J-Mart: Preparing for Relocation... :)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Re: J-Mart: Punisherbots, Tenebrous, Aegis, Morg

Postby Thorpacolypse » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:43 pm

Woodclaw wrote:
Goldar wrote:Some very cool write-ups here! :)

I am not too familiar with many of the Heralds of Galactus, such as Aegis. Is she an old or new Herald? Isn't there another Herald who is sort of an energy creature similar to this Aegis? I thought Terrax was the Herald with the Axe, but then I saw Morg. I mostly know of SS, Nova and Terrax. And someone told me there was another Herald so powerful from far in the past, that even Galactus was no match for him and was afraid to face him. Any ideas on these?

Aegis is not an Herald at all, she's a proemial god, one of the many kind of space gods from the MU. The character you're thinking about is probably Stardust. Aside from that, both Morg and Terrax used an axe (they even fight over Terrax weapon after Galactus destoryed Morg's).

Actually, I think he's referring to Tyrant, who wasn't actually a herald either, Galactus just gave him nearly equal power so he could help him out, but things didn't work out like Big G planned.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Goldar
Disciple
Disciple

Re: J-Mart: Punisherbots, Tenebrous, Aegis, Morg

Postby Goldar » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:32 am

Thanks guys.

It turns out that Stardust is who I was referring to looking similar to Aegis, but I didn't know the name. The link for Stardust was helpful and also gave me info on Firelord and another Herald I had not heard about, Red Shift.

I will look into this Tyrant, as I don't know the name and neither did the person who told me about him---just that there was such a being. I will see if there is any info for Tyrant. I don't think I have seen any profiles on him.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Re: #515, 818, 819

Postby Thorpacolypse » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:02 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:We've got another TEAM WRECKER SPECIAL hitting the Aisle 2 shelves!

I am Annihilus ... Lord of the Negative Zone! Annihilus, the Living Death that walks! - Annihilus

ANNIHILUS

PL: 15 (265 pts) - OPL: 15 ; DPL: 15

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 12 [16], STAMINA 12 [16], AGILITY 4 [6], DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 6, AWARENESS 3 [7], PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Athletics (+12/+16), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+12), Deception (+4), Expertise [Negative Zone] 14 (+20), Expertise [Tactics] 9 (+15), Insight (+3/+7), Intimidation 9 (+13), Perception 2 (+5/+9), Persuasion (+4), Ranged Combat [Cosmic Energy Control] 8 (+12), Stealth (+4/+6), Technology 12 (+18)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (8) (Status, Resources 8 – Ruler of the Negative Zone), Improved Critical (1) (Unarmed), Leadership, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Withstand Damage (1)

POWERS:
Insectoid Wings: Flight 7 (250 mph; Flaw: Wings); 7 pts
Exoskeleton: Impervious 7; 14 pts
Cosmic Control Rod: 103 pts traits, Removable (-21 pts); 82 pts
Enhanced Abilities: Enhanced Strength 4, Enhanced Stamina 4, Enhanced Agility 2, Enhanced Awareness 4; 28 pts
Life Sustaining: Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support); 11 pts
Space Travel: Movement 2 (Space Travel 2); 4 pts
Universal Translator: Comprehend 2 (Speak, Understand All Languages); 4 pts
Cosmic Energy Control: 54 pt array; 56 pts
Cosmic Energy Blast: Cosmic Energy Ranged Damage 18 (Extra: Multiattack); 54 pts
Cosmic Energy Burst: Burst Area Cosmic Energy Damage 13 (Extra: Area Burst 2 [60 ft radius], Selective); 1 pt
Matter Transformation: Transform 10 (Anything into anything); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +10
Unarmed +12 [Unarmed +12, Critical 19-20; Cosmic Control Rod Unarmed+16, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +4
Cosmic Energy Blast +12 [Cosmic Energy Blast +18, Multiattack]
Special Attack [Cosmic Energy Burst +13, Area Burst]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +16 (+7 Impervious), Fortitude +12 [+16], Will +10 [+14]

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: The Fantastic Four
Obsession: The Cosmic Control Rod is his obsession, and he is constantly paranoid that someone is coming to steal it
Rivalry: Blastaar
Weakness: If he loses the Control Rod, he starts aging rapidly, and all of his physical traits become impaired within a day, disabled within a week, and debilitated within a month

Abilities 110 + Skills 28 (56 ranks) + Advantages 13 + Powers 103 + Defenses 11 = 265 / 265

Comments: The rest FF book I ever read as a kid in the 70’s I believe was the 2nd time the FF had to go into the Negative Zone to confront Annihilus. Sue was pregnant with Franklin and was in bad shape and Reed found out that it was the cosmic radiation they had all absorbed during their fateful space mission and that if it wasn’t dealt with, both Sue and Franklin could die. And the cure could be found in the Cosmic Control Rod, which of course the Big A was not going to give up willingly. So the 3 guys went through the portal, big fight ensured, Reed siphoned what he needed form the Rod and all was well. Fun Silver Agey stuff.

So of course, Annihilus has been a fave of mine ever since and I love it when he shows up. Only money has kept me from the Annihilation series and once Uncle Sam pays me back, it will no longer hold me back! Annihilus is a pretty simple build, really. The Rod enhances his abilities and he can actually hang with a couple of the FF members for a while without it, but with it, he can take the whole FF on his own. I think I will whip up an Annihilation Wave version just for Mike5000us once I have the books. That should be fun.

Clean Up 2/17/13: I finally read Annihilation and I loved it. I haven't really altered my Annihilus build much yet, I might raise him up a PL for an Annihilation version, though I don't think this far off. It's mainly Big A's resources that made him a massive cosmic threat. I've been playing around a little bit with the Mass Combat stuff from the Gamemaster's Guide and I really like it. While I will build some Arthrian archetypes for minions, I wanted to use those Mass Combat rules for them as well, since the battle scenes in the book are pretty much all mass combat with the rare exceptions of when the heroes faced Ravenous, the Centurions, some of the mind controlled cosmic characters or Annihilus himself.

Clean Up 2/28/13: Finally got around to more of the Annihilation Wave crew for Big A. In addition, I pumped Annihilus himself up a PL15 to make him more of threat on his own. I left my original PL14 version of him on the bottom of this for future reference. But here are more members of the Wave:

ERADICA, EXTERMINA AND EXTIRPIA
PL: 10 (111 pts) - OPL: 6 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 5, STAMINA 6, AGILITY -2, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 0, INTELLECT 5, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Athletics (+5), Close Combat [Unarmed] 7 (+7), Deception 5 (+8), Expertise [Cosmic Lore] 8 (+13), Expertise [Negative Zone] 8 (+13), Expertise [Tactics] 2 (+7), Insight 6 (+11), Intimidation 4 (+7/+9), Perception (+5), Persuasion 2 (+5), Stealth (-2/-6), Technology 4 (+9)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (2) (Status – Annihilus’ Hive Queens), Chokehold, Diehard, Prone Fighting

POWERS:
Queen Size: Growth 4 (+4 Str, +4 Sta, -2 Dodge/Parry, -4 Stealth, +2 Intimidation, Speed +0, +4 Mass; Extra: Innate, Permanent); 9 pts
Carapace: Protection 2, Impervious 3; 8 pts
Arthrian Senses: Senses 5 (Low-light Vision, Tremorsense [Touch, Ranged, Extended, Radius]); 5 pts
Hive Mind: Communication 5 (Mental, Anywhere; Extra: Area, Flat, Selective, Flaw: Limited [Annihilation Wave only]); 31 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative -2
Unarmed +7 [Unarmed +5]
Ranged Attack +0

