Xarathos' Builds: Mass Effect Templates: Infiltrator (PL 8)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Saltcrow
Zealot
Zealot

Re: Xarathos' Builds: Heroes of StarCraft: Sarah Kerrigan (PL 8)

Postby Saltcrow » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:22 pm

Hmm, I would agree that Kerrigan (infested or not) should have a much higher PL. She's been consistently described as one of the most powerful beings in the entire universe, almost godlike even. And that's just based on her pure psionic powers too.

I can't wait to see Kerrigan, QoB style soon XD

Xarathos
Comrade
Comrade

Postby Xarathos » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:50 pm

WOW. Just finished the campaign and that ending is EPIC as all get out. And Kerrigan . . . Kerrigan deserves a whole lot higher PL than I gave her credit for the first time. You were right, all of you. The Queen of Blades is a genuine super-villain level threat worthy of any MnM heroes . . . and then some. Right now I'm leaning toward PL 14-15 and an X trait, putting her in the territory worthy of a one-on-one battle with Superman . . . except there IS no Superman in the StarCraft universe. And even if there were, she'd mind control him. And then infest him. Assuming that his whole 'yellow-sun' thing wouldn't make him immune . . .

Infested Superman . . . O_O

Dang, this is going to be a challenge, and I'm going to ENJOY it. Heehee. :twisted:

Saltcrow
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Saltcrow » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:06 pm

Yeah, she'd always been a super-douper gamebreaker. She did once mind-control a 1k-yr-old Dark Templar too (Raszagal, iirc).

Vexous
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Vexous » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:22 am

The thing with her mind control is that she doesn't just go around using it left and right. Not really sure if its a power that only shows up rarely, or maybe she has to catch the person offguard like she did with Rasz, or...? Although after thinking a bit more on her psi level overall, she probably does exceede Jean or Emma and comes in just a hair under(a tiny hair) Xavier.

The ending, yeah, if you didn't have the artifact you'd have been hosed. Did you notice that Sarah, not the Queen, says don't give up to Jim at about 95% or more? Like I said, split personality.

Xarathos
Comrade
Comrade

Postby Xarathos » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:05 am

Actually, I'm not sure that was Sarah. Jim thought it was (being telepathy, it'd be hard for him to tell), but if you watch for it the portrait is Nova's! What it means, I don't know, but it's interesting one way or another.

Without the artifact, it would not have been a victory. She's too powerful for conventional means.

I'm just curious as to how that last battle fits into the next campaign (Zerg) staring Kerrigan. . . But I'm sure all will be revealed.

Woodclaw
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Woodclaw » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:50 am

Great works here, I'm waiting to see some more terran heroes.

Xarathos wrote:WOW. Just finished the campaign and that ending is EPIC as all get out. And Kerrigan . . . Kerrigan deserves a whole lot higher PL than I gave her credit for the first time. You were right, all of you. The Queen of Blades is a genuine super-villain level threat worthy of any MnM heroes . . . and then some. Right now I'm leaning toward PL 14-15 and an X trait, putting her in the territory worthy of a one-on-one battle with Superman . . . except there IS no Superman in the StarCraft universe. And even if there were, she'd mind control him. And then infest him. Assuming that his whole 'yellow-sun' thing wouldn't make him immune . . .

Infested Superman . . . O_O

Dang, this is going to be a challenge, and I'm going to ENJOY it. Heehee. :twisted:

My personal estimation for the Queen of Blades was PL13 when separated from the swarm - otherwise she is just unbeatable - with a major weak spot: Raynor. It was never explicitly stated, but Jim is probably the only thing in the galaxy that can stop Kerrigan. Why? Because somewhere deep down inside her there's a part of her that still loves him and will allow him to kill her.
"Yes, it's a bloody flying alligator setting fire to my city!"

Sam Vimes (Guards! Guards!)

From a dark corner of my mind (my build's thread)
From another dark corner of my mind (my Deviantart page)

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby catsi563 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:36 am

I'm just curious as to how that last battle fits into the next campaign (Zerg) staring Kerrigan. . . But I'm sure all will be revealed.

Ive got a feeling that the artifact split her in two honestly. Theres some possibilties with Zeratuls prophecy that kerrigan was the key to fighting the coming darkness of the returning Xelnaga, so who knows.

