J-Mart: Preparing for Relocation... :)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Re: #113

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:13 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:Our PC Line continues with this SUPER item!

It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then... he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him. -- Batman

SUPERMAN (KAL-EL)
PL: 15 (295 pts) - OPL: 15 ; DPL: 15

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 19, STAMINA 14, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 4, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 5

SKILLS: Athletics 3 (+22), Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+11), Deception (+5), Expertise [Farmer] 2 (+5), Expertise [Journalism] 6 (+9), Insight 3 (+7), Intimidation (+5), Investigation 4 (+8), Perception 6 (+10), Persuasion 7 (+12) [Connected], Ranged Combat [Heat Vision] 6 (+11), Stealth (+2), Technology 4 (+8)

ADVANTAGES: Accurate Attack, Beginner’s Luck, Benefit (1) (Status – He’s Superman), Connected, Eidetic Memory, Equipment (6), Extraordinary Effort, Inspire (2), Interpose, Languages (1) (Kryptonian, 1 other, Base: English), Leadership, Luck (Edit Scene) (1), Luck (Heroic Feat) (1), Power Attack, Ranged Attack (3), Ultimate Effort (2) (Ultimate Toughness, Ultimate Will)

ENHANCED ADVANTAGES (INVULNERABILITY): Diehard, Great Endurance

POWERS:
More Powerful Than a Locomotive: Enhanced Strength 5 (400,000 Tons; Flaw: Limited to Lifting); 5 pts
Invulnerability: Protection 4, Impervious Toughness 9, Enhanced Advantages 2 (see Advantages), Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support), Regeneration 3 (1/every 3 rounds; Extra: Persistent, Flaw: Limited [Requires exposure to yellow sunlight]); 36 pts
Faster Than a Speeding Bullet: 35 pt Dynamic Array; 37 pts
Able to Leap Tall Buildings: Flight 15 (64,000 mph), Movement 2 (Space Travel 2) (Extra: Dynamic); 35 pts
Super Speed: Speed 15 (64,000 mph), Quickness 8 (Extra: Dynamic), Enhanced Advantages 5 (Improved Initiative 5); 2 pts

Powers Far Beyond Those of Mortal Men: 30 pt Array; 33 pts
Heat Vision: Heat Ranged Damage 15; 30 pts
Super-Breath: Cone Area Move Object 10 (Extra: Area Cone [60 ft], Flaw: Range [Close], Limited Direction [towards or away]); 1 pt
Freezing Breath: Cone Area Affliction 8 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Hindered, 2nd: Immobilized, 3rd: Paralyzed; Extra: Area Cone [60 ft], Cumulative); 1 pt
Super Senses: Senses 17 (Normal Hearing [Acute and Extended 3], Normal Vision [Extended 3], Infravision [Extended], Microscopic Vision 4, Ultra-Hearing [Extended], Vision Penetrates Concealment [Extended, Flaw: Cannot see through lead]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(30ep)
Justice League Communicard: Senses 2 (Communication Link [Radio, Justice League Members), GPS, Feature 1 (Watchtower/Avengers Mansion Access), Benefit 1 (Justice League Status); 5ep
Headquarters:
(25ep)
Fortress of Solitude: Size – Huge, Tough – 20, Features 15 (Communications, Computer, Concealed 3, Defense System, Hanger, Holding Cells, Infirmary, Isolated, Laboratory, Library, Living Space, Power System, Security System); 25ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2 (+22 with Super Speed)
Close Attack +8
Unarmed +11 [Unarmed +19]
Ranged Attack +5
Heat Vision +11 [Heat Vision +15]
Special Attack [Super Breath +10, Cone Area; Freezing Breath +10, Cone Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +18 (+9 Impervious), Fortitude +16, Will +14 (Ultimate Effort)

