J-Mart: Preparing for Relocation... :)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:14 pm

We're going to extend LADIES' NIGHT one more night and drop a couple more builds, like this one for Aisle 2!

Behold the most dangerous sideboob in the galaxy!

GAMORA
PL: 12 (190 pts) - OPL: 12 ; DPL: 12

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 7, STAMINA 7, AGILITY 7, DEXTERITY 7, FIGHTING 14, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Acrobatics 8 (+15) [Agile Feint], Athletics 6 (+13), Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+17), Deception 8 (+8/+10) [Attractive], Expertise [Cosmic Lore] 8 (+9), Insight 10 (+13) [Assessment, Combat Clarity], Intimidation 10 (+10), Perception 6 (+9), Persuasion (+0/+2) [Attractive], Sleight of Hand 3 (+10), Stealth 6 (+13), Technology 6 (+7), Vehicles 2 (+9)

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, All-Out Attack, Assessment, Attractive (1), Combat Clarity* (1), Defensive Roll (2), Evasion (1), Follow-Up Strike*, Improved Critical (3) (Swords, Unarmed 2), Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative (1), Improved Trip, Languages (2) (5 others, Base: English), Move-by Action, Power Attack, Precise Attack (1) (Close, Cover), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (3), Takedown (2), Uncanny Dodge

POWERS:
Physical Enhancements: Speed 2 (8 mph/120 fpr), Leaping 1 (15 ft), Regeneration 3 (1/every 3 rounds); 6 pts
Godslayer Sword: 14 pts traits, Easily Removable (-6 pts); 8 pts
Godslaying Strike: Piercing/Slashing Strike 3 (Extra: Dangerous, Penetrating 10); 14 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +11
Close Attack +14 [Godslayer Sword +10, Critical 18-20]
Unarmed +17 [Unarmed +7, Critical 18-20]
Ranged Attack +10

DEFENSES:
Dodge +15 [DC25] Parry +15 [DC25]
Toughness +9, Fortitude +10, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Daddy Issues: Even Thanos is pretty evil, he did adopt her and raise her to be what she is and sometimes has conflicting feelings for him.
Relationships: Kinda Richard Rider (Nova), kinda Peter Quill, kinda…uh…several guys…

Abilities 92 + Skills 38 (76 ranks) + Advantages 27 + Powers 14 + Defenses 19 = 190 / 190

Build Comments: The Most Dangerous Woman in the Galaxy, Gamora. Never read much Gamora stuff, really, outside of just a little bit when she and Adam Warlock were together when I read his book in the 70's/80's but I liked her a lot in Annihilation. She is a pretty stereotypical bad ass chick, but still, she can be fun.

I went back and forth on her PL since I've never seen her REALLY appear to be the most dangerous woman in the galaxy, but she did take out Terrax during Annihilation, although he was weakened at the time. So PL12 felt about right. She can hang with the big boys for a while, but chances are someone like Terrax would clean her clock in the straight up fight.

Secret Origins: Gamora was the sole survivor of the alien humanoid race called the Zen Whoberis, a peace-loving people whose population were wiped out by a zealous religious order seeking to establish a galaxy-wide empire. Agents of the Church, called Grand Inquisitors, herded the entire population of the planet in to a valley and exterminated them for their resistance. The mad Titan Thanos rescued Gamora and brought her through time to a period at least two decades prior to her people’s deaths. Aboard his space station Sanctuary, Thanos raised Gamora and used advanced technology to endow her with enhanced humanoid abilities. He also subtly altered her perceptions so that she would not recognize the evil of her deeds.

The Story so Far: Thanos decided to train her as a weapon to use against and kill the Magus. Thanos made sure Gamora was raised with discipline, though he did on occasion show her affection as a father would show his child: such as celebrating the religious holiday of Yule. Through rigorous training she would become a highly skilled master of various martial arts forms from throughout the universe. Even though Gamora was learning and becoming a master martial artist, she still had more to learn. While still a young girl, she went on a trip with Thanos. Though explicitly against Thanos orders and warning, out of curiosity she decided to venture planet side. In turn she fell into an ambush set up by a group of thugs. The attackers used their numbers advantage and were able to defeat her in spite of her great skill. She was severely injured in the fight and gang raped. Near death, her proverbial knight in shining armor arrived in the form of Thanos, who quickly dispatched the assailants. Thanos then recovered the apologetic and near dead Gamora. After returning to Sanctuary Thanos restored and augmented Gamora. This was achieved via bionic implants and replacement parts of Thanos' own design. These physical and power upgrades made her an equal to Adam Warlock’s own physical abilities. She also received specialized training and abilities including resistance to reality distortion as well as an accelerated healing factor that rivals even Wolverines'.

Thanos planned to send Gamora to assassinate his enemy, Magus, the leader of the Universal Church of Truth, a warped version of Adam Warlock from an alternate future. She practiced for this assignment by killing the Church’s Grand Inquisitors.

Thanos hoped that the presence of a non-contemporary element such as Gamora inserted into the Magus’s present would disrupt his opponent’s plans and eliminate the divergence of events that created the Magus from this timeline. Gamora’s presence was detected by the Magus, who prevented her from getting close enough to assassinate him. Gamora did, however, assist Adam Warlock in his final battle against Magus.

When Magus was defeated, Gamora returned to her master, Thanos, and soon learned of his plan to destroy the universe as a sacrifice to Death. Horrified, she tried to slay Thanos with a dagger, but Thanos slew her instead. Adam Warlock found Gamora with one last spark of life remaining in her body and used his Soul Gem to absorb her consciousness.