DEFENSES:
Dodge -4 [DC6] Parry -2 [DC8]
Toughness +8 (+3 Impervious), Fortitude +9, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Disability: As hive queens, they are basically immobile due to their bulk and need to be connected to their ships
Responsibility: To their Lord/Husband/Son Annihilus

Abilities 28 + Skills 23 (46 ranks) + Advantages 5 + Powers 47 + Defenses 8 = 111 / 111

Comments: Annihilus’ queens who have the Hive Mind that drives the Annihilation Wave. Once Firelord took one of them out, the United Front realized the squads would fall apart and with enough firepower, you could easily scatter them. I need to add a note somewhere to note that if whichever of them is coordinating the Mass Combat squad falls, their Morale drops to -5.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ARTHRIANS (BRUTES)
PL: 5 (39 pts) - OPL: 5 ; DPL: 5

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 6, STAMINA 5, AGILITY 0, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 4, INTELLECT -3, AWARENESS 0, PRESENCE -2

SKILLS: Athletics (+6), Deception (-2), Expertise [Survival] 5 (+2), Intimidation 3 (+1/+2), Perception 2 (+2), Persuasion (-2), Stealth (-2)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Chokehold

POWERS:
Brute Size: Growth 2 (+2 Str, +2 Sta, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth, +1 Intimidation, Speed +0, +2 Mass; Extra: Innate, Permanent); 5 pts
Carapace: Protection 2, Impervious 3; 8 pts
Arthrian Senses: Senses 6 (Communication Link [Mental, Hive Queens], Low-light Vision, Tremorsense [Touch, Ranged, Extended, Radius]); 6 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +0
Close Attack +4 [Unarmed +6]
Ranged Attack +0

DEFENSES:
Dodge +2 [DC12] Parry +3 [DC13]
Toughness +7, Fortitude +7, Will +2

COMPLICATIONS:
Disability: Arthrians are near-sighted
Responsibility: To their Lord Annihilus

Abilities 12 + Skills 5 (10 ranks) + Advantages 2 + Powers 13 + Defenses 7 = 39 / 39

Comments: The big brute Arthrians.

ARTHRIANS (BRAWLERS)
PL: 5 (52 pts) - OPL: 5 ; DPL: 5

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 4, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 1, DEXTERITY 1, FIGHTING 5, INTELLECT -3, AWARENESS 0, PRESENCE -2

SKILLS: Athletics 2 (+6), Deception (-2), Expertise [Survival] 6 (+3), Intimidation 4 (+2), Perception 2 (+2), Persuasion (-2), Stealth (+1)

ADVANTAGES: Chokehold, Fast Grab, Improved Hold

POWERS:
Four Armed: Extra Limbs 2 (2 Arms); 2 pts
Carapace: Protection 1, Impervious 2; 5 pts
Arthrian Senses: Senses 6 (Communication Link [Mental, Hive Queens], Low-light Vision, Tremorsense [Touch, Ranged, Extended, Radius]); 6 pts
Claws: Slashing Strength-based Damage 1 (Extra: Split); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +1
Close Attack +5 [Unarmed +4; Claws +5]
Ranged Attack +1

DEFENSES:
Dodge +4 [DC14] Parry +5 [DC15]
Toughness +5 (+2 Impervious), Fortitude +6, Will +2

COMPLICATIONS:
Disability: Arthrians are near-sighted

Abilities 20 + Skills 7 (14 ranks) + Advantages 3 + Powers 15 + Defenses 7 = 52 / 52

Comments: The four-armed footsoldiers.

ARTHRIANS (GIANTS)
PL: 6 (68 pts) - OPL: 6 ; DPL: 6

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 9, STAMINA 9, AGILITY 0, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 3, INTELLECT -3, AWARENESS 0, PRESENCE -2

SKILLS: Athletics (+9), Deception (-2), Expertise [Survival] 5 (+2), Intimidation (-2/+2), Perception 3 (+3), Persuasion (-2), Stealth (-8)

ADVANTAGES: Improved Trip

POWERS:
Giant Insect Size: Growth 8 (+8 Str, +8 Sta, -4 Dodge/Parry, -8 Stealth, +4 Intimidation, Speed +1, +8 Mass, Reach 2 [10 ft]; Extra: Innate, Permanent); 17 pts
Four Armed: Extra Limbs 4 (4 Legs); 2 pts
Carapace: Protection 3, Impervious 5; 13 pts
Eye Beams: Ranged Damage 8; 16 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +0
Close Attack +3 [Unarmed +9]
Ranged Attack +0
Eye Beams +4 [Eye Beams +8]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +0 [DC10] Parry +0 [DC10]
Toughness +12 (+5 Impervious), Fortitude +11, Will +2

COMPLICATIONS:
Disability: Arthrians are near-sighted and the giants cannot speak, nor use their legs to easily manipulate objects

Abilities 0 + Skills 6 (12 ranks) + Advantages 1 + Powers 54 + Defenses 9 = 70 / 70

Comments: The giant, bug things with eye beams.

ARTHRIANS (STINGERS)
PL: 4 (50 pts) - OPL: 4 ; DPL: 4

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 0, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 5, INTELLECT -3, AWARENESS 0, PRESENCE -2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 2 (+4), Deception (-2), Expertise [Survival] 5 (+2), Intimidation (-2), Investigation , Perception 3 (+3), Persuasion (-2/-4), Stealth (+2/+6)

ADVANTAGES: Favored Environment (Flying)

POWERS:
Flying Arthrian Bug: Shrinking 4 (-1 Str, +2 Dodge/Parry, +4 Stealth, -2 Intimidation, Speed -1, -1 Mass; Extra: Innate, Permanent); 9 pts
Carapace: Protection 1, Impervious 2; 5 pts
Wings: Flight 4 (30 mph, Flaw: Wings); 4 pts
Stinger: Piercing Strength-based Damage 1 (Extra: Linked), Weaken Stamina 2 (Extra: Linked); 3 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +5 [Unarmed +0; Stinger +1]
Ranged Attack +0

DEFENSES:
Dodge +5 [DC15] Parry +5 [DC15]
Toughness +3 (+2 Impervious), Fortitude +4, Will +2

COMPLICATIONS:
Disability: Arthrians are near-sighted and stingers cannot use their legs to easily manipulate objects

Abilities 10 + Skills 5 (10 ranks) + Advantages 1 + Powers 27 + Defenses 7 = 50 / 50

Comments: The flying bug things. I don’t know if their tail stinger really works like that, but it does in the Thorpacoverse, I guess.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ANNIHILATION WAVE MASS COMBAT:

CORPS (20,000-50,000): ATTACK 15, DAMAGE 19, DEFENSE 1, TOUGHNESS 17, INITIATIVE 0, MORALE 3
DIVISION (9,000-15,000): ATTACK 14, DAMAGE 18, DEFENSE 1, TOUGHNESS 16, INITIATIVE 0, MORALE 3
BRIGADE (6,000-8,000): ATTACK 13, DAMAGE 17, DEFENSE 1, TOUGHNESS 15, INITIATIVE 0, MORALE 3
REGIMENT 1 (3,000-4,000): ATTACK 12, DAMAGE 16, DEFENSE 1, TOUGHNESS 14, INITIATIVE 0, MORALE 3
REGIMENT 2 (1,250-2,750): ATTACK 11, DAMAGE 15, DEFENSE 1, TOUGHNESS 13, INITIATIVE 0, MORALE 3
BATALLION 1 (500-1,000): ATTACK 10, DAMAGE 14, DEFENSE 1, TOUGHNESS 12, INITIATIVE 0, MORALE 3
BATALLION 2 (150-450): ATTACK 9, DAMAGE 13, DEFENSE 1, TOUGHNESS 11, INITIATIVE 0, MORALE 3
COMPANY 1 (140): ATTACK 8, DAMAGE 12, DEFENSE 1, TOUGHNESS 10, INITIATIVE 0, MORALE 3
COMPANY 2 (55-125): ATTACK 7, DAMAGE 11, DEFENSE 1, TOUGHNESS 9, INITIATIVE 0, MORALE 3
PLATOON 1 (30-50): ATTACK 6, DAMAGE 10, DEFENSE 1, TOUGHNESS 8, INITIATIVE 0, MORALE 3
PLATOON 2 (15-40): ATTACK 5, DAMAGE 9, DEFENSE 1, TOUGHNESS 7, INITIATIVE 0, MORALE 3
SQUAD (8-10): ATTACK 4, DAMAGE 8, DEFENSE 1, TOUGHNESS 6, INITIATIVE 0, MORALE 3
SQUAD (4-6): ATTACK 3, DAMAGE 7, DEFENSE 1, TOUGHNESS 5, INITIATIVE 0, MORALE 3
BASE (2-3): ATTACK 1, DAMAGE 5, DEFENSE 1, TOUGHNESS 3, INITIATIVE 0, MORALE 3

