Pierced Geek stats the Guardians of the Galaxy, S.W.O.R.D.

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Pierced Geek
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Pierced Geek stats the Guardians of the Galaxy, S.W.O.R.D.

Postby Pierced Geek » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:49 pm

Peter Quill - Star-Lord : PL 11

Str 18 Dex 18 Con 16 Int 14 Wis 16 Chr 16

Toughness +11 /+5* Fortitude +10 (7) Reflex +12 (8) Will +11 (8)
* without uniform

Attack +9 /+13 ranged
Damage +8 firearms / +9 vs favoured opponents /+4 unarmed
Defense 21 (15 flat-footed)
Initiative +4

Skills
Bluff +11 (8), Computers +6 (4), Diplomacy +9 (6), Gather Information +9 (6), Knowledge [Civics] +6 (4), Knowledge [Current Events] +12 (10), Knowledge [Streetwise] +8 (6), Knowledge [Tactics] +8 (6), Notice +9 (6), Pilot +12 (8)

Feats
All-Out Attack, Ambidexterity, Assessment, Attack Focus [Ranged] x4, Benefit (Status), Defensive Roll x2, Distract [Bluff], Enviromental Adaption [Zero Gravity], Equipment x11, Favoured Opponent x2 [Negative Zone Bugs, Phalanx], Inspire x3, Jack of All Trades, Leadership, Move-by Action, Precise Shot, Quick Draw, Seize Initiative, Set-Up, Taunt, Ultimate Effort [Save: Will], Well-Informed

Equipment
- Sidearms: Blast x8 (Extras: Autofire) (24 ep)
- Translator: Comprehend [Languages, Speak and Understand] (Flaw: Broad Type [Common Galactic Languages]) (2 ep)
- Subspace Commlink: Communicaton x20 (Power Feat: Selective) (21 ep)
- Knowhere Passport: Teleport x20 (Flaws: Long-Range, Action: 1 Minute, Limited [Only To And From Knowhere])(Power Feat: Change Velocity) (6 ep)

Powers
Device [hard to lose] x3 (12 pp)
- Uniform: Immunity x9 [Life Support], Protection x6

Tradeoffs: Attack/Save - +2/-2

Power Points: Abilities 36 + Saves 23 + Combat 40 + Skills 16 + Feats 38 + Powers 12 = 165 Total

08.10.2009 - A revision of Star-Lord. I bumped him up to PL 11, and added a few Feats. I didn't want to make his firearms any more powerful than they already are by themselves, so I made both the Phalanx and Annihilus' forces favoured opponents to reflect his involvement in combating the Annihilation Wave and the Conquest of the Kree territories.
Last edited by Pierced Geek on Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:48 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Punching For Justice - It's a podcast devoted to superhero gaming and Mutants & Masterminds 3e
Kyle Reads Alpha Flight - A distinctly Canadian look at comics' premiere team of Canadian superheroes. Also: swearing and dick jokes.

Sand Fox
Firebrand
Firebrand

Re: Pierced Geek's Character Thread

Postby Sand Fox » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:56 pm

Welcome to the Atomic Think Tank, Pierced Greek. This Star-Lord character is quite interesting. Will we get to see a back-story on him, sometime? Very good work, nonetheless. I hope to see more of your builds, soon.

Sincerely, Sand Fox
"Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:
For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.
"

James 1: 19-20

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arthur Eld » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:58 pm

Nice build of Pete, PG. I guess he doesn't haev those implants anymore, huh? I should go back and edit my version...

Pierced Geek
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Pierced Geek » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:09 pm

Rocket Raccoon : PL 11

Str 8 Dex 20 Con 10 Int 18 Wis 16 Cha 14

Toughness +9 /+4* Fortitude +5 (5) Reflex +13 (8) Will +8 (5)
* without uniform

Attack +5 /+9 ranged
Damage +13 grenade /+10 artillery /-1 unarmed
Defense 23 (14 flat-footed)
Initiative +9

Skills
Acrobatics +9 (4), Bluff +10 (8), Climb +2 (4), Computers +12 (8), Craft [Chemical] +10 (6), Craft [Electronic] +12 (8), Disable Device +12 (8), Knowledge [Tactics] +20 (16), Notice +11 (8), Pilot +11 (6), Sense Motive +9 (6), Stealth +13 (4), Survival +9 (6)

