J-Mart: Preparing for Relocation... :)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Re: J-Mart: LADIES' NIGHT! Sheriff Mardin

Post by Thorpacolypse » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:48 pm

jspade wrote:Blok (in the LSH), Garv, and Strata (from L.E.G.I.O.N.) all had credible super-strength and durability, but neither looked quite as humanoid as Brik. I was not even clear that she's supposed to be the same species. I'd put Blok's strength at least on par with Timber Wolf's, and his overall durability seemed to be nearly Superboy level, though he was less agile.
I knew Blok was a Thing type bruiser, but I haven't seen her show anything near his, or Hannu's level. I'll have to do some more research.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Post by Thorpacolypse » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:58 pm

LADIES' NIGHT gets extended one more night so we can drop this new item for our Bleach Line!

The act of saving a comrade in need should require no thanks. - Retsu Unohana

RETSU UNOHANA
PL: 13 (242 pts) - OPL: 13 ; DPL: 13

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 5, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 6, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 4, AWARENESS 7, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 3 (+8), Athletics 5 (+8), Close Combat [Zanpakuto] 4 (+16), Deception (+2), Expertise [Kido] 9 (+13) [Ritualist], Expertise [Shinigami] 6 (+10), Insight 6 (+13), Intimidation 8 (+10), Investigation 2 (+6), Perception 6 (+13), Persuasion 9 (+11) [Connected], Ranged Combat [Kido] 6 (+14), Stealth 2 (+7), Treatment 14 (+18) [Skill Mastery]

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (2) (Status – Captain of the 4th Division), Close Attack (2), Connected, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (1), Improved Critical (1) (Zanpakuto), Improved Initiative (1), Leadership, Luck (Inspiration) (1), Move-by Action, Power Attack, Precise Attack (2) (Close, Concealment; Ranged, Concealment), Ranged Attack (2), Ritualist, Skill Mastery (1) (Treatment), Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Shinigami Physiology: Immunity 1 (Aging); 1 pt
Spirit Form: Concealment 10 (All Senses, Flaw: Limited [Only in human world], Permanent); 5 pts
Reiryuko (Spiritual Energy): 30 pt array; 35 pts
Kido - Bakudo (Sai/Horin): Ranged Affliction 10 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength/Damage; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized, Extras: Cumulative, Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited to Two Degrees); 30 pts
Kido - Hado (Sōren Sōkatsui): Multiattack Spirit Energy Ranged Damage 10 (Extra: Multiattack); 1 pt, Kido - Hado: Spirit Energy Ranged Damage 12; 1 pt
Healing: Healing 12 (Extra: Restorative, Persistent, Stabilize); 1 pt
Reiatsu Release: Burst Area Affliction 10 (Resisted by Will; 1st: Impaired, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Area Burst [30 ft radius], Extra: Subtle, Flaw: Activation [Move Action]); 1 pt
Spiritual Awareness: Senses 8 (Spiritual Awareness [Mental, Extended], Detect Spiritual Energy [Mental, Accurate, Acute, Ranged, Extended], Enhanced Advantages 1 (Assessment); 1 pt

Hoho: 8 pt Array; 9 pts
Air Walking: Flight 4 (32 mph); 8 pts
Shunpo (Flash Steps): Speed 4 (32 mph), Leaping 4 (120 ft); 1 pt

Zanjutsu: Enhanced Dodge 2 (Flaw: Sustained), Enhanced Parry 2 (Flaw: Sustained), Enhanced Advantage 1 (Improved Defense), (Quirk: Requires sword/Zanpakuto); 3 pts
Zanpakuto: 29 pts traits, Extra: Restricted 2 [Retsu only], Easily Removable (-12 pts); 19 pts
Konso/Hollow Cleansing: Feature 1 (Konso allows pluses to move on to the Soul Society), Feature 1 (When destroying a Hollow, it allows them to move on to the Soul Society or Hell, depending on the life they lived); 2 pts
Minazuki: Piercing/Slashing Strength-based Damage 3, Enhanced Advantage 1 (Improved Critical); 4 pts

Shikai: 25 pts traits, Flaw: Activation [Move Action], Quirk: Must say Release Name; 23 pts
Summon Minazuki: Summon 8 (Minazuki; Extra: Active, Mental Link); 25 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(5ep)
Healer's Kit: Bandages, Ointments, etc.

