J-Mart: Preparing for Relocation... :)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Blitz
Groupie
Groupie

Re: J-Mart: Overtkill, Bushwacker, Mauler Twins, Purple Man

Post by Blitz » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:59 am

Horsenhero wrote:While in most games I'm not fond of bringing up rape, and I certainly never do in my 4-color games, in my grittier settings, I do. Of course, I also use human trafficking, drug trafficking, torture (whatever the underlying reason) and other deplorable crimes that are wrong thematically for most hero games.

I do find it darkly humorous that many people find the violation of Jessica Jones by the Purple Man so repugnant, but it's been the "elephant in the room" surrounding Mandrill's entire character schtick since his inception and no one seems to give it much thought.

On a construction note, I too did not realize that Killgrave had any sort of regeneration, though it would make sense given how badly Cage knocked the crap out of him when last they met.
Mandrill squicks me out for exactly that reason. I have a hard time discussing Purple Man's wrongness specifically without adding "and Mandrill." I would've added a bit about Mandrill to the above post, actually, if I wasn't typing on a phone at the time.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Post by Thorpacolypse » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:48 am

THORPACODRESDENVERSE BUILDS:

So for my next set of builds, a little explanation is probably in order. Last year I FINALLY talked my regular D&D group into playing an MnM campaign. I had to compromise and make it more of a fantasy theme, so we went with a game set in the Dresden Files universe, of which we are all fans. Sidenote: PLEASE do not tell me anything about Cold Days yet, it was the one thing I didn't get for Christmas that I asked for and my birthday is Sunday so I can't buy it until I see what I am getting for that so it will be another week at least before I can start it and even then I am starting Wordmaker's book and I can't leave a book unfinished, so it will probably even be longer than that!!! :(

But I digress...

Anyway, I had built a handful of characters from the Dresdenverse already so I had some in place, but I didn't want to set the game in Chicago where Harry and most of the characters I built hang out, so I had to whip up more for the game (such a struggle for me, as you could guess seeing as how I can't stand to build characters :wink:). I also used builds from Prodigyduck's Bestiary, including his gargoyles, werebears, frost giants, minotaurs, ninjas and a white dragon I didn't get to use yet. I also borrowed Jab's lower level ninjas and a snake. So thanks to them for those. But I didn't want to post the stuff I built until we finished, or until they had encountered them. Of course, we never got around to finishing it, and I moved earlier in the year, as did another of our group, so I don't see it ever happening. So now I can post them.

I sat the game at PL8, 155 pts, because my friends kept pushing for PL10/150, which seemed high for a Dresden type setting so I let them have the points and through in 5 extra to be nice since they were new to the system and point buy building was a challenge for them. Of course, since this was a Dresdenverse game, the Seven Laws of Magic are in effect. I've been considering making them pure Thorpacoverse canon, but they put a lot limitations on characters like Doctor Strange, Doctor Fate and Zatanna. Although I suppose being Sorcerer Supreme could put you above those laws, like the Blackstaff in the Dresdenverse, same with being the embodiment of Nabu. But Zatanna would probably already be dead after the whole Identity Crisis thing.

Anyway, the Laws of Magic are a set of rules governing wizards in the fictional world of wizard Harry Dresden. Developed and enforced by the White Council, the Laws of Magic are primarily intended to guard against the misuse of magic by wizards against humans. Wizards deemed to have violated any of the Seven Laws are termed warlocks. Penalties for violating the Laws are exacted by the Wardens, and the sentence is usually, although not always, death.

