J-Mart: Preparing for Relocation... :)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Re: J-Mart: Shunsui Kyoraku, Tyrion Lannister, Star-Lord

Post by Thorpacolypse » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:45 pm

Arkrite wrote:Actually they had normal earth guns at one story arc while taking on the Marvel's version of the borg.
They were afraid that the baddies would be able to track them, or make their guns inoperative if they were made with advanced technology.

So of course they run into a group who didn't give up their fancy ray guns and strangely all their worst fears are realized.

... Plus it just looks cool. ;~)
The ballistic guns do look cool, no doubt. When I first saw him, he had blasters, so that's what I went with and since his return, he has a blaster, but all the good pics have machine guns. Go fig. I guess I can change the descriptor, ranged damage is ranged damage in most cases.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Post by Thorpacolypse » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:57 pm

We've got another new item for our Marvel Aisle!

None of that Bitten-by-a-Radioactive-Spider Claptrap here. - Adam Warlock

ADAM WARLOCK
PL: 13 (256 pts) - OPL: 13 ; DPL: 13

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 8, STAMINA 7, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 5, AWARENESS 7, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Acrobatics 2 (+7), Athletics (+8), Close Combat [Unarmed] 4 (+12), Deception 3 (+7/+9) [Attractive], Expertise [Cosmic Lore] 10 (+15), Expertise [Magic] 8 (+13), Expertise [Theology and Philosophy] 8 (+13), Insight 6 (+13), Intimidation (+4), Investigation (+5), Perception 3 (+10), Persuasion 5 (+9/+11) [Attractive], Ranged Combat [Cosmic Magic] 3 (+11), Sleight of Hand (+5), Stealth (+5), Technology 2 (+7), Treatment (+5), Vehicles (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Attractive (1), Beginner's Luck, Favored Foe (The Magus), Favored Foe (Thanos), Jack-of-all-Trades, Luck (Edit Scene) (1), Luck (Improve Roll) (1), Luck (Inspiration) (1), Ranged Attack (3), Trance

POWERS:
Cosmic Being: Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support), Feature 1 (Temporal Inertia); 12 pts
Space Traveler: Flight 10 (2000 mph/4 mpr), Movement 2 (Space Travel 2 [Other star systems]); 24 pts
Cosmic Cocoons: Immortality 1 (1 month); 2 pts
Cosmic Awareness: Senses 10 (Cosmic Awareness [Mental; Extended 2], Detect Spatial Anomalies [Mental; Extended 6, Ranged]); 10 pts
Cosmic Mystic: 45 pt Dynamic Array; 53 pts
Cosmic Binding: Ranged Cumulative Affliction 15 (Mystic Bands; Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength/Damage; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized; Extra: Dynamic, Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited to two Degrees); 45 pts
Cosmic Blast: Ranged Multiattack Mystic Damage 15 (Extra: Dynamic); 1 pt
Healing Spell: Healing 15 (Extra: Dynamic, Restorative); 1 pt
Mystic Shield: Protection 8 (Extra: Affects Others, Dynamic, Increased Mass 6 [3200 lbs]), Impervious 6 (Extra: Affects Others, Dynamic, Increased Mass 6 [3200 lbs]); 1 pt
Cosmic Burst: Burst Area Mystic Damage 13 (Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Dynamic, Selective); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +5
Close Attack +8
Unarmed +12 [Unarmed +8]
Ranged Attack +8
Cosmic Magic +11 [Mystic Binding +15; Mystic Blast +15, Multiattack]
Special Attack [Cosmic Mystic Burst +13, Burst Area ]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +11 [DC21] Parry +11 [DC21]
Toughness +7 (+15 with Force Field, +6 Impervious with Force Field), Fortitude +9, Will +13

COMPLICATIONS:
Aloof: Because of his convoluted history, usage of the Soul Gem and such, he tends to speak cryptically and tries not to get too close to his teammates
Dark Side: Warlock fights to avoid becoming The Magus, a version of himself driven mad by the usage of the Soul Gem
Enemy: The Magus and Thanos (most of the time)
Pawn of the Cosmos: Sometimes Adam is put in situations not of his choosing because of the role he is meant to play in the cosmos (and even he doesn't know at times)
Responsibility: To protect the universe

Abilities 98 + Skills 27 (54 ranks) + Advantages 12 + Powers 102 + Defenses 17 = 256 / 256

Build Comments: I always liked Adam Warlock, even back in the 70’s when his story was a bit convoluted, at least for a 10-12 year old like me at the time when I started reading comics. Still, the art, the Soul Gem, the cosmic hotties he always seemed to across, and Pip’s sophomoric comedy relief made it a fun read for me. Now he’s been brought back as a cosmic shaman type in the new Guardians of the Galaxy after a starring turn in Annihilation: Conquest.

He was a pretty simple build to do really, since he hasn’t shown all the weird stuff he used to do with the Soul Gem in favor of more simple blasting, binding and the usual cryptic cosmic destiny speech that he’s known for. I still like him OK, but I liked old Adam better.

As for the quote, I am pretty sure I have the Marvel Team Up where he said that to Spider-Man, so I had to use it. 8)

Secret Origins: Adam Warlock is an artificially created human who was born in a cocoon at a scientific complex called The Beehive. The goal of his creators, the Enclave, was to create and subsequently exploit the perfect human. While in the cocoon, he became aware of his creators' plans for him. He awoke from the cocoon and rebelled. Having not had a childhood or parents, Warlock was lacking in maturity and restraint. He first met Alicia Masters, who was brought to the Beehive to sculpt his face, as he initially radiated so much light that a sighted person could not see through. She found him encased in a cocoon, from which he shortly emerged, destroying his creators that he hated so much, and teleported away.

The Story so Far: Warlock later came into conflict with the Fantastic Four and Thor; during his encounter with Odinson, he was killed when he attempted to force Thor's sometime paramour Sif to become his mate.

