J-Mart: Preparing for Relocation... :)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Re: J-Mart: Ogre, Minotaur, Canines, Owlbear, New PCs

Postby Thorpacolypse » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:52 pm

I thought I would start some tests with the new PCs I did to get a gauge of challenge levels of some of my monsters. Since I LOVE owlbears, I figured I'd test that first.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Playtest/Story – New Party vs. Owlbear

Maneuver Legend: AA – All Out Attack, ACA – Accurate Attack, DA – Defensive Attack, PA – Power Attack, RA – Routine Attack

Intro: The heroes are on their way to the town Lothosian town of Iredell, a town of approximately 400 people near the edge of the realm, to investigate an increase in orc raids and other strange occurrences. The journey from the thorp of Thorpe :wink: is a 3 day trek through some fairly untamed wilderness. The first day and night passes without incident (50/50 shot of an encounter, 1-10 no encounter, I roll a 3), but on night two (75% chance for encounter because I need one for the test, I roll an 8 so there’s one) so as the party is setting up camp, Arisema is out gathering more wood for the fire, when she comes into a clearing straight into sight of an owlbear.

The owlbear, being foul-tempered and hungry immediately goes into attack mode.

Round 1: Initiative: Arisema – 25, Owlbear – 6. Arisema will shout to her friends, who will come running, but it will take 2 rounds for the first two to arrive, and after a couple of random rolls, it will be Sister Eli and Sister Jhaelryna Tuin who show up in Round 4. The rest will make it in Round 6. Arisema draws her sword and goes full defense. The owlbear charges (-2 attack) and Arisema easily defends, rolling a natural 2 against her adjusted 17.

Round 2: Arisema will PA2 with her sword against the owlbear and she hits with a 17+4=21. The owlbear has to make a toughness check at DC21 and hit does with a 17+7=24. The owlbear AA2 with his talons and hits with a 15+6+2=23. Arisema has to make a toughness check at DC21, but she blows it with 4+4=8. She’ll use her HP to re-roll and gets a 10+10+4=24 to make the save.

Round 3: Arisema will DA2 with her sword again and misses with 2. The owlbear goes AA3 with his talons and hits again 18+6+3=27. Arisema gets a 16 on her check against DC21 to take 2nd degree damage. Fortunately for her, the cavalry is coming...

Status – Arisema (2nd degree damage, 0 hp), Owlbear (fine,1 hp)

Round 4: The Sisters jump in! Sister Eli gets a 15 initiative, Sister Jhaelryna gets a 21. So the new order is Arisema, Jhaelryna, Eli, owlbear. Let’s so how the numbers advantage plays out. Arisema uses her one action to DA2 and she hits thanks to the owlbear being wide open after the AA, 8+4=12. He has to make a check against DC21, natural 1…let’s re-roll that, yikes, a 2 but with 10 and his +7 Toughness, he gets a 19 to only take 1st degree damage. Jhaelryna stays at range and fires an arrow, AA2 and she misses with a 3. Sister Eli has use her move action to move into melee range and she PA2 unarmed and hits, 12+6=18. The owlbears makes the DC19 check with a natural 19. Let’s see who he attacks (1-10, Arisema; 11-20 Sister Eli…1…poor Arisema). Smelling blood, the beast again goes AA2 and hits again 18+8=26. Arisema blows the save with a 6+3=9 for 3rd degree damage. She’s hurtin’ bad.

Status – Arisema (2nd degree damage, 3rd degree damage, 0 hp), Sister Eli (fine,1 hp), Sister Jhaelryna (fine, 1 hp), Owlbear (1st degree damage, 0 hp)

Round 5: The dudes are still a round away. Arisema needs to pull back and Recover. She uses her only action try and move out of melee range but she is -1 speed so she can’t get completely out of the danger zone. Jhaelryna goes PA2 with her Ray of Faith and hits 17+2=19. The owlbear has to save at DC23 and he does not, with 5+6=11 for 3rd degree damage. However, since the owlbear took that damage, that triggers his Stunning Screech so he lets loose with burst that will catch Arisema and Sister Eli in the burst. They both make the Dodge check to reduce the effect to half, but both blow the Fort check with both at 5+4=9 for a 1st degree failure, so they are both Dazed. Sister Eli goes to try and take him out with a PA2 and misses, 5+6==11. The owlbear can only take an action, so he goes AA3 against Sister Eli and hits 18+9=26. She makes the DC21 check, though, 19+3=22.

Status – Arisema (2nd degree damage, 3rd degree damage, dazed, 0 hp), Sister Eli (dazed,1 hp), Sister Jhaelryna (fine, 1 hp), Owlbear (1st degree damage, 3rd degree damage, 0 hp)

Round 6: Now the rest of the party shows up. For initiative, Barunn gets a 13, Jobymme gets a 16 and Beaver the Bard gets a 20. So the order is Arisema, Jhaelryna, Beaver, Jobymme, Sister Eli, Barunn, owlbear. Arisema will use her action to Recover, getting rid of her 3rd degree damage. Jhaelryna will fire another arrow and hits. The owlbear only gets a 5+5=10 for 2nd degree damage. Beaver will Aid Jobymme. He gets the check against 10 so Jobymme will get +2 to hit. Jobymme will save his spells and go in with his claws, PA2 and misses, of course. Sister Eli goes SA and hits, 8+8=16. The owlbear has to make a DC19 check and does. Barunn goes AA2, and misses. Amazingly enough, the owlbear survived that round but even it knows enough to get out there against those numbers, so it lumbers off and despite Arisema’s desire to go after it, Jobymme and Jhaelryna talk her out of it.

Final Status – Arisema (2nd degree damage, dazed, 0 hp), Sister Eli (dazed,1 hp), Sister Jhaelryna (fine, 1 hp), Beaver the Bard (fine, 1 hp), Jobymme (fine, 1 hp), Barunn (fine, 1 hp), Owlbear (1st degree damage, 2nd degree damage, 3rd degree damage, 0 hp)

Comments: Well, what did we learn from that? First off, I roll AWESOME for owlbears! :D

Second, he did better against numbers that I thought. Even though the ladies in the party are not big hitters, he took some good shots and kept on coming. Although he made it through that last round with the whole team, I think he would have been in real trouble the next round so I figured I would be nice and let him live to lick his wounds and come back against them later on. Woodclaw was definitely right about the numbers game. I would think I’d need a PL8 to be a real solo threat against this team of 6. I’ll have to add a couple of pumped up versions of some of monsters that I’ve done far for future encounters.

