J-Mart: Preparing for Relocation... :)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Re: J-Mart: Ravenous, Drax, COSMIC LADIES' NIGHT!

Postby Batgirl III » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:47 am

And this is why I don't read much of the cosmic stuff from any publisher but once in a blue-moon. :roll:

It's so much easier to deal with guys and gals in tights jumping off rooftops, throwing boomerangs, and beating up mafia bosses.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:08 am

Batgirl III wrote:And this is why I don't read much of the cosmic stuff from any publisher but once in a blue-moon. :roll:

It's so much easier to deal with guys and gals in tights jumping off rooftops, throwing boomerangs, and beating up mafia bosses.

Certainly understandable, especially when you get into Galactus/Celestial/Anti-Monitor type stuff. Determining PL for many characters we try to stat is difficult enough. Dealing with characters that eat planets and then lose in fight to a chick with a horde of squirrels can be maddening. :wink:

Still, something about the Adam Warlock/Star-Lord/Nova and Green Lantern settings just brings back my sense of comic wonder from time to time so it's great escapism. Continuity and statting issues aside, watching Galactus wipe out all imaginary life in a whole star system because he's pissed can make you forget about the mall and school shooter real-life monsters for at least a little while, and that's what comics have always been about.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

JetstreamGW
Daredevil
Daredevil

Re: J-Mart: Exodus, Vulcan, Hit-Monkey, Rocket Raccoon

Postby JetstreamGW » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:41 am

Batgirl III wrote:Hit Monkey... Rocket Raccoon... It's Antropomorphic Marvel Week at J-Mart?

RANDAL! I need a full-pallet of Peter Porker: Spider-Ham. All the trimmings: Peter Porker, Mary Jane Waterbuffalo, Kay-Mar the Sub-Merchandizer, Captain Americat, Iron Mouse. The whole menagarie. Oh, and what the heck, toss in a box of Howard the Duck too... you can have `em delivered to the `Cave.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:20 pm

COSMIC LADIES' NIGHT has a couple more entries before we wrap it up. Check out this new item for our Villains Line on Aisle 2!

Now...which organ shall I tear out first? How do you feel about your spleen? - Xenith

XENITH (STRONTIAN)
PL: 13 (237 pts) - OPL: 13 ; DPL: 13

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 15, STAMINA 13, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 4 (+7), Athletics 2 (+17), Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+11), Deception 5 (+6), Expertise [Soldier] 4 (+5), Insight (+2), Intimidation 7 (+8), Perception (+2), Persuasion (+1), Ranged Combat [Heat Vision] 5 (+10), Stealth (+3), Technology 4 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Fast Grab, Power Attack, Ranged Attack (3)

POWERS:
Invulnerability: Protection 3, Impervious 8, Immunity 10 (Life Support); 29 pts
Super Strength: Enhanced Strength 6 (50,000 Tons; Flaw: Limited to Lifting); 6 pts
Flight and Super-Speed: 31 pt Dynamic Array; 33 pts
Strontian Flight: Flight 13 (16,000 mph), Movement 2 (Space Travel 2) (Extra: Dynamic); 31 pts
Super Speed: Speed 13 (16,000 mph), Quickness 8 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts

Strontian Powers: 29 pt Dynamic Array; 33 pts
Heat Vision: Heat Ranged Damage 14 (Extra: Dynamic); 29 pts
Super-Breath: Cone Area Move Object 9 (Extra: Area Cone [60 ft], Dynamic, Flaw: Range [Close], Limited Direction [towards or away]); 2 pts
Super Senses: Senses 13 (Normal Hearing [Acute and Extended 2], Normal Vision [Extended 2], Microscopic Vision 4, Ultra-Hearing [Extended], Vision Penetrates Concealment [Extended, Flaw: Cannot see through lead]; Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +8
Unarmed +11 [Unarmed +15]
Ranged Attack +5
Heat Vision +10 [Heat Vision +14]
Special Attack [Super Breath +9, Area Cone]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +16 (+8 Impervious), Fortitude +14, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Mental Instability: She was once a member of the Imperial Guard but for some reason she commmitted treason and has personality has completely changed.
Power Loss: Her power level is based on her confidence. If it is shaken, she can lose ranks of, or completely lose her powers and her abilities can drop down to STR 2, STA 2, FGT 5.
Rivalry: Her cousin, Gladiator.

