Prodigy Duck's Beastiary and More (Allabar)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Locked
mancerbear
Mastermind
Mastermind
Posts: 2414
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2004 1:26 am
Location: Federation City, AUSTRALIA

Post by mancerbear » Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:51 pm

prodigyduck wrote:[img] Relics & Rituals: Olympus sourcebook.
May I ask what sourcebook this you speak of? I've been looking on the WotC website and can't find any reference to it at all...

Cheers,
Image

Unknown Soldier
Zealot
Zealot
Posts: 1241
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:24 am
Location: Kan-tuck-ey
Contact:

Post by Unknown Soldier » Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:31 pm

I recently made a wizard who I think is going to use summoning quite a bit. Guess who's thread I'll be using a lot?

input.jack
Comrade
Comrade
Posts: 408
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:53 am
Location: Destination Unknown

Post by input.jack » Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:23 am

mancerbear wrote:
prodigyduck wrote:[img] Relics & Rituals: Olympus sourcebook.
May I ask what sourcebook this you speak of? I've been looking on the WotC website and can't find any reference to it at all...

Cheers,
(Im Prodigyducks room mate)

Its by Sword and Sorcery Studios, and distributed by White Wolf. Its called "Relics & Rituals: Olympus".

They also have a really good "Excalibur" sourcebook too.

I know a lot of people probably passed these up because of the link to White Wolf, but seriously; theyre just the distributor. And regardless of WHO wrote the books...theyre GOOD!

Check them out!

(And no, I dont work for any of these companies. I just liked the books) ;)
My fingers and my brain work at different speeds. Please forgive my typoes

My Flintlock Fantasy thread
My DC Thread
My Art Thread

mancerbear
Mastermind
Mastermind
Posts: 2414
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2004 1:26 am
Location: Federation City, AUSTRALIA

Post by mancerbear » Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:45 am

Thanks input.jack,

After a bit of net searching, I finally stumbled across it :) I have the Excalibur one, and yes it's great. Next in line for me is Olypmus, especially with my players going to get involved in a potentual war between the gods and aliens known as Traxonians :)

Cheers,
Image

Arnwolf
Collaborator
Collaborator
Posts: 343
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:02 pm

Post by Arnwolf » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:49 am

mancerbear wrote:Thanks input.jack,

After a bit of net searching, I finally stumbled across it :) I have the Excalibur one, and yes it's great. Next in line for me is Olypmus, especially with my players going to get involved in a potentual war between the gods and aliens known as Traxonians :)

Cheers,
Could you please provice the link

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind
Posts: 2351
Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:15 pm
Location: A comfortable computer chair
Contact:

Post by prodigyduck » Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:49 pm

Image

GRAY WOMEN (PL 10, Minion 9)

Attributes
STR 19 (+4), DEX 10 (+0), CON 14 (+2), INT 18 (+4), WIS 25 (+7), CHA 10 (+0)

Combat
Attack +6, Damage +4 (unarmed), Defense 16 (Flat-Footed 13), Initiative +0

Saves
TGH +13, Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +12

Feats
Ritualist, Well-Informed

Skills
Concentration 4 (+11), Gather Information 12 (+12), Knowledge: Arcane Lore 9 (+13), Knowledge: History 9 (+13), Knowledge: Religion 9 (+13), Language 4 (Common, Elven, Ignan, Terran [Stygian is native]), Notice 13 (+20)

Powers
Device 2 (Magic Eye; Easy to Remove; Power Feat: Restricted – blind) (7pp)
-- Removes Disability (Blind) Drawback
-- Super-Senses 2 (Darkvision)
Magic 6 (Telekinesis; Power Feat: Alternate Power 6 [select 6 Alternate Powers as “spells”], Subtle) (19pp)
Nullify 5 (all magic effects at once; Extra: Power Resistance [+1]) (15pp)
Protection 11 (11pp)
Super-Senses 4 (Blind-Sense [hearing]) (4pp)

Drawbacks
Disability (Blind [very common, major]) (-5pp)
Power Loss (Magic, if unable to speak or gesture) (-2pp)

Ability Scores: 33, Skills 15, Feats 2, Powers 56, Combat 24, Saves 12, Drawbacks –7 = 135
"Terrorism is the tactic of the weak." -Reza Aslan, Muslim Scholar

Mediocrity always attacks excellence.

Please see my MnM Beastiary.

