J-Mart: Preparing for Relocation... :)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Re: J-Mart: Nathan Shepherd, Tony Chu, Thorpacoverse Stuff

Post by Thorpacolypse » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:44 pm

Horsenhero wrote: I hope you know I'm just joshin'. Your work is pretty incredible and the sheer volume of it...holy cheezits!
I didn't take it too seriously, believe me. I never take much of anything seriously, it's a bit of a character flaw sometimes, especially where the Mrs. Thorpacolypse is concerned. 8)
scc wrote:Really cool setting Thorp. I like it. You are right about the Wonder Woman comic it is really good. I am not a fan of the art style however. If it had better art it would be right up there with Aquaman. No smiley face I am serious. Aquaman rocks!
Thanks, scc. I picked up the WW book on a whim when they rebooted the DCU and I was hooked by issue 2. I think the reason I like it is because it is does remind me a lot of the Incredible Hercules book which I loved, so the connection between those two in my setting was a no-brainer to me.

And I love Aquaman, too, so don't be ashamed. You all know I've been defending him for years and Johns' run on that book is vindication. It's one of the best books going IMHO and I really never though I'd say that about Aquaman's book, even as much as I am a fanboy. I'll have to pick up Johns' Vibe book to see if his touch remain Midas. :)
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Post by Thorpacolypse » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:10 pm

We had a long fantasy build run, then some setting stuff. Now it's time to get back to the comic builds we all know and love. And I think the best way to kick that off is another round of the greatest J-Mart tradition. So for a VALENTINE'S DAY SPECIAL, cuddle up with the one you love (for most of us, that means our laptops or tablets :wink: ) and get ready for LADIES' NIGHT!

Ooo, water controlling giggity...

RIPTIDE
PL: 10 (129 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 8

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 0, STAMINA 1, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 4, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 4 (+7), Athletics 3 (+3), Deception 3 (+5), Expertise [Modeling] 5 (+5), Insight (+1), Intimidation (+2), Perception 4 (+5), Persuasion 5 (+7), Ranged Combat [Water Control] 5 (+8), Stealth 3 (+6)

ADVANTAGES: Attractive (1), Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (3), Equipment (1), Teamwork

POWERS:
Water Sponge: Feature 1 (Undo any water damage caused by your powers at will, similar to the Reversible modifier); 1 pt
Waterproof: Immunity 13 (Water Effects, Cold, Suffocation [Drowning], Pressure); 13 pts
Water Control: 30 pt Array; 37 pts
Dousing: Nullify Water-Soluble Effects 10 (Extra: Broad, Simultaneous); 30 pts
Wall of Water: Create 10 (Barrier, Flaw: Limited [to Walls]); 1 pt
Water Shapes: Create 10 (Water Shapes); 1 pt
Mist: Environment 3 (120 ft area; Limited Visibility); 1 pt
Water Blast: Water Ranged Damage 12; 1 pt
Hydrokinesis: Perception Range Move Object 10 (Extra: Range [Perception], Flaw: Limited [to Water]); 1 pt
Blinding Splash: Ranged Affliction 12 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Impaired, 2nd: Disabled, 3rd: Unaware, Extra: Cumulative, Flaw: Limited [to Vision]); 1 pts
Water Cannon: Line Area Affliction 10 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Prone, Extra: Line Area [60 ft line], Cumulative, Flaw: Limited [to two degrees]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(5ep)
Justice League Communicard: Senses 2 (Communication Link [Radio, Justice League Members), GPS, Feature 1 (Watchtower/Avengers Mansion Access), Benefit 1 (Justice League Status); 5ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +4
Ranged Attack +3
Water Control +8 [Water Blast +12; Blinding Splash Affliction +12; Water Shapes +10; Water Wall +10]
Special Attack [Water Cannon Affliction +10, Area Line; Hydrokinesis +10, Perception]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +4, Fortitude +6, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
Fame: As a member of Youngblood and mainly for being the first superheroine to pose nude in a men's magazine
Power Loss: She needs access to water to use her powers

Abilities 28 + Skills 16 (32 ranks) + Advantages 7 + Powers 51 + Defenses 27 = 129 / 129

Comments: Riptide was an original member of Youngblood but she got whacked fairly early on. Amazingly enough, she has never been resurrected. That amazes me.

Anyway, she’s a water controlling hottie whose claim to fame was being the first superheroine to pose nude in the men’s magazine. As such, she is not dead in the Thorpacoverse or does she generally play the superhero game anymore but she is a reserve member of the Justice League who has been called on from time to time assist with big time events.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: #124

Post by Thorpacolypse » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:17 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:Our DC Line continues with this J-Mart Favorite item.

