Prodigy Duck's Beastiary and More (Allabar)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Locked
prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind
Posts: 2351
Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:15 pm
Location: A comfortable computer chair
Contact:

Post by prodigyduck » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:58 pm

Arnwolf wrote:I like what you did with the wizard.
Thanks. I quite proud of him. He does kick quite a bit of boo-tay.
"Terrorism is the tactic of the weak." -Reza Aslan, Muslim Scholar

Mediocrity always attacks excellence.

Please see my MnM Beastiary.

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind
Posts: 2351
Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:15 pm
Location: A comfortable computer chair
Contact:

Post by prodigyduck » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:00 pm

Image

CYCLOPS, Lesser (PL 10, Minion 7)

Attributes
STR 27 (+8], DEX 9 (-1), CON 19 (+4), INT 6 (-2), WIS 8 (-1), CHA 6 (-2)

Combat
Attack +8 (includes -1 size), Damage +8 (unarmed), +11 (spear), +11 (thrown rock), Defense 18 (Flat-Footed 14), Initiative -1

Saves
TGH +10, Fort +12, Ref +3, Will +3

Feats
Equipment 2, Power Attack, Takedown Attack 2

Skills
Acrobatics 14 (+13), Climb 5 (+13), Notice 5 (+4)

Powers
Deflect 8 (slow projectiles; Power Feat: Precise, Extra: Action – Free Action [+2], Flaw: Limited – Rocks Only [-1]) (17pp)
AP – Blast 11 (“rock throw” Flaw: Medium – Rocks [-1], Drawback: Reduced Range – Five Increments) (1pp)
Growth 4 (Power Feat: Innate, Extra: Duration – Continuous [+1], Flaw: Permanent [-1]) (13pp)
Protection 6 (6pp)

Equipment
Spear

Drawbacks
Disability (one eye; -4 with ranged attacks [common, moderate]) (-3pp)

Ability Scores: 3, Skills 6, Feats 5, Powers 37, Combat 36, Saves 16, Drawbacks –3 = 100

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CYCLOPS, Greater (PL 12, Minion 14)

Attributes
STR 33 (+11), DEX 13 (+1), CON 23 (+6), INT 16 (+3), WIS 18 (+4), CHA 14 (+2)

Combat
Attack +10 (includes -2 size), Damage +11 (unarmed), +14 (spear), +12 (thrown rock), Defense 20 (Flat-Footed 14), Initiative +1

Saves
TGH +10, Fort +16, Ref +6, Will +9

Feats
Artificer, Equipment 3, Improved Sunder, Takedown Attack 2

Skills
Craft: Mechanical 17 (+20), Language 1 (Common [Giant is native])

Powers
Deflect 10 (slow projectiles; Power Feat: Precise, Extra: Action – Free Action [+2], Flaw: Limited – Rocks Only [-1]) (21pp)
AP – Blast 12 (“rock throw” Flaw: Medium – Rocks [-1], Drawback: Reduced Range – Five Increments [-1pp]) (1pp)
Growth 9 (Power Feat: Innate, Extra: Duration – Continuous [+1], Flaw: Permanent [-1]) (22pp)
Immunity 5 (Fire Damage) (5pp)
Nullify 11 (all magic effects at once; Extra: Power Resistance [+1]) (33pp)
Protection 4 (4pp)
Super-Senses 1 (Low-Light Vision) (1pp)

Equipment
Spear, Scale Mail Armor

Drawbacks
Disability (one eye; -4 with ranged attacks [common, moderate]) (-3pp)

Ability Scores: 30, Skills 8, Feats 6, Powers 93, Combat 48, Saves 20, Drawbacks –3 = 198

:arrow: EDIT (11/23/07) Made some alterations to both Cyclops. Most of the changes were to the Greater (I forgot several of his powers, such as Nullify for Magic Resistance).
Last edited by prodigyduck on Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"Terrorism is the tactic of the weak." -Reza Aslan, Muslim Scholar

Mediocrity always attacks excellence.