My more general Annihilus build for future reference:

ANNIHILUS[/color]
PL: 14 (237 pts) - OPL: 14 ; DPL: 14

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 12 [16], STAMINA 12 [16], AGILITY 4 [6], DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 6, AWARENESS 3 [7], PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Athletics (+12/+16), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+12), Deception (+4), Expertise [Negative Zone] 14 (+20), Expertise [Tactics] 9 (+15), Insight (+3/+7), Intimidation 9 (+13), Perception 2 (+5/+9), Persuasion (+4), Ranged Combat [Cosmic Energy Control] 6 (+10), Stealth (+4/+6), Technology 12 (+18)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (6) (Status 6 – Ruler of the Negative Zone), Leadership, Move-by Action

POWERS:
Insectoid Wings: Flight 7 (250 mph; Flaw: Wings); 7 pts
Exoskeleton: Impervious 5; 10 pts
Cosmic Control Rod: 85 pts traits, Removable (-17 pts); 68 pts
Enhanced Abilities: Enhanced Strength 4, Enhanced Stamina 4, Enhanced Agility 2, Enhanced Awareness 4; 28 pts
Life Sustaining: Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support); 11 pts
Space Travel: Movement 2 (Space Travel 2); 4 pts
Universal Translator: Comprehend 2 (Speak, Understand All Languages); 4 pts
Cosmic Energy Control: 36 pt array; 38 pts
Cosmic Energy Blast: Cosmic Energy Ranged Damage 18; 36 pts
Cosmic Energy Burst: Burst Area Cosmic Energy Damage 12 (Extra: Area Burst [30 ft radius], Selective); 1 pt
Matter Transformation: Transform 7 (Anything into anything); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +10
Unarmed +12 [Unarmed +12; Cosmic Control Rod Enhanced Unarmed +16]
Ranged Attack +4
Cosmic Energy Blast +10 [Cosmic Energy Blast +18]
Special Attack [Cosmic Energy Burst +12, Area Burst]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +16 (+6 Impervious), Fortitude +12 [+16], Will +8 [+12]

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: The Fantastic Four
Obsession: The Cosmic Control Rod is his obsession, and he is constantly paranoid that someone is coming to steal it
Rivalry: Blastaar
Weakness: If he loses the Control Rod, he starts aging rapidly, and all of his physical traits become impaired within a day, disabled within a week, and debilitated within a month

Abilities 110 + Skills 27 (54 ranks) + Advantages 8 + Powers 85 + Defenses 7 = 237 / 237

Since I was re-reading Annihilation for Tenebrous and Aegis, I decided to do some more work (again) on the Annihilation Wave and Big A himself. I upped him a PL, and added his queens, whose Hive Mind guides the Wave, and did some archetypes of the Arthrians. I didn't bother with the Wave ships, the archetypes in the Handbooks would cover those from what I could tell.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:24 pm

Thanks to some snowed in nights (and insomnia :shock:) J-Mart is going to be hitting another one of our favorite specials, IF YOU LIKE IT, THEN YOU BETTER PUT A RING ON IT! We're fixing up a lot of items, and we've got some new items to add! Let's start off with this GREEN LIGHT SPECIAL!

Dude rumbles with Darkseid fairly regularly. And he's alive. Maybe I should raise his PL? :shock:

GREEN LANTERN (RAKER QARRIGAT)
PL: 13 (247 pts) - OPL: 13 ; DPL: 13

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 9, STAMINA 9, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Athletics 4 (+13), Deception (+3), Expertise [Apokolips] 9 (+10), Insight 4 (+8), Intimidation 4 (+7), Investigation 4 (+5), Perception 4 (+8), Persuasion 5 (+8) [Connected], Ranged Combat [Power Ring] 7 (+11), Stealth 6 (+8), Treatment 3 (+4)

ADVANTAGES: Close Attack (2), Connected, Extraordinary Effort, Favored Foe (Darkseid), Fearless, Improved Initiative (1), Power Attack, Takedown (1), Teamwork

POWERS:
New God Physiology: Protection 2, Regeneration 1 (1/every 5 rounds), Immunity 1 (Aging); 4 pts
Green Lantern Power Ring: 129 pts traits, Removable (-26 pts); 103 pts
Attention Green Lantern...: Features 2 (A.I. and Green Lantern Corps Database); 2 pts
Communication: Senses 1 (Communication Link to Central Power Battery); 1 pt
Quick Change: Features 1 (Quick Change); 1 pt
Universal Translator: Comprehend 4 (Speak, Read, Understand, Understood in All Languages); 8 pts
Scanning Beam: Variable 1 (5 pts traits, Extra: Action [Move], Flaw: Limited to Senses); 7 pts
Green Lantern's Light: Environment 2 (60 ft; Light [reduce partial concealment to none, total concealment to partial]); 2 pts
Ring Flight: Flight 14 (32,000 mph/60 mpr), Movement 4 (Environment Adaptation [Zero G], Space Travel 3 [Any star system]), Feature 1 (Use Will [DC20 check] to increase Flight speed instead of Athletics); 37 pts
Force Field: Protection 6 (Flaw: Sustained), Impervious 6 (Flaw: Sustained), Immunity 10 (Life Support); 28 pts
Force Manipulation: 31 pt Dynamic Array; 43 pts
Force Blast: Ranged Force Energy Damage 15 (Extra: Dynamic); 31 pts
Force Constructs: Create 15 (Hard Light Constructs; Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Movable Constructs: Create 10 (Hard Light Constructs; Extra: Dynamic, Movable); 2 pts
Force Lifting: Move Object 15 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Force Weapons: Strength-based Damage 3 (Extra: Dynamic, Variable Descriptor [Bludgeoning/Piercing/Slashing]); 2 pts
Force Bubble: Ranged Burst Area Immunity 10 (Life Support, Extra: Affects Others, Burst Area [30 ft radius], Dynamic, Flaw: Affects others only); 2 pts
Mass Communication: Communication 5 (Subspace audiovisual projection; Any Distance, Extra: Dynamic, Selective); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +12 [Unarmed +9; Ring Weapons +12]
Ranged Attack +4
Power Ring +11 [Force Blast +15; Force Constructs +15; Force Lifting +15]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +9 (+15 with Force Field, +6 Impervious), Fortitude +11, Will +15

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Darkseid and his Elite
Power Loss: The power ring needs periodic recharging and issues a warning as its power runs low
Responsibility: To protect the people of Apokolips
Weakness: Green Lantern power rings depend on the willpower of the wearer; the maximum rank of the ring’s effects is equal to the wearer’s Will rank, and moments of self-doubt or hesitation can cause the ring to fail

Abilities 84 + Skills 25 (50 ranks) + Advantages 10 + Powers 107 + Defenses 21 = 247 / 247

Build Comments:
One of my all-time favorite Lantern stories is the one of Raker Qarrigat, the GL from Apokolips. I have been trying to find it in TBP, but I haven’t been successful. I’m not going to go into it lot, but basically, the ring finds him, he decides to defend the Lowlies of Apokolips under Darkseid’s nose, he gets into it with Darkseid, the Guardians get involved and things get crazy. But any dude willing to buck the Apokolips order is a true hero in my book.