Then YOU come down here and do it! You come down here and choose who lives and who dies! Get down here in the dirt with the rest of us! Climb down out of Olympus or wherever the hell you're hiding and DO SOMENTHING! - Wonder Woman

WONDER WOMAN
PL: 14 (263 pts) - OPL: 14 ; DPL: 14

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 13, STAMINA 13, AGILITY 6, DEXTERITY 7, FIGHTING 13, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 5

SKILLS: Acrobatics 9 (+15), Athletics 7 (+20), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+15), Deception (+5/+7) [Attractive], Expertise [Mythology] 8 (+11), Expertise [Tactics] 7 (+10), Insight 8 (+13), Intimidation (+5), Investigation 4 (+7), Perception 8 (+13), Persuasion 6 (+11/+13) [Attractive], Ranged Combat [Lasso] 2 (+14), Stealth 2 (+8), Vehicles 5 (+12)

ADVANTAGES: Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Animal Empathy, Attractive (1), Benefit (2) (Status 2 - Princess of Themiscrya), Equipment (8), Improved Critical 2 (Unarmed 2), Improved Hold, Improved Initiative (1), Languages (2) (English, Ancient Greek, French, 2 others, Base: Themiscyran), Leadership, Power Attack, Ranged Attack (5), Takedown (1)

ENHANCED ADVANTAGES (FORTITUDE OF GAIA): Diehard, Great Endurance

ENHANCED ADVANTAGES (BRACERS OF AEGIS): Improved Defense, Weapon Break

POWERS:
Amazonian Physique: Protection 1, Senses 2 (Normal Vision [Extended], Normal Hearing [Extended]), Immunity 2 (Disease [Limited], Poison [Limited]); 4 pts
Hera, Give me Strength!: Enhanced Strength 1 (400 Tons, Flaw: Limited to Lifting); 1 pt
Quick Change: Feature 1 (Quick Change into Wonder Woman from Diana Prince and vice versa); 1 pt
Fortitude of Gaia: Enhanced Advantages 2 (see Advantages), Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds; Flaw: Limited [must be touching the ground]); 3 pts
Speed of Hermes: Speed 6 (120 mph), Leaping 5 (250 ft); 11 pts
Bracers of Aegis: 16 pts traits, Removable (-3 pts); 13 pts
Enhanced Defenses: Enhanced Dodge 1, Enhanced Parry 1, Enhanced Advantages 2 (see Advantages), Impervious 5 (Flaw: Sustained); 14 pts
Twin Sword Creation: Piercing/Slashing Strength-based Damage 2, Enhanced Advantage 1 (Improved Critical) (Extra: Split, Flaw: Easily Removable [-2 pts]); 2 pts

Magic Lasso: 35 pts traits, Easily Removable (–14 points); 21 pts
Lasso Snare: Move Object 14 (Extra: Linked [Affliction]), Lasso of Truth: Ranged Affliction 14 (Resisted/Overcome by Will; 1st: Compelled, Extra: Linked [Move Object], Flaws: Limited to One Agree, Limited to one effect [Telling the Truth]); 35 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(40ep)
Justice League Communicard: Senses 2 (Communication Link [Radio, Justice League Members), GPS, Feature 1 (Watchtower/Avengers Mansion Access), Benefit 1 (Justice League Status); 5ep
Invisible Jet: (35ep)
Size - Huge, STR - 20, DEF - 0, TOUGH - 11; Features: Concealment 2 (visual), Flight 11 (4000 mph)

OFFENSE:
Initiative +10
Close Attack +13 [Twin Swords +15, Critical 19-20]
Unarmed +15 [Unarmed +13, Critical 18-20]
Ranged Attack +12
Lasso +14 [Lasso Move Object +14, Lasso Affliction +14]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +14 [DC24] Parry +14 [DC24]
Toughness +14 (+5 Impervious), Fortitude +13, Will +15

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Circe, Cheetah, Mongal, Superia
Secret Identity: In her Diana Prince identity, Wonder Woman has no powers and the abilities of an ordinary (if athletic and skilled) woman. Her Str and Sta are 3 and her DEX and AGL are 4
Relationships: Her mother, Hippolyta, Donna Troy, Cassie Sandsmark, Batman and Superman
Responsibility: To Themiscrya and to protect the world, mainly from Olympian/Mythological threats
Rivalry: Thundra and most of the time, Jenny Sparks

Abilities 130 + Skills 34 (68 ranks) + Advantages 34 + Powers 48 + Defenses 17 = 263 / 263