Abilities 90 + Skills 17 (34 ranks) + Advantages 7 + Powers 105 + Defenses 18 = 237 / 237

Comments: Xenith is Gladiator’s sister who was a member of the short-lived Star Masters team. She was in comics limbo for a good while until War of Kings until she was brought back to be the new Praetor for Vulcan’s Imperial Guard after he fell out with Gladiator. She was a bad ass in her short run, almost killing Ravenous with little trouble before he got bailed out by Nova. She hung with Gladiator for a good while but he ended up prevailing so PL13 felt about right. She’s close to him, but big brother is still the better Strontian.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:43 pm

This is our last item in our COSMIC LADIES' NIGHT before we had back to Earth!

A woman shows up and tells some of the most powerful men in the universe that she is taking over. Glad to see things work in space like they do on Earth.

IKON
PL: 13 (228 pts) - OPL: 13 ; DPL: 13

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 9, STAMINA 7, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 12, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Acrobatics 8 (+12) [Agile Feint], Athletics 3 (+12), Deception (+3), Expertise [Cosmic Lore] 8 (+10), Expertise [Military] 11 (+13), Insight 6 (+10) [Assessment, Combat Clarity], Intimidation 4 (+7), Perception 2 (+6), Persuasion (+3), Ranged Combat [Blast] 4 (+12), Stealth 1 (+5), Vehicles 1 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, Assessment, Benefit (1) (Status – Galadorian Spaceknight Military Rank), Close Attack (2), Combat Clarity* (1), Defensive Roll (3), Equipment (1), Favored Foe (Dire Wraiths), Improved Critical (1) (Unarmed), Improved Initiative (1), Leadership, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack (4), Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Galadorian Spaceknight Armor: 94 pts traits, Removable (-19 pts); 75 pts
Armor: Protection 2, Impervious 6; 14 pts
Spaceknight Enhancements: Enhanced Strength 7, Enhanced Stamina 4; 22 pts
Space Traveller: Movement 2 (Space Travel, Environmental Adaptation [Space]); 2 pts
Spaceknight Flight: Flight 11 (4000 mph); 22 pts
Self-Contained Environment: Immunity 10 (Life Support); 10 pts
Sensor Array: Variable 1 (5 pts traits, Flaw: Limited to senses); 6 pts
Communicators: Communication 4 (Radio, Worldwide); 16 pts

Galadorian Poleaxe: 25 pts traits, Easily Removable (-10 pts); 15 pts
Energy Blast: Ranged Damage 12; 24 pts
Poleaxe Strike: Slashing Strength-based Damage 3, Enhanced Advantages 3 (Improved Critical, Improved Disarm, Weapon Break) (Extra: Reach [5 ft], Penetrating 7); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(5ep)
Guardians of the Galaxy Communicator: Senses 1 (Communication Link, Radio [Guardians of the Galaxy]), Comprehend 2 (Speak, Understand All Languages); 5ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8
Close Attack +14 [Unarmed +9, Critical 19-20; Galadorian Poleaxe +12, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +8
Blast +12 [Poleaxe Blast +12]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +14 [DC24] Parry +14 [DC24]
Toughness +12 (+6 Impervious), Fortitude +12, Will +12

COMPLICATIONS:
Relationships: She has shown an attraction to Quasar
Responsibility: To the Spaceknights
Underestimated: As one of the few women Spaceknights, and only female Annihilator, she is sometimes underestimate. Bad idea…

Abilities 68 + Skills 24 (48 ranks) + Advantages 21 + Powers 90 + Defenses 25 = 228 / 228

Comments: I read some of Annihilators a while back and one of the new characters they introduced was Ikon, a female Spaceknight from Galador, home of Rom the Spaceknight. One of the crappiest kid’s toy/comic crossovers I can remember. I know someone will debate me, but that was my opinion when I was a kid and it sticks. Save your typing if you’re going to try to persuade me otherwise. :wink:

Anyway, since Marvel doesn’t own the rights to Rom anymore, they couldn’t mention him by name, but I guess they were able to keep the concepts that they developed so they’ve brought a few Spaceknights into the Marvel U from time to time just to make sure nobody forgets them. And they did a good job with Ikon, making her a fun “woman in a man’s world” type that really kicks ass and best of all, she had the hots for Quasar, which made from some fun sexual tension.
Shop J-Mart!

