Prodigy Duck's Beastiary and More (Allabar)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
ioticus
Bystander
Bystander

Post by ioticus » Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:55 pm

Gothenem wrote:I did a conversion of the 3.5 Players Handbook here: http://legendsandchronicles.pbwiki.com/dndPHB

It includes all the spells.

Note, I updated the equipment yesterday to coincide with Warriors and Warlocks.

Will be doing the classes today.
I notice you have a Rifts conversion and I've been looking all over a Rifts conversion to M&M, but my access it denied. Any chance you could send me what you have? Thanks.

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by prodigyduck » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:36 pm

ioticus wrote:
Gothenem wrote:I did a conversion of the 3.5 Players Handbook here: http://legendsandchronicles.pbwiki.com/dndPHB

I notice you have a Rifts conversion and I've been looking all over a Rifts conversion to M&M, but my access it denied. Any chance you could send me what you have? Thanks.
Paladium Games has a reputation for being sue-happy. They also have a strict "no-conversion" policy for their source material.

Hence, I do not wish to have their wrath come down upon me.

Sorry.
"Terrorism is the tactic of the weak." -Reza Aslan, Muslim Scholar

Mediocrity always attacks excellence.

Please see my MnM Beastiary.

Gothenem
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gothenem » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:06 pm

ioticus wrote:

Indeed. Palladium's no-conversion policy is the reason why the page is access denied for the public. It is only to be used by my local gaming group.

I am sorry, but I will not budge from that position there due to Palladium's online gaming policy and their tendancy to persue legal action against those that break it.

input.jack
Comrade
Comrade

Post by input.jack » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:26 pm

Id tell you what I think of Palladium as a game system, and its creator as a writer and a human being....but I dont want to get banned :wink:
My fingers and my brain work at different speeds. Please forgive my typoes

My Flintlock Fantasy thread
My DC Thread
My Art Thread

bblackmoor
Champion
Champion

Post by bblackmoor » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:42 pm

Gothenem wrote:I am sorry, but I will not budge from that position there due to Palladium's online gaming policy and their tendancy to persue legal action against those that break it.
Palladium has absolutely no legal right to enforce that policy, but the fact that they would even try is enough reason to avoid their products, in my opinion.
Fight rule bloat: stick to the core rules... as much as possible.
Me :: RPG Library

Gothenem
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gothenem » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:10 pm

bblackmoor wrote: Palladium has absolutely no legal right to enforce that policy, but the fact that they would even try is enough reason to avoid their products, in my opinion.
They do have a right to protect their copyrights. Of course, they are going way over-board, but there IS a legal precedent (though they would most likely loose a majority of their cases).

I like their concepts and ideas, so I still get their books for that reason, but otherwise, I am not overly fond of their draconic online policy.

Odd how they are suddenly passing WotC in becoming a modern company, as WotC has now pulled all pdf sales from the market. You can no longer buy pdf's of WotC books. Where Palladium (the dinosaur of the gaming industry) has just taken that step and is beginning to sell their books in pdf format.

Funny dat.

Just noticed that their policy has changed.
Kevin @ Palladium wrote: Palladium Books and its agents can NOT be responsible for any violation of other companies’ or people's rights which you might commit while using Palladium products. For example, if someone combines a Palladium product with another creator's product, thereby infringing the copyright and/or trademark of that other creator, Palladium is NOT responsible. In such a case, it is only fair that the person who commits such a violation is solely responsible for their actions. In addition, the violator is also responsible for any damages that Palladium may suffer because of the violation.

For this reason, we can NOT allow any conversions of Palladium's copyrighted works to other game systems (for example, Rifts® characters using D20 or GURPS stats), nor allow characters and settings from other companies and creators (for example, Marvel Super-Heroes or the Star Wars characters) to be presented/posted using Palladium’s game stats.
A snippit from the new online policy does somewhat point out that they will only go after you if THEY get nailed. Which is a much different story.

This new policy may change things....

hmm. I will need to look it over more.