Feats
Ambidexterity, Assessment, Attack Focus [Ranged] x4, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll x4, Distract [Bluff], Dodge Focus x4, Enviromental Adaptation [Zero Gravity], Equipment x19, Evasion x2, Improved Initiative, Improvised Tools, Jack-of-All-Trades, Master Plan, Redirect, Set-Up , Skill Mastery [Disable Device, Knowledge [Tactics], Pilot, Stealth], Teamwork x3, Uncanny Dodge x3 (visual, auditory, olfactory)

Equipment
- Heavy Artillery: Blast x10 (Extras: Autofire) (30 ep)
- Number Six Special - Grenade: Strike x13 (Power Feat: Progression x9 [reduced area] Thrown) (Extras: Area [Explosion]) (36 ep)
- Translator: Comprehend [Languages, Speak and Understand] (Flaw: Broad Type [Common Galactic Languages]) (2 ep)
- Knowhere Passport: Teleport x20 (Flaws: Long-Range, Action: 1 Minute, Limited [Only To And From Knowhere])(Power Feat: Change Velocity) (6 ep)

Powers
Device (hard to lose) x2 (12 pp)
- Uniform: Immunity x9 [Life Support], Protection x6
Shrinking x4 (Flaw: Permanent) (2 pp)

Complication
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

Tradeoffs: Attack/Save -2/+2, Defense/Toughness +2/-2

Power Points: Abilities 30 + Saves 18 + Combat 24 + Skills 23 + Feats 51 + Powers 14 = 160

08.03.09 - I had a bit of trouble with Rocket's explosives; I wanted something more powerful than the grenades in the equipment chapter, but I didn't want the blast radius to be quite so ridiculous.

The solution I came up with is using the Progression Feat to limit the area effected by the blast, and the Reduced Range Power Drawback so he can only throw it two range increments. It comes out as being farily expensive, but the result is a fairly powerful localized explosion, 40' radius, that he can throw up to 26' away. So it's the sort of thing he needs to toss and then run to cover, and certinally wouldn't be used in close combat situations.

I'll probably play around with it a bit to see if I can get the cost down, and so I can up Rocket's saves or skills a bit. Maybe adding the Uncontrolled Flaw?

08.10.09 - Updated Rocket quite a bit. Bumped him up to PL 11, tweaked his tradeoffs and changed his Drawback to a Complication seeing as it doesn't really come up much, and it's not exactly the sort of thing which actually impedes him when it comes to blowin' up space nasties.

Speaking of blowing things up, I did revise the explosive. Changed it from a Blast with the Area Extra, to a Strike with Area and the Thrown Power Feat, which makes more sense to me. Still have to reign in the damage with Progression.
Last edited by Pierced Geek on Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:50 am, edited 5 times in total.
Punching For Justice - It's a podcast devoted to superhero gaming and Mutants & Masterminds 3e
Kyle Reads Alpha Flight - A distinctly Canadian look at comics' premiere team of Canadian superheroes. Also: swearing and dick jokes.

Pierced Geek
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Pierced Geek » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:16 pm

Sand Fox wrote:Welcome to the Atomic Think Tank, Pierced Greek. This Star-Lord character is quite interesting. Will we get to see a back-story on him, sometime? Very good work, nonetheless. I hope to see more of your builds, soon.

Sincerely, Sand Fox

Thanks, Sand Fox, I appreciate the welcome. I've been lurking for a while, but finally starting GMing a M&M group again, so I decided to start statting out some characters to refamilirize myself with the system.

Not quite clear what you mean by backstory. If you're wondering what my decision process was in stating the character as I did, I could probably go over that. If you're wondering about Star-Lord's history, I can only recommend you check out the spectacular GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY serries, where he and most of the other characters I'll be posting to start with are featured. Easily in my top five books being published monthly.

Cheers!

peteyrock
Cohort
Cohort

Postby peteyrock » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:48 pm

Rocket Raccoon is easily one of the coolest things I've ever seen! Bravo!

Sand Fox
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Sand Fox » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:56 pm

Pierced Geek wrote:
Sand Fox wrote:Welcome to the Atomic Think Tank, Pierced Greek. This Star-Lord character is quite interesting. Will we get to see a back-story on him, sometime? Very good work, nonetheless. I hope to see more of your builds, soon.

Sincerely, Sand Fox

Thanks, Sand Fox, I appreciate the welcome. I've been lurking for a while, but finally starting GMing a M&M group again, so I decided to start statting out some characters to refamilirize myself with the system.

Not quite clear what you mean by backstory. If you're wondering what my decision process was in stating the character as I did, I could probably go over that. If you're wondering about Star-Lord's history, I can only recommend you check out the spectacular GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY serries, where he and most of the other characters I'll be posting to start with are featured. Easily in my top five books being published monthly.