Adam was revived and his behavior improved when he met the being known as the High Evolutionary. Under his guidance, Warlock's life was given direction and purpose. Warlock also came into possession of the Soul Gem. The Soul Gem, one of the Infinity Gems, allowed Warlock to sense the souls of others and draw them into a dimension contained within the gem. Warlock was then transported to Counter-Earth, an attempt by the High Evolutionary to create a Utopian society out of the framework of the original Earth. Unfortunately, it had fallen under the influence of the Man-Beast, a wolf that had been genetically modified into humanoid form by the High Evolutionary. In the process of ending the Man-Beast's regime, Warlock's narcissism led him to another death, this time by crucifixion. Warlock used his powers to resurrect himself. Warlock, in recreating the resurrection of Christ on Counter earth, lead to the creation of an organized religion planet wide; this also was the first step toward Warlock’s "God Complex".

Traveling in the Hercules Cluster, Adam learned of the oppressive Universal Church of Truth that worshiped the Magus. Appearing to Adam, Magus revealed that they were the same being. In one alternate future, the Magus used the soul gem to saturate Adam’s body with a beacon radiation that summoned the In-Betweener, inhabitant of the realm between fact and fantasy who took Adam to his domain, where he was driven mad. Emerging as the Magus, this Warlock discovered he had returned five thousand years into the past and began building his church. Aware of his history and fearing the Magus’ existence would deprive him of someday owning Adam’s soul gem, the mad god Thanos of Titan attempted to prevent the occurrence by plucking a young child, Gamora, from an alternate future and raising her to be Magus’ assassin. En-route to his destiny, Adam was imprisoned on the Church star ship, “the Great Divide” where he teamed with his fellow prisoner Pip the Troll and absorbed the soul of Captain Autolycus into his gem against his will. Later on trial on Sirius X the Church’s Homeworld, Adam absorbed Judge Kray-Tor’s soul. Thus unleashing of his soul gems vampire-like appetites was possibly caused by Spinxor of the Ringshippers (a.k.a Prime Movers) of Tarkus in his first bid to prevent Warlock from interfering in his theft of Counter-Earth for mysterious Beyonders. Realizing that the gem was sentient, thirsted for souls and could not be removed, Adam sank into despair. Gamora joined Warlock and Pip on Homeworld, but Magus easily thwarted Gamora’s assassination attempt, then doused Adam with the beacon radiation. Gamora’s ineffectiveness forced Thanos to intervene, and the primal battle between Magus’ life-force and Thanos’ death-force allowed Adam to enter the Titan’s time portal and follow his kismet trail. Choosing the shortest path, Adam saw himself dying only months later and absorbed his future self’s soul into the gem. The two timelines thus diverged and the Magus seemingly ceased to exist.

Soon after, Adam witnessed the rapid extinction of the stars and used his soul gem to track the culprit, the Star Thief, back to Earth; the star thief's body was slain while his mind was occupied in battling Warlock. Arriving home, Warlock perceived himself as wraith-like and larger than the solar system, an illusion generated through Adam's soul gem by the Sphinxor to keep him at bay. Later while gaining his perceptions, Warlock encountered Spider-Man on the Moon and helped thwart the Stranger's bid to steal the Gardener's Infinity Gems. Believing Counter-Earth destroyed due to another Sphinxor illusion, an enraged Adam attacked the High Evolutionary with his soul gem and forced him to escape death by becoming a disembodied intelligence, leaving Counter-Earth ripe for the taking. Meanwhile, Thanos procured five Infinity Gems, combining them and the power he had siphoned from Adam's gem in the Magus battle into a single large synthetic gem that he planned to use to extinguish the stars as a present to Mistress Death. When they interfered, Thanos killed Gamora and lobotomized Pip; Adam absorbed their souls into his gem. Thanos' attempt to destroy the Earth's sun was opposed by Warlock, Captain Mar-Vell, and the Avengers. In battle, Thanos mortally wounded Adam. As Warlock lay dying, his past self arrived from Thanos' time portal and absorbed his soul; weary of his many losses and struggles, Adam actually welcomed death. He found himself with the soul gem's other victims in Soulworld, a paradise of understanding and contentment. Thanos claimed Adam's gem but the newly arrived Spider-Man temporarily freed Warlock's spirit. As the Ultimate Avenger, Warlock turned Thanos to granite with a touch. Warlock’s body was buried on Counter-Earth.

When Thanos once again gains the gems and steals the soul of the Silver Surfer, Surfer convinces Warlock, Pip, and Gamora to leave Soul World and help defeat Thanos. Thanos had assembled the six gems into the Infinity Gauntlet, and Warlock leads a group of Earth's superheroes against him. Warlock obtains the Gauntlet, but in a subsequent hearing attended by the various cosmic beings of the universe such as Eternity and Galactus, is deemed unworthy of it by the Living Tribunal, in part because of the threat of him eventually becoming the Magus. He keeps the soul gem for himself and gives one gem each to Pip, Gamora, Drax the Destroyer, Moondragon, and a reformed Thanos — the group being called the Infinity Watch.
During Warlock's temporary possession of the Gauntlet, he purges all good and evil from his being, leaving him entirely a creature of logic. The "moral" aspects of his persona in turn take on physical forms — the evil half becomes a new incarnation of the Magus, while the good half becomes the self-styled Goddess. Warlock, aided by an army of superheroes, eventually defeats each in turn, and absorbs them into the Soul Gem. The Watch then battles to protect the soul gem from Count Abyss, a powerful entity who has no soul of his own. After finally defeating him, the infinity gems are stolen by Rune, an extradimensional vampire. The Infinity Watch disbands and Warlock goes to track down Rune. Following the discovery of a seventh gem, Warlock and the gems are returned to the main universe.

Warlock is reborn in a new body to aid a multitude of superheroes that team with Thanos to defeat several rogue clones of the Mad Titan. Warlock reappears in time to convince Thanos to give up the power of the Heart of the Universe. Warlock later assists in Thanos' attempt at redeeming himself.