OFFENSE:
Initiative +9
Close Attack +12 [Unarmed +3]
Zanpakuto +16 [Minazuki +6, Critical 18-20]
Ranged Attack +8
Kido +14 [Hado +12; Bakudo Affliction +10; Hado (Sōren Sōkatsui) +10, Multiattack]
Special Attack [Reiatsu Release +10, Area Burst]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +15 [DC25] Parry +15 [DC25]
Toughness +9, Fortitude +10, Will +13

COMPLICATIONS:
Honor: Despite being part of a battle tested institution, she believes her and her squad's purpose is to heal and that means everyone
Power Loss: It takes a lot of spiritual energy for Shinigami to use Bankai and Arrancar to use Resurreccion. As such, it is up to the GM to determine when and if those powers can be activated and maintaining usage of those powers can eventually lead to exhaustion and inability to utilize those powers until the users' spiritual pressure has a chance to recharge
Relationships: She is close to her Lieutenant Isane Kotestu and is devoted to her squad
Responsibility: As a Shinigami, she has the responsibility to purify hollows, lead pluses to the Soul Society and uphold the laws of the Gotei 13 as the Captain of Squad 4

Abilities 84 + Skills 40 (80 ranks) + Advantages 24 + Powers 72 + Defenses 22 = 242 / 242

Comments: I thought I would whip up a Bleach character that hasn’t gotten any love here on the Tank so far, so I went with Captain Retsu Unohana of Squad 4. Her, and her squad’s, specialty is healing Kido and as stated before, you can NEVER have enough healers so she got the nod over other characters right now.

The problem is that I haven’t seen her do much outside of heal people so most of her abilities are purely Wiki driven. I might have undersold her Kido ability since she apparently hung with Yammamoto (who will probably be at least PL15) just with her Kido. She is also supposed to be a top level swordswoman so I made her very competent at that as well.

Here's is her Zanpakuto, Minazuki:

MINAZUKI
PL: 10 (119 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 10, STAMINA 10, AGILITY 1, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 4, INTELLECT -2, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE -2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 3 (+4), Athletics (+10), Close Combat [Unarmed] , Close Combat [Healing Stomach] 4 (+8), Deception (-2), Insight 3 (+5), Intimidation (-2), Perception 4 (+6), Persuasion (-2), Stealth (+1)

ADVANTAGES: Interpose

POWERS:
Giant Flying Manta: Growth 10 (+10 Str, +10 Sta, -5 Dodge/Parry, -10 Stealth, +5 Intimidation, Speed +1, +10 Mass; Extra: Innate); 21 pts
Spirit Animal Physiology: Immunity 1 (Aging), Protection 3, Impervious 4; 12 pts, Spirit Form: Concealment 10 (All Senses, Flaw: Limited [Only in human world], Permanent); 5 pts
Flight: Flight 4 (32 mph; Flaw: Winged); 4 pts
Healing Stomach: Affliction 12 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength/Damage/Escape Artist; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized, Extra: Cumulative, Extra Condition, Linked, Sustained, Flaw: Grab-Based, Limited to two degrees, Limited to Medium-sized or smaller creatures), Healing 12 (Extra: Linked, Persistent, Restorative, Stabilize, Flaw: Others only); 38 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +1
Close Attack +4 [Unarmed +10]
Healing Stomach Affliction (Swallowing) +8 [Healing Stomach Affliction +12]
Ranged Attack +0

DEFENSES:
Dodge +3 [DC13] Parry +5 [DC15]
Toughness +13, Fortitude +12, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
Disability: Minazuki has to hands to manipulate object nor does he appear to be able to speak
Responsibility: To Retsu Unohana

Abilities 6 + Skills 7 (14 ranks) + Advantages 1 + Powers 84 + Defenses 21 = 119 / 119

Comments: Retsu’ big flying Manta thing she summons with her Shikai. My favorite thing about him (her?) is that it can swallow folks and while they are in its stomach, they get healed. Gross, but effective.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: J-Mart: LADIES' NIGHT! Mardin, Brik, Rangiku, Retsu

Post by Arthur Eld » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:00 pm

I haven't tried to build Retsu for the same reason I haven't done some of the other captains, and that's that they haven't displayed Bankai. But with Bleach in its final arc, I expect I'll get to them eventually.