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Re: J-Mart: Moondragon, Mantis, Martyr, Xenith, Ikon

Postby Gazman » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:00 pm

Wow. PL 13 for the woman who classified herself as the weakest member of the team. Just shows what badasses the Annihilators are. Nice cosmic ladies run. Just waiting on those Spider-Ham builds. :P

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: J-Mart: Moondragon, Mantis, Martyr, Xenith, Ikon

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:18 pm

Gazman wrote:Wow. PL 13 for the woman who classified herself as the weakest member of the team. Just shows what badasses the Annihilators are. Nice cosmic ladies run. Just waiting on those Spider-Ham builds. :P

No kidding. I thought about PL12, but considering she did have most of them on the ropes in the initial standard "hero fight" (even though she had that new hero/villain stink at the time where they were trying to establish her as a competent member of the team), I figured she deserved it. She's not as tough or doesn't hit as hard as the others, she's just more accurate and has a higher defense to bring her up to Ronan PL13 level. He'd still take her most of the time as long as he has his Universal Weapon.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:53 pm

We're back to Earth again and still adding to our Villains Line! And this is new item for newest Green Ronin Aisle!

Get ready for some REAL hard time, punk...

WARDEN
PL: 10 (157 pts) - OPL: 9 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 4, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Athletics 4 (+7), Close Deception (+1), Expertise [Jailer] 11 (+15), Expertise [Psychology] 6 (+10), Expertise [Science] 7 (+11), Insight 8 (+11) [Assessment], Intimidation 7 (+8), Investigation 12 (+16), Perception 8 (+11), Persuasion (+1), Sleight of Hand 17 (+19) [Skill Mastery, Ultimate Effort], Stealth 7 (+10), Technology 15 (+19) [Inventor, Skill Mastery], Vehicles 6 (+8)

ADVANTAGES: Assessment, Chokehold, Close Attack (3), Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (3), Equipment (7), Favored Environment (Prisons), Improved Hold, Improved Initiative (1), Improved Trip, Improvised Tools, Inventor, Quick Draw, Seize Initiative, Skill Mastery (2) (Sleight of Hand, Technology), Ultimate Effort (1) (Ultimate Sleight of Hand)

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(30 pts)
Body Armor: Protection 2; 2 pts
Night Vision Goggles: Senses 1 (Darkvision, -2 Perception); 1 pt
Commlink: Feature 1 (Radio Communication); 1 pt
Tonfa, Medium: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 2; 2 pts
24 pts for EQ, HQ as needed

OFFENSE:
Initiative +7 (Seize Initiative)
Close Attack +13 [Unarmed +3; Tonfa +5]
Ranged Attack +2

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +8, Fortitude +7, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Obsession: HIS brand of justice
Revenge: He wants revenge on those that failed to see his genius

Abilities 58 + Skills 54 (108 ranks) + Advantages 26 + Powers 0 + Defenses 19 = 157 / 157

Comments: Warden here is my first Green Ronin conversion from 2E to 3E. I built him because he was one of my favorites from Freedom City, and I have a plan for him to build a trap or two for a couple of enterprising villains.

If you’re not familiar, John Warden is your basic “they don’t see my genius so they must pay” type villain. He was a former jailor who felt the system was too corrupt so he plans on taking out the criminal and the alleged heroes that stand in his way of dispensing his proper justice.

Secret Origins: John Warden used to believe in the criminal justice system and was proud to be a part of it. He developed the cutting-edge technology used by prisons like Blackgate to hold super-powered criminals and other threats to society. Nobody was better at designing prisons, but the problem didn’t lie in the technology or the system—it was the people behind it. John believed if the bureaucrats and the bleeding hearts would only let him do his job, there wouldn’t be any prison escapes. But they continued to hobble him with regulations, rules, and concerns about the “rights” of the prisoner that he felt they gave when they became criminals.

Warden became obsessed with creating the perfect prison, not for rehabilitation or even fair treatment, but solely for containment and even punishment of prisoners. He was dismissed following an investigation into his experimental technologies. It wasn’t long thereafter
that he realized where the real dangers to society lay—in the bureaucrats and even the so-called heroes who kept people like him from maintaining order. Warden donned a mask and used his devices to capture and imprison Gotham City’s mayor, the district attorney, and several
city judges before Batgirl and Nightwing tracked him down and put a stop to his “new system of justice.” Warden found himself, for the first time, on the other side of the bars.

The Story so Far: Within days, he was free, for what prison could really hold him, the
master jailer? He has clashed with the Bat-family, and even taken commissions from SHADOW, A.I.M and other villains to capture heroes, including a commission from SHADOW to imprison the entire Justice League, which he succeeded in doing briefly, until they were freed by The Atom. He sells work to clients in need of various sorts of traps (deadly and otherwise) while continuing to plot his revenge against the system that wronged him.

