Builds (2E) of FuzzyBoots - Zdolność, Mockingbird, Trip, Bug

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Builds (2E) of FuzzyBoots - Zdolność, Mockingbird, Trip, Bug

Postby FuzzyBoots » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:08 pm

This is likely to be pretty sparse, as I've yet to find a group in town to play with, so this is basically builds I've submitted for PbP games.

Potential House Rules - I'm not actually playing with any of these at the moment, but trying to get them all posted in one place.

Original
Magical Pretty Princess Loli-Chan - PL10 - Involuntary Magical Girl
Karl Immerman - PL6 - Displaced E.M.S. Worker
Captain Junk - PL6 - Fear his Massive JUNK!
Grappler Baki - PL10 - Shameless Powerhouse rip-off who focuses on grappling
Gerald Buford - PL4 - Hermit Hunter of Twin Peaks
Blue Eyes - PL4 - Magic Eyes Bounty Hunter
Presto the Magician - PL10 - Pulp Era Mentalist
Richard Barnes - PL4 - Silver-tongued Psych Student
Gaea's Fist - PL10 - What if Ma-Ti of the Planeteers was a bad-ass eco-terrorist?
Inertia - PL7 - Speedster Brick whose football theme expresses his desire to go back to being a normal college football player.
Boomer - PL10 - Explosives guy. That place where you're standing? He anticipated you and mined it. *click*
Tarot - PL8 - Animates images and draws upon the imagery of the Tarot for mystical empowerment. Obvious homage. So far, I've built summons based upon the four suits.
Ubik - PL8 - Skill Monkey who spreads himself around.
Mechanix - PL10 - An underdeveloped attempt at a giant robot with Gestalt components. No backstory yet.
Revenant - PL8 - My first PbP submission ever on the ATT, a zombie who, upon dying, inhabits the nearest dead body.
Prinny Y - PL10 - A special snowflake Prinny from the Disgaea universe.
Defenders Six - A PL 10 Pulp-Era team consisting of The Flaming Dwarf, The Plastic Hunchback, Lady TNT, Michael Hangman, Radar Doc, and Face Cook. Names by the Golden Age Name Generator. Builds by me.
Buzz - PL8 - A fragile speedster with duplicating powers and much teen angst. Adapted from my 1E character of the same name and abilities.
Xerxes Gregorson - PL5 - A capoeiristra submission for the Ranger Corps game. His transformed stats are available near the end of the same entry.
Mary Marvel - PL 8 - A "good girl" paragon sidekick, much adored by the FHA.
Zdolność - PL 9 - A technologically empowered Polish superhero
Mockingbird - PL 10 - A Russian super-soldier on a longstanding sleeper mission
Trip - PL 8 - A teenager born to followers of The Tick-Tock Doc whose skin and saliva have hallucinogenic qualities.
Bug - PL 6 - An orphaned boy with the ability to communicate with and to control insects.
Hosea "Ace" Skaggs - PL 8 - Unpowered FBI agent trained in parkour and how to effectively oppose Wild Carders.

Adaptations
Changeling - PL10 - My workup of the Freedom City Next Gen shapeshifter
Clayface VII - PL10 - My workup of Johnny Williams from Gotham Knights. Adapted from Taliesen's Clayface build.
Pretty Deadly - PL10 - Magical Girl Military Otaku from Magical Girl Hunters
-- A revised PL8 version which is truer to her exploits in the source material
Sailor H - PL10 - Vinyl-clad valiant sailor soldier of... misguided lust toward magical girls, I think. Adapted from Magical Girl Hunters
Catseye - PL8 - Mutant cat who can turn into a human Or at least that's how she sees it...

Fights
Magical Pretty Princess Loli Chan vs. Grappler Baki
Pretty Deadly in Aika's Asylum Assault: Pretty Deadly in Providence
Defenders Six in Time of Crisis
Xerxes Gregorson vs. Jebediah "Blue Eyes" Kroft

I need to make the formatting here more consistent. For the most part, they were copy-pasted from the actual posts, which ranged from hand-crafted to exported from various versions of the Simpson sheet. I considered filtering them all through Hero Lab, but it has some issues with its output, albeit ones that are being addressed by the programming staff.

^_^ Quite grateful for any comments, criticism, or help you can provide.
Last edited by FuzzyBoots on Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:00 am, edited 30 times in total.

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Magical Pretty Princess Loli-Chan

Postby FuzzyBoots » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:09 pm

Submitted to Chris Davies's Freedom Panic game. The picture is the result of image searches on anime boards and a bit of work with GIMP to composite elements from different pictures and to do some minor recoloring.

House rule: In Davies's games, the first rank of Defensive roll grants a +2 Toughness/Reflex bonus to compensate for how easily it's lost through surprise.

MAGICAL PRETTY PRINCESS LOLI-CHAN
Unwilling Magical Girl
"In the name of love, you will be punished! And stop staring!"
Real Name: Satosaka Kohaku (if I translated this right, "Amber of the Small Town with Great Beer")

APPEARANCE
Size: Small (+1 Modifier, incorporated in values)
Height: 3' 6”
Weight: 40 lbs
Hair: Blonde, princess curls
Eyes: Blue

POWER LEVEL
Power Level: 10
Power Points: 150
Max Attack: 9
Max Defense: 9
Max Save DC: 11
Max Toughness: 11

ABILITIES - bought as 12 / 12 / 8 / 8/ 12 before enhanced.
STR: 22 (+6/+1)
DEX: 16 (+3/+1)
CON: 16 (+3/+1)
INT: 8 (-1)
WIS: 8 (-1)
CHA: 18 (+4/+1)

COMBAT
Attack +5 (Melee +5, Ranged +7, Wand: +9 ranged, +7 melee) [Unarmed +6 (Bruise), Wand +11]
Grapple +9 = 5 (melee) + 6 (strength) + 2 (Super-strength) - 4 (size)
Defense +9 (+4 flat-footed)
Initiative +11

SAVES
Toughness +11 (+9 flat-footed)
Fortitude +6
Reflex +11
Will +5

SKILLS
Acrobatics 8 (+11)
Bluff 4 (+8)
Climb (+6)
Concentration (-1)
Diplomacy (+4)
Disguise (+4)
Escape Artist 4 (+7)
Gather Info (+4)
Handle Animal (+4)
Intimidate (+2) [includes -2 penalty for Small size]
Knowledge
-Arcane Lore 4 (+3)
Notice 6 (+5)
Perform
-Oratory 10 (+14)
Search (-1)
Sense Motive 6 (+5)
Stealth 6 (+13) [includes +4 bonus for Small size]
Survival (-1)
Swim (+6)

LANGUAGES
Native (Japanese) [She can speak all languages through Comprehend 2, but does not understand anything but Japanese spoken to her]

FEATS
Attack Specialization (1) - Pretty Princess Wand
Attack Focus, Ranged (2)
Dodge Focus (3)
All-out Attack
Diehard
Defensive Roll (1)
Evasion (2)
Elusive Target
Ninja Run - All-Out movement ignores difficult terrain, one minute before regular endurance checks
Rage (1)
Improved Critical (4) - Threat range is 16-20 with wand
Improved Initiative (2)
Power Attack
Acrobatic Bluff
Luck (2)
Move-by Action

POWERS
Enhanced Strength 10 (10 pp)
Enhanced Constitution 4 (4 pp)
Enhanced Dexterity 4 (4 pp)
Enhanced Charisma 6 (6 pp)
Super-Strength 2 (4 pp)
Shrinking 4 (Permanent, Normal Strength) (8 pp)
Enhanced Reflex Save 4 (4 pp)
Protection 6 (Impervious 4) (10 pp)
Speed 3 [50 MPH] (3 pp)
Leaping 3 [160 ft] (3 pp)
Super-Movement (Perfect Balance [no acrobatics check for crossing narrow surfaces], Sure-Footed 2 (removes up to half movement penalty for terrain)) (6 pp)
Feature 1 (1 pp) - Pretty Princess uniform reforms itself intact every time she shifts although it does tear and burn away at the most inopportune times and in unfortunate places.
Device 7 - Pretty Princess Wand (21 pp)

Pretty Princess Wand:
--Blast 11 (22 pp) - Brilliant pink light shoots forth from the tip of the wand and strikes with concussive force
----AP: Exorcism 11 - Pink symbols are emitted from the wand and blanket the target, fighting the icky evil within it. [Nullify Evil, Flawed to Ranged, All effects on target]
----AP: Healing 10 (PF: Persistent, Stabilize) - Loli-Chan touches the tip of the wand to the target and heals them of their ills as the flitting image of a Naughty Nurse outfit covers her.
----AP: Snare 11 - Gaudy ribbons of a rainbow of colors fly out to snare the target.
----AP: Emotion Control 7 (Contagious, limited to Love, Continuous, PF: Subtle) -
----AP: Strike 5 (Mighty, Affects Insubstantial, Duration: Sustained, Independent, Penetrating 5) - With a flick of the wrist, Loli-Chan expands the wand out into a mighty scepter and lays about her with it, its head blazing with a pink fire that clings to her targets. The fire is extinguished by the target not attacking for a round.
--Comprehend (Speak all languages)
-- Enhanced Feats 4: Precise 2, Fascinate (Oratory), Fearless

DRAWBACKS
Involuntary Transform: Presence of “evil” [Common, irresistable] (-4 pp)
Vulnerable: Mind Control effects [Uncommon, DC + 50%] (-2 pp)

COMPLICATIONS
* Duty - Loli-chan must defend goodness and true love (here, "true love" includes any and all forms of love, including many which may be illegal in a given country) at all times.
* Enemies - Professor H (still believes Loli-Chan belongs to him, has Mind Control and Transform (Mental) powers), Pervert Patrol (believes Loli-Chan is an aberration which must be healed or cleansed, mostly non-powered but there are some mystics (primarily wielding uncontrolled artifacts) and anyone could be a member of them), various demons and moral rights groups
* Reputation - Loli-chan is, well, clearly underage and dressed terribly provocatively. The fanfiction written by her fan club doesn't help matters either.
* Reputation / Duty - Loli-Chan has a fan club. Kohaku doesn't want this fan club, as they largely run into fights to get panty shots and post said shots on the internet along with lemon fanfiction. Loli-chan, however, has to defend them because, after all, they are advancing the cause of "true love"
* Secret - Kohaku must hide the fact that she is Loli-chan from the public, both because enemies might target her in her non-powered form and because it would ruin her life.

SUMMARY
Abilities 4 + Skills 12 (48 ranks) + Feats 25 + Powers 84 + Combat 18 + Saves 13 – Drawbacks -6 = 150 / 150

BACKGROUND
Satosaka Kohaku was your typical high schooler. She wasn't extremely popular, but she had her friends and she had her club activities. One day, as she was heading home from school, she saw a little old man being set upon by a group of young thugs. Kohaku was galvanized into action and charged in, backpack swinging wildly. The old man thanked her profusely and claimed that the young men were not just thugs, but were enemies of his who sought to prevent him from spreading love and joy in the world. Before Kohaku could speak a word in question, the old man straightened up and thrust one hand up in the air. Rainbows shot down from the sky and the seeming old man transformed into a dashing sorcerer in his mid-30's. He took Kohaku's hand and asked her if she would stand with him, to protect the world and to help his cause, offered to make her a magical girl, a defender of love from all of those who would oppose it. Kohaku had heard of magic before and, as a child, had dreamed of growing up to be a magical girl. And now, here was her chance. She eagerly said yes and he pressed a rainbow colored brooch into her hands. "Take this," he said and she could feel a tingle from the broach as she held it closer to her face to examine its details, "It is now attuned to you and, no matter what forces you face, you now can never lose it. Come to the playground around the corner at midnight tonight and I will instruct you in your duties." And, with that, he vanished. Kohaku stumbled home, in a daze, wondering whether this could have all been a dream. But, when she went to the playground that night, the sorcerer stood there. proud and tall. He told her to hold the brooch above her head. "This first time, I will have to empower the brooch. Thereafter, you will be able to transform whenever there is trouble, whenever evil fills the air." Rainbows streamed from his fingertips and encircled Kohaku. She could feel a definite change, although it was subtle. The world became a little bit more clear. Her body felt full of energy, ready to perform at a moment's notice and she... was shrinking? Much to Kohaku's horror, she felt herself getting shorter, her arms and legs getting stubbier. She tried to let go of the brooch, but it stuck to her hands. A rustling in the bushes made the sorcerer's head shoot up. "My enemies have found me. I just need to magically impress upon you your mission..." and his hands shot forward, the rainbows redoubling. Kohaku could feel her mind twisting, reshaping itself. The master is right... the master must be obeyed. Love must be free and not persecuted no matter the size, the shape, the age... She fought as best she could, but she could feel the voices overwhelm her, crushing her sense of self and replacing it. That's when the rock struck the sorcerer. He fell to one knee, blood streaming down one side of his face, and the rainbows ceased. Kohaku fell to one stubby knee, a distance of maybe ten inches at most from her standing position and fought the remaining voices in her head. "There's the pervert!" a voice cried and one of the young boys from before leaped out of the bushes. The sorcerer, still bleeding, looked straight into Kohaku's eyes and spoke, "This isn't over. You are mine now." And then, he vanished once more. The boy skidded to a halt and spoke a harsh curse into the night. He then turned to Kohaku and recoiled. "What... what are you?" Smite the unbeliever! Topple the tyrant! The master is... Kohaku once more fought down the voices and looked down at her arms and legs. The clothing she'd been wearing had been transformed into what looked like a child's version of a seifuku. Pink... of course, it was pink. With a flush of embarrassment, she realized that the skirt, while a somewhat more pleasing white color, was mildly translucent and was currently showing that her undergarments had been transformed as well. "I... I'm..." and the voices took hold once more, bring her to her feet, one arm above her head suddenly clutching a wand covered in ribbons. "I am Magical Pretty Princess Loli-Chan, Defender of Free Love and you will be punished!" And there, she wound to a halt. The boy must be punished! But... why? I don't even know him. The master says... She closed her eyes and forced the voices back down. When she opened her eyes, all of the boys she'd seen that morning attacking the man were standing to one side of the playground, arguing quietly but fiercely. She could only catch a few words of it. "... transformed... tainted by him... needs to be cured... destroyed" As much as Kohaku wanted answers, she valued self-preservation more. She turned and pumped her chubby little legs, moving almost impossibly fast as she sped out of the playground. With no effort at all, she cleared a ten foot chain link fence. What... what am I? I am Magical Pretty Princess Loli-Chan, Defender of Free Love and... Oh, shut up. To her amazement, the voices stilled and let her be. Still, what was she?