COMPLICATIONS:
Identity: Clark Kent, mild-mannered reporter for the
Daily Planet
Power Loss: Superman loses his powers and his Str and Sta are reduced to 3 under a red sun, like that of Krypton, and other effects draining or interfering with the energies of the yellow sun can deprive him of his powers
Relationships: Superman’s closest relationship is with his wife, Lois Lane. Other important people in his life include his mother, Martha Kent, and friends and co-workers Jimmy Olsen, Perry White, and Catherine “Cat” Grant
Responsibility: Superman feels a strong sense of responsibility to use his powers for the benefit of all
Vulnerable: Superman is as vulnerable to magic as anyone else. His Toughness is not Impervious against magical attacks and he loses his 3 ranks of Protection
Weakness: Kryptonite...Its radiation saps the Strength and powers of Kryptonians, leaving them impaired, disabled, and eventually debilitated in terms of Strength and power effects. Long-term exposure (usually a matter of minutes, less for a large enough amount) imposes the dying condition and may lead to death

Abilities 116 + Skills 22 (44 ranks) + Advantages 27 + Powers 108 + Defenses 22 = 295 / 295

Comments: Made my own Superman for usage in the Thorpacoverse. I mean, really, how could they leave off Super Breath?

Clean Up 3/5/12: Clean ups to Clark as I continue my thread review.

Clean Up 4/2/12: Another clean up as I fixed a couple of math mistakes and added some Luck from the new power profile on said power.

Clean Up 11/25/12: Just some slight tweaks to Clark to bring him in line with my "younger" versions of him.
And for now, the last of the Superman builds through the Thorpacoverse, his Year 10 or current '"iconic" version for my Earth-217 setting. He's at his prime, PL15 full-on DCA compatible-ish, self. As I noted in my Thorpacoverse rant, I'm not putting anything like Year 10 on builds like this because Clark here, and my other core builds are built with a Year 10, "iconic" structure in mind.

I'm going to drop a few more miscellaneous builds, then I'm going to do some similar stuff with Spidey and Batman, among others.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: J-Mart: Thorpacoverse - Superman Years 0,1,3,5,10

Post by Jabroniville » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:37 am

All this talk of Superman wang bulges and tights (I'm secure enough in my heterosexuality to post about "Wicked" and dongs, thank you very much :)) reminds me of this strip, that taught me about the "Junk Bra" a decade ago, so this stuff isn't actually news to me: http://somethingpositive.net/sp01212003.shtml

Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Batgirl III » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:05 am

The ironic thing is that given the acrobatics and athleticism of many male heroes, a dance belt would make sense... although I suspect a good, strong cup would be preceded. On the other hand, almost all women in comical wear costumes with "boob socks...
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.

Gilliam
Superhero
Superhero

Post by Gilliam » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:08 am

On the subject of boob socks

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Post by Thorpacolypse » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:04 pm

We've got a J-Mart Favorite item for our new Aisle 20!

The Operative: It's not my place to ask. I believe in something greater than myself. A better world. A world without sin.
Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: So me and mine gotta lay down and die... so you can live in your better world?
The Operative: I'm not going to live there. There's no place for me there... any more than there is for you. Malcolm... I'm a monster. What I do is evil. I have no illusions about it, but it must be done.

THE OPERATIVE
PL: 9 (133 pts) - OPL: 9 ; DPL: 9

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Acrobatics 5 (+9), Athletics 7 (+9), Close Combat [Swords] 1 (+13), Expertise [Military] 5 (+7), Expertise [Theology and Philosophy] 5 (+7), Insight 5 (+9), Intimidation 9 (+9), Investigation 6 (+8), Perception 5 (+9), Persuasion 5 (+5), Stealth 5 (+9), Technology 3 (+5), Vehicles 3 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (1) (No ID), Close Attack (2), Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (2), Fearless, Improved Critical (1) (Swords), Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative (1), Languages (1) (Arabic, 1 other, Base: English), Move-by Action, Ranged Attack (3), Takedown (1), Tracking

