Builds (2E) of FuzzyBoots - Zdolność, Mockingbird, Trip, Bug

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Builds of FuzzyBoots (mostly original)

Postby FuzzyBoots » Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:18 am

^_^ I really could use feedback if anyone's willing to help me out. Some of these characters have seen playtesting, but not all of them, and most of those for a small variety of situations. I know that Presto's got somewhat limited options at the moment, considering changing him up a bit. I know you're out there... I can hear your breathing and I can see the view counter go up periodically.

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby FuzzyBoots » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:59 am

Och, and there's why feedback's so nice. Just realized in a playtest that the third level of Autofire for Pretty Deadly did absolutely nothing since her damage bonus was only +3. Ah well, live and learn, right?

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Boomer

Postby FuzzyBoots » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:23 am

Originally, I was writing this guy up for Project Freedom when they were recruiting (Tuo-Fa and Robin wound up winning the spots). My concept started out as a general explosives guy who scrupulously did bombings in such a way to destroy buildings without casualties and specifically for various political causes he supported. For a little while, I toyed with using a Toon template on him with his background being that he was an animated character from a kid's show, always blowing things up for the fun of it. Finally, I wound up with the following build. The Powers are a bit messy due to issues in Hero Lab with attaching extras and feats to an array.

Boomer
Power Level: 10; Power Points Spent: 150/150

STR: +1 (12), DEX: +4 (18), CON: +3 (16), INT: +2 (14), WIS: +0 (10), CHA: +1 (12)

Tough: +3/+9, Fort: +7, Ref: +10, Will: +7

Skills: Acrobatics 4 (+8), Bluff 8 (+9), Climb 4 (+5), Computers 1 (+3), Concentration 8 (+8), Craft (chemical) 12 (+14), Craft (structural) 8 (+10), Disable Device 12 (+14), Disguise 4 (+5), Drive 3 (+7), Knowledge (physical sciences) 6 (+8), Knowledge (streetwise) 4 (+6), Language 3 (+3), Notice 12 (+12), Profession (Demolitions) 5 (+5), Search 6 (+8), Sense Motive 6 (+6), Sleight of Hand 4 (+8), Stealth 6 (+10)

Feats: Attack Focus (ranged) 4, Contacts, Defensive Roll 3, Dodge Focus 6, Equipment 3, Fearless, Inventor (explosives) - Knowledge (Physical Sciences), Craft (Chemical), Light Sleeper, Luck, Second Chance (Disarm Devices checks), Skill Mastery (Craft (Chemical), Disable Device, Notice, and Stealth), Throwing Mastery 2, Well-Informed

Powers:
Burst Explosion (Blast 10) (DC 25; Range (perception), Burst Area (250 ft. radius - Targeted); Action (full); Indirect 2 (any point, directed away), Progression, Incr. Area Extra 2 (area x5), Triggered 2 (any trigger); Power Loss (Can't snap fingers))
__Cone Explosion (Blast 10) (Alternate; DC 25; Cone Area (200 ft. cone - Targeted), Range (perception); Action (full); Indirect 3 (any point, any direction), Progression, Incr. Area Extra (area x2), Triggered 2 (any trigger); Power Loss (When unable to snap fingers))
__Contact Blast (Linked)
____Strike 10 (Linked; DC 25; Accurate 5 (+10))
____Trip 10 (Linked; Knockback; Range (touch); Knockback 4, Improved Trip)
__Cylinder Explosion (Blast 10) (Alternate; DC 25; Cylinder Area (250 ft. radius + height - Targeted), Range (perception); Action (full); Indirect 2 (any point, directed away), Progression, Incr. Area Extra 2 (area x5), Triggered 2 (any trigger); Power Loss (When unable to snap fingers))
__Line Explosion (Blast 10) (Alternate; DC 25; Line Area (5x500 ft. line - Targeted), Range (perception); Action (full); Progression, Increase Area (area x2), Indirect 3 (any point, any direction), Triggered 2 (any trigger); Power Loss (When unable to snap fingers))
__Rapid Explosion (Blast 10) (Alternate; DC 25; Shapeable Area (50 cubes of 5 cu. ft. - General); Triggered 2 (any trigger), Indirect 2 (any point, directed away), Progression, Incr. Area Extra 2 (area x5); Power Loss (When unable to snap fingers))
__Shapeable Explosion (Blast 10) (Alternate; DC 25; Range (perception), Shapeable Area (50 cubes of 5 cu. ft. - Targeted); Action (full); Progression, Incr. Area Extra 2 (area x5), Indirect 2 (any point, directed away), Triggered 2 (any trigger); Power Loss (When unable to snap fingers))
ESP 10 (affects: 1 type - tactile; Simultaneous; Limited (Limited to directing perception attacks), Limited (Limited to locations he's been to))
Throwing Knives (Blast 5) (piercing, DC 20; Subtle (subtle))

Equipment: Throwing Knives [Throwing Knives (Blast 5), piercing, DC 20; Subtle (subtle)], Undercover Vest

Attack Bonus: +0 (Ranged: +4, Melee: +0, Grapple: +1)

Attacks: Burst Explosion (Blast 10), +4 (DC 25), Cone Explosion (Blast 10), +4 (DC 25), Cylinder Explosion (Blast 10), +4 (DC 25), Line Explosion (Blast 10), +4 (DC 25), Rapid Explosion (Blast 10), +4 (DC 25), Shapeable Explosion (Blast 10), +4 (DC 25), Strike 10/Trip 10, +10 (DC 25/20), Throwing Knives (Blast 5), +4 (DC 23), Unarmed Attack, +0 (DC 16)

Defense: +11 (Flat-footed: +3), Knockback: -4

Initiative: +4

Languages: British Sign Language, English, French, Gaelic

Totals: Abilities 22 + Skills 29 (116 ranks) + Feats 26 + Powers 46 + Combat 10 + Saves 17 + Drawbacks 0 = 150

---------------------------------------------------------------
Overall, he comes off as a bit too much of the bathroom mentalist. My intent behind the ESP limited to perception attacks is his claims that he already set explosives in a given place whereupon he snaps his fingers and detonates them.

