Input Jacks Write-ups (Kryptonians, Batman update)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
input.jack
Comrade
Comrade

Re: Input Jacks Write-ups (Kryptonians, Batman update)

Post by input.jack » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:20 pm

Nite_Owl wrote:Looking at your build, it's hard to see anything that's definitely too much -it's just really comprehensive. Well, except for the Abilities. I think those could stand to be dropped by 2 across the board, or so. Possibly more. He's Batman, not Doc Savage.
I strive for completeness...which is why my builds come out expensive.

About the Doc Savage thing....aaaaaaaactually he kind of IS Doc Savage. This isnt Batman as he is now in the comics; having crested 40 and while mentally at his peak, physically starting to slow down. The sheet I wrote is for Batman in his mid 30s. Hes at his physical prime. If you watch the Justice League and JLU animated series, thats the Batman Im shooting for.

You know, the guy Superman called "the most dangerous human being on the planet".

Hence....expensive :shock:

;)
My fingers and my brain work at different speeds. Please forgive my typoes

My Flintlock Fantasy thread
My DC Thread
My Art Thread

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Post by Thorpacolypse » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:33 pm

input.jack wrote:
Nite_Owl wrote:Looking at your build, it's hard to see anything that's definitely too much -it's just really comprehensive. Well, except for the Abilities. I think those could stand to be dropped by 2 across the board, or so. Possibly more. He's Batman, not Doc Savage.
I strive for completeness...which is why my builds come out expensive.

About the Doc Savage thing....aaaaaaaactually he kind of IS Doc Savage. This isnt Batman as he is now in the comics; having crested 40 and while mentally at his peak, physically starting to slow down. The sheet I wrote is for Batman in his mid 30s. Hes at his physical prime. If you watch the Justice League and JLU animated series, thats the Batman Im shooting for.

You know, the guy Superman called "the most dangerous human being on the planet".

Hence....expensive :shock:

;)
That Batman you describe is usually where I shoot for. I think i have him at about 37 in my setting. It's easy to get out of hand with Batman. You can build him from 135pp (for a Year One version) on up to 300pp and still not be "wrong', just depends on what feel and how complete you want your Batman.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

input.jack
Comrade
Comrade

Post by input.jack » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:10 am

Im thinking of asking the others in the group to help split the cost of the Batcave and the vehicles, so that Batman doesnt have to bear it all himself.

Might help.

Im also going to be going back over his build again and see if there are things I can trim without losing "completeness" to a point that will make me unhappy.

My DC Thread
My Art Thread

input.jack
Comrade
Comrade

Post by input.jack » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:32 pm

I still live. Ill hopefully be posting some write-ups soon (ish)

My DC Thread
My Art Thread

input.jack
Comrade
Comrade

Post by input.jack » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:32 am

Aaaaaand the game schedule turns, yet again. Now Im running a Star Trek Original Series game....

My DC Thread
My Art Thread

input.jack
Comrade
Comrade

Post by input.jack » Tue May 04, 2010 1:35 pm

With the recent announcement of M&M and DC Comics collaborating to release DCU books for the game, Ill likely be using those for the most part once they come out. Im really looking forward to it :D

My DC Thread
My Art Thread

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Post by Thorpacolypse » Tue May 04, 2010 6:56 pm

input.jack wrote:With the recent announcement of M&M and DC Comics collaborating to release DCU books for the game, Ill likely be using those for the most part once they come out. Im really looking forward to it :D
I can't believe I missed that! I wonder what that means, if anything for all our DC conversions?!?!? Hey, maybe I can submit an Ambush Bug for consideration! :mrgreen:

Makes me curious where they stat the DC big guns for the setting...
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

input.jack
Comrade
Comrade

Post by input.jack » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:14 am

THREAD NECROMANCY!

Hello again. If anyones reading this, Ive decided to re-boot my DC campaign in DC Adventures. And while youd THINK that this would mean that I wouldnt need to do any write-ups....I cant leave well enough alone.

After looking over the Heroes and Villains books, and thinking about it a lot, Ive decided that for me, everything seems a wee bit too powerful. I like the DCAU power scale, and with that in mind, I think that (for example) Batman in the Justice League would probably work better at about PL 10. Wonder woman at about PL 12. Superman at 12-14 (he typically operates "under par", making him seem equal to Wonder Woman, but when he kicks it into high gear hes literally the most powerful hero on Earth).

So Im wondering if theres any interest in my posting these write-ups, or if people would rather just use the ones in the books. (Which are excellent, but I just think the current comics incarnations are a wee overpowered for the campaign Im wanting to run).

My DC Thread
My Art Thread

Scrollreader
Hireling
Hireling

Post by Scrollreader » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:56 pm

I am always up for more builds! (And agree with you regarding power levels, mostly). I might leave Supes at PL 13, though. Damage/Toughness shifts already make bricks more effective than balanced characters or accuracy/defense shifting. But that is just quibbling. Bring on the DCAU builds.

input.jack
Comrade
Comrade

Post by input.jack » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:27 pm

Ive been planning to try to arrange it so that Superman will typically operate at a "mere" PL 10-11, but be able to kick it up when need arises.

A friend of mine has devised a system where, if you do big damage, you still run a risk of hurting someone unless you "pull". If I can get a copy of his rules to read, I may post them here (with his permission, of course), and then write Superman so that he will have to "pull" most of the time, but against oh, say...Darkseid...for example...he can cut loose! ;)

My DC Thread
My Art Thread