J-Mart: Preparing for Relocation... :)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Re: J-Mart: Trickshot, The Mandarin, Exodus, Vulcan

Post by Batgirl III » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:43 am

I really enjoyed Young Avengers, up until the last four pages of Children's Crusade... Spoiler: when they killed off Stature (my favorite) and then LEFT HER BODY ON THE GROUND FOR FOUR PAGES while Speed, Wiccan, Scarlet Witch, and Quicksilver have a chit-chat. Look, I get that this is a family reunion hard-won and long-coming... But, jesus, the body of one of your closest freinds/a young girl is some ten feet away from you with her father crying over it. Holy hell, Magneto is clearly not the only sociopath in this family. End Spoiler

But, I liked Children's Crusade well enough to try to give Marvel another shot... with the big "Marvel NOW!" refocusing being pushed, I decide to sink the $75(!!!) MSRP into Avengers vs. X-Men, as I was told it was the basic launch point for the new "NOW!" push. Allow me to quote myself, from off site, as I paraphrased Roger Ebert’s infamous review of North:
Batgirl III wrote:I hated this comic. Hated hated hated hated hated this comic. Hated it. Hated every simpering stupid vacant audience-insulting panel of it. Hated the sensibility that thought anyone would like it. Hated the implied insult to the readers by its belief that anyone could be entertained by it.
Look, it’s not like DC has been perfect. The New 52 reboot was, in my opinion, using a bazooka for a fly swatter… Some of the rebooted titles have been hits, many have been misses. But, lord, at least DC gets the idea that I want to read superhero comic books about superheroes. Marvel seems more interesting in fighting video game logic and manhood measuring contests between its “heroes.” This might explain why the Forward to Avengers vs. X-Men was written by a professional wrestler. (Really Marvel? A pro wrestler!?)

The idea of long-time allies coming into conflict because each has an equally strongly held, but conflicting, goal is a powerful one. Tales of “brother turning against brother” abound in all forms of story-telling, but Avengers vs. X-Men only gave this about four panels worth of attention in 200+ pages. Hafta get back to the wrasslin match as soon as possible, forget all that borin’ talking, and touchy feely crap. Emotions is fer girls. I mean, sure, it’s a giant cross-over comic book, the main draw is going to be watching these two teams fight. It’s not going to be The Blue and the Gray, but I wasn’t expecting it to have less emotional impact than Contest of Champions… and to follow this up, apparently, the next big thing for Marvel is ripping off Battle Royale with its “heroes” murdering one another. Because, yes, that's what I want in my escapist fiction. :roll:

Over in my thread, I preface my background for Doctor Marvel with a quote from Frank Miller.... You know the "All women are whores," "Goddamn Batman," utterly insane guy? That Frank Miller. He once said this:
Frank Miller wrote:"The fundament of a superhero is the guy in tights saving innocent people from bad things. It's amazing how infrequently that seems to happen in superhero comics these days."
When Frank Miller understand the fundamentals of a superhero story better than the creative staff behind the Avengers or Spider-Man, something is seriously rotten in the House of Ideas.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.

saint_matthew
Overlord
Overlord

Post by saint_matthew » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:51 am

Batgirl III wrote:Look, it’s not like DC has been perfect. The New 52 reboot was, in my opinion, using a bazooka for a fly swatter… Some of the rebooted titles have been hits, many have been misses.
An most of the ones that hit, did not require a reboot at all. There was literally no reason to reboot the universe to get Animal Man & Aquaman to work. You could have told almost those exact stories without the reboot & not changed a darn thing.
Batgirl III wrote:But, lord, at least DC gets the idea that I want to read superhero comic books about superheroes.
Not in those first few months they didn't. There wasn't a single superhero to be seen, for a good 4 months... An by the time they brought them in, i was long gone.
Batgirl III wrote:Marvel seems more interesting in fighting video game logic and manhood measuring contests between its “heroes.” This might explain why the Forward to Avengers vs. X-Men was written by a professional wrestler. (Really Marvel? A pro wrestler!?)
REALLY? Seriously? You've got to be pulling my leg here. :lol:
Batgirl III wrote:
Frank Miller wrote:"The fundament of a superhero is the guy in tights saving innocent people from bad things. It's amazing how infrequently that seems to happen in superhero comics these days."
When Frank Miller understand the fundamentals of a superhero story better than the creative staff behind the Avengers or Spider-Man, something is seriously rotten in the House of Ideas.
LOL. Frank Millar just "pwned" both Marvel & DC in there entirety.... Frank-i-can't-write-a-female-character-unless-she's-a-prostitute-Millar just shamed both companies... Thats got to be awkward.