The Laws are:
Thou shalt not kill by use of magic. A plea of self-defense is rarely allowed in mitigation. Wardens often wield swords when detaining and executing warlocks to avoid a technical infraction of this Law. At several points in the series, however, Wardens have used lethal magic against human wizards; it is possible that Wardens are allowed some latitude in the heat of combat. The use of magic to kill non-human beings, on the other hand, is lawful; a wizard may, for example, use magic to kill a vampire, a ghoul or any being of the Nevernever without breaking this Law.
Thou shalt not transform others. See also shapechangers.
Thou shalt not invade the mind of another.
Thou shalt not enthrall another. Enthrallment is the term for magically dominating another human through binding their will to one's own. It is not the same as compelling non-human beings through arrangements or exchanges; if the wizard does not actually control the being's mind through magic, the Law is not broken.
Thou shalt not reach beyond the borders of life. This Law prohibits both research into and the practice of necromancy, described as the summoning, binding and exploitation of the unwilling dead.
Thou shalt not swim against the Currents of Time. This prohibits any attempt to change the past through temporal manipulation for fear of paradoxes. Even magical prediction is frowned upon except in the vaguest, most general forms.
Thou shalt not seek beyond the Outer Gates. What the "Outer Gates" are is unknown, but the implication is that they mark the furthest boundaries of Dresden's multiverse. Beings from beyond the Gates are known as Outsiders, and are among the deadliest known threats to humanity – their existence itself is antithetical to the universe. May or may not be related to the Gatekeeper, a Senior Council member.

The “wizards +technology = boom” factor was handled with a complication, but they could take Nullify technology if they wanted have or as a continuous aura if they felt the need to use up some PP, which they didn't. :wink: Movement to and from the Nevernever was handled as a Movement 1 (Dimensional Movement [Mortal World/Nevernever], 2 pts). I told them they probably wouldn’t need it, but you never know…

The “magic is nullified by running water” effect is a plot device, generally handled as an overall complication. Same as Thresholds. Those were all the quirks for magic that I could think of in the Dresden setting off the top of my head. There have been others, but those were the biggies.

Here was the hook. The game was set during the White Council's war with the Red Court. One of the characters, a Warden named Bishop, has been directed by Harry Dresden to assist Sister Peter Ann Doran at the Basilica of The Assumption in Baltimore. The Baltimore Dresdenverse setting is very well laid out in the Dresden RPG, so I used a lot of stuff from there. I'm actually getting ready to play in an online Dresden RPG at the beginning of the year.

Anyway, Sister Peter Ann wishes the White Council’s assistance in locating and acquiring the Cauldron of Dagda, also known as the Undry. Harry was supposed to go get it himself, but he’s had something come up and since Bishop was there already thanks to a warm up encounter I put them through, he figured he could count on Bishop and his crew to retrieve the item for her. Sister Peter Ann is a friend of Forthill’s and an ally of the White Council. She has harbored many a needy person, and wizard, when needed, especially those that need protection from the supernatural world.

Harry’s not sure why the White Council wants it, as it seems like a pretty benign item, more or less an everlasting feast type of thing, but Luccio told him it was pretty important so he entrusted this task to the group. But it needs to be kept on the down low, because Luccio and the council are greatly concerned about other people getting the Cauldron. Unbeknownst to Harry (but apparently by the Council), there are others who seek the Cauldron. Renegade sorcerer Russell Carson is also searching for it, and he has a number of supernatural, and mortal resources dedicated to the task.

Most frighteningly, with the recent demise of Jenny Greenteeth (see the short story Something Borrowed), 3 young, powerful Winter Court Sidhe fae are vying for her station as a favorite of Maeve, the Winter Lady. The three fae, Huldria, Damona, and Etaina are trying to acquire the Cauldron of Dagda (Undry) as well, which she has told them she Maeve wants for her birthday party to make it the party of the century. The three fae are using all sorts of magical contacts to find the location of the cauldron which is hidden somewhere in Baltimore.

Even though the cauldron itself is not a big deal, what the Council knows (and possibly Maeve, too, but she’s not sharing) is that the big club/spoon being used to stir the Cauldron is actually the club of Lugh, is a powerful weapon that it is said can kill 9 men with one blow. It also has the power to bring people back from the dead. The White Council fears that if it falls into the hands of Carson, he could use them to attract even more followers, then use the power of the Club to have an unkillable, completely loyal army.