Comments: My take on Diana for this combined setting. She’s a powerful PL14, right in line with the other top tier paragons/powerhouses in the setting. She can lift the Class 100 amount but is far more accurate in melee than Superman or Thor. Befitting the “greatest melee fighter in the world” as Batman as stated in JLA, she can alter her caps to be +20 to hit or +18 to damage. I am even toying with giving her a couple of ranks of Improved Crit for unarmed to make her even more dangerous…

In my setting Diana has been sent to the western world to be an ambassador for the Amazon Nation as well as to help protect them from some of the creatures and “gods” from Greek myth (which have turned out to be not so much myth after all). She has become a vital member of the superhero community and in her secret identity of Diana Prince, she has become a high ranking member of SHIELD, with only Waller, Fury and Steadman knowing her dual identity. She has a long running rivalry with Colonel Jennifer Sparks of MI-13/Justice League International due to a misunderstanding some years ago (they are both kind of in the wrong, but not even Batman has the guts to tell them) and with Thundra, who is the leader of the Amazons in an alternate future who is stuck here in this time along with her daughter Lyra (and mother and daughter don’t see eye to eye either, but more on that when they get posted). She is very close to Superman, Batman and Captain America, and she is like a sister to Donna Troy, Cassandra Sandsmark (Wonder Girl) and Janet Van Dyne. She has also forged a strong bond with Hercules, who performs a similar role as protector of humanity against the forces of evil and has become almost a mother (she says big sister) to his sidekick Amadeus Cho.

While currently single, Tony Stark’s constant advances seem to finally either be working or just wearing her down since she kinda sorta agreed to go to dinner with him. But Janet constantly ribs her about having a crush on Batman.

Clean Up 4/4/12: Quick fixes to Diana while I was working on some upcoming Amazon builds.

Clean Up 2/14/13: Some more tweaks to Diana with some DCnU adjustments.
Since I was working up this round of LADIES' NIGHT, I figured I'd take a look at Diana again. I made some tweaks to her bracers based on her new book where Hephaestus had apparently hidden more tricks in her equipment than she knows, and now she can produce a couple of short swords from them, which is pretty cool.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: #201

Post by Thorpacolypse » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:27 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:The bad girls keep on coming during this LADIES' NIGHT run!

Granted, this is hardcore, but come on...if you were married to Crusher Creel, you'd be angry and vindictive, too.

TITANIA
PL: 12 (134 pts) - OPL: 12 ; DPL: 12

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 14, STAMINA 12, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 1, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Athletics 2 (+16), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+10), Deception 3 (+5/+7) [Attractive], Expertise [Criminal] 4 (+5), Insight (+1), Intimidation 8 (+10), Perception 3 (+4), Persuasion (+2/+4) [Attractive], Stealth (+2)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Attractive (1), Chokehold, Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Improved Smash, Power Attack

POWERS:
Titania Enhancements: Feature 2 (Increased Mass 2), Protection 2, Impervious 5, Leaping 1 (15 ft), Immunity 3 [Pressure, Environmental Heat, Environmental Cold]); 18 pts
Super Strength Array: Alternate Effects of Strength; 3 pts
Groundstrike: Line Area Force Damage 11 (Extras: Line Area 2 [60 ft], Flaws: Distracting, Limited [Titania must be on the ground, targets must be on the ground]); 1 pt
Shockwave: Burst Area Affliction 11 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed and Vulnerable, 2nd: Stunned and Prone, Extra: Area Burst [30 ft radius], Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited to two degrees, Limited [Titania must be on the ground, targets must be on the ground]); 1 pt
Thunderclap: Burst Area Affliction 11 (Resisted/Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Stunned, Extra: Area Burst [30 ft radius], Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited to two degrees, Distracting); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +8
Unarmed +10 [Unarmed +14]
Ranged Attack +1
Special Attack [Groundstrike +11, Area Line ; Shockwave Affliction +11, Area Burst; Thunderclap Affliction +11, Area Burst]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 [DC18] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +14 (+5 Impervious), Fortitude +13, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:
Arrogance: Titania's enhancements have made her supremely confident in power which can be exploited
Hatred: She-Hulk
Inferiority Complex: Being picked on all her life and being dreadfully insecure as Skeeter, having that brought up causes a -2 circumstance bonus for her to resist Deception/Taunt attempts against her
Normal Identity: She has a normal identity of Mary "Skeeter" McPheran without her powers, and if they are removed, her stats change to STR 2, STA 2, PRE 0, Relationships: She's married to Crusher Creel, the Absorbing Man

Abilities 82 + Skills 11 (22 ranks) + Advantages 7 + Powers 21 + Defenses 13 = 134 / 134

Comments: Titania is She-Hulk's archenemy and a fine brick to throw at your heroes. With her mix of power and hotness (at least me and Absorbing Man think so), she can take a group of PL10 heroes off their game pretty quick.