All of the PCs performed as I expected in a limited test, especially for the men in the group. It will be interesting to see how they do against some numbers against them, which will be my next endeavor.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Postby Thorpacolypse » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:51 pm

We've got another new item in our fantasy line!

Zombies has a negative connotation to it now. We prefer to be called "the living impaired."

ZOMBIE
PL: 2 (14 pts) - OPL: 2 ; DPL: 2

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA --, AGILITY -1, DEXTERITY -1, FIGHTING 1, INTELLECT --, AWARENESS 0, PRESENCE --

SKILLS: Athletics (+3)

ADVANTAGES: Fast Grab, Improved Hold

POWERS:
Undead Body: Protection 3; 3 pts
Undead Immunity: Immunity 35 (Fortitude Effects, Necrotic Damage [Flaw: Limited to half effect]); 33 pts
Darkvision: Senses 2 (Darkvision); 2 pts
Zombie Grab: Enhanced Advantages 2 (Fast Grab, Improved Hold, Flaw: Limited to when two or more zombies are attacking the same opponent); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative -1
Close Attack +1 [Unarmed +3]
Ranged Attack -1

DEFENSES:
Dodge +0 [DC10] Parry +1 [DC11]
Toughness +3, Fortitude Immune, Will Immune

COMPLICATIONS:
Disability: Zombies permanently have the Dazed conditions, allowing them only a standard action each round
Slow: Zombies can only move 20 ft per round
Vulnerable: Zombies are vulnerable to radiant damage

Abilities -26 + Skills 0 (0 ranks) + Advantages 0 + Powers 39 + Defenses 1 = 14 / 14

Comments: My zombies for the Gloriant setting are a bit of combination between regular fantasy zombies and Dresdenverse zombies. In the Dresden Files, particularly the novel Dead Beat, the zombies are almost super strong, able to sling a full size desk across a room. They're also pretty tough and can actually sprint fast enough to catch the Beetle when Harry was flooring it. Well, not the Beetle was fast, mind you, but still, most Zombies can't sprint. Mine are just close to peak human strength and plenty tough, otherwise, they function like regular movie/fantasy zombies. They’re slow, mindless, but if they get a hold of you, it’s tough to get away.

Here's some Mass Combat for them. I made their Morale sky high because really, how can you demoralize zombies? They never seem to get driven off, they either kill you or get killed.

ZOMBIE MASS COMBAT

CORPS: ATTACK 15, DAMAGE 17, DEFENSE 0, TOUGHNESS 15, INITIATIVE 0, MORALE 9
DIVISION: ATTACK 14, DAMAGE 16, DEFENSE 0, TOUGHNESS 14, INITIATIVE 0, MORALE 9
BRIGADE: ATTACK 13, DAMAGE 15, DEFENSE 0, TOUGHNESS 13, INITIATIVE 0, MORALE 9
REGIMENT: ATTACK 12, DAMAGE 14, DEFENSE 0, TOUGHNESS 12, INITIATIVE 0, MORALE 9
REGIMENT: ATTACK 11, DAMAGE 13, DEFENSE 0, TOUGHNESS 11, INITIATIVE 0, MORALE 9
BATALLION: ATTACK 10, DAMAGE 12, DEFENSE 0, TOUGHNESS 10, INITIATIVE 0, MORALE 9
BATALLION: ATTACK 9, DAMAGE 11, DEFENSE 0, TOUGHNESS 9, INITIATIVE 0, MORALE 9
COMPANY: ATTACK 8, DAMAGE 10, DEFENSE 0, TOUGHNESS 8, INITIATIVE 0, MORALE 9
COMPANY: ATTACK 7, DAMAGE 9, DEFENSE 0, TOUGHNESS 7, INITIATIVE 0, MORALE 9
PLATOON: ATTACK 6, DAMAGE 8, DEFENSE 0, TOUGHNESS 6, INITIATIVE 0, MORALE 9
PLATOON: ATTACK 5, DAMAGE 7, DEFENSE 0, TOUGHNESS 5, INITIATIVE 0, MORALE 9
SQUAD: ATTACK 4, DAMAGE 6, DEFENSE 0, TOUGHNESS 4, INITIATIVE 0, MORALE 9
SQUAD: ATTACK 3, DAMAGE 5, DEFENSE 0, TOUGHNESS 3, INITIATIVE 0, MORALE 9
BASE: ATTACK 1, DAMAGE 3, DEFENSE 0, TOUGHNESS 1, INITIATIVE 0, MORALE 9
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:22 pm

We're taking a break from the fantasy builds to add a few new items to our Bleach Aisle! We're starting out with this new item for our Villains Line!

(To Ichigo Kurosaki) Those eyes. You're always like that. No matter how much I beat you up, you've got this sense about you that you're going to beat me. You think you're freaking stronger than me! I can't freakin' stand it! - Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez

GRIMMJOW JAEGERJAQUEZ
PL: 13 (258 pts) - OPL: 13 ; DPL: 13

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 9, STAMINA 8, AGILITY 7, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 12, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Acrobatics 3 (+10), Athletics 3 (+12), Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+15), Close Combat [Claws] 3 (+15), Deception 4 (+7), Insight 3 (+5), Intimidation 7 (+10) [Startle], Perception 3 (+5), Persuasion (+3), Ranged Combat [Cero] 4 (+10), Stealth 3 (+10)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Benefit (1) (Status – Espada 6), Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (1), Fearless, Improved Critical (1) (Unarmed), Improved Initiative (1), Move-by Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack (3), Startle, Takedown (1), Tracking