Since that fateful day, Kohaku has grown to accept that she is stuck with this role, but she fights to conquer the overrides the sorcerer (who she now knows goes by the name of Professor H) placed on her, but she's found that her magical girl form is all too prone to suggestion. On the other hand, it sports impressive physical attributes despite her diminutive size, and said attributes have only increased with intensive training. Lacking any source of formal source of training, Kohaku has turned her magical girl form into a bit of a brawler. Not terribly fast or accurate, but able to take a great deal of punishment and able to inflict said punishment back, although her ability to fight is greatly decreased without her wand. Still, she has accounted well enough for herself, fighting various demonic creatures and the occasional pervert (although she generally has to marshal her will to keep from defending said pervert). As Kohaku, she's managed a fairly normal high school life, although she's starting to think that her friends suspect something is going on with her, but she's pretty sure they haven't figured out the specifics.

PERSONALITY
As Magical Princess Loli-Chan, Kohaku is alternately perky and friendly or sullen and argumentative. The nature of the form is to be friendly, really to be... overly friendly, but Kohaku is constantly battling this aspect. Despite the mental overlay, Kohaku retains her maturity in the other form, although she finds her thinking more than a tad fuzzy.

TACTICS
Magical girls are, by a rule, supposed to fight in teams, with each member's strength supporting the other's weakness. Their ignorance is compensated by wise spiritual advisors. They are generally dependent on a mysterious defender who arrives in their time of greatest need. Loli-Chan has never been a proper magical girl and has therefore largely learned for forge for herself. Her natural inclination is to charge in and start blasting bad guys indiscriminately, trusting in her magical protection to keep her from harm. She has also picked up a most un-magical-girl tendency to pick up objects around her like telephone poles and uninhabited cars and to use them as improvised weapons.

Build explanation / rationale
^_^ Early on, I figured on a magical girl since we didn't have one already. The next fun bit is making them interesting. I considered a Dark Magical Girl (specifically, I was thinking of Sailor H from Magical Girl Hunters), then remembered a magical girl anime where the girl in question was a grade-schooler who transformed into an older woman and primarily used her Disguise Pen to change her uniform each episode (Fancy LaLa I see now). I had also considered submitting someone who was a Chibi by nature (c.f. Chibi Sue in Ghastly's Ghastly Webcomic (NSFW) or Katie of Project Chibification but that goes against the "non-obviousness" clause for the campaign. I wound up settling on someone whose magical form was much younger than the normal form. This led on to a backstory involving a perverted sorcerer. The powers / abilities were largely a matter of my semi-random build process followed by me finding justifications and then tuning things to more closely fit the evolving concept. I blame the initial concept on a lack of sleep, but I think it could be interesting to play.

Satosaku Kohaku

APPEARANCE
Size: Medium
Height: 5' 4"
Weight: 90 lbs
Hair: Black, shoulder length, straight
Eyes: Brown

POWER LEVEL
Power Level: 5
Power Points: 75
Max Attack: 5
Max Defense: 5
Max Save DC: 5
Max Toughness: 5

ABILITIES
STR: 10 (+0)
DEX: 12 (+1)
CON: 10 (+0)
INT: 14 (+2)
WIS: 14 (+2)
CHA: 12 (+1)

COMBAT
Attack 1 (Melee 3, Ranged 1) [Unarmed +0 (Bruise)]
Grapple +6 = 5 + 1
Defense 3 (1 flat-footed)
Initiative 1

SAVES
Toughness 3 (0 flat-footed)
Fortitude 0
Reflex 4
Will 4

SKILLS
Acrobatics 4 (+5)
Bluff 2 (+3)
Climb (+0)
Computers 4 (+6)
Concentration (+2)
Craft
-Artistic 4 (+6)
Diplomacy 2 (+3)
Disguise (+1)
Escape Artist (+1)
Gather Info (+1)
Handle Animal (+1)
Intimidate (+1)
Knowledge
-Popular Culture 4 (+6)
-Art 4 (+6)
-Current Events 4 (+6)
Languages 1
Medicine 1 (+3)
Notice (+2)
Perform
-Singing 2 (+3)
Search (+2)
Sense Motive 2 (+4)
Stealth 4 (+5)
Survival (+2)
Swim 2 (+2)

LANGUAGES
Japanese, English

FEATS
Attack Focus, Melee (2)
Attack Specialization (Grapple) 2
Attractive (1) - to those who like the meganekko look
Deep Ties (Secret of being Loli-Chan)
Dodge Focus (2)
Defensive Roll (2)
Grappling Finesse
Equipment (1) - Bicycle, cell phone
Online Research - use Computer skill instead of Gather Information
Slap Silly 4

POWERS
Strike 2 – Jujitsu training (innate)
Device 7 - Pretty Princess Wand (21 pp)

DRAWBACKS
None

SUMMARY
Abilities 12 + Skills 10 (40 ranks) + Feats 15 + Powers 24 + Combat 4 + Saves 5 – Drawbacks 0 = 64 / 75

BACKGROUND
Since she's had to assume the form of Loli-Chan, Kohaku has had to change her life somewhat. She had aspired to become a mangaka and was starting to excel in her computer classes, but now her nights are spent fighting evil and she's had to devote free time into honing her ability to escape from notice (her Stealth skill) and has started taking Jujitsu classes so that she's not entirely helpless when her second life interferes (although she's pretty sure her secret identity remains secret to all but possibly Professor H, she's become a minor trouble magnet). Fortunately, some of the training she's done as Loli-Chan has bled back into her regular persona such as the acrobatics and dodging training.
Last edited by FuzzyBoots on Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:26 am, edited 5 times in total.

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Karl Immerman

Postby FuzzyBoots » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:11 pm

Karl Immerman
Displaced Ambulance Driver

ATTRIBUTES: STR 14 (+2), DEX 14 (+2), CON 16 (+3), INT 16 (+3), WIS 18 (+4), CHA 14 (+2)
SKILLS: Bluff 2(+4), Computers 2 (+5), Concentration 6 (+10), Craft: Mechanical 4 (+7), Diplomacy 4 (+6), Disable Device 2 (+5), Drive 6 (+8), Intimidate 4 (+6), Knowledge [life sciences] 4 (+7), Knowledge [streetwise] 4 (+7), Medicine 6 (+10), Notice 6 (+10), Profession [EMS] 10 (+14), Sense Motive 2 (+6), Language 6
LANGUAGES: English, Spanish, French, Japanese, Chinese (Mandarin dialect), Korean, ASL
FEATS: Attack Focus (Melee 4), Defensive Roll 1, Dodge Focus 4, Benefit (reputation as a healer), Chokehold, Endurance, Equipment (30ep) 6, Fearless, Improvised Tools, Luck 3, Rage 4 (+6 STR, +3 to Fort and Will saves, -2 to defense for up to 15 rounds), Skill Mastery (Driving, Medicine, Profession [EMS], Knowledge [life sciences]), Ultimate Effort (Medicine)
POWERS:
*Immunity: Need for Sleep [1 pp]
*Super-Senses 3: Detect injury (ranged, accurate) [mental] [3 pp]
EQUIPMENT: Baseball bat (+2 damage, 1 ep), Taser (Stun, Fort 17 , 14 ep), Leather Jacket (+1 toughness, 1 ep), Ambulance (Van, CB radio, Navigation System, Infirmary 11 pp), 3 pp for other materiel
COMBAT: Attack +4 Melee / +0 ranged [Unarmed +2 (+5 during rage) Baseball bat +4 (+7 during rage)], Defense 14 (flat-footed 10), Init +2
SAVES: Toughness +5 (+4 sans jacket or flatfooted, +3 without jacket and flatfooted), Fortitude 4 (+6), Reflex 2 (+4), Will 4 +7
Abilities 32 + Skills 18 (72 ranks) + Feats 29 + Powers 4 + Combat 0 + Saves 7 – Drawbacks 0 = 90

BACKGROUND
Karl was an ambulance driver for the city of Seattle, WA. He was a good EMS worker, known throughout the staff for both his nearly miraculous ability to save lives and his corresponding obsession with saving lives. Eventually, that obsession caught up with him. He failed to save the life of a little girl who'd gone into cardiac arrest. CPR was started within minutes of arrest. His technique was flawless. He was supported by the best medical equipment avialable in the field. He still failed. Karl was inconsolable and found himself unable to sleep. He threw himself into his work, calling in favors and using other workers' names to work shift after consecutive shift. Before long, he was hallucinating, seeing the girl everywhere, seeing... things out there. After he swerved to miss an apparition of the girl and nearly crashed his ambulance, someone in dispatch realized how long he'd been out there, and without a partner, and ordered him to return. Karl kept driving, knowing that if he came back, they'd take him off duty. The miles blurred together until Karl suddenly realized that the buildings around him were familiar, but different... empty. He no longer felt tired anymore - in fact he felt great - and the constant drone of the dispatcher's voice begging him to come home had fallen silent. Karl was in paradise. That is, until he started spotting his hallucinations again. Except, this time, they were real. But there were still people out there who needed to be helped. Karl could feel them out there. There was a world to save and he would save it one person at a time. Karl doesn't sleep anymore. He's happy that way.

COMPLICATIONS
Duty - Compelled to save lives, no matter who it is or whether he exposes himself to danger doing so
Unhinged - Karl is not entirely sane. So long as he's saving lives, he manages to keep himself going, but every time he fails, he snaps for a while. During those times, he's been known to do everything from go on the offense against the evils of the night (not a wise idea since he's not exactly built for combat) or he goes into fugue states where he just drives for hours on end.
Obsession - That one girl that Karl failed to save while he was on the other side, he's seen her since. It's always out of the corner of his eye, or a glimpse among the crowd, but every time, he runs after her, sure that this time, he'll save her.
Debt - Replacement medical supplies aren't cheap or readily available and Karl has run up some substantial tabs with the black market. He pays some of it off in services, but he knows that he's still far into the red side of the ledger.

DESCRIPTION
Karl is caucasian, stands about 5' 10", weighs about 170 lbs although he looks much skinnier, almost gaunt. One of those wiry sorts. His eyes are blue. Hair is black and short cut. He generally sports rings under his eyes, some degree of stubble, and various small nicks and cuts that are in the process of healing.

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Captain Junk

Postby FuzzyBoots » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:12 pm

CAPTAIN JUNK
Junk and Debris Manipulator
"“Fear my massive junk!”"
Identity: Secret ID (barely)

APPEARANCE
Height: 5' 8”
Weight: 167 lb
Hair: Brown, stringy, hangs to his shoulders in dreadlocks
Eyes: Pale green

POWER LEVEL
Power Level: 6
Power Points: 90
Max Attack: 6
Max Defense: 5
Max Save DC: 6
Max Toughness: 7

ABILITIES
STR: 14 (+2)
CON: 12 (+1)
INT: 12 (+1)
WIS: 10 (+0)
CHA: 10 (+0)

COMBAT
Attack 2 (Melee 2, Ranged 5) [Unarmed +2 (Bruise)]
Defense 5 (2 flat-footed)
Initiative 1

SAVES
Toughness 7 (7 flat-footed)
Fortitude 5
Reflex 4
Will 5

SKILLS
Bluff 6 (+6)
Climb (+2)
Computers 2 (+3)
Concentration 2 (+2)
Craft
-Mechanical 6 (+7)
Diplomacy 6 (+6)
Disable Device 4 (+5)
Disguise (+0)
Drive 2 (+3)
Escape Artist (+1)
Gather Info 2 (+2)
Handle Animal 2 (+2)
Intimidate 4 (+4)
Knowledge
-Streetwise 4 (+5)
Notice 4 (+4)
Profession: Junkman 8 (+8)
Search 4 (+5)
Sense Motive 4 (+4)
Stealth (+1)
Survival (+0)
Swim (+2)

LANGUAGES
English (native), Spanish, Korean, Chinese (Mandarin), ASL

FEATS
All-out Attack
Attack Focus, Ranged (3)
Favored Environment (1) - Junkyards /rubbish heaps.
Improvised Weapons (3) - +3 Damage bonus when using improvised weapons
Dodge Focus (2)

Powers:
Junk Array (Array 7) (default power: create object)
__ Blast 7 [Dyn: 2/r, max 14PP] (Array; DC 22, Notes: Flavor: Various obects, small to large, pelt the opponent. Draws from the same junk that he uses to protect himself, so he has to divert some of his protection to it.)
__Flight 6 [Dyn: 1/r, max 14PP] (Array; Speed: 500 mph, 4400 ft./rnd; Platform, Notes: Hugh creates a platform made of debris and travels about on it. He's uncomfortable traveling too fast on it though.)
__Force Field 6 [Dyn: 2/r, max 14PP] (Array; +6 Toughness; Impervious, Reflective (Kinetic); Ablative, Notes: Flavor: Summons a field of random debris which swirls about him and intercepts attacks. In the case of melee attacks, an attacker frequently finds their fist stopped by a refrigerator door or the like, or bullets ricocheting off a spinning septic tank, causing damage to the attacker. As his shield intercepts attacks, he loses debris until he drops the field entirely and then resummons more junk.)
__Move Object 14 (Array; Strength: 70, Carry: 68.1 tons / 136.2 tons / 204.8 tons / 409.6 tons; Limited Material (Junk))
__Summon Junk (Create Object 6) [Dyn: 2/r, +2max 14PP] (Default; Max Size: 6x 10' cubes, DC 16; Permanent; Custom (Subtle: Looks like actual junk), Progression, Object Size, Notes: The objects are limited to items you might find in a trashheap or junkyard and are all non-functional, but are basically real-world objects. Hugh has no idea where they come from. His Transform power has never worked on them, and he occasionally gets (still non-functional) objects that are nevertheless probably not of this Earth.)
__Transform 7 [Dyn: 2/r, max 14PP] (Array; affects: 1 thing > 1 thing - broken objects to fixed objects, Transforms: 100 lbs., DC 17; Action (full), Notes: Unfortunately, they only stay repaired as long as he concentrates on it which has limited the utility of this power in his job.)
Super-Senses 5 (accurate: Detect Junk, acute: Detect Junk, detect: Junk 1, ranged: Detect Junk, Notes: Hugh can detect junk and knows exactly where it can be found and what the nature of it is. This has proven to be a massive benefit for his day job, but he has yet to find a way to use it as a Super-hero.)
Super-Strength 1 (+5 STR carry capacity, heavy load: 350 lbs; +1 STR to some checks, Notes: Through the years of hauling large parts about, Hugh has acquired the ability to lift rather heavy-loads. He primarily uses it to be able to swing some of the larger bits of junk about as improvised weapons.)