If Maeve gets it, it could tear apart the delicate balance of treaties they are currently working on with the Winter Court and Summer Court for strategic passages through the Nevernever, which are invaluable with their war with the Red Court. The White Council fears that the Winter Court would see little reason to bargain with them if they have such an artifact in the hands of Maeve, which would eventually pass to Mab. And if the Summer Court finds out, they could break off negotiations to focus on preparing for war with The Winter Court, or also blame the Council for failing to keep the magical balance they so fervently strive to maintain. And they don’t even want to think about what would happen if it falls into the hands of the Red Court.

So the heroes set out on their quest. What happened? Well, my children, that is a tale for another time. Or perhaps another group of adventurers... :wink:
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Post by Thorpacolypse » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:08 pm

We've got a new item for our Dresdenverse line!

OGRE (DRESDENVERSE)
PL: 9 (89 pts) - OPL: 9 ; DPL: 8

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 7, STAMINA 8, AGILITY 0, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 7, INTELLECT -1, AWARENESS 0, PRESENCE -1

SKILLS: Athletics 2 (+8), Deception (-1), Intimidation 9 (+8/+10), Perception 1 (+1), Persuasion (-1), Stealth (0/-4)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Close Attack (2), Crushing Pin*, Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Languages (1) (English, Base: Ogre/Unseelie)

POWERS:
Large Size ft: Growth 4 (+4 Str, +4 Sta, -2 Dodge/Parry, -4 Stealth, +2 Intimidation, Speed +1, +4 Mass; Extra: Innate); 9 pts
Glamour: Illusion 9 (Visual, Flaw: Limited [Appearance Only]); 9 pts
Tough Hide: Protection 3, Impervious 4; 11 pts
Nails: Piercing/Slashing Strength-based Damage 1; 1 pt
Unseelie Ogre Physiology: Immunity 11 (Magical Damage, Environmental Cold), Regeneration 2; 12 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +0
Close Attack +9 [Unarmed +7; Claws +8]
Ranged Attack +0

DEFENSES:
Dodge +1 [DC11] Parry +5 [DC15]
Toughness +11 (+4 Impervious), Fortitude +11, Will +3

COMPLICATIONS:
Responsibility: To the Winter Court
Vulnerable: All fae are vulnerable to cold iron/steel. It eliminates any Impervious Toughness and inflicts an additional degree of damage/failure on a failed check against weapons/effects that involved them

Abilities 24 + Skills 6 (12 ranks) + Advantages 8 + Powers 42 + Defenses 9 = 89 / 89

Comments: A Dresdenverse Ogre. These things are really tough for Harry because, well, one they are really tough, and two, they are immune to magical damage, at least non-Unseelie or non-Seelie magic. They haven't shown to be immune all magical effects, though, so a smart magical player of their level could figure out something to take them out. They're really PL8 characters, it's only with their claws that they go up to PL8.5-ish.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Blitz
Groupie
Groupie

Post by Blitz » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:11 pm

So many things about that post tempt Cold Days spoilers... You're going to love the book. Very, very cool. There are a few builds I'd love to see you do from the book. New characters, Winter Knight Harry, and <redacted>! Though the last one should probably wait for the next book or so...

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:39 pm

This is an original item for our Dresdenverse Aisle that is hitting the shelves!

I love the internet.

