Nareik123: Isaac Clarke actually finished!

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
AmericanYeti
Daredevil
Daredevil

Post by AmericanYeti » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:36 pm

I'd be totally willing to help. I love the 41st millennium. I already have a space marine build on my thread, the Yeti's Den (check my sig). PM me if you like it and you want to work together.

EDIT: Just noticed that you already checked it out at pretty much the same time I posted this. Cool.
AmericanYeti: Evolution

Come and enter the Yeti's Den!
Geekery wrote:If life gives you lemons, build NPCs.

Nareik123
Zealot
Zealot

Domino? An Assassin? Pah, let me show you Assassins.

Post by Nareik123 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:57 pm

I just read Domino, apparently a super Assassin of unearthly beauty and grace.

Beauty i'll give her, best Assassin...

I can not ignore this challenge. Well, the Inquisition won't. So Domino, lets see you fight.

A Vindicare Assassin!

Nareik123
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Nareik123 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:53 pm

ROUND 1!

Domino VS Vindicare Assassin

VS

Squad combat will wait. Too many people to keep track off unless people volunteer to help run combats. Besides, Domino's cute, but is she good enough.

However, might I make another request? Can I use an already posted profile of Domino. I know more about her, but I don't want to make her rubbish.

If you are willing for me to use Domino's profile, please PM me.

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Libra » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:08 am

This could be an interesting match-up. . .
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Rule Brittania! Praise the Hoff and the Grin!

Warning!: May cause Thread Drift.

Nareik123
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Nareik123 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:11 am

Oh Holy and Mighty Libra. :P

Does Domino have heat vision, or some gadget like that. I fear she might need it as the Vindicare is in possession of a stealth suit. :)

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Libra » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:30 am

Now, now, 'Mighty and Majestic' Libra will do nicely. I don't claim divinity, merely Ubiquity. 8)
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Rule Brittania! Praise the Hoff and the Grin!

Warning!: May cause Thread Drift.

Nareik123
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Nareik123 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:32 am

Well Libra, does she have something to by pass camoflague? she'd be screwed otherwise.

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by catsi563 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:18 pm

yeah luck and notice checks
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563

Nareik123
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Nareik123 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:10 pm

Here is Domino's Profile

NOTE: Special Thanks to MDSnowman, who gave me permission to use his build for Domino.

Here is the Vindicares profile.
Last edited by Nareik123 on Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nareik123
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Nareik123 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:41 am

Once again, a lack on inspiration hits. It probably is due to exams and being slaughtered by constant Cadet parades, but unfortunately, i'm pretty rubbish at this. :(

So, time to take some inspiration from my recent game. Some INSANE build for the ACU from supreme commander. (PL stupid anybody? Strike 100 step attack? Basically, something you DON'T want to fight without backup)
Demacia! (Garen, The Might of Demacia)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nareik123s Heroes

Nareik123
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Nareik123 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:07 am

You know what? I owe everybody a spectacle, and I put a lot of thought into making the Assassin. So, sorry if it hacks people off, but the fight WILL be going ahead.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nareik123s Heroes

Nareik123
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Nareik123 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:45 am

Vindicare Assassin

Name: Vindicare Assassin
Hand: Various

Attributes (26pp)
STR: 12 (+1)
DEX: 20 (+5)
CON: 14 (+2)
INT: 14 (+2)
WIS: 14 (+2)
CHA: 10 (+0)

Combat: (22pp)
Attack: 6
Defence: 5

Saves:
Toughness: +10 (+6 Defensive roll) (+2 Con) (+2 Protection)
Fortitude: +2
Reflex: +5
Will: +2

Skills: (36pp)
Acrobatics 3 (+17)
Climb 3 (+13)
Concentration 3 (+14)
Escape Artist 3 (+17)
Gather Information 3 (+12)
Intimidate 3 (+12)
Knowledge: Current Events 3 (+14)
Notice 3 (+14)
Profession: Assassin 3 (+14)
Search 3 (+14)
Sleight of Hand 3 (+17)
Stealth 3 (+17)

Feats: (27pp+)
Accurate Attack
Acrobatic Bluff
Ambi dexterity
Attack specialization 2 (Exitus Rifle)
Contacts
Defensive roll (6)
Dodge Focus (5)
Equipment
Evasion
Fearless
Fearsome presence
Hide in plain sight
Improved Aim
Improved Critical
Improved Initiative
Quick Draw
Sneak attack
Uncanny Dodge