POWERS:
Arrancar Physiology: Immunity 1 (Aging); 1 pts
Spirit Form: Concealment 10 (All Senses, Flaw: Limited [Only in human world], Permanent); 5 pts
Hierro: Protection 3, Impervious 3; 9 pts
Garganta: Movement 1 (Dimensional Movement [Hueco Mundo/Human World/soul Society], Extra: Portal x2 [12 ft Portal]); 4 pts
Reiryuko (Spiritual Energy): 20 pt array; 23 pts
Cero: Spiritual Ranged Damage 10; 20 pts
Bala: Multiattack Spiritual Ranged Damage 6 (Extra: Accurate 2, Multiattack); 1 pt
Reiatsu Release: Burst Area Affliction 9 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Impaired, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Area Burst [30 ft radius], Extra: Subtle, Flaw: Activation [Move Action]); 1 pt
Pesquisa: Senses 7 (Spiritual Awareness [Mental, Extended], Detect Spiritual Energy [Mental, Accurate, Ranged, Extended]), Enhanced Advantages 1 (Assessment); 1 pt

Sonido: 10 pt Array; 11 pts
Air Walking: Flight 5 (60 mph); 10 pts
Flash Steps: Speed 5 (60 mph), Leaping 4 (120 ft); 1 pt

Zanpakuto: 4 pts traits, Extra: Restricted 2 [Grimmjow only], Easily Removable (-2 pts); 4 pts
Pantera: Piercing/Slashing Strength-based Damage 3, Enhanced Advantage 1 (Improved Critical); 4 pts
Resurreccion Healing: Healing 10 (Extra: Action [Free], Flaw: Limited [only when releasing Resurreccion]); 20 pts
Resurreccion: 46 pts traits, Flaw: Activation (Move Action), Quirk: Must say Release word (Grind); 44 pts
Enhanced Hierro: Enhanced Protection 2, Enhanced Impervious 2; 6 pts
Enhanced Sonido: Enhanced Flight/Speed 1 (6 ranks total [120 mph]); 2 pts
Pantera Claws: Piercing/Slashing Strength-based Damage 2, Enhanced Advantages 2 (Improved Critical 2); 4 pts
Explosive Darts: Piercing Ranged Burst Area Damage 12 (Extra: Accurate 3, Area Burst 8 [30 ft. Burst]); 35 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +11
Close Attack +12 [Pantera +12, Critical 19-20]
Unarmed +15 [Unarmed +9]
Ranged Attack +6
Cero/Bala +10 [Cero +10; Bala +6, Multiattack]
Special Attack [Reiatsu Release Affliction +9, Area Burst]

GARRA DE LA PANTERA OFFENSE:
Initiative +11
Close Attack +12 [Pantera +12, Critical 19-20]
Unarmed +15 [Unarmed +9]
Pantera Claws +15 [Garra De La Pantera Claws +11, Critical 18-20]
Ranged Attack +6
Cero/Bala +10 [Cero +10; Bala +6, Multiattack]
Special Attack [Explosive Darts +12, Area Burst; Reiatsu Release Affliction +9, Area Burst]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +12 (+4 Impervious), Fortitude +11, Will +9

GARRA DE LA PANTERA DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +14 (+6 Impervious), Fortitude +11, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Ichigo Kurosaki
Power Loss: It takes a lot of spiritual energy for Shinigami to use Bankai and Arrancar to use Resurreccion. As such, it is up to the GM to determine when and if those powers can be activated and maintaining usage of those powers can eventually lead to exhaustion and inability to utilize those powers until the users' spiritual pressure has a chance to recharge
Responsibility: To Lord Aizen
Rivalry: Most of the other Espada, especially Luppi
Temper: He has a fiery temper that gets the best of him at times and gets him into situations he shouldn't be in

Abilities 90 + Skills 18 (36 ranks) + Advantages 15 + Powers 120 + Defenses 15 = 258 / 258

Comments: Grimmjow became in instant hit as a recurring nemesis for Ichigo in the Hueco Mundo Arc, with his bad boy attitude and style. As much as I hated to admit it, I like him, too. Despite being pretty straight forward as a brawler type, he’s pretty effective and in most battles he forced Ichigo to pull out his Hollow Mask to be able to take him out so I feel pretty good about his PL and abilities.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:32 pm

We've got a definite J-Mart Favorite item hitting the Aisle 8 shelves!

You want a reason ... for fighting? Why don't you just accept it already, Ichigo?! You seek out fights. You desire power. Isn't that right, Ichigo? Everyone who searches for power, without exception, searches for battle! Do you fight in order to become more powerful? Or do you want more power so you can fight? I can't tell you that. The only thing I know for sure is guys like us were born this way! We were born to fight, Ichigo! Your instincts will keep leading you toward new battles. It's the only way you have. The only way to become stronger. Fight, Ichigo! If you want the power to control your enemy, take that sword in your hand and cut him down! That's your only option! That's the road that continues in front of you and remains behind you Ichigo! - Kenpachi Zaraki

KENPACHI ZARAKI
PL: 13 (198 pts) - OPL: 13 ; DPL: 13

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 8 [10], STAMINA 12, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Athletics 2 (+10), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+15), Deception (+3), Expertise [Shinigami] 7 (+7), Expertise [Tactics] 7 (+7), Insight 7 (+9), Intimidation 10 (+13/+15) [Startle], Perception (+2), Persuasion (+3), Ranged Combat [Throwing] 3 (+5), Stealth (+2)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Benefit (2) (Status – Captain of the 11th Division), Close Attack (5), Damaging Escape*, Diehard, Fearless, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (3) (Unarmed, Zanpakuto 2), Power Attack, Startle, Takedown (2), Ultimate Effort (1) (Ultimate Toughness Check), Withstand Damage* (1)

POWERS:
Shinigami Physiology: Immunity 1 (Aging); 1 pt
Spirit Form: Concealment 10 (All Senses, Flaw: Limited [Only in human world], Permanent); 5 pts
Reiryuko (Spiritual Energy): 22 pt array; 23 pts
Reiatsu Release: Burst Area Affliction 11 (Resisted by Will; 1st: Impaired, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Area Burst [30 ft radius], Extra: Subtle, Flaw: Activation [Move Action]); 22 pts
Spiritual Awareness: Senses 8 (Spiritual Awareness [Mental, Extended], Detect Spiritual Energy [Mental, Accurate, Acute, Ranged, Extended], Enhanced Advantages 1 (Assessment); 1 pt

