J-Mart: Preparing for Relocation... :)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
luketheduke86
Hero
Hero

Re: J-Mart: Expendables Redux, Booker (Norris), Billy

Postby luketheduke86 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:54 pm

Great to see the Expendables 2 builds Thorp, I enjoyed the mindless action just as much as I did in the first one! My only gripe with it is that the Van Damme/Stallone fight scene wasn't longer. :D

As for Billy's sniper rifle, according to http://www.imfdb.org/ he was using a Barrett M107. Which as marcoasalazarm stated is a .50 caliber and quite the beast, since it uses five and half inch long bullets that fire at about 3 times the speed of sound :shock:.
A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Re: J-Mart: Expendables Redux, Booker (Norris), Billy

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:53 pm

luketheduke86 wrote:Great to see the Expendables 2 builds Thorp, I enjoyed the mindless action just as much as I did in the first one! My only gripe with it is that the Van Damme/Stallone fight scene wasn't longer. :D

As for Billy's sniper rifle, according to http://www.imfdb.org/ he was using a Barrett M107. Which as marcoasalazarm stated is a .50 caliber and quite the beast, since it uses five and half inch long bullets that fire at about 3 times the speed of sound :shock:.

Thanks, Luke!
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Postby Thorpacolypse » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:04 pm

We've got a new addition to our Villains Line with this GODS AND MONSTERS SPECIAL!

He may be a dark elf badass, but I can't take him seriously when his face is painted like a Carolina Panthers fan.

MALEKITH THE ACCURSED
PL: 13 (280 pts) - OPL: 13 ; DPL: 13

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 9, STAMINA 8, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 12, INTELLECT 5, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 5 (+10), Athletics 4 (+13), Deception 11 (+13) [Daze], Expertise [Magic] 10 (+15) [Artificer, Ritualist], Expertise [Svartalfheim] 6 (+11), Insight 4 (+7), Intimidation 8 (+10), Perception 2 (+5), Persuasion 6 (+8), Ranged Combat [Magic] 4 (+12), Sleight of Hand 3 (+8), Stealth 3 (+8), Vehicles 2 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Animal Empathy, Artificer, Benefit (3) (Status 3 – King of Svartalfheim), Daze (1) (Deception), Languages (2) (English, Norse, 3 others, Base: Dark Elf), Power Attack, Ranged Attack (3), Ritualist, Trance

POWERS:
Dark Elf Physiology: Protection 2, Impervious 3, Immunity 7 (Aging, Disease, Heat, Cold, Poison [Flaw: Limited to half effect], Drowning/Suffocation [Flaw: Limited to half effect]), Speed 1 (4 mph/60 fpr), Leaping 2 (30 ft), Senses 4 (Normal Vision [Extended], Normal Hearing [Extended], Darkvision), Feature 1 (Increased Mass); 19 pts
Dark Elven Armor: 6 pts Traits, Removable (-1 pt); 5 pts
Armor: Protection 2, Impervious 2; 6 pts
Dark Elven Blades: 6 pts Traits, Easily Removable (-2 pts); 5 pts
Elven Lance: Slashing Strength-based Damage 3 (Extra: Reach [5 ft], Split); 5 pts
Elven Sword: Slashing Strength-based Damage 3 (Extra: Dangerous); 1 pt

Dark Magic: 30 pt Array; 36 pts
Illusions: Illusion 10 (Visual, Auditory); 30 pts
Eldritch Blast: Ranged Mystic Damage 14 (Extra: Affects Incorporeal); 1 pt
Shapeshifting: Morph 4 (Any form of same mass, Extra: Attack); 1 pt
Dimensional Movement: Movement 2 (Dimensional Movement [Svartalfheim/Nine Realms], Extra: Portal); 1 pt
Mystic Binding: Ranged Affliction 12 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Damage; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized, Extras: Extra Condition, Affects Incorporeal 2, Indirect 1, Flaw: Limited to two degrees); 1 pt
Animation: Perception Range Summon Animated Object 10 (Flaw: Limited [to Available Objects]); 1 pt
Eldritch Shield: Deflect 14; 1 pt

