Prodigy Duck's Beastiary and More (Allabar)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by prodigyduck » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:53 am

PENNY PINCER (PL 10, 193 total pp)

Ability Scores
STR 13 (+1), DEX 12 (+1), CON 12 (+1)
INT 36 (+13), WIS 13 (+1), CHA 12 (+1)

Combat
Attack +8 (+12 crossbow), Damage +1 (unarmed)
Defense 18 (14 flat-footed)
Grapple +9, Initiative +1

Saves
TGH +5 (+1 flat-footed), Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +4

Skills
Bluff 4 (+5), Climb 4 (+5), Computers 8 (+21), Craft: Chemical 12 (+25), Craft: Electronic 4 (+17), Craft: Mechanical 8 (+21), Craft: Structural 4 (+17), Diplomacy 4 (+5), Disable Device 8 (+21), Gather Information 8 (+9), Investigate 8 (+21), Knowledge: History 8 (+21), Knowledge: Life Sciences 12 (+25), Knowledge: Physical Sciences 8 (+21), Knowledge: Technology 8 (+21), Medicine 12 (+13), Survival 4 (+5)

Feats
Attack Specialization 2 (crossbow), Attractive 2, Benefit 4 (Explorers’ Society Member, Wealth 3), Connected, Contacts, Defensive Roll 4, Eidetic Memory, Improved Aim, Inventor, Precise Shot, Skill Mastery (Craft [Chemical, Mechanical], Knowledge [Life Sciences], Medicine)

Powers
Gadgets 10 (easy to remove) (60pp)

Ability Scores 38, Skills 31, Feats 19, Powers 60, Combat 32, Saves 13, Drawbacks –0 = 193

Penny Pinser is Gina's arch-rival in the world of "adventure archaeology." She is in many ways Gina's equal: in intellect, ingenuity, ambition and material resources. A bit more vicious than Gina (though only a little), Penny often goes far out of her way, at great expense, just to show Gina up. The two girls repeatedly run into one another while on the trail of lost treasures and even find themselves competing for the same men. Penny enjoys calling Gina "Gold Digger" to her face, so in response, Gina has come up with the nick-name "Penny Pincher". While her advances towards Kevin "Ace" Koss were being turned aside early, Penny persisted enough that she and Ace are now considered an item.

Adventuring with Gina and Ryan, Penny gained herself a friend and bodyguard in the form of the genetically created harpy named Charlotte. During Gina's finacial troubles, Ace convinced Penny to end her rivalry and she has proven to be a competitive friend ever since.
:!: Penny is very similar to Gina -- they are rivals, after all. Penny is better at Life Sciences and Chemistry, whereas Gina is better at Physical Sciences.

:!: Penny usually has some of her Gadgets points set aside for her Beta-Engine powered Crossbow. She is also a dirty fighter.
"Terrorism is the tactic of the weak." -Reza Aslan, Muslim Scholar

Mediocrity always attacks excellence.

Please see my MnM Beastiary.

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by prodigyduck » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:05 pm

MAELSTROM (PL 14, 274 total pp)

Ability Scores
STR 18 (+4), DEX 18 (+4), CON 18 (+4)
INT 32 (+11), WIS 25 (+7), CHA 32 (+11)

Combat
Attack +9, Damage +4 (unarmed), +18 (spacial-blast)
Defense 19 (14 flat-footed)
Grapple +13, Initiative +8

Saves
TGH +14, Fort +13, Ref +13, Will +10

Skills
Bluff 16 (+27), Concentration 8 (+9), Diplomacy 16 (+27), Intimidate 8 (+19), Knowledge: Arcane Lore 12 (+23), Notice 8 (+9), Sense Motive 16 (+17)

Feats
Distract (Bluff), Fascinate 2 (Bluff, Diplomacy), Fearsome Presence 8 (DC 18, 40-ft.), Improved Initiative, Rage 5 (+12 Strength, +6 Fortitude and Willpower, -2 Defense, 5 Rounds), Ritualist, Second Chance (Diplomacy checks)

Powers
Gravity Control 18 (Extra: Damaging [+1], Selective Attack [+1]) (72pp)
AP – Blast 18 (1pp)
AP – Deflect 9 (all ranged attacks; Extra: Range – Ranged [+1], Reflection [+1], Redirection [+1]) (1pp)
AP – Spatial Control 18 (1pp)
AP – Transform (Mental) 14 (“soul corruption” completely alter target’s mind; Extra: Duration – Continuous [+1], Range – Perception [+1], Flaw: Limited – target must be Friendly, Helpful, or Fanatical [-1]) (1pp)
Growth 2 (Power Feat: Innate, Extra: Duration – Continuous [+1], Flaw: Permanent [-1]) (7pp)
Immunity 3 (Aging, Disease, Sustenance) (3pp)
Protection 10 (Extra: Impervious [+1]) (20pp)