Please see my MnM Beastiary.

dwellerofthedeep
Zealot
Zealot
Posts: 1486
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:34 am
Location: Minnesota
Contact:

Post by dwellerofthedeep » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:28 pm

Great creatures. Many of these come from a place near to my heart as I cut my RPG teeth on D&D. Good job, I'll probably be using those gnolls especially. I love gnolls, and this thread.
Character Carnival!
My Blog
"If I have to give up a kidney I'll be okay because I'll still have Mutants and Masterminds."

Arnwolf
Collaborator
Collaborator
Posts: 343
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:02 pm

Post by Arnwolf » Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:43 pm

By any chance would you have a PL6 Monk handy

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind
Posts: 2351
Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:15 pm
Location: A comfortable computer chair
Contact:

Post by prodigyduck » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:23 am

Arnwolf wrote:By any chance would you have a PL6 Monk handy
Alas, not on hand. I can see what I can come up with when I wake up tomorrow.
"Terrorism is the tactic of the weak." -Reza Aslan, Muslim Scholar

Mediocrity always attacks excellence.

Please see my MnM Beastiary.

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind
Posts: 2351
Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:15 pm
Location: A comfortable computer chair
Contact:

Post by prodigyduck » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:37 am

Image

BLINK DOG (PL 4, Minion 5)

Attributes
STR 10 (+0), DEX 17 (+3), CON 10 (+0), INT 10 (+0), WIS 13 (+3), CHA 11 (+0)

Combat
Attack +4, Damage +0, Defense 14 (Flat-Footed 12), Initiative +3

Saves
TGH +3, Fort +4, Ref +7, Will +2

Skills
Notice 4 (+5), Sense Motive 2 (+3), Survival 2 (+3)

Powers
Concealment 4 (“blink” visual; Flaw: Partial [-1], Unreliable [-1]) + Insubstantial 4 (Power Feat: Dimensional 1 [Ethereal], Extra: Linked [+0], Flaw: Unreliable [-1])
Protection 3 (3pp)
Super-Senses 4 (Darkvision, Low-Light Vision, Scent, Track) (4pp)
Teleport 8 ("dimension door" Power Feats: Change Direction, Change Velocity, Turnabout, Flaw: Short-Range [-1]) (11pp)

Drawbacks
Disability (no hands [very common, moderate])

Ability Scores: 11, Skills 2, Feats 0, Powers 37, Combat 16, Saves 9, Drawbacks –4 = 71

:arrow: EDIT: (11/22/07) Altered "Blink" power from Enhanced Defense to proper effect.
Last edited by prodigyduck on Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Terrorism is the tactic of the weak." -Reza Aslan, Muslim Scholar

Mediocrity always attacks excellence.

Please see my MnM Beastiary.

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind
Posts: 2351
Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:15 pm
Location: A comfortable computer chair
Contact:

Post by prodigyduck » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:52 am

Image

GIANT EAGLE (PL 4)

Attributes
STR 18 (+4), DEX 17 (+3), CON 12 (+1), INT 10 (+0), WIS 14 (+2), CHA 10 (+0)

Combat
Attack +3 (includes -1 size), Damage +4 (unarmed), Defense 13 (Flat-Footed 12), Initiative +3

Saves
TGH +3, Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +3

Feats
Evasion, Move-By Action

Skills
Knowledge: Nature 2 (+2), Language 1 (Auran [Common is native]), Notice 9 (+11), Sense Motive 2 (+4), Survival 1 (+3)

Powers
Flight 4 (8pp)
Growth 4 (Power Feat: Innate, Extra: Duration – Continuous [+1], Flaw: Permanent [-1]) (13pp)
Protection 2 (2pp)
Super-Senses 2 (Extended Vision, Low-Light Vision) (2pp)

Drawbacks
Disability (no hands [very common, moderate]) (-4pp)
Power Loss (Flight, if wings restricted) (-1pp)

Ability Scores: 9, Skills 4, Feats 2, Powers 25, Combat 16, Saves 9, Drawbacks –5 = 60

:arrow: EDIT: (11/22/07) Altered the Giant Eagle's feats.
Last edited by prodigyduck on Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Terrorism is the tactic of the weak." -Reza Aslan, Muslim Scholar

Mediocrity always attacks excellence.