But a split kerrigan and a dark zerg sister of hers leading the swarm leaves a load of possibilities for the story.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563

Xarathos
Comrade
Comrade

Postby Xarathos » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:47 am

My hunch is that she's 'disinfested', but will have to rebuild her powers and control of the Zerg while maintaining her own personality and humanity. Somehow, I find the idea of a physical 'split' unlikely . . . though it would be kind of interesting.

The fact that she still has her psionic appendages on her head kind of support that idea, but we'll see.

Vexous
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Vexous » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:27 pm

Sadly, that was Nova's portrait. It was also Sarah's. The Nova and Kerrigan portraits are identical but with different hair coloring. You can use them both with the right achieves. Kerrigan portrait after defeating the game on BRUTAL(thats in all caps for a very good reason), and the Nova portrait for..........winning 1000 1v1 randoms as terran(?), I think.

But yeah, they went on the cheap with those two.

I'd really like to see the evil zerg sister storyline in Heart of the Swarm. Even better, be able to play both sides with different campaigns, but I think Blizz is leaning hard towards split personality myself.

Murkglow
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Murkglow » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:11 pm

First of all I must say I absolutely love you Starcraft characters Xarathos. In fact, so much so, that I've rewritten them all into a mini-booklet. That aside I'd just like to point out that some of your older builds are suffering from a few minor issues (for example that Teamwork thing you fixed on Raynor? Most of the Terrans have the same problem). That minor nit-pick aside, absolutely beautiful work.

Xarathos
Comrade
Comrade

Postby Xarathos » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:35 pm

Thanks, Murkglow! You're right, they are, gah - I keep forgetting that little change. I'll go back and fix that now. And I'd love to see that pdf booklet :D

EDIT: Finished making the changes. Should be all nice and pretty, now.

Xarathos
Comrade
Comrade

Xarathos' Builds: Nova, PL 8: Heroes of StarCraft

Postby Xarathos » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:19 pm

November Annabella "Nova" Terra, Agent 12-862
"We've all got skeletons in the closet. Keep it up, and I'll add yours to mine."

PL 8

Abilities: 54
STR 3/1, STA 2, AGL 5, DEX 3, FGT 9, INT 1, AWE 5, PRE 1

Powers:

- Telepath: 37 pp
    Psionicly Gifted: Senses: Psionic Awareness (Mental), Danger Sense (Mental): 2 pp
    - Psi Index 10: 32 point array, 35 pp
      I have more trouble not reading your mind: Cumulative Effortless Mind Reading 8: 32 pp
      Telekinesis: Perception Move Object 8, Subtle: 1 pp
      Mind Crush: Perception Damage Alternate Save (Will) 8: 1 pp
      Dominate: Perception Ranged Cumulative Affliction, Resisted by Will (Dazed, Compelled, Controlled) 8: 1 pp
Equipment: 60 points worth:
    - Hostile Environment Suit: 35 ep
      Life Support Systems: Immunity 10 (Life Support), 10 ep
      - Enhanced Strength 2: 4 ep
      - Protection 3, Impervious 5: 8 ep
      - Feature 1: Degrades on death of the operative, 1 ep
      - Cloaking Device: Concealment 4 (All visual): 8 ep
    Helmet:
      - Lens Construction:
      - Magnification Lenses: +5 perception bonus over distance, 1 ep
      - Flash Goggles: +5 equipment bonus versus visual Dazzle effects caused by bright light. 1 ep
      - Comm System: As Commlink, 1 ep
      - Chronometer: Time sense, 1 ep
    - C-10 Canister Rifle:
      Ranged Damage 5, Penetrating 3, Improved Critical 3 (16-20), Suppressor (Subtle 1), Targeting Scope (Improved Aim): 18 ep
      AE: Autofire Mode: Ranged Damage 5, Multiattack 5, Penetrating 3
      - Built in GPS: 1 ep
      - Built in Flashlight: 1 ep
      AE: Balisong: Knife, Strength Based Damage 1, Improved Critical 1: 1 ep

3 ep Mission Specific Equipment/AE's, including things like grapnel guns and explosive charges.