Considering that he’s one of the oldest operating Lanterns, I made him PL13 because in my limited reading of him, he was definitely at Rayner’s level.

Secret Origins: Raker Qarrigat is a member of the Green Lantern Corps assigned to the Fourth World planet of Apokolips, recruited from his home planet of Woolson.

The Story so Far: Seeing Darkseid's machinations as a threat, the Guardians of the Universe had sought ways to deal with him. A Manhunter and a previous Green Lantern failed. Raker fought his way to Darkseid. Darkseid mocked him, crushing his hand and ring, then had him sent back to Oa to tell of his failure.

The Corps greatly expanded after Raker's initial mission to Apokolips. He was then sent back with a group of Lanterns that he had drilled for battling in Apokolips.

Darkseid was prepared. He had Desaad study the remains of the destroyed ring. A horde of Parademons were given yellow coatings to limit the effectiveness of the rings. Many of the Lanterns were slain in battle. Those taken as prisoners were tortured, killed, then their bodies were displayed as a warning to those who opposed Darkseid. Cut off from recharging, Raker and the remaining members used Parademon weapons.

Raker was leading a last desperate attack when the Guardians intervened. Darkseid agreed that as long as the Corps did not oppose his rule he would not interfere in their patrolled sectors. Raker was to remain a prisoner on Apokolips, but he was secretly given back his ring and a new Power Battery by his trainee Ash-Pak-Glif. He eventually was able to escape and hide underground, helping the Hunger Dogs when he could.

Until Orion and Kyle Rayner encountered this 'forgotten Green Lantern', he was largely thought of as nothing more than a fairy tale. Raker, too, was unaware of events that had happened. He was shocked to learn of the destruction of the Corps and Oa. He helped Rayner and Orion escape.

Characterization: Raker truly has an indomitable will and is one of greatest living Green Lanterns.

Friends and Foes: He is completed committed to ending Darkseid’s rule over Apokolips and constantly works against him.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:35 pm

Our IF YOU LIKE IT, THEN YOU BETTER PUT A RING ON IT run keeps rolling with another GREEN LIGHT SPECIAL!

In brightest day, in blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight,
Let those who worship evil's might,
Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!

GREEN LANTERN (STANDARD)
PL: 11 (196 pts) - OPL: 11 ; DPL: 11

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 1, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 5, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Athletics 3 (+4), Deception (+1), Expertise [Green Lantern Lore] 3 (+4), Insight 2 (+4), Intimidation (+1), Investigation 3 (+4), Perception 2 (+4), Persuasion (+1), Ranged Combat [Power Ring] 7 (+9), Stealth (+1), Technology 2 (+3)

ADVANTAGES: Lionheart*

POWERS:
Racial Traits: 20 pts for racial traits and Advantages; 20 pts
Green Lantern Power Ring: 135 pts traits, Removable (-27 pts); 108 pts
Attention Green Lantern...: Features 2 (A.I. and Green Lantern Corps Database); 2 pts
Universal Translator: Comprehend 4 (Speak, Read, Understand, Understood in All Languages); 8 pts
Scanning Beam: Variable 1 (5 pts traits, Extra: Action [Move], Flaw: Limited to Senses); 7 pts
Green Lantern's Light: Environment 2 (60 ft; Light [reduce partial concealment to none, total concealment to partial]); 2 pts
Ring Flight: Flight 13 (16,000 mph/30 mpr), Movement 4 (Environment Adaptation [Zero G], Space Travel 3 [Any star system]), Feature 1 (Use Will [DC20 check] to increase Flight speed instead of Athletics); 35 pts
Force Field: Protection 10 (Flaw: Sustained), Impervious 6 (Flaw: Sustained), Immunity 10 (Life Support); 32 pts
Force Manipulation: 37 pt Dynamic Array; 47 pts
Force Bubble: Ranged Burst Area Immunity 8 (All Environmental Conditions, Suffocation, Airborne Toxins, Extra: Dynamic, Burst Area [30 ft radius], Linked [Create], Flaw: Affects others only), Create 12 (Force Spheres; Extra: Linked [Immunity], Flaw: Limited to simple spherical objects); 37 pts
Force Blast: Ranged Force Energy Damage 13 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Force Constructs: Create 13 (Hard Light Constructs; Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Movable Constructs: Create 10 (Hard Light Constructs; Extra: Dynamic, Movable); 2 pts
Force Lifting: Move Object 13 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Mass Communication: Communication 5 (Subspace audiovisual projection; Any Distance, Extra: Dynamic, Selective); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +1
Close Attack +5 [Unarmed +1]
Ranged Attack +2
Power Ring +9 [Force Blast +13; Force Lifting +13; Force Constructs +13]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 [DC18] Parry +8 [DC18]
Toughness +2 (+12 with Force Field, +6 Impervious), Fortitude +7, Will +13

COMPLICATIONS:
Power Loss: The power ring needs periodic recharging and issues a warning as its power runs low.
Responsibility: To protect their space Sector.
Weakness: Green Lantern power rings depend on the willpower of the wearer; the maximum rank of the ring’s effects is equal to the wearer’s Will rank, and moments of self-doubt or hesitation can cause the ring to fail.

Abilities 30 + Skills 11 (22 ranks) + Advantages 1 + Powers 128 + Defenses 26 = 196 / 196

Comments: Standard Green Lantern just in case it's needed for a big rumble or test or something. I'm going to doing the same for all the Corps except the Black Lantern and White Corps, for obvious reasons.

Here’s some Mass Combat stats:

GREEN LANTERN CORPS MASS COMBAT:

BRIGADE (6,000-8,000): ATTACK 19, DAMAGE 25, DEFENSE 6, TOUGHNESS 24, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE 4
REGIMENT 1 (3,000-4,000): ATTACK 18, DAMAGE 24, DEFENSE 6, TOUGHNESS 23, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE 4
REGIMENT 2 (1,250-2,750): ATTACK 17, DAMAGE 23, DEFENSE 6, TOUGHNESS 22, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE 4
BATALLION 1 (500-1,000): ATTACK 16, DAMAGE 22, DEFENSE 6, TOUGHNESS 21, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE 4
BATALLION 2 (150-450): ATTACK 15, DAMAGE 21, DEFENSE 6, TOUGHNESS 20, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE 4
COMPANY 1 (140): ATTACK 14, DAMAGE 20, DEFENSE 6, TOUGHNESS 19, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE 4
COMPANY 2 (55-125): ATTACK 13, DAMAGE 19, DEFENSE 6, TOUGHNESS 18, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE 4
PLATOON 1 (30-50): ATTACK 12, DAMAGE 18, DEFENSE 6, TOUGHNESS 17, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE 4
PLATOON 2 (15-40): ATTACK 11, DAMAGE 17, DEFENSE 6, TOUGHNESS 16, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE 4
SQUAD (8-10): ATTACK 10, DAMAGE 16, DEFENSE 6, TOUGHNESS 15, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE 4
SQUAD (4-6): ATTACK 9, DAMAGE 15, DEFENSE 6, TOUGHNESS 14, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE 4
BASE (2-3): ATTACK 7, DAMAGE 13, DEFENSE 6, TOUGHNESS 12, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE 4
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:04 pm

Check this new item for Aisle 2!