Please see my MnM Beastiary.

Servitor_2152
Zealot
Zealot
Posts: 1006
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:05 pm

Post by Servitor_2152 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:05 am

I didn't know giant eagles could talk. :shock:
Iron Kingdoms Conversions

Full-Metal Fantasy in Mutants & Masterminds 2E

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind
Posts: 2351
Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:15 pm
Location: A comfortable computer chair
Contact:

Post by prodigyduck » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:06 am

Image

HARPY (PL 5)

Attributes
STR 10 (+0), DEX 15 (+5), CON 10 (+0), INT 7 (-2), WIS 12 (+1), CHA 17 (+3)

Combat
Attack +7, Damage +0 (unarmed), +2 (club), Defense 17 (Flat-Footed 13), Initiative +2

Saves
TGH +1, Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +6

Feats
Dodge Focus 1, Equipment 1, Move-By Action

Skills
Bluff 8 (+11), Intimidate 4 (+7), Notice 2 (+3), Perform: Oratory 2 (+5)

Powers
Flight 3 (50 mph) (6pp)
Mind Control 6 (“captivating song” Power Feat: Progression 3 [Area], Extra: Area – Burst [300-ft. radius; +1], Conscious [+1], Selective Attack [+1], Flaw: Limited – One Command [“Come to me and surrender”; -1], Range – Touch [-2], Sense-Dependent – Hearing [-1]) (9pp)
Protection 1 (1pp)
Super-Senses 3 (Darkvision, Extended Hearing) (3pp)

Drawbacks
Power Loss (Flight, if wings are restricted) (-1pp)
Power Loss (Mind Control, if unable to sing) (-1pp)

Ability Scores: 11, Skills 4, Feats 3, Powers 19, Combat 28, Saves 12, Drawbacks –2 = 74

:arrow: EDIT (11/23/07) I noticed that I was spending too much for the "captivating song" power and didn't give the hapries enough Flight. Alterations brought down their Minion Level.
Last edited by prodigyduck on Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Terrorism is the tactic of the weak." -Reza Aslan, Muslim Scholar

Mediocrity always attacks excellence.

Please see my MnM Beastiary.

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind
Posts: 2351
Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:15 pm
Location: A comfortable computer chair
Contact:

Post by prodigyduck » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:19 am

Servitor_2152 wrote:I didn't know giant eagles could talk. :shock:
Actually, yes, they can. Let me check my list...

The talking monsters of D&D (that most people least expect) include:

Behirs
Blink Dogs (although they have their own language, that usually sounds like barking, they can speak other languages if they took the time to learn)
Chimeras
Displacer Beasts
Dragonnes
Giant Eagles
Krakens
Manticores
Mimics
Nightmares
Otyughs (ew!)
Giant Owls
Umber Hulks
Unicorns (many think they are just magical horses, most don't know they can speak)
Winter Wolves
Worgs
Wyverns

Races that cannot speak but understand languages include:
Griffons
Hellhounds
Howlers
Pegasi
Shadow Mastiffs
Yeth Hounds
"Terrorism is the tactic of the weak." -Reza Aslan, Muslim Scholar

Mediocrity always attacks excellence.

Please see my MnM Beastiary.