Clean Up 2/14/13: Titania gets a reworking to pump her up to PL12.
This is a LADIES' NIGHT redux, with a Titania makeover. I'm going to be remodeling several of my villain builds to pump them up a bit, making them better challenges for my heroes.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:30 pm

LADIES' NIGHT continues with this new item!

Leave it to Adam Hughes to take Lara Croft and maker her HOTTER.

LARA CROFT
PL: 8 (150 pts) - OPL: 8 ; DPL: 8

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 8 (+12) [Agile Feint, Skill Mastery], Athletics 11 (+13), Deception 5 (+7/+9) [Attractive], Expertise [Archeology] 9 (+11), Expertise [History] 9 (+11), Insight 4 (+7), Intimidation (+2), Investigation 8 (+10), Perception 7 (+10), Persuasion 5 (+7/+9) [Attractive, Connected], Ranged Combat [Well-Informed] [Guns] 2 (+12), Sleight of Hand (+4), Stealth 7 (+11), Technology 3 (+5), Treatment (+2), Vehicles 4 (+8)

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, Attractive (1), Benefit (2) (Wealth 2 [Independently Wealthy]), Close Attack (2), Connected, Defensive Roll (3), Equipment (8), Evasion (1), Improved Aim, Improved Critical (1) (Guns), Improved Initiative (1), Jack-of-all-Trades, Languages (3) (Latin, Hindi, French, Spanish, Swahili, 5 others, Base: English), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (6), Skill Mastery (1) (Acrobatics), Takedown (1), Well-Informed

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(40ep)
Flashlight: Feature 1 (Illumination); 1ep
Climber's Kit: Feature 1 (+2 Climb Checks); 1ep
GPS Receiver: Feature 2 (+5 Navigation Checks [Outdoors only], Waterproof); 2ep
Cell Phone, Standard: Feature 2 (Cellular Communication, Waterproof); 2ep
Knife: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Critical 19-20; 2ep
Heavy Machine Pistol: Ballistic Ranged Damage 4, Extra: Multiattack, Split; 13ep
Croft Manor: (17ep)
Size - Huge, Tough - 10, Features (Communications, Computer, Dock, Garage, Gym, Hangar, Infirmary, Library, Living Space, Power System, Security System, Workshop); 17 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8
Close Attack +12 [Unarmed +2; Dagger +3, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +10 Guns +12 [Twin Pistols +4, Critical 19-20, Multiattack]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +11 [DC21] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +5, Fortitude +6, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: She's made a few over the years
Motivation: Tomb Raiding, of course
Relationships: Her father

Abilities 58 + Skills 41 (82 ranks) + Advantages 36 + Powers 0 + Defenses 15 = 150 / 150

Comments: I loved the original Tomb Raider games, then I kinda quit playing them and I’ve never picked them up again. But I have heard good things about the latest games so maybe I’ll jump back in. Regardless, Lara has always been a fave and not just for her…guns. Despite the over the top physical portrayals of her in her original incarnation, she was a good character overall and the years have been kind to her in regards to her characterization. I’m willing to bet that her movie franchise isn’t totally dead, either, since the movies did pretty well at the box office, even if they are not cinematic masterpieces by any stretch.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: J-Mart: Nathan Shepherd, Tony Chu

Post by Thorpacolypse » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:39 pm

Wordmaker wrote:I'm curious how Spidey would react to someone like Nathan Shepherd, especially considering how important Nathan's connection to New York is going to become in the rest of the series. :D
I think he'd be fine with him. Spidey has never been involved in a lot of mystical stuff, at least to my knowledge. Some of that was inferred in The Other storyline and I guess Madame Web has a bit of that connection, for most of his 60+ years, Spidey has been more about science.

However, if you'd like to whip something up with a little crossover with them...wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more... :wink: 8) :wink:

If Nathan were to show up in Chicago, however, things might be different.
Shop J-Mart!

Wordmaker
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: J-Mart: Thorpacoverse, LADIES' NIGHT - Riptide, Lara Cro

Post by Wordmaker » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:32 am

Nathan Shepherd and Harry Dresden? Jeez, there's a recipe for mayhem...

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:29 pm

LADIES' NIGHT continues with this J-Mart Favorite item for Aisle 2!