Hoho: 8 pt Array; 9 pts
Air Walking: Flight 4 (32 mph); 8 pts
Shunpo (Flash Steps): Speed 4 (32 mph), Leaping 4 (120 ft); 1 pt

Zanjutsu: Enhanced Dodge 2 (Flaw: Sustained), Enhanced Parry 2 (Flaw: Sustained), Enhanced Advantage 1 (Improved Defense), (Quirk: Requires sword/Zanpakuto); 3 pts
Natural Toughness: Protection 4; 4 pts
Zanpakuto: 16 pts traits, Extra: Restricted 2 [Kenpachi only], Easily Removable (-6 pts); 10 pts
Konso/Hollow Cleansing: Feature 1 (Konso allows pluses to move on to the Soul Society), Feature 1 (When destroying a Hollow, it allows them to move on to the Soul Society or Hell, depending on the life they lived); 2 pts
Shikai: Piercing/Slashing Strength-based Damage 3, Enhanced Advantage 1 (Improved Critical), (Extra: Penetrating 10); 14 pts

Eye Patch Removal: Enhanced Strength 2, Enhanced Reiatsu Release 2, Enhanced Skills 1 (Intimidation 2 ranks), Enhanced Advantages 4 (Last Stand, Luck (Recover) 3), (Flaw: Activation [Move Action]); 12 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +13 [Zanpakuto +11, Critical 17-20 ; Eye Patch Removal Zanpakuto +13, Critical 17-20]
Unarmed +15 [Unarmed +8, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +2
Throwing +5
Special Attack [Reiatsu Release +11, Area Burst; Eye Patch Removed Reiatsu Release +13, Area Burst]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +16, Fortitude +13, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Obsession: Fighting
Relationships: He will kill anyone who harms Yachiru and looks out for his squad members
Responsibility: As a Shinigami, he has the responsibiliy to purify hollows, lead pluses to the Soul Society and uphold the laws of the Gotei 13 as the Captain of Squad 11

Abilities 74 + Skills 19 (38 ranks) + Advantages 21 + Powers 69 + Defenses 15 = 198 / 198

Comments: Kenpachi Zaraki is a man who lives up to the J-Mart ideals of violence and more violence for violence’s sake. I smile every time he shows up on the show. He is the top fighting dog of the fightin’-est fighting unit in the Soul Society, Squad 11. He is the easiest Captain to build by far because he is straightforward, no-nonsense “you wanna throw down? Excellent. You get first shot but I’ll get the last shot but you better be good enough for me to put in some effort or I will make your death painful instead of quick” type of fighter.

The one thing I didn’t put in that question is something about his lack of direction sense, which is well noted, but I supposed you could just wing that as a general complication.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: J-Mart: Zombies, Grimmjow, Kenpachi

Postby Arthur Eld » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:08 am

Yeah, Zaraki. That's a nice build, Thorp. Given how crazy he, the 11th Kenpachi can be, it was really funny to find out who the first Kenpachi was.

The Bleach nerd in me has to point out that Zaraki's sword is not in the sealed form, just the opposite-its always in shikai, or initial release, like Ichigo.

Blitz
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Blitz » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:23 am

Kenpachi! So awesome.

My favorite Kenpachi moment ever is the revelation of his secret technique! Best in all of fiction. There oughta be some kind of award ceremony.

I kinda feel like a Complication is in order regarding his self-handicapping, somehow. Not sure how I'd set it up, though. He just sort of offers his opponents advantages, all the time...

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:23 am

Arthur Eld wrote:Yeah, Zaraki. That's a nice build, Thorp. Given how crazy he, the 11th Kenpachi can be, it was really funny to find out who the first Kenpachi was.

The Bleach nerd in me has to point out that Zaraki's sword is not in the sealed form, just the opposite-its always in shikai, or initial release, like Ichigo.

I didn't realize that. Minor editorial change coming up.

Blitz wrote:Kenpachi! So awesome.

My favorite Kenpachi moment ever is the revelation of his secret technique! Best in all of fiction. There oughta be some kind of award ceremony.

I kinda feel like a Complication is in order regarding his self-handicapping, somehow. Not sure how I'd set it up, though. He just sort of offers his opponents advantages, all the time...

You're right, he does like to make sure his fights are challenging, so he often offers the first shot and such. I'll try to come up with something for that.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:39 am

We've got a couple more builds for our Bleach Aisle in the stockroom. Check out this J-Mart Favorite item for Aisle 7!

You sure have a different way of getting down to business. "To announce your name and rank" is a custom taught to us when we learn how to fight. It's known as the last courtesy. If a person dies in combat, at least you get to know the name of the one that brought death to you. Third Seat of Zaraki's Division, Ikkaku Madarame. As for the lowlifes who ignore this etiquette, I simply kill them, after they know who did them in. - Ikkaku Madarame

IKKAKU MADARAME
PL: 12 (168 pts) - OPL: 12 ; DPL: 12

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 5, STAMINA 7, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE -1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 2 (+5), Athletics 6 (+11), Deception (-1), Expertise [Shinigami] 8 (+8), Insight 4 (+5), Intimidation 10 (+9) [Startle], Perception 4 (+5), Persuasion (-1), Stealth 4 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Benefit (1) (Status – 3rd Seat of Squad 11), Close Attack (6), Combat Clarity* (1), Defensive Roll (3), Diehard, Fearless, Follow-Up Strike*, Improved Critical (2) (Unarmed, Zanpakuto), Improved Hold, Improved Initiative (1), Improved Trip, Last Stand*, Luck (Recover) (1), Move-by Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack (2), Startle, Takedown (2)