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Tarot

Postby FuzzyBoots » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:08 pm

Details to be filled out later as well as putting the sheet into a more readable format... but the intent (as seen by the name) was a Tarot homage. Submitted to the Wil Cards: Aces and 8's game.

Tarot
Character Name: Angela-Marie Talbot
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 143 lb
Hair: Red, long and straight
Eyes: Cerulean
Power Level: 8
Power Points: 120
Appearance: On the tall and reedy side, her features are a little too strong and aquiline to be beautiful, but she has a certain appeal to her. Her movements tend to be spare and terse, lacking elegant grace. Her typical garb is a dark green long-sleeved shirt and brown leather pants with combat boots on her feet and a simple full-face cloth mask to hide her identity. The staff is a simple oaken staff that's been polished to a dark brown sheen by constant use.

----------Background---------
When Angela encountered late 16th century Europe in class in High School, it was the beginning of what was to become a mad affair. She read every book she could on the the subject, watched the movies, even wrote to historians to try to understand it better. The SCA at the local college happily accepted her encyclopaedic knowledge and art skills and repayed her with staff lessons that she took to like a fish to water. Particularly fascinating to Angela was the origins of Tarot cards. At first, she feared them as possibly being an occult influence but the more she studied their background, the more she found the prominent Catholic imagery in early decks. She designed her own deck based on the fragmentary art work she could find and was considering trying to sell it online when the Event happened.

When the Event happened, Angela thought she'd been untouched. She went home to friends and family and tried her best to put her life back together despite so many people dying, so many people gaining strange powers, so many people... changing into monstrous and illogical forms. She thought she was one of the lucky ones who showed no sign until one day, she dropped one of her cards and had three strapping young men appear before her, staffs in hand, ready to do battle for her sake. It wasn't long before she found that she could animate any of her cards, indeed any drawing at all. More experimentation proved that she could even draw upon the symbolism of her own personal deck to gain aspects of the trumps. Knowing that she had this power, she started to view the chaos outside not so much as a dire danger, but more as a possibility, a chance to carve her own life out in a world filled with mystery and magic, just like the people in the 16th century. And so, staff in hand, fine chain mail hidden below her clothing, and cards always at the ready, she started to walk the streets, occasionally acting as a hero, but more often just enjoying the experience.
--------------------------------------

STR: +1 (12), DEX: +4 (18), CON: +2 (14), INT: +2 (14), WIS: +4 (18), CHA: +2 (14)

Tough: +2/+7, Fort: +4, Ref: +8, Will: +6

Skills: Acrobatics 4 (+8), Bluff 7 (+9), Computers 2 (+4), Concentration 9 (+13), Craft (artistic) 10 (+12), Diplomacy 4 (+6), Knowledge (streetwise) 2 (+4), Knowledge (history) 6 (+8), Notice 6 (+10), Perform (singing) 4 (+6), Pilot 2 (+6), Sense Motive 8 (+12), Sleight of Hand 4 (+8), Stealth 6 (+10), Swim 2 (+3)

Feats: Attack Focus (melee) 4, Attack Specialization (Quarterstaff), Attractive, Defensive Roll 2, Dodge Focus 6, Equipment 3, Luck 3, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Seize Initiative, Skill Mastery (Acrobatics, Craft (Artistic), Sense Motive, Sleight of Hand)

Powers:
Animate Images (Animate Object 7) (Custom (Animate Images); Progression, # Objects 3 (10 objects))
AP: Tarot Guises (Variable 4) (Alternate; acquire: multiple powers; Limited (to Tarot images))

Power Settings:
Chariot Trump (Power Setting) (Powers: Speed 5)
Fool Trump (Power Setting) (Powers: Luck Powers (Container, Passive 4))
..Enhanced Trait 3 (Traits: Notice +7 (+17), Sense Motive +5 (+17))
..Enhanced Trait 5 (Feats: Conspiracy Theorist 5)
..Luck Control 4 (bestow hero points, force a re-roll, negate gm fiat, spend hero point for another)
Minor: Ten of Swords (Power Setting) (Powers: Blast 5)
Strength Trump (Power Setting) (Powers: Super-Strength 6, Strength +4 (16, +3))

Equipment: Art supplies, Camera, Cell Phone, Multi-Tool, PDA, Quarterstaff, Tarot deck, Undercover Vest

Attack Bonus: +4 (Ranged: +4, Melee: +8, Grapple: +9)

Attacks: Blast 5, +4 (DC 20), Quarterstaff, +10 (DC 18), Unarmed Attack, +8 (DC 16)