Ability Scores 65, Skills 21, Feats 19, Powers 106, Combat 36, Saves 27, Drawbacks –0 = 274

:!: Maelstrom is one of the most powerful demons encountered in the GD Universe. He has the power to cause destructive waves with his Spacial Manipulation. Maelstrom is also known to corrupt the minds and souls of the good-hearted by presenting them with their most-cherished desire (first through negotiation, then ultimate corruption). Luckily, this guy is trapped in the Tower of the Dragon Pharaoh, where he is powerless alongside his fellow Ancient Evils.

marcoasalazarm
Hero
Hero

Post by marcoasalazarm » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:03 pm

The one on foot.
Bad guy looks at small pistol by PC. Bad guy makes pistol with fingers.
Bad guy-¿"Bang"?.
PC shakes head gravely.
PC (quiet voice)-"Boom".
PC pulls trigger.
Bad guy gets vaporized.

MFeeney
Bystander
Bystander

Post by MFeeney » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:06 pm

Just want to thank you for all the work you have put into this thread thanks to you and the book of magic I am going to try to make one of the characters from my youth :-)
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by prodigyduck » Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:45 am

MFeeney wrote:Just want to thank you for all the work you have put into this thread thanks to you and the book of magic I am going to try to make one of the characters from my youth :-)
Glad to help in any way I can. :)

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Jabroniville » Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:08 am

Penny was always one of my favorite Gold Diggers characters from the early TPBs of my friend's that I read. I was kinda bummed when they shuffled her off to the side (though she obviously came back a bit when fan-favourite character Charlotte was created, being what they call the "Ensemble Darkhorse") alongside Tark & the elf chick whatever her name was.

Which is funny, because I always figured that since she hooked up with the Author Avatar character Ace, that she'd be Fred Perry's favourite female character in true Mary Sue-fashion. But I get the feeling that's not the case.

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by prodigyduck » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:00 am

Jabroniville wrote:Penny was always one of my favorite Gold Diggers characters from the early TPBs of my friend's that I read. I was kinda bummed when they shuffled her off to the side (though she obviously came back a bit when fan-favourite character Charlotte was created, being what they call the "Ensemble Darkhorse") alongside Tark & the elf chick whatever her name was.

Which is funny, because I always figured that since she hooked up with the Author Avatar character Ace, that she'd be Fred Perry's favourite female character in true Mary Sue-fashion. But I get the feeling that's not the case.
Yes and no. Penny is still around, and has been featured in many recent issues. But the fact is that Gina is the main character.

And... Ace realy does look like Fred, doesn't he?

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Jabroniville » Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:48 pm

Sort of. More like Fred without glasses (I think Fred has glasses), and about fourty less pounds of fat on him. :) Which makes his 'black stereotype' like dialogue all the weirder. I'd swear it was racist if a white guy had the sole black male talk like that.

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by prodigyduck » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:14 am

Jabroniville wrote:Sort of. More like Fred without glasses (I think Fred has glasses), and about fourty less pounds of fat on him. :) Which makes his 'black stereotype' like dialogue all the weirder. I'd swear it was racist if a white guy had the sole black male talk like that.
Plenty of white guys talk like that, too... I make fun of them all the time. :D

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by prodigyduck » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:11 pm

When a situation with a fire elemental came up in our game last night, my roommates were telling me that I should rewrite several monsters to appropriately reflect what they are. For example, they felt that the fire elemental should have Insubstantial 3.

I agreed with them but informed them that, for the sake of ease, I just did straight conversions from D&D to M&M. I may have made some alterations here and there for my own take on things, but I tried to remain true to the D&D source material for those who are fans of such.

To make a long story short, they are wanting me to go through the monster manual and re-build a bunch of "proper" monsters. As if I don't already have enough on my table... :twisted:

I'll be keeping the current beastiary as is and just be making new links for my new builds.