The Hunting Horn of Faerie: 61 pts traits, Removable (-12 pts); 49 pts
The Wild Hunt: Summon 4 (60 pt minions [Demon Hounds]), Extra: Horde, Mental Link, Multiple Minions 6 [64 Minions]); 61 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +5
Close Attack +12 [Unarmed +9; Elven Lance +12, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +8
Sorcery +12 [Eldritch Blast +14; Mystic Binding Affliction +12; Eldritch Shield Deflect +14]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +13 [DC23] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +12 (+5 Impervious), Fortitude +11, Will +13

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Thor mostly, but also Asgard itself
Motivation: Becoming ruler of the Nine Realms
Vulnerable: Dark Elves, like all Fae, are vulnerable to iron, taking an extra degree of failure against them and losing any ranks Impervious protection/toughness against them. Malekith's spells cannot affect iron and iron can cancel his spells instantly

Abilities 98 + Skills 34 (68 ranks) + Advantages 14 + Powers 113 + Defenses 21 = 280 / 280

Build Comments: Malekith is going to be getting a lot of attention next year since it’s been announced that he will be the main villain in the Thor sequel. Generally, Mal is a poor man’s Loki, a dark elf with magical talent that likes to vex Thor. His greatest moment was acquiring the Casket of Ancient Winters, an Asgardian artifact that contained the fury of a thousand killing winters, which was of course, unleashed on Earth. But Thor stopped him, then his betrayed mega-powerhouse Kurse (coming next) apparently killed him, but he’s back again and pops up from time to time to cause trouble in the Nine Realms.

Secret Origins: Centuries ago Malekith proved himself to be an enemy of both the humans of Earth and the gods of Asgard. Malekith's greatest weapon was the Casket of Ancient Winters, which contained mystical forces that could reproduce the overwhelming frigidity of another of the Nine Worlds, Niffleheim, the realm of ice. To prevent Malekith from releasing the contents of the casket, Eric Willis, a mortal man, stole the casket. Without the casket’s power Malekith was unable to protect himself from the wrath of Odin, the All-Father, Ruler of Asgard. Odin banished Malekith to another dimension where he remained for centuries, until he was freed in recent times by the fire demon Surtur, ruler of Muspelheim, who became Malekith's master.

The Story so Far: As Master of the Hounds, Malekith hunted down Roger Willis, Eric's son and new guardian of the Casket. Malekith battled Thor, and kidnapped Lorelei. Using Lorelei as bait, Malekith forced Thor to battle Algrim the Strong, one of his Dark Elf followers, then attempted to destroy both combatants by plunging them into a pool of magma. He then captured the Casket of Ancient Winters from Roger Willis.

Malekith was ultimately defeated by Thor, but not before he destroyed the Casket of Ancient Winters, releasing magical frigid force all over the Earth. Malekith was then brought as a captive by Thor to Asgard. Malekith later disguised Loki as himself to take his place in the dungeon, while he disguised himself as Balder, who was about to be crowned ruler of Asgard. Kurse, the being formerly known as Algrim, saw through Malekith's disguise when he reached Asgard City. Kurse then broke Malekith's neck, apparently slaying him. Years later, Malekith was revealed to be alive once again.

Disguising himself as Balder once again, he enlisted Hercules to attack Alflyse, the Dark Elf Queen of the Eastern Spires. His scheme humorously unravels, and he is easily defeated by Zeus.

Characterization: Malekith is a schemer who desires great power and will use any means to achieve it.

Friends and Foes: He has allied himself with beings like Loki and Surtur in the past but generally operates on his volition.

Clean Up 10/7/13: Malekith gets the Superior Thorpacoverse review.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:11 pm

Our GODS AND MONSTERS SPECIAL continues with this new item for Aisle 2!

OK, someone tell me what Walt Simonson was on when he was designing Malekith's and this dude's looks?!?!?