Gamora’s spirit remained in the Soul Gem until the Infinity Gauntlet crisis, when it was released. Warlock entrusted Gamora with the Time Gem and made her a member of the Infinity Watch.
Since her return, Gamora remained an ally and friend of Adam Warlock and Pip the Troll. She and Thanos also seem to have reconciled, occasionally sparring with each other. Gamora resigned from the Infinity Watch shortly before it disbanded.

Gamora trained the She-Hulk for her battle against the Champion of the Universe. She-Hulk lost to the Champion in the fight with him, but was awarded a rematch when she pointed out that Champion, who has regained the Power Gem, was possibly using it as an illegal weapon to boost his strength. While waiting for the rematch, Gamora convinced She-Hulk to train for the fight in her human form rather than as She-Hulk. She had She-Hulk train like this because her human strength is exponentially multiplied when she transforms into the She-Hulk, so she reasoned if she can become stronger in her human form then when she becomes the She-Hulk she have greater strength still. Gamora's insight paid off, as now stronger Jennifer Walters makes She-Hulk stronger than ever before, allowing he to defeat the Champion with relative ease.

Leading up to the Annihilation War Gamora had been seen leading a group known as the Graces. They ran into conflict with Ronan the Accuser, whom Gamora faces in single combat, even brandishing Godslayer. Much later Gamora joins the United Front of Nova, using her skills to launch quick counter-attacks against the Annihilation Wave.

During the Phalanx's invasion of the Kree home-world of Hala following the Annihilation War, Gamora is assimilated as a "select" of the hive mind. They dispatched her to apprehend Nova after he flees the planet. She completed her quest as well as collecting Drax, but after Nova overcomes the control, he helps her and Drax become free again as well and they assist the Guardians of the Galaxy and others defeat the Phalanx.

Having no purpose and wanting to do things for the greater good, Gamora joins the team of heroes known as the Guardians of the Galaxy. At first she is not trusted because of her past, but after risking her life to save the others, she is seen in a different light. While trying to close a fissure located inside a Dyson Sphere, the team decides to stop threats to them by turning off the shield that protects them from the star's immense heat. They plan to teleport out, but are unable to do so. Gamora braves the intense heat in order to turn the shields back on, charring her entire body from head to toe.

It took some time for Gamora to heal from this. After the Skrulls are found on Knowhere, the team's base, accusations run high, especially towards Gamora. After they find the Skrulls, it is revealed to all that Star-Lord had Mantis mildly brainwash them into joining the team. Disgusted, Gamora quits the team and heads off with Adam Warlock. After a short run in with the Universal Church of Truth, Gamora and Adam return to the Guardians in order to help them continue to save the universe.

When the Inhuman King Black Bolt unleashed the Terrigen Bomb, which created a massive tear in space-time known as the Fault, Warlock is able to stop the tear from expanding, but in doing so he had to overlap the Timestream, causing himself to turn into the Magus. Gamora, along with many other Guardians, was killed by the Magus before finally being stopped by Star-Lord and a Cosmic Cube. But this was a trick and the Magus only faked her death, taking Gamora's soul and remaking her with the Church of Truth's belief energy. As a captive of the Magus, she was subject to the torture of their interrogators in an effort to convert her to the Church's beliefs. For a time, it is believed she was turned to their faith but when the other team members broke free of their captors, she fought alongside them.

When Thanos returned, the Guardians of the Galaxy came to Earth to assist the Avengers against him.

Characterization: Gamora is one of the greatest warriors in the universe.

Friends and Foes: Gamora is loyal to her Guardians teammates and has had several relationships in the past, including ones with Adam Warlock, Nova and Star-Lord.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:25 pm

LADIES' NIGHT keeps rolling with another new item for Aisle 2!

Everyone's got a role for me... Team leader. Cancer survivor. Cover story. Mutant. And I am all those things and then some. But what about how I define myself? What I want my life to be about? And allowing myself the chance to succeed or fail at it. -Firestar

FIRESTAR
PL: 10 (150 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 5, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 5 (+8), Athletics (+1), Deception 3 (+4), Expertise [Popular Culture] 4 (+5), Insight 4 (+6), Intimidation (+1), Investigation 3 (+4), Perception 4 (+6), Persuasion 5 (+6), Ranged Combat [Microwave Control] 6 (+8), Stealth (+3)

