J-Mart: Preparing for Relocation... :)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Narsil
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: J-Mart: Yeti, Ms. Popper, Excited for the Ant-Man Movie.

Post by Narsil » Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:05 pm

Sidious wrote:I am very ok with the Guardians of the Galaxy movie.

Why?

Cause it's got Karen Gillan in it as Nebula.
Fixed the spelling for you.

... and is it just me, or are 'former Doctor Who actors' the current go-to for comic-book villains? We already have Karen Gillan as Nebula, Christopher Eccleston as Malekith, and John Barrowman as Merlyn.

What will we have next, I wonder? David Tennant as the Riddler? Billie Piper as the Enchantress? Sylvester McCoy as the Grandmaster? Tom Baker as the voice of Darkseid? Arthur Darvill as Doctor Doom? Matt Smith as Bizarro?
Narsil 2e
Narsil 3e

'Oil, an emergency? About time the people who run this planet of yours realize that to be dependent upon a mineral slime just doesn't make sense.'
-The Fourth Doctor, Terror of the Zygons

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Post by Thorpacolypse » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:00 pm

Horsenhero wrote:Well, to weigh in on this, as Pacific Rim has re-informed us, fanboy likes, dislikes or buzz really can't push a movie into the big leagues, nor can it kill it.

Guardians of the Galaxy has a much harder climb to appeal to the mass market. Why? Rocket Raccoon. Whereas the character is very popular with the comic buying community, he could harder to sell to the general public than giant robots vs. monsters.

Ant-Man by comparison is a much easier sell. The general public doesn't care what comic writers have done to the character of Hank Pym. If the movie is well made, the story of a human hero (and his hot girlfriend, who also happens to be a super-hero) who happens to reduce himself in size and can control insects, will be a much easier sell.

Not to say the comic buying public's opinion is inconsequential, but it is less consequential than we'd like to imagine.
I was going to post something similar in the Sidekicks Lounge on the Man of Steel thread which has been polarizing to say the least, but definitely leaning towards negative. Whereas the geek community seems to be way more positive about Pacific Rim. Yet...

Man of Steel - $128 million opening
Pacific Rim - S28 million opening

Based on that, I really don't see Hollywood changing a damn thing in their approach. It is what it is.

Enough of the Pym-suck sidetracking my thread! Back to the builds!
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Post by Thorpacolypse » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:04 pm

We're keeping our Guardians of the Globe run going with this J-Mart Favorite item for Aisle 6!

He doesn't really use an ax, but he is that bad ass.

EL CHUPACABRA
PL: 10 (150 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 4, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 6, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 13, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 6 (+12) [Agile Feint], Athletics 8 (+12), Deception (+2), Expertise [Streetwise] 4 (+5), Insight 4 (+8), Intimidation 6 (+8), Investigation 9 (+10), Perception 6 (+10), Persuasion 6 (+8) [Connected], Stealth 7 (+13)

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, Connected, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (2), Evasion (1), Grabbing Finesse, Improved Initiative (1), Languages (1) (English, 1 other, Base: Spanish), Move-by Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack (3), Redirect, Takedown (1), Tracking, Uncanny Dodge

POWERS:
Chupacabra Physique: Speed 1 (4 mph/60 fpr), Leaping 1 (15 ft), Senses 3 (Low-Light Vision, Scent [Acute]); 5 pts
Chupacabra Suit: 14 pts traits, Removable (-7 pts); 7 pts
Body Armor: Protection 1, Immunity 2 (Environmental Cold, Environmental Heat); 3 pts
Claws: Slashing Strength-based Damage 3 (Extra: Dangerous, Penetrating 7); 11 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +10
Close Attack +13 [Unarmed +4; Claw Strike +7, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +7

DEFENSES:
Dodge +13 [DC23] Parry +13 [DC23]
Toughness +7 (+4 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +8, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
Addiction: El Chupacabra is a recovering alcoholic
Guilt: His drunkenness during a battle cost his teammate Cast Iron his life and he feels immense guilt over it
Motivation: Protecting the world and restoring his reputation
Relationships: He cheated on his ex-wife and she divorced him, but he still loves her dearly

Abilities 76 + Skills 28 (56 ranks) + Advantages 18 + Powers 13 + Defenses 15 = 150 / 150

Build Comments: Maybe the best new character Hester introduced in Guarding the Globe, El Chupacabra. He is one of Mexico’s greatest heroes, having saved the world, and apparently Brit and Cecil Stedman, on more than one occasion. However, his celebrity betrayed him and he ended up cheating on his wife who divorced him. This drove him to the bottle and nearly caused him to end his life by laying his head on the chopping block for the new evil Warrior Woman but his teammate, Cast Iron, used an Interpose and took the shot himself, costing him his life. This caused Brit to kick him off the team and nearly beat him to death himself.

That moment of clarity helped El Chupacabra get sober and he is now back with the team on a probationary basis. He got his own feature in the new Invincible Universe book (which I also highly recommend, Phil Hester is rolling on it) where he went to apologize to Cast Iron’s family as part of his 12 Steps, but it didn’t turn out like hoped. It’s a great read and truly shows how great he can be when he’s sober.

Secret Origins: While his full history is unknown, Francisco, known as El Chupacabra has been one of Mexico's greatest super heroes for years and helped save the world on a couple of occasions with the help of the Cecil Stedman’s Global Defense Agency and Brit.

The Story so Far: El Chupacabra succumbed to his celebrity and ended up cheating on his wife. The affair was discovered and in response, she kicked Francisco out of the house. He began trying to drink his problems away at local bars. He was brought into the Guardians of the Globe in hopes that it would turn his life around but it didn’t work for a good while. During several missions, he was so drunk or hung over that he left his teammates without aide and almost got them killed.

Brit ended up attacking Francisco and was ready to kick him off the team until he was reminded of his past successes by Cecil. During the attack by the Order, El Chupacabra was almost killed by War Woman who was able to sense Francisco's cheating and problems and intended to kill him to put him out of his misery, which Francisco accepted. However, Cast Iron jumped in the way and took the axe for him, leaving him on the brink of death and Brit telling El Chupacabra that if Cast Iron died, his blood was on his hands.