Equipment: HQ: Junkyard
HQ: Junkyard
Power Level: 6; Equipment Points Spent: 5
Toughness: +5
Features: Garage, Living Space, Security System 1, Workshop
Size: Large
Totals: Abilities 0 + Skills 0 (0 ranks) + Feats 0 + Features 4 + Powers 0 + Combat 1 + Saves 0 + Drawbacks 0 = 5

DRAWBACKS
None

COMPLICATIONS
* Responsibility (job) - Has a job at a local junkyard. Does not currently own it, but he's working towards it.[/*]
* Responsibility (relationship) - Has an ex-wife that he owes regular alimony payments to, although she's better paid than he is. She knows of his crime-fighting attempts and it was one of the factors behind their split.
* Reputation - Hugh's crime-fighting forays have gotten him into trouble with the neighborhoods he fights in as the items he summons remain afterwards, necessitating extended clean-up efforts.

SUMMARY
Abilities 10 + Skills 16 (64 ranks) + Feats 11 + Powers 31 + Combat 10 + Saves 12 – Drawbacks 0 = 90 / 90

BACKGROUND
Hugh had worked at the local junk yard since he was a young teenager. At 21, never having attended college, he was working in the yard when a pile of cars started tilting towards him. He was frozen in place, every fiber of his being pushing out at the falling objects. And, to his amazement, they stopped and then settled back into place. Over time, he discovered that he had extensive control over junk. He could move it at will and eventually, he found that he could summon new objects out of thin air and use the summon objects as material. He's never quite figured out what the source of his power is and why it acts on some objects and not others, but after a lot of practice in the junk yard when no one was watching, he embarked on his crime-fighting crusade. Much to his surprise, his efforts were not appreciated. While he was successful in taking down various criminals and even a few minor super-villains, the items that he summoned remained there afterwards resulting in public outcry and several littering citations. He still occasionally ventures forth at night to try to fight crime, but he's kind of discouraged, especially after his wife left him after one too many nights of nocturnal excursions. Since he's stopped heading out at night, he's focused more on learning how to repair and improve upon broken devices and he's found that his abilities adapted along, allowing to repair, albeit temporarily, devices. He's learned a few languages to aid him in negotiating deals with people and sometimes wonder if he should study this more intensely.

PERSONALITY
Hugh is a very easy-going kind of guy. Very self-deprecating attitude about himself. Back when he was an acting superhero, he came up with a number of catchphrases, but over the years of disappointment, he's pared them down to the ones that make fun of him and his ability.

TACTICS
Hugh generally summons his protecting cloud of debris as soon as he thinks he might be heading into danger. When faced by single enemies, he tried to pelt them with his blast power while avoiding attack. When faced with larger groups or evasive enemies, he attempts to drop larger piles of debris as area attacks. He's not terribly creative in the use of his abilities as he's found very few problems he can't solve by shoving his junk into it. He's aware that his abilities seem to draw upon some common source such that he has to allocate his energy on the fly between them and has become fairly good at being able to handle it on the fly.

--------
I think that, as this point, I've submitted Captain Junk to three different games, but have yet to get him into a game. Too silly, I suppose. I was fairly proud of the PL 8/130 pp version for Tattooedman's Freedom Knights game, which took a slightly more serious bent.
Last edited by FuzzyBoots on Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:25 am, edited 3 times in total.

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Grappler Baki

Postby FuzzyBoots » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:13 pm

BAKI HANMA
Mighty Grappler
"Once I get hold of you, it's your end."

APPEARANCE
Height: 7' 10”
Weight: 473 lb
Hair: Bald, but normally black
Eyes: Green

POWER LEVEL
Max Attack: 8
Max Defense: 6
Max Save DC: 12
Max Toughness: 14

ABILITIES
STR: 34 (+12/+4)
DEX: 10 (+0)
CON: 38 (+14/+4)
INT: 10 (+0)
WIS: 12 (+1)

COMBAT
Attack 4 (Melee 6, Ranged 4, Unarmed 8) [Unarmed +12 (Bruise)]
Defense 6 (3 flat-footed)
Initiative 0
Grapple bonus: 6 + 12 + 4 = +24

SAVES
Toughness 14 (14 flat-footed)
Fortitude 14
Reflex 4
Will 6

SKILLS
Bluff (+1)
Climb (+12)
Concentration (+1)
Diplomacy (+1)
Disguise (+1)
Escape Artist (+0)
Gather Info (+1)
Handle Animal (+1)
Intimidate 15 (+16)
Notice 5 (+6)
Search 4 (+4)
Sense Motive 8 (+9)
Stealth (+0)
Survival 4 (+5)
Swim (+12)

LANGUAGES
Chinese

FEATS
Improved Pin
Power Attack
Attack Focus, Melee (2)
Attack Specialization (1) [unarmed]
Improved Grab
Chokehold
Improved Throw
Improved Trip
Instant Up
Prone Fighting
Interpose
Crushing Pin - Inflict unarmed damage against grappled opponent when they're pinned
Grappling Block - Follow an unarmed block with a grapple attempt
Damaging Escape - Make an unarmed attack when escaping from a grapple
Defensive Throw - Gain trip attempt against attacker who missed you
Elusive Target
Startle
Takedown Attack (2)

POWERS
Enhanced Constitution 20
Enhanced Strength 16
Snare 12 (Touch range)
AP: Trip 6 (Touch Range, Knockback)
POWER[10] Impervious Toughness 10
Leaping 3: x10 distance
Super-Strength 4 [Light load of 7.5 tons]
Speed 2 (25 MPH)

DRAWBACKS
None

COMPLICATIONS
* Honor/Pride - He will not refuse a fight, even when terribly outclassed
* Thin-skinned - Baki is prone to picking fights at the least sign of insult
* Reputation - Baki has little respect for rank. This has in the past led to troubles with nobles that he refuses to bow to.

SUMMARY
Abilities 20 + Skills 9 (36 ranks) + Feats 20 + Powers 72 + Combat 20 + Saves 9 – Drawbacks 0 = 150 / 150

BACKGROUND
Hanma Baki was born of an unassuming peasant couple at an early age of 6 months and a rather astounding birth weight of 15 lbs despite the early delivery. He grew up unnaturally strong and large, with many of his neighbors whispering none too quietly that his mother must have played foul with an ox. He was fighting in impromptu tournaments with adults at the age of 8 and winning them fairly handily. He quickly tired of the bucolic life of a farmer and set out to make his fortune and to enjoy his love of brawling.

PERSONALITY
Baki is very focused on bettering his skills. While he is willing to work with others, he does not easily form ties. However, when he does decide someone is his friend, he will stick with them until the bitter end.

TACTICS
Baki is far from subtle. He tends to wade into combat and try to get his opponent into a clinch. He knows well enough to remain in the thick of combat when there are opponents with ranged attacks, but otherwise, he tends to rely on his surprising quickness for a man of his bulk to catch opponents. Over the years, he has become very proficient at hojojutsu,seemingly drawing a rope from nowhere to bind opponents in combat.

-----------------------------------------------------
For the Way of the Fist campaign, I submitted a slightly modified version that tones down on the Impervious Toughness in favor of some more options.

Move enhanced ability scores to regular ability scores. Take CON down to 34. Raise Defense by 2. Give him six ranks of Craft (Artistic) and seven ranks of Handle Animal. Lower Survival to 2 and add English as a language. Give him a rank of Equipment (rope, tent, camping supplies). Make Snare innate, but add a 1-pt drawback requiring a rope-like object with which to do the tying. Do the same with the APed trip attack. Reduce Impervious to 6. Add 4 ranks of Immovable (Unstoppable) as an AP of the Super-Strength. Add the Illiteracy Drawback. His saves (other than toughness and fortitude) are still low, but he has a few more options and he's more accessible to low damage opponents.

Abilities 52 + Skills 12 (48 ranks) + Feats 21 + Powers 33 + Combat 24 + Saves 9 – Drawbacks -1 = 150 / 150

-----------------------------------------------------
Build further updated with points earned in the WotF campaign.
Last edited by FuzzyBoots on Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Gerald Buford

Postby FuzzyBoots » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:14 pm

GERALD BUFORD

Power Level: 4; Power Points Spent: 60/60

STR: +2 (14), DEX: +1 (12), CON: +1 (12), INT: +0 (10), WIS: +3 (16), CHA: +0 (10)

Tough: +1/+4, Fort: +3, Ref: +3, Will: +3

Skills: Bluff 1 (+1), Climb 4 (+6), Concentration 2 (+5), Disable Device 4 (+4), Handle Animal 2 (+2), Intimidate 4 (+4), Knowledge (earth sciences) 1 (+1), Medicine 1 (+4), Navigate 2 (+2), Notice 9 (+12), Profession (Trapper) 5 (+8), Ride 1 (+2), Search 4 (+4), Sense Motive 3 (+6), Stealth 9 (+10), Survival 7 (+10), Swim 1 (+3)

Feats: Attack Focus (melee), Attack Specialization (Hunting Rifle (Blast 2)), Attack Specialization (Knife (Strike 1)), Defensive Roll 2, Dodge Focus 2, Environmental Adaptation (Forest), Equipment 5, Improved Aim, Improved Critical (Knife (Strike 1)), Improved Initiative, Improvised Tools, Precise Shot 2, Sneak Attack

Powers:
Protection 1 (+1 Toughness)
Knife (Strike 1) (DC 18, Feats: Improved Critical (Knife (Strike 1)); Mighty, Subtle (subtle))
Hunting Rifle (Blast 2) (DC 17; Improved Range 2 (100 ft. incr))
Super-Senses 4 (danger sense: Hearing, tracking: Visual 3 (all-out))

Equipment: Buckskin Jacket [Protection 1, +1 Toughness], Camo Clothing, Camoflage Pup Tent, Flashlight, Hunting Knife [Knife (Strike 1), DC 18, Feats: Improved Critical (Knife (Strike 1)); Mighty, Subtle (subtle)], Hunting Rifle [Hunting Rifle (Blast 2), DC 17; Improved Range 2 (100 ft. incr)], Multi-Tool, Vehicle: Pickup Truck

Attack Bonus: +1 (Ranged: +1, Melee: +2, Grapple: +4)

Attacks: Hunting Rifle (Blast 2), +3 (DC 17), Knife (Strike 1), +4 (DC 18), Unarmed Attack, +2 (DC 17)

Defense: +3 (Flat-footed: +1), Knockback: -2

Initiative: +5

Languages: Native Language

Totals: Abilities 14 + Skills 15 (60 ranks) + Feats 19 + Powers 4 + Combat 4 + Saves 4 + Drawbacks 0 = 60

HISTORY:
Gerald shot his first gun at the age of 5. His uncle handed him a shotgun, pointed him the right direction, and told him to pull the trigger. The force of the shotgun knocked Gerald ass over teakettle, which became a longstanding family story dragged out whenever someone wanted a laugh at Gerald's expense. Generally forgotten was that, despite the fall, the shot hit the can that he'd been aiming for. Gerald was a fairly ordinary child growing up. His parents noticed that he took every chance he could to go hunting, but everyone in the family hunted, so they thought nothing of it. It was in high school that Gerald started showing that he was not quite like all of the other kids. One day, walking home from school, he took a sharp turn into the forest and didn't return that night. His parents assumed he went off with a friend. The school thought nothing of it when he showed up early the next day and made use of the school showers -- they assumed that the water was out at his place -- and he came back home that night, so his parents assumed nothing was wrong. Except, the trips out into the forest became more frequent, and longer in duration. Before long, Gerald had stopped paying much attention in class and stopped at home only for the occasional supply run. His parents assumed it was a phase of being a teenager and that he was staying with friends, but calls around town revealed that he had stayed with no one. Gerald made it through high school and graduated before deciding that the forest was his only home.

For last several years, Gerald has been living the life of a recluse, hunting in the forest and occasionally venturing into town to sell pelts and meat. No one is entirely certain where he lives (he has a collapsible tent with various camo fittings for the change in seasons and sleeps in the open when the weather is not too inhospitable). His family maintains a pickup truck for him, always parked in front of the family trailer. He seldom makes use of it, but it has on occasion disappeared from the lot and been gone for several days when Gerald is not seen. His family keeps it filled with gas and in good repair. It was stolen for a joy-ride by a group of high schoolers once. The next morning, each of the teens in question woke up in the morning with a severed deer's head sharing their bed. The truck has not been stolen since. While most of the townspeople know Gerald by sight, he is viewed with great suspicion and not a small bit of trepidation. Some of the landowners swear that he's been hunting on their land, but no one has ever caught him trespassing, so there is little proof. Lately, Gerald's been heard muttering about the "voice of the forest" and that "something big is coming, something big and bad". Like most mutterings of semi-vagrants, these have been ignored.

COMPLICATIONS:
* Reputation - Gerald is known to be a bit of a nutter. Whispered rumors have him behind every mysterious livestock or pet disturbance and there are suspicions of trespassing. While Gerald is fairly articulate when he chooses to speak, his constant earthy odor probably does not help matters.
* Aversion - Gerald doesn't like city life. He feels distinctly uncomfortable just heading into town to sell his goods and feels even worse when he's forced to stay for any length of time, as with the time when he caught pneumonia and had to be laid up in the hospital.
* Family - While he doesn't talk to them much, Gerald still feels an obligation to his family and, if they were ever threatened, he would be out there trying to help. Admittedly, due to his hunting prowess, the family has never lacked for a turkey at Thanksgiving time.
Last edited by FuzzyBoots on Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Blue Eyes

Postby FuzzyBoots » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:15 pm

BLUE EYES
Bounty Hunter
"“The wheels of justice are slow but fine. I'll get to you.”"