EDIT: I Swear we could fix both Marvel & DC if they would just hire the two of us as consultants.
“Anti-Intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge’.”
-Isaac Asimov

Narsil
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Narsil » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:10 am

Batgirl III has just adequately summed up why my latest builds are all from fantasy novels rather than superhero comics.
Narsil 2e
Narsil 3e

'Oil, an emergency? About time the people who run this planet of yours realize that to be dependent upon a mineral slime just doesn't make sense.'
-The Fourth Doctor, Terror of the Zygons

Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Batgirl III » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:29 am

saint_matthew wrote:
Batgirl III wrote:Look, it’s not like DC has been perfect. The New 52 reboot was, in my opinion, using a bazooka for a fly swatter… Some of the rebooted titles have been hits, many have been misses.
An most of the ones that hit, did not require a reboot at all. There was literally no reason to reboot the universe to get Animal Man & Aquaman to work. You could have told almost those exact stories without the reboot & not changed a darn thing.
A few of the titles (LSH, the Wildstorm tie-ins) all benefited from the "new universe" approach, but most of the others it was just uneeded (does ANYONE on the planet not know Superman's background?), or it appears not to have happened at all (the only changes in the Bat Family are that Catwoman doesn't know Bruce's identity and Barbara is back. That's it.)
Batgirl III wrote:But, lord, at least DC gets the idea that I want to read superhero comic books about superheroes.
Not in those first few months they didn't. There wasn't a single superhero to be seen, for a good 4 months... An by the time they brought them in, i was long gone. [/quote]

My stacks of Legion Lost, Batgirl, Batman, and Superman would beg to differ onthat front. Especially in the case of Batgirl, who was heroing it up in classic style from page one, rescusng people from burning buildings and fighting crime. Guess which New 52 book I read first, go on, guess... :wink:

saint_matthew
Overlord
Overlord

Post by saint_matthew » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:45 am

Batgirl III wrote:(the only changes in the Bat Family are that Catwoman doesn't know Bruce's identity and Barbara is back. That's it.)
Not quite: Tim Drake was apparently never Robin, Stephanie just doesn't exist & theres a couple of other small things, most of which were complete "right, i'm out of here" moments for me, or would have been if i hadn't already been out.
Batgirl III wrote:My stacks of Legion Lost, Batgirl, Batman, and Superman would beg to differ onthat front. Especially in the case of Batgirl, who was heroing it up in classic style from page one, rescusng people from burning buildings and fighting crime. Guess which New 52 book I read first, go on, guess... :wink:
Was it Demon Knights? It was wasn't it. :lol:

But seriously, even Legion Lost wasn't really doing the super hero thing to start with. It took them a few issues to really get into it. An frankly i was already put off by the loss of my prefered legions (reboot legion first, followed along way back by the threeboot version). But at least they were trying something. Marvels team on the other hands don't really exist.... Look at how many marvel books are put out in any month: Four. Oh sure they put out many more, but they all seem to be a part of the parent books of Avengers/X-Men/Spiderman/Fantastic Four.

