Xarathos' Builds: Mass Effect Templates: Infiltrator (PL 8)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Xarathos
Comrade
Comrade

Re: Xarathos' Builds: Invincible Iron Man (PL 14)

Postby Xarathos » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:54 am

Thanks! And might I just say, I love the quote in your sig line - too perfect. :D

I try to make complications a priority with all my builds now - not only do they provide tremendous help when trying to role-play a character, but they also show off one of the systems greatest strengths. :)

dwellerofthedeep
Zealot
Zealot

Postby dwellerofthedeep » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:45 am

Hah, I hadn't even looked at my sig in months--Thanks for the compliment.

I agree with you wholeheartedly on complications. I have a hard time coming up with them for my originals a lot of the time, though.
Character Carnival!
My Blog
"If I have to give up a kidney I'll be okay because I'll still have Mutants and Masterminds."

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby catsi563 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:05 pm

the trick with complications is not to make a list of eevry single stubbed toenail, or bad relationship the character has had.

instead make a concise list of the complications most likely to come back and bite the hero in the booty.

Has the character had multiple boy friends all of whom went bad quickly that may be a complication. like bad luck love life she cant help but meet losers.

Is one of the characters exes turned out to be a super villain thats definately a complication because that one will bite her in the booty especially if the villains named lockjaw or pitbull or something.

A shady past really isnt a complication, but a dark history as a former knive of Artemis assassin is because that has real negative connotations for a super heroine and could have legal implications as well.

A character like Batman and Spiderman and Superman have all been around long enough to generate a laundry list of complications but all of them if you look have solid background to them and are rarely generic.

one thing to be cautious of is the "Rogues Gallery". A villain dujour can be a great complication for roleplay purposes but it can be difficult to maintain if you dont consistently win.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563

dwellerofthedeep
Zealot
Zealot

Postby dwellerofthedeep » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:24 pm

I like those thoughts there, catsi. I almost wish this forum had reputation so I could give you some!

One thing I tend to do is be too broad. Specificity is important.
Character Carnival!
My Blog
"If I have to give up a kidney I'll be okay because I'll still have Mutants and Masterminds."

Xarathos
Comrade
Comrade

Postby Xarathos » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:21 pm

Agreed on all counts - being specific is very important for characterization.

The thing that always strikes me about complications is that they're basically giving the GM permission in advance to screw with your character. Not that he wouldn't anyway, but how many games actually have a system designed for the players to give him ideas? On the flip side of it, they reward the player for having their character screwed with.

I tend to note the character's most important relationships under them because those are the ones villains will target. Major recurring villains get noted down, too, though an original character might not have any of these at the beginning of a campaign.

Since complications are fluid, however, if one starts coming up more than once . . . complication noted.

Rule of thumb for a good place to start with relationships; in your own comic book, these are the specific relationships your character is trying to protect with a secret identity. IE, current girlfriend, family members who live in town, that sort of thing. Any superhuman friends aren't a bad thing to note down, either, because they're the ones who will feel like they can call you for help if they need it badly enough.

Negative personality traits are good to note, too - anything that might cause you problems. Anger management issues, abrasive tendencies, pathological inability to let go of a harmful relationship (I'm looking at Scott Summers, here) or the "I'm always right" syndrome experienced by super-intellects like Reed Richards and Tony Stark. They provide a good reminder for role-play, and definitely cause the characters problems in their personal and professional lives.

Major responsibilities get noted, because they can provide conflicts between your 'real' life and the heroic one. Knowing what your character does for a living doesn't hurt, here, and if it's a high profile kind of job than it's definitely a complication.

There are a lot of good suggestions in the book, too, of course - like most of M&M it's as much art as science, and practice helps a lot. :)

And catsi, I loved the example about exes becoming supervillains - I'm going to be laughing about that for the rest of the day. :D

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby catsi563 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:17 pm

:lol: i got a kick out of that myself lol.

And another thing too is rivalries. Think of J.J. Jameson for spiderman. hes practically a complication in and of himself. He causes spidey no end of trouble but rarely can be used in a fashion role play wise that spidey and he come to at least a smidgen of an understanding.

Such rivalries can drive the character to super human efforts or cause major issues as the character tries to save the day.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563

Xarathos
Comrade
Comrade

Re: Xarathos' Builds: Updates: Spider-Man 3E

Postby Xarathos » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:04 am

The Spectacular Spider-Man
I'd say something about power and responsibility, but I can already hear the audience groaning.