Retsu is one who's displayed even less than most of the other other captains, in the manga, she's never really gotten into a real fight. In the anime its different (and I guess at one point there was an imitation Retsu that was fairly badass).

One flaw about your build though, anime or manga, Retsu has been shown to be pretty damn scary when she wants. She deserves some Intimidation, definitely.

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by catsi563 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:03 pm

Yeah im with Arthur there. Retus is someone who doesnt have to use her spiritual pressure to intimidate anyone she just ""Looks"" at people funny and only slightly alters the tone of her voice and she even shuts Kenpachi up. Her intimidation ability should be doubled at least.

Also power wise though little has been shown, her history states clearly that shes one of the most powerful Sinigami in Soul Society with only Yamamoto being her superior.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:24 pm

Points taken. I will increase her Intimidation in the near future. I will leave her the same PL, though, because I would think that if she should be a higher PL, it would be with her Bankai, which hasn't been shown. She hits her PL13 caps offensively with Kido, but I haven't seen enough to be able to gage where her real max is. I can add Power Attack, though.

I am planning on keeping all the Captains at PL13 except for Yammamoto on the high end and Kurotsachi and Hitsugaya on the low end, probably PL12. I think any fights between most of them would be toss ups, even with Ukitake and Kyoraku, who haven't shown their Bankai, but have defeated Espada without it since they are very experienced.

I can always be convinced otherwise, of course. :wink:
Shop J-Mart!

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by catsi563 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:42 am

well in that regard as I understand it Kubo sensei has said something during his talk about what the last arc of Bleach has coming in it.

Unohana unleashes her Bankai. Nuff said.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563

RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: #293

Post by RedBstrd » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:10 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:More Lizard League goodness is getting stocked right now!

IGUANA
PL: 9 (134 pts) - OPL: 9 ; DPL: 9

SKILLS: Acrobatics 4 (+9), Athletics 5 (+9), Deception 5 (+5), Expertise [Criminal] 6 (+6), Insight (+1), Intimidation 7 (+7), Perception 4 (+5), Stealth 5 (+10)

POWERS:
Iguana Physiology: Swimming 4 (8 mph), Immunity 1 (Suffocation [Drowning], Flaw: Limited), Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation [Underwater]), Senses 2 (Normal Vision [Extended], Low Light Vision), Speed 1 (4 mph), Leaping 1 (15 ft); 11 pts
Iguana Suit: 27 pts traits, Removable (-5 pts); 22 pts
Body Armor: Protection 2, Impervious 4 (Flaw: Limited to piercing/slashing damage), Immunity 10 (Electrical Effects); 16 pts
Claws: Piercing/Slashing Damage 3 (Extra: Penetrating 7, Split); 11 pts

Abilities 54 + Skills 18 (36 ranks) + Advantages 14 + Powers 35 + Defenses 13 = 134 / 134
I really like this Iguana build, which I'll be using in my Valor Unlimited game set in the Invincible universe (giving you full credit, of course). I noticed a couple of things about the build, though:

1. The Favored Environment advantage needs to be specified. It looks like it should be "underwater."
2. Unless you have house rules altering the cost of Impervious defenses, her Body Armor only costs 14 points (2 for Protection 2, 2 for flawed Impervious 4, and 10 for Immunity 10). Her overall powers cost 31 pp.

RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: #294

Post by RedBstrd » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:23 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:Our last Lizard League special gets stocked on Aisle 7 as we get ready to close the doors for the evening...

That costume is so ugly it's beautiful...