ADVANTAGES: Defensive Roll (3), Equipment (1), Teamwork

POWERS:
Allow Me to Heat Up that Hot Pocket: Feature 1 (You can produce a mild bombardment of microwaves, sufficient to heat up small items, essentially making you a walking microwave oven); 1 pt
Glowing Personality: Feature 1 (You can cause a part of your body [or your entire person] to glow softly with radioactive phosphorescence, giving you a circumstance bonus in overcoming darkness or in some interactions.); 1 pt
Microwave Immunity: Immunity 12 (Radiation, Heat, Radiation/Microwave Effects); 12 pts
Microwave Senses: Senses 3 (Detect Microwaves [Mental, Extended, Ranged, Radius]); 3 pts
Microwave Flight: Flight 6 (120 mph); 12 pts
Microwave Control: 36 pt Array; 42 pts
Microwave Attack: Ranged Cumulative Affliction 12 (Resisted and Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Impaired, 2nd: Disabled, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Cumulative); 36 pts
Blinding Radiance: Ranged Cumulative Affliction 12 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Vision Impaired, 2nd: Vision Disabled, 3rd: Vision Unaware, Flaw: Limited to one sense [Visual]); 1 pt
Melting Heat: Ranged Weaken Toughness 12 (Melting); 1 pt
Radiation Burst: Burst Area Damage 10 (Extra: Area Burst [30 ft radius]); 1 pt
Radioactive Aura: Reaction Damage 6 (Extra: Reaction [being touched, radiation]); 1 pt
Heat Shield: Immunity 20 (Physical Damage, Flaw: Sustained, Limited to Ranged Projectiles); 1 pt
Melt Through: Burrowing 5 (2 mph); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(5ep)
Young Justice Communicard: Senses 2 (Communication Link [Radio, Young Justice Members), GPS, Feature 1 (Mount Justice/Avengers Tower Access), Benefit 1 (Young Justice Status); 5ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +5 [Unarmed +1]
Ranged Attack +2
Microwave Control +8 [Microwave Blast +12; Microwave Attack +12]
Special Attack [Microwave Burst +10, Area Burst]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +11 [DC21] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +5, Fortitude +6, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
Accident: When upset, Angelica's powers can go out of control
Prejudice: Mutant
Relationships: She was a long term relationship with Vance Astrovik (Justice) and still has residual feelings for him. But she has also starting dating Gravity

Abilities 34 + Skills 17 (34 ranks) + Advantages 5 + Powers 71 + Defenses 23 = 150 / 150

Comments: Angelica Jones was created for the Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends show on NBC back in the olden times when there were only cartoons on Saturday mornings. Being a comic kid, I watched that show a lot and I loved Iceman and Spidey, of course, I remember seeing Angelica then, and I didn’t think she was much to talk about. Apparently she was a fill-in for the Human Torch, one because they were afraid kids would try to light themselves on fire (really? First off, that wasn’t going to happen and second, if they did, they deserve to burn and if they die, that just means the human gene pool got a little stronger) and also for a little diversity.

I didn’t see her for years then all of sudden I start seeing her in X-books and it hit me that she was a mutant and I had forgotten. When they were running that series again on Disney XD or something a couple of years ago, I watched a couple of episodes and sure enough in her origin episode, they showed her at Xavier’s school.

I guess she also had a stint in the Avengers and was dating Justice for a good while but I missed all that. I picked up a couple of issues of Young Allies and it was decent, although I liked the Bastards of Evil more than the heroes, really. As a build, she was easy enough to whip up as a Microwave wielding glass cannon and I could see her being good in a team setting but not great shakes on her own.
Shop J-Mart!

Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Re: J-Mart: LADIES' NIGHT - Divine, Vogue, Gamora, Firestar

Postby Batgirl III » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:09 pm

Firestar had a great run in the short-lived the Marvel Divas series; sort of a Marvel Universe meets Birds of Prey by way of Sex and the City. The main plot had Firestar dealing with her cancer diagnosis, Hellcat making a deal with her ex-husband (the literal son of Satan) to cure her, and the hijinks that ensue. The B-Plots were great too, Brother Voodoo and Captain Marvel* working out their own relationship issues, a trip to a day spa...

Probably never would have worked as an ongoing title without some tweaks (like the godawful title) but worth checking out if you can find the trade.

* No. I won't call her Photon or Pulsar. Nope. No deal. Also, why has Marvel retconned her previous career from being a Lieutenant in the Coast Guard to the New Orleans Harbor Patrol? I met many fine men and women in the Harbor Patrol... but, let's face it, lots of superheroes are or were cop. Monica Rambeau was the only superhero from the Coast Guard. Semper paratus!
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:36 pm

It's probably a good thing you missed her run in the Avengers, Thorp, since one of her subplots dealt with the fact her powers were killing her and the cure for her ills was invented by your least favorite character of all time (as far as I can tell). One of the more amusing Justice/Firestar plotlines dealt with the fact that while he really, really, really wanted to be an Avenger and she didn't, she was a much more effective Avenger than he was. It was good for some laughs.

saint_matthew
Overlord
Overlord

Postby saint_matthew » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:48 am

Batgirl III wrote:Firestar had a great run in the short-lived the Marvel Divas series; sort of a Marvel Universe meets Birds of Prey by way of Sex and the City.

With all due respect, i am going to have to disagree with the the comparision to Birds of Prey. The only thing the two hand in common was that it was a female heavy team... an as i keep on telling particular marvel fans who keep on pitching female only titles with the approximate sentence of "it'll be just like birds of prey & that was good:" The reason birds of prey was good had nothing to do with the gender of the characters. It was great because it was a well developed book, based heavily on inter-personal characterisation & it did its own thing.

I'm not sure what i would compare Marvel Divas too, but it wouldn't be Birds of Prey. :D
“Anti-Intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge’.”
-Isaac Asimov

Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Batgirl III » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:02 am

That sort of was meant as a qualifier. :wink: It wasn't as good as Birds of Prey when that book was at its best, few monthly titles these days are ever as good as Gail Simone when she's at her best. But, Marvel Divas was better than I had any expectations it would be...