APPEARANCE
Height: 5' 5”
Weight: 140 lbs
Hair: Black bowl cut
Eyes: Pale blue

Max Attack: 3 Max Defense: 3 Max Save DC: 5 Max Toughness: 5

ABILITIES
STR: 14 (+2)
DEX: 10 (+0)
CON: 16 (+3)
INT: 8 (-1)
WIS: 16 (+3)
CHA: 8 (-1)

COMBAT
Attack 1 (Melee 3, Ranged 1) (+2 Damage unarmed, +3 with knuckles, +5 for rope snare)
Defense 3 (2 flat-footed)
Initiative 0
Grapple bonus: +10 = 3 + 2 + 4 + 1 (+14 versus people trying to break pin)

SAVES
Toughness 5 (3 flat-footed)
Fortitude 3
Reflex 0 (Up to +2 via defensive roll if not flat-footed)
Will 3

SKILLS
Bluff 6 (+5)
Climb (+2)
Concentration (+3)
Diplomacy (-1)
Disable Device 4 (+3)
Disguise 4 (+3)
Escape Artist (+0)
Gather Info 6 (+5)
Handle Animal (-1)
Intimidate (-1)
Notice 8 (+11)
Ride 4 (+4)
Search 4 (+3)
Sense Motive 8 (+11)
Stealth 4 (+4)
Survival (+3)
Swim (+2)

LANGUAGES
English (native)

FEATS
Attack Specialization (Grapple) 2
Assessment
Defensive Roll (2)
Equipment (2) - 2 points unspent
Improved Grab
Improved Pin
Attack Focus, Melee (2)
Improved Grapple
Well-Informed
Endurance (1)
Luck (1)

POWERS
True Sight (automatically see through any Concealment, Illusion, or Obscure effect, see the true form of any disguised creature (including traits that grant a Disguise bonus, like Morph and Shapeshift), and see any deliberately hidden or concealed item (secret door, hidden panel, etc.), although the GM may require a Notice check to detect the latter. Vision Counters Concealment, Counters Illusion, Counters Obscure (all), Detect Hidden.)
Super-Sense [Tracking – Sight]
Super-Strength 1 [light: 116 lb. Medium: 233 lb. Heavy: 350 lb. Maximum: 700 lb. Push/Drag: 1,750 lb.]
EQ: Snare 5 (rope) [PF: Tether] – treated as Hard-to-lose (15:REF) [7 points seemed about right for a touch snare + the hard-to-lose + Tether]
EQ: Brass Knuckles [Strike 1]

COMPLICATIONS:
* Can't turn off true sight, often forgets that he might see (or not see) things others don't (or do)
* The Man with Odd Eyes - Jeb has never seen him since that day, but he's heard of similarly deserted ranches preceded by a man dressed in archaic formal clothing.
* Stubborn as a mule - Jeb refuses to admit failure when he really ought to. This has led to him getting in over his head many times.
* Dumber than he thinks - Jeb knows that he's slow, but the fact that he sees the world so radically differently makes him often think he knows more than anyone else.

SUMMARY
Abilities 12 + Skills 12 (48 ranks) + Feats 15 + Powers 13 + Combat 8 + Saves 0 – Drawbacks 0 = 60 / 60

BACKGROUND
Jeb was probably born of common stock and has parents like everyone else. He doesn't know and has never cared to try to find out. Since he could remember, he'd worked on the ranch, first as a kid, fetching things for the cowboys and generally being underfoot, then later as a ranch hand himself, tracking down lost cattle and helping handle the ones that got unruly. From an early age, he got a reputation for being strong, slow and clumsy, and more than a bit dim. It never bothered him much when the kids made fun of him. He just kept his head down and pushed on through. If they got in his way... he pushed on through. If they tried to hinder him, he did the minimum he needed to to get them out of his way, and he would continue. He never really gave much thought to what the future held until the day that his eyes truly opened.

Jeb was 18 when he talked to the invisible man. He'd been sent to town to fetch supplies and noticed with dull amazement that a man was walking down the street with an ax dripping with blood dangling in the dirt behind him. More to the point, the people around the man seemed to be ignoring the man and even acting surprised when they'd bounce off of him when trying to walk through. Jeb wasn't certain what was going on, so he walked up to the man, tapped him on the shoulder, and asked about the ax. The man turned to him quietly and stared with bloodshot eyes, and intoned a single sentence, "you can see me," before drawing back the axe for a mighty swing. Jeb immediately barreled forward and tackled the man. Years of cowpunching guided his movements and before he knew it, the man lay before him, neatly hogtied with Jeb's belt. People stopped to gape at the belt hanging in mid-air. They also noticed the ax, which had seemed to appear out of thin air when it spun out of the madman's hands. Someone trying to investigate it stumbled over the man's head, eliciting a shriek of pain from him. The townspeople reacted to the bizarre mystery with panic and soon, they were grabbing loose debris and striking the groaning but apparently empty space. Jeb just stood back and watched, brow crinkled furiously as he tried to figure out what was going on. It took almost half an hour, but eventually, the strange man breathed his last and, from the startled reaction (including throwing the improvised weapons away in horror at what they'd done) of the crowds, Jeb realized that now they too could see the man. He quietly made his way home to the ranch, troubled by what he had seen.

Over the ensuing years, Jeb saw more and more things that no one else did, but he learned that here, even more than ever, it was important to keep his head down and act as if he'd seen nothing. He withdrew even further from human contact and played up his dimness so that no one would think that he was anything more than lucky in how he could always find the lost cattle. Then, one day, The Man with Odd Eyes arrived. Jeb heard descriptions of him before he hove into view, a man in archaic formal clothing walking the long road to the ranch without any appearance of sweating or slowing. Jeb was curious and worked his way towards the main house to eavesdrop. There, along with many of the other workers, he heard the man offering to buy the ranch from its owner. Peculiarly, the owner began the conversation utterly unwilling to sell, but quickly acquiesced, even though the strange gentleman had seemingly offered nothing more or made any better arguments. Jeb was one of many who took a quick peek through the window and when Jeb saw him, he was struck with the man's eyes. They were a peculiar shade of purple, almost luminous, and the pupils were shaped like teardrops. He must have muttered something about it under his breath, because soon a fellow ranchhand was harassing him as to what he'd seen. The ranchhand had lost his temper as Jeb tried to feign confusion and took a swing. It took a while for Jeb to wrestle him down with an armbar and by then, Jeb's phlegmatic temperament had frayed. He explained exactly what was wrong with the man's eyes and at great length when he realized that the yard had gone completely silent. He looked up to see the gentleman in question standing there, an odd grin on his face. "Funny," the man said, "most people can't see what's right in front of their face and yet you see beyond it. I'll be seeing you some day, Jeb." And then the man turned and walked away from the ranch. After he had left, Jeb quickly fled the scene, taking as excuse that a calf had wandered away earlier that day and that he needed to find it. Jeb tried to tell himself that the calf was being unnaturally canny, or that the ground was too rugged to cover quickly, but when he finally made it back to the ranch at early evening, he had to admit to himself that he'd been rattled by the earlier encounter. He arrived to an utterly silent ranch. Everywhere he went, there were signs that people had been there only hours before. In the dining hall, the table was lined with plates, a few still steaming. One biscuit on the table had already had a bite taken out of it. And, when Jeb tried to focus on where they had gone, his unusual vision failed him. He could see where people had been moving, but in every case, the trail would suddenly stop, with every indication that the person had up and vanished. Jeb quickly gathered his scant possessions and fled the ranch.

From the start, Jeb had trouble finding work. He was a competent cowhand, but he appeared pudgy and lazy to most eyes and he found that his years of enforced social isolation meant that he had no idea how to deal with people and the jobs he did get ended quickly when he'd offend his employers and fellow cowhands. Then, one day, he looked up and saw a man staring at his own Wanted poster. Jeb started, expecting the man to be jumped at any moment, but even when people looked directly from the poster to the man, their eyes just slid off of him as if he were no one of consequence. Jeb realized that this man, like so many others he had seen, had found a way to hide his identity. Jeb adopted his best slackjawed look and scanned the man up and down, quickly noticing the oddly prominent feather fetish hanging from the man's neck. Acting on impulse, he walked up, yanked off the fetish, and tackled the man. Caught by surprise, the man offered little resistance at first and Jeb quickly trussed him up and frog-marched the man towards the sheriff's office, snagging the poster on his way over. Soon, he'd left with his first bounty and he knew that he had found his calling.

APPEARANCE
Jeb is a pudgy little repulsive bowlegged man. His hair tends to be greasy and matted, and is roughly cut into a bowl shape because he finds it easy to trim himself. His eyes are extremely pale blue, and he tends to stare a inch past people when talking to them. He wears the facial expression of slack jaw and apparently vacant eyes, both because he knows it makes people underestimate him and because he's worn the mask so long that it's become part of who he is. When he's just normally walking about, he affects a slumping awkward gait. When he finally springs to attack, he moves with a fluid grace that belies his mass and he attacks without mercy or reservation.

PERSONALITY
Jeb has spent so long as an outsider that he doesn't really know how to relate to people. He'll try to adopt the behaviors and personalities of others, but since he doesn't understand how people tick, he usually comes off worse than before. Still, he can work with a group, although he's prone to striking his own course despite any set plans when he's certain that he's right (and he's often certain that he's in the right).

TACTICS
Jeb knows what he's good at and he takes full advantage of it. Years of working with the cows has endowed him with strong arms and back and a wide variety of tricks to use to take down an opponent. A chance encounter with a "Chinaman" (actually a Japanese immigrant) led to him swapping techniques and learning some rudimentary elements of Jujitsu, including Hojōjutsu, the art of tying up a person during combat, and he keeps lengths of rope secreted on his body for quick deployment to snare people. Jeb knows he's not terribly bright and that he doesn't get along with people, so he generally plays the fool, gathering his information by virtue of that no one expects the simpleton to be eavesdropping on nearby conversations. Once he's located his quarry, he pursues them with dogged and implacable persistence that has earned him a reputation of indestructibility in some quarters. In truth, Jeb is well aware that he is all too vulnerable, but he's started to buy into the mythos and will continue on even when he's well over his head and half-dead from wounds and exhaustion.

-----
Niú, a transplanted and slightly modified analogue was submitted and accepted to the Legendary Disciples game.
Last edited by FuzzyBoots on Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Presto the Magician

Postby FuzzyBoots » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:03 pm

PRESTO THE MAGICIAN
Mentalist extraordinaire
"The mind is a plaything of the body. And of me."
Identity: Secret ID

Updated Build

APPEARANCE
Height: 6' 4”
Weight: 183 lbs
Hair: Black, neatly cut
Eyes: Very dark brown, almost black
Clothing: His "super hero uniform" consists of a black tuxedo complete with cane and cape with red lining, classic stage magician garb. His concession to hiding his identity is to don a black domino mask and fake whiskers (pencil mustache and a Van Dyk beard).

POWER LEVEL
Max Attack: 10
Max Defense: 12
Max Save DC: 10
Max Toughness: 8

ABILITIES
STR: 12 (+1)
DEX: 14 (+2)
INT: 16 (+3)
WIS: 16 (+3)
CHA: 14 (+2)

COMBAT
Attack 2 (Melee +2, Ranged +5) [Unarmed +1 (Bruise)]
Defense 12 (2 flat-footed)
Initiative 2

SAVES
Toughness 8 (1 flat-footed)
Fortitude 5
Reflex 6
Will 9

SKILLS
Acrobatics 4 (+6)
Bluff 12 (+14)
Climb (+1)
Concentration (+3)
Craft
-Mechanical 8 (+11)
Diplomacy 6 (+8)
Disable Device 8 (+11)
Disguise 6 (+8)
Escape Artist 12 (+14)
Gather Info (+2)
Handle Animal (+2)
Intimidate 4 (+6)
Knowledge
-Behavioral Sciences 8 (+11)
Notice 8 (+11)
Perform
-Stage Magic 12 (+14)
Search 8 (+11)
Sense Motive 14 (+17)
Sleight of Hand 10 (+12)
Stealth 10 (+12)
Survival (+3)
Swim (+1)

LANGUAGES
Slovak, English, Latin

FEATS
Defensive Roll (7)
Dodge Focus (8)
Uncanny Dodge (1) - Visual sense
Gaslighting (Basically Inventor, except using Behavioral Sciences as the Knowledge check and Perform: Stage Magic for the Craft check, models him creating elaborate magical effects in advance)
Hide in Plain Sight
Elusive Target
Attractive (1)
Equipment (2) - Spent on equipment array as seen in powers.
Taunt
Distract (1) - Bluff
Eidetic Memory
Attack Focus, Ranged (3)

POWERS
Substitution 10 - From MeMa - Power Check against an aimed attack to have attack only hit a decoy and to "teleport" up to 100 ft away (where you were in the first place, presumably) - In the case of Presto, a cape is always left behind.
ARRAY[10] Manipulation Power Array 5 (Sense Dependent - Hearing) (20 pp of powers) - All are based on his rapid hypnosis techniques and depend upon the target hearing his commands. None have the Mental modifier on account of all of them being done through physical methods.
[a] Mind Control 10 (Concentration [Lasting]) Drawback: Simple commands only
[a] Confuse 10 (Instant [Lasting])
[a] Emotion Control 10 (Sustained [Lasting])
[a] Illusion 10 (All senses, single subject, phantasms)
[a] Stun 7 (Will Save) - Sense-dependent (Visual), touch perception (bought up to perception, flawed one point to only be able to do a perception attack at touch range)
[a] Nauseate 7 (Will Save) Sense-dependent (Visual), touch perception
[a] Mind Reading 10 Subtle x 2 - Performed by careful study of the target's face and reactions - Not actually sense-dependent

Partial Immunity (Aging, poison, heat, cold, starvation and thirst, need for sleep)

Equipment Array:
Flash-powder (Dazzle (visual) 4 – Area (touch range)) (8 ep)
[a] Smoke bomb (ranged Obscure 2 [all senses] radius 10 ft) (1 ep)
[a] Knives (Blast 4) (1 ep)

DRAWBACKS
None

COMPLICATIONS
Enemies - In his days of mob-busting, Presto acquired a wide range of enemies. He's outlived many of them, but their progeny still see him as an open bounty.
Obsession - Presto has some old-fashioned beliefs about proper behavior and human nature. He "cured" a few members of his rogue's gallery back in the day by effectively brainwashing them to become completely different people.
Reputation - Odrej performed for years as Medvedik the Magician in venues across the country. While he's not been nearly as high profile in recent years (he now bills himself as Marlo the Magnificent for his non-profit gigs), there's a good chance of stage magic buffs recognizing him and causing trouble by drawing attention to him.