Defense: +9 (Flat-footed: +2), Knockback: -3

Initiative: +4

Languages: English

Totals: Abilities 30 + Skills 19 (76 ranks) + Feats 24 + Powers 25 + Combat 14 + Saves 8 + Drawbacks 0 = 120

Complications:
* In over her head - Angela hasn't quite realized just how dangerous this new world can be. She's been lucky so far to not get hurt, but her luck isn't going to hold forever.
* Belief system - While she was never a holy roller, Angela maintains her Catholic faith and often struggles with whether she should be doing more with her gifts.
* Family - Angela's father died in the Event, but her mother still lives as do a younger brother and a younger sister. her mother knows that Angela walks the streets at night occasionally, and knows that she does so with staff and armor, so therefore knows that Angela is seeking trouble and is bound to find it.
Last edited by FuzzyBoots on Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Ubik

Postby FuzzyBoots » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:56 pm

Ubik
"He is everywhere"
Power Level: 8; Power Points Spent: 120/120

STR: +3 (16), DEX: +3 (16), CON: +3 (16), INT: +3 (16), WIS: +3 (16), CHA: +3 (16)

Tough: +3/+8, Fort: +6, Ref: +6, Will: +6

Skills: Concentration 12 (+15)

Feats: Attack Focus (ranged) 2, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 5, Dodge Focus 5, Eidetic Memory, Equipment 8, Jack-of-All-Trades, Light Sleeper, Lionheart, Online Research

Powers:
Comprehend 3 (languages - read all, languages - speak all, languages - understand all)
Download Skillset (Variable 1) (acquire: any trait)
Regeneration 2 (resurrection 2 (1 day), DC 12; True Resurrection) - The body stays dead, but another Ubik arrives.
Shared Mindset (Array 18) (default power: ESP)
..Combat Powers (Container, Passive 7) (Array; Duration (continuous); Tiring)
....Enhanced Trait 29 (Traits: Attack Bonus +4 (+6), Defense Bonus +5 (+8), Dodge Focus +1 (+3), Defensive Roll +4 (+5), Feats: Attack Focus (ranged) 2, Defensive Attack, Lionheart)
....Mixed Bag of Tricks (Variable 1) (acquire: all of (type), limited to: combat feats)
..Duplication 8 (Array; Heroic, Duration (continuous), Survival; Action (full); Progression, # Duplicates 2 (5 duplicates), Mental Link)
..ESP 9 (Default; affects: all types, Notes: Not truly ESP, just a matter of Ubik hitching a mental ride on one of his duplicates.)

Power Settings:
Computer Geek (Power Setting) (Traits: Computers +13 (+16))

Equipment: Binoculars, Camera, Cell Phone, Flashlight, Heavy Pistol, Kukri, Laptop Computer, Lock Release Gun, Multi-Tool, Personal House, Vehicle: Compact Car, Video Camera

Vehicle: Compact Car
Power Level: 8; Equipment Points Spent: 9
STR: +10 (30)
Toughness: +8
Powers:
Speed 5 (Speed: 250 mph, 2200 ft./rnd)
Defense: -1, Size: Large
[b]Totals:
Abilities 2 + Skills 0 (0 ranks) + Feats 0 + Features 0 + Powers 5 + Combat 1 + Saves 1 + Drawbacks 0 = 9

HQ: Personal House
Power Level: 8; Equipment Points Spent: 7
Toughness: +5
Features: Garage, Library, Living Space, Power System, Security System 1, Workshop
Size: Large
Totals: Abilities 0 + Skills 0 (0 ranks) + Feats 0 + Features 6 + Powers 0 + Combat 1 + Saves 0 + Drawbacks 0 = 7

Attack Bonus: +2/+6 (Ranged: +4/+8, Melee: +2/+6, Grapple: +5/+9)

Attacks: Heavy Pistol, +8 (DC 19), Kukri, +6 (DC 19), Unarmed Attack, +6 (DC 18)

Defense: +5/+8 (Flat-footed: +2), Knockback: -4

Initiative: +3

Languages: English

Totals: Abilities 36 + Skills 3 (12 ranks) + Feats 15 + Powers 53 + Combat 4 + Saves 9 + Drawbacks 0 = 120

Background: Ubik is many. Ubik is ubiquitous. Ubik is certain that he was at one time an individual, but all of that seems somewhat hazy now. As it stands, there are thousands of Ubiks scattered around the world, living their individual lives, their mindsets linked in a hive mind. As brains are limited things, a given Ubik can only truly channel one of the group's skills at a time, but when they do, they are masters at what they do. An Ubik can bud to form new Ubiks who can aid him. An Ubik can also draw upon the combat prowess of one of their number who went into Private Military Contracting, although the strain will tell on the Ubik's body from their mind pushing the body to do things it has not trained for. Lastly, an Ubik can choose to borrow the eyes of another Ubik, effectively allowing them to see any other place on Earth they wish, limited only by the existence of an Ubik at that location.

Complications:
Prejudice - Ubiks are not the most sociable people and their odd intonations and tendency to stare through an individual, not to mention a tendency to refer to themselves in third person as one entity, has a tendency to freak people out.
Web of Favors - Although of one mind, there is a complex system of favors and gifts exchanged among the Ubiks for aid and knowledge. At any time, an Ubik may be called upon to fulfill one of these favors, much as he might choose to ask another Ubik for a favor.
Detached - Ubiks are placid individuals who seldom form strong bonds with those who are not Ubik.