KURSE (ALGRIM THE STRONG)
PL: 15 (163 pts) - OPL: 15 ; DPL: 15

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 19, STAMINA 16, AGILITY 1, DEXTERITY 1, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT -1, AWARENESS 0, PRESENCE -1

SKILLS: Athletics 3 (+22), Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+11), Deception (-1), Intimidation 12 (+11), Perception 3 (+3), Persuasion (-1), Ranged Combat [Throwing] 5 (+6), Stealth (+1)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Diehard, Great Endurance, Improved Initiative (1), Power Attack, Second Chance (1) (Toughness Checks against Bludgeoning Damage), Ultimate Effort (1) (Ultimate Toughness Check), Withstand Damage* (1)

POWERS:
Asgardian Physiology: Protection 2, Impervious 3, Immunity 7 (Aging, Disease, Heat, Cold, Poison [Flaw: Limited to half effect], Drowning/Suffocation [Flaw: Limited to half effect]), Senses 2 (Normal Vision [Extended], Normal Hearing [Extended]), Feature 2 (Increased Mass 2); 15 pts
Twice as Strong as Thor: Enhanced Strength 5 (200,000 Tons; Flaw: Limited to Lifting); 5 pts
Organic Armor: Protection 4, Impervious 7; 18 pts
Alternate Effect Array of Strength Damage: 2 pts
Groundstrike: Burst Area Force Damage 15 (Extras: Burst Area 2 [60 ft radius], Flaws: Distracting, Limited [Kurse must be on the ground, targets must be on the ground]); 1 pt
Shockwave: Burst Area Affliction 15 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed and Vulnerable, 2nd: Stunned and Prone, Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Extra Condition, Flaw: Distracting, Limited to two degrees, Limited [Kurse must be on the ground, targets must be on the ground]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +5
Close Attack +8
Unarmed +11 [Unarmed +19]
Ranged Attack +1
Throwing +6
Special Attack [Groundstrike +15, Burst Area; Shockwave Affliction +15, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +5 [DC15] Parry +8 [DC18]
Toughness +22 (+10 Impervious, Ultimate Effort), Fortitude +19, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
Hatred: He blames Thor for his near death in a pit of magma and hates him so much, he will attack anyone or anything that looks like him on sight (it should be noted that once he realizes that it was Malekith that made him and Thor fall into the pit, his hatred is redirected towards him)
Vulnerable: Dark Elves, like all fae, are vulnerable to iron, taking an extra degree of failure against them and losing any ranks Impervious protection/toughness against them

Abilities 86 + Skills 13 (26 ranks) + Advantages 9 + Powers 40 + Defenses 15 = 163 / 163

Build Comments: Looking for more big time foes to throw at my big time heroes and teams, I decided to build Kurse. Kurse, who was originally known as Algrim the Strong, is a Dark Elf from Svartalfheim, was one of Malekith’s main men, a being even stronger than Thor and major league tough.

His main thing is that he is hard as hell to hurt without iron, taking several big time shots from Bill and Thor and not going down. With +22 Toughness and Withstand Damage allowing him to go to +24, he’s a really tough out for even Thor/Superman level beings.

Secret Origins: The being called Kurse was originally Algrim the Strong, the most powerful of a race of Dark Elves of the extradimensional realm of Svartalfheim who served the Dark Elves' ruler, Malekith the Accursed.

The Story so Far: He is coerced by Malekith into fighting the Asgardian God of Thunder, Thor. Malekith, however, betrayed Algrim while he was fighting Thor, and in a bid to destroy the Thunder God ordered that a pitfall beneath the two be opened. Thor saved himself courtesy of his mystical hammer Mjolnir, while Algrim fell into lava. Algrim's enchanted armor saved his life, but he was still critically injured and developed amnesia from the shock.

Algrim was completely amnesiac, except for his obsessive desire to gain revenge upon Thor. Algrim was later healed by the cosmic entity the Beyonder, who transformed him into the much more powerful being called Kurse, who is apparently twice as strong as Thor. The Beyonder transported Kurse to Earth to battle Thor, however Kurse mistakes Thor's ally Beta Ray Bill for Thor and battled him. Kurse then fougt the juvenile superhero team, Power Pack.

Thor then arrived and confronted Kurse, having donned his magical belt of strength to double his own strength. The Beyonder, however, doubled Kurse's strength yet again to counter this. Despite overpowering Thor, Kurse is made to realize that Malekith, not Thor, was to blame for his suffering. The Beyonder then transported Kurse to Hel at Thor's suggestion, to frustrate Hela, the Goddess of Death. Kurse later killed Malekith, who had been masquerading as Balder the Brave, and after repenting is granted citizenship among the Asgardians. Designated as the guardian of the children of Asgard after he helped protect Volstagg's daughter and adopted sons during a plague, he loyally serves Asgard.