Would you believe me if I told you getting there was easy as walking across a room? - Eden Fesi

MANIFOLD
PL: 14 (342 pts) - OPL: 8 ; DPL: 8

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 2 (+4), Athletics 5 (+7), Close Combat [Spear] 3 (+11), Deception (+1), Expertise [Performance] 4 (+6), Expertise [Survival] 5 (+7), Insight 6 (+8), Intimidation (+1), Perception 7 (+9), Persuasion (+1), Stealth 4 (+6), Treatment 2 (+4)

ADVANTAGES: Animal Empathy, Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (2), Languages (1) (Aboriginal Australian, Kriol, Base: Australian English), Ranged Attack (7), Teamwork

POWERS:
Teleportals: 240 pt Array; 242 pts
Teleportation: Teleport 20 (4000 miles/1,000,000 miles; Extra: Accurate, Attack, Easy, Extended, Portal 6 [250 ft portal]); 240 pts
Internal Teleport: Perception Ranged Damage 14 (Extra: Penetrating 10, Variable Descriptor 2 [Depends on object teleported], Flaw: Damage limited to toughness of object teleported); 1 pt
Interstellar Transport: Movement 3 (Space Travel 3 [Any star system]; Extras: Accurate [able to precisely pick arrival point even on the surface of other planets], Affects Others, Instantaneous [occurs instantly each time used], Portal 6 [250 ft Portal], Selective, Flaw: Tiring); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(10 pts)
Spear: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 3, Dangerous; 4 pts
Longbow: Ranged Piercing Damage 3; 6 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +8 [Unarmed +2]
Spear +11 [Spear +5, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +9 [Bow +3]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +11 [DC21] Parry +11 [DC21]
Toughness +5 (+3 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Prejudice: Mutant.
Relationships: With his mentor, Gateway.
Responsibility: He feels a sense of responsibility to use his powers for the benefit of all.

Abilities 44 + Skills 19 (38 ranks) + Advantages 14 + Powers 242 + Defenses 23 = 342 / 342

Build Comments: Manifold is a fairly new character, basically replacing Gateway as the Marvel U’s top mutant mass teleporter. He was part of Fury’s Secret Warriors for a while, but now he’s part of the Avengers team assembled as part of Marvel NOW!

My only concern with this build is his Portal part of the port. The normal Portal is 5 ft wide and his seem much bigger so I added some ranks of Increased Mass to simulate the larger portal. But I wonder if there is another way to do that.

Secret Origins: Next to nothing is known of his childhood except he was an aboriginal familiar with the mutant Gateway, often ally of the X-men. When his powers manifested he was sent to learn the proper use and application of it with Gateway. Despite his aboriginal upbringing, he had dream of being a famous rock star and lead guitarist.

The Story so Far: Eden has assisted the X-Men from time to time as his mentor did and recently was recruited by Captain America to join The Avengers.

Characterization: Manifold is an accomplished hunter and tracker, able to survive in the wilderness of Australia unaided.

Friends and Foes: He was close to his mentor, another mutant teleporter, Gateway.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:55 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: #415

Postby Thorpacolypse » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:09 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:More imports from our currently closed Thorpacoverse location are moving to J-Mart and these next two are INDIGO LIGHT SPECIAL IMPORTS!

Nok

INDIGO TRIBE (INDIGO-1)
PL: 14 (262 pts) - OPL: 14 ; DPL: 13

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 5, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 8, PRESENCE 5

SKILLS: Acrobatics 6 (+9), Athletics 6 (+7), Deception (+5), Expertise [Theology and Philosophy] 6 (+8), Insight 7 (+15) [Assessment], Intimidation (+5), Perception 3 (+11), Persuasion 6 (+11), Ranged Combat [Power Ring] 8 (+11), Ranged Combat [Power Staff] 8 (+11), Stealth (+3)

ADVANTAGES: Assessment, Close Attack (3), Fearless, Improved Disarm, Inspire (1), Languages (1) (Indigo Tribe Language, 1 other, Base: Native Tongue), Leadership, Trance, Ultimate Effort (1) (Ultimate Will)

POWERS:
Indigo Power Ring: 134 pts traits, Removable (-27 pts); 107 pts
Attention Indigo Tribesmen...: Features 2 (A.I. and Indigo Tribe Database); 2 pts
Universal Translator: Comprehend 4 (Speak, Read, Understand, Write, All Languages); 8 pts
Scanning Beam: Variable 1 (5 pts traits, Flaw: Limited to Senses); 6 pts
Empathy: Mind Reading 8 (Flaw: Limited to emotions); 8 pts
Indigo Light: Environment 2 (60 ft; Light); 2 pts
Ring Flight: Flight 14 (32,000 mph), Movement 4 (Environment Adaptation [Zero G], Space Travel 3); 36 pts
Force Field: Protection 11 (Flaw: Sustained), Impervious 6 (Flaw: Sustained), Immunity 10 (Life Support); 33 pts
Indigo Light of Compassion: 34 pt array; 37 pts
Force Blast: Ranged Damage 17; 34 pts
Interstellar Transport: Movement 3 (Space Travel; Extras: Accurate (able to precisely pick arrival point even on the surface of other planets), Affects Others, Area 2 [60 ft], Instantaneous (occurs instantly each time used), Selective, Flaw: Tiring); 1 pt
Healing Light: Healing 17 (Flaw: Limited [cannot heal those who do not feel great compassion]); 1 pt
Empathic Attack: Ranged Affliction 17 (Resisted by Will; 1st Degree: Dazed, 2nd Degree: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated; Flaw: Limited [Only useable against those who have caused great pain or lack empathy]); 1 pt

Indigo Power Staff: 45 pts traits, Easily removable (-18 pts); 27 pts
Power Battery: Features 1 (Can recharge Indigo Power Rings); 1 pt
Staff Bash: Bludgeoning Strength-based Damage 2; 2 pts
Power Channeling: Variable 7 (35 pts traits; Extra: Action [Move Action], Flaw: Limited [only the powers of other Lantern Corps], Limited [Requires proximity to subject]); 42 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +8 [Unarmed +1; Staff Strike +3]
Ranged Attack +3
Power Ring/Power Staff +11 [Force Blast +17; Empathic Attack Affliction +17]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +13 [DC23] Parry +13 [DC23]
Toughness +2 (+13 with Force Field, +6 Impervious), Fortitude +9, Will +17 (Ultimate Will)

COMPLICATIONS:
Power Loss: Indigo Power Rings exhaust their power with time and use. It needs to be recharged using an Indigo Lantern Staff. Using the ring’s Space Travel power drains its charge substantially
Secret: Indigo-1 is cautious with the secrets of her Tribe. She will often not share the full details of events and plans that concern her people even with trusted allies
Weakness: Indigo Lantern power rings depend on the ability of the wielders to feel compassion. The maximum rank of the ring’s effects is equal to the user’s Will Rank to reflect the ability to control and summon up these feelings, but thoughts of cruelty or callousness can cause the ring to fail

Abilities 58 + Skills 25 (50 ranks) + Advantages 11 + Powers 134 + Defenses 34 = 262 / 262

Comments: So here is Indigo-1 for my setting. I’m not sold on that Indigo Ring/Staff setup that I took from the core build, so that might change. But I am keeping her as a big hitter because she laid out some people during the War of Light.

Clean Up 2/28/13: Took Iroque up to PL14 to be in line my other Corps leaders.

The Indigo Tribe gets some looks while I'm going through the Lantern-verse. Iroque here goes up to PL14, and Munk moves to PL13 while I cleaned up their arrays a bit.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:16 pm

Our IF YOU LIKE IT, THEN YOU BETTER PUT A RING ON IT SPECIAL continues with this INDIGO LIGHT SPECIAL!