PL 11, pp

Abilities: 44 pp
Strength 2/8, Stamina 2/8, Agility 2/14, Dexterity 2/8
Fighting 2/8, Intellect 5, Awareness 4, Presence 3

Skills: 31 pp
Acrobatics 7, Athletics 9, Deception 10, Technology 8, Expertise [Science] 8, Perception 8, Expertise [Photography] 4, Insight 8, Stealth 7, Intimidate 5,
Close Attack: Unarmed 4 (+14),

Advantages: 42 pp
Inventor, Equipment 1, Extraordinary Effort, Benefit 1 (Deception based on Intellect), Agile Feint, Chokehold, Close Combat 2, Hide in Plain Sight, Evasion 2, Power Attack, All Out Attack, Defensive Attack, Improved Defense, Ricochet 1, Teamwork, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative 2, Improved Trip, Instant Up, Prone Fighting, Redirect, Ultimate Effort: Dodge, Daze (Bluff), Connected, Taunt, Benefit: Ambidexterity, Great Endurance, Fast Grab, Skill Mastery: Stealth, Skill Mastery: Acrobatics, Skill Mastery: Athletics, Ranged Combat 4, Favored Environment: Urban, Move By Action,

Offense:
Unarmed +14 to hit, DC +8
Web shooters +12 to hit, DC +9 (+10 for move object)

Defense: 14 pp
Dodge: 14 Parry: 8 + 4 Toughness: 8 Fortitude: 8 + 4 = 12 Will: 4 + 6 = 10

Powers: 117 pp

Doin' Whatever a Spider Can: 91 pp
    - Is He Strong? Listen, Bud - He's got Radioactive Blood: Enhanced Strength 6, Enhanced Stamina 6; Leaping 4 (120 ft standing jump); 28 pp
    - Proportionate Speed, Agility, and Reflexes of a Spider: Enhanced agility 12, Enhanced dexterity 6, Enhanced Fighting 6; Speed 1; Enhanced Skill: Acrobatics 7, Athletics 9: 57 pp
    - Spider Traits: Super-Movement 2 (Wall Crawling 2); Spider Sense: Super Senses 1 (Danger Sense - Mental), Enhanced Feat: Uncanny Dodge: 6 pp
Web Shooters: 32 pp traits, Removable -6: 26 pp
    - Catches thieves, Just like flies: Snare 9 (PF: Split Attack); 28 pp
      AE: - Not just for snagging crooks: Create 9 (Web objects, permanent (fades in a few hours)); 1 pp
      AE: - High-tensile oxygen activated Spider-silk like compound: Move Object 10 (web line); 1 pp
    - Can he swing from a thread?: Super-Movement 1 (swinging, web line); 2 pp
Equipment:
Mini Tracer, Camera, GPS Receiver, Flashlight, Cell Phone

Complications: Guilt (Deaths of loved ones; Uncle Ben, Aunt May, Gwen Stacy), Significant Other (MJ), Low Finances, Nemesis (J. Jonah Jameson), Enemy (Norman Osborn, Eddie Brock, sizable rogues gallery), Responsibility (MJ, Daily Bugle), Reputation, Secret Identity, Radioactive Blood

Abilities 46 + Skills 31 + Advantages 42 + Defense 14 + Powers 117 = 250 pp

Okay, THIS is my revised Spider-man. One of the few characters who truly deserves to have several of his agility based skills hit caps, or to have skill mastery in more than one of them, (Especially Acrobatics and Stealth), spider-man can hit anything DC 31 or lower as a routine check. Those crazy mid-air maneuvers he does don't even make him break a sweat, and the vanishing act (aided by his high speed) is easily as effective for him as for Batman, possibly more. I dropped an AE here and there, along with a few advantages, and reworked his abilities slightly based on the discussions with Foreshadow over on his thread.

One thing I noted was that I actually had to adjust a couple of things downward in order to let his ability scores fit the level cap I wanted for him; I set the Iconic Peter at PL 11, with The Other, Iron Spider, and the Symbiote costumes all pushing him to PL 12 or so. Just my personal benchmark.