POWERS:
Paralyzing Strike: Affliction 6 (Resisted/Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Hindered, 2nd: Immobile, 3rd: Paralyzed); 6 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(10ep)
Uniform: Protection 1 (Extra: Subtle); 2ep
Commlink: Feature 1 (Radio Communication), Miniscule; 1ep
Arsenal: (5ep)
Katana: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 3, Critical 19-20, Medium; 4ep
Knife: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Critical 19-20, Small; 2ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8
Close Attack +12 [Unarmed +2; Paralyzing Strike Affliction +6]
Swords +13 [Swords +5, Critical 18-20]
Ranged Attack +7

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +6, Fortitude +7, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Honor: Despite his intentions he is a man of honor and will always keep his word
Motivation: To help create a better world…
Responsibility: To serve his employer(s)

Abilities 58 + Skills 32 (64 ranks) + Advantages 18 + Powers 6 + Defenses 19 = 133 / 133

Comments: Love Serenity, had a hard time getting info Firefly but I’ll give it another try the next marathon. Please don't shoot me... :shock:

In loving the movie I will get around to the main cast eventually as I did in 2E, but my favorite character from the movie, and one of my all-time favorite movie villains is The Operative. The nameless, ruthlessly efficient assassin was a great contrast to the emotional crew of Serenity and was a great example of the evil that really scares me in this world: people who are willing to go to any length and commit any evil act because they feel their cause is just. I’d rather deal with Joker type batcrap crazy any day than that…

Canon Operative would probably be more like PL7-ish, as he was a bad ass, but I wouldn't consider him a real threat to a major action movie hero like John McClane, some of Arnold’s characters or Dark Knight Batman. But in my setting I have a plan for him and he needs to be a little more dangerous in combat, so he’s at PL9 in the Thorpacoverse. As for his role…hopefully, you’ll see…
Shop J-Mart!

HustlerOne
Zealot
Zealot

Re: J-Mart: Thorpacoverse - Superman, The Operative

Post by HustlerOne » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:57 am

Hey, Its the operative! :) He was definitely an interesting villian and the highlight of the film. Too bad he just never questioned the awful things that were being asked of him to do. Then again you know what they say what the road to hell is paved with.

Oh by the way the Operative has his own cool spaceship assigned to people that don't exist.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: J-Mart: Thorpacoverse - Superman, The Operative

Post by Thorpacolypse » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:12 pm

HustlerOne wrote:Oh by the way the Operative has his own cool spaceship assigned to people that don't exist.
I'll add that when I do a "real" build of him, thanks for the reminder. He won't need that down here on Earth-217. :)
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:18 pm

We've got a couple of leftover items from our Game of Thrones line!

Lysa Arryn: You don't fight with honor!
Bronn (pointing to the knight he just killed): No...he did.

BRONN
PL: 7 (79 pts) - OPL: 7 ; DPL: 7

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE -1

SKILLS: Athletics 5 (+7), Deception (-1), Expertise [Mercenary] 7 (+7), Insight 3 (+5) [Assessment], Intimidation 9 (+8), Perception 2 (+4), Persuasion (-1), Stealth 3 (+5), Vehicles 3 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Assessment, Benefit (2) (Status – Commander of The City Watch), Defensive Attack, Equipment (2), Improved Initiative (1), Move-by Action, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (2), Takedown (1)

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(10ep
Studded Leather Armor: Protection 2; 2ep
Longsword: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 3, Critical 19-20; Medium; 4ep
Knife: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Critical 19-20, Small; 2ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +8 [Unarmed +2; Longsword +5, Critical 19-20; Knives +3, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +4

DEFENSES:
Dodge +9 [DC19] Parry +9 [DC19]
Toughness +5, Fortitude +7, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:
Motivation: Money
Responsibility: To protect Tyrion Lannister and fulfill his responsibilities as Commander of the City Watch. Unless he gets a better offer…

Abilities 36 + Skills 16 (32 ranks) + Advantages 12 + Powers 0 + Defenses 15 = 79 / 79