Tor lorek san, bor nakka mur,
Natromo faan tornek wot ur.
Ter Lantern ker lo Abin Sur,
Taan lek lek nok--Formorrow Sur!

INDIGO TRIBE (STANDARD)

PL: 12 (225 pts) - OPL: 12 ; DPL: 12

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 1, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 4, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 0 [6], PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Athletics 2 (+4), Deception (+2), Insight 4 (+10), Intimidation (+2), Perception (+6), Persuasion 5 (+7), Ranged Combat [Power Ring/Staff] 7 (+9), Stealth (+1)

ADVANTAGES: Languages (1) (Indigo Tribe Language, 1 other, Base: Native Tongue)

POWERS:
Racial Traits: 20 pts for racial traits and Advantages
Indigo Power Ring: 143 pts traits, Removable (-29 pts); 114 pts
Attention Indigo Tribesmen...: Features 2 (A.I. and Indigo Tribe Database); 2 pts
Clarity of Compassion: Feature 1 (See Indigo Tribe sidebar in Indigo Tribe Standard build), Enhanced Awareness 6; 13 pts
Aura Reading: Senses 3 (Detect Emotional and Physical State [Visual, Mental; Ranged]); 3 pts
Indigo Light: Environment 2 (60 ft; Light [reduce partial concealment to none, total concealment to partial]); 2 pts
Ring Flight: Flight 14 (32,000 mph), Movement 4 (Environment Adaptation [Zero G], Space Travel 3 [Any star system]), Feature 1 (Use Will [DC20 check] to increase Flight speed instead of Athletics); 37 pts
Force Field: Protection 12 (Flaw: Sustained), Impervious 6 (Flaw: Sustained), Immunity 10 (Life Support); 34 pts
Indigo Light of Compassion: 30 pt Array; 33 pts
Force Blast: Ranged Force Energy Damage 15; 30 pts
Interstellar Transport: Burst Area Movement 3 (Space Travel 3 [Any star system]; Extras: Accurate [able to precisely pick arrival point even on the surface of other planets], Affects Others, Burst Area 2 [60 ft radius], Instantaneous (occurs instantly each time used), Selective, Flaw: Tiring); 1 pt
Healing Light: Healing 15 (Flaw: Limited [cannot heal those who do not feel great compassion]); 1 pt
Empathic Attack: Ranged Affliction 15 (Resisted by Will; 1st Degree: Dazed, 2nd Degree: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated; Flaw: Limited [Only useable against those who have caused great pain or lack empathy]); 1 pt

Indigo Power Staff: 39 pts traits, Easily Removable (-16 pts); 23 pts
Power Battery: Features 1 (Can recharge Indigo Power Rings); 1 pt
Staff Bash: Bludgeoning Strength-based Damage 2; 2 pts
Power Conduit: Variable 6 (30 pts traits; Extra: Action [Move Action], Flaw: Limited [only the powers of other Lantern Corps], Limited [Requires proximity to subject]); 36 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +1
Close Attack +8 [Unarmed +2; Staff Strike +4]
Ranged Attack +2
Power Ring +9 [Force Blast +15; Empathic Attack Affliction +15]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 [DC18] Parry +8 [DC18]
Toughness +2 (+14 with Force Field. +6 Impervious with Force Field), Fortitude +7, Will +15

COMPLICATIONS:
Power Loss: Indigo Power Rings exhaust their power with time and use. It needs to be recharged using an Indigo Lantern Staff. Using the ring’s Space Travel power drains its charge substantially
Secret: The Indigo Tribe is cautious with the secrets of their Tribe
Weakness: Indigo Lantern power rings depend on the ability of the wielders to feel compassion. The maximum rank of the ring’s effects is equal to the user’s Will Rank to reflect the ability to control and summon up these feelings, but thoughts of cruelty or callousness can cause the ring to fail

Abilities 38 + Skills 9 (18 ranks) + Advantages 1 + Powers 157 + Defenses 20 = 225 / 225

Comments: Standard Indigo Tribesman. Their origin in the new GL book was well done, even if it did drag on for too many issues.

Sidebar: We finally found the origins of the Indigo Tribe in Green Lantern last year. Basically, a being named Natromo helped Abin Sur forge the Indigo rings to teach compassion to Iroque, who was a career criminal who killed Abin’s daughter. Over time, the Tribe expanded to include other hardcore criminals and miscreants who were saved from themselves by the power of Compassion.

If the Indigo battery is out of commission or a member of the Tribe loses their ring, in addition to losing their powers, they revert to their former violent personality, unless they make a DC10 Will check (without their Enhanced Awareness) to show that the ring has truly changed them and shown them how to feel true compassion.

Here’s some Mass Combat stats:

INDIGO TRIBE MASS COMBAT:

BATALLION 2 (150-450): ATTACK 15, DAMAGE 21, DEFENSE 6, TOUGHNESS 20, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE 5
COMPANY 1 (140): ATTACK 14, DAMAGE 20, DEFENSE 6, TOUGHNESS 19, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE 5
COMPANY 2 (55-125): ATTACK 13, DAMAGE 19, DEFENSE 6, TOUGHNESS 18, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE 5
PLATOON 1 (30-50): ATTACK 12, DAMAGE 18, DEFENSE 6, TOUGHNESS 17, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE 5
PLATOON 2 (15-40): ATTACK 11, DAMAGE 17, DEFENSE 6, TOUGHNESS 16, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE 5
SQUAD (8-10): ATTACK 10, DAMAGE 16, DEFENSE 6, TOUGHNESS 15, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE 5
SQUAD (4-6): ATTACK 9, DAMAGE 15, DEFENSE 6, TOUGHNESS 14, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE 5
BASE (2-3): ATTACK 7, DAMAGE 13, DEFENSE 6, TOUGHNESS 12, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE 5
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: J-Mart: Morg, Annihilation Wave, Lantern Corps Redux

Postby kenmadragon » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:22 pm

While you are at the Lantern Corps, would you accept a request for a build for Mogo? 8) :mrgreen:

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: #386

Postby Thorpacolypse » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:54 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:VIOLET LIGHT SPECIAL on Aisle 1!

Love is beautiful. Love is inspiring. But love is also lethal. - Carol Ferris

STAR SAPPHIRE (CAROL FERRIS)
PL: 13 (225 pts) - OPL: 13 ; DPL: 13

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 4, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Athletics (+1), Deception (+3/+5) [Attractive], Expertise [Business] 6 (+8), Insight 8 (+11), Intimidation (+3), Investigation 3 (+5), Perception 4 (+7), Persuasion 5 (+8/+10) [Attractive], Ranged Combat [Power Ring] 7 (+10), Stealth (+2), Vehicles 7 (+10)

ADVANTAGES: Attractive (1), Benefit (3) (Wealth 3 [Millionaire])

POWERS:
Star Sapphire Power Ring: 159 pts traits, Removable (-32 pts); 127 pts
Attention Star Sapphire...: Features 2 (A.I. and Star Sapphire Corps Database); 2 pts
Universal Translator: Comprehend 4 (Speak, Read, Understand, Write, All Languages); 8 pts
What do you love?: Senses 3 (Detect Emotions [Mental, Flaw: Limited to love], Acute Ranged); 2 pts
Love's Light: Environment 2 (60 ft; Light); 2 pts
Ring Flight: Flight 14 (32,000 mph), Movement 4 (Environment Adaptation [Zero G], Space Travel 3); 36 pts
Force Field: Protection 12 (Flaw: Sustained), Impervious 6 (Flaw: Sustained), Immunity 10 (Life Support); 34 pts
Force Manipulation: 51 pt dynamic array; 69 pts
Star Sapphire Crystallization: Ranged Affliction 10 (Resisted/Overcome by Will; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized, 3rd: Transformed; Extra: Dynamic, Progressive, Extra Condition); 51 pts

