J-Mart: Preparing for Relocation... :)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Re: J-Mart: The Champion, Man-Ape, Killmonger, Boomerang

Post by Thorpacolypse » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:49 pm

My next batch of builds will be focusing on the denizens of the Kirkman/Invincible Universe. Sometimes he goes over the top with things, but by and large, Kirkman spins wonderful tales in the Invincible and Walking Dead (I'll get back to that, I promise, probably in the fall when the new season starts) universes, amongst other things, and Invincible has become one of my all-time favorite books. I've already done several, but now that I have caught up on Invincible, gathered the Guarding the Globes trades and read Invincible Universe on my phone, I've been building the other Invincible-verse builds that I've missed like I have nothing better to do. Which I do, I'm just not doing it. 8)

Phil Hester has taken over the Guardians of the Globe and new Invincible Universe series, which is really just an extension of the GOG mini-series he just did. Hester has really done a great job of creating new characters, and expanding upon Kirkman's creations outside of Invincible and I had to add that book to my pull list, too. So good-bye Stormwatch and Batwing. I gave them plenty of time to improve, but daddy has a budget. :wink:

I have some other Marvel jobbers, several updates and a slight diversion for Build 900, but other than that, get ready for a sh*tload of Kirkman and Hester creations over the next few weeks.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Re: #268

Post by Thorpacolypse » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:44 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:Another new item for our Image/Skybound shelves is coming out of the warehouse!

If there can be 5000 Green Lanterns, we can have 2 Invincibles...

BULLETPROOF (INVINCIBLE)
PL: 10 (150 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 12, STAMINA 8, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 2 (+5), Athletics (+12), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+8), Deception 5 (+7/+9) [Attractive], Expertise [Art] 7 (+7), Expertise [Popular Culture] 5 (+5), Insight (+1), Intimidation (+2), Perception 3 (+4), Persuasion 3 (+5/+7) [Attractive], Ranged Combat [Throwing] 3 (+5), Stealth (+3)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Attractive (1), Diehard, Interpose, Power Attack, Teamwork

POWERS:
Bulletproof Physique: Protection 5, Impervious 6, Immunity 7 (All Environmental Conditions, Pressure, Vacuum); 24 pts
Bullet Speed: 22 pt Array; 23 pts
Bullet Speed: Flight 11 (4000 mph); 22 pts
Super Speed: Speed 11 (4000 mph), Quickness 8; 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +6
Unarmed +8 [Unarmed +12]
Ranged Attack +2
Throwing +5

DEFENSES:
Dodge +7 [DC17] Parry +7 [DC17]
Toughness +13 (+6 Impervious), Fortitude +12, Will +6

COMPLICATIONS:
Horny: Zandale struggles to remain true to his girlfriend Carla, having cheated on her before
Inferiority Complex: His parents see his twin brother Tyrone as the start of the family and see Zandale as a loser than cannot measure up to his brother
Relationships: Despite his weakness for the fairer sex, he really loves his girlfriend Carla
Responsibility: To protect the world as a member of the Guardians of the Globe
Secret: I don't want to spoil them, but they are pretty…significant

Abilities 68 + Skills 15 (30 ranks) + Advantages 6 + Powers 47 + Defenses 14 = 150 / 150

Comments: You know, for all they have shown of Bulletproof in Invincible so far (at least where I have gotten to, which is TBP #8 as of the building of said character) this might as well be an original build. We know he got “invulnerability” and can fly, but that’s about all I know. Still he’s a member of the GOG, has a pretty cool costume, and I always have a soft spot for young, black heroes so he gets a build sooner than later.

By the way, in case anyone was wondering about the count, I took 3 off of my earlier counts because of the DCA tweaks I did for Superman, Wonder Woman and Batman that replaced actual PC builds. Those weren't really builds, just tweaks as a I noted. And I saw no need for a cheap count for those.