*sniff* They group up so fast...*sniff*...Drax would be SO proud...*sniff*

CAMMI
PL: 8 (148 pts) - OPL: 8 ; DPL: 8

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 5 (+9), Athletics 7 (+9), Close Combat [Unarmed] 4 (+12), Deception 9 (+10) [Taunt], Expertise [Cosmic Lore] 4 (+5), Expertise [Criminal] 6 (+7), Expertise [Survival] 12 (+13), Expertise [Tactics] 9 (+10), Insight 7 (+10), Intimidation 6 (+7), Investigation 4 (+5), Perception 4 (+7), Persuasion 6 (+7), Ranged Combat [Guns] 4 (+9), Sleight of Hand 5 (+8), Stealth 7 (+11), Technology 4 (+5), Vehicles 3 (+6)

ADVANTAGES: Beginner's Luck, Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (10), Improved Initiative (1), Improvised Tools, Improvised Weapon (1), Jack-of-all-Trades, Languages (2) (5 alien languages, Base: English), Luck (Heroic Feat) (1), Luck (Improve Roll) (1), Ranged Attack (2), Redirect, Set-Up (1), Takedown (1), Taunt, Teamwork

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(50ep)
Space Suit: Protection 2, Senses 1 (Infravision), Immunity 7 (All Environmental Conditions, Suffocation [Breathing], Disease); 10ep
Jet Pack: Flight 7 (250 mph); 14ep
Blaster Pistol: Energy Ranged Damage 5; Range 125ft, Small; 10ep
2ep as needed for situation
Arsenal: (23ep)
Alien Anti-personnel Land Mines: Burst Area Damage 8, Penetrating 5 (Extra: Area Burst [30 ft radius], Triggered); 22ep
Fragmentation Grenades: Ballistic Damage 5, Extra: Ranged Area Burst (30 ft radius); 1ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8
Close Attack +8
Unarmed +12 [Unarmed +2]
Ranged Attack +5
Guns +9 [Blaster Pistol +5]
Special Attack [Frag Grenades +5, Area Burst; Anti-personnel Mines +8, Area Burst]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +6, Fortitude +6, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Bitch: Cammi had a hard life before she went into the stars with Drax and it's stayed hard. And so has she…
Motivation: NOT going back to Earth, especially Coon's Bluff, AK
Relationships: She had a big brother-little sister thing with Drax the Destroyer for a while, and she was also paired up with Skreet for bit, too
Wanted: Being an intergalactic outlaw, she is wanted for suspicion of crimes in several worlds across the galaxy

Abilities 48 + Skills 53 (106 ranks) + Advantages 28 + Powers 0 + Defenses 19 = 148 / 148

Comments: I will completely admit that I probably went a bit overboard on this build, but I don’t care. I love Cammi. I thought she was great when she was first introduced in Drax: Earthfall, one of the preludes to Annihilation. Drax, Paibok the Power Skrull, Lunatik and The Blood Brothers escaped from a prison ship and crash landed on Earth near her hometown Coon’s Bluff, Alaska. The others enslaved the populace, killed Drax, but Cammi and some friends escaped. She claimed Drax’s body, pretty much just…because, and so when he reincarnated into his Kratos-style body, she became his sidekick, and went off world with him after he took out the other bad guys. Her mother was killed during the whole alien thing, I don’t remember what happened to her dad, and her life up until that point had been pretty crappy, so she figured space was a far better option than staying in nowheresville, Alaska.

She hung out with him all through Annihilation until near the end when Drax went off to kill Thanos. She was shown near the end of the book with Skreet, who I guess found a kindred, mouthy, chaotic spirit in her. Drax tried to find her while he was with the Guardians of the Galaxy, but never did, and then he got offed again by a resurrected Thanos. We didn’t hear from her again until the new Avengers Arena book and man, she has changed.

After the whole Annihilation thing, she ended up pretty much having to fend for herself and she became an intergalactic criminal, pulling off all kinds of jobs across the galaxy for the past 18 months or so and she was eventually captured by SWORD. Abigail Brand was going to let her go, but Arcade took her somehow and she ended up having to fight for her life with a bunch of Marvel’s other teen heroes in Arcade’s new Murderworld. She has been acquitting herself well, showing off some impressive fighting skills, but most importantly, she’s battle tested, knowing how to set traps, using landmines to her advantage and showing her well-honed manipulation skills, which she's seemingly had all her life. She was probably a PL2-ish kid sidekick before this, now she’s like Robin level. It will be interesting to see how she ends up in the series, but I’m glad the writers liked her as much I did and brought her back.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:40 pm

The LADIES' NIGHT keeps on rolling with this new item for Aisle 2!