Advantages: 36
Agile Feint, Attractive, Chokehold, Defensive Attack, Equipment 12, Hide In Plain Sight,
Improved Critical (C-10 Canister Rifle), Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Trip, Jack of All Trades,
Luck 2, Move By Action, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 8, Skill Mastery (Acrobatics)

Skills: 38 pp
Acrobatics 12 (+17), Athletics 8 (+11/9), Deception 4 (+5), Expertise: Black Ops 8 (+9), Expertise: Tactics 4 (+5), Insight 10 (+15), Intimidation 4 (+5), Perception 6 (+11), Stealth 4 (+9), Technology 8 (+9), Vehicles 8 (+11)

Offense:
Offense: Init +1, Unarmed +9 (Damage 3), C-10 Canister Rifle +11 (Ranged Damage 5 (Crit 16-20)).

Defense: 17
Dodge 11, Parry 11, Fort 8, Tou 5/2, Will 8.

Totals:
Totals: Abilities 54 + Powers 37 + Advantages 36 + Skills 38 + Defenses 17 = 182

Tradeoffs: Toughness -1/Defenses +1, +1 Atk, -1 DC

Complications:
    Past: Which still haunts her despite the fact that she can't remember most of it.
    Responsibility: Terran Dominion, military hierarchy
    Play nice with the other children: Nova has difficulties with the concept of teamwork sometimes...
    Loyalty: Arcturus Mengsk
    Mission: Stop the rogue Spectres and Gabriel Tosh.
    Caught in the middle: Nova has a healthy respect for supposed terrorist Jim Raynor.

Notes: I'm just going to say this once: Nova is awesome, she deserves to be treated well, and I'm really glad she made it into StarCraft II. It's sad that her game was cancelled (excuse me, "indefinite hiatus" is the official line), and I hope Blizzard brings back the idea... only for the PC instead of the GameCube. :P

I'm probably going to take some flak for setting up Nova as being more powerful than Kerrigan (pre-infestation), but my reasoning is simple: Kerrigan, while innately an even MORE powerful psi than Nova, had psionic inhibitors used on her to limit those powers significantly. Nova never did, or if she did was substantially less limited by them. She also has no restraints about using them to accomplish her mission. If you pull the restraints off of Kerrigan, she's much more powerful, but this represents Nova's peak.

Expect more from the Queen of Blades.

I had a great deal of difficulty tracking down a good picture for this build, but I'm pretty happy with my choice of the available options.

EDIT: Added the Attractive advantage on the suggestion of Vexous. Plus it made the build come out to an even number of points. . . which makes the build more attractive as well!
EDIT: Fixed some math errors using Murkglow's document as a guide.
Last edited by Xarathos on Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Re: Xarathos' Builds: Heroes of StarCraft: Nova (PL 8)

Postby Thorpacolypse » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:29 pm

Yep...gonna have to pick up those Starcraft games...as if I didn't have enough to take up my rapidly decreasing free time... :wink:

Keep up the good work, Xarathos.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Vexous
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Vexous » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:57 pm

Augh! Another build I know next to nothing about. Guessing her TK covers that snipe ability of hers? Guessing, no, not guessing no more. My time waiting on Amazon to send my 3e at a cheaper price is done. Green Ronin wins, I'll pay the higher price and get it off their website. Their website, where its available now and not Aug31-Dec31.....

At any rate, you're right on target with giving Nova more punch than Sarah(somehow, when I say Kerrigan I just think Queen of Blades), no inhibitors for Tino's baby girl. No idea how the Attractive feat is used now, but it seems virtually no one sees her as average, so I'd guess she'd have that, although once again I have no idea how useful it is now or if it still exists. Not sure if its even worth the bother.

Xarathos
Comrade
Comrade

Postby Xarathos » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:43 pm

Glad you're enjoying, Thorp. More to come, more to come - stay tuned! :D

Vexous, you're right about Attractive, and it does still exist, so I added it to the build. As for her snipe ability, it's mostly represented by using the Improved Aim advantage granted by her rifle in combination with Power Attack and being cloaked or well hidden. Soo. . . by actually sniping. :)

The Telekinesis is more about some of the things attributed to her, like bringing down a building by accident, and so on. And she's killed by destroying people's brains on a few occasions, hence mental blast. And, of course, Dominate is based on her ability from StarCraft II of the same name.

Yeah, I wound up buying the PDF from Green Ronin and ordering the hard copy through Amazon. Worked out just slightly cheaper than buying the bundle directly from GR, just have to wait for the book. . . easier to be patient with the PDF on hand, though.

Return to “Roll Call”