Warlock is incapacitated by the backlash of souls killed during the "Annihilation" war, and re-enters hibernation in a cocoon. The superheroines Quasar and Moondragon awaken Warlock hoping he will help the Kree fight off the Phalanx. Once the Phalanx is defeated, Warlock agrees to join the hero Star-Lord in a new version of the Guardians of the Galaxy. In an attempt to repair some damage to Spacetime, Warlock unleashed the Magus. They did battle and it is believed that Adam survived but his whereabouts are unknown. The Magus has returned to lead the Universal Church of Truth on a renewed campaign of conquest throughout the cosmos.

Characterization: Adam Warlock is an enigmatic being and has been through many changes but in most incarnations has been a force of good in the universe, albeit one with many flaws.

Friends and Foes: He remains close to Gamora and his former Guardians of the Galaxy teammates. His greatest rivals are Thanos and his evil future self, The Magus.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

JetstreamGW
Daredevil
Daredevil

Re: 575

Post by JetstreamGW » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:11 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:Now that I've completed the updates to all the original Expendables, time for some additions from the sequel. And of course, you can only start one place when you're going down that path...

Barney Ross: I heard you were dead.
Booker: Yeah, I heard that, too.
Picture died, Thorp.

Thorpacolypse wrote:Moving on to the next hundred, we've got a new J-Mart Favorite item for Aisle 2!

Nova: I remember you said to me once, you said...'if death ever comes your way and won't let you pass...make sure you scream right back in his face.'
Star-Lord: I said that?
Nova: You did.
Star- Lord: Rich, you really shouldn't trust anything I say. Most of the time, I just make stuff up.

STAR-LORD

Yay! Star Lord! Considering the director's tendencies I do hope that we get Fillion playing him in the upcoming flick :D

Woodclaw
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Woodclaw » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:16 am

JetstreamGW wrote:
Thorpacolypse wrote:Moving on to the next hundred, we've got a new J-Mart Favorite item for Aisle 2!

Nova: I remember you said to me once, you said...'if death ever comes your way and won't let you pass...make sure you scream right back in his face.'
Star-Lord: I said that?
Nova: You did.
Star- Lord: Rich, you really shouldn't trust anything I say. Most of the time, I just make stuff up.

STAR-LORD

Yay! Star Lord! Considering the director's tendencies I do hope that we get Fillion playing him in the upcoming flick :D
Nathan FIllion as Star-Lord?
Now, who just hit the jackpot? :D
"Yes, it's a bloody flying alligator setting fire to my city!"

Sam Vimes (Guards! Guards!)

From a dark corner of my mind (my build's thread)
From another dark corner of my mind (my Deviantart page)

Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Re: J-Mart: Tyrion Lannister, Star-Lord, Adam Warlock

Post by Batgirl III » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:43 am

I'd cast Nathan Fillion as Vance Astro (Major Victory) myself... Although, if Star Lord is going to be the lead, I guess more Fillion is always better than less. But still... I think Fillions ability to blend humor, drama, and the willingness to sometimes make his heroes look like deeply flawed humans (very rare in Hollywood these days) would be well suited to Major Victory... and it'd be awesome to see him weild the shield.

Personally, I think Fillion'd be the best-est choice ever for Hal Jordon (Green La
ntern), and if I am ever given dictatorial control of Hollywood, this will happen in a live action film, not just an animated one. Despite the flaws in the 2011 film, I thought Ryan Reynolds did well enough... but since I never really read Green Lantern prior to the `90s, Jordon is always an older man in my mind. With the Reed Richards greying at the temples and veteran swagger. I kept looking at Reynolds and seeing Kyle Rayner.

I still squee ever time I recall getting a chance to play the Serenity RPG at GenCon with him. We made him play Mal, but he wanted to play River.... :wink:
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: J-Mart: Tyrion Lannister, Star-Lord, Adam Warlock

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:45 am

Batgirl III wrote:I'd cast Nathan Fillion as Vance Astro (Major Victory) myself...

Personally, I think Fillion'd be the best-est choice ever for Hal Jordon (Green La
ntern), and if I am ever given dictatorial control of Hollywood, this will happen in a live action film, not just an animated one. Despite the flaws in the 2011 film, I thought Ryan Reynolds did well enough... but since I never really read Green Lantern prior to the `90s, Jordon is always an older man in my mind. With the Reed Richards greying at the temples and veteran swagger. I kept looking at Reynolds and seeing Kyle Rayner.

I still squee ever time I recall getting a chance to play the Serenity RPG at GenCon with him. We made him play Mal, but he wanted to play River.... :wink:
I could see him in either role. I could see him as Hal Jordan, too. I liked the graying temple (probably because I now I have graying temples) Hal as well, but I don't have a problem with the de-aging of most of the DC big timers because younger people are the target market of pretty much every business. I liked Ryan Reynolds a lot as Jordan, it was the overall direction of the movie that disappointed.

Speaking of Green Lanterns, though...
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:53 am

Staying out in the Cosmic Thorpacoverse, we've got a couple of GREEN LIGHT SPECIALS hitting the Aisle 1 shelves!

So he's a Rannian. And he's in the GL Corps and he's all over the galaxy. Yet Adam Strange can't get back to Earth from Rann...someone explain this to me?!?!?