The covers were blatant fanservice, the name of the book was assinine, and I hate Blackcat in nine out of ten appearances. I've also been really, really disappointed with Marvel's output since, roughly, 2005. So, my bar was set pretty low to begin with. But, if you want a fun bit of Firestar that isn't a 1970's cartoon, this is pretty much the only thing in print.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Jabroniville » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:35 am

I was personally annoyed that they merely converted all the previous Marvel characters' personalities into pastiches of the "Sex & the City" girls- Firestar in particular was barely anything like she used to be. Monica as the crabby "Miranda" of the team was weird too, and I'm not sure why Daimon Hellstrom was evil in that, though I barely follow his character. Some of the gags were funny (a hobo telling Felicia that "Face it, Tigress- you just hit the jackpot")

I found the funniest bit to be how they made the comic to appeal to female fans... then had J. Scott Campbell draw his Escher Girl-style poses for all the covers. That'd be like making a comic to appeal to male fans, and design it with a shirtless Edward Cullen on the cover doing crunches :).

Nice Firestar & Gamora builds, too- Gamora is a pain in the rear to set for PL, because she's got so much hype behind how great she is, but NEVER EVER SHOWS IT. Her biggest feat seems to be that "Infinity Crusade" story where she handled a bunch of Marvel supers at once (Rogue, She-Hulk, a few others), but it's one of those fights where you only see a bit of it, so you can't tell if anyone was really KO'd or not. Firestar herself is a really cool Blaster archetype, since she fits alot of the standards (weak defense, Blasty Flying), but adds a few unique touches (New Warriors showed her as a generic Blaster, but she developed more later) with all those Microwave tricks.

Earth-Two_Kenn
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Re: 635

Postby Earth-Two_Kenn » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:48 am

Thorpacolypse wrote:Behold the most dangerous sideboob in the galaxy!

In all fairness, everyday sideboob is fairly devastating. :wink:
Over eleven hundred DCA/M&M Character builds at http://www.rcuhero.net

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:01 am

We've a couple more builds for this extended LADIES' NIGHT and this one comes from our Metropolis store!

Eat your heart out, Lois.

SUPERWOMAN III (LUCY LANE)
PL: 12 (203 pts) - OPL: 12 ; DPL: 12

ABILITIES: STRENGTH [2] 16, STAMINA [1] 12, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 2 (+5), Athletics 1 (+17), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+8), Deception (+1), Expertise [Flight Attendant] 3 (+5), Expertise [Military] 4 (+6), Insight (+2), Intimidation 6 (+7), Perception 3 (+5), Persuasion (+1), Ranged Combat [Heat Vision] 3 (+8), Stealth 2 (+5), Vehicles 2 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (1) (Military Clearance), Defensive Roll (1), Equipment (1), Power Attack, Ranged Attack (2)

ENHANCED ADVANTAGES (INVULNERABILITY): Diehard, Great Endurance

POWERS:
Superwoman Suit: 158 pts traits, Removable (-32 pts); 126 pts
Super Strength: Enhanced Strength 14, Enhanced Strength 6 (50,000 Tons; Flaw: Limited to Lifting); 34 pts
Invulnerability: Enhanced Stamina 10, Enhanced Dodge 2, Enhanced Parry 2, Protection 2, Impervious Toughness 8, Enhanced Advantages 2 (see Advantages), Feature 1 (Longevity), Immunity 10 (Life Support), Regeneration 3 (1/every 3 rounds; Extra: Persistent, Flaw: Limited [Requires exposure to yellow sunlight]); 58 pts
Super Movement: 33 pt Dynamic Array; 35 pts
Flight: Flight 14 (32,000 mph), Movement 2 (Space Travel 2) (Extra: Dynamic); 33 pts
Super Speed: Speed 14 (32,000 mph), Quickness 8 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Super Powers: 29 pt Dynamic Array; 35 pts
Heat Vision: Heat Ranged Damage 14 (Extra: Dynamic); 29 pts
Super-Breath: Cone Area Move Object 9 (Extra: Area Cone [60 ft], Dynamic, Flaw: Range [Close], Limited Direction [towards or away]); 2 pts
Freezing Breath: Cone Area Affliction 8 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength/Damage; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized; Extra: Area Cone [60 ft], Cumulative, Dynamic, Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited to two Degrees); 2 pts
Super Senses: Senses 17 (Normal Hearing [Acute and Extended 3], Normal Vision [Extended 3], Infravision [Extended], Microscopic Vision 4, Ultra-Hearing [Extended], Vision Penetrates Concealment [Extended, Flaw: Cannot see through lead]; Extra: Dynamic); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(5ep)
Commlink: Feature 1 (Radio Communication), Miniscule; 1ep

OFFENSE: Initiative +3
Close Attack +6
Unarmed +8 [Unarmed +16]
Ranged Attack +5
Heat Vision +8 [Heat Vision +14]
Special Attack [Super Breath Move Object +9, Area Burst; Freeze Breath Affliction +8, Area Burst]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +9 [DC19] Parry +9 [DC19]
Toughness +15 (+8 Impervious), Fortitude +14, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Relationships: She loves her father, General Sam Lane, and despite their differences, she has shown affection for her sister, Lois Lane on occasion
Responsibility: To Project 7734 and her father's plans
Secret Identity: She doesn't want anyone to know she is Lucy Lane

Abilities 42 + Skills 14 (28 ranks) + Advantages 9 + Powers 126 + Defenses 12 = 203 / 203

Comments: So during the New Krypton arc (which was pretty good overall, but I felt like the ending was rushed) a new Superwoman showed up alongside the Kryptonians. At first, she seemed to be on their side, but after a few mysterious murders, Supergirl found out Superwoman was behind them. During the fight with Supergirl, it turned out that this new Superwoman was not a Kryptonian at all, but Lucy Lane, Lois’s little sister and right hand of their father, General Sam Lane, who was making it his mission to get rid of the Kryptonians. They had somehow gotten hold of magic suit that allowed Lucy to imitate the Kryptonian powerset without the Kryptonite vulnerability.