He did indeed die, which provided Francisco the moment of clarity that he needed. He got into a a treatment program and set out to rebuild his life. He started by going to Yugoslavia to apologize to Cast Iron’s family, but found out that the young man that turn his flesh into iron was only one of the members of the family that all had the mutation and were the biggest criminal organization in the land. He ended up defeating them and Cecil invited him to rejoin the Guardians, but he politely refused out of respect for his former teammates and instead accepted an invitation from Cyclops to join the Justice League.

Characterization: Now that he seems to have quit the bottle, he is getting back to being the honorable and resourceful hero that he has been for years.

Friends and Foes: He has a number of villains in Mexico that would like to see him dead and Brit has still not forgiven him for what happened to Cast Iron. He continues to have Cecil Stedman as an ally.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:14 pm

Check out this new item for our Image Aisle! But hurry, it's going FAST!

Maybe I've only known most of a you for a few weeks...

But just what is it about my character that led you to believe I could go from a respected crime fighter to a chain-smoking skank in the blink of an eye?!?!? - Outun

OUTRUN

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 5, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 3 (+8/+12), Athletics 6 (+7), Close Combat [Unarmed] 5 (+10), Deception (+1), Insight 4 (+6), Intimidation (+1), Perception 3 (+5), Persuasion 4 (+5), Stealth (+5), Technology 3 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (2), Languages (1) (Afrikaans, Sotho, Base: English), Teamwork

POWERS:
[Blur: Feature 1 (You can subtly vibrate to blur your features enough to make it difficult to recognize you even if you do not wear a mask to conceal your identity [or if your mask is lost for some reason]); 1 pt
Quick Change: Feature 1 (Quick Change); 1 pt
Super Speed: Speed 12 (8000 mph), Quickness 10, Enhanced Advantages 7 (Agile Feint, Evasion, Improved Initiative 4, Move-by-Action), Enhanced Skills 2 (Acrobatics 4 ranks); 31 pts
Fast Defense: Enhanced Dodge 10, Enhanced Parry 10; 20 pts
Super Speed Movement: Movement 2 (Wall Crawling, Water Running, Flaw: Limited [only when moving]); 2 pts
Super Speed Stunts: 20 pt Array; 24 pts
Flattening Wake: Line Area Affliction 10 (Resisted by Dodge; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Prone, Extra: Reaction [while moving at high speed], Instant Recovery, Flaw: Limited to two degrees, Limited [to Directly Behind You]); 20 pts
Lightning Disarm: Burst Area on Strength for Disarming 2, Enhanced Advantage 1 (Improved Disarm), (Extra: Area Burst 2 [60 ft], Selective); 1 pt
Sonic Boom: Affliction 10 (Resisted and Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated); 1 pt
Rapid Attack: Burst Area Damage 5 (Extra: Area Burst 2 [60 ft.], Selective); 1 pt
Vacuum: Burst Area Cumulative Affliction 5 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Fatigued, 2nd: Exhausted, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Area Burst [30ft], Duration [Concentration]); 1 pt
Throwback: Deflect 8 (Extra: Accurate 4, Reflect, Redirect, Flaw: Limited [to Projectiles]); 1 pt
Air Cushion: Burst Area Movement 1 (Safe Fall, Extra: Affects Others, Area Burst [30 ft radius]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE: Initiative +5 (+25 with Super Speed)
Close Attack +5
Unarmed +10 [Unarmed +1]
Ranged Attack +2
Deflect +10
Special Attack [Special Attack +0, Area Burst; Special Attack +0, Area Burst]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +5 (+15 with Fast Defense) [DC15/25] Parry +5 (+15 with Fast Defense) [DC15/25]
Toughness +5 (+3 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +6

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: She really wants to get Embrace for what she did to her while she possessed her
Motivation: Using her powers for the good of all and representing her home country of South Africa
Relationships: She and Kaboomerang have a mutual attraction
Reputation: Because of her possession by Embrace, she has a bit of an undeserved rep as a tramp

Abilities 42 + Skills 14 (28 ranks) + Advantages 5 + Powers 81 + Defenses 8 = 150 / 150

Comments: Outrun is a speedster from South Africa who got a screw job from the villain Embrace, who can possess people ala Deadman. She was controlling her from time to time, making her sleep with lots of guys (and trying to sleep with Knockout, too) on the team, not to mention chain smoking on downtime and also getting Le Brusier to light up, which was pretty funny. Once Best Tiger figured it out, Outrun’s rep and mental state for having her body used like that, were not good. But she’s coming out of it.

Not sure on her stats, really, since she's pretty knew and they haven't given any real measures on how fast she can go, so I did a best guess and I will update later.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:22 pm

The new items keep coming with this one for Aisle 6!

The superhero dogs trope will NEVER get old.

LE BRUSIER
PL: 10 (120 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 10, STAMINA 9, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 4, INTELLECT -1, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Athletics 3 (+13), Close Combat [Unarmed] 6 (+10), Deception (+1/+3) [Cute], Insight 3 (+5), Intimidation (+1/-3), Perception 6 (+8), Persuasion (+1/+3) [Cute], Stealth (+3/+11)

ADVANTAGES: Animal Empathy, Attractive (Cute) (1), Improved Trip, Move-by Action, Takedown (1)

POWERS:
French Bulldog Size: Shrinking 8 (-2 Str, +4 Dodge/Parry, +8 Stealth, -4 Intimidation, Speed -2, -2 Mass; Extra: Innate, Permanent); 17 pts
Dog Senses: Senses 6 (Low-Light Vision, Hearing [Extended], Scent [Acute, Ranged, Extended], Ultrahearing); 6 pts
Tough Hide: Protection 1, Impervious 3, Feature 1 (Insulating Fur); 8 pts
Viva La Brusier!: Speed 4 (32 [16] mph), Leaping 1 (15 ft); 5 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +4
Unarmed +10 [Unarmed +10]
Ranged Attack +0

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +10 (+3 Impervious), Fortitude +10, Will +6

COMPLICATIONS:
Disability: Le Brusier is a dog so he cannot speak human languages, nor use his paws to easily manipulate objects
Motivation: Being a good dog
Patriotism: Do not mess with his beloved France or you will PAY!
Relationships: He is close to Pegasus

Abilities 60 + Skills 9 (18 ranks) + Advantages 5 + Powers 36 + Defenses 10 = 120 / 120

Comments: Ah, Le Brusier, the French member of the Guardians of the Globe. He’s a French Bulldog. He’s super strong and tough. And he’s awesome. That's all that needs to be said.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:29 pm

Check out this companion item to our last new piece that hit the Aisle 6 shelves!

