J-Mart: Preparing for Relocation... :)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:29 pm

We've got our BLUE LIGHT SPECIAL as our IF YOU LIKE IT, THEN YOU BETTER PUT A RING ON IT SPECIAL continues rolling along!

In fearful day, in raging night,
With strong hearts full, our souls ignite!
When all seems lost in the War of Light,
look to the stars, for hope burns bright!

BLUE LANTERN (SISTER SERCY)
PL: 13 (206 pts) - OPL: 13 ; DPL: 12

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 0, STAMINA 1, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 3, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 6, PRESENCE 5

SKILLS: Acrobatics 4 (+7), Deception (+5), Expertise [Theology and Philosophy] 8 (+10) [Ritualist], Insight 6 (+12), Intimidation (+5), Perception 3 (+9), Persuasion 6 (+11), Ranged Combat [Power Ring] 9 (+11), Stealth (+3)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (1) (Uses Expertise: Theology and Philosophy for Ritualist), Inspire (1), Lionheart*, Ritualist, Teamwork, Trance

POWERS:
Blue Lantern Power Ring: 139 pts traits, Removable (-28 pts); 111 pts
The Power of Hope: Features 1 (See Heroes and Villains Volume 1 Blue Lantern Sidebar for details); 1 pts
Attention Blue Lantern...: Features 2 (A.I. and Blue Lantern Corps Database); 2 pts
Communication: Senses 1 (Communication Link to Odym Power Battery); 1 pt
Quick Change: Features 1 (Quick Change); 1 pt
Universal Translator: Comprehend 4 (Speak, Read, Understand, Understood in All Languages); 8 pts
Scanning Beam: Variable 1 (5 pts traits, Extra: Action [Move], Flaw: Limited to Senses); 7 pts
Blue Lantern's Light: Environment 2 (60 ft radius; Light [reduce partial concealment to none, total concealment to partial]); 2 pts
Ring Flight: Flight 14 (32,000 mph), Movement 4 (Environment Adaptation [Zero G], Space Travel 3 [Any star system), Feature 1 (Use Will [DC20 check] to increase Flight speed instead of Athletics); 37 pts
Force Field: Protection 13 (Flaw: Sustained), Impervious 6 (Flaw: Sustained), Immunity 10 (Life Support); 35 pts
Force Manipulation: 31 pt Dynamic Array; 45 pts
Force Bubble: Ranged Burst Area Immunity 10 (Life Support, Extra: Dynamic, Burst Area [30 ft radius], Flaw: Affects others only, Limited [only when Green Lantern is in Perception Range]); 31 pts
Force Blast: Ranged Force Energy Damage 15 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Force Constructs: Create 15 (Hard Light Constructs; Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Movable Constructs: Create 10 (Hard Light Constructs; Extra: Dynamic, Movable); 2 pts
Force Lifting: Move Object 15 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Revitalize: Healing 15 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Hope Burns Bright: Nullify 15 (Orange, Red or Yellow Power Ring Effects, Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Mass Communication: Communication 5 (Subspace audiovisual projection, Any Distance, Extra: Dynamic, Selective, Flaw: Limited [only when Green Lantern is in Perception Range]); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +3 [Unarmed +0]
Ranged Attack +3
Power Ring +11 [Force Blast +15; Force Lifting +15; Force Constructs +15; Power Ring Nullify +15]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +9 [DC19]
Toughness +1 (+14 with Force Field, +6 Impervious with Force Field), Fortitude +6, Will +15

COMPLICATIONS:
Plot Device: The ranks of the Blue Power Ring's effects can increase significantly when there is a large number of people hoping for the same thing. The effect rank is equal to the number of beings providing the hope, read on the Volume column of the Measurements Table. So only one being is rank 0, whereas a billion souls is rank 30.
Power Loss: The power ring needs periodic recharging and issues a warning when its power runs low. The Blue Lantern rings are also fueled by hope. If the wearer of the ring and others near the wearer of a Blue Lantern power ring lose hope, the ring ceases to function.
Responsibility: To spread hope throughout Section 0004.
Weakness: Blue Lantern’s Force Manipulation Array only functions while within perception range of a Green Lantern, also Flight and Force Field ranks are halved when out of this range.

Abilities 44 + Skills 18 (36 ranks) + Advantages 6 + Powers 111 + Defenses 27 = 206 / 206

Build Comments:
Sister Sercy is the only female member of the Blue Lantern Corps at the moment. I am thinking of going back and adding a bunch of weird racial powers to her just to make her more interesting, but for now, she remains pretty generic. I'm also not adding any standard Blue Lantern Corps builds or Mass Combat because as near as I can tell, it's just these four I've posted and maybe a couple others, unless I missed something.

Secret Origins: Sercy was a religious figure of her homeworld, located in space sector 4, who was recruited by Brother Hymn and taken to Odym to be instructed by Ganthet and Sayd.