One of Marvels biggest problems is a serious need to diversify there lines & to move out of NYC. Look at the amount of DC teams, preboot: They had dozens. All scattered around the globe, all doing super hero things.
“Anti-Intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge’.”
-Isaac Asimov

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Post by Thorpacolypse » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:35 pm

I'd really love to argue some of your points, Saint Matthew and BGIII, but I can't in good conscience. Maybe just to be a douche, I might later... :wink:

I still get a lot of comics each month from the big two, but I feel myself trimming that list, or at least making a lot changes. I was really, REALLY disappointed in AvX and I totally agree with displeasure at the direction the Marvel U is going overall. However, even though I still don't like where they're taking Cyclops, I really liked the short series AvX: Consequences. I liked Avengers Academy, but of course it's cancelled, the hijacking of the Avengers books by the countless crossovers really ruined the return of Cap. Amazing Spider-Man has been fun for the past couple of years, but I don't like the way it's ending, Still, as usual, I remain the optimist that things will return to form.

Nothing to be said about the DC stuff that hasn't been said. I've said it before that the stuff that is working now was working before (Scott Snyder is GOD and Geoff Johns, while being a bit inconsistent lately, has ruled and will marry Gail Simone someday, you'll see) and a lot of the new stuff could have been fixed without blowing up all the continuity. Lee is scaring me with his thinly veiled attempt to Wildstorm-up the DCnU, though, and there's still a lot of subpar stuff every month.

I've started picking up more Image, Dark Horse and other independent stuff that is definitely more about superheroics than the main publisher stuff. Or if it's deconstruction, it's at least creative deconstruction. Invincible can be a bloody mess visually sometimes, but in the end, he has teenager problems, flies around, fights monsters and supervillains and tries to save the Earth. That's what Marvel has been missing in all it's "hey, let's take some more shots at society" stuff. Social commentary is great, and needed, but geez, we get it: the world is f'd up beyond repair, the government is corrupt, prejudice ain't going away but maybe try to show us a world that's not. That's generally why we read comics in the first place, to get away from the f'd up world.

Good guys fight bad guys, bad guy tries to hurt people, good guy saves them, good guy uses powers far beyond those of mortal men to do it, good guy beats up bad guy, bad guy goes to jail to return and try it all again. Simple formula, worked for 80 years. Still works. They should remember that.

Dang it, you got me monologing! Enough of that! Back to the builds, and it's one that keeps my faith in comics...
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Post by Thorpacolypse » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:50 pm

Moving on from our sea of righteous comic indignation, it's time for a comic character that embodies all that is good about comics. This J-Mart Favorite is our first MONKEY SEE, MONKEY KICK IT'S ASS SPECIAL!

Fighter...

Playa...

Simian...

I rest my case.

HIT MONKEY
PL: 10 (150 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 7, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT -1, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE -1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 8 (+15) [Agile Feint], Athletics 6 (+7/+13), Close Combat [Unarmed] 5 (+15), Deception (-1), Expertise [Survival] 6 (+5), Insight 5 (+8), Intimidation (-1), Investigation 6 (+5), Perception 6 (+9), Persuasion (-1), Ranged Combat [Guns] 8 (+15), Sleight of Hand 5 (+10), Stealth 6 (+13), Treatment 3 (+2)

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, Animal Empathy, Benefit (1) (Ambidexterity), Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (3), Equipment (5), Evasion (1), Improved Critical (2) (Guns, Unarmed), Improved Initiative (1), Instant Up, Luck (Improve Roll) (1), Move-by Action, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (2), Takedown (1), Tracking, Uncanny Dodge

POWERS:
Simian Physique: Leaping 1 (15 ft), Speed 2 (4 [2] mph), Enhanced Skills 3 (Athletics 6 ranks, Flaw: Limited to Climb checks), Senses 4 (Scent [Acute, Ranged, Extended], Low Light Vision), Features 1 (Prehensile Feet); 10 pts
Macaque Size: Shrinking 4 (-1 Str, +2 Dodge/Parry, +4 Stealth, -2 Intimidation, Speed -1, -1 Mass, Extra: Innate); 9 pts
Snow Monkey: Immunity 1 (Cold); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(25ep)
Twin Heavy Machine Pistols: Ballistic Ranged Damage 4, Extra: Multiattack, Split; 25ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +11
Close Attack +10
Unarmed +15 [Unarmed +1, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +7
Guns +15 [Twin Machine Pistols +4, Critical 19-20, Multiattack]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +15 [DC25] Parry +15 [DC25]
Toughness +5, Fortitude +8, Will +6