Pegasus: Let's see, do you want the chicken and beef cuts in gravy?
Le Bruiser: Waouh! Waouh!
Pegasus: No, of course. You are a Frenchman and have a very refined pallet. I will get you veal, barley and avocado.
Le Bruiser: Vaf!

PEGASUS
PL: 9 (100 pts) - OPL: 8 ; DPL: 9

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 6, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 5, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 2 (+8/+16) [Agile Feint], Athletics (+3), Close Combat [Unarmed] 4 (+9/+13), Deception (+1), Insight 5 (+7), Intimidation (+1), Perception 7 (+9), Persuasion 6 (+7), Stealth (+6)

ADVANTAGES: Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (2), Favored Environment (Flying), Languages (1) (English, 1 other, Base: Russian), Redirect, Teamwork

POWERS:
Wings: Flight 7 (250 mph; Flaw: Winged); 7 pts
Aerial Adaptations: Senses 1 (Normal Vision [Extended]), Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation [High Altitude]); 3 pts
Aerial Mastery: Enhanced Advantages 4 (Agile Feint, Improved Defense, Move-by-Action, Takedown, Flaw: Limited to when flying), Enhanced Skills 6 (Acrobatics 8 ranks, Close Combat [Unarmed] 4, Flaw: Limited to when Flying), Enhanced Dodge 4 (Flaw: Limited to when flying), Enhanced Parry 4 (Flaw: Limited to when flying), Enhanced Strength 1 (800 lbs; Flaw: Limited to lifting, Limited to when flying); 10 pts
Yes, Le Brusier…: Comprehend 1 (Understand Animals, Flaw: Limited to Le Brusier); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +5
Unarmed +9 [Unarmed +3]
Flying Unarmed +13 [Unarmed +3]
Ranged Attack +2

DEFENSES:
Dodge +9 (+13 when flying) [DC19/23] Parry +7 (+11 when flying) [DC17/21]
Toughness +5 (+3 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +6, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
Motivation: Using her powers for the good of all and representing her home country of Russia well
Relationships: She is very close to Le Brusier

Abilities 46 + Skills 12 (24 ranks) + Advantages 7 + Powers 21 + Defenses 14 = 100 / 100

Comments: Pegasus is an Angel-type winged woman from Russia. She is really close to Le Brusier, enough so that Comicvine lists them as “dating”. Ick.

Not in the Thorpacoverse, my friends, they are just friends. She can just understand him unlike everyone else on the team. Like many characters that I build before I know a lot, this is a lot of guesswork, but it should be a good start.
Shop J-Mart!

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: J-Mart: Ms. Popper, El Chupacabra, Outrun, Le Brusier

Post by Kreuzritter » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:38 pm

I trust this means you are saving the Best for last, yes?
Kreuz Control Promotions: over 2800 builds served, and counting...
Crinoverse: Contributions

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: J-Mart: Ms. Popper, El Chupacabra, Outrun, Le Brusier

Post by Thorpacolypse » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:48 pm

Kreuzritter wrote:I trust this means you are saving the Best for last, yes?
How well you know me. :wink:

I'm going to take a diversion for Build 900, but after that, I'll be back to wrap up the rest of the GOG and move on to some of the great jobbers in the Invincible-verse. Given that I am also building a lot of PL10/150 folks, I'm probably going to close down the PC Superstore and move those builds back here before I start another side project.
Shop J-Mart!

saint_matthew
Overlord
Overlord

Post by saint_matthew » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:39 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:. Whereas the geek community seems to be way more positive about Pacific Rim. Yet...

An doesn't that just incaptulate the difference between real geeks & the tourists who play at being geeks, geek for a day if you will.

Tourist: I went and watched Man of Steel, i'm such a geek.
Actual Geek: Really because i watched that & Pacific Rim, an neither of those things made me a geek, i went to watch them because they interested me.... Rather then watching them because they were mainstream versions of something geeky.
“Anti-Intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge’.”
-Isaac Asimov

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:38 pm

saint_matthew wrote:
Thorpacolypse wrote:. Whereas the geek community seems to be way more positive about Pacific Rim. Yet...

An doesn't that just incaptulate the difference between real geeks & the tourists who play at being geeks, geek for a day if you will.

Tourist: I went and watched Man of Steel, i'm such a geek.
Actual Geek: Really because i watched that & Pacific Rim, an neither of those things made me a geek, i went to watch them because they interested me.... Rather then watching them because they were mainstream versions of something geeky.
That pretty much sums it up. People who are causal fans of the genre are going to go with what they know.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

899-900-901

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:45 am

We're taking a diversion from the Kirkman-verse as we prepare to post landmark BUILD #900 to work on some J-Mart Favorite items from the land of Jabroniville! And it's a 3-FOR-1 SPECIAL!