GREEN LANTERN (VATH SARN)
PL: 12 (225 pts) - OPL: 12 ; DPL: 12

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 4, STAMINA 5, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Acrobatics 2 (+5), Athletics 5 (+9), Expertise [Military] 7 (+8), Insight 3 (+5), Intimidation 7 (+7), Perception 3 (+5), Ranged Combat [Power Ring] 2 (+11), Stealth 3 (+6), Vehicles 4 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Defensive Roll (1), Improved Initiative (1), Leadership, Lionheart*, Power Attack, Ranged Attack (6), Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Rannian Physiology: Feature 1 (Longevity); 1 pt
Green Lantern Power Ring: 144 pts traits, Removable (-29 pts); 115 pts
Attention Green Lantern...: Features 2 (A.I. and Green Lantern Corps Database); 2 pts
Communication: Senses 1 (Communication Link to Central Power Battery); 1 pt
Quick Change: Features 1 (Quick Change); 1 pt
Universal Translator: Comprehend 4 (Speak, Read, Understand, Understood in All Languages); 8 pts
Scanning Beam: Variable 1 (5 pts traits, Extra: Action [Move], Flaw: Limited to Senses); 7 pts
Green Lantern's Light: Environment 2 (60 ft; Light [reduce partial concealment to none, total concealment to partial]); 2 pts
Ring Flight: Flight 14 (32,000 mph), Movement 4 (Environment Adaptation [Zero G], Space Travel 3 [Any star system]), Feature 1 (Use Will [DC20 check] to increase Flight speed instead of Athletics); 37 pts
Force Field: Protection 7 (Flaw: Sustained), Impervious 6 (Flaw: Sustained), Immunity 10 (Life Support); 29 pts
Force Manipulation: 31 pt Dynamic Array; 45 pts
Force Bubble: Ranged Burst Area Immunity 10 (Life Support, Extra: Affects Others, Burst Area [30 ft radius], Dynamic, Flaw: Affects others only); 31 pts
Force Blast: Ranged Force Energy Damage 13 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Machine Gun Blast: Ranged Force Energy Damage 10 (Extra: Dynamic, Mulitattack); 2 pts
Force Constructs: Create 13 (Hard Light Constructs; Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Movable Constructs: Create 10 (Hard Light Constructs; Extra: Dynamic, Movable); 2 pts
Weapon Summoning: Strength-based Damage 5 (Extra: Variable Descriptor [Bludgeoning/Piercing/Slashing], Dynamic); 2 pts
Mass Communication: Communication 5 (Subspace audiovisual projection; Any Distance, Extra: Dynamic, Selective); 2 pts
Force Lifting: Move Object 13 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +7
Close Attack +10 [Unarmed +4; Ring Weapons +9]
Ranged Attack +9
Power Ring +11 [Force Blast +13; Machine Gun Blast +10, Multiattack]; Force Constructs +13; Force Lifting Move Objects +13]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +6 (+5 without Defensive Roll, +13 with Force Field, +6 Impervious with Force Field), Fortitude +10, Will +13

COMPLICATIONS:
Power Loss: The power ring needs periodic recharging and issues a warning as its power runs low.
Relationships: Even though he doesn't like to admit it, he has become close to his partner, Isamot Kol.
Responsibility: To protect her space sector as the Green Lantern of Sector 2682.
Rivalry: The Thanagarians as the Rann/Thanagar War has ceased, but bad blood remains.
Temper: Vath has a fiery personality that can boil over to anger quickly, causing him problems.
Weakness: Green Lantern power rings depend on the willpower of the wearer; the maximum rank of the ring’s effects is equal to the wearer’s Will rank, and moments of self-doubt or hesitation can cause the ring to fail.

Abilities 56 + Skills 18 (36 ranks) + Advantages 12 + Powers 116 + Defenses 23 = 225 / 225

Build Comments:
I thought Vath Sarn would be more of a breakout character than he has. He and his partner, Isamot Kol, a Thanagarian Lizarkon, were a great odd couple a few years back in GL Corps. Being that they were on opposing sides of the Rann/Thanagar war, they were oil and water at first, but being GLs, they eventually worked through their differences and became good partners but also eventually friends. Odd Couple stories will ALWAYS work in entertainment and their's was pretty good.

Sarn is a trained soldier and tactician and was becoming a strong GL until his legs got blasted off. But Isamot, being able to regrow his limbs, gave him a blood transfusion which allowed them to grow back. But I haven't seen him since, so either he croaked off page or Johns just isn't using him.

Secret Origins: Vath Sarn was a veteran soldier of the Rann-Thanagar War. While in the heat of battle, he encountered a Green Lantern power ring, the powerful weapon assigned to each member of the Green Lantern Corps.

The Story so Far: The Corps was in the process of recruiting 7,200 new members in an effort to rebuild their ranks following their destruction at the hands of the villain Parallax. The rings allowed their bearers to conjure virtually any object or form of energy limited only by the imagination and willpower of the wearer, and thus the rings, which all include a sentient computer and the means to travel through interstellar space, sought out beings capable of overcoming great fear. When Sarn put his on, he tried to use it to use it to continue fighting the Thanagarians, but as the Corps code does not provide for participation in planetary wars, it immediately transported Sarn to the planet Oa, home to the extraterrestrial Guardians of the Universe, who administrated and oversaw the Corps. There, he would be trained as a Green Lantern.

Sarn was given a temporary badge and partnered with fellow new recruit Isamot Kol, a Thanagarian who was also plucked from the war. In contrast to Sarn’s discipline and adaptability, Kol still saw Sarn as an enemy from the war, and instigated conflict with him as they began their first assignment, diverting ships away from Star 38, which, like several recent stars, had begun to show signs of instability. Kol was also slow to adapt to Corps protocols, questioning his orders, and even threatening an Okaaran hospital ship that fired upon him after refusing to change course from the star, though the two eventually came to perform their duties as Lanterns valiantly together. The star eventually went supernova, and the two new recruits valiantly attempted to pull the ship from the ensuing black hole, but were sucked in. They were eventually saved by GL trainer Kilowog, and rendezvoused with other Green Lanterns while learning that the source of the recent supernovas was the Spider Guild, a group of humanoid arachnids from the Vega star system that were planning to attack Oa. Sarn and the other Green Lanterns returned to Oa, where they successfully repelled the attack.

Vath and his partner Isamot worked through their differences to become good friends and capable Green Lanterns. They have fought with the Corps through many events and remain key members of the Corps.

Characterization: Vath is a soldier at heart, very driven and direct and will never shy away from conflict, even if discretion may be the better part of valor.

Friends and Foes: He is close to his partner, Isamot Kol, as well as former members of his trainee class Princess Iolande and Soranik Natu.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:58 am

Another GREEN LIGHT SPECIAL is getting stocked on Aisle 1!

Nn blideth dah, Nn blahdeth nighth...