The Story so Far: Her homeworld had long been oppressed by Evil Star, an old foe of Green Lantern Hal Jordan, and she was eager to use the blue light to stop him. During her induction, however, Agent Orange, the wielder of the orange light of avarice, sent his Orange Lantern Corps upon Odym to seize a Blue Lantern Power Ring for himself.

Sercy and the other Blue Lanterns survived the assault and she has continued to spread hope throughout the galaxy as an active member of the Corps.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:48 pm

Our IF YOU LIKE IT, THEN YOU BETTER PUT A RING ON IT SPECIAL continues with this new item for Aisle 1!

Death compels us because powerful or weak, loved or hated -- no one escapes death. That includes you. The dead will rise. And you are connected to them all. - Black Hand

BLACK HAND
PL: 14 (212 pts) - OPL: 14 ; DPL: 8

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA --, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 3, INTELLECT 5, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Athletics (+2), Close Combat [Unarmed] 7 (+10), Deception 5 (+7), Expertise [Death] 15 (+20), Insight (+3), Intimidation (+2), Perception 4 (+7), Persuasion (+2), Stealth (+2), Technology 5 (+10), Treatment 2 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Diehard

POWERS:
Black Lantern Power Ring: 179 pts traits, Removable (-36 pts); 143 pts
Protection: Protection 8; 8 pts
Life Draining: Weaken Stamina 18; 18 pts
Risen: Immortality 19 (2 rounds) , Immunity 30 (Fortitude effects), Regeneration 20 (2/every round); 89 pts
Spectral Sight: Enhanced Skills 4 (Insight 8 ranks), Senses 5 (Detect Emotions [Mental;, Ranged, Accurate, Acute]); 9 pts
Black Flight: Flight 8 (500 mph), Movement 1 (Space Travel 1); 18 pts
Rise…: Summon 2 (Undead, 30 pts minions, Extra: Controlled, Horde, Mental Link, Multiple Minions [250 total]); 37 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +
Unarmed +10 [Unarmed +2; Life Draining +18]
Ranged Attack +2

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 [DC18] Parry +8 [DC18]
Toughness +8, Fortitude --, Will +13

COMPLICATIONS:
Arrogance: Black Hand has a very high opinion of himself and his abilities, and loves to gloat given the opportunity
Enemy: Hal Jordan
Obsession: Death
Vulnerable: The White Light of Creation can destroy Black Lanterns and they are also vulnerable to other light based damage effects. They can also be destroyed by the combination of two or more of the other rings of the emotional spectrum

Abilities 28 + Skills 19 (38 ranks) + Advantages 1 + Powers 143 + Defenses 21 = 212 / 212

Comments: Black Hand just won’t go away in the GL-verse. I’ve never been a fan, although I thought he served his purpose in Blackest Night. But he just keeps coming back. Johns must like him a lot. He’s really a one trick pony now that he’s not creating anymore Black Lantern rings but it’s a damn good trick. His Death Touch is wicked and since I pumped his Unarmed up to +10, he’s going to hit with it a lot, making the GLs work at range with him for sure.
Shop J-Mart!

Woodclaw
Luminary
Luminary

Re: J-Mart: Sinestro Corps, Blue Lanterns, Black Hand

Postby Woodclaw » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:53 am

Thorpa, since Earth 217 is a shared Marvel/DC universe, should it be possible for some MU characters to be deputized as Lanterns (like this old build of mine)?
"Yes, it's a bloody flying alligator setting fire to my city!"

Sam Vimes (Guards! Guards!)

From a dark corner of my mind (my build's thread)
From another dark corner of my mind (my Deviantart page)

Blitz
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Blitz » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:51 am

Woodclaw wrote:Thorpa, since Earth 217 is a shared Marvel/DC universe, should it be possible for some MU characters to be deputized as Lanterns (like this old build of mine)?

Let's not forget a Green Lantern ring for the Man Without Fear!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:23 am

Blitz wrote:
Woodclaw wrote:Thorpa, since Earth 217 is a shared Marvel/DC universe, should it be possible for some MU characters to be deputized as Lanterns (like this old build of mine)?

I would certainly think that would be the case. There should be Skrull, Kree, Viltrumite, and others as well. I'll have to whip some of those up. I'm going to take a break from the GL-verse after I post some Red Lanterns later, but when I get inspired again, I'll certainly work some up.
Shop J-Mart!

Blitz
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Blitz » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:55 am

Thorpacolypse wrote:
Blitz wrote:

I would certainly think that would be the case. There should be Skrull, Kree, Viltrumite, and others as well. I'll have to whip some of those up. I'm going to take a break from the GL-verse after I post some Red Lanterns later, but when I get inspired again, I'll certainly work some up.

I don't know that the idea is worth new builds, exactly. Especially if you didn't see certain characters as Lanterns in your setting. Just a note of "add Lantern ring stat block to appropriate NPC" would do.

Unless, of course, the idea inspires you. In that case, have fun!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:38 pm

Our IF YOU LIKE IT THEN YOU BETTER PUT A RING ON IT wraps up tonight with some RED LIGHT SPECIALS!

He's always a HEAD above everyone else...