SALAMANDER
PL: 9 (152 pts) - OPL: 9 ; DPL: 9

POWERS:
Salamander Physiology: Swimming 4 (8 mph), Immunity 1 (Suffocation [Drowning], Flaw: Limited), Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation [Underwater]), Senses 1 (Low Light Vision), Speed 1 (4 mph); 10 pts

Abilities 40 + Skills 19 (38 ranks) + Advantages 10 + Powers 68 + Defenses 15 = 152 / 152
As with Iguana, great build! His Salamander Physiology powers only total 9 pp (4 for Swimming, 1 for Immunity, 2 for Movement, 1 for Senses, and 1 for Speed), making his total 67 pp for powers and 151 pp overall. I wasn't sure if you intended for him to have Extended (Sight) like Iguana or if you overcharged him for the physiology package by accident.

As with the Iguana build, I'll definitely be using Salamander and giving you full credit for the great build.

RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: #291

Post by RedBstrd » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:38 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:To heck with slowing down, we're kicking out more builds! Hot on the heels of our HAIL, HYDRA! Special, we've got another group of would-be-world dominators in green ready to hit the J-Mart shelves! Brace yourselves for the epic crappiness of:

THE LIZARD LEAGUE!!!

POWERS:
Lizard King Physiology: Feature 1 (Green Skin); 1 pt

Abilities 58 + Skills 32 (64 ranks) + Advantages 29 + Powers 0 + Defenses 20 = 139 / 139
Great build! His powers cost 1 pp, though, bringing his total to 140 pp.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: #291

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:08 pm

RedBstrd wrote:
Thorpacolypse wrote:To heck with slowing down, we're kicking out more builds! Hot on the heels of our HAIL, HYDRA! Special, we've got another group of would-be-world dominators in green ready to hit the J-Mart shelves! Brace yourselves for the epic crappiness of:

THE LIZARD LEAGUE!!!

POWERS:
Lizard King Physiology: Feature 1 (Green Skin); 1 pt

Abilities 58 + Skills 32 (64 ranks) + Advantages 29 + Powers 0 + Defenses 20 = 139 / 139
Great build! His powers cost 1 pp, though, bringing his total to 140 pp.
Dude, mad props on using the Lizard League in your game! They are some of Kirkman's finest work, in my opinion, as an homage to crappy reptile themed jobbers that have haunted comics for years.

I will make those changes you noted on the builds soon. Only thing is that Iguana's powers are right, my house rule for Impervious Toughness is 2 pts per rank, so limited would make it 1 pt per rank and with 4 ranks, the 4 pts is right.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:53 pm

We've got a new item from our Gotham City location for Aisle 1!

Not a lot of people know what it feels like to be angry, in your bones. I mean, they understand, foster parents, everybody 'understands', for awhile. Then they want the angry little kid to do something he knows he can't do, move on. So after awhile they stop understanding. They send the angry kid to a boy's home. I figured it out too late. You gotta learn to hide the anger, practice smiling in the mirror. It's like putting on a mask. - John Blake

JOHN BLAKE
PL: 6 (85 pts) - OPL: 5 ; DPL: 6

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Athletics 3 (+5), Deception (+1), Expertise [Cop] 4 (+7), Expertise [Streetwise] 4 (+7), Insight 4 (+7), Intimidation (+1), Investigation 7 (+10), Perception 5 (+8), Persuasion 3 (+4), Ranged Combat [Guns] 3 (+7), Stealth 5 (+7), Vehicles 2 (+4)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (1) (Gotham Detective Clearance), Defensive Roll (1), Equipment (4), Luck (Inspiration) (1), Ranged Attack (2), Teamwork

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(20 pts)
Light Undercover Vest: Protection 1, Limited to Ballistic Damage, Subtle; 1 pt
Flashlight: Feature 1 (Illumination); 1 pt
Handcuffs: Feature 1 (Toughness 9, DC20 Sleight of Hand/Technology); 1 pt
Light Pistol: Ranged Ballistic Damage 3; 6 pts
Tonfa, Small: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 1; 1 pt
Vehicle: (10 pts)
Mid-Size Car: Size - L, Strength - 5, Speed - 5, Def - 8, Tough - 8; 10 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +6 [Unarmed +2; Tonfa +3]
Ranged Attack +4
Guns+7 [Pistol +3]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +7 [DC17] Parry +7 [DC17]
Toughness +3 (+4 against Ballistics), Fortitude +5, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Motivation: Channeling his anger to make a difference
Relationships: He is close to the children at the orphanage where he group up
Responsibility: Protecting Gotham City