Characterization: Warden is a control freak of tremendous proportions. Two things
drive him: the challenge of creating the perfect trap to hold any target, and a desire for revenge.
He considers “the system” corrupt and soft. The real criminals are the people in charge and the “heroes” backing them. Warden wants to bring them down, to make them suffer as he as suffered. Once they’re out of the way, he’ll be able to institute “law and order” the way he envisions
it. Warden doesn’t consider himself a criminal; he’s a rebel against a corrupt system that’s afraid of him. The truth is Warden enjoys the challenge of creating his traps and the power of having others at his mercy.

Friends and Foes: He prefers to work alone but he will hire out assistance for certain jobs if he really needs it.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

saint_matthew
Overlord
Overlord

Postby saint_matthew » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:47 pm

Jabroniville wrote:And careful saint_matthew, you may have just justified how comic book companies have treated all their creative talent for years :). I just got a big book about the history of Marvel Comics, and it's pretty rad, and it talks a lot about that.

I'd be interested in knowing what that books called, so i too may read it. But purchasing the IP rights to characters isn't really a justification for past Marvel/DC stupidity. Its something both companies should do as a matter of course. Otherwise we get nonsense like the Image united universe, which is now technically home to Youngblood, Spawn, Savage Dragon, Shadowhawk, Witchblade, Cyberforce & all related properties.

End result is that Spawn exists in the same universe as Supreme, who exists in the same universe as Dynamo 5, which exist in the same universe as Wetworks, which was purchased by DC & now exists in the same universe as rebooted Superman.

Seriously, trying to plot this stuff out is like trying to unravel a cannister of silly string in a blender.

Creator owned & shared universes do not work well together as a default position.

But i would still like to read that book if you can get me the title.
“Anti-Intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge’.”
-Isaac Asimov

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: J-Mart: Moondragon, Mantis, Martyr, Xenith, Ikon, Warden

Postby Jabroniville » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:51 pm

Sorry- I was gonna go look at the cover and type it down with an Edit-job, but I got lazy and then forgot about it since it was all of thirty feet away in another room :). It's called "Marvel Comics- The Untold Story" by Sean Howe (linky review: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/18/books ... .html?_r=0). There's a ton of stuff in there from multiple sources, including stuff I've read online, like the bit where Dave Cockrum complains about how everyone at Marvel hated Mantis when Englehart wrote her- "It was all that 'this one' crap". Some funny bits about how all the nerdy Marvel writers crowded around one poor girl who had just started there because they knew nothing of women, and the confident, big-headed Steve Gerber strode up and led her away from them, and soon started dating her- she was the basis for Howard the Duck's girlfriend.

I agree with the Creator-Owned stuff, as there are SO many continuity issues that come up... but I'm past the stage in my nerdism that I care so much about continuity anymore. It's like I told Chris Claremont when he joked about how Professor X's history in the Korean war no longer makes sense, nor does Storm's existence in mid-60s Cairo- "you just kinda have to ignore that stuff when you read comics". I mean, try asking a comic book fan whether or not Thor can breathe in space, if Nova Roma was in fact a colony of legit Romans in Brazil, whether or not D-Level Ghost Rider foe The Enforcer was really killed by The Scourge of the Underworld, the history of Illyana Rasputin, or what the friggin' origin of goddamn Donna Troy is. I've learned to just accept that kind of dumbness, and find it part of the charm of our silly little hobby :).

saint_matthew
Overlord
Overlord

Re: J-Mart: Moondragon, Mantis, Martyr, Xenith, Ikon, Warden

Postby saint_matthew » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:15 pm

Jabroniville wrote:Sorry- I was gonna go look at the cover and type it down with an Edit-job, but I got lazy and then forgot about it since it was all of thirty feet away in another room :). It's called "Marvel Comics- The Untold Story" by Sean Howe. There's a ton of stuff in there from multiple sources, including stuff I've read online, like the bit where Dave Cockrum complains about how everyone at Marvel hated Mantis when Englehart wrote her- "It was all that 'this one' crap". Some funny bits about how all the nerdy Marvel writers crowded around one poor girl who had just started there because they knew nothing of women, and the confident, big-headed Steve Gerber strode up and led her away from them, and soon started dating her- she was the basis for Howard the Duck's girlfriend.

Oh, so its a dirty laundery book... I love those. Shame the State library doesn't have it, because it means its going to be a while till i can read it.