Not my favorite part of the arc, but at least it gave Kara another rival for a while, which was the whole point.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:57 am

And our LADIES' NIGHT comes to a close with this new item for our X-Verse Line!

Oooo...green haired giggity...

POLARIS
PL: 10 (150 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 0, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 4, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Deception 4 (+5/+7) [Attractive], Expertise [Earth Sciences] 7 (+8), Insight 3 (+5), Intimidation (+1), Perception 3 (+5), Persuasion (+1/+3) [Attractive], Ranged Combat [Magnetic Control] 5 (+8), Stealth (+3)

ADVANTAGES: Attractive (1), Equipment (1), Teamwork

POWERS:
Minor Ferrokinesis: Feature 1 (You can generate a strong enough magnetic field to move small (mass rank –5 or less) ferrous objects within about an arm’s reach); 1 pt
Minor Magnetism: Feature 1 (You can magnetize a small [hand-sized] ferrous object of mass rank –5 or less by holding it and taking a standard action to do so. The object remains magnetized until degaussed); 1 pt
Magnetic Manipulation: Feature 1 (You can use magnetic fields to turn or operate small metal fasteners [screws, bolts, nails, etc.] within arm’s reach as if you had the proper tools); 1 pt
True North: Feature 1 (You have an “internal compass” — always able to sense magnetic north on a planet with magnetic poles, equivalent to the Direction Sense effect and know if an object is magnetized by touching it.); 1 pt
Magnetic Flight: Flight 6 (120 mph, Extra: Subtle); 13 pts
Magnetic Sense: Senses 3 (Detect Magnetic Fields [Mental, Extended, Radius); 3 pts
Magnetic Force Field: Protection 10, Impervious 5; 20 pts
Magnetic Control: 32 pt Dynamic Array; 48 pts
Magnetic Seizure: Perception Ranged Affliction 10 (Resisted and Overcome by Will; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Dynamic Subtle); 32 pts
Magnetic Blast: Magnetic Force Ranged Damage 12 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Degauss Burst: Burst Area Nullify Magnetism 10 (Extra: Area Burst [30 ft], Dynamic, Simultaneous); 2 pts
Ferrokinesis: Perception Ranged Move Object 10 (Extra: Dynamic, Flaw: Limited to Ferrous Metals); 2 pts
Magnetic Interference: Burst Area Ranged Concealment 2 (All magnetic and radio; Extra: Attack, Dynamic); 2 pts
Shape Metal: Transform 9 (Ferrous metal from one shape to another, Extra: Duration [Continuous], Dynamic); 2 pts
Magnetic Binding: Ranged Cumulative Affliction 10 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobile, Extra: Dynamic, Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited Degree); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(5ep)
X-Men Commlink: Senses 2 (Communication Link [Radio, X-Men, X-Mansion]); 2ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +4 [Unarmed +0]
Ranged Attack +3
Magnetic Control +8 [Magnetic Blast +12; Magnetic Binding +10]
Special Attack [Magnetic Seizure +10, Perception; Ferrokinesis Move Object +10, Area Burst]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 [DC18] Parry +6 [DC16]
Toughness +2 (+12 with Force Field, +5 Impervious), Fortitude +6, Will +11

COMPLICATIONS:
Daddy Issues: Being Magneto's daughter, says she has conflicting feelings for him would be an understatement
Relationships: She has been in a long-term on-and-off relationship with Alex Summers (Havok)

Abilities 32 + Skills 11 (22 ranks) + Advantages 3 + Powers 84 + Defenses 20 = 150 / 150

Comments: Polaris is an OK X-character. Long time lover of Havok and having the usual "child of Magneto" flip-flop between good and evil, she's had her moments, but for the most part, she's been a bit player in the X-Verse. But between her and Abigail Brand, I don’t know which green haired lady I like best. Oh, and I almost forgot about Vertigo, who is kinda intriguing as well. I didn’t realize I had a thing for green haired girls until now. Huh…

She’s basically Magneto lite and I had fun using stuff from the Magnetic Power Power Profile. I’ll might take another run at her later because I am not 100% sold on this first shot, but she’s not a build I ever plan to use, so she may just stay as is.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:28 am

Now that we're finished with the ladies', it's back to man stuff! We've got a companion item to the previous piece for our X-Verse line!