SUMMARY
Abilities 24 + Skills 33 (132 ranks) + Feats 28 + Powers 39 + Combat 12 + Saves 14 – Drawbacks 0 = 150 / 150

BACKGROUND
Presto grew up as Odrej Medvedík in the Slovak Republic during the second World War. He saw the Nazis as no worse or better than many other governments. He just kept his head down and tried to avoid trouble. After the war, he managed to get smuggled to the United States where used his natural talents in card tricks and petty theft to become a street magician. To his amazement, he had great gifts in this area and he quickly became a well-known stage magician under the name of The Great Nikolai. One night, the mob members decided to hold up the nightclub where he was performing. Olav managed to sneak off stage during the initial confusion and proceeded to take out one mobster after another using various tricks he'd learned from doing close magic in the street. He was hailed as a hero for the event, but thought little of it until more mobster ambushed him later that night at his penthouse. Again, he managed to divide and conquer the gang through trickery. He then realized that they weren't likely to let him get away with this, so he walked away from his identity, shaved off his beard and hair to travel across the U.S. as an itinerant street magician.

Along the way, he was introduced to the art of hypnosis and was fascinated. Again, his interest was rewarded with suddenly discovered competency and he developed his own techniques to rapidly induce hypnotic states, even in unwilling or combative subjects using a number of previously unknown backdoors in the human consciousness. Encountering by chance an attempt at bank robbery, he was able to use his rapid induction techniques to not only stop the robbery without injury on either side, but he also met with the man later and, through repeated sessions, was able to help the man become an upstanding citizen. He embarked on a dual life of being a highly paid stage magician and fighting crime (primarily organized crime) in the evenings as Presto. Over the years, through repeated self-hypnosis, he has managed to train himself to resist extreme temperatures, lack of sleep, even the effects of old age. After years of crime-fighting, he realized that sooner or later, the odds were going to go against him, so he hung up his mask and retired in 1964 (date adjustable according to concept) although he kept his hand in on the stage magic front, mentoring various young magicians and doing performances for schools and nursing homes (one of his more memorable performances in the latter was for a largely senile Boss Cierzynski who'd wound up in the nursing home after serving 50 years in prison for mob-related crimes and had in fact been put away by Presto). When Apex Corp started calling for heroes, he dusted off his old domino mask and stage magician garb, and headed in. They recognized the publicity potential of engaging one of the early masked heroes and put him through the "Tomorrow Man" process. The results were modest from their point of view -- Presto's ability to mesmerize subjects became almost effortless -- but combined with the potential good publicity and his natural talents, it was sufficient for them to advertise him as one of their successes.

PERSONALITY
Very precise, quite melodramatic. Presto secretly is not a big believer in free will. He things that we're all machines that can be tuned and modified, that our supposedly free actions are all the results of environment and genetics. Imagine B.F. Skinner crossed with Svengali. Still, he knows well enough that appearance is nine-tenths of the game, so he projects an image of a benevolent old-timer, dispensing anecdotes and tips to the team members. In action, he is somewhat more ruthless, having learned long ago that knocking out a mook takes them out of the game for maybe an hour. Slipping a stilleto between their ribs takes them out somewhat more permanently.

TACTICS
Presto knew he'd lose in a straight fight with most super-villains, so he generally picked his battles in locations he'd carefully prepared. He would then proceed to take out the thugs one at a time. He had limited luck fighting super-powered crime. He ran far too much risk of getting pasted by a lucky blast of fire or super-strength-enhanced punch. The successes he had very largely gaslighting affairs where he psychologically imbalanced them prior to officially encountering them.

---------------------------------------------------------------
He does not meet offensive caps, but since most of his powers are based off of perception range, it's not as bad as it may seem. He's at risk of getting caught flat-footed though, as most of his ability is based off of seeing danger coming.
Last edited by FuzzyBoots on Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Richard Barnes

Postby FuzzyBoots » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:37 am

Richard Barnes

APPEARANCE
Height: 5' 9"
Weight: 153 lb
Hair: Sandy Brown. Shaggy. Bangs tend to fall in his eyes
Eyes: Grey

POWER LEVEL
Power Level: 4
PP: 60
Max Attack: 4
Max Defense: 4
Max Save DC: 4
Max Toughness: 4

ABILITIES
STR: 10 (+0)
CON: 10 (+0)
INT: 14 (+2)
WIS: 18 (+4)
CHA: 22 (+6)

COMBAT
Attack 0 (Melee 0, Ranged 0) [Unarmed +0 (Bruise)]
Defense 0 (0 flat-footed)
Initiative 1

SAVES
Toughness 0 (0 flat-footed)
Fortitude 1
Reflex 1
Will 4

SKILLS
Acrobatics (+1)
Bluff 8 (+14)
Climb (+0)
Computers 1 (+3)
Concentration (+5)
Craft (+2)
Diplomacy 9 (+15)
Disable Device (+2)
Disguise (+6)
Drive (+1)
Escape Artist (+1)
Gather Info 6 (+12)
Handle Animal (+6)
Intimidate (+7)
Investigate 2 (+4)
Knowledge (+2)
-Streetwise 5 (+7)
-Behavioral Sciences 9 (+11)
-Current Events 4 (+6)
Medicine (+5)
Notice 6 (+11)
Perform (+6)
Pilot (+1)
Profession (+5)
Ride (+1)
Search 4 (+6)
Sense Motive 8 (+13)
Sleight of Hand (+1)
Stealth (+1)
Survival (+5)
Swim (+0)

LANGUAGES
English, Spanish, ASL

FEATS
Connected - If Richard doesn't know someone, he knows someone who would know.
Contacts - Through his deals on campus, Robert has a number of people who owe him a favor should he desire to call upon them.
Eidetic Memory
Ultimate Effort (2) [Bluff, Diplomacy]
Challenge (2) [Combat Diplomacy, no penalty for Diplomacy during combat]
Assessment
Jack-Of-All-Trades
Luck 1
Taunt
Minions (3) [5 Students who owe him favors. Use Scientist template from Core book]
Well-Informed - Robert keeps his ear tuned towards the current gossip and has shown an amazing ability to pull information out when needed.
Equipment (1) - Linked: Cell phone/Camera/PDA (Library feature) (3 EP), Laptop (1 EP), Bicycle (1 EP)

POWERS
None

DRAWBACKS
None

SUMMARY
Abilities 26 + Feats 16 + Skills 17 + Saves 0 + Combat 0 +

BACKGROUND
Richard was the eighth child of ten in his family. His parents were blue-collar workers; money was always tight, so he learned to fend for himself at an early age. Fortunately, he found that he was a fast talker. He ran a number of minor scams growing up, but he found that the best results came from setting up situations where everyone benefited. The study of psychology fascinated him and so he started making arrangements for college. He was never an outstanding scholar, but he had a good memory and standardized tests were as much about knowing how to take tests as it was actual intelligence, so his test scores were sufficient for Yale. Scholarships have so far covered most of his costs, the result of wheeling and dealing with companies in his hometown prior to departing. So far, he's been able to bluff his way through his more technical class largely by networking and arranging deals between students on campus. As the saying goes, he may not be able to do all of the work himself, but he knows people who can. He has no criminal record yet, but he has gotten in over his head a few times.

He doesn't publically trumpet his views, but he privately disapproves of the more totalitarian measures of the current government. He feels that most systems work best when occupied by free agents -- trying to chain people to specific behaviors isn't beneficial in the long run. However, he also feels that, as with most government, many people will suffer the effects, but the rich and the talented will always find ways to bypass or use the rules. He considers himself one of the people who can skirt such rules.

PERSONALITY
Richard is very easy-going and loquacious. He loves to make new friends and is frankly fascinated by the infinite variety of humanity despite the patterns that almost always crop up. He's a little bit worried sometimes that he'll fall into the habit of just using people, so he takes extra effort to get to know anyone he's working with. He figures that as long as he remembers birthdays, family details, and favorite foods, he's not seeing them as just another tool.

TACTICS
Richard doesn't fight if he can help it and it's been years since he's had to rely on running. He will always do his best to talk his way out of a situation and he has no problem with acknowledging defeat, even faking having been injured, only to strike back later through called-in favors. He thinks little of such deceptions as promises made under duress are worthless.

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Loli-Chan vs. Baki Hanma

Postby FuzzyBoots » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:18 pm

Loli-Chan smiled happily as she looked upon the new Adult Bookstore that had moved into the neighborhood. So good to know that someone out there really cares about spreading love in the world... There had been multiple threats from protest groups to evil invaders from a demonic dimension who'd arrived in a portal in the nearby alley. But, thanks to my efforts and the resolution of the owners, this neighborhood can be proud to boast that they have an Adult Novelty Store operating here! It was at this time that the huge man lumbered in. Loli-Chan gawked as almost eight feet of pure muscle lumbered along the road. What a hunk of man... I wonder if his <censored> is as big as the rest of him. She skipped up in front of his path.
"Say, Mister, are you up for a good time?" The figure regarded her impassively before lifting one massive eyebrow and uttering a stream of unintelligible syllables. Loli-Chan blinked and tried to figure out what was said. That sounded like the language from those tentacle anime they sell in the store! That's... Japanese, right?
"Ooh... are you from Japan? I like the cartoons that you show there. Maybe you and I could try some of the positions from this one? You see I -- Hey!" The last was yelled when the figure swung one enormous mitt at her to brush her off. She agilely leapt over the swung arm and watched in amazement as it broke a lamppost in two on its follow-up. Ooh... now I really have to find out what his prowess in bed is! Maybe he's a Chinese Amazon like in that Ranma 1/2 doujinshi? Worth a try, I guess.
"You! I challenge you in battle, with the loser having to sleep with the winner!" Everyone's bound to win with that one! The figure regarded her for a moment before settling back into a battle stance. Loli-Chan acted immediately, hoping to end the battle quickly and decisively so that she could enjoy some hot, hot loving.

Baki gets 1 HP for the Complication of not being able to refuse a fight.

Initiative:
Loli-Chan: 1d20+11 - [2,11] = (13)
Grappler Baki: 1d20 → [8] = (8)

Loli-Chan leaps back a few hundred feet to get room and levels her Pretty Princess Wand at the massive hunk of a man. "Pretty Princess Magical Blast!" A vaguely cylindrical object shot straight and true from the tip of the wand, hitting the man square on the chest. He took a step back and rubbed his chest, a toothy smile growing on his lips. Damn... that didn't even faze him! The man made a leap of his own, readily covering the distance, and buries a fist deep into Loli-Chan's solar-plexus. The breath is knocked out of her as it readily bypasses her magical uniform's protection. With Loli-Chan still curled around his fist, the man swings it around and launches her toward the bookstore. No... not that building! Loli-Chan swings her legs hard, rotating herself around to impact feet-first. With her mighty pudgy legs taking the brunt of the impact, she's able to not only avoid damage to the store, but also to herself.
1st Round
Loli-Chan leaps back 160 feet as a move action, fires a blast. 1d20+9 → [17,9] = (26), easily hits him for a DC 26 damage save. Toughnes: 1d20+14 → [8,14] = (22) for a Bruise. He makes a leap of his own, charging to take a swing. 1d20+6+2 → [9,6,2] = (17) is a successful hit, provoking a DC 27 Damage save on Loli-Chan's part. At 1d20+11 → [11,11] = (22), she's stunned and bruised. He'll use Improved Grab to grapple. Grapple check of 1d20+24 → [7,24] = (31). Loli-Chan can't beat that. She's grappled. He'll choose to throw her. At 40 lbs, she's a Heavy Load for strength 2. Versus strength 34... that's 6 steps up the progression table for 100 feet. We'll rule that there's a brick wall in the way of that 100 feet. DC 20 toughness. 1d20+8 → [3,8] = (11)... she'll HP a reroll and 1d10+10+8 → [4,10,8] = (22) is enough to avoid damage. The brick wall suffers a DC21 damage save, 1d20+4 → [20,4] = (24), and incredibly remains entirely intact.

Loli-Chan forces herself to take one shuddering breath, and then another. Got to... got to keep him away from the store. She levels the Wand once more, this time releasing a flurry of ribbons, sacrificing her mobility to brace herself for a good shot.
"Magical Pretty Princess Shibari Bondage technique!" The ribbons shoot wide of the figure and goes into a cartwheel in one direction, only to pivot on one hand to go the other way, hoping to catch him on guard. He, for his part, rushes in, rope in hand -- Where did he get rope? He wasn't holding the before... Damn, I really have to get this guy in bed! He missed in his attempt to throw a loop about her, though it came close. His attempt to readjust for her change of movement left him slightly unsteady on his feet and open for attack.

2nd round:
Loli-Chan will HP off her stun (down to 1 HP) and fire off her Snare using her full Power Attack, hoping to stop this apparent monster. 1d20+4 → [6,4] = (10) is not enough to hit Baki, even with his penalty from charging. She will then try an acrobatic bluff on him for next round. 1d20+11 → [16,11-5] = (22) versus his Sense Motive of 1d20+9 → [7,9] = (16) and he's fooled.
Baki will again close the distance, this time trying his own snare. Attack roll of 1d20+6 → [11,6] = (17) is 2 shy of hitting.

Loli-Chan gives her Wand a quick shake and it lengthens out into a sceptre almost as big as she is. She then hauls back and tries to belt the massive figure. The first shot swings terribly wide, but she spins with the momentum and pastes him but good with a shot to the lower back. She makes a second revolution and makes another shot, again across the back. Amazingly, he flexes those muscles and partially deflects the blow, although Loli-Chan is fairly sure she did some damage. Still, the damage is mutual as even her magically enhanced muscles protest moving so rapidly in succession. I'm going to be feeling that in the morning... and not in a good way!

3rd round:
Loli-Chan switches her wand to its sceptre form and Power Attacks / All-Out Attacks at 5 on the flatfooted Baki. 1d20+5 → [1,5] = (6) and she incredibly misses him. Last HP for a reroll for 1d10+5+10 → [5,5,10] = (20) which does hit. DC 31 save, DC 20 on subsequent rounds if he continues attacking. His toughness save is 1d20+14 → [13,13] = (26), so he takes a stun and a bruise. Loli-Chan surges with extra effort (she is fatigued next round) and strikes again. 1d20+5 → [18,5] = (23) which is within her Improved Critical range, provoking a DC 36 save! 1d20+13 → [14,12] = (26) which would leave him staggered, so he will spend his hero point to reroll. 1d10+12+10 → [8,12,10] = (30) is enough to just acquire another bruise and a redundant stun.
Baki remains stunned this round.