TRAILER PARK BOYS
(most of the intro info and character bios comes from Wikipedia because I was lazy)

Trailer Park Boys is a cult Canadian TV show that ran for 7 seasons from 2001-2008 and spawned 3 movies, one of which is being released this year. And it sounds like there will be a Season 8 online and a fourth movie. I just got hipped to it last year but I put off watching it. When I finally did, I blew through all 7 seasons in no time. It's really funny, especially for someone like me who grew in a small town, and right across from a trailer park, as I knew guys that acted really close to the way they do. The plot is pretty basic, the show follows the exploits, in documentary style, of Ricky (Robb Wells) and Julian (John Paul Tremblay), two minor criminals doing what they did just about every day. They are usually joined by their best friend, Bubbles (Mike Smith), and besieged by drunken trailer park supervisor Jim Lahey (John Dunsworth) and his pot-bellied, cheeseburger lovin', assistant (and more), Randy (Pat Roach). In the original short film, Julian hired the crew to document his life as a warning for others not to follow his life of crime. As the show progresses it becomes about the recurring themes of Ricky, and Julian (and to a lesser extent Bubbles) constantly trying to figure out new ways to get rich, get high, and stay out of jail.

Their schemes are often complicated by vindictive trailer park supervisor Mr. Lahey, and his perpetually shirtless assistant, Randy, as Ricky and Julian's incompetence competes with Lahey's own ineptitude. Though the boys mostly save themselves from being caught, every once in a while their plans fall through, such that each of the early seasons always began with the boys getting out of jail and ended with them being re-incarcerated. They joined by an eccelectic cast of characters, too many to list here, but they all add something to the show, even if the overall acting is not what I would call Emmy-worthy in the least. Except for Lahey. Dunsworth has won awards for his portrayal and he deserves it. He'll go down as one of the all-time great TV drunks. Later seasons changed this formula with the final episode of the season showing that their schemes had been successful, and the boys' future looking optimistic. The first episode of the following season would then show them sheepishly explaining how everything went wrong for them in the interim, thus bringing the story back to square one.

It's formulaic, but after you start to love the characters, it doesn't matter and you just ride it out, like the characters seem to do with life. I highly recommend it for good, dumb humor. Anyway, on with the builds!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Julian's bad-assery

JULIAN
PL: 4 (70 pts) - OPL: 4 ; DPL: 4

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 1, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 4, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Athletics 2 (+5), Deception 5 (+7/+9) [Attractive], Expertise [Criminal] 6 (+7), Insight 3 (+5), Intimidation 3 (+5), Investigation 2 (+3), Perception (+2), Persuasion 4 (+6/+8) [Attractive, Connected], Ranged Combat [Guns] 1 (+3), Sleight of Hand 1 (+3), Stealth 2 (+3), Vehicles 3 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Attractive (1), Connected, Equipment (4), Leadership, Minions (4) (Cory and Trevor)

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(20 pts)
Light Pistol: Ballistic Ranged Damage 3; 6 pts
Vehicle: (10 pts)
Monte Carlo/DeLorean/other car: Size - L, Strength - 5, Speed - 5, Def - 8, Tough - 8; 10 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +1
Close Attack +4 [Unarmed +3]
Ranged Attack +2
Guns +3 [Light Pistol +3]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +4 [DC14] Parry +5 [DC15]
Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +3

COMPLICATIONS:
Addiction: Julian ALWAYS has a drink in his hand. He's rarely overtly drunk, but he's always drinking
Enemy: Cyrus, Jim Lahey (most of the time)
Honor: Despite his career criminal ways, he has a code and he doesn't like involving innocents and most of the time he tries to do the right thing. Outside of the crimes, that is…
Motivation: Julian wants to be a success and his way of getting there is to get that one big score that will set him and his buddies up so he can retire and prove Lahey wrong about them
Relationships: His "boys", Bubbles and Ricky, Ricky's daughter Trinity, Trevor and Cory (kinda)
Responsibility: Since he's lived in the trailer park his whole life, it's his home and he is protective of it and the people in the park

Abilities 36 + Skills 16 (32 ranks) + Advantages 11 + Powers 0 + Defenses 7 = 70 / 70

Comments: Julian begins the show as the primary protagonist. He’s a career criminal that makes a commitment to go straight and to help, he hires a film crew to document it. However, it doesn’t take long for him to fall right back into his criminal lifestyle and that’s what gets documented. And man, am I glad it did!

Even though Julian starts out as the main character, the focus of the show quickly shifts to Ricky and from about episode 3 on, it’s really his show until Jim Lahey begins to steal it. But Julian remains the emotional and strategic center of the show. He’s the planner guy, coming up with most of the schemes to get them rich. He's the calming influence to Ricky and the negotiator for the boys when they need to talk their way into or out of situations. And he’s also the subject of a lot of attention from the females of the show.

And he always...always has that drink in his hand.

Car Wreck, but the drink's OK

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rickyisms

RICKY
PL: 4 (59 pts) - OPL: 4 ; DPL: 4

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 1, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 4, INTELLECT -1, AWARENESS 0, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Athletics (+2), Close Combat [Unarmed] 1 (+5), Deception 5 (+6), Expertise [Criminal] 6 (+5), Expertise [Growing Dope] 14 (+13) [Skill Mastery], Expertise [Mechanics] 7 (+6), Intimidation 2 (+3), Persuasion 3 (+4), Ranged Combat [Guns] 2 (+4), Sleight of Hand 1 (+3), Stealth (+1), Vehicles 1 (+3)

ADVANTAGES: Equipment (4), Luck (Recover) (1), Second Chance (1) (Fortitude Checks vs. Intoxication from Weed), Skill Mastery (1) (Growing Dope)

POWERS:
Didn't We Play Hockey Before…?: Enhanced Skills 4 (Deception 8 ranks, Flaw: Limited to talking his way out of arrests/tickets); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(20 pts)
Vehicle: (11 pts)
The Shitmobile: Size - L, Strength - 6, Speed - 5, Def - 6, Tough - 9; 10 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +1
Unarmed +5 [Unarmed +2]
Ranged Attack +2
Guns +4 [Light Pistol +3]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +1 [DC11] Parry +5 [DC15]
Toughness +3, Fortitude +6, Will +1