We're going to lead the resistance against Vulcan and Deathbird. Because we have to end this threat... he has to die. And X-Men don't kill, so I guess we aren't X-Men anymore. - Havok

HAVOK
PL: 11 (163 pts) - OPL: 11 ; DPL: 11

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 4 (+7), Athletics 5 (+7), Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+9), Deception (+2), Expertise [Physical Sciences] 8 (+9), Expertise [Tactics] 8 (+9), Insight 6 (+8), Intimidation 3 (+5), Investigation 3 (+4), Perception 3 (+5), Persuasion (+2), Ranged Combat [Plasma Control] 2 (+7), Stealth (+3), Vehicles 7 (+10)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Assessment, Defensive Roll (3), Equipment (1), Extraordinary Effort, Improved Initiative (1), Leadership, Ranged Attack (2), Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Energy Absorption: Immunity 22 (Own powers, Cyclops' Powers, Heat Effects, Radiation Effects); 22 pts
Plasma Control: 30 pt Array; 32 pts
Plasma Blast: Ranged Damage 15; 30 pts
Plasma Burst: Burst Area Damage 11 (Extra: Area Burst [30 ft], Penetrating 8]; 1 pt
Plasma Flash: Burst Area Cumulative Affliction 10 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Vision Impaired, 2nd: Vision Disabled, 3rd: Vision Unaware, Extra: Area Burst [30 ft], Cumulative, Flaw: Limited to One Sense [Visual]); 1 pt
Plasma Propulsion: Flight 6 (120 mph; Flaw: Distracting); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(5ep)
Containment Suit: Feature 1 (Help control his cosmic radiation absorption and release); 1ep
X-Men Commlink: Senses 2 (Communication Link [Radio, X-Men, X-Mansion]); 2ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +7
Close Attack +6
Unarmed +9 [Unarmed +2]
Ranged Attack +5
Plasma Control +7 [Plasma Blast +15]
Special Attack [Plasma Burst +11, Area Burst; Plasma Flash Affliction +10, Area Burst]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +6, Fortitude +8, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Accident: Havok has often had trouble controlling his powers without his containment suit
Enemy: His brother Gabriel Summers, known as Vulcan
Power Loss: Havok's powers are dependent upon absorbing ambient cosmic radiation. He needs to be in proximity to a star or other source of cosmic energy in order to recharge his powers
Relationships: He's been in a long-term on-and-off relationship with Polaris
Rivalry: With his brother, Scott Summers, known as Cyclops

Abilities 44 + Skills 26 (52 ranks) + Advantages 12 + Powers 55 + Defenses 26 = 163 / 163

Comments: I’ve really grown to like Alex over the years. I didn’t care for him much when I was first saw him in a team-up with Spidey when they took on the Living Monolith, who was pretty much Havok’s arch at the time. But in the Vulcan arc in X-Men a few years ago, he really came into his own. And I’m glad he’s getting some good run in Uncanny Avengers as the new “face” of the mutants in place of Xavier and Cyclops. He’ll do well until they can redeem Scott. IF they redeem Scott, which after AvX: Consequences, I am not sure that I want now. He's playing the sanctimonious jerk role well in comparison to the more compassionate Wolverine. It's good stuff.

I’ve always seen Alex as a more powerful, but less skilled version of Scott. I love that he took it upon himself to deal with Vulcan and given the right circumstances, he could take him in a straight up fight if played right, even though I plan on building Gabe at PL14-ish. I didn’t give Alex Power Attack this time around, but he can use XP for it if he needs it. And with a 15 rank blast, he shouldn’t need it much.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: J-Mart: Gamora, Firestar, Superwoman, Polaris, Havok

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:52 am

THORPACOVERSE SETTING RAMBLE COMMENCING...

So when I started my other thread for my personal setting builds, it was because I felt like this thread was already getting to cluttered with multiple versions of characters and not enough cohesiveness to work out what I would like in my own setting. For example, I had a PL10 PC Wolverine, a PL11 NPC one, PL11 PC version and I wanted to work up one without an Adamantium skeleton like he was for a while in the 90's. However, I realized I wanted one main combined setting for the Thorpacoverse but still build "iconic" versions and silly or fun stuff whenever I wanted. So I would have DCA compatible versions here, PCs at the J-Mart PC Superstore and my personal setting stuff at J-Mart II.

Then as time went on, I realized that I had a hard time determining what I wanted in ONE setting. Which one is "right"? Did I want my own power level scale? Did I really want them DCA power level compatible? Did I want a PP per level limit? Was I building them with canon in mind or my own take? It was hard to decide and I kept flip-flopping on them. My Superman and Thor builds (and others) keep going up and down in PL or changing powers/traits depending on what I was looking for in a “main setting”.

Then it hit me. What I was I was looking was ALL of that. I wanted to make builds of characters that fit what I was looking for AT THAT TIME. I’m too wishy-washy to just have one Thorpacoverse setting. I need a variety! A multiverse of Thorpacoverses, so to speak. So that’s what I’m back to doing.

I’m still good with having the PCs on their own thread (and I really need to work on some again soon) but I think I can do what want with other multiple settings here at J-Mart. Most of my builds will remain DCA compatible, but my personal setting of Earth-217 (or E217 for short) will have builds that are more of a snapshot in time, and will reflect my own canon as I see it (at the time :wink: ). Right now, I’m thinking of splitting them based on the duration of the modern superhero age of Earth-217. Like E217 Year One, E217 Year Three (ish), Earth-217 Year Ten (ish), Earth-217 Year Twenty (ish), etc. The year is based on the initial public appearance of Superman. That is the one constant. It ALWAYS starts with Superman. 8)

My "main" setting, with the "iconic" versions of characters that are DCA compatible would be Earth-217: Year 10. That's where Superman is in his PL15 prime, characters like Cap, Spawn, Spidey, Batman, etc. are experienced and using their main power sets at "iconic" power levels and pretty much all the characters I've built that I would include in my setting have been introduced. They've been active long enough for them to have died, come back, etc, whatever they have done to this point in their main continuity at DC, Marvel, Image, Dark Horse, The Dresdenverse, etc.