POWERS:
Reiryuko (Spiritual Energy): 16 pt array; 17 pts
Reiatsu Release: Burst Area Affliction 8 (Resisted by Will; 1st: Impaired, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Area Burst [30 ft radius], Extra: Subtle, Flaw: Activation [Move Action]); 16 pts
Spiritual Awareness: Senses 8 (Spiritual Awareness [Mental, Extended], Detect Spiritual Energy [Mental, Accurate, Acute, Ranged, Extended], Enhanced Advantages 1 (Assessment); 1 pt

Zanjutsu: Enhanced Dodge 2 (Flaw: Sustained), Enhanced Parry 2 (Flaw: Sustained), Enhanced Advantage 1 (Improved Defense), (Quirk: Requires sword/Zanpakuto); 3 pts
Zanpakuto: 28 pts traits, Extra: Restricted 2 [Ikkaku only], Easily Removable (-12 pts); 18 pts
Konso/Hollow Cleansing: Feature 1 (Konso allows pluses to move on to the Soul Society), Feature 1 (When destroying a Hollow, it allows them to move on to the Soul Society or Hell, depending on the life they lived); 2 pts
Hōzukimaru: Piercing/Slashing/Bludgeoning Strength-based Damage 3, Enhanced Advantage 1 (Improved Critical), (Extra: Variable Descriptor [Bludgeoning/Piercing/Slashing], Split); 5 pts
Shikai: 8 pts traits; Flaw: Activation [Move Action], Quirk: Must say Release Name; 6 pts
Grow Hōzukimaru!: Enhanced Piercing/Slashing/Bludgeoning Strength-based Damage 0, Enhanced Advantages 1 (Improved Critical), (Extra: Multiattack [on all ranks], Reach 3 [15 ft]); 8 pts
BANKAI! 17 pts traits, Flaw: Activation [Move Action], Quirk: Must say Attack Name (Ryūmon Hōzukimaru); 15 pts
Ryūmon Hōzukimaru! Enhanced Slashing Strength-Based Damage 4, Enhanced Advantages 1 (Improved Critical), (Extra: Penetrating 10, Reach 3 [30 ft total], Split, Flaw: Inaccurate, Escalates [1 Damage rank increase per round to max]); 10 pts
Combat Focus: Enhanced Dodge 2 (Flaw: Sustained), Enhanced Parry 2 (Flaw: Sustained), Protection 2 (Flaw: Sustained), Enhanced Advantages 3 (Luck [Recover] 2, Withstand Damage); 7 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +7
Close Attack +14 [Unarmed +5; Hōzukimaru +8, Critical 18-20; Grow Hōzukimaru! +8, Critical 17-20, Multiattack]
Ranged Attack +4
Special Attack [Reiatsu Release Affliction +8, Area Burst]

BANKAI OFFENSE:
Initiative +7
Close Attack +14 [Unarmed +5]
Zanpakuto +12 [Ryūmon Hōzukimaru +12, Critical 16-20, Multiattack]
Ranged Attack +4
Special Attack [Reiatsu Release Affliction +8, Area Burst]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 (+10 with Zanjustu) [DC18/20] +8 (+10 with Zanjustu) [DC18/20]
Toughness +10, Fortitude +10, Will +10

BANKAI DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 (+12 with Zanjustu) [DC20/22] +10 (+12 with Zanjustu) [DC20/22]
Toughness +12, Fortitude +10, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Honor: Despite having near Captain level abilities, he remains the 3rd seat of his Division because he feels it is life's purpose to die fighting under the command of Captain Kenpachi Zaraki
Obsession: Fighting
Pain In The Ass: Ikkaku can be pretty rude and aggressive most of the time which cause social issues for him
Power Loss: It takes a lot of spiritual energy for Shinigami to use Bankai and Arrancar to use Resurrecion. As such, it is up to the GM to determine when and if those powers can be activated and maintaining usage of those powers can eventually lead to exhaustion and inability to utilize those powers until the users' spiritual pressure has a chance to recharge
Relationships: He will lay down his life for Captain Zaraki and his Squad 11 teammates
Responsibility: As a Shinigami, he has the responsibility to purify hollows, lead pluses to the Soul Society and uphold the laws of the Gotei 13 as the 3rd Seat of Squad 11

Abilities 50 + Skills 19 (38 ranks) + Advantages 29 + Powers 53 + Defenses 17 = 168 / 168

Comments: Ikkaku is a fun character from Bleach. Like his Captain, Kenpachi Zaraki, he lives to fight. Back in the day, when both of them were pretty much just street fighters, they fought and Kenpachi kicked his ass. Since then, Ikkaku has sworn his loyalty to him and remains his 3rd seat (since Yachiru is his Lieutenant), even though he could be a Lieutenant of just about any other squad and actually, since he has mastered his Bankai, he could probably be a Captain. But he keeps that fact hidden because he feels it is his destiny to die fighting under the command of Kenpachi and if it gets out, he will get pushed to be, or even forcibly promoted to another squad.

As a build, he was one of the quickest Bleach builds to do, much like Kenpachi. He’s a brawler and even his Bankai is pretty much just more…him. He just hits harder and is tougher to bring down and in the anime, he really doesn’t get tougher but I wanted him to hit his full caps. He’s a J-Mart type of guy all the way.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:45 am

Our last Bleach build for the moment is getting stocked on Aisle 7!