Characterization: Kurse lacks intelligence but he is a loyal follower and a honorable man. He is often tricked into following those that have less than noble causes and at times has displayed a fierce temper.

Friends and Foes: Kurse initially followed Malekith, but after his betrayal, he sees Malekith as his greatest foe.

Clean Up 10/7/13: Kurse gets a review for the Superior Thorpacoverse.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Grayson
Compatriot
Compatriot

Re: J-Mart: Booker, Billy, Malekith The Accursed, Kurse

Postby Grayson » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:51 am

Damn, that costume (Kurse's) does have a lot going on with it and Malekith in that picture looks about as crazy as the Joker.

scc
Zealot
Zealot

Re: J-Mart: Booker, Billy, Malekith The Accursed, Kurse

Postby scc » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:12 pm

Nice Kurse Thorp! Wow is he powerful. I remember that issue when Power Pack helped Thor beat him.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:16 pm

Our last GODS AND MONSTERS SPECIAL (for now) gets stocked on Aisle 1!

So I've decided that if I ever get one of these, I'm sending it directly to the Kardashians during a family get together. I don't think anyone will mind.

THE ANNIHILATOR
PL: 14 (123 pts) - OPL: 14 ; DPL: 14

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 18, STAMINA NA, AGILITY 0, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT NA, AWARENESS NA, PRESENCE NA

SKILLS: Athletics (+18), Ranged Combat [Throwing] 6 (+6)

ADVANTAGES: Close Attack (4), Improved Initiative (1), Power Attack, Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Giant Living Armor: Growth 6 (+6 Str, +6 Pro, -3 Dodge/Parry, -6 Stealth, +3 Intimidation, Speed +0, +6 Mass, Extra: Innate); 13 pts
Invulnerability: Immunity 53 (Aging, Critical Hits, Fortitude Affects, Mental Effects,, Protection 14, Impervious 10; 87 pts
Self-Repair: Regeneration 2 (1/every 10 rounds, Extra: Persistent); 3 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +4
Close Attack +10 [Unarmed +18]
Ranged Attack +0
Throwing +6

DEFENSES:
Dodge +6 [DC16] Parry +8 [DC18]
Toughness +20 (+10 Impervious), Fortitude Immune, Will Immune

COMPLICATIONS:
Power Loss: Peace…with no aggression to power it, The Annihilator shuts down

Abilities -4 + Skills 3 (6 ranks) + Advantages 7 + Powers 103 + Defenses 14 = 123 / 123

Comments: One of the more memorable creations from the Justice League animated series, The Annihilator. It was built for Ares by Hephaestus (voiced by Ed Asner, who also voiced Granny Goodness, which was great) for him to have to some fun with some warring nations. He was opposed by Hawk, Dove and an increasingly violent Wonder Woman who couldn’t hurt the thing through conventional methods and it took Dove to finally realize that the only way to stop it was to get everyone to stop fighting. When they did it deactivated.

It was being stored on the Watchtower, so Task Force X (for all intents, the Suicide Squad, but that wasn’t deemed appropriate for a “kids’” show) was put together to steal it. J’onn actually was knocking it around pretty good until he was forced to stop due to Plastique having the drop on the Annihilator-beat-down Atom Smasher. After that, it ended up in the hands of Tala (another breakout character from JLU) who tried to work it without violence, but somehow Felix Faust’s spirit inhabited it instead and he took off for the underworld to get revenge on Hades and he did, but was finally stopped by Wonder Woman and Hawkgirl’s all powerful magic nullifying mace.

Since I am always looking for big time threats to throw at my heroes, I figured I could use it here. I almost gave it the half-effect on Toughness Immunity, but after remember that Hawk did actually knock it down, and J’onn was damaging it on The Watchtower, I figure +20 Toughness is good enough with the ability to repair itself at a human rate. But if it bombs a test that I am thinking about, I'll throw that half immunity on it.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: #399

Postby Thorpacolypse » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:23 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:Another YE GODS SPECIAL is getting stocked on Aisle 2! And it's my great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great grandfather!