Jabroniville wrote:I agree with the Creator-Owned stuff, as there are SO many continuity issues that come up... but I'm past the stage in my nerdism that I care so much about continuity anymore. It's like I told Chris Claremont when he joked about how Professor X's history in the Korean war no longer makes sense, nor does Storm's existence in mid-60s Cairo- "you just kinda have to ignore that stuff when you read comics". I mean, try asking a comic book fan whether or not Thor can breathe in space, if Nova Roma was in fact a colony of legit Romans in Brazil, whether or not D-Level Ghost Rider foe The Enforcer was really killed by The Scourge of the Underworld, the history of Illyana Rasputin, or what the friggin' origin of goddamn Donna Troy is. I've learned to just accept that kind of dumbness, and find it part of the charm of our silly little hobby :).

I don't mind the "time she is a moving" style continuity errors... My dislike is when you are reading a Harry Potter novel & Darth Vader shows up. What is Darth Vader doing in the same universe as Harry Potter & does that mean that a universe far far away is just London? An when the writer moves on & takes his character with him, are we all supposed to forget that for a while Harry Potter was fighting Darth Vader, or that Darth Vader revealed that he was Harries father?
“Anti-Intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge’.”
-Isaac Asimov

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:29 pm

We've got a J-Mart Favorite item for our new Aisle 21!

You think he's bad, you should meet his sister, Theta. Or his other sister, Delta. Or his other brother, Sigma.

Stop, boss...just...stop

Sorry, Dante. Got carried away...

GAMMA, THE ATOM SMASHER
PL: 12 (193 pts) - OPL: 12 ; DPL: 12

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 14, STAMINA 8, AGILITY 1, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 0, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Athletics (+14), Close Combat [Unarmed] 4 (+10), Expertise [Physical Sciences] 2 (+3), Insight 3 (+3), Perception 5 (+5), Ranged Combat [Radiation Control] 6 (+10), Stealth (+1), Technology 2 (+3)

ADVANTAGES: Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Power Attack, Ranged Attack (2)

POWERS:
Mutant Physique: Protection 7, Impervious 7, Immunity 20 (Life Support, Radiation Effects); 41 pts
Radioactive Flight: Flight 10 (2000 mph/4 mpr); 20 pts
Radiation Sickness: Weaken Constitution 1 (Extra: Reaction [being touched], Progressive, Permanent, Flaw: Uncontrolled); 5 pts
Radiation Control: 24 pt Array; 25 pts
Radiation Blast: Ranged Radiation Damage 12; 24 pts
Radiation Burst: Burst Area Radiation Damage 12 (Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +1
Close Attack +6 [Radiation Sickness Weaken +1, Reaction]
Unarmed +10 [Unarmed +14]
Ranged Attack +4
Radiation Control +10 [Radiation Blast +12]
Special Attack [Radiation Burst +12, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 [DC18] Parry +9 [DC19]
Toughness +15 (+7 Impervious), Fortitude +12, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
Emotionally Stunted: Due to his isolation as a child, Adam is not very emotionally adjusted
Enemy: The Fantastic Four
Hatred: All scientists, because of his lack of understanding about why his father did what he did and his believed connection of The Fantastic Four to his father's death

Abilities 64 + Skills 11 (22 ranks) + Advantages 5 + Powers 91 + Defenses 22 = 193 / 193

Comments: Gamma is one of my favorite characters from the Freedom City book. The classic super powerful man with the emotional control of a child.

This was mostly a straight conversion, but I modified him a bit for my setting, changing his Strike to an Area Burst and pumping up his Immunity to include all radiation effects.

Secret Origins: Dr. Frank Ward was a brilliant nuclear physicist and research scientist who took too many risks in his pursuit of knowledge. Those risks came back to haunt him when his son Adam was born a mutant with severe mental retardation and a hard-radiation aura that resulted in his mother’s death. Dr, Ward kept his son in isolation, shielding everyone from Adam’s uncontrolled radiation bursts, and spent the next 16 years seeking a cure for his condition. His search became more urgent when Dr. Ward discovered he was dying of cancer, most likely from exposure to Adam’s radioactive emissions over the years, despite his best precautions.

The Story so Far: Ward developed an experimental treatment he believed would leech off Adam’s excess radioactivity and also grant him a measure of normalcy. Unfortunately, his plan required the theft of a large amount of radioactive material, which drew the attention of the Fantastic Four. Tracking the thefts, they discovered Dr. Ward’s secret laboratory and fought the mercenaries he hired. Damage to the lab forced Dr. Ward to make the final connections for his device manually. His last act was to place a device over his son’s unshielded head—only the second time in 16 years that he was able to touch his child directly. Ward collapsed near his son. Adam finally gained a measure of control over his power and his intellect was awakened, but at the cost of his father’s life. The FF fought past the mercenaries and found a large blue man cradling the doctor’s corpse and sobbing over it. It got up and came toward them, its radioactive arms wide. Assuming this “monster” had killed the doctor, The Thing attacked before it got its massive hands on them. Finally aware for the first time in his life and aching for contact, Adam’s first real contact with strangers was a violent attack. Shocked and confused, he responded in kind until Reed Richards realized the truth of the situation. The Invisible Woman finally calmed him down and the team turned the child-like Adam over to STAR Labs.