Notes:
^_^ A silly little character that came into mind when I was playing 1st Edition. I originally wrote him up with Duplication with many levels of Progression, then realized that his multiples were more description than anything else. The Variable skills was troublesome too, until the clarification with Pocket UP that Variable was not supposed to have a rank limitation. Thus, his 5 pp of skills is more than enough for him to max out any skill he chooses to use. I don't know how well he would work as a PC... he's more of a skill-monkey than anything else, although the AP off of his ESP does allow him to reach his caps in combat. Note that were an Ubik separated from the rest of the group, their native skills are pitiful. Such an Ubik would be a sad little lonely thing.

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby FuzzyBoots » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:05 am

So... are there any good tricks to getting feedback? ^_^ Pictures would probably help, but I'm not much of an artist for the most part. Do I need to write more background? Less? Bribe people? Take requests?

MorningKnight
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: Builds of FuzzyBoots - Boomer, Tarot, Ubik

Postby MorningKnight » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:17 pm

I was going to comment on the utter sublime brilliance of Ubik last night - but I was wore out.

Ubik is the awesomesauce.

Boomer is also quite neat, and I had missed Pretty Deadly. She actually seems to be a step up from Talesin's Sailor Woo. Plus, brunette in a miniskirt with twin Desert Eagles - epic win!

Man Called True
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Man Called True » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:12 pm

Well, I see someone's a Philip K. Dick fan... I tried reading that book, but I couldn't get into it. PKD isn't really my thing, I guess.

If I knew more about this game I'd give a more thorough dose of feedback, but so far most of it's pretty good from my perspective. I don't really care for Loli-Chan, but that's mainly because she feels a lot like a more perverted Sailor Nothing, and I'm not fond of deconstructions.
I've forgotten more than some people will ever know... Of course, there's my problem...

My Character Stumblings

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby FuzzyBoots » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:35 pm

Man Called True wrote:Well, I see someone's a Philip K. Dick fan... I tried reading that book, but I couldn't get into it. PKD isn't really my thing, I guess.

Some of his works I like and some not so much. The Man in the High Tower, I just couldn't get past the opening bits.

Man Called True wrote:If I knew more about this game I'd give a more thorough dose of feedback, but so far most of it's pretty good from my perspective. I don't really care for Loli-Chan, but that's mainly because she feels a lot like a more perverted Sailor Nothing, and I'm not fond of deconstructions.

^_^ Ah, another Stefan Gagne fan out there. Different deconstruction of the magical girl genre, but yeah, intended to be a bit of a deconstruction. She was also a continuation of a theme I ran with a prior D&D character about how the flip side of love is obsession, and extremes are potentially dangerous.

Man Called True
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Man Called True » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:39 pm

FuzzyBoots wrote:
Man Called True wrote:Well, I see someone's a Philip K. Dick fan... I tried reading that book, but I couldn't get into it. PKD isn't really my thing, I guess.

Some of his works I like and some not so much. The Man in the High Tower, I just couldn't get past the opening bits.

Ironically, that's the only Philip K. Dick book I've ever finished.
I've forgotten more than some people will ever know... Of course, there's my problem...

My Character Stumblings

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Four Suits of Tarot

Postby FuzzyBoots » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:59 am

^_^ I was trying to put together generic builds to show up when Tarot invoked the images on her Minor Arcana cards. Even with cards as rich in imagery as the Rider-Waite decks, there are limits on what can be drawn from animating them. So, instead, I separated it out into one per suit. My favorite were the Coins. Big hulking bits of round metal that can't get up without an Acrobatics check, leaving it down to a 50/50 chance of them rocking up on edge.

Staff-wielder - Rods

Power Level: 8; Power Points Spent: 105/105

STR: +4 (18), DEX: +3 (16), CON: +0 (-), INT: +0 (10), WIS: +0 (10), CHA: +0 (10)

Tough: +6/+8, Fort: Immune, Ref: +5, Will: +5

Skills: Intimidate 4 (+4), Notice 4 (+4), Sense Motive 6 (+6), Stealth 2 (+5)

Feats: All-Out Attack, Attack Flurry (Quarterstaff) 4, Attack Focus (melee) 2, Cunning Fighter, Dodge Focus 3, Equipment 2, Improved Disarm, Improved Sunder, Improved Throw, Improved Trick, Improved Trip, Power Attack, Precise Strike, Redirect, Set-Up, Teamwork 2

Powers:
Strike 2 (DC 21; Mighty, Extended Reach (5 ft.), Accurate 2 (+4))
..Climbing Kick 2 (Alternate; DC 21; Mighty, Up in the Air)
..Trip 4 (Alternate; Range (touch); Extended Reach (5 ft.), Accurate 3 (+6))
Super-Movement 6 (perfect balance, sure-footed 4 (no penalty), trackless)

Equipment: Quarterstaff [Strike 2, DC 21; Mighty, Extended Reach (5 ft.), Accurate 2 (+4)], Studded leather

Attack Bonus: +4 (Ranged: +4, Melee: +6, Grapple: +10)

Attacks: Climbing Kick 2, +6 (DC Stability/Tou), Strike 2, +10 (DC 21), Trip 4, +12 (DC 14), Unarmed Attack, +6 (DC 19)