HULDRIA
PL: 10 (203 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 6, STAMINA 6, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Acrobatics 2 (+5), Athletics 3 (+9), Deception 8 (+11/+13) [Attractive, Fascinate], Expertise [Winter Court] 4 (+7), Expertise [Magic] 8 (+11) [Ritualist], Insight (+3), Intimidation 8 (+11/+12) [Startle], Investigation 2 (+5) [Well-Informed], Perception 3 (+6), Persuasion 8 (+11/+13) [Attractive, Connected], Ranged Combat [Magic] 5 (+10), Stealth 7 (+10/+8) [Hide in Plain Sight]

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Attractive (1), Benefit (1) (Winter Court Status), Chokehold, Close Attack (3), Connected, Diehard, Fascinate (1) (Deception), Fast Grab, Favored Environment (Snow/Ice), Hide in Plain Sight, Languages (2) (English, 1 other, Base: Unseelie), Leadership, Ranged Attack (3), Ritualist, Startle, Well-Informed

POWERS:
Big Girl: Growth 2 (+2 Str, +2 Sta, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth, +1 Intimidation, Speed +0, +2 Mass; Extra: Innate); 4 pts
Glamour: Illusion 10 (Visual, Flaw: Limited [Appearance Only]); 10 pts
Half-Ogre Physiology: Protection 2, Impervious 3 (6 ranks), Immunity 6 (Magical Damage [Flaw: Limited to Half Effect], Environmental Cold), Leaping 2 (30 ft), Regeneration 2; 18 pts
Nasty Nails: Piercing/Slashing Strength-based Damage 1; 1 pt
Winter's Chill: Environment 3 (120 ft radius; Extreme Cold, Impede Movement [reduced 2 ranks], Visibility [-5 Perception]; Extra: Selective [Mix and Match 4 pt); 15 pts
Icy Winds: Array, 21 pt array, 23 pts
Wind Gusts: Cone Area Move Object 7 (Extra: Line Area, Damaging, Flaw: Limited Direction [Away]); 21 pts
Icy Snare: Ranged Affliction 7 (Resisted by Dodge; (1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized; Extra: Alternate Resistance [Resisted by Dodge], Cumulative, Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited to two Degrees); 1 pt
Wind Burst: Burst Area Affliction 10 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Impaired, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Area Burst); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +11 [Unarmed +6; Nails +7]
Ranged Attack +5
Icy Winds +10 [Force Blast +10; Icy Snare Affliction +7]
Special Attack [Wind Burst Affliction +6, Area Burst; Icy Winds +7, Cone Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +8, Fortitude +9, Will +11

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: The Summer Court
Inferiority Complex: Her half-ogre heritage causes her to feel less than some of the more pure fae and Sidhe
Rivalry: The other fae striving to gain favor with Maeve
Vulnerable: All fae are vulnerable to cold iron/steel. It eliminates any Impervious Toughness and inflicts an additional degree of damage/failure on a failed check against weapons/effects that involved them

Abilities 60 + Skills 29 (58 ranks) + Advantages 22 + Powers 72 + Defenses 20 = 203 / 203

Comments: Huldria is one of the 3 members of the Winter Court that are vying to become the new right hand of the Winter Lady, Maeve, after the demise of her former favorite, Jenny Greenteeth. She's a half-ogre that got the general attractiveness of her human side and the size and strength of her Ogre side. She also has a fair bit of unseelie magical abilities. Perhaps it's due to her insecurities that she's the nicest of the 3 of them, and the first one the party encounters in their first mission from Sister Peter Ann. The party was sent by the Sister to help a friend, Dr. Ralston, another human "in the know" about the supernatural world in Baltimore, who she feared was in danger. They were set upon by the gargoyles and ninjas I mentioned above who were under the employ of Russell Carson. They dispatched the gargoyles pretty easily, but were having problems with the ninjas when Huldria and two ogres showed up and cleaned house and offered their assistance in finding Dr. Ralston.

The party accepted and Huldria kept her word and took off, but I was planning on bringing her back to fight or work with the group later on. The pic above kinda captured how I envisioned her, although I would see her with harder features generally. And not in a mini-skirt, of course. :wink:
Shop J-Mart!

MistahFixIt
Cohort
Cohort

Post by MistahFixIt » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:52 pm

Interesting choice for your next 'chapter' of builds, though under the Seven Laws (particularly thou shalt not kill by magic.) you made no reference to the Doom of Damocles. Which is odd, considering Dresden seems to be saddled with it in perpetuity ...