I know it's hard to believe, but she was created in the 90's...

SKREET
PL: 12 (225 pts) - OPL: 12 ; DPL: 12

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 8, STAMINA 10, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 4, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 6 (+10), Athletics (+8), Close Combat [Unarmed] 4 (+12), Deception 8 (+9) [Taunt], Expertise [Cosmic Lore] 15 (+15), Insight (+1), Intimidation (+1), Perception 4 (+5), Persuasion 6 (+7), Ranged Combat [Plasma] 8 (+10), Stealth (+4), Technology 5 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Close Attack (4), Diehard, Favored Environment (Flying), Move-by Action, Redirect, Set-Up (1), Taunt

POWERS:
Chaos Mite Size: Shrinking 16 (-4 Str, +8 Dodge/Parry, +16 Stealth, -8 Intimidation, Speed -4, -4 Mass; Extra: Innate, Permanent); 33 pts
Chaos Mite Physique: Protection 2, Immunity 15 (Life Support, Slam Attack Damage); 17 pts
Immortality: Immunity 1 (Aging), Regeneration 5 (1/every other round); 6 pts
Space Flight: Flight 10 (2000 mph), Movement 1 (Space Travel 2); 24 pts
Plasma Control: Ranged Damage 14; 28 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +4
Close Attack +8
Unarmed +12 [Unarmed +8]
Ranged Attack +2
Plasma +10 [Plasma Blast +14]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +12, Fortitude +12, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Blabbermouth: Skreet has a tendency to keep talking when she shouldn't
Enemy: She's not a fan of a lot of the old cosmic gods, like Tenebrous, Aegis and Galactus
Follower: Skreet never really ventures out on her own, she is always teamed up with someone
Foul Mouthed: Skreet does not hesitate to let some cosmic cuss words fly
Motivation: She's a Chaos Mite, so she loves chaos
Relationships: She was originally teamed up with Lunatik, then Thanos and now she is close to Cammi

Abilities 68 + Skills 28 (56 ranks) + Advantages 10 + Powers 108 + Defenses 11 = 225 / 225

Comments: Skreet was another interesting revival during Annihilation. In the 90’s, when Marvel decided to poke fun at Lobo, they created Lunatik, who was an obvious parody. Skreet was his sidekick, sitting on his shoulder, making wisecracks and providing a little fairy fanservice.

She wasn’t heard from again for ages, then she showed up sitting on Thanos’ shoulder during Annihilation. Come to find out, she was Chaos Mite, one of the oldest forms of life in the universe and being quite powerful for a 4” little mouthy sprite. She even held her own with The Fallen One for a little bit. After Thanos met his temporary end, she ended up with Cammi. Cammi has shown up again, Skreet has not. That’s probably for the best...

I do like them her and Cammi as a team in the Cosmic Thorpacoverse, so that's where they'll go for now.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:51 pm

We've got a BLACK LIGHT SPECIAL for this next item here on LADIES' NIGHT!

Don't knock them. In my line of work, where you look for every distraction you can get, these tend to come in handy. And since this costume lacks pockets, where else would I hide all my tools? - Black Cat

BLACK CAT
PL: 9 (169 pts) - OPL: 9 ; DPL: 9

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2 [4] STAMINA 3, AGILITY 5 [7], DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Acrobatics 9 (+16) [Agile Feint], Athletics 8 (+12), Close Combat [Claws] 2 (+12), Deception 7 (+10/+15) [Attractive, Daze, Fascinate, Taunt], Expertise [Burglary] 8 (+10) [Skill Mastery], Insight 7 (+10), Intimidation (+3), Investigation 3 (+5), Perception 5 (+8), Persuasion 4 (+7), Sleight of Hand 7 (+12), Stealth 6 (+13) [Hide in Plain Sight], Technology 5 (+7), Vehicles 1 (+6)

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, Attractive (2), Close Attack (2), Daze (1) (Deception), Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (1), Evasion (1), Fascinate (1) (Deception), Grabbing Finesse, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Critical (1) (Claws), Improved Initiative (1), Languages (1) (French, 1 other, Base: English), Move-by Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack (2), Skill Mastery (1) (Expertise [Burglary]), Takedown (1), Taunt, Uncanny Dodge