Defense: +8..(Flat-footed: +3), Knockback: -4

Languages: Native Language

Totals: Abilities 4 + Skills 4 (16 ranks) + Feats 24 + Powers 12 + Combat 18 + Saves 43 + Drawbacks 0 = 105

Swordsman - Swords

STR: +3 (16), DEX: +2 (14), CON: +0 (-), INT: +0 (10), WIS: +2 (14), CHA: +1 (12)

Tough: +3/+8, Fort: Immune, Ref: +8, Will: +4

Skills: Acrobatics 4 (+6), Intimidate 9 (+10), Medicine 2 (+4), Notice 5 (+7), Ride 4 (+6), Sense Motive 8 (+10)

Feats: Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Ambidexterity, Attack Focus (melee), Attack Specialization (Longsword (Strike 4)) 2, Blind-Fight, Challenge - Improved Demoralize, Defensive Attack, Defensive Strike, Dodge Focus, Elusive Target, Equipment 2, Fighting Style: Fencing, Fighting Style: Sword-fighting, Improved Block, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative 2, Improved Startle, Improved Sunder, Interpose, Lightning Strike, Lionheart, Passing Attack, Power Attack, Rage, Startle, Sweeping Strike, Swift, Takedown Attack, Taunt, Teamwork 2, Wallop, Weapon Bind, Weapon Break

Powers:
Longsword (Strike 4) (DC 22; Mighty)

Equipment: Longsword [Longsword (Strike 4), DC 22; Mighty], Plate-Mail

Attack Bonus: +2 (Ranged: +2, Melee: +3, Grapple: +6)

Attacks: Longsword (Strike 4), +7 (DC 22), Unarmed Attack, +3 (DC 18)

Defense: +6..(Flat-footed: +3), Knockback: -4

Initiative: +10

Totals: Abilities 6 + Skills 8 (32 ranks) + Feats 36 + Powers 0 + Combat 14 + Saves 41 + Drawbacks 0 = 105

Giant Coin - Coins

STR: +7 (24), DEX: +4 (18), CON: +0 (-), INT: +0 (-), WIS: +3 (16), CHA: +0 (-)

Tough: +9, Fort: Immune, Ref: +7, Will: Immune

Skills: Acrobatics 5 (+9), Concentration 4 (+7)

Feats: All-Out Attack, Attack Focus (melee) 3, Endurance 2, Evasion, Fast Overrun, Improved Initiative 3, Improved Overrun, Improved Throw, Interpose, Move-by Action, Ninja Run 3, Passing Attack, Stunning Attack, Swift 2, Takedown Attack 2, Wallop, Zig-Zag 3

Powers:
Flaming Wheel (Damage 2) (DC 24; Line Area (20 ft. line - Targeted); Selective Attack; Mighty (+7 to hit))
Growth 4 (+8 STR, +4 CON, +1 size category; Permanent)
Immovable 8 (Resist Movement: +32, Resist Knockback: -8; Custom (While moving))
Roll Up (Super-Movement 2) (wall-crawling 2 (full speed); Limited (While moving))
Super-Movement 1 (perfect balance)

Attack Bonus: +1 (Ranged: +1, Melee: +4, Grapple: +16)

Attacks: Flaming Wheel (Damage 3), +4 (DC Staged/Tou), Unarmed Attack, +4 (DC 22)

Defense: +5..(Flat-footed: +3), Size: Large, Knockback: -16

Initiative: +16

Drawbacks: Disability, common, moderate, Cannot use move action to rise from prone

Totals: Abilities -10 + Skills 3 (9 ranks) + Feats 28 + Powers 31 + Combat 16 + Saves 40 - Drawbacks 3 = 105

Cup-Bearer - Cups

STR: -1 (8), DEX: +2 (14), CON: +0 (-), INT: +3 (16), WIS: +3 (16), CHA: +3 (16)

Tough: +0/+4, Fort: Immune, Ref: +7, Will: +9

Skills: Craft (chemical) 9 (+12), Knowledge (arcane Lore) 6 (+9), Knowledge (physical sciences) 7 (+10), Medicine 3 (+6), Notice 7 (+10), Sense Motive 4 (+7)

Feats: Attack Focus (melee) 2, Attack Specialization (Magic Vessel (Device 5)) 2, Defensive Roll 4, Dodge Focus 5, Equipment 1, Teamwork

Powers:
Magic Vessel (Device 5) (Easy to lose)
..Alchemical Array (Array 10) (default power: healing)
....Acid Splash (Acid 8) (Array; DC 23; Extended Reach 3 (15 ft.), Incurable)
....Fog of Feelings (Emotion Control 8) (Array; DC 18; Shapeable Area (8 cubes of 5 cu. ft. - General); Range (ranged); Mind Blank, Progression, Increase Area 2 (area x5), Reversible)
....Healing Draught (Healing 6) (Default; DC 16; Total, Restoration; Limited to Others; Persistent, Regrowth)
....Liquid Power (Boost 5) (Array; boost: all traits, DC 15; Others Only)
....Sapping Fog (Fatigue 4) (Array; DC 14; Insidious, Burst Area (20 ft. radius - General), Selective Attack)
....Universal Solvent (Linked)
......Damage 4 (Linked; DC 19; Duration 2 (sustained), Independent)
......Drain 8 (Linked; drains: single trait - toughness, DC 18; Affects Objects (Only))
Super-Senses 11 (acute: Smell, analytical: Smell, analytical: Sight, microscopic vision 4 (atom-size), rapid: Smell 2, rapid: Sight 2)