Basically, the Doom of Damocles is a form of probation, or a suspension of sentence, for young wizards suspected of breaking the Seven Laws. This is a rare occurrence because of two reasons: one, a White Council member in Good Standing must speak out on behalf of the suspect wizard, and two, they must sway at least three-quarters of the Council's vote. The young wizard's patron is then assigned as his guardian of sorts, and the both of them are placed under the Doom of Damocles. If the suspect wizard screws up again, he and his sponsor are to be put to death.

(Which is why Coucilmembers aren't too keen to speak out on a suspect wizard's behalf, for fear of getting the chop along with them. :P)

The Doom of Damocles can be lifted after the fact, but its not common, and usually only in response to performing some great service to the Council, or otherwise engaging in some conduct of extraordinary merit. ;P

- - - - -

I only mention it because I think The Doom of Damocles makes for an interesting character complication. :D
Active Characters:
Crinoverse: Nights of Horror - Edward Carnby
Destiny Origins - 'Brea' MacLaughlan
All-New Doom Patrol - Firepower

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: J-Mart: Mauler Twins, Purple Man, Dresdenverse stuff

Post by Thorpacolypse » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:06 pm

Good points. I could certainly see that as a complication in that game. None of the players were willing to take that on, though. :)
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:28 pm

More Dresdenverse originals for Aisle 9!

Jenny was weak. Maeve should have seen my skill before and she will definitely see it once I bring her the Cauldron.

ETAINA
PL: 10 (210 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 5, STAMINA 5, AGILITY 7, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 9, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 6 (+13) [Agile Feint], Athletics 6 (+11/+15), Deception 8 (+10/+12) [Attractive, Daze, Taunt], Expertise [Magic] 7 (+8), Expertise [Winter Court] 7 (+8), Insight 5 (+7), Intimidation 5 (+7), Perception 8 (+10), Persuasion 5 (+7), Ranged Combat [Water Control] 4 (+9), Sleight of Hand 6 (+9), Stealth 5 (+12) [Hide in Plain Sight]

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, All-Out Attack, Animal Empathy, Attractive (1), Benefit (1) [Winter Court Status], Chokehold, Close Attack (2), Daze (1) (Taunt), Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (1), Evasion (1), Fast Grab, Favored Environment (Water), Favored Foe (Summer Court), Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Initiative (2), Improved Trip, Instant Up, Languages (2) (English, 1 other, Base: Unseelie), Minion (7) (25 Shellycobbs), Move-by Action, Ranged Attack (2), Seize Initiative, Takedown (1), Taunt, Uncanny Dodge

POWERS:
Nixie Physiology: Immunity 2 (Suffocation [Drowning], Environmental Cold), Leaping 2 (30 ft), Speed 2 (8 mph), Swimming 3 (4 mph), Enhanced Skills 2 (Athletics 4, Flaw: Limited to Swim checks), Comprehend 2 (Speak, Understand Animals, Flaw: Limited [Shellycobbs]), Regeneration 2; 14 pts
Nasty Nails: Piercing/Slashing Strength-based Damage 1, Enhanced Advantages 1 (Improved Critical); 2 pts
Water Control: Array, 18 pt array, 21 pts
Emotion Control: Perception Range Affliction 6 (1st: Dazed, 2nd: Compelled, Extras: Perception Range, Cumulative, Flaw: Limited to 2 degrees); 18 pts
Drowning: Ranged Affliction 9 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Fatigued, 2nd: Exhausted, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Cumulative, Quirk: Requires water); 1 pt
Water Blast: Ranged Damage 9 (Quirk: Requires water); 1 pt
Drowning Burst: Burst Area Affliction 6 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Fatigued, 2nd: Exhausted, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Area Burst); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +15
Close Attack +11 [Unarmed +5; Claws +6, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +5
Water Control +9 [Water Blast +9; Drown Affliction +9]
Special Attacks [Drowning Burst Affliction +6, Area Burst]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +14 [DC24] Parry +13 [DC23]
Toughness +6, Fortitude +8, Will +11