POWERS:
Bad Luck Control: Enhanced Advantages 3 (Luck [Improve Roll]), Luck Control 2 (You can spend one of your hero point or uses of the Luck advantage to negate someone else’s use of a hero point, use of their Luck advantage, or a GM-imposed complication, You can spend a hero point or use Luck to force someone else to re-roll a die roll and take the worse of the two rolls; Extra: Area Burst [30 ft radius], Selective); 15 pts
Black Cat Suit: 19 pts, Removable (-4 pts); 15 pts
Padded Leather: Protection 1; 1 pt
Cat-like Enhancements: Enhanced Strength 2, Enhanced Agility 2, Speed 3 (16 mph); 11 pts
Retractable Claws: Slashing Strength-based Damage 2 (Extra: Split), Movement 1 (Wall-Crawling); 5 pts
Night Vision Mask: Senses 2 (Infravision, Low-light Vision); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(5ep)
5ep for job specific EQ (Lock picks, spray powder, etc.)

OFFENSE:
Initiative +11
Close Attack +10 [Unarmed +4]
Claws +12 [Claws +6, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +7

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +6, Fortitude +7, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
Relationships: She fell in love with Spider-Man a while back and still regrets the end of their relationship
Thrills: Although she generally fights crime, she still loves the thrill of being a thief and oftentimes slides back into her old ways

Abilities 62 + Skills 36 (72 ranks) + Advantages 25 + Powers 28 + Defenses 18 = 169 / 169

Comments: Can’t go wrong with one of Marvel’s queens of fanservice, Felicia Hardy, the Black Cat. I didn’t really think much of her other than being a Selina Kyle rip-off until the Kevin Smith written Spider-Man arc, The Evil that Men Do. It was really good and dealt with a really tough subject extremely well and showed her as more than a sex kitten anti-hero.

I wasn't for sure that I wanted to throw in her Bad Luck stuff, but I did. I'm not sure on Luck Control being the best representation, but I can always change it.
Shop J-Mart!

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: J-Mart: LADIES' NIGHT - Lara Croft, Cammi, Skreet, Black

Post by Horsenhero » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:17 pm

Nice builds...especially Black Cat...yummy.

As usual, as one of the boards resident old guys and lover of D-list characters, I thought I'd throw in a tiny continuity correction. Lunatik was created in the 1970's...can you believe it? Granted, they've changed his look drastically, but he was a long time Defenders foe, vanishing for 20 odd years, before showing up again in Annihilation. Just a tiny fyi.

Goldar
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Goldar » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:35 pm

Horsenhero wrote:Nice builds...especially Black Cat...yummy.

As usual, as one of the boards resident old guys and lover of D-list characters, I thought I'd throw in a tiny continuity correction. Lunatik was created in the 1970's...can you believe it? Granted, they've changed his look drastically, but he was a long time Defenders foe, vanishing for 20 odd years, before showing up again in Annihilation. Just a tiny fyi.
Yeah I was wondering if the 90's version of Lunatik mentioned was the same one from the 70's or another character altogether. I remember when Lunatik appeared initially as a Valkyrie foe, then later as Defenders foe. He didn't appear to be too powerful in the beginning, but Val had a hard time with him for some reason. He even managed to lop off part of one of her ponytails with her own sword!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:11 pm

I sit corrected. So they just tweaked him into a Lobo pastiche. Makes sense. In Earthfall, he was a just a kinda weird regenerating brawler type, and that was all I knew of him until I hit the Wikis. I'll have to put him on the short list for a write-up.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:49 pm

We've got a few more items for LADIES' NIGHT so we'll keep it going with this new one!