Clean Up 7/11/13: Bulletproof has gone through a LOT of characterization since my original build of him so he needed a major overhaul, especially now that he is sharing the Invincible mantle with Mark for a while.
Before I get into the new builds, I wanted to post this update of Bulletproof, who is now sharing the Invincible mantle with Mark, who had lost his powers for a while, but now has them back and is trying to re-establish himself. He let Zandale continue on as Invincible but with the events of Issue 96, I wonder how long that will last...
Shop J-Mart!

saint_matthew
Overlord
Overlord

Re: #268

Post by saint_matthew » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:24 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:He let Zandale continue on as Invincible but with the events of Issue 96, I wonder how long that will last...
More issue 97 than 96, but 96 is certainly where he starts to get interesting in his own right.

Just got back in to Invincible... Selling off my single issues (since i have to few of them, to bother purchasing the singles) & using the funds to purchase the trades.

I had to make the hard choice of which trades... The collected trades or the original trades. In the end i went the original trades, as the collected ones for some reason are more expensive, while containing exactly the same content & are printed on the same quality of paper stock & bound the same.

Nice Bullet-Proof/Invincible build though.
“Anti-Intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge’.”
-Isaac Asimov

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: J-Mart: Boomerang, Invincible-verse builds a'comin'

Post by Thorpacolypse » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:20 pm

You're right, it was 97, my bad. I also tend to think that the buildup for Issue 100 was a overhype, and I actually think issues 101 and 102 are better, especially 102 when Thragg and Nolan go at it.
Shop J-Mart!

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: J-Mart: Boomerang, Invincible-verse builds a'comin'

Post by Kreuzritter » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:22 pm

Emperor Fred is always worth the price of admission in Invincible
Kreuz Control Promotions: over 2800 builds served, and counting...
Crinoverse: Contributions

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: #264

Post by Thorpacolypse » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:41 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:Another item in our Villains Line hits the shelves.

Again, where do these big guys find these nice suits?!?!?

TITAN
PL: 10 (139 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 9, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Athletics 3 (+12), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+10), Deception 9 (+11), Expertise [Criminal] 8 (+10), Expertise [Streetwise] 8 (+10), Insight (+3), Intimidation 8 (+10), Investigation 5 (+7) [Well-Informed], Perception (+3), Persuasion 7 (+9) [Connected], Stealth (+2)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (5) (Status 2 – Crime Lord, Wealth 3 [Millionaire]), Connected, Improved Initiative (1), Leadership, Power Attack, Ranged Attack (3), Well-Informed

POWERS:
ROCK ON!: Protection 8 (Flaw: Fades), Impervious 4 (Flaw: Fades), Feature 3 (Increased Mass 3), Enhanced Strength 7, Enhanced Fortitude 4, Immunity 6 (All Environmental Conditions, Pressure); 35 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +8
Unarmed +10 [Unarmed +10]
Ranged Attack +5

DEFENSES:
Dodge +7 [DC17] Parry +8 [DC18]
Toughness +4 (+12 with Rock On, +4 Impervious with Rock On), Fortitude +8 (+12 with Rock On), Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
Greed: He wants money and power
Responsibility: To The Order
Rivalry: Machine Head, Mister Liu

Abilities 52 + Skills 25 (50 ranks) + Advantages 13 + Powers 35 + Defenses 14 = 139 / 139

Comments: Titan is an interesting villain in the Invincible-verse. He’s he the ability to create rock shell around himself to enhance his strength and make him “invulnerable”, but not nearly to Invincible’s or other big time paragons or powerhouses’ level. But he has the skills of a top mob boss, so that makes him a very Kingpin-like figure in that setting.

He has to summon up his hard carapace and damage eats away at it to where he has to shake it off the rumble and recall a new shell later. The old Ablative flaw from 2E would be perfect for it, but I just went with Fades for now.

Clean Up 7/12/13: Titan goes up to PL10 in my Invincible-verse review.
Another fairly frequent Invincible-verse villain, Titan. I bumped him up a bit since he fared pretty well against the GOG and Mister Liu's Soul Dragon in recently issues.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:53 pm

Let's get a few new members of the Guardians of the Globe on the shelves! Check out this new item for our Image/Skybound Aisle!