COMPLICATIONS:
Addiction: Smoking of the legal and illegal kind
Enemy: Cyrus, Jim Lahey (most of the time), Danny and Terry
Foul Mouthed: Ricky pretty much has no filter and will let profanities fly at the drop of a hat. Even in court…
Impulsive: Ricky pretty much does what he wants, when he wants and everybody else can just f*** off
Motivation: Getting' high, getting' drunk, eating pepperoni and having a good time
Relationships: His "boys", Bubbles and Julian, his daughter Trinity, his long-time love, Lucy, his dad, Ray, and Trevor and Cory (kinda)
Temper: He's got a pretty hair trigger temper if he feels he or one of his buddies/family members has been wronged
Um…Yeah...: Ricky is well known for his butchering of the English language

Abilities 24 + Skills 21 (42 ranks) + Advantages 7 + Powers 2 + Defenses 5 = 59 / 59

Comments: Ricky quickly becomes the primary protagonist of the show. He's a fun-loving, dim-witted lowlife who enjoys marijuana, pepperoni, chips, licorice, cigarettes, chicken fingers and alcohol. He and Julian have been best friends since childhood and are almost codependent, with Ricky relying on his friend to guide him and keep his antics in check. While good-natured towards his friends and family, Ricky is also foul-mouthed, volatile, and aggressive, and almost always manages to anger, offend and alienate those around him. He has always been a trouble maker and often refuses to take responsibility for his actions, illegal or otherwise. Fortunately, he is very adept at talking his way out of trouble with the police. A lifetime of drinking, smoking dope, and slacking off has left Ricky with a below average intelligence, for which he is often ridiculed. Even Ricky considers himself stupid, having repeatedly failed grades and having dropped out of school entirely after grade 10. On the other hand, he is also fairly clever and has many practical areas of expertise, such as growing marijuana, fixing cars, cooking, and siphoning gas.

He also has a "superpower" which gives him the ability to confuse and disperse cops who catch him committing a crime. :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Best of Bubbles
Best of Bubbles 2

BUBBLES
PL: 3 (45 pts) - OPL: 3 ; DPL: 3

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 1, DEXTERITY 1, FIGHTING 3, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Athletics (+1), Deception 4 (+4), Expertise [Kitties] 4 (+6), Expertise [Models/Model Trains] 4 (+6), Expertise [Performance] 2 (+4), Insight 5 (+6), Perception (+1), Persuasion 3 (+3), Stealth (+1), Technology 1 (+3), Vehicles 3 (+4)

ADVANTAGES: Equipment (2), Improved Hold, Teamwork

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(10 pts)
Vehicle: (6 pts)
Go Kart: Size - S, Strength - 2, Speed - 4, Def - 10, Tough - 5; 6 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +1
Close Attack +3 [Unarmed +1]
Ranged Attack +1

DEFENSES:
Dodge +3 [DC13] Parry +4 [DC14]
Toughness +2, Fortitude +3, Will +3

COMPLICATIONS:
Disability: Bubbles is legally blind without his glasses
Enemy: Cyrus, Jim Lahey (most of the time)
Hatred: Samsquanches…he HATES those bastards…
Mental Instability: While generally the most normal of The Boys, when he gets really stressed he interesting defense mechanism to deal with it…Conky
Relationships: His "boys", Ricky and Julian, Ray, Trevor and Cory (kinda)
Responsibility: To his kitties

Abilities 22 + Skills 13 (26 ranks) + Advantages 4 + Powers 0 + Defenses 6 = 45 / 45

Comments: And the last, but certainly not least, of the Trailer Park Boy Trinity, Bubbles, portrayed by the hysterical and talented Mike Smith. He's Julian and Ricky's closest friend and, really, the series' breakout character. His real name is never revealed and his Bubbles name is used by hospitals, courts, and other officials. Bubbles is known for his hoarse maritime accent, sensitive nature, pearl snap shirts, and thick glasses that magnify his eyes to a considerable degree. Without them, he's legally blind. He often acts as a conscience for the Boys and tries to be the voice of reason during their various misadventures. Bubbles is very intelligent and has a larger general knowledge than most of the other residents, even displaying knowledge of Greek philosophy. Abandoned in the park as a 6-year-old, Bubbles lives in a tool shed with his kitties, who are his only family outside of Ricky and Julian. Bubbles has taken it upon himself to care for every stray cat in the park. He makes his living by salvaging shopping carts, repairing them, and selling them back to the stores, but he is also quite happy to partake in the Boys' various get-rich-quick schemes. Although his life is not always easy, Bubbles takes great pride in being a self-made-man, and prefers his simple life of independence to any offer of free lodging from his friends. Bubbles has a rather childish nature and often cries when threatened or upset. He dislikes firearms and is often appalled at the dangerous situations that Ricky and Julian get themselves into. He loves cats, bubbles, pickled eggs, playing guitar, rigs, badminton, rockets, driving his go-kart, model trains, smoking dope, and wrestling; his wrestling alter-ego being the mysterious "Green Bastard" from parts unknown. His favorite band is Rush, which is mine, too, and Alex Lifeson actually did a cameo on the show where they played Closer to the Heart together for a little bit.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

902-903

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:37 am

We've got a 2-FOR-1 SPECIAL to wrap up our Trailer Park Boys line (for now)! Check out these J-Mart Favorite items!

Randy...I AM the liquor

JIM LAHEY
PL: 3 (46 pts) - OPL: 3 ; DPL: 3

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 0, STAMINA 1, AGILITY 0, DEXTERITY 1, FIGHTING 2, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Deception 5 (+5), Expertise [Law Enforcement] 5 (+6), Expertise [The Liquor] 12 (+13), Expertise [Trailer Park Supervisor] 4 (+5), Insight 3 (+4), Investigation 3 (+4), Perception 1 (+2), Ranged Combat [Guns] 2 (+3), Vehicles 3 (+4)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (1) (Status – Trailer Park Supervisor), Equipment (4), Languages (1) (English, 1 other, Base: The Liquor)