COMPLICATIONS:
Disability: Hit Monkey cannot speak human languages
Motivation: Killing all assassins as revenge for the murder of his tribe by assassins
Rivalry: It just seems like he doesn’t like Deadpool, even amongst all the other assassins he's gone after…

Abilities 54 + Skills 32 (64 ranks) + Advantages 26 + Powers 20 + Defenses 18 = 150 / 150

Comments: One of Marvel’s best tongue-in-check characters of the past few years, the epic Hit-Monkey. He started off as a one shot fun comic and then he became a recurring nemesis of Deadpool. He’s been so popular that not only has he rumbled with the Merc with Mouth a few times now, he’s even getting his own segment in the upcoming Deadpool video game that’s coming out next year. I can’t wait!

For his back story, I will sum up that he was part of a tribe of Japanese Macaque monkeys that helped out an injured assassin. Before they could get him on his way, other assassins came and killed the assassin and the whole tribe with Hit Monkey as the only survivor. He took out the assassins and became the assassin hunter known as Hit Monkey, a boogeyman that boogeymen fear. He eventually decided to go after Deadpool and hilarity ensued. Neither owns a clean victory over the other so I almost decided to go PL11 for Hit Monkey, but come on…you just can’t. He’s perfect PL10/150, meeting caps on defense and just shy on offense. But he can be almost impossible to hit, harder to outsmart than you would think and a goon-sweeping machine. Just a fun build all around.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:58 pm

Let's drop another fun build for our Marvel with new addition to our Cosmic Thorpacoverse Line!

Star-Lord: You know how you say nothing good came from Earth...
Rocket Raccoon: Except the Egg McMuffin.
Star-Lord: And me.
Rocket Raccoon: I know what I said, Quill.

ROCKET RACCOON
PL: 10 (150 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 0, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 3 (+8), Athletics 6 (+6), Deception 7 (+9) [Taunt], Expertise [Tactics] 13 (+15), Insight 5 (+7), Intimidation (+2), Perception 6 (+8), Persuasion (+2), Ranged Combat [Guns] 4 (+12), Stealth 3 (+8/+12), Technology 8 (+10), Vehicles 7 (+11)

ADVANTAGES: Animal Empathy, Defensive Roll (3), Equipment (8), Evasion (1), Improved Aim, Improved Initiative (1), Luck (Improve Roll) (2), Move-by Action, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (4), Set-Up (1), Takedown (1), Taunt, Teamwork

POWERS:
Space Raccoon: Speed 2 (4 [8] mph), Senses 5 (Low Light Vision, Scent [Acute, Ranged], Tactile [Acute], Ultra-Hearing); 7 pts
Claws: Slashing Strength-based Damage 1 (Extra: Split); 2 pts
Raccoon Size: Shrinking 4 (-1 Str, +2 Dodge/Parry, +4 Stealth, -2 Intimidation, Speed -1, -1 Mass; Extra: Innate); 9 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(35 pts)
Blaster Pistol: Ranged Energy Damage 5; 10 pts
Arsenal: 25 pts
Blaster Assault Rifle: Ranged Multiattack Energy Damage 8; 24 pts
Twin Auto Blasters: Ranged Multiattack Energy Damage 4, Split, Inaccurate; 1 pt

OFFENSE:
Initiative +9
Close Attack +8 [Unarmed +0; Claws +1]
Ranged Attack +8
Guns +12 [Blaster Pistol +5; Blaster Rifle +8, Multiattack]
Twin Auto Blasters +10 [Twin Autoblasters +4, Multiattack]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +15 [DC25] Parry +13 [DC23]
Toughness +5 (+2 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +6, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Blabbermouth: Sometimes, Rocket just doesn't know when to stop talking
Relationships: He is close to his Guardians of the Galaxy teammates, especially Star-Lord and Groot
Responsibility: To protect the universe as a member of the Guardians of the Galaxy
Underestimated: People underestimate the talking raccoon at their own peril…but it happens a lot

Abilities 56 + Skills 31 (62 ranks) + Advantages 26 + Powers 17 + Defenses 20 = 150 / 150

Build Comments: Since we’re throwing around anthropomorphic Marvel characters, I figured it was time for a little Rocket Raccoon. Rocket was pretty much a joke in the Marvel U for a while, but when he turned up in the Cosmic Marvel scene around Annihilation: Conquest, he was reinvented as a wise-cracking, smarter-than-he-looked, ass-kickin’, big-ass-gun wielding talking raccoon. And it worked!