Seeing that her opponent is starting to shake off his beating, Loli-Chan does a series of backflips and handsprings to put even more distance between them, over 300 feet. I'd like to see him cover that... She then retries her Shibari Bondage attack, this time readily snaring him, leaving him bound and trussed in the ribbons like a lovely Christmas package or the subject of fetish site photos. Mmm... or maybe both. He struggles to escape, but succeeds in only slightly fraying a few of the ribbons.

4th round:
Loli-Chan suffers from fatigue, removing one strength damage and reducing her attack roll by one. She leaps back again, using her Acrobatics to try to increase her distance. 1d20+11 → [19,11] = (30) for an effective strength modifier of 21, moving her 310 feet back. She fires off another snare, doing the Power-Attack / All-Out Attack for 5 again. 1d20+8 → [6,8] = (14) easily hits, provoking a DC 26 reflex save from Baki. He rolls miserably (1d20+4 → [4,4] = (8)) and is bound and helpless.
Baki will flex his mighty muscles in an attempt to break the snare. DC 27 toughness save for the 16 Toughness snare. 1d20+16 → [7,16] = (23) and the snare is damaged, but not out.

Carefully aiming her Wand, Loli-Chan fires a pinpoint blast at the trapped figure. It impacts with a meaty thunk, sending him into spasms of pain. I could sit here and snipe at him all day... but I'd really miss the view... She quickly sprints forward to stop at his side. Beefcake...

5th round:
Loli-Chan will Blast Baki. Due to Precise 2, he doesn't gain any cover from the snare, and his defense is at -2 (3 - 5 for being helpless). 1d20+10 → [11,10] = (21) readily hits him and provokes a DC 31 Toughness save. 1d20+11 → [9,11] = (20) and he fails by 11, and he is staggered and stunned. She will then move forward to close in with him.
Baki lies in the snare, stunned.

Loli-Chan levels the wand at the trussed figure. "Time to end this before you get too bruised to play with!" A point-blank bast of the wand pushes him back a foot or so, but her words provoke a sudden resurgence of struggling as he tries to break out. Amazingly, a flex of his mighty muscles snaps the ribbon entirely!

6th round:
Loli-Chan coup-de-graces Baki with her Blast. DC 31 Toughness save yields 1d20+10 → [13,10] = (23). Bruised and stunned again. Fortitude save of DC 26 for CdG is 1d20+14 → [15,14] = (29) and Baki stays conscious another round.
Baki uses his last HP to shake off the stun and tries to break the snare. 1d20+15 → [3,15] = (17) and the snare snaps!

Rattled as the figure quickly rose to its feet, obviously quite incensed, Loli-Chan's next blast goes wide. Oh shit... The figure quickly rushes forward and slams a double-fisted axe-handle across the top of her head. For a moment, every single vertebra in her spine lights up with nerve impulses approximating a pinball table on Tilt. As she reels from the impact, he grabs her in a bear hug and begins squeezing the life out of her. She manages to resist his force for the moment, but is still trapped.

7th round:
Loli-Chan fires a point-blank blast. 1d20+10 → [2,10] = (12) misses.
Baki immediately takes a swing at Loli-Chan at crits! 1d20+6 → [20,6] = (26). That's a DC 32 Toughness save for Loli-Chan. 1d20+10 → [6,10] = (16) fails by 10 and she is staggered and stunned. He follows through with a grapple. Grapple checks are almost a formality with Baki's 1d20+24 → [15,24] = (39) and Loli-Chan's 1d20+8 → [13,8] = (21). Baki chooses to pin, also dealing an unarmed attack of damage. DC 27 save for Loli-Chan. 1d20+9 → [20,9] = (29) and she saves, but is still pinned.

With her arms pinned, Loli-Chan knows she can't get it pointed right to blast him, and she has a sneaking suspicion that he's stronger than her, so she tries to invoke her wand's Love Attack, subtly influencing his thoughts to become more favorable toward her. Sadly, her efforts find no purchase, and he squeezes harder. Oh... I think there went a rib. Maybe it means I'll actually be flexible enough to - Her thoughts were interrupted as she attempted to fight off the next massive squeeze.

8th round:
Loli-Chan invokes her Love attack and attempts to win Baki over, forfeiting her grapple check. Provokes a will save of DC 17 from Baki. 1d20+6 → [20,6] = (26) means he passes with flying colors.
Baki does unarmed damage to Loli-Chan in the grapple. DC 27 toughness save by Loli-Chan yields 1d20+9 → [15,9] = (24) and another bruise.

Loli-Chan redoubles her effort, drawing deep inside of her to force his mind into her favor. Sadly, the effort failed much as the last one did. Fortunately for her, he seems to have grown tired of grappling her. He breaks off the grapple and pulls out the rope once more. However, even with Loli-Chan feeling exhausted and beaten, she still manages to dodge his attempt to snare her.

9th round:
Loli-Chan invokes her love attack once more, boosting it with extra effort for a DC19 save. Which... Baki readily saves against with 1d20+6 → [17,6] = (23).
Baki breaks the grapple and tries to use his Snare on Loli-Chan. Attack roll of 1d20+6 → [10,6] = (16) will miss Loli-Chan's defense.

Loli-Chan feels the cold weight of exhaustion hit her and she knows she needs to end this fast. Tieing him up worked once before... it's worth another try! Bracing her feet on the ground, holding herself up through the power of sheer will, she once again sprayed the ribbons at him, this time at point blank range. He never had a chance to dodge and the ribbons trussed him up once more, this time binding him even more tightly than before. So tightly was he trussed that he couldn't even find leverage to stretch the ribbons.

10th round:
Loli-Chan becomes exhausted. She attempts her own Snare. Attack roll of 1d20+6 → [19,6] = (25) not only hits, but is within her Improved Critical range. DC 26 reflex save for Baki. 1d20+4 → [7,4] = (11) and he is helpless again.
Baki attempts to break the Snare. Toughness save for the snare is 1d20+16 → [11,16] = (27) and it remains undamaged.

Knowing that she would probably not get another chance at this, Loli-Chan levels her wand at his head. "I'm sorry," she says, "But you're too dangerous to play with for long." She unleashes a point blank blast into his face and this time, he stays down, although Loli-Chan has a sinking feeling that her victory was just barely reached.

11th round:
Loli-Chan will coup-de-grace with Blast. DC 31 toughness check for Baki. 1d20+9 → [7,9] = (16) and he is down!

Loli-Chan uses the healing properties of her wand to erase her own damage and then contemplated the trussed figure. "Well... waste not want not, right?" She grabbed a convenient loop and slung the massive figure on her back. Now... where's the nearest love hotel?

--------------------------------------
This fight was a good chance for me to iron out how exactly combat worked. I was very confused on stuns. I knew that the defensive penalty didn't last into the next round for 1-on-1 attacks without surges, but somehow I got it in my head that the stunned character recovered to attack the next round. I did some more rolling and modified the description and I think it basically worked out. It was a tough fight though. They both had some lucky rolls and made some iffy tactical decisions. It could have gone either way.
Last edited by FuzzyBoots on Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Gaea's Fist (Future Ma-Ti)

Postby FuzzyBoots » Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:57 pm

Submitted for the Death Usurped game which was a multiversal one based roughly off of Kingdom Hearts. The build is far too complicated for what it is.

Base form of Ma-Ti:
GAEA'S FIST
Identity: Public ID

APPEARANCE
Height: 5' 8"
Weight: 125 lbs
Hair: Black

POWER LEVEL
Max Defense: 12
Max Toughness: 8

ABILITIES
DEX: 18 (+4)
WIS: 14 (+2)

COMBAT
Attack 3 (Melee 3, Ranged 5) [Unarmed +1 (Bruise)]
Defense 12 (2 flat-footed)
Initiative 4

SAVES
Toughness 4 (1 flat-footed)
Fortitude 6
Reflex 8
Will 8

SKILLS
Acrobatics 4 (+8)
Bluff 4 (+5)
Climb 4 (+5)
Concentration 6 (+8)
Craft
-Chemical 6 (+7)
-Mechanical 4 (+5)
Diplomacy 4 (+5)
Disable Device 2 (+3)
Disguise (+1)
Drive 2 (+6)
Escape Artist 8 (+12)
Gather Info (+1)
Handle Animal 10 (+11)
Intimidate 6 (+7)
Notice 6 (+8)
Ride 4 (+8)
Search (+1)
Sense Motive 5 (+7)
Stealth 6 (+10)
Survival 6 (+8)
Swim 4 (+5)

LANGUAGES
Portuguese, English

FEATS
Defensive Roll (3)
Attack Focus, Ranged (2)
Dodge Focus (8)
Luck (2)

POWERS
Container Ma-Ti Powers / Skills / etc (60 pp)
{
--Hard to Lose Device 12 [Ring of Heart] (51 pp) PF: Indestructible, Restricted 2 (Only Ma-Ti)
--{
--Ring of Heart Array (40 pp)
--AP: Animal Control 10 (Extras: Burst Area, Mind Link)
--AP: Emotion Control 10 (Extras: Burst Area, Progression 5 each way)
--DP: Telepathy 10
--DP: Telelocation 10
--AP: [8] Mind Control 8 (Extras: Burst Area, Mind Link, Sustained)
--AP: [10] Mental Transform 10 (Total)
--Mind Shield 4
--Protection 4 (Impervious 4)
--}
Enhanced Feats: Animal Empathy, Master Plan, Elusive Target (3 pp)
Enhanced Skills: Knowledge: Tactics 10 (+11), Behavioral Sciences 4 (+5), Streetwise 4 (+5), Technology 2 (+3) (5 pp)
Enhanced Reflex 1 (1 pp)
}
AP: Kwame container
AP: Gi container
AP: Wheeler container
AP: Linka container
AP: Summon Captain Planet 15 (Continuous, Heroic) (60 pp)

Feature: Gains the appearance of the various Planeteers when he takes their forms.

DRAWBACKS
Power Loss (All Powers, Exposed to Pollution, Major, Common) [-4]
Power Loss (All Powers, Unable to Speak) [-1]

SUMMARY
Abilities 20 + Skills 23 (92 ranks) + Feats 15 + Powers 65 + Combat 14 + Saves 15 – Drawbacks -5 = 148 / 150

BACKGROUND
Ma-Ti and the other Planeteers were empowered by Gaea to protect the environment. Each of the five teen Planeteers were given a power ring with power over an element. By combining the power of all five rings, they could summon Captain Planet. Ma-Ti got the element of Heart. He was a bit bitter about it at first, but came to realize that his powers, while not as strong offensively, were extremely powerful in subtle ways. And so they strove mightily against many extremely obvious super-powered villains who threatened the world's ecology. And Ma-Ti came to realize that while they battled Duke Nuke'em and Captain Blight, even more damage was being done by regular people, ranchers and factory owners. And so, he set out to do something about it. He started using his power to influence his teammates, increasing their outrage against the common polluters, guiding them away from the more prominent enemies to strike at the root. Somewhere during the destruction of a coal power plant, the deception fell apart. His teammates realized that they had been manipulated and turned on him. He reflexively struck out and somehow... drew them in. He found that he could wield their power rings, but only one at a time, and when he did, he gained that Planeteer's knowledge and appearance. Using his newfound powers, he waged a one man war upon those who would dare despoil the Earth. Not everything's beer and skittles -- the powers of the other Planeteers are relatively unrefined compared to his since they're largely frozen at the time of assumption, he's still a relatively squishy target, and Captain Planet is no longer the fanatic ally he once was -- but Ma-Ti feels that he is ultimately helping the Earth.

PERSONALITY
Very no-nonsense. He's fighting a war and it's one man versus a world of polluters.

TACTICS
When possible, Ma-Ti uses his Heart Ring to take control of the minds of others and to let them do the fighting for him. When that is not possible, he borrows the powers of the rings. He only summons Captain Planet as a last resort, because some part of him realizes that one day, Captain Planet will be summon and will decide that Ma-Ti is the greater evil.

Alt Forms:
Kwame
Abilities 16, Skills 6, Powers 31, Feats 3, Saves 2
Enhanced STR 4, Enhanced CON 4, Enhanced INT 4, Enhanced WIS 2, Enhanced CHA 2
Enhanced Skills Diplomacy 8, Knowledge (Life Sciences) 7, Pilot 4, Enhanced 4, Language (Ghana Dialect)

Enhanced Feats: Leadership, Set-up, Teamwork, Endurance, Enhanced Defensive Roll 1
Enhanced Fortitude 2
"Planeteer Ring of Earth" Device 7 (hard to lose) (Feats: Indestructible, Restricted 2- Only Kwame) [31]
Earth Control 13 (26)
AP: Snare 10 (Feats: Reversible, Obscures Senses 5 (all))
AP: Trip 10 (Extras: Area-Burst, PF: Improved Trip)
AP: Blast 10 (Feats: Indirect 3, Precise, Accurate 2)
AP: Blast 8 (Area-Shapeable, PF: Progression 2 (smaller area))
AP: Environmental Control 8 (Hamper Movement 2, Extra: Selective Attack)
AP: Burrowing 12 (Ranged, Subtle 2)
Super-Senses 3: Tremorsense

Wheeler
Abilities 8 + Skills 8 + Feats 13 + Powers 31 = 60 pp
Enhanced STR 2, Enhanced CON 4, Enhanced CHA 2
Enhanced Bluff 6, Drive 2, Diplomacy 4, Knowledge: Pop Culture 10, Profession: Athlete 6, Pilot 4
Enhanced Feats: All-Out Attack, Blind-Fight, Defensive Roll 2, Diehard, Distract (Bluff), Fascinate (Bluff), Improved Defense, Improved SUnder, Luck 1, Power Attack, Taunt, Teamwork

"Planeteer Ring of Fire" Device 7 (hard to lose) (Feats: Indestructible, Restricted 2- Only Wheeler) [31]
Fire Blast 10 (Feats: Progression 1 [20 cubes]) (Extras: Area-Shapeable) (31)
AP: Fire Blast 10 (Extras: Area-Cone, PF: Progression (Smaller 1))
AP: Fire Control 10 (PF: Precise)
AP: Ignite 10 (PF: Reversible)
AP: Melt 10 [UP 157]

Gi
Abilities 12 + Powers 31 + Skills 12 + Feats 5 = 60
Enhanced Intelligence 6, Enhanced Wisdom 4, Enhanced CHA 2
Enhanced Bluff 2, Computers 4, Diplomacy 8, Investigate 4, Knowledge (Earth Sciences) 8, Knowledge (Life Sciences) 8, Language: Thai, Pilot 5, Swim 6, Search 4
Enhanced Feats: Accurate Attack, Improved Defense, Inspire, Teamwork 2