I wound up dropping Accurate attack from the build entirely - it just didn't make sense for him to use it for more than 2 points with these ability scores. I did, however, leave All Out Attack, Power Attack, and Defensive Attack, as I can see him using all of the above quite liberally. His Parry stat is left a little bit low, because Spidey has always been better at dodging ranged attacks (bullets and the like) than punches.

I promise, I'll do Deadpool next. I haven't forgotten, and rereading Agent X has got me itching to try. :)

Edit: Fixed the skills total; thanks to Jaldidog for pointing out that my mathz were off again. Sorry for any confusion that caused! /embarrassed
Last edited by Xarathos on Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Xarathos
Comrade
Comrade

Re: Xarathos' Builds: Spectacular Spider-man (PL 11)

Postby Xarathos » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:14 pm

It's about damn time I got around to this one . . .

Deadpool

Get my film adaptation right this time, Fox, or the bear gets it! Again! I'm not messing around here! Wait, am I saying this out loud or ... oh, crap, yellow boxes. Maybe I should start from the top.

PL 11

Abilities: 78 pp
Strength 4, Stamina 7, Agility 6, Dexterity 6
Fighting 15, Intellect 1, Awareness -1, Presence 1

Skills: 36 pp
Acrobatics 6 (+12), Athletics 6 (+10), Deception 9 (+10), Intimidation 6 (+7), Persuasion 4 (+5), Ranged Combat [Firearms] 11 (+17), Expertise [Popular Culture] 8 (+9), Expertise [Military] 8 (+9), Perception 6 (+5), Stealth 6 (+12), Sleight of Hand 2 (+8)

Advantages: 34 pp
Equipment 5, Challenge: Feint, Power Attack, Defensive Attack, Great Endurance, Instant Up, Prone Fighting, All-Out Attack, Improved Aim, Improved Critical 3 (Katana's 2, Unarmed 1), Redirect, Seize Initiative, Improved Initiative, Taunt, Weapon Bind, Move-By Action, Languages 3 (German, Japanese, Russian, Spanish, English (Native), Benefit (Cypher), Takedown, Accurate Attack, Improved Disarm, Improved Trip, Daze (Deception), Well-informed, Quick Draw, Luck

Powers:
24 pp
Healing Factor: 16 pp
    Regeneration 10: 10 pp,
    Feature 1: Effective immortality; Cannot die unless beheaded, and even then it might not be permanent - though extended beheading might lead to (further) brain damage. Not that you'd notice. 1 pp
    Immunity (Poisons, Disease, Mind Control, Mind Reading, Aging): 5 pp
"Stop tapping the glass!" Feature 1: Fourth Wall Awareness: 1 pp
Image Inducer: Removable, Feature 2 (Quickchange): 2 pp
Teleport Belt: Teleport 3, Extended Only, Removable -1: 5 pp

Equipment:
    Katanas: Strength Based Slashing Damage 3, Improved Critical: 4 ep
    AE: Knives: Strength Based Damage 1, Piercing, Improved Critical
    Twin Machine Pistols: +5 Damage, Multiattack: 15 ep
    Choose five AE's based on mission requirements, whether guns or grenades. 5 ep
Offense:
Guns: +5 damage, +17 Attack
Unarmed: +4 damage, +15 Attack
Katanas: +7 damage, +15 Attack
Knives: +5 damage, +15 Attack

Defenses: 18 pp
Fortitude 7 + 8 , Parry 15, Toughness 7, Dodge 10, Will 5

Total: Abilities 78 + Skills 36 + Advantages 34 + Powers 24 + Defenses 18 = 190 pp

Complications:
    Cursed with Life: Deadpool cannot die. Kind of like Lobo, only without the "everyone hates him too much" thing; Deadpool was cursed by Thanos himself to live forever. Also, in love with Death, which makes Thanos totally jealous!
    Addictions: Alcohol, though it takes him forever to get drunk, and Yoo-hoo. And possibly Bea Arthur.
    Crazier than a sack of ferrets: Yeah ... he's nuts.
    Doorknobs don't kill people, I do: He also has an odd tendency to lose track of his vocabulary. Maybe it's all the times he was shot in the head... or the mental disease... nah, couldn't be it.
    Relationships: Blind Al, Bob, agent of H.Y.D.R.A., Weasel, Cable, others.
    Enemies:T-Ray, Norman Osborn, the entire Skrull empire, and making more and more each day!
    Professional Rivalry: Bullseye, Taskmaster, Agent-X, Wolverine, and anyone else who's the best there is at what they do.
    Videor licentio: Deadpool has been known to address the author directly, and may well do the same to a GM.