Rocket is a great goon-sweeper and team player, being a gifted tactician and having his big ass guns to take down scores of mooks. Rocket and Groot have a great bromance going, too.

Secret Origins: Rocket Raccoon was the "Guardian of the Keystone Quadrant", an area of outer space sealed off from the rest of the cosmos by the so-called Galacian Wall. Rocket was captain of the starship Rack 'n' Ruin, and he and his first mate Wal Russ (a talking walrus) came from the planet Halfworld in the Keystone Quadrant. Halfworld is an abandoned colony for the mentally ill where the animal companions were genetically manipulated to grant them human level intelligence and bipedal body construction for many to become caretakers of the inmates. Rocket was Halfworld's chief law officer ("ranger") who protected the colony against various threats.

The Story so Far: At one point, Judson Jakes tried to steal the Halfworld Bible, but was thwarted by Rocket and the Hulk. Later, Lord Dyvyne abducted Rocket's friend Lylla, and Jakes began the Toy War. As the Toy War continued, Blackjack O'Hare teamed up with Rocket, and Rocket was reunited with Lylla. The Rack 'n' Ruin was soon destroyed, as Judson Jakes and Lord Dyvyne teamed up to kill Rocket Raccoon. Rocket Raccoon and his friends cured the Loonies of their mental illnesses, as Judson Jakes and Lord Dyvyne were apparently killed. Rocket and the animals as well as the robots left Halfworld and took off into space for their own adventures. Some time later, Rocket was revealed to have been a laboratory subject on the Stranger's planet, and escaped his captivity there.

Rocket Raccoon resurfaced as a member of the team chosen to accompany Star-Lord on his mission to stop a Phalanx infiltration of the Kree homeworld. Rocket is depicted as a gifted military tactician who is also fearless, loyal, and insightful. It is also heavily implied that he has a case of obsessive compulsive disorder.[Rocket's trademark rocket skates are absent.

Rocket joins the new Guardians of the Galaxy at the behest of his friend Star-Lord. It is he who suggests that the team adopt that moniker after hearing it mentioned by Major Victory. Later on, when the team almost disbands and Peter Quill disappears (sent into the Negative Zone by Ronan), Rocket keeps the team alive, and brings in Groot as member, as the two had become great friends. Rocket takes over as leader until they rescue Peter, and saved the Earth from an alien invasion.

When the team tries to halt the growing War of Kings, Rocket decides to lead the portion of the team assigned to make contact with the Shi'ar. However, they are unable to teleport into the Emperor Vulcan's flagship and have to be rescued by the Starjammers and Rocket's old friend Ch'od. They are able to bring back the rightful queen of the Shi'ar, but she is killed after Rocket departs, much to his horror.

After the Guardians disband, Rocket Raccoon takes up a normal job with Timely Inc. He and Groot were reunited and tricked into returning to Halfworld: here, he found out his memories of the place were mostly half-truths and deliberately crafted fake memories. In reality, Jakes and Blackjack O'Hare had worked with Rocket in providing security at Halfworld Asylum for the Criminally Insane; Doctor Dyvyne had been Head of Psychology there; and both the anthropomorphic animals and the automaton clowns were deliberately created to work at the asylum, as their appearance would calm the inmates. The crises that Rocket half-remembered had been caused by the psychic supervillain the Star Thief, who had been admitted as an inmate and used his psychic powers to turn the inhabitants against each other. Rocket had turned the warders into a biological "key" to keep Star-Thief locked up, and deliberately altered his mind and left Halfworld so it could never be opened - but he was tricked into returning by the Thief, whose mind had escaped into the asylum after his host body died. Rocket, with his friends’ help, ended up eliminating the threat and returned to the reformed Guardians of the Galaxy.