G'day.

KABOOMERANG
PL: 10 (139 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 6 (+10), Athletics 8 (+10), Deception 5 (+7), Expertise [Outback] 8 (+9), Insight (+2), Intimidation (+2), Investigation 4 (+5), Perception 7 (+9), Persuasion (+2), Sleight of Hand 2 (+7), Stealth 6 (+10), Vehicles 2 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Close Attack (2), Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (3), Evasion (1), Improved Aim, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative (1), Precise Attack (2) (Ranged, Cover; Ranged, Concealment), Ranged Attack (5), Redirect, Tracking

POWERS:
Kaboomerangs: 23 pts Traits, Easily Removable (-10 pts); 13 pts
Kaboomerang Blast: Ranged Burst Area Damage 6 (Extra: Area Burst [30 ft radius], Accurate 2, Homing 4); 24 pts
Kaboomerang Barrage: Ranged Multiattack Damage 6 (Extra: Accurate, Multiattack, Homing 4); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8
Close Attack +12 [Unarmed +2]
Ranged Attack +10
Kaboomerangs +14 [Kaboomerang Barrage +6, Multiattack]; Kaboomerang Blast +6, Area Burst]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +14 [DC24] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +6 (+3 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Dingo
Motivation: Becoming Australia's greatest superhero
Power Loss: Kaboomerang uses his low level telekinetic abilities to guide his boomerangs. Without it, the Kaboomerangs become +2 Ranged Bludgeoning Damage items
Responsibility: To the Guardians of the Globe

Abilities 58 + Skills 24 (48 ranks) + Advantages 19 + Powers 15 + Defenses 23 = 139 / 139

Comments: One the more fun additions to the new Guardians of the Globe, Kaboomerang. He's a fairly easy going Australian hero that looks like another boomerang slinger, but he some low level telekinesis that he focuses on his boomerangs, allow him to fling them around corners and such before making them go boom.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:57 pm

Check out this new item in our Villains Line that's hitting the Aisle 6 shelves!

Talk about spreading yourself around...

MULTI-PAUL
PL: 8 (208 pts) - OPL: 8 ; DPL: 8

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Acrobatics 6 (+11), Athletics 8 (+10), Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+13), Deception 4 (+4), Expertise [Criminology] 4 (+4), Insight (+2), Intimidation 5 (+5), Perception (+2), Sleight of Hand 4 (+7), Stealth 4 (+9), Vehicles 2 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (2), Grabbing Finesse, Improved Initiative (1), Languages (1) (Mandarin, Cantonese, Base: English), Move-by Action, Ranged Attack (2), Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Multi-Pauls: Summon Duplicate 7 (105 pts; Extra: Active, Mental Link, Multiple Minions 6 [64 minions], Sacrifice); 113 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +9
Close Attack +10
Unarmed +13 [Unarmed +2]
Ranged Attack +5

DEFENSES:
Dodge +11 [DC21] Parry +11 [DC21]
Toughness +5 (+3 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:
Mental Instability: Paul has always been a little off his rocker, especially compared to his sister
Responsibility: To The Order
Rivalry: Even though he loves her, he has a rivalry with his sister, Dupli-Kate

Abilities 50 + Skills 20 (40 ranks) + Advantages 11 + Powers 113 + Defenses 14 = 208 / 208

Build Comments: OK, on his sister’s build, I thought Dupli-Kate might be the best superhero/supervillain name ever, and that Multi-Paul here wasn’t far behind. Then Kirkman threw out The Walking Dread as a villain. Than man has a great flair for puns!

Paul isn’t much different than his sister, other he’s a bad guy. He’s a duplicating martial artist. Apparently that has become a new trope right before our very eyes.