Cheers!

:shock: Oh, I had thought that he was an original character of yours, seeing as I’ve never heard of him before. Silly me. :lol: Guardians of the Galaxy, you say? Sounds interesting, maybe I will check it out. Keep up the good work.

Sincerely, Sand Fox
"Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:
For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.
"

James 1: 19-20

Pierced Geek
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Pierced Geek » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:41 am

Gamora - Deadliest Woman in the Universe : PL 12

Str 16 Dex 22 Con 18 Int 14 Wis 14 Chr 16

Toughness +10 Fortitude +10 (6) Reflex +15 (9) Will +8 (6)

Attack +12
Damage +7 sword /+12 suprise attack /+3 unarmed
Defense 23 (15 flat-footed)
Initiative +14

Skills
Acrobatics +14 (8), Intimidate +11 (8), Medicine +6 (4), Notice +8 (6), Sense Motive +8 (6), Stealth (8), +6 Survival (4)

Feats
Accurate Attack, Acrobatic Bluff, All-out Attack, Blind-Fight, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll x4, Dodge Focus x4, Elusive Target, Endurence, Enviromental Adaption [Zero Gravity], Equipment x7, Evasion x2, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Block x2, Improved Disarm x2, Improved Initiative, Improved Throw, Improved Trip, Instant Up, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Sneak Attack x4, Startle, Takedown Attack x2, Uncanny Dodge [Visual], Weapon Bind

Equipment
- Sword: Strike x4 (Power Feats: Improved Critical, Mighty) (6 ep)

Powers
Immunity [suffocation, vaccum] (3 pp)
Protection x2 (2pp)
Regeneration [Recovery Rate: Bruised or Unconsious, Injured or Staggered x3, Disabled x5] (9 pp)
Super-Speed (Power Feats: Rapid Attack) (5 pp)
Super-Strength x2 (4 pp)

Tradeoffs: Toughness/Defense -2/+2

Power Points: Abilities 40 + Saves 21 + Combat 44 + Skills 11 + Feats 46 + Powers 23 = 185 Total

08.04.09 - Gamora is a beast, and there's no way I could get her under 180 power points and still be happy with the build. As it is, I had to slash and burn her skills and cut out a few feats I wanted her to have. Of course, she is the deadliest woman in the universe, and as such it's probably not inappropriate for her to have a few extra power points.

08.10.2009 - Revised Gamora a bit. She's PL 12 now, which means she's not quite so overpriced, which is good. Didn't adjust much else.
Last edited by Pierced Geek on Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

Pierced Geek
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Re: Pierced Geek stats the Guardians of the Galaxy

Postby Pierced Geek » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:21 am

Drax the Destroyer : PL 12

Str 20 Dex 18 Con 20 Int 14 Wis 14 Chr 10

Toughness +15 Fortitude +16 (11) Reflex +12 (8) Will +10 (9)

Attack +12
Damage +12 knives /+10 unarmed
Defense 19 (13 flat-footed)
Initiative +4

Skills
Acrobatics +10 (6), Intimidate +12 (10), Knowledge [Life Sciences] +6 (4), Knowledge [Theology and Philosophy] +8 (6), Notice +14 (12), Pilot +8 (4), Stealth +12 (8), Survival +12 (10)

Feats
All-Out Attack, Ambidexterity, Assessment, Blind Fight, Chokehold, Critical Strike, Dodge Focus x3, Enviromental Adaption [Zero Gravity], Equipment x7, Improved Grab, Improved Grapple, Improved Throw, Improved Trip, Interpose, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Startle, Stunning Attack, Takedown Attack

Equipment
- Knives: Strike x2 (Power Feat: Improved Critical x2, Mighty, Thrown) (6 ep)

Powers
Immunity [suffocation, vaccum] (3 pp)
Protection x10 (10 pp)
Regeneration [Ressurrection x5] (Power Feat: Reincarnation) (6 pp)
Strike x5 (Power Feat: Mighty) (6 pp)
Super-Senses [Detect: Thanos; Low-Light Vision; Scent; Tracking x3] (6 pp)
Super-Strength x 4 (8 pp)

Tradeoffs: Defense/Toughness -3/+3

Power Points: Abilities 34 + Saves 28 + Combat 36 + Skills 15 + Feats 28 + Powers 39 = 180 Total

08.09.09 - It would have been fairly easy for me to go overboard with Drax, but I think that with the possible exception of his skills being too light, this is a fairly decent representation of of his current abilities.