Powers:
Exitus Rifle (Device 5: Easy to Lose) (15pp)
Blast: 8 (Feat: Improved range 2, Extra: Penetrating, Flaw: Full round, Flaw: Distracting, Limited: 5 shots before full round action to reload) (22pp+3pp)
AP: Strike 3
AP: Fatigue 8 (Feat: Improved Range 2, Flaw: Full round, Flaw: Distracting, Limited: 5 shots before full round action to reload)
AP: Nauseate 8 (Feat: Improved Range 2, Flaw: Full round, Flaw: Distracting, Limited: 5 shots before full round action to reload)

Exitus Pistol (Device 4: Easy to Lose) (12pp)
Blast 6 (Feat: Homing, Feat: Ricochet, Extra: Penetrating, Limited: 5 shots before full round action to reload) (18pp)
AP: Strike 3
AP: Suffocate 5 (Feat: Homing, Extra: Touch to ranged, Limited: 5 shots before full round action reload)

Stealth Suit (Device: Hard to Lose) (12pp)
Protection 2
Concealment (All Visual Senses, Blend) (7pp)
Super senses (Dark vision, Infra red vision, Distance sense, Direction Sense, Communication Link (Helmet Vox)) (6pp)

Equipment (7/7)
PDA
Digital Audio Recorder
Mini tracer
Knife
Binoculars

Abilities (26pp) + Combat (22pp) + Saves (00pp) + Skills (36pp) + Feats (27pp) + Powers (39pp) = 150

Designer Notes:

The most complex build of mine to date. As you can see, the Assassin has a really nice opener. The, he must relocate. If the Assassin becomes flat footed, he dies. Pretty simple really. He also has a lot of information gathering skills, as the service of the Assassin is reserved for the death of important enemies. His invisibility is very important to avoid return fire and stop people running into hand to hand. (you can't strike something you can't see)
Nareik123s Heroes

Nareik123
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Nareik123 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:12 am

When the Hunter is Hunted...

Backstory

The bush rustled as Corporal James McAvoy slowly pressed forward, his trusty SA-80 pressed tight to his shoulder as to his right, Sergeant Eduardo Alvarez, covered his right angle. He hated the jungle, and He chuckled at how the Tomb boy esque woman, known as Danielle Heart, dropped onto her right knee. He pressed forward slowly, heading towards the wreck of a vehicle that crashed a couple of hours ago.
"Sergeant, I don't like this" James warned. he scanned the area as the Sergeant caught up with him.
"Corporal, go ahead towards the crash site and give me a sit rep" Eduardo ordered.
"With all due respect sir, I thought you liked the honour of being the first on the scene" countered James. He thought Eduardo was going to hit him, but the sergeant nodded. Slowly, Eduardo crept forward, his four man squad forming up behind him into a semi circle, covering the front 180 degrees to give Eduardo a good cover of lead if things got nasty.

Eduardo stepped into the clearing and stood up, his weapon swinging left and right. He squinted through the sun light, but failed to see anything threatening. Eduardo lowered his weapon as he signaled for his squad to form up to him as he looked at the crashed junk. He placed a hand on a handle that was connected to a loose hanging door and swung it backward and forward to test it. He then looked angry and kicked the wreck.
"Waste of bloody time!" Eduardo shouted. He turned to face his men.
"Alright, lets go home" Eduardo ordered, when suddenly the back of his head exploded.

James was drenched in blood as he felt horror at Eduardo's sudden death, for the shot was so precise, that nobody could have survived it. The squad, having fought and survived in the Iraq war, instantly took to ground and readied themselves for combat. James could taste the adrenaline in the air as he pumped himself full of it, eager for combat with pathetic jungle militia.
"Jones, go left around the ship, Danielle go right, Mac and me go center" James, the next highest rank in the squad, ordered. He readied himself as he heard movement to the right and saw Mac psyche himself up. He strained to hear, but he could hear no movement to his left.
"Goddamn it trooper, now is not the time to-" James snapped as he spun around, only to see that Private Jones had a hole in his face. He resisted puking, having seen bodies blown to pieces through landmines and suicide bombs. But still, it was unnerving.

"Squad, pull back" James growled down his comn link in his helmet, slapping Macs helmet twice. He knew that he couldn't fight this ghost alone, not without serious weapons and firepower.
"Jeez sarge" Mac whimpered, forcing Jones to think things were bad. Mac was a hardened veteran, him and Danielle being in this squad since James was a private.
"What is it?" James hissed, backing away, "Danielle, get your ass down here!"
"This dude killing us has watched predator too many times!" Mac whimpered. Then, he lost his discipline. Suddenly, he aimed at the tree line and fired on fully automatic, spraying left and right. James yelled at him to hold his fire, but Mac ignored the corporal, his panic and fear having taken root. Jones felt a tap to his leg and span around, firing on full auto. He was horrified, for he hit not the hunter, but tore through the flak jacket of Danielle Heart. James thought he had killed her, but noticed an expertly placed round to the head. He heard a cry next to him, but before he could turn, he felt a pistol barrel against his head.
"Your friend is dead, you will follow if you do not hand me information" A raspy voice threatened. James could hear loud breathing of non organic, either meaning that his capture was wearing a mask, or he wasn't human at all. Or both.