We at this moment head into the decisive battle. Have faith that our blades will not shatter. Have faith that our hearts will not waiver. And even if our paths should diverge, we all share a heart of iron. Swear that even if the ground beneath us should be rent asunder we will live and return to this place again. - Renji Abarai

RENJI ABARAI
PL: 11 (168 pts) - OPL: 11 ; DPL: 11

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 4, STAMINA 5, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Acrobatics 4 (+7), Athletics 4 (+8), Close Combat [Zanpakuto] 4 (+12), Expertise [Kido] 3 (+3), Expertise [Shinigami] 7 (+7), Insight (+1), Intimidation 6 (+6), Perception 3 (+4), Persuasion 3 (+3), Ranged Combat [Kido] 4 (+9), Ranged Combat [Hihio Zabimaru] 4 (+9), Stealth 2 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Benefit (1) (Status – Lieutenant of the 6th Division), Defensive Roll (3), Diehard, Improved Critical (1) (Zanpakuto), Improved Initiative (1), Last Stand*, Move-by Action, Ranged Attack (2), Power Attack, Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Reiryuko (Spiritual Energy): 16 pt array; 17 pts
Reiatsu Release: Burst Area Affliction 8 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Impaired, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Area Burst [30 ft radius], Extra: Subtle, Flaw: Activation [Move Action]); 16 pts
Spiritual Awareness: Senses 7 (Spiritual Awareness [Mental, Extended], Detect Spiritual Energy [Mental, Accurate, Acute, Ranged, Extended], Enhanced Advantages 1 (Assessment); 1 pt
Kido - Hado (Sokatsui): Burst Area Ranged Damage 8 (Extra: Area Burst [30 ft], Flaw: Activation [Move Action], Side Effect [if he fails his attack roll by more than one degree, he can take damage himself, Uncontrolled); 1 pt

Zanpakuto: 47 pts traits, Extra: Restricted 2 [Renji only], Easily Removable (-18 pts); 31 pts
Zabimaru: Piercing/Slashing Strength-based Damage 3, Enhanced Advantage 1 (Improved Critical); 4 pts
Shikai: 10 pt Array; Flaw: Actvation [Move Action], Quirk: Must say Release Name; 9 pts
Roar, Zabimaru!: Enhanced Piercing/Slashing Strength-Based Damage 2 (Extra: Reach 6 [30 ft], Indirect 2 [in front/behind]); 10 pts
Higa Zekkou!: Piercing/Slashing Shapeable Area Damage 9 (Extra: Area Shapeable [30 ft volume], Flaws: Side Effect [Zabimaru shattered, unable to use until Spiritual Pressure recharges]); 1 pt
BANKAI! Flaw: Activation [Move Action], Quirk: Must say Attack Name (Hihio Zabimaru!); 30 pts traits
Hihio Zabimaru! Feature 1 (Zabimaru Changes into Skeleton Lion Snake Form); 1 pt
Enhanced Defenses: Protection 4 (Flaw: Sustained); 4 pts
Hihio Zabimaru! Array: 25 pt Array; 27 pts
Hikōtsu Taihō!!!: Spirit Energy Ranged Damage 13, Flaw: Activation [Move Action]; 25 pts
Roar Zabimaru Enhancements: Enhanced Strength-Based Damage 1, Enhanced Advantages 1 (Improved Critical), (Extra: Penetrating [10], Reach 4 [50 ft total]); 1 pt
Higa Zekkou Enhancements: Enhanced Piercing/Slashing Shapeable Area Damage 2 (Extra: Enhanced Area Shapeable [60 ft total volume]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +7
Close Attack +8 [Unarmed +4]
Zanpakuto +12 [Zabimaru +7, Critical 18-20; Roar, Zabimaru +9, Critical 18-20]
Ranged Attack +5
Kido +9 [Hado +8, Area Burst]
]
Special Attack [Reiatsu Release +8, Area Burst; Higa Zekkou! +9, Shapeable Area]

BANKAI OFFENSE:
Initiative +7
Close Attack +8 [Unarmed +4]
Zanpakuto +12 [Zabimaru +7, Critical 18-20; Roar, Zabimaru +10, Critical 17-20]
Ranged Attack +5
Kido +9 [Hado +8, Area Burst]
Higa Zekko +9 [Hikōtsu Taihō!!! +13]
Special Attack [Reiatsu Release +8, Area Burst; Higa Zekkou! +11, Shapeable Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +8 (+12 with Bankai), Fortitude +9, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Power Loss: It takes a lot of spiritual energy for Shinigami to use Bankai and Arrancar to use Resurreccion. As such, it is up to the GM to determine when and if those powers can be activated and maintaining usage of those powers can eventually lead to exhaustion and inability to utilize those powers until the users' spiritual pressure has a chance to recharge
Relationships: He is very close to Rukia Kuchiki, Ikkaku Madarame and his Captain, Byakuya Kuchiki. He has become friends with Orihime, Chad, Uryu and Ichicgo (most of the time)
Responsibility: As a Shinigami, he has the responsibility to purify hollows, lead pluses to the Soul Society and uphold the laws of the Gotei 13 as the Lieutenant of Squad 6
Rivalry: Ichigo (most of the time) and Uryu (most of the time)

Abilities 48 + Skills 22 (44 ranks) + Advantages 14 + Powers 67 + Defenses 17 = 168 / 168

Comments: Renji is a fun character in Bleach. He starts out as a bit of an a-hole but he ends up growing on you when you realize his motivations and his true nature. He's the Lieutenant of Squad 6 under Byakuya Kuchiki, and a long time friend of his sister, Rukia. He and Ichigo have a good fight when the series is new, but as things progress, Ichigo blows by him in power, but Renji improves, too, after more training with Byakuya and mainly, Ikkaku.

I love his Bankai visually, with his sword turning into a baboon-headed-snake-thing that can blast and strike.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:55 pm

Check out this new item for our Fantasy Line!

I'm dreaming...of a Wight...Christmas...

WIGHT
PL: 4 (64 pts) - OPL: 4 ; DPL: 4

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA NA, AGILITY 1, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 4, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS -1, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Athletics (+3), Deception (+2), Insight (-1), Intimidation 3 (+5), Perception 2 (+1), Persuasion (+2), Stealth 7 (+8)

ADVANTAGES: Move-by Action

POWERS:
Undead Body: Protection 4; 4 pts
Undead Immunity: Immunity 35 (Fortitude Effects, Necrotic Damage [Flaw: Limited to half effect]); 33 pts
Darkvision: Senses 2 (Darkvision); 2 pts
Wight Recovery: Regeneration 1 (1/every 10 rounds); 1 pt
Claws: Slashing Strength-based Damage 1 (Extra: Incurable, Linked), Healing 1 (Extra: Linked, Flaw: Self-only); 3 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +1
Close Attack +4 [Unarmed +3; Claw +4]
Ranged Attack +0

DEFENSES:
Dodge +3 [DC13] Parry +4 [DC14]
Toughness +4, Fortitude NA, Will +3

COMPLICATIONS:
Vulnerable: Wights are vulnerable to radiant damage

Abilities 8 + Skills 6 (12 ranks) + Advantages 1 + Powers 43 + Defenses 6 = 64 / 64

Comments: Wights are good low level undead to throw at your heroes. That Incurable damage is nasty to deal with when they hit.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:59 pm

We've got another new item hitting the Aisle 8 shelves!