Abilities 42 + Skills 20 (40 ranks) + Advantages 10 + Powers 0 + Defenses 13 = 85 / 85

Comments: I really liked the John Blake character in Dark Knight Rises. I thought Gordon-Levitt did a good job as a complimentary ally to Commissioner Gordon and Bruce. He had a few “supercop” moments, but not too over the top. I don't think he can carry a new franchise as Robin or Nightwing, or even as the new Batman, but still, I think he's a good addition to the Bat mythos. And since I think he, like Agent Coulson and others that have been introduced in other media then worked their way into the comics, will do the same, I figured I might as well get the jump and build him now.

In the Thorpacoverse, he is one of Gordon’s most trusted men and like the movie, he does deduce the Batman’s identity, but of course, he keeps it to himself and remains a staunch supporter of The Dark Knight, which has gotten him into several arguments with Harvey Bullock and others.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: J-Mart: Rangiku, Retsu, John Blake

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:59 pm

Playtest/Story – Superman vs. Iron Cross

Maneuver Legend: AA – All Out Attack, ACA – Accurate Attack, DA – Defensive Attack, PA – Power Attack, RA – Routine Attack

Intro: I thought I might get some more testing in before I try to get a story together in the fall/winter. As BARON’s tests and stories constantly remind me, I still have a LOT to learn about the system so expect more of these as the year(s) go on.

Props to Arthur Eld on the Iron Cross build. He was a great foe to throw at Clark. I plan on using more of his MnM Setting builds, along with builds from others in upcoming tests in order to work through my “I HAVE to use only MY stuff!” issues that I have. Some of Jab’s jobbers are just aching to get beaten up.

And as always, if I am off on something mechanically, let me know, it’s the only way I’ll learn.

--

It’s a beautiful spring afternoon in Metropolis. High above the rush hour traffic, the city’s fabled protector, Superman, flies around the city on his normal patrol. Outside of moving a couple of vehicles off the road to eliminate some traffic backups, and rescuing a cat in a tree for a little girl, it’s a quiet patrol, one that the Man of Tomorrow has seen far too few of lately.

And of course, it was too good to last. Out of the blue, Superman is struck with a blast of energy that knocks him out of the sky and sends him hurtling to the ground below where he makes small impact crater in the street. A large man in an iron mask flies down to where the prone hero lies and greets him with a hard kick to the stomach, sending him tumbling a few yards down the street. The Man of Steel lets out a groan of pain as he tries to collect himself.

“Hello, Superman,” the man in the iron mask says in a thick German accent. “It is so good to see you in person. I am Iron Cross, Superman. And oh, how I have waited for this day. You should be so proud of your accomplishments.”

“Should I?” Superman asked as he slowly rises to his feet. Who is this guy? He thinks to himself.

“Most certainly, Superman,” Iron Cross replied as he walked closer to the Man of Steel. “I have watched you for years now. You have become the greatest hero in the world. You have saved the planet countless times as a glowing beacon of truth and justice. You are loved the world over.”

Iron Cross’ tone darkened. “…But not by me. See, it was I that was supposed to be the shining example of what mankind could be. It was I that was going to be this world’s greatest hero as the pinnacle of Aryan engineering! It was my destiny. My birthright.

But Herr Hitler’s, and in turn, my…dream was never realized. But all that is about to change, Superman. By defeating you, I am about to show the world, right here and now, who the REAL UBERMENSCH IS!!!”

A super-powered would-be-world-conquering Nazi...I think I can rule reasoning with him out the window… Superman thought. Before he could retort, Iron Cross took a swing at him, but he was able to sidestep it. Superman comes back with a hard swing but his grogginess affected his aim and the German juggernaut was able to parry the blow and respond with a hard uppercut that snapped Superman’s head back. The Man of Steel fought through the pain and connected with a haymaker of his own but Iron Cross rolled with the blow and seemed unaffected.