08.10.09 - Drax is PL 12 now. Huzzuh. Increased his skills so I'm happier with them, and tweaked his Feats a bit.
Last edited by Pierced Geek on Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arthur Eld » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:41 am

Two things about your Drax build.

One, you can't just buy up Toughness as a save like the other three, you have to have either a power like Protection, Force Field, or a feat like Tough or Defensive Roll.

And Two, don't you think a damage bonus of +7 with his knives seems a little low for the guy who killed Thanos? I mean, offensively he's a PL 9.

Pierced Geek
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Pierced Geek » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:21 am

Arthur Eld wrote:Two things about your Drax build.

One, you can't just buy up Toughness as a save like the other three, you have to have either a power like Protection, Force Field, or a feat like Tough or Defensive Roll.

I couldn't remember if that was the case in Second Edition, and I had a bit of trouble finding anything that said one way or the other. I'll have to go back and fix the previous builds as well. Thanks for point that out.

Arthur Eld wrote:And Two, don't you think a damage bonus of +7 with his knives seems a little low for the guy who killed Thanos? I mean, offensively he's a PL 9.

Yeah, posted the wrong draft of Drax. Should be fixed now.

Pierced Geek
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Pierced Geek » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:40 am

Groot - Monarch of Planet X : PL 11

Str 40* /12 Dex 10 Con 24* /10 Int 10 Wis 16 Chr 8
*at maximum growth

Toughness +16* /+9 Fortitude +15* /+8 (8) Reflex +8 (8) Will +9 (8)
*at maximum growth

Attack +6 /+7 melee /+7 at maximum growth in melee
Damage +1 /+15 unarmed at maximum growth
Defense 16 (14 flat-footed) /15 at maximum growth
Initiative +1

Skills
Diplomacy +3 (4), Knowledge [Civics] +6 (6), Notice +9 (6), Sense Motive +7 (4)

Feats
Attack Focus [Melee] x5, Diehard, Enviromental Adaption [Zero Gravity], Dodge Focus, Equipment x6, Frealess, Improved Grab, Improved Grapple, Improved Overrun, Improved Pin, Improved Throw, Improved Trip, Power Attack x2

Equipment

Powers
Growth x14 (56 pp)
Immunity (critical hits, high pressure, need for sleep, starvation and thirst, suffocation, vaccum) (8 pp)
Protection x9 (9 pp)
Regeneration [Recovery Bonus x7; Ability Damage] (Power Feats:Persistent, Regrowth) (Flaw: Source [Soil or Water]) (6 pp)

Drawbacks
Involuntary Transformation [Uncommon / Cannot Resist] (-4 pp)
One-Way Ttransformation [Uncommon / Major] (-3 pp)
Vulnerable: Fire / Heat [Uncommon / Moderate] (-2 pp)

Tradeoffs: Attack/Save -4/+4, Defense/Toughness -5/+5

Power Points: Abilities 6 + Saves 24 + Combat 28 + Skills 5 + Feats 23 + Powers 79 - Drawbacks 9 = 165 Total

08.09.10 - Groot's Involuntary Transformation takes place when his Damage Condition is Dying. The Diehard feat automatically stabilizes him, but he's reduced to a very dimished form for at least a week, during which he requires consistant watering to recover.

08.10.09 - Groot gets bumped up a Power Level just like everyone else. Not really much changed. Increased his Abilities a bit.
Last edited by Pierced Geek on Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Pierced Geek
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Pierced Geek » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:15 pm

Mantis - Celestial Madonna : PL 11

Str 10 Dex 24 Con 18 Int 14 Wis 20 Chr 16

Toughness +8 Fortitude +12 (8) Reflex +15 (8) Will +13 (8)

Attack +3 /+11 unarmed
Damage +10 unarmed
Defense 24 (14 flat-footed)
Initiative +7

Skills
Acrobatics +17 (10), Concentration +13 (8), Dpilomacy +9 (6), Escape Artist +11 (4), Knowledge [Behavioral Sciences] +8 (6), Knowledge [Life Sciences] +10 (8), Knowledge [Theology and Philosophy] +10 (8), Medicine +11 (6), Notice +15 (10), Sense Motive +15 (10), Stealth +15 (8)

Feats
Accurate Attack, Acrobatic Bluff, Attack Specialization [unarmed] x4, Blind Fight, Critical Strike, Defensive Roll x4, Dodge Focus x5, Eidetic Memory, Elusive Target, Enviromental Adaption [Zero Gravity], Equipment x6, Evasion, HIde in Plain Sight, Imporoved Block x4, Improved Defense, Instant Up, Redirect, Stunning Attack, Teamwork x3, Trance, Uncanny Dodge [mental awarness]