I'm really not looking forward to re-writing all those elementals again... :|

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by prodigyduck » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:38 am

SMALL FIRE ELEMENTAL (PL 2, Minion 5)

Attributes
STR 10 (+0), DEX 13 (+1), CON 10 (+0), INT 4 (-3), WIS 11 (+0), CHA 11 (+0)

Combat
Attack +2 (includes +1 size), Damage +0 (unarmed), +1 (burn), Defense 12 (Flat-Footed 11), Initiative +5

Saves
TGH +2, Fort +0, Ref +4, Will +0

Feats
Environmental Adaptation (Elemental Plane of Fire), Grappling Finesse, Improved Initiative

Skills
Notice 4 (+4)

Powers
Affects Corporeal (with Strength [+1]) (1pp)
Immunity 17 (Critical Hits, Paralyze Effects, Poisons, Sleep, Stunning Effects, Suffocation, Sustenance) (17pp)
Insubstantial 3 (fire form; Power Feat: Innate, Extra: Duration – Continuous [+1], Flaw: Permanent [-1]) (16pp)
Protection 3 (3pp)
Shrinking 4 (Power Feat: Innate, Extra: Duration – Continuous [+1], Flaw: Permanent [-1]) (5pp)
Speed 1 (10 mph) (1pp)
Strike 1 (“burn” Power Feat: Innate, Extra: Affects Corporeal [+1], Aura [+1], Duration – Continuous [+3], Flaw: Permanent [-1]) (6pp)
Super-Senses 2 (Darkvision) (2pp)

Drawbacks
Vulnerability (cold damage [uncommon, moderate]) (-2pp)

Ability Scores: 3, Skills 1, Feats 3, Powers 51, Combat 4, Saves 3, Drawbacks –2 = 63

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MEDIUM FIRE ELEMENTAL (PL 4, Minion 6)

Attributes
STR 12 (+1), DEX 17 (+3), CON 14 (+2), INT 4 (-3), WIS 11 (+0), CHA 11 (+0)

Combat
Attack +3, Damage +1 (unarmed), +4 (burn), Defense 13 (Flat-Footed 11), Initiative +8

Saves
TGH +2, Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +1

Feats
Environmental Adaptation (Elemental Plane of Fire), Grappling Finesse, Improved Initiative

Skills
Notice 4 (+4)

Powers
Affects Corporeal (with Strength [+1]) (1pp)
Immunity 17 (Critical Hits, Paralyze Effects, Poisons, Sleep, Stunning Effects, Suffocation, Sustenance) (17pp)
Insubstantial 3 (fire form; Power Feat: Innate, Extra: Duration – Continuous [+1], Flaw: Permanent [-1]) (16pp)
Protection 1 (1pp)
Speed 1 (10 mph) (1pp)
Strike 4 (“burn” Power Feat: Innate, Extra: Affects Corporeal [+1], Aura [+1], Duration – Continuous [+3], Flaw: Permanent [-1]) (21pp)

Drawbacks

Ability Scores 9, Skills 1, Feats 3, Powers 59, Combat 12, Saves 6, Drawbacks –2 = 63

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LARGE FIRE ELEMENTAL (PL 6, Minion 10)

Attributes
STR 14 (+2), DEX 21 (+5), CON 16 (+3), INT 6 (-2), WIS 11 (+0), CHA 11 (+0)

Combat
Attack +5 (includes -1 size), Damage +2 (unarmed), +7 (burn), Defense 15 (Flat-Footed 12), Initiative +9

Saves
TGH +4, Fort +5, Ref +11, Will +2

Feats
Environmental Adaptation (Elemental Plane of Fire), Grappling Finesse, Improved Initiative, Move-By Action

Skills
Notice 8 (+8]

Powers
Affects Corporeal (with Strength [+1]) (2pp)
Growth 4 (Power Feat: Innate, Extra: Duration – Continuous [+1], Flaw: Permanent [-1]) (13pp)
Protection 1 (1pp)
Speed 1 (10 mph) (1pp)
Strike 7 (“burn” Power Feat: Innate, Extra: Affects Corporeal [+1], Aura [+1], Duration – Continuous [+3], Flaw: Permanent [-1]) (36pp)

Drawbacks

Ability Scores 7, Skills 2, Feats 4, Powers 92, Combat 24, Saves 10, Drawbacks –2 = 137

HUGE FIRE ELEMENTAL (PL 12, Minion 14)

Attributes
STR 18 (+4), DEX 25 (+7), CON 18 (+4), INT 6 (-2), WIS 11 (+0), CHA 11 (+0)

Combat
Attack +10 (includes -2 size), Damage +4 (unarmed), +12 (burn), Defense 20 (Flat-Footed 14), Initiative +11

Saves
TGH +4, Fort +9, Ref +17, Will +5

Feats
Environmental Adaptation (Elemental Plane of Fire), Grappling Finesse, Improved Initiative, Move-By Action

Skills
Notice 12 (+12)