"Planeteer Ring of Water" Device 7 (hard to lose) (Feats: Indestructible, Restricted 2- Only Gi) [31]
Water Control 11 (PF: Precise) (23)
AP: Water Blast 10 (Feats: Knockback 3) (Extras: Area-Shapeable) (Flaws: Requires Water)
AP: Water Blast 10 (Feats: Knockback 3) (Extras: Area-Cone) (Flaws: Requires Water)
AP: Trip 10 (Feats: Knockback 3) (Extras: Area-Shapeable) (Flaws: Requires Water)
AP: Dehydrate 7 (Perception Drain Constitution, PF: Slow Fade 1, Reversible)
AP: "Current Control" - Reduce or enhance Swimming by Rank.
Immunity: Drowning
Super-Senses 6: Detect Water (Ranged, Acute, Accurate, Analytical)

Linka
Abilities 10 + Skills 6 + Powers 35 + Feats 9 = 60
Enahnced Dex 2, Enhanced INT 2, Enhanced WIS 2, Enhanced CHA 4
Enhanced Computers 4, Diplomacy 6, Knowledge (Life Sciences) 6, Pilot 5, Language (Russian), Drive 2
Enhanced Feats: Attack Specialization 2 (Air attacks), Attractive, Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Grappling Finesse, Setup, Teamwork 2
"Planeteer Ring of Wind" Device 8 (hard to lose) (Feats: Indestructible, Restricted 2- Only Linka) [35]
"Tornado" Blast 9 (Feats: Knockback 2) (Extras: Area-Burst) (29)
AP: Air Blast 10 (Feats: Knockback 6, Accurate 3)
AP: Air Control 14 (PF: Precise)
AP: Deflect Slow Projectiles 9 (Extras: Reaction, PF:Subtle)
AP: Trip 9 (PF: Knockback 2) (Extras: Knockback, Area-Shapeable)
AP: "Wind" (UP)
AP: Suffocation 7 (Perception range, PF: SUbtle)
AP: Environmental Control 9 - Windstorm (Distraction DC 10, Movement 1/2 speed)
Flight 2

Captain Planet - for now, using Jabroni's build as a placeholder

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Changeling

Postby FuzzyBoots » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:09 pm

Don't know if I entirely like the way she turned out, but I couldn't take her as she is in Hero High on account of her being a PL8 - 169 PP character. :shock: I've trimmed her down in a few areas.

CHANGELING
Naïve (?) Shapeshifter

APPEARANCE
Height: 5'3” in default form
Weight: 125 lbs in default form
Hair: Blonde in default form
Eyes: Blue in default form

POWER LEVEL
Max Defense: 10
Max Toughness: 10

ABILITIES
DEX: 14 (+2)
CON: 14 (+2)
WIS: 10 (+0)
CHA: 16 (+3)

COMBAT
Attack +6 (Melee +10, Ranged +6) [Unarmed +1 (Bruise)]
Defense +10 (+4 flat-footed)
Initiative +2

SAVES
Toughness +5 (+3 flat-footed)
Fortitude +5
Reflex +7
Will +7

SKILLS
Bluff (+3)
Climb (+1)
Concentration (+0)
Diplomacy 6 (+9)
Disguise 8 (+11)
Escape Artist (+2)
Gather Info (+3)
Handle Animal (+3)
Intimidate (+3)
Knowledge
-Popular Culture 4 (+5)
Notice (+0)
Search 6 (+7)
Sense Motive (+0)
Stealth (+2)
Survival (+0)
Swim (+1)

LANGUAGES
Due to Comprehend, all. Otherwise, she is a native speaker of the Grue tongue.

FEATS
Attack Focus, Melee (4)
Dodge Focus (2)
Defensive Roll (2)
Eidetic Memory
Set-Up
Teamwork (1)
Defensive Attack
Iron Stomach - Can eat anything that is not toxic (W&W feat)

POWERS
Shapeshift 7
Comprehend 3 (all languages – speak and listen)
Communication 8 (Mental) – 2000 miles

DRAWBACKS
None

SUMMARY
Abilities 18 + Skills 6 (24 ranks) + Feats 13 + Powers 70 + Combat 28 + Saves 15 – Drawbacks 0 = 150 / 150

BACKGROUND
Changeling is a member of the Grue in an alternate universe where the Grue are a peace-loving knowledge-seeking race who enjoy meeting new races and people because it allows them to learn new things to integrate into their culture. When the Alterni-Teens (teenage Sliders, essentially) bounced through this dimension and got into the usual super-powered misunderstanding fight, the Grue of this dimension were appalled that their race could be considered warlike and sent a youngling of their race to accompany the Alterni-Teens and one day bring back the new knowledge she has learned. Changeling has taken to this with great gusto and altogether too much perkiness.

PERSONALITY
Imagine the brightest, most cheerful person you can. Multiply that by five. Imagine that they're constantly on a caffeine high and take great joy in learning everything possible and thinks that every aspect of Earth culture is cool and novel. Changeling has managed to maintain this attitude for several years now.

TACTICS
Obviously, Changeling is front-loaded for Shapeshifting. In addition to forms inspired by Earth creatures (and late-night horror, sci-fi, and fantasy movies), Changeling has a number of alien forms from growing up as a Grue. She doesn't tend to be an offensive powerhouse, preferring to take forms that will help protect her friends, but she is capable of getting very angry when her friends get hurt. She has been known to play the cuteness card, employing her Shapeshift for ranks of Disarming (Hero High feat that allows one to prevent a villain from attacking until attacked if they fail a Will save), Attractive, or Emotion Control to convince a villain to leave her and her teammates alone.

COMPLICATIONS
* Prejudice - Not everyone may realize that this particular Grue is friendly. While her default appearance is human, she can assume some horrific forms and her physiology will still detect as Grue for any scanners that specifically check for the markers.
* Naiveté - Changeling wants to believe the best of everybody that she meets. This means that she has occasionally been the subject of various pranks and mean tricks and she's always a sucker for a villain who claims that they're willing to give up or reform.
* Alien Ways - Changeling grew up in an entirely different culture from ours. While she's picked up on a number of Earth concepts, she's still prone to bizarre feats like guzzling drain cleaner (she likes the taste and hadn't realized it was poisonous to humans) or altering her appearance or behavior to try to fit in with a given group and not understanding why they don't automatically accept her (the Hero High book as a very charming anecdote where she tries to be "elmo" like Seven). The jury's out on whether some of her behavior is intentional because she knows she can get away with it.
* Enemies - Changeling has acquired a number of enemies in her exploits at Hero High and the local Grue are known to hate what she stands for.

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Clayface

Postby FuzzyBoots » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:13 pm

This was my submission for a former DC game. Basic history in the comics for the character was that he was a firefighter who got exposed to chemicals related to the original Clayface while trying to fight a fire in an abandoned warehouse. He found himself transforming against his will and was eventually subverted by Hush (admittedly under threat of harm to his wife and child) to impersonate Alfred in order to implicate him in a crime. By the end of the comic book, he'd realized his error and stood against the villains, but died in the process. For the character, I assumed that he wasn't as dead as everyone thought, and eventually clawed his way back out of the grave, subsequently contacted by Batman to be tapped as a potential agent. For the sake of this game, this went far enough as to have Batman sponsor him.
-----
Liberally cribbed from Taliesen's build and modified to better fit Johnny Williams, the 7th Clayface.

Clayface
Power Level: 10; Power Points Spent: 150/150

STR: +0 (10), DEX: +2 (14), CON: +12 (34), INT: +2 (14), WIS: +0 (10), CHA: +3 (16)

Tough: +12, Fort: +12, Ref: +6, Will: +6

Skills: Bluff 12 (+15), Disguise 4 (+7/+42), Drive 4 (+6), Knowledge (streetwise) 4 (+6), Profession (Firefighter) 8 (+8), Stealth 8 (+10)

Feats: Attack Focus (melee) 4, Attractive (+4), Challenge - Durable Lie, Distract (Bluff), Dodge Focus, Improved Grab, Power Attack, Set-Up, Skill Mastery (Bluff, Diplomacy, Perform (Acting), Disguise)

Powers:
- Linked Powers -
. . Body Weaponry (Strike 10) (Alternate; DC 25; Penetrating [5 ranks only]; Knockback, Precise, Split Attack 2 (3 targets), Subtle (subtle))
. . Corrosion 10 (Alternate; DC 25; Custom (Non-Objects only on the Drain))
. . Enhanced Strength 20 (Alternate; +20 STR)
. . Total Acting Package
. . . . Enhanced Trait 6 (Linked; Traits: Perform (acting) +8 (+11), Diplomacy +8 (+11), Feats: Attractive (+4), Skill Mastery (Bluff, Diplomacy, Perform (Acting), Disguise))
. . . . Morph 7 (Linked; morph: broad group - any humanoid, +35 Disguise)
. . Snare 10 (Alternate; DC 20; Engulf)
. . Suffocate 10 (Alternate; DC 20)
Elongation 5 (Elongation: 100 ft., range incr 50 ft., +5 Escape & Grapple)
Immunity 6 (critical hits, disease, poison, suffocation (all))
Impervious Toughness 12 (Limited 2 (Blunt only))
Insubstantial 1 (Fluid)
Regeneration 8 (recovery rate (disabled) 5 (recover 1 / minute), recovery rate (injured) 3 (recover 1 / minute); Source (Natural Earth); Diehard, Regrowth)
Super-Movement 3 (slithering, sure-footed 1 (25% penalty reduction), wall-crawling 1 (half speed))
Super-Strength 4 (+20 STR carry capacity, heavy load: 1.6k lbs; +4 STR to some checks; Bracing, Groundstrike (Radius: 100 ft., DC 20))

Carrying capacity: Light 532 lbs/4.3 tons, Medium 1.1 tons/8.5 tons, Heavy 1.6 tons/12.8 tons

Attack Bonus: +6 (Ranged: +6, Melee: +10, Grapple: +10/+19)

Attacks: Body Weaponry (Strike 10), +10 (DC 25), Corrosion 10, +10 (DC Fort/Tou ), Snare 10, +10 (DC Ref/Staged 20), Suffocate 10, +10 (DC Fort 20), Unarmed Attack, +10 (DC 15)

Defense: +8 (Flat-footed: +4), Knockback: -12

Initiative: +2

Drawbacks:
* Vulnerable, common, moderate, Fire / Heat Attacks
* Vulnerable, common, moderate, Ice / Cold Attacks
* Weakness, very common, moderate, Water, 20 minutes, CON drain, Fatal

Languages: English

Complications
* Temper - Since he was infected, Johnny has been prone to losing his temper in times of stress. In the comics, this also led to him losing whatever facade he was temporarily taking on and going to his clay form.
* Villainous appearance - When in his clay form, Johnny looks just like everyone's favorite amorphous psychopath. No, not Schlock, but the other Clayfaces. He's bound to run into complications from people who don't realize or don't believe he's on the side of angels
* Legally deceased - Johnny's body was tagged and buried. His wife and children survived him (or at least were shown as such when he died in the comics). When in his regular appearance, the chances are decent that a random associate will recognize him or at least think that they do. Fellow firemen and family will be the most likely cases.

Totals: Abilities 38 + Skills 10 (40 ranks) + Feats 10 + Powers 67 + Combat 26 + Saves 10 - Drawbacks 11 = 150

Hero Lab® and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at http://www.wolflair.com
Mutants & Masterminds, Second Edition is ©2005-2011 Green Ronin Publishing, LLC. All rights reserved.
Last edited by FuzzyBoots on Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Pretty Deadly

Postby FuzzyBoots » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:42 pm

PRETTY DEADLY
Magical Girl Mercenary

APPEARANCE
Height: 5' 5”
Weight: 90 lbs
Hair: Brown, tied back in a braid

Power Level: 10; Power Points Spent: 150/150

STR: +1 (12), DEX: +5 (12/20), CON: +4 (12/18), INT: +1 (12), WIS: +0 (10), CHA: +1 (10/12)

Tough: +4/+10, Fort: +8, Ref: +9, Will: +8

Skills: Acrobatics 6 (+11), Bluff 4 (+5), Climb 4 (+5), Computers 2 (+3), Craft (chemical) 2 (+3), Disable Device 4 (+5), Drive 2 (+7), Gather Information 6 (+7), Intimidate 6 (+7), Knowledge (current events) 2 (+3), Knowledge (history) 2 (+3), Knowledge (popular culture) 4 (+5), Knowledge (tactics) 8 (+9), Language 1 (+1), Notice 6 (+6), Pilot 1 (+6), Profession (Soldier) 5 (+5), Search 6 (+7), Sense Motive 6 (+6), Stealth 6 (+11), Survival 5 (+5)

Feats: Acrobatic Bluff, Attack Focus (ranged) 5, Attack Specialization (Summoned Guns (Variable 4)) 3, Dodge Focus 5, Elusive Target, Equipment 1, Evasion 2, Fearless, Grappling Finesse, Improved Initiative 2, Luck 3, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Quick Draw 2, Uncanny Dodge (Visual)

Powers:
Enhanced Trait 16 (Traits: Constitution +6 (18, +4), Dexterity +8 (20, +5), Charisma +2 (12, +1))
Sailor Suit (Device 2) (Hard to lose)
..Protection 6 (+6 Toughness; Impervious [4 ranks only])
Speed 3 (Speed: 50 mph, 440 ft./rnd)
..Leaping 3 (Alternate; Jumping distance: x10)
Summoned Guns (Weapon Creation 4) (acquire: single powers - limited to: weapons; Action (free); Duration (Continuous))

Power Settings:
Assault Rifle (Power Setting) (Powers: Assault Rifle (Blast 4))
..Assault Rifle (Blast 4) (DC 19, Feats: Improved Critical (Assault Rifle (Blast 4)) 2; Autofire 2 (interval 1, max +2); Subtle (subtle), Improved Range (100 ft. incr))

Combat Knife (Power Setting) (Powers: Strike 9)
..Strike 9 (DC 25; Penetrating 9; Mighty, Subtle (subtle))

Concertina Wire (Power Setting) (Powers: Concertina Wire (Constricting Snare 4))
..Snare 4 (DC 14; Constricting, Trail Area (100 ft. trail - General), Duration 2 (sustained), Independent; Range (touch))

Dual Desert Eagles (Default Power Setting) (Powers: Dual Desert Eagles (Blast 5))
..Dual Desert Eagles (Blast 5) (DC 20, Feats: Precise Shot 2; Shapeable Area (5 cubes of 5 cu. ft. - Targeted); Knockback, Progression, Incr. Area Extra 2 (area x5 - 25 cubes of 5 cu ft.))