Secret Origins: Paul's powers come from a curse the Emperor placed on Warlord Fung Cha who userped his throne. The curse said"The seventh generation after Cha's seventh grandchild would be burdended with a family too large to care for... and it would drive him mad." Many years later Tsing Cha had two twin children Kate and Paul. They began to make copies of themselves and their father went mad. The two gained control of their powers when they hit puberty.

The Story so Far: Kate started to call herself Dupli-Kate and soon joined the Teen Titans and eventually went on to be part of the new Guardians of the Globe. It was believed that she was killed on a mission against a terrorist group called the Lizard League. Paul, who had fallen in with criminals and was debt to Mister Liu and The Order, now called himself Multi-Paul and attacked her teammates Rex-Splode and Invincible due to being angry over her death. It was revealed that his sister was still alive and only her clones died. She tried to stop her brother's rampage, but he was already beaten by Invincible and incarcerated. He was later freed by Mister Liu and is now a member of The Order.

Characterization: Paul is a career criminal and is a bit mentally unstable.

Friends and Foes: Despite his criminal past (and present), Paul does love his sister Kate very much.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: J-Mart: Boomerang, Kaboomerang, Multi-Paul

Post by Jabroniville » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:16 am

Sweet! Invinci-Verse stuff! I've always been surprised at how good that comic still remains- I figured it would peter out around issue 50 because they'd gone too far with the power levels and the space stuff (ignoring all the Earth-based villains), but Kirkman pulled it off by continuing to focus on the Viltrumites and allowing constantly-new ideas to flow through the book. I mean, Invincible flying around with Dinosaurus to fix the world? The "Heroes Shouldn't Kill" debate being brought out again and again in a somewhat realistic, new manner, rather than the old "Killing is ALWAYS BAD WAAHHHH!" thing? Very interesting stuff, and nearly always something new. The new Guardians book has been quite good as well.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:43 am

Another new item for our Image/Skybound Aisle is hitting the shelves!

And just wait until he grows up...

YETI
PL: 10 (99 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 12, STAMINA 10, AGILITY 0, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Athletics 3 (+15), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+8), Expertise [Survival] 4 (+4), Insight (+1), Intimidation 5 (+5/+8), Perception 3 (+4), Ranged Combat [Throwing] 5 (+5), Stealth (+0/-3)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Fast Grab, Interpose, Languages (1) (Nepali, English, Base: Frost Giant), Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Yeti Size: Growth 3 (+3 Str, +3 Sta, -1 Dodge/Parry, -3 Stealth, +1 Intimidation, Speed +0, +3 Mass; Extra: Innate, Permanent); 7 pts
Yeti Physique: Protection 2, Impervious 4, Immunity 2 (Environmental Cold, Pressure), Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation [High Altitude], Sure-footed [Flaw: Limited to ice/snow]); 13 pts
Leg Strength: Leaping 2 (30 ft); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +0
Close Attack +6
Unarmed +8 [Unarmed +12]
Ranged Attack +0
Throwing +5

DEFENSES:
Dodge +5 [DC15] Parry +7 [DC17]
Toughness +12 (+4 Impervious), Fortitude +13, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:
Monstrous Appearance: Being a big, white Yeti-type creature, it's hard for him to blend into human society
Motivation: Doing good and proving himself to be worthy of the Guardians of the Globe
Naïve: Being a child, and being raised in remote Nepal, he can be a bit naïve about how things are in the real world
Relationships: He dearly loves his parents

Abilities 46 + Skills 11 (22 ranks) + Advantages 5 + Powers 22 + Defenses 15 = 99 / 99

Comments: Yeti is a fun character because he’s this hulking, big headed powerhouse, but he’s really only a kid. So it’s kind of a Shazam thing where he has all this power, but none of the savvy. It was cute when he was sad and everyone thought it was because he couldn’t attend some event because of his appearance, but it was really because he missed his mommy and daddy.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:25 am

Check out this POP 'TIL YOU DROP SPECIAL for Aisle 6!

It's about freakin' time that they show a comic female that actually looks like a lot of us do when they get out of a shower...