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind
Posts: 2351
Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:15 pm
Location: A comfortable computer chair
Contact:

Post by prodigyduck » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:37 am

Image

"Did you ever notice how in the Bible, when ever God needed to punish someone, or make an example, or whenever God needed a killing, he sent an angel? Did you ever wonder what a creature like that must be like? A whole existence spent praising your God, but always with one wing dipped in blood. Would you ever really want to see an angel?" --Thomas Daggett (Elias Koteas), The Prophecy

"I'm an angel. I kill firstborns while their mamas watch. I turn cities into salt. I even, when I feel like it, rip the souls from little girls, and from now till kingdom come, the only thing you can count on in your existence is never understanding why. " -- Gabriel (Christopher Walken), The Prophecy

ANGEL (PL 12, Minion 19)

Attributes
STR 22 (+6), DEX 18 (+4), CON 18 (+4), INT 18 (+4), WIS 18 (+4), CHA 20 (+5)

Combat
Attack +12, Damage +6 (unarmed), +12 (holy sword; plus +12 Stun), Defense 22 (Flat-Footed 16), Initiative +8

Saves
TGH +12, Fort +12, Ref +12, Will +12

Feats
Attractive, Improved Critical (holy sword), Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Takedown Attack, Uncanny Dodge (mental)

Skills
Concentration 12 (+16), Craft: Any One 12 (+16), Diplomacy 16 (+21), Escape Artist 12 (+16), Intimidate 12 (+17), Knowledge: Any One 12 (+16), Language 2 (Draconic, Infernal [Celestial is native]), Notice 16 (+20), Sense Motive 14 (+18], Stealth 12 (+16)

Powers
Comprehend 4 (speak, read, and understand all languages) (8pp)
Flight 4 (8pp)
Immunity 16 (Acid Damage, Aging, Cold Damage, Petrification Effects, Sleep, Sustenance) (16pp)
Impervious Toughness 10 (Flaw: Limited – not vs. unholy [-1]) (5pp)
Light Control 12 (Extra: Independent [+0], Total Fade [+1]) (36pp)
AP – Blast 12 (“smite”; Extra: Linked – Dazzle 12 [visual; Flaw: Limited – only vs. evil (-1); +0]) (1pp)
AP – Concealment 4 (visual; Flaw: Passive [-1]) (1pp)
AP – Healing 12 (1pp)
AP – Nullify 12 (all magic effects at once) (1pp)
AP – Strike 12 (“holy sword”; Extra: Linked – Stun 12 [+0]) (1pp)
Morph 4 (humanoid forms; Flaw: Action – Standard [-2]) (2pp)
Protection 8 (8pp)
Super-Movement 3 (Dimensional Movement 3 [any dimension]) (6pp)
Super-Senses 9 (Celestial Awareness, Darkvision, Demonic Awareness, Detect Evil [ranged], Low-Light Vision, See Invisibility) (9pp)
Ward 5 (vs. evil [25-ft. radius]; Extra: Aura [+1], Duration – Continuous [+1], Flaw: Permanent [-1]) (10pp)
Linked – Immunity 5 (Mind Control Effects; Extra: Area – Burst [25-ft. radius; +1]) (10pp)

Ability Scores: 54, Skills 30, Feats 6, Powers 123, Combat 48, Saves 24, Drawbacks –0 = 285
Last edited by prodigyduck on Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Terrorism is the tactic of the weak." -Reza Aslan, Muslim Scholar

Mediocrity always attacks excellence.

Please see my MnM Beastiary.

JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 7330
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 8:19 am
Location: Spokane, Washington
Contact:

Post by JoshuaDunlow » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:50 am

prodigyduck wrote:Image

"Did you ever notice how in the Bible, when ever God needed to punish someone, or make an example, or whenever God needed a killing, he sent an angel? Did you ever wonder what a creature like that must be like? A whole existence spent praising your God, but always with one wing dipped in blood. Would you ever really want to see an angel?" --Thomas Daggett (Elias Koteas), The Prophecy

"I'm an angel. I kill firstborns while their mamas watch. I turn cities into salt. I even, when I feel like it, rip the souls from little girls, and from now till kingdom come, the only thing you can count on in your existence is never understanding why. " -- Gabriel (Christopher Walken), The Prophecy

ANGEL (PL 12, Minion 19)

Attributes
STR 22 (+6), DEX 18 (+4), CON 18 (+4), INT 18 (+4), WIS 18 (+4), CHA 20 (+5)