POWERS:
I AM the Liquor: Immunity 1 (Intoxication, Flaw: Limited to half effect); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(20 pts)
Tonfa, Small: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 1, Defensive; 2 pts
Walkie Talkies: Feature 1 (Radio Communication); 1 pt
Vehicle: (11 pts)
Full-Size Car: Size - L, Strength - 6, Speed - 5, Def - 8, Tough - 9; 11 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +0
Close Attack +2 [Unarmed +0]
Ranged Attack +1
Guns +3 [Light Pistol +3]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +4 [DC14] Parry +3 [DC13]
Toughness +1, Fortitude +3, Will +2

COMPLICATIONS:
Addiction: The Liquor
Motivation: Cleaning up Sunnvale Trailer Park and (for most of the series) getting back on the police force
Obsession: Busting Ricky and Julian and to a lesser degree, Bubbles, and getting them out of his trailer park
Relationships: Randy, sometimes his ex-wife Barb, and his daughter, Trina. But mostly it's The Liquor
Rivalry: Sam Losco
The Shit Liner’s pulling into port: Lahey is the master of the "sh*t analogy". Any player or GM running him who can come with a good one during play gets an HP

Abilities 12 + Skills 19 (38 ranks) + Advantages 6 + Powers 1 + Defenses 8 = 46 / 46

Comments: One of the great TV drunks of all time, Jim Lahey, played by the John Dunsworth. His drunken, bumbling, obsessed with busting the Boys role MAKES that show work. Lahey is the supervisor of Sunnyvale Trailer Park and the series' main antagonist. In his youth, Lahey was an idealistic police officer; but since his wrongful dismissal as a result of a prank by Julian, Ricky, and Bubbles on Halloween 1977, he degenerated into a bitter alcoholic. Nonetheless, Lahey has devoted himself to making Sunnyvale a better place to live, accompanied by his devoted assistant Randy. Even in his most incoherent moments, Lahey maintains an extreme affinity for the trailer park and all of its residents except Ricky.

Lahey bears a grudge against Ricky and Julian; having been forced to watch them grow from childhood troublemakers to full-fledged criminals, he considers them to be the greatest threat to the safety and stability of the park. As such, he spends most of the series trying to get the Boys thrown back in jail, often neglecting his real, rather mundane duties as trailer-park supervisor as a result. Many characters consider these antics to be more of an excuse to relive his days as a police officer than a genuine quest for justice. It is also implied that in spite of his attempts to rid the trailer park of Julian and Ricky, in reality he can't live without them. This is especially noteworthy when observing Lahey's physical attraction to Julian.

Even in the most inebriated state he can think clearly, and come up with crafty and devious plans to derail the Boys' plans, have them arrested, and in an extreme case, even to have them eliminated. In doing so, he will gladly exploit anything at his disposal. For example, he leverages Julian's emotional attachment his grandmother's trailer to skewer him, and in another instance, cunningly deploys the Boys' enemies to attack them. In the 6th season he enters a "peace treaty" with the boys to overlook and even hide their illegal activities, and maintains the peace treaty with some success.

In season 1, Julian discovered that Lahey and Randy were having a homosexual relationship. Julian agreed to keep their relationship a secret, but in season 3 both men admitted they were gay. Lahey is in fact bisexual. He has one daughter, Treena, with Barb Lahey. He is known for his numerous metaphors with the negative slang "sh*t" bizarrely worked in. His "shi*ims" are epic.

The old sh*tliner's comin' to port, and I'll be there to tie 'er up...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Frig off, Ricky!

RANDY
PL: 3 (37 pts) - OPL: 3 ; DPL: 3

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 0, DEXTERITY 1, FIGHTING 4, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Athletics (+2), Deception 3 (+3), Expertise [Assistant Trailer Park Supervisor] 4 (+4), Insight 2 (+3), Perception 1 (+2), Persuasion 2 (+2), Technology 1 (+1), Vehicles 1 (+2)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Attractive (1), Teamwork

POWERS:
The Boiler: Feature 1 (Increased Mass, Flaw: Limited to gut); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +0
Close Attack +4 [Unarmed +2]
Ranged Attack +1

DEFENSES:
Dodge +3 [DC13] Parry +4 [DC14]
Toughness +2, Fortitude +4, Will +2

COMPLICATIONS:
Addiction: Cheeseburgers
Addiction: Weed
Hatred: He hates Ricky and Julian almost as much as Mr. Lahey does. But not as much as he hates wearing a shirt
Relationships: Mr. Lahey, sometimes Lucy
Responsibility: Being Assistant Trailer Park Supervisor, and weekend SUPERVISOR is not a responsibility to be taken lightly
Secret: Prior to being taken in by Mr. Lahey, Randy was a male escort known as Smokey

Abilities 20 + Skills 7 (14 ranks) + Advantages 3 + Powers 1 + Defenses 6 = 37 / 37

Comments: And where would Mr. Lahey be without this right hand man, boyfriend, and most importantly Assistant Trailer Park Supervisor, Randy. Their "partnership" began in 1997 when Lahey's then-wife Barbara found him working as a male prostitute; out of her Christian charity she invited him to stay with them for a while. Randy appears to be gay given both his past history with male prostitution for cheeseburgers and his relationship with Jim Lahey, but it is revealed in Season 6 that he is bisexual when he becomes sexually attracted to Sarah. Randy and the Boys were schoolyard chums, and though he usually sides with Lahey against them, he also demonstrates some lingering thread of friendship toward them. He almost never wears a shirt; he wears very tight white pants which he removes when he gets into fights. Like Ricky says, "when the pants come off, you better look the f*** out".

He is addicted to cheeseburgers and onion rings (aka "Lord of the Onion Rings") and in season 7 becomes a frequent user of marijuana; his pronounced belly is his major target for ridicule, especially from J-Roc.