Hello, hero. This is control. Are you for hire tonight? - Misty Knight

MISTY KNIGHT
PL: 10 (142 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 4, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 4 (+8), Athletics 5 (+9), Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+13), Deception 3 (+5/+7) [Attractive], Expertise [Streetwise] 6 (+7), Insight 5 (+7), Intimidation 3 (+5), Investigation 8 (+9), Perception 5 (+7), Persuasion 3 (+5/+7) [Attractive, Connected]), Ranged Combat [Guns] 2 (+12), Stealth 5 (+9), Vehicles 2 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Attractive (1), Connected, Defensive Roll (3), Equipment (4), Improved Aim, Improved Critical (2) (Guns, Unarmed), Improved Initiative (1), Languages (1) (Japanese, 1 other, Base: English), Precise Attack (1) (Ranged, Cover), Ranged Attack (5), Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Bionic Arm: 23 pts traits, Removable (-5 pts); 18 pts
Bionic Arm Array: 20 pt Array; 23 pts
Cryogenic Ray: Ranged Cumulative Affliction 10 (Ice; Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Damage; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized, Extra: Cumulative, Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited Degree, Unreliable [5 uses]); 20 pts
Metal Disintegration: Weaken Toughness 12 (Flaw: Affects Metals only, Inaccurate); 1 pt
Repulsor Shield: Enhanced Dodge 4, Enhanced Parry 2, Impervious Toughness 3; 1 pt
Enhanced Strength: Bludgeoning Damage 3, Enhanced Strength 2, Enhanced Strength 1 (1600 lbs.; Flaw: Limited to Lifting); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(10ep)
Leather Costume: Protection 1 (Extra: Subtle); 2ep,
Cell Phone, Standard: Feature 1 (Cellular Communication), Diminutive; 1ep
Heavy Pistol: Ballistic Ranged Damage 4; 8ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8
Close Attack +10
Unarmed +13 [Unarmed +4, Critical 19-20; Bionic Arm Unarmed +7, Critical 19-20]
Metal Disintegration +8 [Disintegration Touch +12]
Ranged Attack +10
Guns +12 [Heavy Pistol +4, Critical 19-20]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 (+14 with Repulsor Shield) [DC20/24] Parry +12 (+14 with Repulsor Shield) [DC20/24]
Toughness +6, Fortitude +7, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Motivation: Generally, it's getting paid but she also cares about cleaning up the streets. But she does like getting a check for it
Relationships: She and Iron Fist have had a long, off and on relationship. She is also like a sister to Colleen Wing and she was roommates with Jean Grey during, and for a little while after college
Vulnerable: Her bionic arm can make her vulnerable to magnetic effects

Abilities 56 + Skills 27 (54 ranks) + Advantages 21 + Powers 18 + Defenses 20 = 142 / 142

Comments: Misty was another of those characters that DC and Marvel created during the Kung Fu craze of the mid-70’s. She started out as cop character that knew Jean Grey, but she became friends with Colleen Wing after saving her tail in a firefight. Shortly thereafter, she lost her arm and got hooked up with another 70’s action craze, bionics. Over time, her bionic arm has been upgraded by Stark and now includes metal disintegration (including Adamantium), a cryo-ray and apparently other stuff, but I didn’t include all of it, I figure a lot of it could be power-stunted.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:05 pm

We've got one more item for LADIES' NIGHT before we move on to a landmark build!

We never should have been heroes for hire, Misty. We should have just been heroes. - Colleen Wing

COLLEEN WING
PL: 9 (135 pts) - OPL: 9 ; DPL: 9

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 12, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 6 (+11) [Agile Feint], Athletics 5 (+7), Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+16), Deception (+1), Expertise [Streetwise] 3 (+5), Insight 6 (+9) [Assessment], Intimidation (+1), Investigation 5 (+7), Perception 6 (+9), Persuasion (+1), Ranged Combat [Throwing] 3 (+8), Stealth 6 (+11), Vehicles 3 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, Assessment, Close Attack (1), Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (1), Equipment (2), Improved Critical (3) (Long Blades, Unarmed 2), Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative (1), Languages (1) (Japanese, Mandarin, Base: English), Move-by Action, Power Attack, Precise Attack (1) (Close, Cover), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (3), Takedown (2), Teamwork, Throwing Mastery (1), Trance, Uncanny Dodge

POWERS:
Chi Channeling: Immunity 2 (Environmental Cold, Environmental Heat); 2 pts
Chi Healing: Healing 5 (Flaw: Limited to self); 5 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(10ep)
Leather Outfit: Protection 1 (Extra: Subtle); 2ep
Cell Phone, Standard: Feature 1 (Cellular Communication), Diminutive; 1ep
Katana: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 3, Critical 19-20; 4ep
Shuriken: Piercing Ranged Damage 1, Extra: Multiattack; 3ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +9
Close Attack +13 [Katana +5, Critical 18-20]
Unarmed +16 [Unarmed +2]
Ranged Attack +5
Throwing +8 [Shuriken +2, Multiattack]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +13 [DC23] Parry +13 [DC23]
Toughness +5, Fortitude +7, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Relationships: She is a like a sister to Misty Knight and is close to Daredevil, Iron Fist and Luke Cage
Rivalry: Black Lotus and Black Canary (for different reasons)

Abilities 60 + Skills 23 (46 ranks) + Advantages 26 + Powers 7 + Defenses 19 = 135 / 135

Comments: Colleen Wing has been around the Marvel U for a good while, starting out as a side character in the Iron Fist series, then moving on to partner up with Misty Knight as the Daughters of the Dragon and eventually as Heroes for Hire.

She’s a world class martial artist, able to hang with Danny and other top martial artists, a good investigator and during one of those mind switch things, she got some of Danny’s memories so she has some Chi related powers.
Shop J-Mart!