Hopefully setting it up that way will build some cohesiveness for builds that can work throughout all settings but allow some flexibility in building characters for a specific point in time. My upcoming Superman is the prime example. As we know, Superman has remained pretty similar from the Silver Age on, with his power level fluctuating slightly and his core power set remaining the same (I’m choosing to pretend that Superman Red and Superman Blue did NOT exist :wink: ). But if you look at him from a “realistic” progressive level for game terms, they may be generally the same character but Superman in Kingdom Come is a lot more effective than Superman Year One. Both versions are super strong, have Heat Vision, X-Ray vision, etc. But Kingdom Come Superman has years of experience and has absorbed a lot more solar energy over his longer period of activity, so he’d be more like a PL16 whereas he’d probably be more like PL12-ish when he starts out in Year One. Same with characters like Batman and Spider-Man. They were good when they started, but as they’ve gotten more experienced, they have become great heroes, with a proportionate increase in Skills, Advantages and Power Level. It gives structure to why I will have a PL10 Batman and a PL12 Batman. Not just because I like building the icons in different ways (which I do, A LOT) but because they fit in different settings.

But creatures like The Destroyer, they’re PL15-16 when they’re first seen and they’ll be PL15-16 in a thousand years of continuity because they are what they are. The Destroyer doesn’t train, he doesn’t really gain skills, he doesn’t pick up new tricks after facing an opponent a few times, he just Destroys. So I'll set a standard for them and build characters like that once.

From a setting standpoint, it also gives me some options for toying with some powersets, Complications and team setups. Maybe Wolverine in E217 Year 5 has lost his Adamantium skeleton or gotten it back in Year 7, but lost his memories again in the process, adding another Complication. Dick Grayson would be Robin in Year 1, but by Year 3 or 4, he’d be Nightwing, similar to the changes in main continuity. The Justice League of E217 Year 2 is certainly going to look different than the Justice League of E217 Year 20, just like it does now because the players constantly change.

So I hope that explains why I'll have a PL12 Superman, a PL13 one, and so on. Hell, maybe Red and Blue WILL show up in the Thorpacomultiverse, who knows? I've cleared out some posts to make room for the settings so hopefully they will be moderately cohesive and make me be a bit more precise when I reference the Thorpacoverse. So without further ado...
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:03 pm

After that stirring ramble, let's get into it. This remodeled version of one of our best sellers hits the Aisle 1 shelves!

Don't worry about me. They raise 'em tough in Smallville. - Superman

SUPERMAN (KAL-EL)
EARTH-217: YEAR 0

PL: 11 (217 pts) - OPL: 11 ; DPL: 11

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 15, STAMINA 12, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 4, INTELLECT 4, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Athletics 2 (+17), Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+7), Deception (+2), Expertise [Farmer] 1 (+5), Expertise [Journalism] 1 (+5), Insight (+2), Intimidation (+2), Investigation 1 (+5), Perception 5 (+7), Persuasion 2 (+4), Stealth (+2), Technology 3 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Beginner's Luck, Eidetic Memory, Interpose, Power Attack, Ranged Attack (3), Ultimate Effort (1) (Ultimate Will Check)

POWERS:
More Powerful Than a Locomotive: Enhanced Strength 3 (3,200 Tons; Flaw: Limited to Lifting); 3 pts
Invulnerability: Protection 3, Impervious Toughness 7, Enhanced Advantages 1 (Diehard), Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support), Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds; Extra: Persistent, Flaw: Limited [Requires exposure to yellow sunlight]); 31 pts
Able to Leap Tall Buildings: Leaping 10 (1 Mile); 10 pts
Super Speed: Speed 8 (500 mph), Quickness 6; 14 pts
Powers Far Beyond Those of Mortal Men: 30 pt Array; 33 pts
Heat Vision: Heat Ranged Damage 13; 26 pts
Super-Breath: Cone Area Move Object 8 (Extra: Area Cone [60 ft], Flaw: Range [Close], Limited Direction [towards or away]); 1 pt
Freezing Breath: Cone Area Affliction 8 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Hindered, 2nd: Immobilized, 3rd: Paralyzed; Extra: Area Cone [60 ft], Cumulative); 1 pt
Super Senses: Senses 13 (Normal Hearing [Acute and Extended 2], Normal Vision [Extended 2], Infravision [Extended], Microscopic Vision 2, Ultra-Hearing [Extended], Vision Penetrates Concealment [Extended, Flaw: Cannot see through lead]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +4
Unarmed +7 [Unarmed +15]
Ranged Attack +5 [Heat Vision +15]
Special Attack [Super Breath Affliction +8, Area Cone; Freezing Breath Affliction +8, Area Cone]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +7 [DC17] Parry +7 [DC17]
Toughness +15 (+7 Impervious), Fortitude +13, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Arrogance: Being blessed with powers far beyond those of mortal men and has made him quite confident that no one can best him, which he will learn is not even close to the truth
Power Loss: Superman loses his powers and his Str and Sta are reduced to 2 under a red sun, like that of Krypton, and other effects draining or interfering with the energies of the yellow sun can deprive him of his powers
Relationships: Superman’s closest relationship is with his mother and father, Martha and Jonathan Kent. Other important people in his life include his best friends from high school, Pete Ross, Lana Lang, and Chloe Sullivan. He is also becoming fast friends with Jimmy Olsen and Lois Lane
Responsibility: Superman feels a strong sense of responsibility to use his powers for the benefit of all
Secret Identity: Clark Kent, mild-mannered rookie reporter for the Daily Planet
Vulnerable: Superman is as vulnerable to magic as anyone else. His Toughness is not Impervious against magical attacks and he loses his ranks of Protection
Weakness: Kryptonite...Its radiation saps the Strength and powers of Kryptonians, leaving them impaired, disabled, and eventually debilitated in terms of Strength and power effects. Long-term exposure (usually a matter of minutes, less for a large enough amount) imposes the dying condition and may lead to death