Characterization: Rocket is a wisecracking raccoon that has a surprising skill for tactics and marksmanship. His innovation has saved the team on many occasions.

Friends and Foes: He is good friends with Star Lord and his current and former Guardians teammates, but he is closest to Groot. He seems to have figured out Groot’s language, translating for him on many occasions.

It’s not known why, but he seems to have run afoul of Lobo in the past and The Main Man seems to want to frag him.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:02 pm

Well, I'm going to back Thorp here. Sure, many, if not all the good stories were not told in recent memory, but there are still fun comics and decent comic writers out there. Like everyone here, I find myself dropping many books from the big two from my pick list, but I add almost as many as I drop. Sure, it might X-O Manowar instead of Iron Man, or something from the Dynamite imprint instead of DC, but you go where the fun stories are being written.

Now, since this thread is more about Thorp giving us the benefit of his building genius, I say let's allow him to get back to it.

Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Re: J-Mart: Exodus, Vulcan, Hit-Monkey, Rocket Raccoon

Post by Batgirl III » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:12 pm

Hit Monkey... Rocket Raccoon... It's Antropomorphic Marvel Week at J-Mart?

RANDAL! I need a full-pallet of Peter Porker: Spider-Ham. All the trimmings: Peter Porker, Mary Jane Waterbuffalo, Kay-Mar the Sub-Merchandizer, Captain Americat, Iron Mouse. The whole menagarie. Oh, and what the heck, toss in a box of Howard the Duck too... you can have `em delivered to the `Cave.

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:33 pm

I see your Peter Porker and raise you a Captain Carrot and the Amazing Zoo Crew and the Just Alotta Animals. :D

What the heck, throw in Angel and the Ape while we're at it. 8)

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Post by Gazman » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:57 pm

Hooray for funny animals with guns! Nice work, Thorp.

Earth-Two_Kenn
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Earth-Two_Kenn » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:04 pm

saint_matthew wrote:
Not in those first few months they didn't. There wasn't a single superhero to be seen, for a good 4 months... An by the time they brought them in, i was long gone.
DC publishes super heroes? I thought they gave that up in favour of costumed d-bags, seeing how they decided to go imitate Marvel and Marvel's been doing costumed d-bags for ages.

I'm picking up the "New Crusaders" from Archie, just so I can actually still read new super hero comic books.
Over eleven hundred DCA/M&M Character builds at http://www.rcuhero.net

saint_matthew
Overlord
Overlord

Post by saint_matthew » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:23 pm

Earth-Two_Kenn wrote:I'm picking up the "New Crusaders" from Archie, just so I can actually still read new super hero comic books.
I'll see your New Crusaders & raise you the 1980's series of All-Star Squardon. An now i'm waiting on some more trades, including Static Shock: Rebirth of Cool & JSA presents Star & ST.R.I.P.E.

Yay for christmas & buying presents for yourself. Only way to ensure you get the presents you want.
-Isaac Asimov

Earth-Two_Kenn
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Earth-Two_Kenn » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:27 am

saint_matthew wrote:
Earth-Two_Kenn wrote:I'm picking up the "New Crusaders" from Archie, just so I can actually still read new super hero comic books.
I'll see your New Crusaders & raise you the 1980's series of All-Star Squardon. An now i'm waiting on some more trades, including Static Shock: Rebirth of Cool & JSA presents Star & ST.R.I.P.E.

Yay for christmas & buying presents for yourself. Only way to ensure you get the presents you want.
Oh, the All-Star Squadron was great. At least the first 50 issues. After the Crisis began, Roy went into Damage Control mode and you can tell. I just don't consider them new comics since I was buying them new when they were new. I don't call myself Earth-Two Kenn for nothing.
Over eleven hundred DCA/M&M Character builds at http://www.rcuhero.net