Powers
Affects Corporeal (with Strength [+1]) (4pp)
Growth 8 (Power Feat: Innate, Extra: Duration – Continuous [+1], Flaw: Permanent [-1]) (25pp)
Impervious Toughness 4 (4pp)
Speed 1 (10 mph) (1pp)
Strike 12 (“burn” Power Feat: Innate, Extra: Affects Corporeal [+1], Aura [+1], Duration – Continuous [+3], Flaw: Permanent [-1]) (61pp)

Drawbacks

Ability Scores 9, Skills 3, Feats 4, Powers 130, Combat 48, Saves 20, Drawbacks –2 = 212

GREATER FIRE ELEMENTAL (PL 15, Minion 17)

Attributes
STR 20 (+5), DEX 27 (+8], CON 18 (+4), INT 6 (-2), WIS 11 (+0), CHA 11 (+0)

Combat
Attack +13 (+15 unarmed; includes -2 size), Damage +5 (unarmed), +14 (burn), Defense 23 (Flat-Footed 15), Initiative +12

Saves
TGH +8, Fort +11, Ref +20, Will +7

Feats
Attack Specialization (unarmed), Blind-Fight, Environmental Adaptation (Elemental Plane of Fire), Grappling Finesse, Improved Initiative, Move-By Action

Skills
Notice 16 (+16)

Powers
Affects Corporeal (with Strength [+1]) (5pp)
Growth 8 (Power Feat: Innate, Extra: Duration – Continuous [+1], Flaw: Permanent [-1]) (25pp)
Impervious Toughness 8 (8pp)
Protection 4 (4pp)
Speed 1 (10 mph) (1pp)
Strike 14 (“burn” Power Feat: Innate, Extra: Affects Corporeal [+1], Aura [+1], Duration – Continuous [+3], Flaw: Permanent [-1]) (71pp)

Drawbacks

Ability Scores 9, Skills 4, Feats 6, Powers 149, Combat 60, Saves 26, Drawbacks –2 = 252

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ELDER FIRE ELEMENTAL (PL 18, Minion 19)

Attributes
STR 22 (+6), DEX 29 (+9), CON 18 (+4), INT 6 (-2), WIS 11 (+0), CHA 11 (+0)

Combat
Attack +16 (+18 unarmed; includes -2 size), Damage +6 (unarmed), +16 (burn), Defense 26 (Flat-Footed 17), Initiative +13

Saves
TGH +8, Fort +12, Ref +23, Will +8

Feats
Attack Specialization (unarmed), Blind-Fight, Environmental Adaptation (Elemental Plane of Fire), Grappling Finesse, Improved Initiative, Move-By Action

Skills
Notice 20 (+20)

Powers
Affects Corporeal (with Strength [+1]) (6pp)
Impervious Toughness 8 (8pp)
Protection 4 (4pp)
Speed 1 (10 mph) (1pp)
Strike 16 (“burn” Power Feat: Innate, Extra: Affects Corporeal [+1], Aura [+1], Duration – Continuous [+3], Flaw: Permanent [-1]) (81pp)

Drawbacks

Ability Scores 13, Skills 5, Feats 6, Powers 160, Combat 72, Saves 30, Drawbacks –2 = 284

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by prodigyduck » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:08 pm

KRAKEN (PL 16, Minion 19)

Attributes
STR 34 (+12), DEX 10 (+0), CON 29 (+9), INT 21 (+5), WIS 20 (+5), CHA 20 (+5)

Combat
Attack +16 (includes -4 size), Damage +12 (unarmed), Defense 16 (Flat-Footed 11), Initiative +4

Saves
TGH +14, Fort +21, Ref +12, Will +11

Feats
Blind-Fight, Improved Initiative

Skills
Concentration 16 (+21), Diplomacy 2 (+7), Intimidate 5 (+16), Knowledge: Geography 12 (+17), Knowledge: Nature 11 (+16), Language 1 (Common [Aquan is native]), Notice 21 (+26), Search 20 (+25), Sense Motive 12 (+17), Stealth 12 (+0), Swim 8 (+20)