Comments: I almost had Bronn listed as Tyrion’s sidekick, but he really doesn’t meet the core book definition. But for purposes of this past season and how he is always around Tyrion when sh*t goes down, he almost qualifies in my book. Bronn is your old school sellsword merc who happens upon Tyrion in his travels back from The Wall. They hook up, Bronn saves his ass a few times, Tyrion tells him he will beat any other offer made to him and Bronn sticks around. After showing some serious badassery at the end of Season 1, he mainly serves as Tyrion’s threat of violence in Season 2, which is oftentimes as effective as the actual thing.

But trust me, it's no empty threat. So far, outside of Jaime and Ned, he's shown to be the best swordsman in the series. Of course it helps that he fights dirty, too. :wink:
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:24 pm

Our last item (for now) in our Games of Thrones line hits the shelves!

A dog doesn't need courage to chase off rats. - Sandor Clegane

THE HOUND (SANDOR CLEGANE)
PL: 7 (65 pts) - OPL: 7 ; DPL: 7

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 4, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 1, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE -2

SKILLS: Athletics (+4), Deception (-2), Insight 2 (+3), Intimidation 12 (+10), Perception 2 (+3), Persuasion (-2), Stealth (+1), Vehicles 2 (+4)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Benefit (1) (Status – Head of Kingsguard), Chokehold, Equipment (2), Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Interpose, Ranged Attack (2), Takedown (1), Tough* (1)

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(10ep
Chain Mail: Protection 3; 3ep
Bastard Sword: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 4, Critical 19-20, Flaw: Inaccurate with one hand, Medium; 4ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +1
Close Attack +6 [Unarmed +4; Bastard sword +8, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +4

DEFENSES:
Dodge +6 [DC16] Parry +6 [DC16]
Toughness +8, Fortitude +8, Will +4

COMPLICATIONS:
Honor: He lives by a code, granted it can be a vicious one, but a code nonetheless
Monstrous Appearance: Due to his facial scars, he has problems blending into normal society
Relationships: He seems to have a soft spot for Sansa Stark
Responsibility: To protect King Joffrey
Sibling Rivalry: His brother Gregor, was the one that caused his scarring by holding his face in a fire when he played with Gregor's toys without permission. Needless to say, they don't get along

Abilities 32 + Skills 9 (18 ranks) + Advantages 12 + Powers 0 + Defenses 12 = 65 / 65

Comments: The Hound is Joffrey’s bodyguard and head of the Kingsguard for most of Season 2. He is a huge, brutal fighter and follows Joffrey’s orders without question, but you can tell he has a soft side as well and he has gone out of his way to protect Sansa Stark so you can see a rift growing there as Joffrey has gotten more and more aggressive towards her. (Again, I still haven't finished the season, I have 3 left. I just don't want it to end... :( )

Clean Up 11/30/12: He's bumped to PL7 as per the recommendations of the J-Mart customers. Viva La Customer Experience!
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: J-Mart: The Operative, Bronn, The Hound

Post by Arthur Eld » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:43 pm

Maybe its because I'm more familiar with the books than the TV show, but Bronn being a higher PL than the Hound doesn't seem right to me. I think it should be the other way around, honestly. The Hound is consistently depicted as a big, quick, skilled badass who should probably be on tier with Jamie-slightly less skilled, but stronger.

Although, given the Hound's higher Toughness and Damage, he probably still could beat Bronn, even as currently built.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:04 pm

Arthur Eld wrote:Maybe its because I'm more familiar with the books than the TV show, but Bronn being a higher PL than the Hound doesn't seem right to me. I think it should be the other way around, honestly. The Hound is consistently depicted as a big, quick, skilled badass who should probably be on tier with Jamie-slightly less skilled, but stronger.