GREEN LANTERN (ISAMOT KOL)
PL: 12 (223 pts) - OPL: 12 ; DPL: 12

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 4, STAMINA 5, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Athletics 5 (+9), Deception (+1), Expertise [Military] 6 (+7), Insight 2 (+5), Intimidation 4 (+5), Perception 3 (+6), Persuasion (+1), Ranged Combat [Power Ring] 2 (+11), Stealth 5 (+7), Vehicles 5 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Close Attack (1), Diehard, Leadership, Power Attack, Ranged Attack (7), Takedown (1), Tracking

POWERS:
Lizarkon Physiology: Protection 1, Extra Limbs 1 (Tail), Regeneration 1 (1/every 5 rounds), Senses 2 (Low Light Vision, Scent [Acute, Extended, Ranged]); 7 pts
Bite/Claws: Slashing/Piercing Strength-based Damage 1 (Extra: Split); 2 pts
Green Lantern Power Ring: 132 pts traits, Removable (-26 pts); 106 pts
Attention Green Lantern...: Features 2 (A.I. and Green Lantern Corps Database); 2 pts
Universal Translator: Comprehend 4 (Speak, Read, Understand, Understood in All Languages); 8 pts
Scanning Beam: Variable 1 (5 pts traits, Extra: Action [Move], Flaw: Limited to Senses); 7 pts
Green Lantern's Light: Environment 2 (60 ft; Light [reduce partial concealment to none, total concealment to partial]); 2 pts
Ring Flight: Flight 14 (32,000 mph), Movement 4 (Environment Adaptation [Zero G], Space Travel 3 [Any star system]), Feature 1 (Use Will [DC20 check] to increase Flight speed instead of Athletics); 37 pts
Force Field: Protection 7 (Flaw: Sustained), Impervious 6 (Flaw: Sustained), Immunity 10 (Life Support); 29 pts
Force Manipulation: 31 pt Dynamic Array; 45 pts
Force Bubble: Ranged Burst Area Immunity 10 (Life Support, Extra: Affects Others, Burst Area [30 ft radius], Dynamic, Flaw: Affects others only); 31 pts
Force Blast: Ranged Force Energy Damage 13 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Machine Gun Blast: Ranged Force Energy Damage 10 (Extra: Dynamic, Mulitattack); 2 pts
Force Constructs: Create 13 (Hard Light Constructs; Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Movable Constructs: Create 10 (Hard Light Constructs; Extra: Dynamic, Movable); 2 pts
Weapon Summoning: Strength-based Damage 5 (Extra: Variable Descriptor [Bludgeoning/Piercing/Slashing], Dynamic); 2 pts
Mass Communication: Communication 5 (Subspace audiovisual projection; Any Distance, Extra: Dynamic, Selective); 2 pts
Force Lifting: Move Object 13 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +11 [Unarmed +4; Claws/Bite +5; Ring Weapons +9]
Ranged Attack +7
Power Ring +11 [Force Blast +13; Machine Gun Blast +10, Multiattack]; Force Constructs +13; Force Lifting Move Objects +13]

DEFENSES:
Toughness +6 (+13 with Force Field, +6 Impervious with Force Field), Fortitude +10, Will +13

COMPLICATIONS:
Power Loss: The power ring needs periodic recharging and issues a warning as its power runs low
Relationships: He has become close to his partner, Vath Sarn, Responsibility: To protect his space sector as the Green Lantern of Sector 2682
Rivalry: The Rannians as the Rann/Thanagar War has ceased, but bad blood remains
Weakness: Green Lantern power rings depend on the willpower of the wearer; the maximum rank of the ring’s effects is equal to the wearer’s Will rank, and moments of self-doubt or hesitation can cause the ring to fail
Vulnerable: As a Lizarkon, he is vulnerable to extreme cold and cold based effects

Abilities 56 + Skills 16 (32 ranks) + Advantages 13 + Powers 115 + Defenses 23 = 223 / 223

Build Comments:
As noted in the Vath Sarn build, Isamot Kol is a Lizarkon from Thanagar. They are mainly known for their regenerative abilities, being able to regrow lost limbs in a few weeks. One of my favorite GL Corps scenes is Kol, after having all this limbs cut off in a wicked fight, going back to active duty a few days later with his little nub arms and legs and his ring on his tongue, firing away. Awesome stuff.

Secret Origins: Kol is a Lizarkon, a humanoid lizard belonging to one of the many different species who inhabit Thanagar, and a veteran soldier of the Rann-Thanagar War. A member of the Imperial Thanagarian Army, Kol was scheduled to be executed for killing his commanding officer because his superior wanted to surrender to a squadron of Rannians. Kol explained to a fellow prisoner that he hates cowards, and that after killing his superior, he and the rest of his squad defeated the Rannians, and that his fellow soldiers attempted to report the superior’s death as an accident, but Kol, who personally held truth as a guiding principle, refused to lie.

At the exact moment before he was to be beheaded however, he is saved by a Green Lantern power ring, the powerful weapon assigned to each member of the Green Lantern Corps.

The Story so Far: The Corps was in the process of recruiting 7,200 new members in an effort to rebuild their ranks following their destruction at the hands of the villain Parallax. The ring, freed Kol from his bonds, and allowed him to escape his captors. His fellow prisoner begged to be taken also but Kol refused, believing the man to have actually earned his fate. Kol is brought to the planet Oa, home to the extraterrestrial Guardians of the Universe who administer and oversee the Corps, for Green Lantern training.

Kol was given a temporary badge and partnered with fellow new recruit Vath Sarn, a Rannian who was also plucked from the war. In contrast to Sarn’s discipline and adaptability, Kol still saw Sarn as an enemy from the war, and instigated conflict with him as they began their first assignment. This was diverting ships away from Star 38, which, like several recent stars, had begun to show signs of instability. Kol was also slow to adapt to Corps protocols, questioning his orders, and even threatening an Okaaran hospital ship that fired upon him after refusing to change course from the star. The star eventually went supernova, and the two new recruits valiantly attempted to pull the ship from the ensuing black hole, but were sucked in. This was part of a planned attack by the Spider Guild, operating from the forbidden Vegan system.

