 am

Love all your work prodigyduck. You've saved me from having to convert some undead for the campaign I'm currently designing.

I'm wondering if you might convert the Catfolk and the Inspired/Empty Vessels?

JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by JoshuaDunlow » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:48 pm

Prodigy always does some great stuff, and he has the ability to come up with some interesting ways of pulling off powers in a way i would never think of. And his taste in art is always top notch ;)