I had a feeling we'd meet again. The witness. You, Watcher. All these eons staring and watching everything. So sanctimonious in your silence and your judgment. Have you come then at last to witness my greatest failure? Skadi awakens -- I fear the final prophesy is at hand, and there you stand, like a titanic, mute baby too dumb to be of use. Who are you to judge the All-Father? Am I to tremble at your appearance? Have you come to witness the breaking of worlds, then, in your morbid and cruel curiosity? Well? Well?!? Are you here to see a god die? - Odin

ODIN
PL: 17 (482 pts) - OPL: 17 ; DPL: 16

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 16, STAMINA 16, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 12, INTELLECT 9, AWARENESS 16, PRESENCE 10

SKILLS: Acrobatics (+2), Athletics (+16), Close Combat [Spear] 1 (+13), Deception 10 (+20), Expertise [Magic] 11 (+20) [Artificer, Ritualist], Expertise [Military] 8 (+17), Expertise [Mythology] 11 (+20), Insight 9 (+25), Intimidation 12 (+22) [Startle], Investigation 3 (+12) [Well-Informed], Perception 6 (+22), Persuasion 10 (+20) [Connected], Ranged Combat [Odinforce] 3 (+14), Sleight of Hand (+3), Stealth (+2), Technology (+9), Treatment (+9), Vehicles 4 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Artificer, Benefit (10) (Status 5 – Ruler of Asgard, Wealth 5 [Equivalent Billionaire]), Combat Leader*, Connected, Eidetic Memory, Extraordinary Effort, Favored Foe (Fire Giants), Favored Foe (Frost Giants), Improved Critical (1) (Spear), Inspire (1), Jack-of-all-Trades, Leadership, Lionheart*, Power Attack, Ranged Attack (8), Ritualist, Second Chance (2) (Toughness Checks against Magical Damage, Toughness Checks against Physical Damage), Seize Initiative, Startle, Takedown (1), Well-Informed, Withstand Damage* (1)

POWERS:
Asgardian Physiology: Protection 2, Impervious 5, Senses 4 (Normal Vision [Extended 2], Normal Hearing [Extended 2]), Feature 1 (Increased Mass), Regeneration 3 (1/every 3 rounds); 20 pts
Immortality: Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support), Immortality 1 (1 month); 13 pts
Asgardian Strength: Enhanced Strength 6 (100,000 Tons; Flaw: Limited to Lifting); 6 pts
All Father Awareness: Enhanced Awareness 4, Comprehend Languages 3 (Speak, Understand, Read All Languages), Immunity 10 (Mental effects, Flaw: Limited [Half effect]), Senses 12 (Normal Vision [Penetrates Concealment, Counters Illusion], Cosmic Awareness [Mental], Detect Magic [Mental; Ranged, Acute, Analytical], Magic Awareness [Mental]); 31 pts
Asgardian Armor: 12 pts traits, Removable (-2 pts); 10 pts
Asgardian Plate: Protection 2, Impervious Toughness 5; 12 pts
Gungnir: 27 pts traits, Easily Removable (-10 pts), Extra: Indestructible; 17 pts
Thrown Spear: Piercing Strength-based Ranged Damage 3, Enhanced Advantage 1 (Improved Critical [Spear]), (Extra: Penetrating 10, Accurate, Affects Insubstantial 2, Homing 6); 26 pts
Spear Thrust: Piercing Strength-based Damage 3, Enhanced Advantage 1 (Improved Critical [Spear]), (Extra: Penetrating 10, Affects Insubstantial 2); 1 pt[/1]
The Odinforce: 133 pt array; 135 pts
[i]Odinforce: Variable 19 (95 pts traits, Extra: Action [Move Action], Flaw: Unreliable [5 uses]); 133 pts
Boon from Odin: Variable 19 (95 pts traits, Extra: Affects Others Only, Ranged, Flaw: Slow); 1 pt
Odinforce Blast: Ranged Damage 20 (Extra: Multiattack); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +12 [Unarmed +16]
Gungnir +13 [Gungnir +19, Critical 18-20]
Ranged Attack +11
Thrown Gungnir +13 [Gungnir +19, Critical 18-20]
Odinforce +14 [Odinforce +20, Multiattack]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +20 (+10 Impervious), Fortitude +16, Will +16