Flamethrower (Power Setting) (Powers: Flamethrower (Cone) (Damage 5))
..Flamethrower (Cone) (Damage 5) (DC 20; Duration 2 (sustained), Independent, Cone Area (50 ft. cone - General))

Grenade Launcher (Power Setting) (Powers: Fragmentation Grenade (Blast 5))
..Fragmentation Grenade (Blast 5) (DC 20; Explosion Area (50 ft. explosion - General); Improved Range (125 ft. incr))
....Flashbang Grenade (Dazzle 4) (Alternate; affects: three sense types - visual, hearing, DC 14; Burst Area (20 ft. radius - General); Improved Range (100 ft. incr); Full Power)
....Sleep Grenade (Fatigue 4) (Alternate; DC 14; Cloud Area (20 ft. diameter, lingers - General), Range (ranged); Improved Range (100 ft. incr); Full Power)
....Smoke Grenade (Obscure 4) (Alternate; affects: all sense types, Radius: 50 ft.; Independent; Improved Range (100 ft. incr); Full Power)
....Tear Gas Grenade (Nauseate 4) (Alternate; DC 14; Explosion Area (40 ft. explosion - General), Range (ranged); Improved Range (100 ft. incr); Full Power)

Landmine (Power Setting) (Powers: Land Mine (Damage 7))
..Land Mine (Damage 7) (DC 22; Penetrating [3 ranks only], Cone Area (70 ft. cone - General); Triggered 2 (any trigger), Subtle (subtle))

Sniper Rifle (Power Setting) (Powers: Sniper Rifle (Blast 5), Super-Senses 1)
..Sniper Rifle (Blast 5) (DC 20, Feats: Improved Aim, Improved Critical (Sniper Rifle (Blast 5)) 5; Subtle 2 (undetectable), Improved Range 2 (250 ft. incr))

Stun Gun (Power Setting) (Powers: Stun 6)
..Stun 6 (DC 16; Knockback; Accurate 2 (+4))

Thermite (Power Setting) (Powers: Corrosion 6)
..Corrosion 6 (DC 21; Slow Fade (1 minute))

Attack Bonus: +4 (Ranged: +9 , Melee: +4, Grapple: +9)
Weapons Summoning Ranged: +15, Weapons Summoning Melee: +10

Attacks: Assault Rifle (Blast 4) +15 (DC 19), Thermite (Corrosion 6) +10 (DC Fort/Tou 16/21), Dual Desert Eagles (Blast 5) +15 (DC 20), Flamethrower (Cone) (Damage 5) (DC Reflex/Tou 15/20), Flashbang Grenade (Dazzle 4) (DC Fort/Ref 14), Fragmentation Grenade (Blast 5) (DC 20), Land Mine (Damage 7) (DC Reflex/Tou 17/22), Sleep Grenade (Fatigue 4) (DC Ref/Fort 14), Concertina Wire (Snare 4) (DC Ref/Tou 14/19), Sniper Rifle (Blast 5) +15 (DC 20), Combat Knife (Strike 9) +10 (DC 25), Stun Gun (Stun 6) +14 (DC Fort/Trip 16), Tear Gas Grenade (Nauseate 4) (DC Fort/Ref 14), Unarmed Attack, +4 (DC 16)

Defense: +10 (Flat-footed: +3), Knockback: -7

Initiative: +13

Languages: English, Japanese

Equipment:
Cell Phone, Camera, Binoculars, Night-Vision Goggles, Gas Mask

DRAWBACKS
None

SUMMARY
Abilities 8 + Skills 22 (88 ranks) + Feats 30 + Powers 56 + Combat 18 + Saves 16 – Drawbacks 0 = 150 / 150

BACKGROUND
Aika had always been a bit of a military otaku. She loved guns and studying military tactics and held a private dream of becoming a soldier of fortune. This dream was foiled by a lack of access to any kind of real gun and by her slight frame. One day, while drooling over a display of Airsoft guns in a mall in Tokyo, she was caught in the crossfire of a magical battle. She awoke to find that the combination of magic that had struck her had given her the ability to transform into a magical girl. The magic had conformed to her desires and she found that her fuku was camouflage-patterned and that she had the ability to summon various weaponry on command. Through an odd twist of fate, she became friend with the Magical Girl Hunters, two friends out of work who'd decided on a whim to pursue the route of eliminating the pestilence of Magical Girls infesting Japan. She had many bizarre adventures with them including becoming the lover of Koi, then transformed into a magical girl himself, later transformed into a god of chaos and part of a cosmic scheme that included turning much of Tokyo into chocolate pudding... or at least she dreamed extremely vivid and realistic dreams of this scenario before waking in her hospital bed. She tried to seek out Koi and Itami but it seemed they had never existed in this world. Part of her still believes that this other reality she dreamed of had to be more than just a fantasy, but she has found no evidence of the pair. Still, her newfound abilities had made her a popular mercenary despite her odd appearance.

PERSONALITY
Not entirely emotionless, but she is not a terribly passionate fighter. She fights calmly and precisely, using her ability to bound about the battlefield to attempt to keep her range and snipe her enemies from a distance. The one exception is magical girls. Perhaps it's a remnant of that other life, perhaps she's their natural predator, or perhaps she doesn't like their faces, but she slaughters any magical girls she encounters on the spot.

COMPLICATIONS
* Temper - She cannot suffer a magical girl to live
* Obsession - Somewhere out there, there is a way to be reunited with her Koi once more
* Honor - Her word is her bond. She has on occasion broken contracts, but only where she believed that she had been betrayed first.

Edit: Considering making Weapons Summoning a variable power (6 pt for Military Descriptors, make it a Move Action to switch) and remove 3 pp from Luck but ultimately, I prefer the idea of a stable arsenal with additional options bought by Hero Points. Also, fixed the cost for Independent flamethrower (forgot about Concentration duration) and changed the thermite to straight Corrosion with Penetrating on the Damage part for about the same reason.
Further Edit: In a playtest, realized that the third level of Autofire makes absolutely no sense with a +3 damage attack. :-P Changed it to Autofire 2, +4, no Accurate. Still a wee bit under caps, but it will do.
Another Edit: Decided that I had enough spherical explosives and changed the Landmine into a cone. Call it a Claymore if you will. Should help reduce collateral damage in some situations. And I keep going back and forth on whether to implement as Weapons Summoning or the Variable effect... the main concern I have with using Hero Points to simulate new equipment is that said power goes away right away, which eliminates things like generating a parachute, SCUBA gear, a gas mask, a riot shield, etc. Advice? Anyone? Bueller?
Yet Another Edit: *cricket* *cricket* Well, while inputting this into Hero Lab, I took advantage of the Power Settings to play with the Variable and I think I like it better. Example power settings can be seen above. Her favorite is the Desert Eagles. She's got a fair amount of options from 10/10 to 15/5 in terms of damage and she can shift toward further damage using Power Attack and/or improved criticals. Also, came to realize Autofire 3 does let her do up to 4 pts of Autofire damage instead of the current 2, but I think half ranks for the Autofire suit her better.
More and More Edits: After more thought, I went ahead and moved her into the Weapon Creation power, restricting me down to a single power at a time (removing the Extended Vision from the Sniper Rifle) and only weapons (which... I feel like I'm eventually going to regret if I suddenly need a parachute) but also changing the Action to Free and the Duration to Continuous.

Aika is currently battling her way across Providence Asylum in Aika's Asylum Assaeult: Pretty Deadly in Providence in the Story Hour. She's doing alright for herself so far, having taken down the Maestro, Choke Chain and minions, and Buzz (OC) and her duplicates.
Last edited by FuzzyBoots on Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:35 pm, edited 10 times in total.

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Inertia

Postby FuzzyBoots » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:05 am

^_^ Just for variety, a speedster powerhouse. Och... ever since I read the breakdown of Toughness vs. Defense and Attack Bonus vs. Save DC, I've found myself prone to skewing my characters towards the Tough and Hard-Hitting side.

Inertia
Power Level: 7; Power Points Spent: 130/130

STR: +10 (30), DEX: +0 (10), CON: +7 (24), INT: +0 (10), WIS: +0 (10), CHA: +0 (10)

Tough: +10, Fort: +7, Ref: +5, Will: +5

Skills: Bluff 4 (+4), Concentration 4 (+4), Intimidate 12 (+14), Medicine 2 (+2), Notice 6 (+6), Profession (Football Player) 8 (+8), Sense Motive 8 (+8)

Feats: All-Out Attack, Attack Focus (Melee) 3, Attack Specialization (Unarmed Attack), Defensive Throw, Endurance 2, Fast Overrun, Improved Grab, Improved Overrun, Improved Throw, Interpose, Power Attack, Startle, Takedown Attack 2, Withstand Damage

Powers:
(Saving Throw) Protection 4 (saving throw: toughness; Impervious)
Density 6 (+12 STR, +3 Toughness, Weight Multiplier: x5, Adds: Immovable 2, Super-Strength 2; Permanent)
Immovable 2 (Resist Movement: +8, Resist Knockback: -2; Unstoppable)
Super-Strength 2 (+10 STR carry capacity, heavy load: 6.4 tons; +2 STR to some checks; Groundstrike (Radius: 70 ft., DC 17), Thunderclap (Area: 35 ft., DC 17))
Growth 4 (+8 STR, +4 CON, +1 size category; Permanent)
Immovable 4 (Resist Movement: +16, Resist Knockback: -4; Unstoppable)
Super-Speed 5 (+20 Initiative, Adds: Quickness 5, Speed 5; Rapid Attack (Radius: 25 ft.))
Quickness 5 (Perform routine tasks at 50x speed)
Speed 5 (Speed: 250 mph, 2200 ft./rnd)

Attack Bonus: -1 (Ranged: -1, Melee: +2, Grapple: +17/+19)

Attacks: Unarmed Attack, +4 (DC 25)

Defense: +4 (Flat-footed: +2), Size: Large, Knockback: -18

Initiative: +0/+20

Languages: English

Totals: Abilities 10 + Skills 11 (44 ranks) + Feats 18 + Powers 71 + Combat 10 + Saves 10 + Drawbacks 0 = 130

Xerxes Harrington was your typical college sports scholarship kid. He came from a comfortable middle-class family, he got OK grades in class, he attended parties every weekend on the University of Dayton campus, and he had steady girlfriend who he would hang out with. And, in his spare time, he trained obsessively. He knew that the difference between being on the primary team and on the reserves was not just a matter of natural talent or even of training to perfect technique, but rather a resolve to endure no matter what. The key was to keep moving constantly, and he who stopped moving forward would fall back. And so, he pushed his body, lifting weights until his muscles felt like rubber, doing sprints until he'd collapse in the grass. While running, while lifting, he felt contentment, knowing that he was always pushing a little faster, a little harder. His efforts were won by him consistently being in the starting lineup. Scouts were starting to pay attention to him and he was certain that he had it made. Then, one day, he woke up to find that he'd gained two inches of height and another ten pounds of muscle. Overnight.

It seemed to be a complete anomaly at first and no one seemed to notice, ascribing his sudden increase in muscle to a more gradual change that they hadn't noticed. And still, Xerxes pushed himself, putting aside the event in his mind. Surely, he'd just not noticed the difference either. And late growth spurts were known to happen. It was nothing to worry about. And then it happened again. This time, it was a half foot of height and none of his clothes fit him anymore. He couldn't hide his state and so he went to his coach. His coach took one look at his sudden increase in physique and shook his head. Even were this natural, he said, no one would believe that Xerxes wasn't doing something to force this growth. Suddenly, all of Xerxes dreams were dashed. He was off of the team, his scholarship was ended as of this year, and no one cared for him anymore, not even his ex. He dealt with his plight just as he's always done so, plunging himself into training. He stopped attending classes, didn't bother with parties. If he wasn't lifting weights, he was running. If he wasn't running, he was doing calisthenics. And the growth spurts kept happening. Soon, he was well over eight feet in height and his weight could be measured in tonnage. His bed had long since collapsed and Xerxes slept on the floor. He knew that he was being observed as this happened, but he couldn't bring himself to care. Then, one day, he reached a breakthrough. While running, he found that his legs were moving faster and faster as the world seemed to crawl to a halt. Always obsessed with keeping moving, Xerxes had discovered superhuman levels of speed and so he ran. By the time he'd managed to tire himself out, he was several states away. He padded to a halt and looked back on where he'd come from. Really, what was there left for him there?

The next town was midsized, a hamlet really, but it had a bank whose franchise had merged with his. Xerxes entered it to withdraw the totality of his savings and ran into a robbery in progress. Looking back on it, it was a dumb move, rushing in and tackling the guy holding the shotgun. The next minute passed in a literal blur as Xerxes proceeded to take apart the entire gang, the blasts of their guns not even brusing him with their impacts on his muscled flesh. After the last one was collapsed in a blubbering heap, Xerxes walked up to the nearby teller and asked if he could make a withdrawl from his account. Stunned, the teller did just that and did nothing but stare as Xerxes walked out. Since then, he's taken to roaming from town to town, keeping on the move and foiling crimes as he comes across them, with some wit among the press naming him Inertia after he tried to explain his theory of remaining in motion at all times. He barely bothers with the vestige of a costume -- he figures that there aren't many lumbering giants over eight tall and almost six wide -- merely sporting football garb picked up from the towns he's passed through. It's a motley array of high school, college, and professional gear, but it feels like home to him. Sooner or later, he figures he'll figure out what he's supposed to do with his life. Until then, he figures he'll just keep running in some direction and hoping to keep from falling behind.

Complications
* Obsession - Xerxes is very single-minded in his pursuits. He's also very used to going through obstacles rather than around them.
* Does not relate - Prior to his change, Xerxes didn't have many real friends, although he had a lot of acquaintences. Now, he feels entirely removed from humanity. He's likely to be loyal to his teammates (No I in Team after all) but he's probably not going to be entirely close with them until he comes to grips with what he's become.
* Enemies - Xerxes is unaware that prior to his disappearance, he was being monitored by a few organizations, both governmental and criminal, for his potential talents. At least some of these organizations have recognized the similarities between a certain overgrown college junior and the roaming vigilante he's become.

Return to “Roll Call”