COMPLICATIONS:

Abilities 68 + Skills 36 (72 ranks) + Advantages 36 + Powers 47 + Defenses 23 = 210 / 210

Comments: Etaina is the second of the 3 fae vying for Jenny Greenteeth's spot at the side of The Winter Lady. She is a nixie fae like Jenny was, replete with aquatic powers and water control abilities. She also has an army of Shellycobbs, big crab-like fae that Harry has rumbled with a couple of times. We had just started the rumble with her, the Shellycobbs and a couple of P-Duck's frost giants when we had to stop the game, alas, never to be resumed.

Also, if any Dresden fans see any Unseelie core abilities or Complications that I missed, please let me know.
Shop J-Mart!

luketheduke86
Hero
Hero

Re: 689

Post by luketheduke86 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:24 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote: Also, if any Dresden fans see any Unseelie core abilities or Complications that I missed, please let me know.
Well I'm not sure when this was stated, but I believe that the fey were for all intents and purposes immortal.

These are great Dresden characters Thorp, I've been wanting to run a Dresdenesque campaign (especially after reading Cold Days) and these are good references if I ever get the chance.
A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:30 pm

Another Thorpacodresdenverse item hits the Aisle 9 shelves!

Cauldron, schmauldron...I just want to make you pigs squeal...

MAD MARIS
PL: 11 (192 pts) - OPL: 11 ; DPL: 11

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 6, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 9, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Acrobatics 7 (+13) [Agile Feint, Skill Mastery], Athletics (+3), Close Combat [Knives] 4 (+15), Deception 4 (+8), Expertise [Magic] 5 (+7) [Ritualist], Expertise [Winter Court] 6 (+8), Insight (+1), Intimidation 5 (+9), Perception 6 (+7), Persuasion (+4), Ranged Combat [Throwing] 4 (+15), Sleight of Hand 3 (+8), Stealth 4 (+10) [Hide in Plain Sight]

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, All-Out Attack, Benefit (1) (Winter Court Status), Chokehold, Close Attack (2), Defensive Attack, Evasion (1), Favored Foe (Summer Court), Grabbing Finesse, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Initiative (1), Instant Up, Languages (2) (English, 1 other, Base; Unseelie), Power Attack, Precise Attack (2), Ranged Attack (6), Ritualist, Skill Mastery (1) (Acrobatics), Takedown (1), Uncanny Dodge

POWERS:
Sidhe Physiology: Protection 2, Immunity 10 (Cold Effects), Leaping 2 (30 ft), Speed 2 (8 mph), Regeneration 2; 18 pts
Madness: Enhanced Will 6 (Flaw: Limited to Mental Effects); 3 pts
Nasty Nails: Piercing/Slashing Strength-based Damage 1, Enhanced Advantages 1 (Improved Critical); 2 pts
Ice Daggers: 6 pts traits, Easily Removable (-2 pts); 4 pts
Thrown Ice Daggers: Piercing/Slashing Strength-based Ranged Damage 2, Enhanced Advantages 1 (Improved Critical), (Extra: Multiattack 5); 5 pts
Ice Dagger Strike: Piercing/Slashing Strength-based Damage 2, Enhanced Advantages 1 (Improved Critical); 1 pt