Force Blast: Ranged Damage 16 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Force Constructs: Create 16 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Movable Constructs: Create 10 (Extra: Dynamic, Movable); 2 pts
Mass Communication: Communication 5 (Anywhere, Radio, Extra: Dynamic, Selective); 2 pts
Force Bubble: Immunity 10 (Life Support, Extra: Dynamic, Area Burst [30 ft radius], Ranged, Flaw: Affects Others Only); 2 pts
Force Lifting: Move Object 16 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Emotional Tether: Senses 25 (Detect Love in Jeopardy, Extra: Ranged, Accurate, Extended 20, Tracking 2); 2 pts
Force Minions: Summon 4 (60 pt minions; Extra: Dynamic, Multiple Minions [2 minions], Variable Type 2 [Broad, Hard Light Constructs]); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +4 [Unarmed +1]
Ranged Attack +3
Power Ring +10 [Force Blast +16; Force Lifting +16; Force Constructs +16]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +2 (+14 with Force Field, +6 Impervious), Fortitude +7, Will +16

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: The Red Lantern Corps
Power Loss: The power ring needs periodic recharging and issues a warning as its power runs low
Relationships: She has a long running on and off relationship with Hal Jordan
Responsibility: To run Ferris Air and carry on her family's legacy
Secret Identity: She tries to keep her identity as Star Sapphire secret from the public at large
Weakness: Star Sapphire power rings depend on the ability of the loser to feel love and that is represented by the user's Will rank. The maximum rank of the ring’s effects is equal to the wearer’s Will rank, and moments of loss of belief in love can cause the ring to fail

Abilities 40 + Skills 20 (40 ranks) + Advantages 4 + Powers 127 + Defenses 34 = 225 / 225

Comments: Carol Ferris, the leader of the Star Sapphire Corps. In my setting, she is splitting more time between that duty and Ferris Air after a good while of denying her Star Sapphire responsibilities. During that time, she brought Ferris Air back from the brink of bankruptcy and has made a small fortune for herself and her stockholders.

Along the way, she had a short fling with Tony Stark, which led to a good old fashioned hero vs. hero fight (yes, I'm considering that test, just seems like too much fun) when Hal Jordan found out, even though in the end, he knew he was wrong. She and Hal are still on the outs, but Miri Riam and the Zamarons know that her heart will always belong to him.

Clean Up 2/28/13: Some tweaks to Carol. All my Star Sapphire Array points were off.

While our IF YOU LIKE IT, THEN YOU BETTER PUT A RING ON IT SPECIAL continues, we're giving some love (pun intended) to the Star Sapphire Corps. I realized that I wanted Carol to be a little more powerful, so changed her offense from +11/+15 to +10/+16 and I also I realized that all of the Star Sapphire Crystallization points were off. Its' off in the H&VII book as well, but I added 3rd condition to their Affliction which added 10 pts, making it a whopping 50 pt Affliction. I fixed Miri and Miss Bloss as well. Now for some a couple more builds for their Corps...
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:00 pm

kenmadragon wrote:While you are at the Lantern Corps, would you accept a request for a build for Mogo? 8) :mrgreen:

I most certainly would and as a matter of fact, he (or she, according to Fatality in one of the most recently GL Corps books) is in process. I am just fighting myself on PL. I think I can build her/him at PL15, but I think he's going to come out PL18 at least. Taliesin was able to build him at PL11 in 2E, but I took some serious tradeoffs to do so. I kinda think having a negative defense is a no-no so I'm trying to avoid that, but still make Mogo's Toughness at least Earth level, which Kenson estimated at +35, but Batgirl III disputes. Her Mogo has like a +80 Toughness, which I think is too high. I think planetary Toughness should be somewhere in the middle of that.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:21 pm

Our IF YOU LIKE IT, THEN YOU BETTER PUT A RING ON IT SPECIAL continues with this VIOLET LIGHT SPECIAL for Aisle 1!

I make no attempt to hide my past, Munk. A Green Lantern destroyed my world. I tried to avenge it. Now I am in the Star Sapphire Corps because I have so much to atone for. - Fatality

STAR SAPPHIRE (FATALITY)

PL: 13 (265 pts) - OPL: 13 ; DPL: 13

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 7, STAMINA 7, AGILITY 6, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 13, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 5 (+11), Athletics 4 (+11), Deception 3 (+5/+7) [Attractive], Insight (+2), Intimidation 5 (+7), Investigation 3 (+4), Perception 5 (+7), Persuasion 5 (+7/+9) [Attractive], Stealth (+6)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Attractive (1), Evasion (1), Improved Initiative (1), Move-by Action, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (6), Takedown (1), Tracking, Uncanny Dodge

POWERS:
Star Sapphire Power Ring: 153 pts traits, Removable (-31 pts); 122 pts
Attention Star Sapphire...: Features 2 (A.I. and Star Sapphire Corps Database); 2 pts
What do you love?: Senses 3 (Detect Emotions [Mental, Flaw: Limited to love], Acute Ranged); 2 pts
Love's Light: Environment 2 (60 ft; Light); 2 pts
Force Field: Protection 6 (Flaw: Sustained), Impervious 6 (Flaw: Sustained), Immunity 10 (Life Support); 28 pts
Force Manipulation: 51 pt dynamic array; 67 pts
Star Sapphire Crystallization: Ranged Affliction 10 (Resisted/Overcome by Will; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized, 3rd: Transformed; Extra: Dynamic, Progressive, Extra Condition); 51 pts

Force Blast: Ranged Damage 15 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Force Constructs: Create 15 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Movable Constructs: Create 10 (Extra: Dynamic, Movable); 2 pts
Force Lifting: Move Object 15 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Force Weapons: Strength-based Damage 5, Enhanced Advantages 1 (Improved Critical), (Extra: Dynamic, Variable Descriptor [Bludgeoning/Piercing/Slashing]); 2 pts
Force Bubble: Immunity 10 (Life Support, Extra: Dynamic, Area Burst [30 ft radius], Ranged, Flaw: Affects Others Only); 2 pts
Mass Communication: Communication 5 (Anywhere, Radio, Extra: Dynamic, Selective); 2 pts
Emotional Tether: Senses 25 (Detect Love in Jeopardy, Extra: Ranged, Accurate, Extended 20, Tracking 2); 2 pts[/i]

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +10
Close Attack +13 [Unarmed +7; Ring Weapons +7]
Ranged Attack +11 [[Force Blast +15; Force Lifting +15; Force Constructs +15]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +13 [DC23] Parry +13 [DC23]
Toughness +7 (+13 with Force Field), Fortitude +11, Will +15

COMPLICATIONS:
Relationships: Her feelings of hatred for John Stewart have been replaced with strong feelings of love.
Responsibility: As one of the Star Sapphires, Fatality has responsibility to other wielders of the violet light of love.
Weakness: Star Sapphire power rings depend on the ability of the loser to feel love and that is represented by the user's Will rank. The maximum rank of the ring’s effects is equal to the wearer’s Will rank, and moments of loss of belief in love can cause the ring to fail.

Abilities 86 + Skills 15 (30 ranks) + Advantages 16 + Powers 124 + Defenses 24 = 265 / 265

Build Comments:
Fatality is an interesting character. I was originally going to build her as a Sinestro Corps member, which she was for a while, but she’s won me over as a Star Sapphire so far, so I’ll go with that for now.

Even without a power ring, she was able to give John Stewart and other GLs a hard time, so I probably undersold her fighting abilities, but I figure like most people that get a new toy, she probably uses that more now than her main abilities. Still, unlike the other Star Sapphires, if she loses her ring, she can still fight for love pretty dang well.