Notes: Ah, Deadpool, as ever one of my favorite characters. I've always wanted to take a stab at stating Deadpool, and here it is. I think it works fairly well. I left out the Minion ("Bob") for the simple reason that Bob is primarily ineffectual, and the most iconic memories I have of Deadpool have him working alone anyway. Still, it'd be easy enough to add him in - Minion 4. With a special power for running away. :D (This was one of the things I actually loved most about Thorp's build over at J-Mart/The JM/Whatever he's calling it these days. ^^)

Next planned build is an "Other" version of Spider-man, and after that I'll probably take a stab at the other character I've been dying to build - Taskmaster.
Last edited by Xarathos on Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xarathos
Comrade
Comrade

Re: Xarathos' Builds: Updates: Spider-Man 3E

Postby Xarathos » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:34 pm

Spider-Man, "The Other"
"Are you the man who dreamed of being a spider? Or the spider who dreamed of being a man? Are you the one...or are you the other?"

PL 12

Abilities: 44 pp
Strength 2/8, Stamina 2/8, Agility 2/14, Dexterity 2/8
Fighting 2/8, Intellect 5, Awareness 4, Presence 3

Skills: 28 pp
Acrobatics 7, Athletics 9, Deception 10, Technology 8, Expertise [Science] 8, Perception 8, Expertise [Photography] 4, Insight 8, Stealth 7, Intimidate 5,
Close Attack: Unarmed 4 (+14),

Advantages: 42 pp
Inventor, Equipment 1, Extraordinary Effort, Benefit 1 (Deception based on Intellect), Agile Feint, Chokehold, Close Combat 2, Hide in Plain Sight, Evasion 2, Power Attack, All Out Attack, Defensive Attack, Improved Defense, Ricochet 1, Teamwork, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative 2, Improved Trip, Instant Up, Prone Fighting, Redirect, Ultimate Effort: Dodge, Daze (Bluff), Connected, Taunt, Benefit: Ambidexterity, Great Endurance, Fast Grab, Skill Mastery: Stealth, Skill Mastery: Acrobatics, Skill Mastery: Athletics, Ranged Combat 4, Favored Environment: Urban, Move By Action,

Offense:
Unarmed +14 to hit, DC +8
Web shooters +12 to hit, DC +9 (+10 for move object)

Defense: 14 pp
Dodge: 14 Parry: 8 + 4 + 2 = 14 Toughness: 10 (Impervious), Fortitude: 8 + 4 = 12 Will: 4 + 6 = 10

Powers: 148 pp

Doin' Whatever a Spider Can: 95 pp
    - Radiation Enhanced Spider-Strength: Enhanced Strength 6, Enhanced Stamina 6; Leaping 4 (120 ft standing jump); 28 pp
    - Proportionate Speed, Agility, and Reflexes of a Spider: Enhanced agility 12, Enhanced dexterity 6, Enhanced Fighting 6; Speed 1; Enhanced Skill: Acrobatics 7, Athletics 9: 57 pp
    - Spider Traits: Feature 1: Sticky Body (Can cling to objects or people using his wall crawling ability), Super-Movement 2 (Wall Crawling 2); Spider Senses: Super Senses 4 (Darkvision, Tremor Sense, Danger Sense - Mental), Enhanced Feat: Uncanny Dodge: 10 pp

Organic Webbing: 32 pp traits pp
    - Catches thieves, Just like flies: Snare 9 (PF: Split Attack); 28 pp
      AE: - Not just for snagging crooks: Create 9 (Web objects, permanent (fades in a few hours)); 1 pp
      AE: - Spider-Silk Rope: Move Object 10 (web line, Limited: Toward or in a reasonable arc.); 1 pp
    - Web-Swinging: Super-Movement 1 (swinging, web line); 2 pp

Stingers:
Strength Based Damage 2; Strength Damage AE: Affliction 10, (Cumulative, Limited to 2 degrees) (Dazed, Immobile, Resisted by Fortitude): 3 pp

Iron Spider Costume: 25 pp traits, Removable -5: 20 pp
Protection 2, Impervious Toughness 10: 12 pp
Feature 2: Quickchange (Any outfit at will): 2 pp
Extra Limbs 4, Enhanced Advantage (Ambidexterity), Enhanced Parry 2: 7 pp
Sensory Systems: Tracking, Radius Vision: 2 pp
Super-Movement 1: Gliding: 2 pp