Equipment: Sickle, Undercover Shirt

Attack Bonus: +2 (Ranged: +2, Melee: +4, Grapple: +3)

Attacks: Acid Splash (Acid 8), +8 (DC 23), Damage 4, +4 (DC Staged/Tou {ref multisave}{macro star}{ref}), Drain 8, +4 (DC Fort/Staged 18), Fog of Feelings (Emotion Control 8), +6 (DC Staged/Will 18), Sapping Fog (Fatigue 4), +8 (DC Fort 14), Sickle, +4 (DC 15), Unarmed Attack, +4 (DC 14)

Defense: +5..(Flat-footed: +0), Knockback: -2

Initiative: +2

Totals: Abilities 10 + Skills 9 (36 ranks) + Feats 15 + Powers 26 + Combat 4 + Saves 41 + Drawbacks 0 = 105
Last edited by FuzzyBoots on Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Mechanix

Postby FuzzyBoots » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:31 pm

Mechanix

STR: +13 (36), DEX: +2 (14), CON: +10 (30), INT: +1 (12), WIS: -1 (8), CHA: +0 (10)

Tough: +13, Fort: +10, Ref: +6, Will: +7

Skills: Acrobatics 4 (+6), Computers 4 (+5), Intimidate 12 (+16), Notice 6 (+5), Sense Motive 8 (+7)

Feats: All-Out Attack, Attack Focus (melee) 3, Attack Specialization (Unarmed Attack), Challenge - Fast Startle, Dodge Focus 6, Improved Grab, Improved Grapple, Interpose, Startle

Powers:
(Saving Throw) Protection 4 (saving throw: toughness; Impervious)
Blazing Sword ((Strength Bonus) Strike 4) [Dyn: 1/r, +7max 0PP] (Penetrating)
. . Afterburners (Speed 4) [Dyn: 1/r, max 4PP] (Alternate; Speed: 100 mph, 880 ft./rnd)
. . Coil Arms (Elongation 4) [Dyn: 1/r, max 4PP] (Alternate; Elongation: 50 ft., range incr 40 ft., +4 Escape & Grapple)
. . Jump Jets (Leaping 4) [Dyn: 1/r, max 4PP] (Alternate; Jumping distance: x25)
Comprehend 2 (languages - speak all, languages - understand all)
Density 6 (+12 STR, +3 Toughness, Weight Multiplier: x5, Adds: Immovable 2, Super-Strength 2; Permanent; Innate)
. . Immovable 2 (Resist Movement: +8, Resist Knockback: -2)
. . Super-Strength 2 (+10 STR carry capacity, heavy load: 29.4 tons; +2 STR to some checks)
Gestalt 5 (Progression, # Components (5 components))
Growth 8 (+16 STR, +8 CON, +2 size categories; Permanent; Innate)
Immunity 19 (common descriptor: Biological, life support)

Attack Bonus: +2 (Ranged: +2, Melee: +5, Grapple: +28/+30)

Attacks: Unarmed Attack, +7 (DC 28)

Defense: +7 (Flat-footed: +1), Size: Huge, Knockback: -20

Initiative: +2

Drawbacks: Involuntary Transformation, common, moderate, Split into Gestalt Components if Stunned

Totals: Abilities 14 + Skills 9 (34 ranks) + Feats 16 + Powers 88 + Combat 14 + Saves 12 - Drawbacks 3 = 150

Brawler
(two, one for each leg)

Power Level: 7; Power Points Spent: 75/75

STR: +6 (22), DEX: +1 (12), CON: +0 (-), INT: -1 (8), WIS: -1 (8), CHA: -1 (8)

Tough: +9, Fort: Immune, Ref: +6, Will: +3

Skills: Sense Motive 4 (+3)

Feats: Attack Focus (melee) 3, Dodge Focus 3, Elusive Target, Stunning Attack, Takedown Attack 2, Teamwork, Windracer

Powers:
Climbing Kick 3 (DC 24; Up in the Air, Mighty)
Protection 9 (+9 Toughness)

Attack Bonus: +2 (Ranged: +2, Melee: +5, Grapple: +11)

Attacks: Climbing Kick 3, +5 (DC Stability/Tou +9/24), Unarmed Attack, +5 (DC 21)

Defense: +5 (Flat-footed: +1), Knockback: -4

Initiative: +1

Drawbacks: Vulnerable, common, minor, Water-based attacks

Totals: Abilities -2 + Skills 1 (4 ranks) + Feats 12 + Powers 19 + Combat 8 + Saves 39 - Drawbacks 2 = 75

Blaster
(Intended to be two, one for each arm. PL 4.5 defensively, PL 7 offensively. Needs work)
Power Level: 10; Power Points Spent: 75/75

STR: +1 (12), DEX: +3 (16), CON: +4 (18), INT: -1 (8), WIS: -1 (8), CHA: -1 (8)

Tough: +5, Fort: +4, Ref: +5, Will: +3

Skills: Acrobatics 3 (+6), Climb 5 (+6), Stealth 8 (+11)

Feats: Attack Focus (ranged) 3, Attack Specialization (Laser Blast (Blast 6)), Dodge Focus 4, Eagle Eyes, Improved Aim, Power Attack, Precise Shot 2, Teamwork