Secret Origins: Yrra Cynril is originally from the planet Xanshi - a member of one of the quasi-human races among the numerous forms of sentient beings living there. Her claim to fame was that, as the eldest child of a royal family with a gift for warfare, she was the first of her kind to be educated off-world. She was sent to become a student for the Warlords of Okaara, apparently during the same period of time as Starfire.

The Story so Far: When the Green Lantern Corps is rendered powerless, Fatality views the last Green Lantern, Kyle Rayner, as her ultimate prize. Their conflict takes them from Earth to a desolate planetoid, where during combat she discovers Stewart was to blame for Xanshi's destruction. Fatality seemingly perishes in the battle, though no body (save a severed arm) is recovered.

Fatality later appears on Earth, having acquired a prosthetic arm and a Qwardian yellow power ring. She again fights Kyle Rayner, who convinces her to remove the yellow ring. The Qwardians had booby trapped the ring, causing it to explosively teleport away after being removed. This destroyed Fatality's remaining arm.

After being imprisoned on Earth for a while, she was released by the villain Major Force. She has since been seen working as a bounty hunter in the Vega System in the Green Lantern Corps: Recharge mini-series.

Later, she was captured by the Zamarons and experimented upon, and became the Star Sapphire of Sector 1313. Influenced (essentially brainwashed) by the violet light of love, she is now set on forgiving her nemesis, John Stewart, for whom she claims to have romantic feelings. She finds him on Okaara fighting Larfleeze, also known as Agent Orange, and his Orange Lantern Corps, isolating him with crystals and kissing him. She also encourages him to forgive himself as she's absolved herself of her survivor's guilt. Before departing for Zamaron, she tells him that she has forgiven him as well.

Fatality reaches Zamaron just in time to defend the planet against an attack by members of the Sinestro Corps who had come to retrieve their captured female members. Even though she was originally one of them, she had already been converted by the Star Sapphire Corps unlike many of the others.

Fatality was the Star Sapphire representation in the New Guardians, having become a provisional member of a makeshift 'team' consisting of one representative from each of the seven Corps, including Kyle Rayner of the Green Lantern Corps, Arkillo of the Sinestro Corps, Bleez of the Red Lantern Corps, Saint Walker of the Blue Lantern Corps, Larfleeze's Orange Lantern construct Glomulus, and Munk of the Indigo Tribe.

Characterization: Fatality has super human strength, speed, reflexes and reactions, and endurance. She has been trained by the fabled Warlords of Okaara and is an expert in all forms of combat and the use of many weapons. She is one of the best warriors in the universe.

Friends and Foes: After being converted by the Star Sapphires, she has become attracted to John Stewart, although he is currently torn with his feelings for Katma Tui and Shayera Hol.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:33 pm

The J-Mart IF YOU LIKE IT, THEN YOU BETTER PUT A RING ON IT SPECIAL continues with another VIOLET LIGHT SPECIAL!

For hearts long lost and full of fright,
For those alone in Blackest Night.
Accept our ring and join our fight,
Love conquers all with violet light!

STAR SAPPHIRE (STANDARD)

PL: 11 (212 pts) - OPL: 11 ; DPL: 11

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 0, STAMINA 1, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 3, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Athletics 2 (+2), Deception (+2/+4) [Attractive], Insight 5 (+7), Intimidation (+2), Perception 3 (+5), Persuasion 5 (+7/+9) [Attractive], Ranged Combat [Power Ring] 7 (+9), Stealth (+2)

ADVANTAGES: Attractive (1)

POWERS:
Racial Traits: 20 pts for racial traits and Advantages
Star Sapphire Power Ring: 158 pts traits, Removable (-32 pts); 126 pts
What do you love?: Senses 3 (Detect Emotions [Mental;, Acute, Ranged], Flaw: Limited to love); 2 pts
Love's Light: Environment 2 (60 ft; Light [reduce partial concealment to none, total concealment to partial]); 2 pts
Ring Flight: Flight 14 (32,000 mph), Movement 4 (Environment Adaptation [Zero G], Space Travel 3 [Any star system]), Feature 1 (Use Will [DC20 check] to increase Flight speed instead of Athletics); 37 pts
Force Field: Protection 11 (Flaw: Sustained), Impervious 6 (Flaw: Sustained), Immunity 10 (Life Support); 33 pts
Force Manipulation: 51 pt Dynamic Array; 65 pts
Star Sapphire Crystallization: Ranged Progressive Affliction 10 (Resisted/Overcome by Will; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized, 3rd: Transformed; Extra: Dynamic, Extra Condition); 51 pts

Force Blast: Ranged Force Energy Damage 13 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Force Constructs: Create 13 (Hard Light Constructs; Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Force Lifting: Move Object 13 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Force Bubble: Ranged Burst Area Immunity 10 (Life Support, Extra: Affect Others, Burst Area [30 ft radius], Flaw: Affects Others Only); 2 pts
Emotional Tether: Senses 25 (Detect Love in Jeopardy, Extra: Ranged, Accurate, Extended 20, Tracking 2); 2 pts
Mass Communication: Communication 5 (Subspace audiovisual projection, Any Distance, Extra: Dynamic, Selective); 2 pts[/i]

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +3
Ranged Attack +2
Power Ring +9 [Force Blast +13; Force Lifting +13; Force Constructs +13; Star Sapphire Crystallization +10]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +9 [DC19] Parry +8 [DC18]
Toughness +1 (+12 with Force Field, +6 Impervious with Force Field), Fortitude +6, Will +13

COMPLICATIONS:
Relationships: All Star Sapphires have a great love for someone
Responsibility: As one of the Star Sapphires, Fatality has responsibility to other wielders of the violet light of love
Weakness: Star Sapphire power rings depend on the ability of the loser to feel love and that is represented by the user's Will rank. The maximum rank of the ring’s effects is equal to the wearer’s Will rank, and moments of loss of belief in love can cause the ring to fail

Abilities 26 + Skills 11 (22 ranks) + Advantages 1 + Powers 146 + Defenses 28 = 212 / 212

Comments: Standard Star Sapphire Corpsperson.

Here’s some Mass Combat stats for ladies of love:

STAR SAPPHIRE CORPS MASS COMBAT:

BATALLION 2 (150-450): ATTACK 15, DAMAGE 20, DEFENSE 6, TOUGHNESS 20, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE 3
COMPANY 1 (140): ATTACK 14, DAMAGE 19, DEFENSE 6, TOUGHNESS 19, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE 3
COMPANY 2 (55-125): ATTACK 13, DAMAGE 18, DEFENSE 6, TOUGHNESS 18, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE 3
PLATOON 1 (30-50): ATTACK 12, DAMAGE 17, DEFENSE 6, TOUGHNESS 17, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE 3
PLATOON 2 (15-40): ATTACK 11, DAMAGE 16, DEFENSE 6, TOUGHNESS 16, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE 3
SQUAD (8-10): ATTACK 10, DAMAGE 15, DEFENSE 6, TOUGHNESS 15, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE 3
SQUAD (4-6): ATTACK 9, DAMAGE 14, DEFENSE 6, TOUGHNESS 14, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE 3
BASE (2-3): ATTACK 7, DAMAGE 12, DEFENSE 6, TOUGHNESS 12, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE 3
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

saint_matthew
Overlord
Overlord

Postby saint_matthew » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:46 am

IS it just me or should DC have just let the rainbow corp thing end when they got to the end of the corp war?
“Anti-Intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge’.”
-Isaac Asimov

Earth-Two_Kenn
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Earth-Two_Kenn » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:51 am

saint_matthew wrote:IS it just me or should DC have just let the rainbow corp thing end when they got to the end of the corp war?

It's not just you.
Over eleven hundred DCA/M&M Character builds at http://www.rcuhero.net

Return to “Roll Call”