"I need to know about a mutant known as Domino, apparently shes skilled in using a sniper rifle. I intend to prove her she is wrong" The raspy voice growled. James knew he had fouled himself in utmost fear, and he broke.
"This uh, this woman your looking for. She is a good shot. Yes, best in the army" James babbled.
"Where does she go? You will list me her schedule" the voice growled. James felt tears.
"I don't know" he admitted.

The birds took flight as in the forest, a single gun shot penetrated the silence. An assassin of almost unparalleled skill had arrived, and he was after blood...
Nareik123s Heroes

Nareik123
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Nareik123 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:36 am

Pre Match Information

The Assassin will be attacking Domino in either a warehouse or a street. Since he does not know where Domino is, he will have to rely on his client to tell him. Shes pretty secret, so it is a DC25 Gather Information check.
DC25 Gather Information check. Passed on a 26.
The barren streets is where the Assassin will find Domino. However, Domino has a chance to foil the Assassin by spotting him. However, it is exceptionally hard to see the Assassin thanks to his Camo suit, so it is a DC30 notice check.
Do not forget that Domino is not expecting combat.
DC30 Notice check.
Failed on a 23.
So the Assassin has the drop on Domino, he gets a surprise round on his half.

And so, the battle begins...

Round 1!

The Assassin crouched as he lined his cross hairs of his Exitus Rifle to match his target. He smiled to himself as he readied himself for combat once again, the sixth victim in one day. He growled as he saw the woman. She was beautiful, but the Assassin saw a lot of weapons on her. As she walked closer, he brought his rifle around. With a smile, he squeezed the trigger.
The Vindicare Assassin fires his Exitus rifle at Domino. Since Domino is flat footed, the Assassin needs a 2 and above for his Exitus Rifle.
He (unsurprisingly) Hits.

Domino Requires a DC23 Toughness save. Domino fluffs it bad! She uses a Hero point to check again. She is bruised, but Domino decides that she won't risk another Hero point to try and escape unscathed.

Domino is down to 3 Hero Points, and has a -1 to other toughness saves.
Domino dives behind a bin and raises her sniper rifle. She glanced around, desperately trying to find the Vindicare Assassin.
Domino failed her DC check but she spends another Hero point to check again. Despite her efforts, she still fails!

Now Domino is down to 2 hero points.
She fails to see him, and instead stands on overwatch.

Round 2

The assassin raises his Exitus rifle, ready to blam another hole into Domino's forehead. He raised his rifle to his shoulders, but stares through the scope to increases his accuracy. He would triumph through patience!
The Vindicare Assassin will Aim.
Domino still tries to spot the Assassin. She doesn't quite spot him, she hunkers down, trying to avoid being shot.
Domino fails a notice check, Barely! She activates defensive attack, for -5 Attack and +5 Dodge.
Round 3

The Assassin, with patience, fires his second round. He looks shocked as the round slammed into the cover Domino hugged. The bullet pings off Harmlessly.
The Assassin misses his next shot. He starts to aim again.

Domino keeps down, quickly looking over to try and find the darn assassin!
Domino yet again failsthe check. Perhaps DC 30 to spot the assassin was a bit too harsh....
She uses Defensive attack again for +5 Dodge.
Round 4

Two shots to go. The assassin, decided, to remain behind after his fifth shot would truly be unwise. Holding his breath, he aims again, trying to get the female in any place possible. He smiled as his round slammed into the female.
The Vindicare shot hits and Damages for a DC18 Toughness check, the Accurate attack lowering his Damage by 5.

Domino fails again! For a lucky woman, she isn't exactly that lucky. She burns another Hero point in re-rolling that, which she passes easily.

Domino is down to one Hero point!
Domino tries to spot the Assassin again! She catches a glimpse of the Sniper! This time, she raises her Sniper rifle to aim at the assassin, determined to get a vengeance shot off.
Domino hits the assassin if cover doesn't save him. Which it doesn't. In one shot, Domino has nailed the Assassin!
There is no Round 5. Domino has won the sniper duel!
Last edited by Nareik123 on Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nareik123
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Nareik123 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:21 pm

I know nobodies really interested, but I actually got off my fat lazy ass to add another 2 full and one half rounds.
Nareik123s Heroes