“Is this it, Superman? Did I spend all this time preparing myself for nothing?” Iron Cross gloated as he sent a right cross at Superman’s head.

The Man of Steel caught his punch with his left hand, smiled and said. “Actually…you probably should have prepared more…”

Superman rocked the big German with a hard right then followed up with a double axhandle smash to drop the villain to a knee. “I’ll give you a chance to surrender, Iron Cross,” Superman said, glaring at the villain and wiping a drop of blood from his lip. “I highly suggest you take it.”

“Noble…to…the last…I see…” Iron Cross said, through labored breaths. “Thank you. But…I…don’t think I will!” And as he finished his defiant statement, he nailed Superman with hard uppercut that sent him flying across the street into an office building.

Iron Cross rose and flew towards the groggy Kryptonian, and dodges a weak Heat Vision blast that the battered hero attempted. “Now you see, Superman,” Iron Cross gloated as he leisurely floated over towards his foe. “Your time as the Ubermensch is ended. Prepare for your defeat.”

Only one chance, Superman thought as he summoned the last of his strength. Iron Cross raised his foot and prepared to stomp a hole on in Superman’s chest, but Superman managed to roll out of the way, bounded to his feet and exhaled a powerful blast of super cold air and that froze the powerful Nazi in his tracks.

“What…what is this trickery?” Iron Cross exclaimed. “Do you think some mere ice can stop me?”

“Not really,” The Man of Steel said as he stepped a bit closer to the trapped villain. “Just slow you down enough for me to stop you the old-fashioned way…” As Iron Cross struggled in vain against his icy shell, Superman drew back and sent him to dreamland with a thunderous punch. The shockwave from it shattered almost every window on the block.

Within a few minutes, the Metropolis Science Police and SHIELD were both on the scene to take Iron Cross into custody, restraining him with “Hulk-proof” manacles. After giving a brief statement, Superman flew off into the Metropolis sky, pondering what had just happened.

How could someone that powerful be around for as long as he has claims to be and I haven’t heard of him? I can't believe there's nothing about him in the Justice League archives? If he’s really a Nazi, there’s one person that would know about him for sure…

“J’onn, it’s Clark,” He said into his Justice League Commlink. “Can you get me in contact with Steve Rogers?”

To be continued?...
Surprise Round: I’m giving Iron Cross a surprise round just because so Clark will get an HP. He goes PA3 with his blaster pistol and hits with a 7+14=21. Superman has to save at DC33, and he gets an adjusted 27 for 2nd degree damage. His Impervious soaks the falling damage but I’m ruling he’s prone.
Round 1: Initiative: Iron Cross – 20, Superman – 19. IC can make it to Supes with his move action and he goes goes into melee against the prone Supes with a PA3 again, and he hits again with 10+12=22. Superman takes another 2nd degree damage, failing the DC35 Toughness check with a 27. Since he can only take one action, Supes will use it to stand.

Status – Superman (2 – 2nd degree damage, 2 hp), Iron Cross (fine,1 hp)
Round 2 & 3: IC moves in again to hit Superman, trying to end it end this quick with a PA5. This time he misses, 8+10=18. Superman goes AA2, and he misses with a natural 2. Oops. We’ll go on to the next round. IC goes PA2 this time and hits, 10+13 = 23. Superman gets a 2 on the save, HP to re-roll…gets a 3. The e-dice do NOT like Clark today. The adjusted 10+16 gets him to 26, enough to take ANOTHER 2nd damage failure. However, he is out in the sun so he heals the first 2nd degree damage. Clark uses his action to go PA3 at Iron Cross and hits, 8+15=23. IC has to save at DC36 and he does with 17+19=36. Clark’s going to have to work for this one.

Status – Superman (2 – 2nd degree damage, 1 hp), Iron Cross (fine,1 hp)
Round 4: IC goes PA3 in melee again, and hits 12+19=31. This time, Superman makes the DC35 check (barely) and goes for a big shot with a full PA5. This time he gets the roll, 6+19=25. IC has to save at DC39 and he doesn’t, getting a 32 for 2nd degree damage. Clark will surge for another PA5 and he hits again, 6+17=23. IC again has to save at DC39, he gets a 35 for 1st degree damage..