Equipment:
Mini Tracer, Camera, GPS Receiver, Flashlight, Cell Phone

Complications: Guilt (Deaths of loved ones; Uncle Ben, Aunt May, Gwen Stacy), Significant Other (MJ), Low Finances, Nemesis (J. Jonah Jameson), Enemy (Norman Osborn, Eddie Brock, sizable rogues gallery), Responsibility (MJ, Daily Bugle, Tony Stark), Reputation, Secret Identity, Radioactive Blood

Abilities 46 + Skills 28 + Advantages 42 + Defense 14 + Powers 148 = 278 pp

This is my take on Spider-man shortly after embracing "The Other." It's funny - I actually LIKE a lot of the changes made, particularly the boosted senses. But seriously, what's up with the stingers? I don't know if I've modeled them right, please critique - but even PETER said, "Spider's don't have stingers!" when he found out that he did. It doesn't add up. If I were basing an Iconic Spidey at this level of power, I'd dump the stingers in favor of having the suit enhance his Fighting skills further.

The organic webbing isn't bad, but of course it's significantly more expensive.

And the Iron Spider . . . actually didn't cost as much as I'd expected. Of course, it's not exactly Iron Man - and it's not trying to be. But it DOES give him a few extra tricks, even out his Parry with his dodge, and look damn snazzy in the process. I mean, seriously, how is it that Spider-man has had so many good costumes over the years? He's like a super-human fashion guru.

Xarathos
Comrade
Comrade

Re: Xarathos' Builds: Deadpool, Spidey (The Other)

Postby Xarathos » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:17 pm

Just noting this down for when I have time. Next build to do is Taskmaster (The Udon/Simone version, which for me was the single best thing ever to happen to the character) (As some of you might have guessed from my new avatar).

After that, we'll have to see - I'm willing to entertain requests, though this has become a very "spare time" kind of thing since school started up a few weeks ago. :)

Xarathos
Comrade
Comrade

Postby Xarathos » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:46 pm

Some notes on the Taskmaster build, for when I finally get around to it:

This build is one of the times when I really feel like the "Iconic" version of the character isn't necessarily the one I like most. Taskmaster was really sold to me as more than just a gimmick character during the excellent four issue miniseries by UDON, and Gail Simone's run on Deadpool. And the costume redesign was welcome by FAR - shame it didn't take. He made a much better merc than a teacher at a "crime college." Those appearances cemented him in my mind as being one of Marvel's coolest mercenaries.

He also has the superpower that I'd be most likely to pick if I could only have one - Photographic Reflexes. That would be some seriously useful stuff, right there. I'd be a hard pick for me between flight, telekinesis, teleportation, and photographic reflexes, but in terms of sheer utility it's hard to beat that last one.

In terms of PL, just as a first estimate, I'd place Taskmaster into the PL 13 range - he's one of the few Marvel fighters I can see as a match for Batman under the right circumstances. I'd chalk up Deadpool's several victories against him as coming mostly down to his healing factor and unpredictability - and knowing that Taskmaster has made himself a legitimate threat to just about any PL of hero (holding off all the Avengers at once, even briefly, is a pretty darned impressive feat), PL 13 doesn't seem out of reach for him.

At that point, though, it becomes a matter of placing PLs on Marvel's "Top-tier" martial experts, which I would define as:

Captain America
Wolverine
Deadpool
Taskmaster
Daredevil (who evidently doesn't hit as hard as Batman - DC vs Marvel, so says Bullseye)
Bullseye
The Punisher

With "Fighter" in this case referring to someone who is a heavy melee combatant (though not necessarily exclusively) who has mastered more than one martial art. I'm sure I've forgotten a few, because this isn't a comprehensive list - these are just the ones I'm most familiar with. Most of these characters also fall into the "Peak Human" field in some way, suggesting that the highest strength any of them might have is around 5.

Wolverine earns a PL 12 (taking on anything higher than that is mainly thanks to his insanely potent healing factor). Deadpool I've already placed at 11. "Iconic" Daredevil I'd probably place around 11 or 10, putting him somewhere on the level of Nightwing. Captain America pulls a 13 partly because of his role in the universe, and partly because of his shield. Bullseye, having outgrown his relationship with Daredevil, I'd place at 10 or 11. Punisher is easily an 11, minimum, and considering that he's beaten Deadpool on several occasions despite a complete lack of a healing factor, I might even rate him a 12. . . not that beating Deadpool is a huge achievement, given how crazy he is. And yet, we still love him.