Randy's relationship with Lahey mirrors their work hierarchy, with Lahey calling the shots, speaking in a commanding voice, and doing what he wants, and with Randy obediently conforming and following orders with a warm "Yes, Mr. Lahey". At the same time, Lahey holds deep affection for Randy, and is usually seen as sad whenever Randy breaks up with him. Similarly, Randy holds deep concern for Lahey's well-being, and specifically his severe alcoholism. Randy tries to bring out the best in Lahey patiently by subtle means. For example, with Lahey's drunk antics going out of control, Randy videotapes them with the hope of showing them to him later. Randy calls Lahey "Mr. Lahey", except on very rare occasions when he is angry with him and (rather contemptuously) calls him "James." For his part, Mr. Lahey affectionately calls him "Bo-Bandy" occasionally when he is drunk. Like Lahey, Randy drinks heavily, but he is sober more often than Lahey and acts as the voice of reason during Lahey's occasional lapses in sanity.
Shop J-Mart!

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: J-Mart: Le Brusier, Pegasus, BUILD 900 - Trailer Park Bo

Post by Jabroniville » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:39 pm

haha, damn- MAGNIFICENT.

I remember when this show first came out on "Showcase" (a Canadian artsy channel that used to just show foreign art films late at night, earning it the nickname "Poor Man's Porno"- it also showed HBO's "OZ" and other uncut stuff. Currently it's a CSI Repeat/Broadcasting current Movies channel that resembles none of its old self)- it was friggin' hilarious. I found them repeating the same story once too often (it was pretty much ALWAYS them trying to grow weed, then getting caught), but the dialogue, the accents (classic Eastern Canadian) and characters made it work. That bit with Bubbles ranting about "Samscranch" ruled (I use it for my Sasquatch quote on my Build thread), and Lahey was always funny.

I'da given Julian a Feature for his inability to spill his rum & coke- that bit where he climbs out of the flipped-over cab WHILE HOLDING A FULL DRINK is iconic to the show. Another favourite bit is when they got the documentary crew to help them out while stealing something- most shows ignore the people behind the camera. Or the great Ricky-ism mentioned there: "Make like a tree and f**k off."

Fun note: the actors showed up in the episode of "Archer" where they're delivering the guy to the Canadian government.

Another funny bit for Canadians was watching Jono of "Jonovision" fame (a Canadian talk show) as the trailer park's resident wigger, who was SO HAPPY to find out that his mom slept with a ton of black guys when she was younger, so he could theoretically be black :). Canucks had a bit of a laugh when he showed up as an actor on one season of "The Joe Schmoe Show" (the fake reality show designed to fool the real contestants with actors & rigged stuff... before all reality shows were that, I guess)- I guess Jonovision and TPB were obscure enough for him to still fool American contestants into thinking he was a regular guy.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:12 am

The J-Mart Superstore is closing (for now) so we are moving all the merchandise back to the main J-Mart Store.

But didn't we move all this stuff out of here to the new store last year?

Yes, we did, Dante, but the Board of Directors decided that we should only maintain one location to cut down on overhead. We need to get back to our core values, Dante. We need to leverage technology. We need to put the focus back on the customer. We need to drive consistency. We need to...

Blah, blah, blah...whatever. I'd rather move all these builds 20 times than listen to more of your corporate drivel! Randal and I will get on it.

Actually, Randal is off for John Hartnett's birthday. It'll just be you. Have fun!

Man, I'm not even supposed to BE here today!

Without further ado, let's get started with the moving so we can get back to the Kirkman-verse! New, old item hitting the Aisle 1 shelves!

What do you do when faced by the impossible? You DO the impossible. And that's what we're going to do. - Superman

SUPERMAN (KAL-EL) PC

ABILITIES: STRENGTH [2] 14, STAMINA 12, AGILITY 1, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 4, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Athletics (+14), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+6), Deception (+4), Expertise [Journalism] 3 (+5), Insight (+3), Intimidation (+4), Perception 4 (+7), Persuasion 3 (+7), Ranged Combat [Heat Vision] 8 (+8), Stealth (+1)

ADVANTAGES: Extraordinary Effort, Interpose, Languages (1) (Kryptonian, Base: English), Power Attack, Ultimate Effort (2) (Ultimate Will Check, Ultimate Toughness Check)

ENHANCED ADVANTAGES (INVULNERABILITY): Diehard, Great Endurance

POWERS:
Invulnerability: Protection 3, Immunity 10 (Life Support), Enhanced Advantages 2 (see Advantages); 15 pts
Powers Far Beyond Those of Mortal Men: 25 pt Dynamic array; 30 pts
More Powerful Than a Locomotive: Enhanced Strength 12 (Extra: Dynamic); 25 pts
Heat Vision Heat Ranged Damage 12 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Super-Breath: Cone Area Move Object 10 (Extra: Area Cone 2 [120 ft], Dynamic, Flaw: Range [Close], Limited Direction [towards or away]); 1 pt
Super Senses: Senses 16 (Normal Hearing [Acute and Extended 3], Normal Vision [Extended 3], Infravision [Extended], Microscopic Vision 4, Ultra-Hearing [Extended], Vision Penetrates Concealment [Extended, Flaw: Cannot see through lead]; Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts

Faster Than a Speeding Bullet: 25 pt Dynamic Array; 28 pts
Able to Leap Tall Buildings: Flight 11 (4,000 mph), Movement 1 (Space Travel) (Extra: Dynamic); 25 pts
5th Fastest Man Alive: Speed 11 (4000 mph), Quickness 11; 1 pt
Super-Strength: Enhanced Strength 10 (400K Tons; Flaw: Limited to Lifting); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +1
Close Attack +4
Unarmed +6 [Unarmed +14]
Ranged Attack +0
Heat Vision +8 [Heat Vision +12]
Special Attack [Super Breath Move Object +10, Cone Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +3 [DC13] Parry +5 [DC15]
Toughness +15, Fortitude +14, Will +6

COMPLICATIONS:
Identity: Clark Kent, mild-mannered reporter for the
Daily Planet
Power Loss: Superman loses his powers and his Sta is reduced to 3 under a red sun, like that of Krypton, and other effects draining or interfering with the energies of the yellow sun can deprive him of his powers
Relationships: Superman’s closest relationship is with his wife, Lois Lane. Other important people in his life include his mother, Martha Kent, Supergirl, Superboy, Krypto and friends and co-workers Jimmy Olsen, Perry White, and Catherine “Cat” Grant
Responsibility: Superman feels a strong sense of responsibility to use his powers for the benefit of all
Weakness: Superman is as vulnerable to magic as anyone else. His loses his ranks of Protection against magical attacks
Weakness: Kryptonite...Its radiation saps the Strength and powers of Kryptonians, leaving them impaired, disabled, and eventually debilitated in terms of Strength and power effects. Long-term exposure (usually a matter of minutes, less for a large enough amount) imposes the dying condition and may lead to death