Although, given the Hound's higher Toughness and Damage, he probably still could beat Bronn, even as currently built.
That was kind of my thinking. Bronn is shiftier and quicker, but if Sandor hit him, it's lights out. Plus, with no Power Attack, Bronn would have to get some good rolls to really hurt The Hound. And The Hound's All-Out would give him a good chance at a quick kill shot. I can see taking The Hound up to 7, though, and I might.
Shop J-Mart!

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Post by Gazman » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:10 pm

I agree with absolutely everything Arthur Eld said. With the additional comment that the Cleganes are f*****g scary people.

Saltcrow
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Saltcrow » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:50 am

dem Cleganes be monstaz man... I'd put the Hound at PL 7 and his brother at PL... hmm, 8-ish myself. Brienne, Robert Baratheon in his prime and Barristan Selmy are the only other few that would ever hit that PL imo. Well, in terms of combat prowess anyways.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:03 pm

Saltcrow wrote:dem Cleganes be monstaz man... I'd put the Hound at PL 7 and his brother at PL... hmm, 8-ish myself. Brienne, Robert Baratheon in his prime and Barristan Selmy are the only other few that would ever hit that PL imo. Well, in terms of combat prowess anyways.
The customers have spoke and J-Mart is all about the customers. PL7 he becomes.

I haven't seen Brienne in action yet, really, but I think Jaime and Ned are in that realm, too. Again, I haven't read the books, I'm just working off the series. And I'm 3 1/2 behind in THAT. :wink:
Thorpacolypse wrote:Our last item (for now) in our Games of Thrones line hits the shelves!

A dog doesn't need courage to chase off rats. - Sandor Clegane

THE HOUND (SANDOR CLEGANE)
PL: 7 (65 pts) - OPL: 7 ; DPL: 7

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 4, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 1, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE -2

SKILLS: Athletics (+4), Deception (-2), Insight 2 (+3), Intimidation 12 (+10), Perception 2 (+3), Persuasion (-2), Stealth (+1), Vehicles 2 (+4)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Benefit (1) (Status – Head of Kingsguard), Chokehold, Equipment (2), Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Interpose, Ranged Attack (2), Takedown (1), Tough* (1)

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(10ep
Chain Mail: Protection 3; 3ep
Bastard Sword: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 4, Critical 19-20, Flaw: Inaccurate with one hand, Medium; 4ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +1
Close Attack +6 [Unarmed +4; Bastard sword +8, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +4

DEFENSES:
Dodge +6 [DC16] Parry +6 [DC16]
Toughness +8, Fortitude +8, Will +4

COMPLICATIONS:
Honor: He lives by a code, granted it can be a vicious one, but a code nonetheless
Monstrous Appearance: Due to his facial scars, he has problems blending into normal society
Relationships: He seems to have a soft spot for Sansa Stark
Responsibility: To protect King Joffrey
Sibling Rivalry: His brother Gregor, was the one that caused his scarring by holding his face in a fire when he played with Gregor's toys without permission. Needless to say, they don't get along

Abilities 32 + Skills 9 (18 ranks) + Advantages 12 + Powers 0 + Defenses 12 = 65 / 65

Comments: The Hound is Joffrey’s bodyguard and head of the Kingsguard for most of Season 2. He is a huge, brutal fighter and follows Joffrey’s orders without question, but you can tell he has a soft side as well and he has gone out of his way to protect Sansa Stark so you can see a rift growing there as Joffrey has gotten more and more aggressive towards her. (Again, I still haven't finished the season, I have 3 left. I just don't want it to end... :( )

Clean Up 11/30/12: He's bumped to PL7 as per the recommendations of the J-Mart customers. Viva La Customer Experience!
Shop J-Mart!

Saltcrow
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Saltcrow » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:14 am

Oh yeah, I knew you already had Ned and Jaime at PL 8 so what I said was more for "in addition" fanboy schtuff. Also, you gotta love Brienne. She's like Barristan Selmy but younger (in that she's not so world-savvy) and womanly. I immensely enjoyed her chapters in the books and I think the TV show does do her justice.