Equipment

Powers
Communication [Mental] x4 (Power Feat: Selective) (Extra: Area [Burst]) (9 pp)
- Link: Comprehend [Languages, Speak and Understand] (4 pp)
Comprehend [Plants, Understand] (2 pp)
Immunity [suffocation, starvation and thirst, vaccum] (4pp)
Regeneration [Resurrection x6] (Flaw: Medium [Plants]) (3pp)
Strike x10 (10 pp)
Super-Senses [Mental Awarness, Precognition, Time Sense] (6 pp)
Mind Reading x11 (Extras: Sensory Link) (25 pp)
- AP: Emotion Control x11
- AP: ESP [Visual, Auditory] x11 (Flaw: Medium [Plants])
- AP: Ignite x7 (Power Feat: Reversible)

Tradeoffs: Defense/Toughness +3/-3

Power Points: Abilities 42 + Saves 24 + Combat 24 + Skills 21 + Feats 41 + Powers 63 = 215 Total

08.09.09 - Steve Englehart's pet character and the Guardians' resident Deus Ex Green Chick is a beast. Though, as being of no small consequence, it seems entirely reasonable that she needs a few extra power points to due her justice.

08.10.09 - Tried to up Mantis' Power Level while minimizing the increased Power Point cost. There were some problems with the math on the first version, but they should be fixed now.

08.11.09 - After building Cosmo, I felt the need to play around with Mantis some more and overhauled her powers. Of course, ended up costing the same amount--though I think she's more efficient now--but I guess characters with a wide varity of powers are just expensive. Ah well.
Last edited by Pierced Geek on Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:45 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Pierced Geek
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Pierced Geek » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:48 pm

Adam Warlock - Quantum Magician : PL 14

Str 14 Dex 12 Con 18 Int 24 Wis 18 Chr 12

Toughness +16 /+11* Fortitude +15 (11) Reflex +11 (10) Will +16 (12)
* without vestments

Attack +8 /+14 ranged
Damage +13 Blast /+2 unarmed
Defense 22 (16 flat-footed)
Initiative +1

Skills
Concentration +14 (10), Investigate +15 (8), Knowledge [Arcane Lore] +23 (16), Knowledge [Physical Sciences] +15 (8), Knowledge [Theology and Philosophy] +17 (10), Notice +12 (8)

Feats
Attack Focus [ranged] x6, Diehard, Eidetic Memory, Enviromental Adaption [Zero Gravity], Equipment x6, Jack-of-all-Trades, Ritualist, Ultimate Effort [Skill: Knowledge [Arcane Lore]]

Equipment

Powers
Blast x14 (32 pp)
- AP: Absorbtion x14 [Healing] (Flaw: Limited [Magic Energy])
- AP: Nullify x9
- AP: Telekinesis x14
- AP: Teleport x14
Device [hard to lose] (4 pp)
- Vestments: Protection x5
Flight x7 (14 pp)
Immunity (suffocation, vaccum) (3 pp)
Protection x7 (7 pp)
Regeneration [Ressurection] (Power Feat: Reincarnation) (2 pp)
Space Travel x2 (2pp)
Super Senses [Awarness: Magic; Detect: Quantum Damage x2] (3 pp)
Super Strength (2pp)

Drawback
Mental Instability [Uncommon / Major] (-3 pp)

Tradeoffs: Defense/Toughness -2/+2

Power Points: Abilities 38 + Saves 33 + Combat 40 + Skills 15 + Feats 18 + Powers 69 - Drawback 3 = 210 Total

08.10.09 - Warlock is the Guardian's resident problem solver and as such, he packs a punch. Of course, much of the time, he's "jury-rigging" a magical ritual to correct the distortions in time and space that the group joined together to prevent,while the others attempt to keep distractions to a minimum.

Adam doesn't handle stress well, and when danger becomes too great, he can slip into an alternate persona where he's much more violent and destructive.

08.10.09 - My desire to bump Warlock up to PL 14 was part of the inspiration for revising all the previous characters. I tweaked his Abilities and Powers a bit, but really I just wanted him stronger.
Last edited by Pierced Geek on Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Pierced Geek
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Pierced Geek » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:28 am

Considering who I might decide to stat out after I'm done with the Guardians of the Galaxy and looking at the more Cosmic characters in the 'Freedom City' sourcebook made me reconsider the Power Level I'd put them all at.

That--combined with my procrastining on stating Martyr--inspired me to do a revision on all them, increasing each character's Power Level by 1 and making some other minor adjustments.

Return to “Roll Call”