COMPLICATIONS:
Disability: Due to the sacrifice of one of his eyes, he is vulnerable with perception checks to his left side as well as suffering from depth perception issues that impose the Diminished Range flaw on all his ranged attacks
Enemy: Ymir, Surtur, Nekron, Thanos, Darkseid
Relationships: His wife, Frigga, and sons Thor and Loki
Responsibility: To rule and protect Asgard and the Nine Realms
Rivalry: Zeus
Weakness: Approximately once a year, Odin must recharge the Odinforce by entering the Odinsleep and is left prone and defenseless during that time. The duration of the Odinsleep varies from time to time; sometimes it's a single night while other occasions are for more than a week

Abilities 160 + Skills 44 (88 ranks) + Advantages 39 + Powers 231 + Defenses 8 = 482 / 482

Comments: Thor’s daddy in all his bad ass glory. The Odin of Earth-217 comes in at a beatable (barely) PL16, as my Zeus did to be even with my Thanos and the DCA Darkseid, because I wanted them all the be pretty much equal. I think any of them have a slim shot at Galactus but it ain't bloody likely and Thor or Superman would have to work pretty dang hard to take them down.

Clean Up 8/30/12: Bumped Odin up a PL since I did the same to Thor.

Since I bumped Thor up to PL16 on offense (and I did the same to Mister Majestic, just FYI) I figured I should bump up Odin to PL17 and I am getting ready to do the same to Zeus. Even if I had left Odin at PL16, I think don't think Thor would have had much of a chance against him. He'd have to get a quick one or two strike incapacitation to get the win or Odin take him out with the Odinforce.
Shop J-Mart!

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: 579

Postby Arkrite » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:30 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:So I've decided that if I ever get one of these, I'm sending it directly to the Kardashians during a family get together. I don't think anyone will mind.

You'd be my hero. Forever!

JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: J-Mart: Malekith The Accursed, Kurse, The Annihilator

Postby JoshuaDunlow » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:46 pm

Now thsts a mighty ODIN build there.. and that malekith looks a little like a grape.. :lol:

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Postby Gazman » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:56 pm

Huh. My only exposure to Kurse prior to this was Marvel Ultimate Alliance. So I thought he was some loser there for Thor to beat on. Now I know that in fact he is some uber tough loser there to beat on Thor. Thanks for clarifying that, Thorp!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:30 pm

scc wrote:Nice Kurse Thorp! Wow is he powerful. I remember that issue when Power Pack helped Thor beat him.

Thanks, scc. I may go back and make him PL14 but I really wanted Thor to have to work to beat him, so PL15 with ridiculous toughness felt right.

It makes me giggle to think that the Power Pack triumphed where Thor and Beta Ray Bill failed. It has a Squirrel Girl feel to it. :D

JoshuaDunlow wrote:Now thsts a mighty ODIN build there.. and that malekith looks a little like a grape.. :lol:

I do so love the comics, but sometimes their color choices...wow... :shock:

Gazman wrote:Huh. My only exposure to Kurse prior to this was Marvel Ultimate Alliance. So I thought he was some loser there for Thor to beat on. Now I know that in fact he is some uber tough loser there to beat on Thor. Thanks for clarifying that, Thorp!

Part of the mission of J-Mart is not just to provide mediocre quality builds at the lowest prices on the Tank, but also to educate. For example, did you know that Chuck Norris can blow bubbles with bacon?

Or that ghosts sit around campfires and tell Chuck Norris stories?

Or that Death once had a near-Chuck Norris experience?

Or that Chuck Norris doesn't wear a watch? HE decides what time it is.

Or that Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table because the only element Chuck Norris recognizes is the element of surprise?

Or that if If Superman and The Flash were to race to the edge of space you know who would win? Chuck Norris.
Shop J-Mart!

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arkrite » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:52 pm

I think somebody enjoyed Expendables 2 ;~)

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby catsi563 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:25 am

the scary part about Kurse was that initially after the Beyodner rescued him. he was researching desire. He saw Kurses desire for revenge against Thor and so made him double thors strength making him immensely powerful.

then when Thor donned his belt of strength to double his own strength the beyonder reacted again re doubled Kurses strength to make him double as strong as Thor with his belt of strength on.

So basically you have a guy whose twice as strong as thor at his absolute strongest.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563

cbwjm
Henchman
Henchman

Postby cbwjm » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:27 pm

I want to see a team of villains hellbent on taking down Odin, having him withstand their attacks and then yell out "Enough!" and take them all out with a rank 20 multiattack.

Then they can all have tea and biscuits.

Return to “Roll Call”