At STAR Labs, Adam’s intellect soared as a result of his father’s final treatments and the mental stimulation he received from staff doctors and nurses who attended him around the clock. Adam learned to speak articulate English within days, learned to read and write in weeks, and absorbed knowledge so swiftly that he learned the equivalent of a high school education inside of four months—though by the end of that period, his mental acuity plateaued and he now learned and understood things only slightly faster than any other teenager. Unfortunately, even though he could see and hear people and talk with them, he was still trapped in isolation and unable to touch or be touched. Overhearing some of the doctors talking, he learned the details of his father’s death, and the stress of his constant imprisonment and now having some understanding of what he’d lost drove Adam over the edge. Adam broke out of STAR and swore revenge against the Fantastic Four for causing his father’s death by interfering with his experiments. He also vowed unending hatred at all scientists, since none ever saw him as anything more than a test subject. Adam Ward took on the name “Gamma, the Atom-Smasher” and has made several attempts to destroy the FF. Each has ended in failure and only further embittered the atomic mutant, now a true renegade from human society. His bitterness has grown to encompass most of humanity, which he blames for his outcast state.

Over the years, he has been a pawn of several mastermind villains, including Doctor Doom, The Leader, Prometheus and The Wizard.

Characterization: Adam is a bitter and lonely young man. His father’s final treatments awakened a keen intellect, but Adam had neither the emotional stability nor the life-experience to handle all the conflicts and complexities of modern life. In many ways, Adam is a vengeful child lashing out at the people he considers responsible for his pain. Denied human contact all his life, he’s intensely lonely, but denies that he needs anyone or anything.

Friends and Foes: He has few friends but he still harbors intense hatred for the Fantastic Four, especially The Thing.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:17 pm

We've got another new item for our Freedom City Line on Aisle 21!

Simply put, Captain...I am better than you...

SUPERIOR
PL: 15 (285 pts) - OPL: 15 ; DPL: 14

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 18, STAMINA 14, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Athletics (+18), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+12), Deception (+3), Expertise [Art] 8 (+10), Expertise [History] 12 (+14), Expertise [Tactics] 8 (+10), Expertise [Religion] 6 (+8), Insight 10 (+12), Intimidation 10 (+13), Perception 10 (+12), Persuasion 6 (+9), Ranged Combat [Cosmic Energy Control] 2 (+12), Stealth (+2)

ADVANTAGES: Chokehold, Diehard, Improved Grab, Ranged Attack (8)

POWERS:
Telepathy: Mind Reading 2, Communication 2 (Mental, 1 Mile); 12 pts
Invulnerability: Protection 2, Impervious 6, Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support); 24 pts
Polyglot: Comprehend 2 (Speak, Understand all languages); 4 pts
Healing Factor: Regeneration 3 (1/every 3 rounds), Immortality 6 (1 day); 15 pts
Flight: Flight 12 (8000 mph/16 mpr); 24 pts
Cosmic Energy Blast: Ranged Cosmic Energy Damage 14; 28 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +10
Unarmed +12 [Unarmed +18]
Ranged Attack +10
Cosmic Energy Control +12 [Cosmic Energy Blast +14]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +16 (+6 Impervious), Fortitude +15, Will +13

COMPLICATIONS:
Arrogance: When you decide to call yourself Superior, it's pretty much guaranteed that you feel you are above everyone else
Motivation: World domination

Abilities 106 + Skills 37 (74 ranks) + Advantages 11 + Powers 107 + Defenses 24 = 285 / 285

Build Comments: Another Superman-level paragon to throw at the heroes, Superior is Kal-Zed from the hidden world of Ultima Thule in the World of Freedom. When they were visited by members of the Nazi society during the late 1930’s, he became fascinated with them and fled Ultima Thule to join up with them. Being immortal, he survived their downfall, but still clings to their ideals, waiting for his time to lead the new master race to greatness.