RED LANTERN (ZILIUS ZOX)
PL: 12 (209 pts) - OPL: 12 ; DPL: 12

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3 [6], STAMINA 4 [8], AGILITY 0 [1], DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 5 [8], INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Athletics (+6), Deception 5 (+7), Insight (+2), Intimidation 8 (+10), Perception 3 (+5), Persuasion (+2), Ranged Combat [Power Ring] 8 (+10), Stealth (+1), Technology 2 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Close Attack (4), Fast Grab

POWERS:
Big Alien Head: Features 3 (Increased Mass 3), Extra Limbs 1 (Leg on the back of head); 4 pts
Big Mouth: Piercing Strength-based Damage 3, Enhanced Advantages 1 (Improved Hold), (Flaw: Grab-based); 3 pts
Red Lantern Power Ring: 154 pts traits, Removable (-31 pts); 123 pts
Attention Red Lantern...: Features 2 (A.I. and Red Lantern Corps Database); 2 pts
Communication: Senses 1 (Communication Link to Central Power Battery); 1 pt
Universal Translator: Comprehend 4 (Speak, Read, Understand, Understood in All Languages); 8 pts
Red Lantern's Light: Environment 2 (60 ft; Light [reduce partial concealment to none, total concealment to partial]); 2 pts
Ring Flight: Flight 14 (32,000 mph), Movement 4 (Environment Adaptation [Zero G], Space Travel 3 [Any star system]), Feature 1 (Use Fortitude [DC20 check] to increase Flight speed instead of Athletics); 37 pts
Force Field: Protection 6 (Flaw: Sustained), Impervious 6 (Flaw: Sustained), Immunity 10 (Life Support); 28 pts
Heartless: Feature 1 (Heart and other vital organs not critical to survival), Regeneration 1 (1/every 9 rounds); 2 pts
Mindless Rage: Immunity 15 (Mental Effects, Flaw: Limited to half-effect, Interaction Effects); 10 pts
Power of Rage: Enhanced Strength 3, Enhanced Stamina 4, Enhanced Agility 1, Enhanced Fighting 3,Senses 4 (Detect Rage [Mental; Ranged, Acute, Extended], Feature 3 (all power rings except Blue Rings lose charge faster when defending against Red Power Ring effects); 29 pts
Red Light of Rage: 32 pt Array; 35 pts
Burning Blood: Acid Damage 10 (Extras: Reach 2 [10 ft], Duration [Sustained, extinguished by a cessation of rage or the Blue Light of Hope]); 32 pts
Fires of Rage: Ranged Fire Damage 14; 1 pts
Rage Constructs: Create 14 (Hard Light Constructs); 1 pt
Mass Communication: Communication 5 (Subspace audiovisual projection, Any Distance, Extra: Dynamic, Selective); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +1
Close Attack +12 [Unarmed +6; Big Mouth +9; Burning Blood +10]
Ranged Attack +2
Power Ring +10 [Fires of Rage +14; Rage Constructs +14]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +5 [DC15] Parry +8 [DC18]
Toughness +8 (+14 with Force Field, +6 Impervious), Fortitude +15, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Hatred: He hates…
Power Loss: The power ring needs periodic recharging and issues a warning when its power runs low
Responsibility: To shine the Red Light of Rage throughout the universe
Vulnerable: Red Lanterns cannot remove their ring without risking death. The ring also inspires mindless rage in its bearer. The light of a Blue Lantern ring can help counteract these effects
Weakness: Red Lantern Corps power rings depend on the ability of the wielders to feel rage. The maximum rank of the ring’s effects is equal to the user’s Fortitude Rank to reflect the being’s capacity for raw fury. Calming thoughts and hopeful feelings, such as those inspired by the Blue Lanterns, can cause the ring to fail

Abilities 42 + Skills 13 (26 ranks) + Advantages 6 + Powers 130 + Defenses 18 = 209 / 209

Build Comments:
Zilius Zox is from the same place as former GL Galius Zed, a planet of people whose heads are pretty much their whole body. It made Zed one of the more recognizable GL’s and has done the same for Zox. He’s become one of the more notable characters in the current Green Lantern Animated Series and is getting some good run now in the Red Lantern comic, now that Atrocitus has restored his mental faculties.

Secret Origins: Zilius Zox is a member of the same species as the deceased Green Lanterns, Galius Zed and Cundiff Cood. Like his fellow Red Lanterns, Zilius Zox was called to the red light because he possessed the capacity for great anger. The Red Lantern was among the many red warriors who pledged allegiance to Atrocitus, swearing revenge against Sinestro and his depraved Sinestro Corps.

The Story so Far: On the Red Lantern's home planet of Ysmault, Zilius Zox, appears to be on Bleez side as she forms a group of Red Lanterns that want to "Rrragge at...Atrocitu...ssss!!". Then after Atrocitus throws Bleez into the Blood Ocean to clean her mind, he throws Zilius Zox, Ratchet and Skallox in as well hoping to learn Bleez plans from these three.