MS. POPPER
PL: 4 (137 pts) - OPL: 4 ; DPL: 4

ABILITIES: STRENGTH -1, STAMINA -1, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 1, FIGHTING 2, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Athletics (-1), Deception 5 (+5), Expertise [Government Agent] 3 (+5), Insight (+3), Investigation 3 (+5), Perception 6 (+9), Stealth 3 (+5), Technology 3 (+5), Vehicles 3 (+4)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (2) (Government Clearance), Luck (Recover) (1)

POWERS:
Popping: Teleport 14 (60 miles/16,000 miles; Extra: Accurate, Easy, Extended, Increased Mass 3 [400 lbs], Portal, Flaw: Unreliable [5 uses]); 87 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +2 [Unarmed -1]
Ranged Attack +1

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 [DC18] Parry +8 [DC18]
Toughness -1, Fortitude +3, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:
Responsibility: To Cecil Stedman and The Guardians of the Globe

Abilities 16 + Skills 13 (26 ranks) + Advantages 3 + Powers 87 + Defenses 18 = 137 / 137

Comments: Ms. Popper has one role on the team, and that’s to teleport them wherever they need to go. She can only “pop” so many times a day, though, so she gets the Unreliable flaw to simulate that she can’t just pop all over the place all day. Helps keep her Deus Ex Machina power in check. And the best thing about her is that she is a skinny older woman that isn't insanely hot. She's just competent at her job. How novel...

She was introduced in Brit’s solo book, which I have somewhere packed up, I think she had an interesting backstory, so look for an update to her complications once I find it.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: J-Mart: Boomerang, Kaboomerang, Multi-Paul

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:31 am

Jabroniville wrote:Sweet! Invinci-Verse stuff! I've always been surprised at how good that comic still remains- I figured it would peter out around issue 50 because they'd gone too far with the power levels and the space stuff (ignoring all the Earth-based villains), but Kirkman pulled it off by continuing to focus on the Viltrumites and allowing constantly-new ideas to flow through the book. I mean, Invincible flying around with Dinosaurus to fix the world? The "Heroes Shouldn't Kill" debate being brought out again and again in a somewhat realistic, new manner, rather than the old "Killing is ALWAYS BAD WAAHHHH!" thing? Very interesting stuff, and nearly always something new. The new Guardians book has been quite good as well.
I'm amazed, too. I felt the same way about the power creep, too. And Dinosaurus was a great foil for Mark, making him question how he could best serve the world and trying to find a better way to do things instead of just flying around and beating people up.

Another good thing they're doing with the Guardians is, outside of Best Tiger, they are showing them all to be effective but not too powerful, as I have them all between PL9-10, mostly, with a couple of minor exceptions. I do wish Kirkman and Hester would throw in a few more varied power sets. They have an awful lot of bricks, flying bricks and very few blasters. I wonder why?
Shop J-Mart!

Blitz
Groupie
Groupie

Re: J-Mart: Kaboomerang, Multi-Paul, Yeti, Ms. Popper

Post by Blitz » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:43 pm

Loving the builds, and I hate to risk derailing anything, but I've got to know...

How does Thorpacolypse feel about the recently announced Ant-Man movie?

Psistrike
Luminary
Luminary

Re: J-Mart: Kaboomerang, Multi-Paul, Yeti, Ms. Popper

Post by Psistrike » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:05 pm

Blitz wrote:Loving the builds, and I hate to risk derailing anything, but I've got to know...

How does Thorpacolypse feel about the recently announced Ant-Man movie?
Everyone, to the shelters! We are at Defcon 1 for anti-Pym rant! *goes into bomb shelter*

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: J-Mart: Yeti, Ms. Popper, Excited for the Ant-Man Movie.

Post by Horsenhero » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:17 pm

Yes, well...despite all that, they'll have to work hard to make it suck worse than Green Lantern or FF: Rise of the Silver Surfer.

Just sayin'.