I forgot how handy some of those archetypes from Freedom City could be. The Ultimen have a nice template for paragons that can rumble with Viltrumites or Kryptonians. I almost changed Superior to one of those races, but I think a race of high level paragons living unknown under the noses of mankind for centuries is kind of a cool concept.

Secret Origins: Zed knew he was born a wolf among sheep, a giant among those content to while away their immortal lives with trivialities. He was one of the rare births among the Ultima, celebrated by the immortals as the continuation of their race and culture. With only a few centuries of life, he lacked the perspective to understand his people’s tradition of isolation and non-interference with less evolved cultures. He was obsessed with ancient lore about the time
when the Ultima strode the world like gods, and were often worshipped as such. They were giants in the Earth then, not existing like monks in their hidden city.

So it was no surprise that Kal-Zed was intrigued when outsiders visited Ultima Thule for the first time in many years. They spoke of ancient human legends about the city and about the origin of their race, the Aryan race. The Ultima found their folk-beliefs amusing, but had no interest in their primitive doctrines of racial purity or their political ambitions. So they mindwiped the intruders and sent them on their way, with nothing more than vague memories of being lost in a snowstorm. However, the seed these visitors planted festered in Kal-Zed’s mind. He believed the strangers were right, after all. The Ultima were superior! Why should they not assume control of less evolved cultures and guide them? It would be child’s play to do so; the primitive technology and even the crude psychic abilities displayed by humans would be no match for the cosmic power of one who was like a god to them. So, one fateful night, Kal-Zed stole away from Ultima Thule. He traveled to the Fatherland of the visitors and presented himself as a true example of the Aryan ideal, der Übermensch. Upon meeting Adolf Hitler, Kal-Zed was unprepared for the power, the sheer charisma, of the man, along with the subtle aid of his occult advisors. Rather than simply seizing control of the Reich, the newly named Übermensch thought it in his best interests to use the Nazis to his advantage. Once they had conquered, he would conquer them
in turn.

The Story so Far: Übermensch was one of the few Nazi super-soldiers to escape death
or capture at the end of the war. Exiled from Ultima Thule, his ambitions dashed, he went into years of seclusion, wondering where his plans went awry. However, he found what he thought was a kindered spirit when The High returned from his seclusion and announced that he and his group, The Changers, were going to remake the world for the better. He regathered his strength only in time to see The High and The Changers taken down by Stormwatch. However, The High did not perish as many thought and returned shortly thereafter to help save the world and again become the hero that he has been in the early part of the 20th century. Superior attempted to sway him to his way of thinking, but The High rebuffed him and the two had an epic fight, leading to Superior’s capture and The High becoming Superior’s archenemy.

The two of them clashed many times over the years as Superior sought revenge and conquest. Eventually, The High, along with Superman, decisively defeated him and exiled his foe to The Phantom Zone. Superior remained there for years until he was able to escape when General Zod sent his son’s ship to Earth. He has laid low since, waiting for the perfect moment to strike against his hated rival.

Characterization: Superior is quite arrogant and sure that he will eventually become the dominant being on the planet.

Friends and Foes: Superior sees himself above everyone else so he has few long term allies. He has a great enmity toward The High and Superman for his imprisonment, and Captain America, The original Human Torch and Namor for their defeats of him during WWII. He is still not fond of Overshadow, although there are rumors that Overshadow, at least, is trying to mend their relationship, promising him assistance in his revenge against his foes.

Clean Up 8/14/13: Superior becomes more...Superior.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:44 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: #144

Postby Thorpacolypse » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:41 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:We have another new item in our G.I. Joe line and it's another J-Mart Favorite item!

Yo, Joe!

DUKE
PL: 8 (137 pts) - OPL: 8 ; DPL: 8

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Acrobatics 3 (+6), Athletics 5 (+7), Deception 2 (+6), Expertise [Military] 10 (+12), Insight 5 (+9) [Assessment], Intimidation 3 (+7), Investigation 5 (+7), Perception 5 (+9), Persuasion 5 (+9) [Connected], Ranged Combat [Firearms] 2 (+11), Stealth 5 (+8), Treatment 3 (+5), Vehicles 5 (+8)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Assessment, Benefit (2) (Status – G.I. Joe Field Leader), Close Attack (2), Combat Leader*, Connected, Defensive Roll (1), Equipment (7), Extraordinary Effort, Favored Foe (COBRA), Improved Initiative (1), Inspire (2), Languages (1) (2 others, Base: English), Leadership, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (6), Takedown (1)