They were discovered by the GL trainer Kilowog, who had broken Lantern rules to find them. Isamot and Sarn, forced to go on by themselves due to Kilowog not being able to fit in the tunnels they were using, find out the Guild's plans to invade Oa. The Guild detected them and attack. The three join up with Guy Gardner and Kyle Rayner, who had also broken the rules to rescue the missing and unwilling GL recruit Soranik Natu. Soranik's unwillingness to be a Lantern causes Kol to perceive her as a traitor. Despite this and other conflicts, the six Lanterns successfully make it back to Oa. They help in driving off the invasion of Guild forces.

Isamot decides to reduce his serving time from the Green Lantern Corps, due to the mating urges (akin to a Pon farr) as a member of his species. He announced his desire to serve back again on Thanagar for a while, living with his intended mate Qaylyra, another saurian.
Unfortunately, Citadel forces, alleged allies of Rann, attack Thanagar just as Isamot's mate enters her only receptive mating period. Isamot then must choose between his partner and the only possibility of a family. He chose his partner but by the time he returned she had taken another mate. With the mating urges over he returns to full duty.

Isamot became good friends with his partner, Vath Sarn, and fought with the Corps through many big events and remains a key member of the Corps.

Characterization: Isamot is a proud man and excellent soldier and has become respected throughout the Corps, especially after going into battle without his arms and legs, fighting the battle with his ring on his tongue.

Friends and Foes: He is close to his partner, Vath Sarn, as well as former members of his trainee class Princess Iolande and Soranik Natu.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:08 pm

This GREEN LIGHT SPECIAL is also part of our IF YOU LIKE IT THEN YOU BETTER PUT A RING ON IT line!

Still praying that Beyonce will dump Jay-Z and go J-Mart, boss?

Sadly, yes...Randall...sadly...yes...

Wow, that's too pathetic for me to even waste time slammin' you for it. Just post the build...

Damn you, Geoff Johns...you got me again...

GREEN LANTERN (SIMON BAZ)
PL: 12 (210 pts) - OPL: 12 ; DPL: 12

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Athletics 4 (+7), Deception 4 (+5), Expertise [Criminal] 4 (+5), Expertise [Mechanics] 5 (+6), Insight (+2), Intimidation 3 (+4), Perception 3 (+5), Persuasion (+1), Stealth 4 (+6), Vehicles 5 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Defensive Roll (1), Equipment (2), Languages (1) (Arabic, 1 other, Base: English), Ranged Attack (7), Withstand Damage*

POWERS:
Green Lantern Power Ring: 136 pts traits, Removable (-27 pts); 109 pts
Scanning Beam: Variable 1 (5 pts traits, Extra: Action [Move] Flaw: Limited to Senses); 7 pts
Ring Flight: Flight 13 (16,000 mph/30 mpr), Movement 4 (Environment Adaptation [Zero G], Space Travel 3), Feature 1 (Use Will [DC20 check] to increase Flight speed instead of Athletics); 35 pts
Force Field: Protection 10 (Flaw: Sustained), Impervious 6 (Flaw: Sustained), Immunity 10 (Life Support), Enhanced Advantage 1 (Withstand Damage); 33 pts
Force Manipulation: 37 pt Dynamic Array; 47 pts
Force Bubble: Ranged Burst Area Immunity 8 (All Environmental Conditions, Suffocation, Airborne Toxins, Extra: Dynamic, Burst Area [30 ft radius], Linked [Create], Flaw: Affects others only), Create 12 (Force Spheres; Extra: Linked [Immunity], Flaw: Limited to simple spherical objects); 37 pts
Force Blast: Ranged Force Energy Damage 15 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Force Constructs: Create 15 (Hard Light Constructs; Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Movable Constructs: Create 12 (Hard Light Constructs; Extra: Dynamic, Movable); 2 pts
Force Lifting: Move Object 15 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(10 pts)
Heavy Pistol: Ranged Ballistic Damage 4; 8 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +8 [Unarmed +3]
Ranged Attack +9 [Pistol +4; Force Blast +15; Force Constructs +15; Force Lifting +15]

DEFENSES:
Toughness +4 (+3 without Defensive Roll, +14 with Force Field, +6 Impervious with Force Field), Fortitude +9, Will +15

COMPLICATIONS:
Guilt: He blames himself for the racing accident that left his brother-in-law in a coma.
Power Loss: The power ring needs periodic recharging and issues a warning as its power runs low.
Relationships: His family, mainly his sister Siri, and his niece.
Responsibility: To protect his space sector as a Green Lantern of Sector 2814.
Weakness: Green Lantern power rings depend on the willpower of the wearer; the maximum rank of the ring’s effects is equal to the wearer’s Will rank, and moments of self-doubt or hesitation can cause the ring to fail.

Abilities 44 + Skills 16 (32 ranks) + Advantages 12 + Powers 109 + Defenses 29 = 210 / 210

Build Comments: OK, I give. Geoff Johns can make me buy anything. Dude could write a Real Housewives of New Jersey comic and I would have to buy it. (I HATE, HATE, HATE all the Real Housewives shows by the way. And HATE may not be a strong enough word…) Between him and Scott Snyder, they are breaking me every month. After I saw the original drawings of Simon Baz and heard that they were introducing him as an Arab-American character, I was dead set I was going to drop Green Lantern until Hal and/or Sinestro were returned. As a black man who suffered through a horrible dearth of good black characters for a long time, I certainly am fine with increasing diversity in the comics from all sides, but I was ticked because I felt Johns was using GL to some comics affirmative action.

But damn if I didn’t end up liking Baz. And Johns told a great story that I thought needed to be told from the Muslim/Arab American viewpoint. I’m not going to go into the details, you can find them on various other sites, but IMHO, I thought Johns did a great job. It will be interesting to see how he develops him.