But while the three are in the Blood Ocean, Krona's body goes missing and Atrocitus sends Bleez into the Ocean to retrieve the Lanterns to help him find the body. When Bleez pull Zilius Zox out he is glad to have his memories back and wishes to punish the ones who hurt him.

Zilius Zox then gets in an argument with Ratchet and threaten to throw him back into the Ocean, for talking too much, but Atrocitus stops him, demanding the Red Lanterns focus on the task at hand, finding Krona's body.

Zilius Zox is, then among the Lanterns who watch Bleez and Atrocitus fight, and though Skallox stops them Zox seems to be enjoying the beating Bleez receives. This maybe why Zox stays on Ysmault instead of following Bleez off world to catch some hiding Sinestro Corp members.

Characterization: Zilius and vicious and conniving member of the Red Lantern Corps.

Friends and Foes: He seems to have formed a bond with Ratchet, Skallox and Bleez.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:45 pm

Our IF YOU LIKE IT THEN YOU BETTER PUT A RING ON IT continues with another RED LIGHT SPECIAL!

It may not be a new visual, but the whole flaming head thing will always be a fave.

RED LANTERN (RANKORR)
PL: 13 (202 pts) - OPL: 12 ; DPL: 13

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1 [5], STAMINA 2 [7], AGILITY 2 [4], DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 4 [9], INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Athletics 3 (+8), Deception (+2), Insight 5 (+7), Intimidation 8 (+10), Perception 3 (+5), Persuasion (+2), Ranged Combat [Power Ring] 7 (+9), Stealth (+4)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Close Attack (3), Power Attack, Withstand Damage*

POWERS:
Red Lantern Power Ring: 163 pts traits, Removable (-33 pts); 130 pts
Attention Red Lantern...: Features 2 (A.I. and Red Lantern Corps Database); 2 pts
Red Lantern's Light: Environment 2 (60 ft; Light [reduce partial concealment to none, total concealment to partial]); 2 pts
Ring Flight: Flight 14 (32,000 mph), Movement 4 (Environment Adaptation [Zero G], Space Travel 3 [Any star system]), Feature 1 (Use Fortitude [DC20 check] to increase Flight speed instead of Athletics); 37 pts
Force Field: Protection 7 (Flaw: Sustained), Impervious 6 (Flaw: Sustained), Immunity 10 (Life Support), Enhanced Advantage 1 (Withstand Damage); 30 pts
Heartless: Feature 1 (Heart and other vital organs not critical to survival), Regeneration 1 (1/every 5 rounds); 2 pts
Mindless Rage: Immunity 15 (Mental Effects, Flaw: Limited to half-effect); 5 pts
Power of Rage: Enhanced Strength 4, Enhanced Stamina 5, Enhanced Agility 2, Enhanced Fighting 5, Senses 4 (Detect Rage [Mental; Ranged, Acute, Extended], Feature 3 (all power rings except Blue Rings lose charge faster when defending against Red Power Ring effects); 39 pts
Red Light of Rage: 33 pt Array; 37 pts
Burning Blood: Acid Damage 10 (Extras: Reach 3 [15 ft], Duration [Sustained, extinguished by a cessation of rage or the Blue Light of Hope]); 32 pts
Fires of Rage: Ranged Fire Damage 15; 1 pts
Rage Constructs: Create 15 (Hard Light Constructs); 1 pt
Claws of Rage: Slashing Strength-based Damage 3 (Extra: Dangerous, Split); 1 pt
Mass Communication: Communication 5 (Subspace audiovisual projection, Any Distance, Extra: Dynamic, Selective); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +4
Close Attack +12 [Unarmed +5; Claws of Rage +8, Critical 19-20; Burning Blood +10]
Ranged Attack +2
Power Ring +9 [Fires of Rage +15; Rage Constructs +15]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +7 (+14 with Force Field, +6 Impervious with Force Field), Fortitude +15, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Hatred: He hates the police for beating his brother to death as well as the man who was really responsible for his family's trouble.
Power Loss: The power ring needs periodic recharging and issues a warning when its power runs low.
Responsibility: To shine the Red Light of Rage throughout the universe.
Vulnerable: Red Lanterns cannot remove their ring without risking death. The ring also inspires mindless rage in its bearer. The light of a Blue Lantern ring can help counteract these effects.
Weakness: Red Lantern Corps power rings depend on the ability of the wielders to feel rage. The maximum rank of the ring’s effects is equal to the user’s Fortitude Rank to reflect the being’s capacity for raw fury. Calming thoughts and hopeful feelings, such as those inspired by the Blue Lanterns, can cause the ring to fail.

Abilities 32 + Skills 13 (26 ranks) + Advantages 5 + Powers 130 + Defenses 24 = 204 / 204

Build Comments:
Rankorr is actually John Moore from Earth, added to the Red Lantern Corps to give them a more relatable presence. Besides Dex-Starr, that is. He has been one of the only RLs to be able to keep most of his faculties and create constructs without the ritual that Atrocitus performed for Bleez, Zilius Zox and a couple of others.