Ice Queen Array: 18 pt Array, 21 pts
Emotion Control: Perception Range Affliction 6 (1st: Dazed, 2nd: Compelled, Extras: Perception Range, Cumulative, Flaw: Limited to 2 degrees); 18 pts
Ice Breath: Affliction 8 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Hindered, 2nd: Immobilized, 3rd: Paralyzed, Extra: Cumulative, Reach 2 [15 ft]); 1 pt
Cold Blast: Cone Area Affliction 9 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Impaired, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Cone Area [30 ft cone]; 1 pt
Ice Wall: Protection 6, Impervious 3 (Extra: Affects Others, Flaw: Sustained); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +10
Close Attack +11 [Unarmed +3; Nasty Nails +4; Ice Breath Affliction +8]
Ice Daggers +15 [Ice Daggers +5, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +11 [Ice Blast Affliction +9]
Throwing +15 [Ice Daggers +5, Critical 19-20, Multiattack]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +6 (+12 with Ice Wall, +3 Impervious with Ice Wall), Fortitude +8, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Psychosis: She's a bit crazy. Actually, a LOT crazy

Abilities 68 + Skills 24 (48 ranks) + Advantages 28 + Powers 57 + Defenses 15 = 192 / 192

Comments: Mad Maris is another my original Dresdenverse villains that is vying for Jenny Greenteeth’s spot as favorite of Maeve, and she's basically the final boss for the game. She's not really a full PL above Etaina and Huldria, but she's got more options in her powers and attacks and with her Ice Wall, she can be hard to hurt. The main challenge she presents to the heroes is that she is batsh*t crazy. The others can be reasoned with, but Mad Maris is not and she doesn't care who she has to go through to get that Cauldron and rise up. She has a "pet" that makes her doubly dangerous, but I am not saying what it is here in case I ever run the game for others.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: 689

Post by Thorpacolypse » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:35 pm

luketheduke86 wrote:Well I'm not sure when this was stated, but I believe that the fey were for all intents and purposes immortal.

These are great Dresden characters Thorp, I've been wanting to run a Dresdenesque campaign (especially after reading Cold Days) and these are good references if I ever get the chance.
That's right. That's a biggie, I can't believe I missed that one for them. I'll have to add some aging Immunity to them all shortly. Thanks for the catch.

And I know the feeling about the running a game. I'd love to run this game again, but I haven't had the gumption to start a game in the game room, or try to get an FTF game started in my new town. And even if I do, time is always against me. I'm lucky to have time to play, much less run a game anymore.
Shop J-Mart!

Woodclaw
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Woodclaw » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:37 pm

Nice Dresdenverse builds Thorp. I'm not sure about using illusion to simulate the glamour, since it's closer to Morph.
"Yes, it's a bloody flying alligator setting fire to my city!"

Sam Vimes (Guards! Guards!)

From a dark corner of my mind (my build's thread)
From another dark corner of my mind (my Deviantart page)

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:45 pm

Our last Thorpacodresdenverse item of the evening is hitting the shelves right now!

As you wish, Sister Peter Ann.

XARA
PL: 8 (155 pts) - OPL: 8 ; DPL: 8

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 11, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 7 (+12) [Agile Feint], Athletics 6 (+8), Deception 6 (+8/+10) [Attractive], Expertise [Magic] 3 (+5), Insight 4 (+7), Intimidation 4 (+6), Investigation 4 (+6), Perception 6 (+9), Persuasion (+2/+4) [Attractive], Sleight of Hand (+5), Stealth 7 (+12) [Hide in Plain Sight], Technology (+2), Treatment 1 (+3), Vehicles (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, Attractive (1), Beginner's Luck, Defensive Attack, Diehard, Equipment (7), Extraordinary Effort, Favored Foe (Scions), Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Critical (1) (Unarmed), Improved Initiative (1), Improvised Weapon (1), Jack-of-all-Trades, Languages (1) (Latin, Base: English), Power Attack, Ranged Attack (6), Takedown (2), Uncanny Dodge