Powers:
Immunity 10 (common descriptor: Biological)
Laser Blast (Blast 6) (DC 21; Accurate (+2), Improved Range (150 ft. incr), Subtle (subtle))
. . Glob Gun (Snare 5) (Alternate; DC 15; Shapeable Area (5 cubes of 5 cu. ft. - General))
. . Grenade (Blast 5) (Alternate; DC 20; Burst Area (25 ft. radius - General))
. . Homing Missiles (Blast 7) (Alternate; DC 22; Homing (1 attempt))
. . Incendiary (Ignite 6) (Alternate; DC 21; Range (ranged); Accurate (+2), Affects Insubstantial (half ranks))
Leaping 2 (Jumping distance: x5)
Protection 1 (+1 Toughness)
Speed 2 (Speed: 25 mph, 220 ft./rnd)
Super-Movement 2 (slow fall, wall-crawling 1 (half speed))

Attack Bonus: +3 (Ranged: +6, Melee: +3, Grapple: +4)

Attacks: Glob Gun (Snare 5), +6 (DC Ref/Staged 15), Grenade (Blast 5), +6 (DC 20), Homing Missiles (Blast 7), +6 (DC 22), Incendiary (Ignite 6), +8 (DC Staged/Tou {ref multisave}{macro star}{ref}), Laser Blast (Blast 6), +10 (DC 21), Unarmed Attack, +3 (DC 16)

Defense: +4 (Flat-footed: +0), Knockback: -2

Drawbacks: Vulnerable, common, moderate, Cold

Totals: Abilities 10 + Skills 4 (16 ranks) + Feats 14 + Powers 38 + Combat 6 + Saves 6 - Drawbacks 3 = 75

Fixer
(And yes, he forms the head. And torso. PL 4 defensively and only PL 7 offensively due to an area attack)

Power Level: 10; Power Points Spent: 75/75

STR: -1 (8), DEX: +1 (12), CON: -1 (8), INT: +7 (24), WIS: +1 (12), CHA: -1 (8)

Tough: -1/+4, Fort: +2, Ref: +3, Will: +4

Skills: Computers 2 (+9), Craft (chemical) 2 (+9), Craft (electronic) 4 (+11), Craft (mechanical) 4 (+11), Craft (structural) 2 (+9), Knowledge (physical sciences) 6 (+13), Knowledge (technology) 6 (+13), Notice 8 (+9), Pilot 1 (+2), Ride 1 (+2), Sense Motive 8 (+9)

Feats: Assessment, Attack Specialization (Multi-Gun (Device 4)) 2, Dodge Focus 4, Improvised Tools, Interface (Craft (Mechanical), Craft (Electronic)) 2, Inventor, Precise Shot 2, Salvage, Second Chance (Craft (Electronic) checks, Craft (Mechanical) checks) 2, Skill Mastery (Craft (Electronic), Craft (Mechanical), Knowledge (Physical), Knowledge (Technical)), Teamwork, Zen Strike

Powers:
Immunity 10 (common descriptor: Biological)
Multi-Gun (Device 4) (Easy to lose)
. . Graser Blast (Blast 4) (gravity, technology, DC 19, Feats: Precise Shot 2; Penetrating; Homing (1 attempt), Indirect (in front of you, directed away))
. . . . De-Vitalizer (Drain 5) (Alternate; chemical, technology, drains: all traits of type - ability scores, DC 15; Slow Fade (1 minute))
. . . . Entropifier (Nullify 8) (Alternate; counters: all powers of (type) - technology, DC 18; Randomize)
. . . . Neuron Scrambler (Confuse 7) (Alternate; magnetic, technology, DC 17; Shapeable Area (7 cubes of 5 cu. ft. - Targeted); Reversible, Subtle (subtle))
. . . . Sleep Ray (Fatigue 5) (Alternate; technology, vibration, DC 15; Range (ranged); Sedation)
Supplemental Armor (Device 1) (Hard to lose)
. . Protection 5 (+5 Toughness)
Techno Visor (Device 1) (Hard to lose)
. . Super-Senses 5 (counters obscure: Vision, detect: Weakness (Vision) 1, microscopic vision 1 (dust-size), rapid: Vision 1)

Attack Bonus: +0 (Ranged: +0, Melee: +0, Grapple: -1)

Attacks: De-Vitalizer (Drain 5), +4 (DC Fort/Staged 15), Entropifier (Nullify 8), +4 (DC Will 18), Graser Blast (Blast 4), +4 (DC 19), Neuron Scrambler (Confuse 7), +4 (DC Will 17), Sleep Ray (Fatigue 5), +4 (DC Fort 15), Unarmed Attack, +0 (DC 16)

Defense: +4 (Flat-footed: +0), Knockback: -2

Initiative: +1

Drawbacks: Vulnerable, common, moderate, Magnetics

Totals: Abilities 12 + Skills 11 (44 ranks) + Feats 17 + Powers 30 + Combat 0 + Saves 8 - Drawbacks 3 = 75

Created With Hero Lab® - try it for free at http://www.wolflair.com!