He was the build that made me change my RL ring setup the most because it was obvious he had physical enhancements into additional to the standard Red Lantern ring abilities, so I started looking back on some stuff, and I added that some other builds, too.

Secret Origins: As a child John Moore and his brother Ray were taken care of by their grandfather after their mother died, an event that effected him greatly, the shock of it caused him to become a very passive person, reading books, and driving his rage further and further down. He was bullied constantly at school, but no matter how bad it got he never allowed himself to get angry.

Years later John's grandfather was brutally murdered during a robbery in which the mugger savagely beat in his head with a brick. His brother was outraged not only with the murder but at the lack of proof to convict the killer. When John's brother came to ask for help to hide from the cops for trying to kill the mugger by firebombing his house, John declined. John watched from a window as his brother was beaten by the police for resisting arrest and assaulting the arresting officers, cracking his skull open. John walked out from his house to see his brother seemingly dead on the sidewalk, loathing himself for his cowardice, and doing nothing to save his brother. At that moment a Red Power Ring flying towards Earth found its way to him and John became the first human Red Lantern.

The Story so Far: After witnessing his brothers death at hands of police brutality, John Moore's rage exploded out of him and the red ring sought him out. After the transformation he went to his grandfather's grave, there he realized it was his grandfather's killer, Baxter, that was the cause of him losing his brother. He then flew off with the tombstone of his grandfather to find and bring justice to the killer. He finds Baxter, being protected by the police, he then breaks open the police cruiser and takes him. He pleas for John to show mercy, but John ignores his cries and slams Baxter with the tombstone. Before he can make a fatal strike he is stopped by Guy Gardner who tries to talk John through the rage and calm him. But John is taken away by the ring to planet Ysmault, the Red Lantern home-world before Guy is finished with him.

Getting to Ysmault, he is dropped directly in the middle of Atrocitus' encounter with Abysmus. Speaking for the first time, he helps Atrocitus up, but when the Power Battery is corrupted, he is blamed by several of the other Red Lanterns. Atrocitus denies that, and Rankorr leaves with a squad of Red Lanterns to attack the Violet Lanterns of love, who they believe to be the cause of theCentral Power Battery's corruption. On their way, he was targeted by his own fellow Corps members however, as they thought him as the weakest member for being the newest. They are proven wrong though, when Rankorr Proceeds to create a construct and Obliterates two of his three attackers. At point blank range, he vomits napalm in the last one's face. Showcasing his skill and strength, he becomes now a respected member of the Corps. The Red Lanterns proceed with their plans, but are ambushed by Violets led by Fatality. Amid the chaos of a brief and violent battle, Rankorr is knocked unconcious and left to float in space. Regaining consciousness, he flies through space in search of his fellow Corps members, who were taken captive to the planet of love. Spotting a distress flare from a wounded Atrocitus fighting Abyssmus, he makes his way as fast as he can to his leader. Upon arrival, he creates yet another construct, constructs of the dead Corps members who have died by the poisoning of the Rings. This fills Abyssmus with guilt, and hands Atrocitus an opening with which he uses to slay his failed experiment.

Later, he is one of Atrocitus' most trusted Red Lanterns, going so far as to join Bleez and he when they answer a call for rage on the barbaric war torn planet of Arhtky, in Sector 2967. He finds the weakness of certain invincible creatures who ambush them, proving his cunning that goes with his strength.

Characterization: John Moore battled against a latent rage for years following the death of his grandfather. Unlike his brother he kept his rage in check, while his brother continually started fights or other forms of trouble. Once when watching his brother be taken away again by the police, and being brutalized by them, his rage finally overcame him and a Red Lantern Corps ring sought him out.

Friends and Foes: He has become a leader in the Red Lantern Corps in his short time with them and has become close to Atrocitus and Dex-Starr.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:49 pm

Let's drop another RED LIGHT SPECIAL while our IF YOU LIKE IT THEN YOU BETTER PUT A RING ON IT SPECIAL continues!

Don't care who you are, that's GOTTA hurt!

RED LANTERN (SKALLOX)
PL: 13 (209 pts) - OPL: 13 ; DPL: 13

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 6 [9], STAMINA 7 [10], AGILITY 2 [3], DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 6 [10], INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE -1