Abilities 56 + Skills 10 (20 ranks) + Advantages 6 + Powers 70 + Defenses 8 = 150 / 150

Comments: In the words of Alexander Luthor, for some reason, it always starts with Superman. :wink:

I'm starting the return to J-Mart with the Man of Steel I usually start things with. Seemed like a good idea at the time to move all my PCs to a new thread, but really, I have so many PL10/150 builds that could quality as "PCs", but it's just where they fell, it really doesn't make sense to segregate them. I can already see some things I need to tweak with this, but I'd like to get a few more posted first.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:24 am

We've got another J-Mart PC for Aisle 1!

People think it's an obsession. A compulsion. As if there were an irresistible impulse to act. It's never been like that. I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either. - Batman

BATMAN (BRUCE WAYNE) PC

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 4, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 5, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 4 (+8), Athletics 4 (+8), Close Combat [Unarmed] 6 (+16), Deception (+2), Expertise [Criminology] 1 (+6), Insight (+3), Intimidation 13 (+15) [Startle], Investigation 10 (+15) [Contacts], Perception 8 (+11), Persuasion (+2), Ranged Combat [Throwing] 10 (+12), Sleight of Hand 4 (+6), Stealth 9 (+13) [Hide in Plain Sight], Technology 4 (+9) [Inventor], Treatment (+5), Vehicles 3 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Beginner's Luck, Benefit (3) (Wealth 3), Contacts, Defensive Roll (2), Eidetic Memory, Equipment (9), Hide in Plain Sight, Inventor, Jack-of-all-Trades, Quick Draw, Startle, Takedown (1)

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(45ep)
The Batsuit: Protection 2; 2ep
The Cape and Cowl: Senses 1 (Infravision), Flight 3 (16 mph; Flaw: Gliding, Uncontrolled), Commlink (Senses 1 [Communication Link, Bat Family]); 3ep
Utility Belt: (26ep)
Bat Flash Bang Grenade: Ranged Burst Area Affliction 4 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Visually and Auditory Impaired, 2nd: Visually and Auditory Disabled, 3rd: Visual and Auditory Unaware, Extra: Ranged Area Burst [30 ft radius], Extra Condition); 16ep
Batarang: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Ranged Damage 2; 1ep
Bolo: Ranged Grabbing 4, Flaw: Diminished Range (10/25/50); 1ep
Bat Tear Gas Grenades: Cloud Area Affliction 4 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed and Visually Impaired, 2nd: Stunned and Visually disabled, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Ranged Area Cloud [15 ft radius], Extra Condition); 1ep
Smoke Grenade: Ranged Cloud Area Concealment 2 (Visual, Extra: Attack [Resisted by Dodge], Ranged Cloud Area [15 ft radius]); 1ep
Gas Mask: Immunity 2 (Gases/Eye and Lung Irritants [12 hour limit]); 1ep
Grapple Gun: Movement 1 (Swinging). Speed 1 (4 mph); 1ep
Mini-Tracer: Feature 1 (Tracking, 2 Mile range), Miniscule; 1ep
Rebreather: Immunity 2 (Flaw: Limited -20 Rounds of Oxygen), Tiny; 1ep
Handcuffs: Feature 1 (Toughness 9, DC20 Sleight of Hand/Technology), Tiny; 1ep
Lockpicks: Feature 1 (tools, Technololgy); 1ep
Vehicle: (14ep)
The Batmobile: Size - H, Strength - 8, Speed - 6, Def - -4, Tough - 10, Features 9 (Alarm 3 [DC30], Caltrops, Hidden Compartments 2 [DC25], Navigation System, Remote Control, Smokescreen); 14ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +4
Close Attack +10
Unarmed +16 [Unarmed +4]
Ranged Attack +2
Throwing +12 [Batarangs +6, Critical 19-20; Bat Bolo Ranged Grab +4]
Special Attack [Flash Bang Affliction +4, Area Burst; Tear Gas Affliction +4, Area Cloud]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +8, Fortitude +8, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: The Joker, Hush, Penguin, Riddler, Catwoman (sometimes) and several others
Obsession: Batman is driven to fight crime by the murder of his parents
Relationships: He has strong relationships with Tim Drake-Wayne, Dick Grayson-Wayne, Damian Wayne, Cassandra Cain-Wayne, Alfred, Commissioner Gordon, Lucious Fox, Oracle, Superman and Wonder Woman. And sometimes Catwoman
Responsibility: Batman sees Gotham as "his city" and protects it fiercely
Rivalry: It’s more Ollie’s side than his, but he has a bit of a rivalry with Green Arrow. And he and Hal Jordan don’t see eye to eye often, either
Secret Identity: He has a secret identity of Bruce Wayne

Abilities 68 + Skills 38 (76 ranks) + Advantages 23 + Powers 0 + Defenses 21 = 150 / 150

Comments: I’m not 100% sold on my first rub at a PL10/150 pt Batman but I think with some refining I can get him where I want. He's not anywhere near Batgod level , but I think this is a close take on Batman Year One. I even got a Batmobile light in there for fun, even if it's basically just a nice sedan with smokescreen... :wink:

I thought about going with MK’s route of giving him a variable power to allow him to shift between his different Batgod incarnations, but for now I am going with a standard costumed adventurer setup, noting that he would increase things in certain areas as he acquires points. And I actually plan to play this, and the other JLA and/or Avengers PCs that I am working on and building them up like PCs, adding points for successful tests/fights and such.

Clean Up 4/12/13: Fixed up Batman a bit while I was in the PC mood.
Shop J-Mart!