As a build, he’s a fairly unknown commodity at this point, so outside of the standard ring array, I am iffy on his strengths and weaknesses, but of course, as he develops, I can update the build. Since he’s a new GL, I put him at PL11, higher than I would put most rookie GLs, but still way below the other experienced Earth GLs. But I’m sure he’ll get a massive push and be right up there with Kyle, Guy and John in no time. At the end of GL #13, they tease a fight between him and the Justice League which just wreaks of “new character pwns the JL to show how cool he is” a’comin’, but I hope that’s not the case.

Secret Origins: Simon Baz was an automotive engineer from Dearborn, Michigan. After losing his job in Detroit’s fluctuating automotive industry, he began stealing cars to help assist with finances. One night, after stealing a vehicle, he discovered that there was an explosive planted in the back of it. Due to his ethnic and religious background, he was prosecuted for terrorism after narrowly escaping the car explosion. Elsewhere, Hal Jordan and Thaal Sinestro’s malfunctioning power rings presumed them both dead during an altercation with Black Hand. Their two defected power rings fused together and immediately sought out Earth's replacement Lantern, Simon Baz.

The Story so Far: After receiving the ring, he helped the Corps against the First Lantern and is part of the Justice League of America team. More to come…

Characterization: Simon is rough around the edges and still carries some baggage with him for the way he has been treated at times, but his willpower is extremely high for a rookie Lantern and he is quickly gaining respect among the Corps.

Friends and Foes: He is close to his family in Dearborn and is bonding with B’dg and his current partner, legendary Green Lantern Abin Sur.

Clean Up 2/24/13: Took Baz up to PL12 after seeing a bit more of him. Seems like a natural ring slinger, at least while Johns is writing him.

Clean Up 8/21/13: Baz gets a review my Thorpacoverse restructuring.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:39 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Re: J-Mart: GL Sarn, GL Kol, GL Simon Baz

Post by Batgirl III » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:00 pm

Geoff Johns, like your’s truly, is a Michigander. Johns was born in Detroit, and raised in the suburbs of Grosse Point and Clarkston, eventually going to Michigan State University. Geoff Johns is also of half-Lebanese ancestry… So, yeah, an Arab-American from suburban Detroit is going to be writing a book about an Arab-American from suburban Detroit. Call me crazy, but I think that's a pretty clear-cut case of "write what you know."

Having said all that, one of my absolute favorite comics ever was the 18-issue series Green Lantern: Mosaic starring John Stewart and dealing explictly and intentionally about race, racism, and diversity. It was critically lauded and loved by the fans -- even if DC editorial killed it -- and it was written by a 40-something white dude from Montana. So, go figure...

I picked up Green Lantern (Vol. 5) #0 just a few days ago, as some controversy over the fact that the Post-9/11 treatment of Arab-Americans was a big part of his origin story was kicking up quite a ruckus before it was even printed. I enjoyed the whole book... not enough to add Green Lantern to my already too-damn-long "pull list" at the local comic shop, but I'll probably pick up collected trades down the line.

The street Simon Baz is seen driving the stolen van down in the first few pages? Yeah, that's a real part of Dearborn, I've driven past there many a time. Being Arab-American, dealing with Post-9/11 crap, and being a lapsed muslim are all parts of Baz's background... but the comic is by no means a polemic or a diatribe. It grounds him in real and recent events of serious historical importance and speaks to a reality a lot of us in metro-Detroit have had to face these past twelve years. (I hate his costume though... well, no, I just hate the Luchador mask, the rest is pretty cool.)
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:48 pm

We're staying out in space for another new build for Aisle 2!

Goodbye, mother planet. This native son is leaving your nest...for good. Please, everyone, be well...and don't think badly of me. I didn't succeed in everything I set out to do, but I tried my best. What more could I do? - Quasar

QUASAR (WENDELL VAUGHN)
PL: 14 (237 pts) - OPL: 14 ; DPL: 13

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Athletics 3 (+5), Deception 4 (+6), Expertise [Cosmic Lore] 9 (+11), Expertise [SHIELD Agent] 5 (+7), Insight 2 (+5), Intimidation (+2), Perception 3 (+6), Persuasion 5 (+7), Ranged Combat [Quantum Energy Control] 3 (+11), Stealth (+2), Technology 3 (+5), Vehicles 3 (+6)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (2) (Status 2 – Protector of The Universe), Close Attack (3), Defensive Roll (1), Leadership, Ranged Attack (5), Teamwork

POWERS:
Quantum Awareness: Senses 7 (Detect Energy [Mental, Ranged, Acute, Analytical, Extended 2] Communication Link [Mental, Eon/Epoch]); 6 pts
Universal Translator: Comprehend 4 (Speak, Read, Understand, Write, All Languages); 8 pts
Quantum Light: Environment 2 (60 ft; Light); 2 pts
Quantum Flight: Flight 12 (8,000 mph), Movement 4 (Environment Adaptation [Zero G], Space Travel 3); 32 pts
Force Field: Protection 12 (Flaw: Sustained), Impervious 6 (Flaw: Sustained), Immunity 10 (Life Support); 34 pts
Quantum Mind Shield: Enhanced Will Save 6 (Flaw: Limited to Mental Effects); 3 pts
Quantum Manipulation: 35 pt Dynamic array; 49 pts
Quantum Blast: Ranged Damage 17 (Extra: Dynamic); 35 pts
Quantum Constructs: Create 14 (Extra: Dynamic, Precise, Innate, Selective, Stationary, Tether); 2 pts
Quantum Burst: Burst Area Damage 14 (Extra: Area Burst [30 ft Burst], Dynamic); 2 pts
Quantum Bubble: Immunity 10 (Life Support, Extra: Dynamic, Affects Others Only, Area Burst, Ranged); 2 pts
Quantum Snare: Ranged Affliction 11 (1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized; Extra: Dynamic, Alternate Resistance [Resisted by Dodge], Cumulative, Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited to two Degrees); 2 pts
Quantum Weapons: Strength-based Damage 7 (Extra: Dynamic, Variable Descriptor 2 [Bludgeoning/Piercing/Slashing]); 2 pts
Quantum Absorption: Impervious 12 (Extra: Dynamic, Linked, Flaw: Sustained, Limited to Energy), Enhanced Quantum Burst 14 (Extra: Dynamic, Linked, Flaw: Fades); 2 pts
Quantum Jump: Movement 3 (Space Travel 3; Extras: Affects Others, Area 2 [60 ft], Dynamic, Instantaneous (occurs instantly each time used), Selective, Flaw: Tiring); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +9 [Unarmed +2; Quantum Weapons +9]
Ranged Attack +8
Quantum Bands +11 [Quantum Blast +17; Quantum Objects +14; Quantum Snare +11]
Special Attack [Quantum Burst +14, Area Burst]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +11 [DC21] Parry +9 [DC19]
Toughness +3 (+12 with Force Field, +6 Impervious with Force Field), Fortitude +8, Will +10 (+16 against Mental Effects)