SKILLS: Athletics 4 (+13), Deception (-1), Expertise [Criminal] 5 (+5), Insight (+1), Intimidation 11 (+10), Perception 2 (+3), Persuasion (-1), Ranged Combat [Power Ring] 8 (+10), Stealth (+3)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Close Attack (2), Power Attack, Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Horns: Piercing Strength-based Damage 1; 1 pt
Red Lantern Power Ring: 154 pts traits, Removable (-31 pts); 124 pts
Force Field: Protection 5 (Flaw: Sustained), Impervious 6 (Flaw: Sustained), Immunity 10 (Life Support); 27 pts
Heartless: Feature 1 (Heart and other vital organs not critical to survival), Regeneration 1 (1/every 9 rounds); 2 pts
Mindless Rage: Immunity 15 (Mental Effects, Flaw: Limited to half-effect, Interaction Effects); 10 pts
Power of Rage: Enhanced Strength 3, Enhanced Stamina 3, Enhanced Agility 1, Enhanced Fighting 4, Senses 4 (Detect Rage [Mental; Ranged, Acute, Extended], Feature 3 (all power rings except Blue Rings lose charge faster when defending against Red Power Ring effects); 29 pts
Red Light of Rage: 35 pt Array; 39 pts
Burning Blood: Acid Damage 11 (Extras: Reach 2 [15 ft], Duration [Sustained, extinguished by a cessation of rage or the Blue Light of Hope]); 35 pts
Fires of Rage: Ranged Fire Damage 16; 1 pts
Rage Constructs: Create 16 (Hard Light Constructs); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +12 [Unarmed +9; Horns +10; Burning Blood +11]
Ranged Attack +2
Power Ring +10 [Fires of Rage +16; Rage Constructs +16]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +9 [DC19] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +10 (+15 with Force Field, +6 Impervious), Fortitude +16, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Hatred: He hates his former crime syndicate partners for turning on him
Power Loss: The power ring needs periodic recharging and issues a warning when its power runs low
Responsibility: To shine the Red Light of Rage throughout the universe
Vulnerable: Red Lanterns cannot remove their ring without risking death. The ring also inspires mindless rage in its bearer. The light of a Blue Lantern ring can help counteract these effects
Weakness: Red Lantern Corps power rings depend on the ability of the wielders to feel rage. The maximum rank of the ring’s effects is equal to the user’s Fortitude Rank to reflect the being’s capacity for raw fury. Calming thoughts and hopeful feelings, such as those inspired by the Blue Lanterns, can cause the ring to fail

Abilities 46 + Skills 15 (30 ranks) + Advantages 6 + Powers 124 + Defenses 18 = 209 / 209

Build Comments:
Skallox got featured in an issue of Stormwatch where he took on Midnighter and Apollo. He ended up losing, but held his own well, so I made him PL13 like the other higher lever Red Lanterns.

Secret Origins: Skallox is shown being interoggated by his employer, Lancer over the location of some Cyber Eggs. When he does not give up their location he is cast into an oven and burned alive. As Skallox burns, he is overcome with anger to the point where he does not feel pain. The fact that he has been betrayed by his employer and that his own cunning did not forsee it causes his rage to burn like a fire. A Red Ring smashes through the oven before him.

The Story so Far: He later appears as one of Atrocitus' savage Red Lanterns whose mind is overcome with rage. Atrocitus tries to ask him a question and Skallox flies off. Atrocitus catches him and bites into his neck which allows him to see through Skallox's memories. Atrocitues witnesses Bleez gathering with Ratchet and Zilius Zox, while still savage, possibly plotting to kill Atrocitus. Skallox is then tossed into the Blood Ocean by Atrocitus so that he may relive his pain and gain his sentience. His past disappoints Ratchet who was hoping their mission of vengeance was for the innocent not the wicked.

Characterization: Skallox continues to be a ruthless member of the Red Lantern Corps.

Friends and Foes: He seems to have formed a bond with Ratchet, Zilius Zox and Bleez.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:01 pm

Our IF YOU LIKE IT, THEN YOU BETTER PUT A RING ON IT SPECIAL finally winds up for now with this final RED LIGHT SPECIAL!

With blood and rage of crimson red,
Ripped from a corpse so freshly dead,
Together with our hellish hate,
We'll burn you all--that is your fate!

RED LANTERN (STANDARD)

PL: 11 (189 pts) - OPL: 11 ; DPL: 11

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1 [4], STAMINA 2 [6], AGILITY 1 [3], DEXTERITY 1, FIGHTING 4 [7], INTELLECT -2, AWARENESS 0, PRESENCE -2

SKILLS: Athletics 4 (+8), Deception (-2), Intimidation 10 (+8), Perception 2 (+2), Persuasion (-2), Ranged Combat [Power Ring] 6 (+7), Stealth (+3)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Close Attack (2)