Powers
Enhanced Feat 19 (Minion – Tentacles [PL 8], Fanatical, Progression 3) (19pp)
Environmental Control 11 (“control weather” mix-and-match environments [up to 4pp/rank; 2-mile radius]; Power Feat: Slow Fade 4 [1 hour/pp], Extra: Independent [+0], Total Fade [+1], Flaw: Action – Full-Round [-1], Range – Touch [-1], Drawback: Action – 5 minutes [-2pp]) (35pp)
AP – Air Control 10 (“control winds” Power Feat: Slow Fade 2 [5 minute/pp], Extra: Area – Cylinder [+1], Independent [+0], Total Fade [+1], Flaw: Range – Ranged [-1]) (1pp)
AP – Animal Control 8 (“dominate animal” Power Feat: Mental Link, Extra: Independent [+0], Total Fade [+1], Flaw: Action – Full-Round [-1]) (1pp)
AP – Impervious Toughness 10 (“resist energy” Power Feat: Slow fade 2 [5 minutes/pp], Extra: Affects Others [+1], Independent [+0], Total Fade [+1], Flaw: Duration – Sustained [+1], Limited – Energy Only [-1]) (1pp)
Growth 12 (Power Feat: Innate, Extra: Duration – Continuous [+1], Flaw: Permanent [-1]) (37pp)
Obscure 5 (“ink cloud” visual [100-ft. radius]; Extra: Independent [+0], Flaw: Limited – only underwater [-1]) (5pp)
Protection 6 (6pp)
Super-Senses 7 (Darkvision, Low-Light Vision, Mind Link - Tentacles [Progression 3]) (7pp)
Swimming 4 (25 mph) (4pp)

Drawbacks
Disability (no hands [very common, moderate]) (-4pp)

Ability Scores: 38, Skills 30, Feats 2, Powers 116, Combat 60, Saves 30, Drawbacks –4 = 272

:!: A recent kraken encounter in my roommate's Flintlock Fantasy game spawned this re-write. The battle was very one-sided. A broadside or two of cannons took the beastie down rather fast. The GM suggested I re-write the kraken with tentacles as Minions to better simulate the attack of the kraken from Pirates of the Carribean.
KRAKEN TENTACLES (PL 14, Minion 8]
STR 34 (+12), DEX 10 (+0), CON 29 (+9), INT -- (--), WIS 20 (+5), CHA -- (--)
COMBAT: Attack +8 [+16 unarmed] (+10 base, -2 size), Damage +12 (unarmed), Defense +8 (+10 base, -2 size), Grapple +28, Initiative +4
SAVES: TGH +9, Fort +18, Ref +9, Will +9
Skills: Notice 20 (+25)
Feats: Attack Specialization 4 (unarmed), Chokehold, Improved Critical (unarmed), Improved Grab, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip
Powers: (4) Elongation 4 (60-ft. reach)
(25) Growth 8 (Power Feat: Innate, Extra: Duration – Continuous [+1], Flaw: Permanent [-1])
(2) Super-Movement 1 (Slithering)
(4) Super-Senses 4 (Mind Link – Kraken, Tremorsense)
Drawbacks: (1) Disability (blind [uncommon, minor])
(4) Disability (mute [very common, moderate])
(4) Disability (no hands [very common, moderate])
Power Points: Abilities 9, Skills 4, Feats 9, Powers 35, Combat 40, Saves 22, - Drawbacks 9 = 110

kipling
Superhero
Superhero

Post by kipling » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:21 pm

Okay, dumb question. What are the tradeoffs on the pixie? (It's here:http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopi ... 041#384041)

The reason I ask is that it's given as a PL5 character, but the Illusion 9 and the Nullify 8 would seem to make it a higher PL: maybe 9 (I can't remember if illusion forces a save) or 8 (because I think Nullify forces a power save, which isn't one of the canonical types, so maybe I'm wrong...)

Anyway: I'm trying to scale the pixie correctly to be PL8 (I'm doing a specific creature from Faery, Oberon to be precise, though I have him as a pixie). To do that, I have to figure out why he's PL5.

Thanks.
Stories: Occult Investigation, Freedom City, Listening to the Universe
Not sick now, the tumour is out--thanks for wondering!

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by prodigyduck » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:34 pm

kipling wrote:Okay, dumb question. What are the tradeoffs on the pixie? (It's here:http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopi ... 041#384041)

The reason I ask is that it's given as a PL5 character, but the Illusion 9 and the Nullify 8 would seem to make it a higher PL: maybe 9 (I can't remember if illusion forces a save) or 8 (because I think Nullify forces a power save, which isn't one of the canonical types, so maybe I'm wrong...)

Anyway: I'm trying to scale the pixie correctly to be PL8 (I'm doing a specific creature from Faery, Oberon to be precise, though I have him as a pixie). To do that, I have to figure out why he's PL5.

Thanks.
No, this was a foul on my part. Given the Ranks of the Pixie's Illusion power, it would be a PL 9 monster.

Illusions do allow for a Will Save, but only if someone interacts with the illusion.

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Libra » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:15 am

Keep up the good work, Duck! :D
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Rule Brittania! Praise the Hoff and the Grin!

Warning!: May cause Thread Drift.