Captain Africa
Hireling
Hireling

Post by Captain Africa » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:04 am

would there be away to compile this thread into a bookish format such as the 3.5 manual? you guys have quite alot of fortitude to do such a conversion. But its amazing
i think when my friends get bored of mandm i'll tell them we'll play "DnD"

input.jack
Comrade
Comrade

Post by input.jack » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:07 am

Captain Africa wrote:would there be away to compile this thread into a bookish format such as the 3.5 manual? you guys have quite alot of fortitude to do such a conversion. But its amazing
Cut and paste, and a lot of printer ink?

Thats what we did :shock:
My fingers and my brain work at different speeds. Please forgive my typoes

My Flintlock Fantasy thread
My DC Thread
My Art Thread

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by prodigyduck » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:55 pm

input.jack wrote:
Captain Africa wrote:would there be away to compile this thread into a bookish format such as the 3.5 manual? you guys have quite alot of fortitude to do such a conversion. But its amazing

Indeed.

I've had many people ask me if I could compile the beastiary into a book or pdf format.

The fact is, I don't have the tools to do so. I only have Adobe Reader. I don't have the money to afford a program that would allow me to write pdfs. Second... I don't really have the time. I did the beastiary when I had an abundance of free time to fill in my not doing anything. Now that I have a new job and quite a few art commissions, I don't really have the time to compile eveything into a book.

Sorry, folks.

MorningKnight
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by MorningKnight » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:17 pm

prodigyduck wrote:
input.jack wrote:

Indeed.

I've had many people ask me if I could compile the beastiary into a book or pdf format.

The fact is, I don't have the tools to do so. I only have Adobe Reader. I don't have the money to afford a program that would allow me to write pdfs. Second... I don't really have the time. I did the beastiary when I had an abundance of free time to fill in my not doing anything. Now that I have a new job and quite a few art commissions, I don't really have the time to compile eveything into a book.

Sorry, folks.
If I didn't have to type out a handwritten manuscript, I'd use my Openoffice to build a neato little PDF.

'Cuz, OpenOffice can make PDF's.

Bookwyrm
Bystander
Bystander

Post by Bookwyrm » Sun May 03, 2009 7:40 pm

I noticed two monsters from the Monster Manual that you haven't done yet that I would love to see:

Ettercap and Ettin (they're even right next to each other in the MM)

I'd also love to see your take on the Bullywug, Gibberling and Peryton (all of which are in the Monsters of Faerun book).

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by prodigyduck » Tue May 05, 2009 12:47 am

Bookwyrm wrote:I noticed two monsters from the Monster Manual that you haven't done yet that I would love to see:

Ettercap and Ettin (they're even right next to each other in the MM)

I'd also love to see your take on the Bullywug, Gibberling and Peryton (all of which are in the Monsters of Faerun book).
I'll see what I can do.

Right off the top of my head, I am not sure if I can give you a Peryton build. I tried creating one when I was on the roll with the beastiary, and I could not suitably create a heart-eating power that they are supposed to have. I was just as bad with the brain-extraction power for Mind Flayers... these kinds of attacks just don't work properly in M&M.

But I'll see about it.

Inviktus
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Inviktus » Wed May 20, 2009 10:56 pm

prodigyduck wrote:Right off the top of my head, I am not sure if I can give you a Peryton build. I tried creating one when I was on the roll with the beastiary, and I could not suitably create a heart-eating power that they are supposed to have. I was just as bad with the brain-extraction power for Mind Flayers... these kinds of attacks just don't work properly in M&M.
What about linked drains? CON for the heart, INT for the brain? Add incurable to the effects?

dartnet
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post by dartnet » Thu May 21, 2009 7:41 am

Paladium Games has a reputation for being sue-happy. They also have a strict "no-conversion" policy for their source material.

Hence, I do not wish to have their wrath come down upon me.

Sorry.
Paladium's reputation and it's real life actions are not the same thing.
Yes they sued TSR and SJ Games in the early 90's but I have never heard of anyone getting anything but a badly written nasty gram sense then.

bblackmoor
Champion
Champion

Alter Self

Post by bblackmoor » Thu May 21, 2009 6:42 pm

Do slow fade and total fade make sense for Alter Self?
Fight rule bloat: stick to the core rules... as much as possible.
Me :: RPG Library