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind
Posts: 2351
Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:15 pm
Location: A comfortable computer chair
Contact:

Post by prodigyduck » Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:35 pm

Image

NEMEAN LION (PL 9, Minion 8]

Attributes
STR 26 (+8], DEX 16 (+3), CON 17 (+3), INT 9 (-1), WIS 11 (+0), CHA 10 (+0)

Combat
Attack +9 (includes -2 size), Damage +8 (unarmed), Defense 19 (Flat-Footed 13), Initiative +3

Saves
TGH +9, Fort +10, Ref +10, Will +3

Feats
Improved Grab, Improved Overrun, Knockback (unarmed), Power Attack, Split Attack (claws)

Skills
Notice 8 (+8], Stealth 16 (+11)

Powers
Growth 8 (Power Feat: Innate, Extra: Duration – Continuous [+1], Flaw: Permanent [-1]) (25pp)
Immunity 10 (Piercing Weapons, Slashing Weapons; Drawback: Power Loss – vs. other Nemean Lions) (9pp)
Protection 6 (6pp)
Speed 1 (1pp)
Super-Senses 4 (Darkvision, Low-Light Vision, Scent) (4pp)

Drawbacks
Disability (mute [very common, moderate]) (-4pp)
Disability (no hands [very common, moderate]) (-4pp)

Ability Scores: 5, Skills 6, Feats 5, Powers 45, Combat 44, Saves 17, Drawbacks –8 = 114
"Terrorism is the tactic of the weak." -Reza Aslan, Muslim Scholar

Mediocrity always attacks excellence.

Please see my MnM Beastiary.

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind
Posts: 2351
Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:15 pm
Location: A comfortable computer chair
Contact:

Post by prodigyduck » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:24 pm

Image

SCYLLA (PL 17, Minion 21)

Attributes
STR 27 (+8], DEX 14 (+2), CON 22 (+6), INT 11 (+0), WIS 17 (+3), CHA 10 (+0)

Combat
Attack +16 (+18 bite; includes -4 size), Damage +8 (unarmed), Defense 26 (Flat-Footed 16), Initiative +2

Saves
TGH +18, Fort +18, Ref +14, Will +9

Feats
Attack Specialization (bite), Environmental Adaptation (underwater), Improved Critical (bite), Split Attack (bite), Uncanny Dodge (sight)

Skills
Notice 16 (+19), Survival 12 (+15)

Powers
Additional Limbs 3 (6 wolf heads; Power Feat: Innate) (4pp)
Air Control 6 (Extra: Independent [+0], Total Fade [+1]) (18pp)
AP – Water Control 6 (Extra: Independent [+0], Total Fade [+1]) (1p)
Alternate Form 6 (water form) (30pp)
Drain Strength 16 (Power Feat: Slow Fade 6 [1 day], Extra: Linked to bite [+0], Poison [+1]) (38pp)
Enhanced Feat 11 (Minion 11 [Huge Vipers (PL 4), Fanatical, Progression 3 (10 vipers)]; Flaw: Limited – snakes cannot move from Scylla’s body [-1]) (6pp)
Growth 12 (Power Feat: Innate, Extra: Duration – Continuous [+1], Flaw: Permanent [-1]) (37pp)
Impervious Toughness 10 (10pp)
Magic 7 (Plant Control; Power Feat: Alternate Power 7 [select 7 Alternate Powers as “druid spells”]) (21pp)
Protection 12 (12pp)
Super-Senses 6 (Darkvision, Low-Light Vision, Radius Vision, Scent) (6pp)

WATER FORM
Concealment 2 (normal vision; Power Feat: Innate, Flaw: Limited – only while underwater [-1])
Immunity 3 (cold, drowning, high pressure)
Insubstantial 1 (fluid form)
Suffocate 8
Swimming 2

Drawbacks
Power Loss (Magic, if unable to speak or gesture) (-2pp)

Ability Scores: 5, Skills 7, Feats 5, Powers 183, Combat 80, Saves 30, Drawbacks –2 = 308
"Terrorism is the tactic of the weak." -Reza Aslan, Muslim Scholar

Mediocrity always attacks excellence.

Please see my MnM Beastiary.