POWERS:
Racial Traits: 20 pts for racial traits and Advantages; 20 pts
Red Lantern Power Ring: 156 pts traits, Removable (-31 pts); 125 pts Attention Red Lantern...: Features 2 (A.I. and Red Lantern Corps Database); 2 pts
Universal Translator: Comprehend 4 (Speak, Read, Understand, Write, All Languages); 8 pts
Force Field: Protection 8 (Flaw: Sustained), Impervious 6 (Flaw: Sustained), Immunity 10 (Life Support); 30 pts
Heartless: Feature 1 (Heart and other vital organs not critical to survival), Regeneration 1 (1/every 5 rounds); 2 pts
Mindless Rage: Immunity 15 (Mental Effects, Flaw: Limited [half-effect], Interaction Effects); 10 pts
Power of Rage: Enhanced Strength 3, Enhanced Stamina 4, Enhanced Agility 2, Enhanced Fighting 4, Senses 4 (Detect Rage [Mental; Ranged, Acute, Extended], Feature 3 (all power rings except Blue Rings lose charge faster when defending against Red Power Ring effects); 33 pts
Red Light of Rage: 29 pt Array; 32 pts
[i]Burning Blood: Acid Damage 9 (Extras: Reach 2 [10 ft], Duration [Sustained, extinguished by a cessation of rage or the Blue Light of Hope]); 29 pts
Fires of Rage: Ranged Fire Damage 14; 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +1
Close Attack +10 [Unarmed +4; Burning Blood +9; Claws of Rage +7, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +1
Power Ring +7 [Fires of Rage +14]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 [DC18] Parry +8 [DC18]
Toughness +6 (+14 with Force Field, +6 Impervious with Force Field), Fortitude +14, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Hatred: Every Red Lantern has a hatred of something in order to be worth of the Corps.
Power Loss: The power ring needs periodic recharging and issues a warning when its power runs low.
Responsibility: To shine the Red Light of Rage throughout the universe.
Servant of Rage: Red Lanterns cannot remove their ring without risking death. The ring also inspires mindless rage in its bearer. The light of a Blue Lantern ring can help counteract these effects.
Weakness: Red Lantern Corps power rings depend on the ability of the wielders to feel rage. The maximum rank of the ring’s effects is equal to the user’s Fortitude Rank to reflect the being’s capacity for raw fury. Calming thoughts and hopeful feelings, such as those inspired by the Blue Lanterns, can cause the ring to fail.

Abilities 10 + Skills 11 (22 ranks) + Advantages 3 + Powers 145 + Defenses 20 = 189 / 189

Comments: As stated earlier, since I have grand plans (that will probably never be fulfilled) of having my own War of Light in the Thorpacoverse, I figured I should make templates of all the Lantern Corps for my setting just in case I ever get around to it, or for testing. I’m ending up with probably my favorite Corps at the moment, the Red Lanterns. I love the GL Corps, of course, it’s just that the Red Lanterns have so much potential as anti-heroes, but their book hasn't been that great and I fear we may have too much of a good thing, as we've previously discussed. I think the GL cartoon has them, though, helped since Razer has become a pretty good side character.

For each template, I added adding 20 pts for racial traits, just to get a better idea of overall points costs for alien Lanterns, as well as hopefully making it easier for me (or anyone else that wants to use it) to take the templates and tailor them for the Lantern that they want.

Here's their mass combat stats:

RED LANTERN CORPS MASS COMBAT:

REGIMENT 1 (3,000-4,000): ATTACK 18, DAMAGE 23, DEFENSE 6, TOUGHNESS 25, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE 3
REGIMENT 2 (1,250-2,750): ATTACK 17, DAMAGE 22, DEFENSE 6, TOUGHNESS 24, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE 3
BATALLION 1 (500-1,000): ATTACK 16, DAMAGE 21, DEFENSE 6, TOUGHNESS 23, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE 3
BATALLION 2 (150-450): ATTACK 15, DAMAGE 20, DEFENSE 6, TOUGHNESS 22, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE 3
COMPANY 1 (140): ATTACK 14, DAMAGE 19, DEFENSE 6, TOUGHNESS 21, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE 3
COMPANY 2 (55-125): ATTACK 13, DAMAGE 18, DEFENSE 6, TOUGHNESS 20, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE 3
PLATOON 1 (30-50): ATTACK 12, DAMAGE 17, DEFENSE 6, TOUGHNESS 19, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE 3
PLATOON 2 (15-40): ATTACK 11, DAMAGE 16, DEFENSE 6, TOUGHNESS 18, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE 3
SQUAD (8-10): ATTACK 10, DAMAGE 15, DEFENSE 6, TOUGHNESS 17, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE 3
SQUAD (4-6): ATTACK 9, DAMAGE 14, DEFENSE 6, TOUGHNESS 16, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE 3
BASE (2-3): ATTACK 7, DAMAGE 12, DEFENSE 6, TOUGHNESS 14, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE 3
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: J-Mart: Blue Lanterns, Black Hand, Red Lanterns

Postby kenmadragon » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:38 pm

What always creeped me out about the Red Lanterns: They spit acidic bloody bile on their foes, as if they were throwing up bloody waterfalls from their mouths, and its friggin DISGUSTING!

scc
Zealot
Zealot

Postby scc » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:30 pm

I know he is a dirtbag but I always enjoy seeing Zox in comics. That being said I do like seeing him get beat up as well. I know the lantern thing has been done to death but the various groups have some interesting, scary or goofy designs. I love it actually. My favorite group that falls into that category is the Sinestro Corps.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:37 pm

Blitz wrote:I don't know that the idea is worth new builds, exactly. Especially if you didn't see certain characters as Lanterns in your setting. Just a note of "add Lantern ring stat block to appropriate NPC" would do.

Unless, of course, the idea inspires you. In that case, have fun!