Taskmaster has the benefit of being peak human (in the Batman, rather than Captain America or Wolverine sense), and having the photographic reflexes to expand his physical repertoire ad-infinitum. And often carries a copy of Cap's shield . . .

Despite all that, I'd probably put him at PL 13, assuming his photographic reflexes are tuned correctly, with maybe a slightly lower 'default.' I could see TM taking on Cap in a fair fight and coming up even - and I KNOW he only loses to Deadpool because of the healing factor. Regeneration really does a number on certain kinds of fights . . . it makes it a lot easier to see someone winning outside their PL.

Xarathos
Comrade
Comrade

Postby Xarathos » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:57 pm

Before I jump in and try making him at the full PL 13, let's take a stab at this . . .
Playable Taskmaster
"The things I do for friends I can't stand..."

PL 10, 150 pp

Abilities: 50 pp
Strength 3, Stamina 2, Agility 5, Dexterity 5,
Fighting 7, Intellect 0, Awareness 1, Presence 2

Skills: 43 pp
Acrobatics 6 (+11), Athletics 8 (+11), Close Combat: Katana 6 (+13), Deception 8 (+10), Expertise: (Mercenary) 6 (+6), Expertise: Weapons 8 (+8), Intimidation 6 (+8), Investigation 6 (+6), Perception 8 (+9), Ranged Combat: Weapon 8 (+13), Sleight of Hand 6 (+11), Stealth 8 (+13), Vehicles 2 (+7)

Advantages: 10 pp
Assessment, Defensive Roll 4, Equipment 4, Evasion,

Powers: 20 pp
Shield Prototype Weapon Generator: Variable (5 points), Removable -1: 6 pp

Photographic Reflexes: Variable (10 points), (Observed physical skills, advantages, or training related powers): 14 pp

Equipment:
Pair of Handguns: Ranged Multiattack Damage 5
AE: Katana: Strength-based Damage 2, Multiattack 5, Penetrating 5, Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Smash.
4 additional EP's worth of equipment

Defenses: 27 pp
Dodge 12 Fortitude 8 Parry 13 Toughness 6/2* Will 9

ABILITIES 50 + SKILLS 43 + POWERS 20 + DEFENSES 27 + ADVANTAGES 10 = TOTAL 150

Complications:
Phobia: Drowning.
Relationships: Sandi, Agency X
Rivalry: Deadpool (somewhat one sided; treat it as an enemy complication, but less unfriendly)

Notes: The first in my "Playable X" series for 3E, presenting some of the iconic characters converted to archetypes!

This guy is HARD to squeeze into a playable format, but since he's one of my favorite character concepts of all time I had to try. I opted for a modified version of the Weapon Master archetype, stripping out some of the extra advantages and such to pay for his Photographic Reflexes and the "Gadgets" analogue. Any caps he doesn't hit, he can do through careful allocation of his variable traits.

"Iconic" Taskmaster will be later, but basically will look a lot like this with more powerful variable traits (probably a faster action for one thing) - along with a few more "Always On" Advantages and a significantly bumped up level cap.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Re: Xarathos' Builds: Playable Taskmaster (PL 10)

Postby Thorpacolypse » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:24 pm

I've really become a Taskmaster fan over the past few years. He was great in the last issues of Avengers: Initiative and the beginning of Siege. That's a nice PC version of him, too.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Xarathos
Comrade
Comrade

Postby Xarathos » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:39 pm

Thanks, Thorp! :D

I really need to catch up on the issues of Siege I missed . . . I heard it was good. It'd be nice to see if I still like him when they went back to the old costume, or if I'm going to be missing the UDON redesign forever.

Xarathos
Comrade
Comrade

Postby Xarathos » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:04 pm

Okay, I had the chance to read up on the latest/current run of Iron Man, and I have to say I am LOVING it so far. It's fun, it's suspenseful, Tony Stark is back and better than ever, and the new upgrades to the suit are incredible. I may have to rework my Iron Man build a bit as a result. . .

Tony Stark has officially become Science Fiction. :D

Return to “Roll Call”