Status – Superman (2 – 2nd degree damage, fatigued, 1 hp), Iron Cross (1st degree damage, 2nd degree damage,0 hp)
Round 5: IC comes back with another PA3 and gets a 20 for a crit! Clark has to save at DC40. And he gets a 1…yikes…good thing I saved the HP. But he rolls an 8 so he gets a 10 with the HP for 26 which is a 3rd degree failure and almost a knockout. I’ll rule some knockback here, enough to send him into a nearby building. He makes the save against stone, but the building does not and he makes a nice hole through it and does a lot of damage. I’ll roll to see if anyone is in the path, 1-5 says so. Nope.

He should run…but Superman is Superman. He hangs in and goes for a PA2 with Heat Vision and misses. I’ll give him an HP for living up to his responsibility...

Status – Superman (2 – 2nd degree damage, 3rd degree damage, fatigued, 1 hp), Iron Cross (1st degree damage, 2nd degree damage,0 hp)
Round 6: IC flies over and goes for a knockout, but misses with a 10+5=15. Clark tries a different tactic to buy some time. He uses his move action to stand and uses his Freeze Breath. IC blows the check and takes a 2nd degree failure. He’s defenseless and immobilized. Clark also heals his 3rd degree condition with his regeneration.

Status – Superman (2 – 2nd degree damage, fatigued, 1 hp), Iron Cross (1st degree damage, 2nd degree damage, 0 hp)
Round 7: IC tries to break out, but geez he only got a 19 WITH his 17 strength, not good enough to break. Superman goes PA5 and rolls a 12, more than enough to beat a +0 defense, which is what IC has now. IC has to save at DC39 and he gets a 6+17=23. That’s a 4th degree failure, he’s out!
Comments: Wow. That was a good fight. I thought Superman was going down for sure but two bad rolls for Iron Cross sealed his doom. I love that Iron Cross was really better in every way but in true Superman style, he found a way to win. The dice were on his side at the end, and I probably could have had Iron Cross blast away with Power Attack, doing +20 damage with still a +12 to hit, but I wanted a slugfest for this round. I may have to do a rematch or maybe have IC go against the League or Avengers or something. He’s nasty.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Psistrike
Luminary
Luminary

Re: J-Mart: John Blake, Superman Playtest

Post by Psistrike » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:43 pm

Question about your little playtest. Those 1st degree damages they each took, were you counting each of them as -1 to the Toughness checks? Also 2nd degree damage just gives another -1 to Toughness checks and dazed til the end of their next turn, why did it seem like the dazed state lasted longer? And on those rerolls for Superman's Toughness checks, it seemed like you just made any roll below 10 a 10 only. Rerolls of 10 and below simply add 10 to the roll before the modifiers.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:57 pm

Psistrike wrote:Question about your little playtest. Those 1st degree damages they each took, were you counting each of them as -1 to the Toughness checks? Also 2nd degree damage just gives another -1 to Toughness checks and dazed til the end of their next turn, why did it seem like the dazed state lasted longer? And on those rerolls for Superman's Toughness checks, it seemed like you just made any roll below 10 a 10 only. Rerolls of 10 and below simply add 10 to the roll before the modifiers.
I was counting the -1 to Toughness checks on the 1st and 2nd degree failures, although I might have failed at math as I buzzing through it. Did I miss some adjustments?

The Dazed conditions I thought stacked, so they may have seemed longer. With Clark taking 2 2nd degree failures pretty quickly, I thought that meant he would be Dazed two rounds. If it went longer, again, it was mental error. I try to keep track of things with that Status by round, but I probably messed up.

On the re-roll, I obviously misread the rule so thanks. That's exactly why I am doing and posting these tests. In both 2E and 3E I build a lot, but run little, so I appreciate the feedback!
Shop J-Mart!

Psistrike
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Psistrike » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:15 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:I was counting the -1 to Toughness checks on the 1st and 2nd degree failures, although I might have failed at math as I buzzing through it. Did I miss some adjustments?
No, I messed up the math myself about how many -1 to Toughness checks they each had. Surprise round threw me off on Clark's total. :|