Combat
Attack +12, Damage +6 (unarmed), +12 (holy sword; plus +12 Stun), Defense 22 (Flat-Footed 16), Initiative +8

Saves
TGH +12, Fort +12, Ref +12, Will +12

Feats
Attractive, Improved Critical (holy sword), Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Takedown Attack, Uncanny Dodge (mental)

Skills
Concentration 12 (+16), Craft: Any One 12 (+16), Diplomacy 16 (+21), Escape Artist 12 (+16), Intimidate 12 (+17), Knowledge: Any One 12 (+16), Language 2 (Draconic, Infernal [Celestial is native]), Notice 16 (+20), Sense Motive 14 (+18], Stealth 12 (+16)

Powers
Comprehend 4 (speak, read, and understand all languages) (8pp)
Flight 4 (8pp)
Immunity 16 (Acid Damage, Aging, Cold Damage, Petrification Effects, Sleep, Sustenance) (16pp)
Impervious Toughness 10 (Flaw: Limited – not vs. unholy [-1]) (5pp)
Light Control 12 (Extra: Independent [+0], Total Fade [+1]) (36pp)
AP – Blast 12 (“smite”; Extra: Linked – Dazzle 12 [visual; Flaw: Limited – only vs. evil (-1); +0]) (1pp)
AP – Concealment 4 (visual; Flaw: Passive [-1]) (1pp)
AP – Healing 12 (1pp)
AP – Nullify 12 (all magic effects at once) (1pp)
AP – Strike 12 (“holy sword”; Extra: Linked – Stun 12 [+0]) (1pp)
Morph 4 (humanoid forms; Flaw: Action – Standard [-2]) (2pp)
Protection 8 (8pp)
Super-Movement 3 (Dimensional Movement 3 [any dimension]) (6pp)
Super-Senses 9 (Celestial Awareness, Darkvision, Demonic Awareness, Detect Evil [ranged], Low-Light Vision, See Invisibility) (9pp)
Ward 5 (vs. evil [25-ft. radius]; Extra: Aura [+1], Duration – Continuous [+1], Flaw: Permanent [-1]) (10pp)
Linked – Immunity 5 (Mind Control Effects; Extra: Area – Burst [25-ft. radius; +1]) (10pp)

Ability Scores: 54, Skills 30, Feats 6, Powers 123, Combat 48, Saves 24, Drawbacks –0 = 285
Now that rocks. Question , where's the stun power you linked your strike to?!

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind
Posts: 2351
Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:15 pm
Location: A comfortable computer chair
Contact:

Post by prodigyduck » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:56 am

JoshuaDunlow wrote:Now that rocks. Question , where's the stun power you linked your strike to?!
It is in the same Alternate Power slot as the Strike itself. I forgot to Boldline it; I'll edit that.
"Terrorism is the tactic of the weak." -Reza Aslan, Muslim Scholar

Mediocrity always attacks excellence.

Please see my MnM Beastiary.

JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 7330
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 8:19 am
Location: Spokane, Washington
Contact:

Post by JoshuaDunlow » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:16 pm

Just want to make sure i understand it, with what i know.

Shouldn't it read:
Ap- Strike 12 [Holy Sword; Extra: Stun 12 , Linked (stun +0)] (1pp)

This alternate power now meets your AP cap of a 36 pp pool. Because all the Extra does, is link two seperate powers together so they can be used in tandom.

Servitor_2152
Zealot
Zealot
Posts: 1006
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:05 pm

Post by Servitor_2152 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:25 pm

JoshuaDunlow wrote:Just want to make sure i understand it, with what i know.

Shouldn't it read:
Ap- Strike 12 [Holy Sword; Extra: Stun 12 , Linked (stun +0)] (1pp)

This alternate power now meets your AP cap of a 36 pp pool. Because all the Extra does, is link two seperate powers together so they can be used in tandom.
I don't see how that's functionally any different from what he's already got written there . . . .
Iron Kingdoms Conversions

Full-Metal Fantasy in Mutants & Masterminds 2E

Locked