There's just too many ghoul puns I could make, so I'm going to show some restaint. THIS time.

GHOULS (DRESDENVERSE)
PL: 4 (46 pts) - OPL: 4 ; DPL: 4

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 3, INTELLECT -1, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE -2

SKILLS: Athletics 4 (+7), Deception (-2), Insight (+1), Intimidation 5 (+3), Perception (+1), Persuasion (-2), Stealth 3 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Close Attack (1), Diehard

POWERS:
Minor Morph: Feature 1 (You can change minor elements of your appearance, such as eye and hair color, at will. This grants you a +5 circumstance bonus to Deception checks to disguise yourself, and may qualify as a bonus to interaction checks to impress or intimidate under the right circumstances); 1 pt
Thick Hide: Protection 1; 1 pt
Inhuman Movement: Speed 1 (4 mph/60 fpr), Leaping 1 (15 ft); 2 pts
Hard to Hurt: Regeneration 5 (1/every 2 rounds); 5 pts
Ghoul Senses: Senses 3 (Low-light Vision, Scent [Acute]); 3 pts
Hardcore Carnivore: Feature 1 (Iron Stomach); 1 pt
Claws/Fangs: Strength-based Damage 1 (Extra: Split, Variable Descriptor [Piercing/Slashing]); 3 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +3 [Unarmed +3]
Ranged Attack +0

DEFENSES:
Dodge +3 [DC13] Parry +3 [DC13]
Toughness +5, Fortitude +4, Will +2

COMPLICATIONS:
Power Loss: Ghouls cannot regenerate from Critical hits or holy damage
Vulnerable: Being evil magical beings, they are vulnerable to holy effects

Abilities 20 + Skills 6 (12 ranks) + Advantages 2 + Powers 16 + Defenses 2 = 46 / 46

Comments: Instead of ghouls being undead creatures in my setting, I am using Dresdenverse style ghouls. In that universe, they are not undead, but vicious magical humanoid predators, normally employed by the “evil” side, like Red Court Vampires or evil wizards. They can appear as normal humans, hence the minor morph, but when it's time to kill, their features morph in a more ghoul-ish appearance and they show off their supernatural speed and toughness. They are not much of a challenge to Harry and his allies in small numbers, but the problem is that they usually show up in a large numbers and that makes them a real challenge.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:07 pm

We've got a GREEN LIGHT SPECIAL for Aisle 22!

When this guy trolls the boards...he REALLY trolls the boards...

Wow, boss. That...was awful...

I know, Randal, I know. I had to make up for not saying something stupid with the ghoul post. Hey, that's a good one! Like football, get it, GHOUL POST!

Oh, dear lord, STOP or I swear to god I am posting those pics TONIGHT...

I'll be good. Take the rest of the night off. My treat.

Like I was working anyway, but sure!

TROLL
PL: 7 (110 pts) - OPL: 7 ; DPL: 7

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 6, STAMINA 7, AGILITY 0, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT -2, AWARENESS -1, PRESENCE -2

SKILLS: Athletics (+6), Deception (-2), Insight (-1), Intimidation 9 (+7), Perception 8 (+7), Persuasion (-2), Ranged Combat [Throwing] 3 (+3), Stealth (+0/-3)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Fast Grab, Fearless, Languages (1) (Most speak Common, Base: Troll)

POWERS:
Troll Size: Growth 3 (+3 Str, +3 Sta, -1 Dodge/Parry, -3 Stealth, +1 Intimidation, Speed +0, +3 Mass; Extra: Innate, Permanent); 7 pts
Troll Senses: Senses 7 (Darkvision, Scent [Acute, Ranged, Extended, Tracking]); 7 pts
Troll Hide: Protection 2, Impervious 3; 8 pts
Iron Stomach: Feature 1 (Iron Stomach); 1 pt
Regeneration: Regeneration 10 (1/every round, Extra: Persistent); 20 pts
Hard to Kill: Immortality 11 (1 hour); 22 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(5 pts)
Club: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 2; 2 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +0
Close Attack +6 [Unarmed +6; Club +8]
Ranged Attack +0
Throwing +3

DEFENSES:
Dodge +3 [DC13] Parry +5 [DC15]
Toughness +9 (+3 Impervious), Fortitude +10, Will +4

COMPLICATIONS:
Power Loss: Trolls cannot regenerate damage inflicted by fire or acid damage, nor use their Immortality if their body is burned

Abilities 16 + Skills 10 (20 ranks) + Advantages 5 + Powers 65 + Defenses 14 = 110 / 110

Comments: Ah, Trolls. Gotta love ‘em. Big, dumb, and nigh unkillable. A low level parties' nightmare. I always like to make the players roll a high DC check if their characters are low level to see if they know about the fire stuff, since pretty much all the regular players know the deal, but their characters should not.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:21 pm

We're kicking off a HELLUVA SPECIAL with this new item for our Fantasy Aisle!

I wanna Vrock!