Edit: Och... once I got home and started plugging the values into HeroLab, my totals started coming out all wrong not to mention those little things like having a vulnerability based on stun with an immunity to stun. I actually already have the gestalt components written up at home in HeroLab, although they still need some tuning. ^_^ For those noting the cultural references, yes I am going for a 5-robot gestalt like Voltron, although the components are humanoid, not leonid, and are more differentiated (the two arms are Blaster/Sniper sorts, the two legs are melee combatants, and the "Head/Body" component is their resident skills/tinkerer/device monkey). Still working on the history.
Last edited by FuzzyBoots on Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Sailor H

Postby FuzzyBoots » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:25 pm

Sailor H

STR: +5 (10/20), DEX: +3 (16), CON: +7 (10/24), INT: +1 (12), WIS: +2 (14), CHA: +7 (10/24)

Tough: +7/+11, Fort: +7, Ref: +10, Will: +7

Skills: Acrobatics 12 (+15), Concentration 4 (+6), Escape Artist 6 (+9/+12), Intimidate 12 (+19), Medicine 2 (+4), Notice 8 (+10), Profession (Librarian) 2 (+4), Search 4 (+5), Sense Motive 6 (+8), Stealth 10 (+13), Survival 2 (+4)

Feats: Acrobatic Bluff, Attack Focus (melee) 2, Attack Specialization (Grapple) 3, Attack Specialization (Whip powers (Container, Passive 6)) 2, Attractive 2, Chokehold, Defensive Throw, Dodge Focus 6, Elusive Target, Evasion, Fascinate (Intimidate), Favored Opponent (Magical Girls), Fearless, Grappling Finesse, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Disarm, Improved Grab, Improved Grapple, Improved Pin, Improved Trip, Monkey Climber, Startle

Powers:
Jaded (Immunity 5) (interaction skills)
Magical Girl Traits (Enhanced Trait 44) (Traits: Strength +10 (20, +5), Constitution +14 (24, +7), Charisma +14 (24, +7), Dodge Focus 6 +4 (+6), Feats: Attractive 2)
Sailor Suit (Device 2) (Hard to lose)
. . Immunity 2 (environmental condition: Extreme Heat, environmental condition: Extreme Cold)
. . Protection 4 (+4 Toughness; Impervious)
Speed 1 (Speed: 10 mph, 88 ft./rnd)
Whip powers (Container, Passive 6)
. . Elongation 3 (Elongation: 25 ft., range incr 30 ft., +3 Escape & Grapple; Projection; Limited (Limited to whip))
. . Enhanced Trait 12 (Feats: Attack Specialization (Grapple) 3, Chokehold, Defensive Throw, Fascinate (Intimidate), Improved Disarm, Improved Grab, Improved Grapple, Improved Pin, Improved Trip, Monkey Climber)
. . Strike 6 (DC 26; Mighty)
. . . . Gimp (Paralyze 7) (Alternate; DC 17; Alternate Save (Fortitude); Slow)
. . . . Snag and Fling (Trip 6) (Alternate; DC +6 Stability check; Range 1 (touch), Knockback, Up-in-the-Air (choose direction of knockback))
. . Super-Movement 3 (slow fall, swinging, wall-crawling 1 (half speed))

Attack Bonus: +2 (Ranged: +2, Melee: +4, Grapple: +15/+18)

Attacks: Gimp (Paralyze 7), +8 (DC Fort/Staged 17), Snag and Fling (Trip 6), +8 (DC Stability +6), Strike 6, +8 (DC 26), Unarmed Attack, +4 (DC 20)

Defense: +9 (Flat-footed: +2), Knockback: -7

Drawbacks: Normal Identity, uncommon

Totals: Abilities 12 + Skills 17 (68 ranks) + Feats 14 + Powers 88 + Combat 10 + Saves 12 - Drawbacks 3 = 150

Created With Hero Lab® - try it for free at http://www.wolflair.com!

-------

Another adaptation from Magical Girl Hunters, Sailor H is a classic example of a Dark Magical Girl. Her origin was that she started out Warrior Raspberry, a member of the Mystic Citrus Warriors. Sadly, her animal companion, a purple raccoon, was suffering from rabies at the time when Yoi and Itami caught up with the group and the combination of an unhinged animal mentor and having said animal mentor blown in half while it was verbally berating her left her more than a tad mentally unhinged. She was next seen in a black vinyl Sailor Uniform and a bullwhip, having declared war on cute. And she had a bit of a crush on Itami. And thus, we have yet another ally of the Magical Girl Hunters...

After some perusal of the board, I decided to make her whip attack effectively her unarmed attack, just with a longer range, so that I could use Improved Grab to model her tendency to simultaneously strike her opponents and also catch them in a chokehold. It also fits because she never seems to be without the whip. From there, I built the basic framework within the first 140 points or so, and spent the next 10 adding little details. She's slightly under caps for anything but Magical Girls.
Last edited by FuzzyBoots on Tue May 11, 2010 9:57 am, edited 3 times in total.

MorningKnight
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby MorningKnight » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:08 pm

Nice multi-part bot and Sailor H is very cool. I love the build of her whip.

Man Called True
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Re: Builds of FuzzyBoots - Tarot's Suits, Mechanix, Sailor H

Postby Man Called True » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:23 pm

You know, I'll be perfectly honest... I couldn't understand any of Mechanix's stat block. Not your fault, I just couldn't unravel it.

Interesting take on the standard "Dirty Sailor Moon" archetype with Sailor H, though. Would be interesting to see her against Loli-chan.

My Character Stumblings

Return to “Roll Call”