User avatar
Geraturatu
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
Posts: 510
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:26 pm

Post by Geraturatu » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:32 pm

prodigyduck wrote:Image

SCYLLA (PL 17, Minion 21)

Attributes
STR 27 (+8], DEX 14 (+2), CON 22 (+6), INT 11 (+0), WIS 17 (+3), CHA 10 (+0)

Combat
Attack +16 (+18 bite; includes -4 size), Damage +8 (unarmed), Defense 26 (Flat-Footed 16), Initiative +2

Saves
TGH +18, Fort +18, Ref +14, Will +9

Feats
Attack Specialization (bite), Environmental Adaptation (underwater), Improved Critical (bite), Split Attack (bite), Uncanny Dodge (sight)

Skills
Notice 16 (+19), Survival 12 (+15)

Powers
Additional Limbs 3 (6 wolf heads; Power Feat: Innate) (4pp)
Air Control 6 (Extra: Independent [+0], Total Fade [+1]) (18pp)
AP – Water Control 6 (Extra: Independent [+0], Total Fade [+1]) (1p)
Alternate Form 6 (water form) (30pp)
Drain Strength 16 (Power Feat: Slow Fade 6 [1 day], Extra: Linked to bite [+0], Poison [+1]) (38pp)
Enhanced Feat 11 (Minion 11 [Huge Vipers (PL 4), Fanatical, Progression 3 (10 vipers)]; Flaw: Limited – snakes cannot move from Scylla’s body [-1]) (6pp)
Growth 12 (Power Feat: Innate, Extra: Duration – Continuous [+1], Flaw: Permanent [-1]) (37pp)
Impervious Toughness 10 (10pp)
Magic 7 (Plant Control; Power Feat: Alternate Power 7 [select 7 Alternate Powers as “druid spells”]) (21pp)
Protection 12 (12pp)
Super-Senses 6 (Darkvision, Low-Light Vision, Radius Vision, Scent) (6pp)

WATER FORM
Concealment 2 (normal vision; Power Feat: Innate, Flaw: Limited – only while underwater [-1])
Immunity 3 (cold, drowning, high pressure)
Insubstantial 1 (fluid form)
Suffocate 8
Swimming 2

Drawbacks
Power Loss (Magic, if unable to speak or gesture) (-2pp)

Ability Scores: 5, Skills 7, Feats 5, Powers 183, Combat 80, Saves 30, Drawbacks –2 = 308
Now where did she come from? That just looks evil.

mancerbear
Mastermind
Mastermind
Posts: 2414
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2004 1:26 am
Location: Federation City, AUSTRALIA

Post by mancerbear » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:33 pm

Geraturatu wrote:Now where did she come from? That just looks evil.
She came from Greek Mythology.

Cheers,
Image

User avatar
Geraturatu
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
Posts: 510
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:26 pm

Post by Geraturatu » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:37 pm

Well yes. I know who the Greek Mythology Scylla is. I just wondered where in the DnD realm she came in.

Unknown Soldier
Zealot
Zealot
Posts: 1241
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:24 am
Location: Kan-tuck-ey
Contact:

Post by Unknown Soldier » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:38 pm

I do so love the way that Genzoman draws the female figure.

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind
Posts: 2351
Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:15 pm
Location: A comfortable computer chair
Contact:

Post by prodigyduck » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:05 pm

Unknown Soldier wrote:I do so love the way that Genzoman draws the female figure.
I must agree. He is just an awsome artist.



As to where Scylla came from, She has a desription in the Relics and Rituals: Olympus book; which I have been converting for my roommate, as he is running a Mythic Greek game in Mutants and Masterminds.

As to her background, Scylla was a water nymph who fell i love with a fisherman who used magic to transform into a "sea-god" (I assume this might mean some form of Merfolk). The sorceress Circe desired this sea-god herself and transformed poor Scylla into a horiffic monster (the art is pretty accurate as to how she is described in the Illiad).

Odysseus had to guide his ship between Scylla and the whirlpool monster Charybdis at one point.
"Terrorism is the tactic of the weak." -Reza Aslan, Muslim Scholar

Mediocrity always attacks excellence.

Please see my MnM Beastiary.

User avatar
Geraturatu
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
Posts: 510
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:26 pm

Post by Geraturatu » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:13 pm

Thanks

P.S.: Yeah, I didn't like the movie for that reason. They had the boat taken in the whirlpool instead of showing the island with the sun gods sheep.

Gothenem
Comrade
Comrade
Posts: 411
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:55 am
Location: Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Post by Gothenem » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:11 am

Though it is not Scylla, there are stats for a Scyllan in Stormwrack.

Locked