Abilities 86 + Skills 9 (18 ranks) + Advantages 8 + Powers 98 + Defenses 16 = 217 / 217

Comments: After being inspired by Batgirl III's very well developed setting, I got the itch to refine my Earth-217 setting(s) as noted in the ramble above. This Superman build is for Earth-217 Year 3. He made his debut on December 30th, three years ago, ushering in the modern age of superheroes. Sure, Captain America was around in the 40’s until his untimely demise and characters like Wolverine have existed for ages, but they did their work in secret. Batman and a few other modern heroes started their careers a year or two before the Superman craze but they too stayed out of the public eye, generally existing as urban legends. But Superman saving Lois’ crashing flight that day, and her pictures and subsequent article were what brought the world of superheroes, aliens and mutants into the public arena and changed the world forever. I’ll be writing up more on that later…

However, this take on Clark is a Thorpacofication (man, I’m turning myself into a verb now…maybe I’m acquiring the Arrogance Complication… :shock:) of him like he was being portrayed in the first few issues of Action Comics in the New 52. Instead of making a spectacle of himself, though, he’s functioning similarly to the way Clark did in the final few seasons of Smallville where he’s The Blur; generally staying out of sight, but still engaging in superheroic activities. His public debut that I mention above is still about a year off.

He hasn’t been in Metropolis very long, but he’s learning the town thanks to becoming fast friends with Jimmy and Lois. He and Pa Kent haven’t found the Kryptonian Crystals that he will use to create the Fortress of Solitude yet, and he’s still a little ways of from being able to fly, but he’s close. He’s strong, but inaccurate and has very little in the area of Skills and Advantages, but he’s still far beyond even the most powerful of mortal men. And that’s makes him vulnerable because even though he’s got a great heart, he’s become a bit cocky since his powers developed.

Like he would if he were a PC, as he gets more experienced as a hero and in life, his Complications will change, he’ll get more skilled and powerful and eventually be the PL15 iconic Superman that we’re used to (already posted) and eventually he’ll be that nearly invulnerable, PL16-ish, +12 Unarmed, +20 Strength, +22 Defense, +20 Toughness Superman that you see in Kingdom Come. With my own take on things for how I want him to work in the Thorpacoverse, of course. :wink:
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Mister B
Bystander
Bystander

Re: J-Mart: Gamora, Firestar, Superwoman, Polaris, Havok

Postby Mister B » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:43 pm

I like your Stuff Thorpacolypse!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: 635

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:58 pm

Earth-Two_Kenn wrote:
Thorpacolypse wrote:Behold the most dangerous sideboob in the galaxy!

In all fairness, everyday sideboob is fairly devastating. :wink:

It's certainly put me in the Incapacitated condition more than once... :shock:

Jabroniville wrote:I was personally annoyed that they merely converted all the previous Marvel characters' personalities into pastiches of the "Sex & the City" girls- Firestar in particular was barely anything like she used to be. Monica as the crabby "Miranda" of the team was weird too, and I'm not sure why Daimon Hellstrom was evil in that, though I barely follow his character. Some of the gags were funny (a hobo telling Felicia that "Face it, Tigress- you just hit the jackpot")

I found the funniest bit to be how they made the comic to appeal to female fans... then had J. Scott Campbell draw his Escher Girl-style poses for all the covers. That'd be like making a comic to appeal to male fans, and design it with a shirtless Edward Cullen on the cover doing crunches :).

Nice Firestar & Gamora builds, too- Gamora is a pain in the rear to set for PL, because she's got so much hype behind how great she is, but NEVER EVER SHOWS IT. Her biggest feat seems to be that "Infinity Crusade" story where she handled a bunch of Marvel supers at once (Rogue, She-Hulk, a few others), but it's one of those fights where you only see a bit of it, so you can't tell if anyone was really KO'd or not. Firestar herself is a really cool Blaster archetype, since she fits alot of the standards (weak defense, Blasty Flying), but adds a few unique touches (New Warriors showed her as a generic Blaster, but she developed more later) with all those Microwave tricks.

Well, I'm glad I certainly missed that little attempt at trying to emulate Sex and the City with female superheroes. It was painful enough with just regular New York women. Although I will admit, I know quite a bit about the series because that was during the timeframe when I was foolishly trying to make my marriage better by spending time with my wife. However, we have both learned now that her watching that stuff or Lifetime or Oxygen or whatever, without my "Are you kidding me? No man acts like that. Who do these pretentious b*tches think they are? And you say my D&D is a fantasy world?!?!?" comments is far better for our marriage. 8)

I mainly see Gamora as a glorified goon sweeper, but I suppose she's done something, somewhere, sometime to earn her rep. We just haven't seen it. :D

Mister B wrote:I like your Stuff Thorpacolypse!

Thanks, Mister B! I've been feeling quite rejuvenated in the game recently so I hope that's coming through in my recent builds. I need to work up some originals like yours, it's been too long since I've done that.
Shop J-Mart!

Return to “Roll Call”