Oh, it does. I'll just need to take a little break from the Lantern-verse for a bit, find some art that inspires me (like that awesome Darth Vader Sinestro Corps picture from a couple years back) and I'll whip some up.

kenmadragon wrote:What always creeped me out about the Red Lanterns: They spit acidic bloody bile on their foes, as if they were throwing up bloody waterfalls from their mouths, and its friggin DISGUSTING!

That disgustingness (not a real word :wink:) is why I like them so much. Especially Dex-Starr. Seeing him yak all over people and take them out is one of the great visuals of the past 10 years IMHO. :twisted:

scc wrote:I know he is a dirtbag but I always enjoy seeing Zox in comics. That being said I do like seeing him get beat up as well. I know the lantern thing has been done to death but the various groups have some interesting, scary or goofy designs. I love it actually. My favorite group that falls into that category is the Sinestro Corps.

I like Zox, too. As I mentioned before, I think they need to take a break from the various Corps for a while and leave them for cameo appearances. It will be interesting to see what the new creative teams do with them. But apparently Larfleeze is even getting his own book, which will good for a chuckle for a couple of books, but I can't see it lasting.
Shop J-Mart!

kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:45 pm

Ok, for some reason, Dex-starr makes it work. Somehow...

And I think that a Larfleeze book would be rather funny. He has one of the more ... interesting personalities of the lantern corps. I found his representation in the GL animated series to be hilarious. Though for some reason, I thought that they would get Andy Serkis (who was the voice of Gollum in LotR) to voice Larfleeze...dunno, it seemed to fit in my mind. The resemblance between Gollum and Larfleeze is uncanny...both are scrawny, vicious little pests who crave theri precious shiny, and are both crazy, petty, and vindictive. Heck, they even both have the same hunched over clawy posture...

:mrgreen:

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:32 pm

After a short break to get the builders in our sweatshop, er, I mean workshop, rejuvenated after our last big run, we're back with new builds! And there's one thing that always get the J-Mart staff back in the groove; LADIES' NIGHT! So check out this new item as we kick off a few LADIES' NIGHT SPECIALS!

Let's hope she lasts longer the last two Smashers...

SMASHER (IZZY DARE)
PL: 10 (104 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 0 [12], STAMINA 1 [9], AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 4, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Athletics (+12), Close Combat [Unarmed] (+8), Deception (+1), Expertise [Astrology] 6 (+8), Expertise [Farmer] 3 (+5), Insight 5 (+7), Intimidation (+1), Perception 3 (+5), Persuasion 2 (+3), Stealth (+2), Technology 3 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (1) (Status – Imperial Superguardsman), Defensive Roll (1), Equipment (1), Teamwork

POWERS:
Shi'ar Exospecs: 59 pts traits, Removable (-12 pts); 47 pts
Body Armor: Protection 2; 2 pts
Space Flight: Flight 8 (500 mph), Movement 2 (Space Flight 2); 20 pts
Fighting Enhancements: Enhanced Dodge 2, Enhanced Parry 2, Enhanced Skills 6 (Close Combat [Unarmed] 4, Ranged Combat [Exospec Blasts] 8); 10 pts
Smasher Power Array: 24 pt Array; 27 pts
Smasher Strength: Enhanced Strength 12; 24 pts
Flash Vision: Ranged Damage 10; 1 pt
Invulnerability: Enhanced Stamina 8, Enhanced Advantages 2 (Diehard, Great Endurance); 1 pt
Smasher Speed: Speed 8 (500 mph), Quickness 8, Enhanced Advantages 4 (Improved Initiative 4); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(5ep)
Avengers Communicard: Senses 2 (Communication Link [Radio, Avengers Members), GPS, Feature 1 (Watchtower/Avengers Mansion Access), Benefit 1 (Avengers Status); 5ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +4
Unarmed +4 (+8) [Unarmed +0/+12]
Ranged Attack +2
Flash Vision +10 [Flash Vision +10]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +6 (+8 with Exospecs) [DC16/18] Parry +6 (+8 with Exospecs) [DC16/18]
Toughness +4 (+12 with Invulnerability), Fortitude +4 (+12 with Invulnerability), Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Inexperienced: Izzy has just recently acquired the Exospecs and she is just learning how to be a hero
Relationships: Her dad and her grandma, Dan Dare
Responsibility: To her family's farm but mainly to the Shi'ar Empire

Abilities 28 + Skills 11 (22 ranks) + Advantages 4 + Powers 47 + Defenses 14 = 104 / 104

Comments: Izzy Dare, granddaughter of Dan Dare, former pulp hero, is the new Smasher of the Imperial Guard and member of the new Avengers team. Sidenote: The new Avengers books is real good. The new New Avengers book is moving too slow right now, for me, but it has great potential.

Anyway, Smasher has always been an Ultra Boy analogue so the Exospecs gave Izzy the same powers. She has a lot of great powers, but can only use one at a time. Her original story was pretty cool and I look forward to seeing her work with the rest of the team.
Shop J-Mart!

Return to “Roll Call”