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(35ep)
Tactical Vest: Protection 1; 1ep
6ep as needed for situation
Knife: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Critical 19-20, Small; 1ep
Heavy Pistol: Ballistic Ranged Damage 4; 8ep
Arsenal: (18ep)
Fragmentation Grenades: Ballistic Damage 5, Extra: Ranged Area Burst; 15ep
Assault Rifle: Ballistic Ranged Damage 5, Extra: Multi-Attack; 1ep
Blaster Pistol: Energy Ranged Damage 5; 1ep
Heavy Machine Pistol: Ballistic Ranged Damage 4, Extra: Multiattack; 1ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +7
Close Attack +10 [Unarmed +2; Knife +3, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +9
Firearms +11 [Machine Pistols +4, Multiattack; Blaster Pistol +5; Assault Rifle +5, Multiattack; Heavy Pistol +4]
Special Attack [Frag Grenades +5, Area Burst]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +6, Fortitude +8, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
Patriotism: All the G.I. Joes would lay down their lives for the Red, White and Blue
Relationships: He is close to his mother, father and brother
Responsibility: The G.I. Joe Team

Abilities 60 + Skills 29 (58 ranks) + Advantages 31 + Powers 0 + Defenses 17 = 137 / 137

Comments: Duke is the field leader of the Joes in pretty much every incarnation of the series. He's your standard leader character, pretty good at everything but not stellar at anything, usually the 2nd best on the team at whatever is needed.

After watching the new G.I. Joe trailer again, I finally decided to finish up a couple of G.I. Joe builds I had sitting on my laptop half-finished. How I generally do things is a decide on a group of builds, rough out all or at least most of the group, then finish them up. Usually I bored once it gets paste 4-5 builds of the same ilk, so I leave them, then come back and finish up once I start feeling them again.

A couple more Joes to come.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: #441

Postby Thorpacolypse » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:51 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:Check out this new item in our G.I. Joe line!

If ya smeeeeeeeeeeellll..what the 'BLOCK...IS...COOKIN'!

ROADBLOCK
PL: 8 (129 pts) - OPL: 8 ; DPL: 8

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 5, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 1, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Athletics 4 (+9), Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+11), Deception (+3), Expertise [Cooking] 3 (+5), Expertise [Mechanics] 6 (+8), Expertise [Military] 6 (+8), Insight 5 (+8), Intimidation 7 (+10), Investigation 3 (+5), Perception 4 (+7), Persuasion (+3), Ranged Combat [Pistols] 2 (+10), Stealth (+1), Technology 3 (+5), Vehicles 8 (+11)

ADVANTAGES: Crushing Pin*, Damaging Escape*, Equipment (8), Fast Grab, Favored Foe (COBRA), Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Languages (1) (Spanish, 1 other, Base: English), Power Attack, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (5), Takedown (1), Teamwork, Tough* (2)

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(40ep)
Body Armor: Protection 1; 1ep
4ep as needed for situation
Knife: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Critical 19-20, Small; 2ep
Heavy Pistol: Ballistic Ranged Damage 4; 100 ft range, Small; 8ep
Arsenal: (25ep)
.50-caliber Machine Gun: Ballistic Ranged Damage 8, Extra: Multiattack; 24ep
Fragmentation Grenades: Ballistic Damage 5, Extra: Ranged Area Burst; 1ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +1
Close Attack +8 [Knife +6, Critical 19-20]
Unarmed +11 [Unarmed +5]
Ranged Attack +8 [Big Ass Machine Gun Blast +8, Multiattack]
Pistols +10 [Heavy Pistol +4]
Special Attack [Fragmentation Grenades +5, Area Burst]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +9 [DC19] Parry +9 [DC19]
Toughness +7, Fortitude +8, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
Patriotism: All the G.I. Joes would lay down their lives for the Red, White and Blue
Relationships: He is close to his cousin, Heavy Duty
Responsibility: The G.I. Joe Team

Abilities 58 + Skills 27 (54 ranks) + Advantages 26 + Powers 0 + Defenses 18 = 129 / 129

Comments: Roadblock has been a mainstay of the G.I. Joe team in pretty much all it’s incarnations. This version is heavily influenced by the newest G.I. Joe Renegades cartoon, which I watched most of the first season with the youngest Little Thorpacolypse. That the reason he has a 5 strength, in the cartoon, he definitely pressed more than 800 lbs a few times, but hey, it’s cartoon, you’d expect a little liberty with those type of things.

I am looking forward to the Rock’s take on him in the new movie this spring, although I have even more concerns about the movie’s quality with the pushed back release.

Good old Roadblock.
Shop J-Mart!

Return to “Roll Call”