POWERS:
Scion Physiology: Leaping 2 (30 ft), Speed 2 (8 mph), Regeneration 2 (Extra: Persistent), Immunity 2 (Aging, Disease); 10 pts
Child of Light: Feature 1 (Unarmed attacks have Holy Descriptor), Environment 1 (Light); 2 pts
Enchanted Sword: 5 pts traits, Easily Removable (-2 pts); 3 pts
Holy Strike: Slashing/Piercing Strength-based Damage 3, Enhanced Advantages 1 (Improved Critical); (Extra: Variable Descriptor [Holy/Silver]); 5 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(35ep)
Body Armor: Protection 1; 1 ep
Cell Phone, Standard: Feature 1, Diminutive; 1ep
Handcuffs: Feature 1 (Toughness 9, DC20 Sleight of Hand/Technology), Tiny; 1ep
Lockpick Kit: Feature 1, Tiny; 1ep
Arsenal: (21ep)
Fragmentation Grenades: Ballistic Damage 5, Extra: Ranged Area Burst, Range 25 ft; 15ep
Heavy Machine Pistol: Ballistic Ranged Damage 4, Extra: Multiattack; 100 ft range, Medium; 1ep
Sniper Rifle: Ballistic Ranged Damage 5, Critical 19-20; 125 ft range, Large; 1ep
Knife: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Critical 19-20, Small; 1ep
Heavy Crossbow: Piercing Ranged Damage 3, Critical 19-20; 75ft range, Medium; 1ep
Shuriken: Piercing Ranged Damage 1, Extra: Multiattack; 25ft range, Small; 1ep, Silver Shuriken: Piercing Ranged Damage 1, Extra: Multiattack; 25ft range, Small; 1ep
Vehicle: (10ep)
Motorcycle: Size - M, Strength - 1, Speed - 6, Def - 10, Tough - 8; 10ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +9
Close Attack +11 [Unarmed +2, Critical 19-20; Katana +5, Critical 19-20; Knife+3, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +11 [Ranged Attack +0; Heavy Machine Pistol +4, Multiattack; Sniper Rifle +5, Critical 19-20; Crossbow +3, Critical 19-20; Shuriken +1, Multiattack]
Special Attack [Fragmentation Grenades +5, Area Burst]

DEFENSES: Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]; Toughness +4, Fortitude +6, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Grendelkin
Guilt: Death of her sister
Phobia: She almost drown as a child and is very afraid of the water
Relationships: Sister Peter
Responsibility: Protecting Baltimore from supernatural evil

Abilities 66 + Skills 24 (48 ranks) + Advantages 30 + Powers 17 + Defenses 18 = 155 / 155

Comments: Like any good GM, I built Xara as a fallback to assist the PCs if things started to go badly. And sure enough, when they rushed into the battle with Etaina and her minions, things started to go south fast, so Xara came to help turn the tide, and she did. In 3 rounds, they went from being in deep doo, to running Etaina off (even though her escape was planned).

Xara is a scion like The Hellhound, although her supernatural half is from the light side, not the demonic side like Kincaid. She has served Sister Peter Ann faithfully as a warrior of the church since she was found on the steps of the basilica by her 20 years ago. I completely based her on Baby Doll from Sucker Punch so the pic is fitting.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:49 pm

Woodclaw wrote:Nice Dresdenverse builds Thorp. I'm not sure about using illusion to simulate the glamour, since it's closer to Morph.
I can see it both ways. I know that the fae and other magic users in the setting have used Glamour on others, which I saw as more of an illusion, but they have also created more of a Morph type of glamour in certain situations as well. I may have to split that out into two separate things. Thanks for the input.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:07 pm

Blitz wrote:So many things about that post tempt Cold Days spoilers... You're going to love the book. Very, very cool. There are a few builds I'd love to see you do from the book. New characters, Winter Knight Harry, and <redacted>! Though the last one should probably wait for the next book or so...
Resist the temptation, Blitz, resist it! :wink:

Give me a couple of weeks and I'm sure I'll be able to fill your order. I am totally in a fantasy mode right now after sitting through that LOTR marathon and then seeing the The Hobbit. I plan on hitting my converted D&D setting hard in the next few weeks even, but since I generally have a short attention span I'm sure there will be other things spliced in between. :)
Shop J-Mart!