VROCK
PL: 9 (178 pts) - OPL: 9 ; DPL: 9

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 6, STAMINA 5, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Athletics 2 (+8), Close Combat [Claws] 2 (+10), Deception (+3), Expertise [Arcane Lore] 5 (+7), Expertise [Magic] 3 (+5), Insight (+3), Intimidation 6 (+9/+10), Perception 8 (+11), Persuasion (+3), Stealth 4 (+6/+4)

ADVANTAGES: Favored Environment (Flying), Improved Initiative (1), Languages (1) (Common, 1 other, Base: Abyssal), Move-by Action, Power Attack, Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Vrock Size: Growth 2 (+2 Str, +2 Sta, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth, +1 Intimidation, Speed +0, +2 Mass; Extra: Innate); 5 pts
Unholy Creature: Feature 1 (All attacks have Unholy descriptor); 1 pts
Demonic Toughness: Protection 5, Impervious 5, Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds); 17 pts
Demonic Immunities: Immunity 20 (Aging, Sleep, Poison, Starvation and Thirst, Disease [Flaw: Limited to half effect], Acid Damage [Flaw: Limited to half effect], Electricity Damage [Flaw: Limited to half effect], Heat/Fire Effects [Flaw: Limited to half effect]); 20 pts
Demonic Senses: Senses 4 (Normal Vision [Extended], Normal Hearing [Extended], Darkvision); 4 pts
Wings: Flight 2 (8 mph/120 fpr; Flaw: Wings); 2 pts
Claws: Strength-based Damage 2 (Extra: Penetrating 5, Split); 8 pts
Flyby Attack: Enhanced Advantages 2 (Favored Environment [Flying], Move-by Action; Flaw: Limited to when flying); 1 pts
Stunning Screech: Burst Area Affliction 8 (Resisted/Overcome by Fortitude, 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Flaw: Limited to two degrees); 8 pts
Spores of Madness: Burst Area Reaction Poison Damage 6 (Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Linked [Affliction], Reaction [when Vrock takes 3 1st, 2 2nd or 1 3rd degree damage failures], Flaw: Limited to when Vrock takes 3 1st, 2 2nd or 1 3rd degree damage failures), Burst Area Reaction Affliction 6 (Resisted/Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed, Extra: Burst Area [30 ft], Reaction [when Vrock takes 3 1st, 2 2nd or 1 3rd degree damage failures], Flaw: Limited to one degree, Limited to when Vrock takes 3 1st, 2 2nd or 1 3rd degree damage failures); 24 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +8 [Unarmed +6]
Claws +10 [Claws +8]
Ranged Attack +2
Special Attack [Stunning Screech Affliction +8, Burst Area; Spores of Madness +6, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +7 [DC17] Parry +8 [DC18]
Toughness +10 (+5 Impervious), Fortitude +8, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Angels, Holy Warrior, Celestial beings
Obsession: Causing as much death and destruction as they can
Power Loss: Demons lose their Impervious Toughness against Holy attacks
Rivalry: Most other demons
Vulnerable: Demons are vulnerable against holy effects and in holy locations
Weakness: Demons can be bound by invoking their true name. They also lose their immunities against and cannot use their powers against someone who has invoked their real name

Abilities 54 + Skills 15 (30 ranks) + Advantages 4 + Powers 90 + Defenses 15 = 178 / 178

Comments: I was going to do a big writeup before I started a demon run for my fantasy setting, but lost my writing mojo for the moment and decided to just start posting the builds. As I stated in an earlier post, there are no devils in the Gloriant setting, or rather, all of demons and devils have been combined into one "race" and I'll generally be calling of them demons. Most are inspired by D&D demons/devils, but I plan on working a few of my own over time.

I had to start out with Vrocks because they hold a special place in my heart. My original DM threw them at us all the time. He LOVED them. Once we got to be about 5th level in 1st edition, we fought Vrocks all the frickin' time. I hated them then, but as I get older and long for the days of my youth, I know look at them fondly. Go fig.

I am trying to stick with a pretty standard format for my demons, keeping the same immunities, senses and such, and just adding their specific powers. I will pump up the higher level demons and demon lords in some areas, but for the most part, their complications will be the same.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:31 pm

We've still got one HELLUVA SPECIAL going tonight!

Now these guys are what J-Mart is all about!

CARNAGE DEMON
PL: 6 (76 pts) - OPL: 6 ; DPL: 6

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 5, STAMINA 5, AGILITY 1, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 4, INTELLECT -2, AWARENESS 0, PRESENCE -2

SKILLS: Athletics (+5), Deception (-2), Intimidation 6 (+4), Perception 4 (+4), Persuasion (-2), Stealth (+1)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Close Attack (2), Languages (1) (Common, 1 other, Base: Abyssal)

POWERS:
Unholy Creature: Feature 1 (All attacks have Unholy descriptor); 1 pts
Demonic Toughness: Protection 2, Impervious 3, Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds); 10 pts
Demonic Immunities: Immunity 20 (Aging, Sleep, Poison, Starvation and Thirst, Disease [Flaw: Limited to half effect], Acid Damage [Flaw: Limited to half effect], Electricity Damage [Flaw: Limited to half effect], Heat/Fire Effects [Flaw: Limited to half effect]); 20 pts
Demonic Senses: Senses 4 (Normal Vision [Extended], Normal Hearing [Extended], Darkvision); 4 pts
Claws: Slashing Strength-based Damage 1 (Extra: Split); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +1
Close Attack +6 [Unarmed +5; Claws +6]
Ranged Attack +0

DEFENSES:
Dodge +4 [DC14] Parry +5 [DC15]
Toughness +7 (+2 Impervious), Fortitude +7, Will +2

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Angels, Holy Warrior, Celestial beings
Obsession: Causing as much death and destruction as they can
Power Loss: Demons lose their Impervious Toughness against Holy attacks
Rivalry: Most other demons
Vulnerable: Demons are vulnerable against holy effects and in holy locations
Weakness: Demons can be bound by invoking their true name. They also lose their immunities against and cannot use their powers against someone who has invoked their real name

Abilities 22 + Skills 5 (10 ranks) + Advantages 4 + Powers 37 + Defenses 8 = 76 / 76

Comments: Carnage demons are exactly as they are named. They attack without hesitation and live to wreak havoc. They pretty unpredictable and hard to control, even occasionally turning on their summoner, or breaking ranks in demon hordes.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

scc
Zealot
Zealot

Re: J-Mart: Bleach stuff, Wight, Ghoul, Troll, Demons

Postby scc » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:28 pm

Awesome stuff Thorp! Looking forward to more demons. Really like the Vrock. Though I thought your quote would be "You smell what the Vrock is cooking!" :lol:

Return to “Roll Call”