COMPLICATIONS:
Inferiority Complex: Wendell sometimes questions his ability to operate as the Protector of the Universe and to be involved with the powerful beings he often encounters
Power Loss: Quasar's Absorbing powers do not work against effects created by Magic, or consisting of Darkforce
Power Loss: While Wendell's Quantum Bands are bonded to him, it is possible for him to be separated from them and if this occurs, he loses all his powers and becomes impaired until his body his time to adjust to the loss
Responsibility: Protector of the Universe

Abilities 44 + Skills 20 (40 ranks) + Advantages 13 + Powers 135 + Defenses 25 = 237 / 237

Comments: I haven’t really read much Quasar stuff over the years until Annihilators. He was pretty decent in that as they made his character the “the little Earth guy trying to save the universe with the Silver Surfer, Gladiator, Ronan and Beta Ray Bill, what the hell am I doing here?” guy. It’s been OK, but not new ground by any means.

As a build, I basically took the GL template and tweaked it since that’s pretty much what I’ve seen of him. He’s got plenty of power, but he’s still got to work to hang with the big cosmic boys.
Shop J-Mart!

JetstreamGW
Daredevil
Daredevil

Re: 603

Post by JetstreamGW » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:50 pm

Fillion might make a good Major Victory, but I doubt we'll see him in the GOTG film. It's pretty much been stated to be the Star Lord/Raccoon/Drax group.

On another note...
Thorpacolypse wrote: Sarn is a trained soldier and tactician and was becoming a strong GL until his legs got blasted off. But Isamot, being able to regrow his limbs, gave him a blood transfusion which allowed them to grow back. But I haven't seen him since, so either he croaked off page or Johns just isn't using him.
It's been a while but didn't Isamot actually give Vath his actual legs?

I seem to remember a scene where Vath was trying to decide whether to be touched or angry.

ClassDunce
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by ClassDunce » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:32 pm

JetstreamGW wrote:
I've been thinking about this a little bit lately and honestly I'm of the opinion that Timothy Olyphant would be fantastic as Star Lord. Justified has more than proven that he can be a tough guy, a funny guy and world wearied worn down and dangerous man all at the same time. Fillion can do that too but there's a different edge to the way Olyphant pulls that off that I think suits Star Lord a little better.

Star Lord should be a little bit more Raylan Givens than Mal Reynolds.
"When they ask how I died, tell them: still angry." - Quellcrist Falconer

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: 603

Post by Thorpacolypse » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:54 pm

JetstreamGW wrote: It's been a while but didn't Isamot actually give Vath his actual legs?

I seem to remember a scene where Vath was trying to decide whether to be touched or angry.
You are correct, sir, I misremembered the scene. Isamot did give Vath his legs because he knew he could grow them back. And Vath was definitely angry when he saw the lizard legs, and Iolande had to come in and break up the fight. But of course, they made up and Vath appreciated the gesture in the end.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:05 pm

For our next special, we're taking a look at real people who many people would consider REAL SUPERS. Our first item is a CAN'T MISS SPECIAL!

Eat your heart out Lawton...

BOB MUNDEN
PL: 9 (55 pts) - OPL: 9 ; DPL: 9

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 1, AGILITY 0, DEXTERITY 7, FIGHTING 1, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Athletics (+1), Expertise [Trick Shooting] 12 (+12), Insight 2 (+3), Perception 4 (+5), Ranged Combat [Pistols] 4 (+15)

ADVANTAGES: Accurate Attack, Equipment (2), Improved Aim, Improved Critical (1) (Firearms), Precise Attack (1) (Ranged, Cover), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (4), Skill Mastery (1) (Ranged Combat [Pistols])

ENHANCED ADVANTAGES (FASTEST GUN ALIVE): Improved Initiative (5)

POWERS:
Fastest Gun Alive: Extra: Multiattack on Pistol Attacks, Enhanced Advantages 5 (Improved Initiative 5, Flaw: Limited to when using pistols); 6 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(10ep)
Light Pistol: Ballistic Ranged Damage 3; 75ft range, Small; 6ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +20
Close Attack +1 [Unarmed +1]
Ranged Attack +11
Pistols +15 [Pistol +3, Critical 19-20, Multiattack]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +2 [DC12] Parry +1 [DC11]
Toughness +1, Fortitude +2, Will +2

COMPLICATIONS:
Relationships: His wife, Becky, and two daughters

Abilities 22 + Skills 11 (22 ranks) + Advantages 12 + Powers 6 + Defenses 4 = 55 / 55

Comments: So I saw Bob Munden on Stan Lee’s Superhumans a year or so ago and I kept thinking I would get around to him sooner. I remember seeing him on the old, old Guiness Book of Records Show back in the 80’s once I saw him there but I don’t remember him being so awesome. Bob has been the fastest quick draw in the world pretty much forever. He’s 68 now and hasn’t lost a millisecond off his draw. It’s amazing. Watch this clip if you haven’t seen it and tell me that’s not something that would even make Deadshot go “damn”:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thCl_mYIUBE

I might have gone a little high on the attack bonus, but I feel pretty good about everything else. Still, considering that two balloon shot, I think that +15 may be warranted. Not to mention the fact that he's also made a 600 yard shot with an old school rifle. The man is amazing.
Shop J-Mart!