J-Mart: Preparing for Relocation... :)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:06 pm

Here is another RED LIGHT SPECIAL that's getting added to our PC line.

It's too late for me...

RED HOOD (JASON TODD) PC
PL: 10 (150 pp) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 12, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 6 (+10), Athletics 7 (+10), Close Attack [Unarmed] 1 (+14), Deception 8 (+10), Expertise [Streetwise] 8 (+10), Insight 3 (+5), Intimidation 9 (+11) [ Skill Mastery, Startle], Investigation 8 (+10) [Contacts, Well-Informed], Perception 5 (+7), Persuasion (+2), Ranged Combat [Firearms] 3 (+15), Ranged Combat [Throwing] 3 (+15), Sleight of Hand 2 (+7), Stealth 8 (+12) [Hide In Plain Sight], Technology 5 (+7), Vehicles 2 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Beginner's Luck, Close Attack (1), Defensive Roll (3), Equipment (4), Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Aim, Improved Critical (3) (Unarmed 2, Firearms), Improved Initiative (1), Power Attack, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (7), Skill Mastery (1) (Intimidation), Startle, Takedown (1), Uncanny Dodge, Well-Informed

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(20ep)
Red Hood Costume: Protection 2; 2ep
Cell Phone, Standard: Feature 1, Diminutive; 1ep
Arsenal: (17ep)
Twin Heavy Machine Pistols: Ballistic Ranged Damage 4, Extra: Multiattack, Split; 100 ft range, Medium; 13ep
Batarang: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Ranged Damage 2, Critical 19-20; 50ft range, Medium; 1ep
Bat Shuriken: Piercing Ranged Damage 1, Extra: Multiattack, Critical 19-20; 25ft range, Small; 1e
Kris Knife: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Critical 18-20; Small; 1ep
Sword: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 3, Critical 19-20, Medium; 1ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8
Close Attack +13 [Kris Knife +4, Critical 18-20]
Unarmed +14 [Unarmed +3, Critical 18-20]
Ranged Attack +12
Firearms +15 [Heavy Machine Pistol +4, Critical 19-20, Multiattack]
Thrown Items +15 [Batarang +5, Critical 19-20; Bat Shuriken +1, Critical 19-20, Multiattack]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +8, Fortitude +6, Will +6

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: The Joker
Inferiority Complex: He feels that Batman has always seen him as less than Dick Grayson as well as Tim Drake. And probably Damian, now, too, and this drives him crazy
Pain In The Ass: Even though his intentions are good, even when he's playing by the rules, his arrogance makes him difficult to deal with
Responsibility: To clean up Gotham City…his way…
Temper: Because of his childhood issues, and possible mental tampering by the Al Ghul's, he can lose it at times

Abilities 66 + Skills 39 (78 ranks) + Advantages 30 + Powers 0 + Defenses 15 = 150 / 150

Comments: One of my personal favorite crappy characters, Jason Todd. He's not crappy in the sense that he's a weak character, just a poorly executed concept. Oh well, if we had a nickel for every one of those at DC...or Marvel...or Image...or hell, of the main comic producers, we'd be rolling in dough.

Jason is one of the few Batverse PC builds where he can hit his full PL10 caps both offensively and defensively, owing to the fact that I see him as the best fighter out of the four Robin-brothers. He's the least gifted in other areas, but he's still pretty dang effective. In my setting, he is trying to set himself right, but he's having a hard path as there are a lot of people that don't want to see it happen.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:07 pm

Check this new item for Aisle 1!

Now THAT is how you enhance the Bat brand...

BATWING PC
PL: 10 (150 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 5 (+9), Athletics 7 (+10), Close Combat [Unarmed] 1 (+13), Deception 3 (+5), Expertise [Police] 5 (+7), Expertise [Streetwise] 6 (+8), Insight 5 (+8) [Assessment], Intimidation 6 (+8), Investigation 8 (+10), Perception 6 (+9), Persuasion (+2), Ranged Combat [Throwing] 2 (+12), Stealth 9 (+13), Technology 3 (+5), Vehicles 4 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Assessment, Close Attack (2), Defensive Roll (1), Equipment (5), Evasion (1), Improved Hold, Improved Initiative (1), Languages (1) (English, 1 other, Base: Swahili), Last Stand*, Power Attack, Ranged Attack (7), Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Batwing Costume: 10 pts traits, Removable (-2 pts); 8 pts
Batwings: Flight 4 (30 mph; Flaw: Winged); 4 pts
Body Armor: Protection 3; 3 pts
Cowl: Senses 3 (Low Light Vision, Infravision); 3 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(25ep)
Arsenal: (15ep)
Taser: Affliction 5 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Impaired, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Reach 2 [15 ft]); 12ep
Throwing Discs: Slashing Strength-Based Ranged Damage 2; 50ft range, Small; 1ep)
Bat Bolo: Snare 4 (Affliction 4, 1st: hinders and impedes, 2nd: defenseless and immobile; resisted by Dodge); 75 ft range, Medium; 1ep
Shuriken: Piercing Ranged Damage 1, Extra: Multiattack; 25ft range, Small; 1ep
Headquarters:
(10ep)
10ep for Batwing Bunker

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8
Close Attack +12 [Taser +5]
Unarmed +13 [Unarmed +3]
Ranged Attack +10
Throwing +12 [Bat Throwing Discs +5; Bat Shuriken +1, Multiattack]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +13 [DC23] Parry +13 [DC23]
Toughness +7, Fortitude +8, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Massacre
Guilt: He has great guilt over his earlier life as a freedom fighter
Motivation: Protecting his country and living up to his selection as a member of Batman Inc.

Abilities 60 + Skills 35 (70 ranks) + Advantages 23 + Powers 8 + Defenses 24 = 150 / 150

Comments: Batwing has been one of the stellar New 52 offerings IMHO. I was iffy on it at first, but my local comic guy told me to check it out and I did and I have been nothing but impressed so far. David Zavimbe is a former “freedom fighter”, one of the most feared in the country during his early teen years, but he had a change of heart and decided to walk the right path. He became a cop and caught the eye of Batman who helped with his Batwing identity and made him part of Batman Inc. The first few issues of the series show him attempting to stop a new villain, Massacre, who is killing dozens of cops but mainly has his sights set on killing the former members of The Kingdom, a super group that were seen as Africa’s greatest heroes. However, things are not always what they seem…
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:09 pm

Another item in our Gotham PC Line hits the shelves!

What makes the runaway success of the Oracle character more remarkable is that it began during an era where bleak heroes with big guns were ruling the day. Without much fanfare, Barbara Gordon has become the most popular handicapped character since Charles Xavier. In fact, Oracle's nature as a handicapped superhero and a role model is almost never mentioned by the company or fans...There WAS some idea of her being a role model, I think... We wanted her to cope with what had happened to her and becoming, in many ways, more effective as Oracle than she ever was as Batgirl. And we knew that others with disabilities might look at her and feel good reading about her...I don't think people 'dance around' her disabilities as they don't want to focus on them, but on her character. These shouldn't be stories about a disabled person; they are stories about a compelling fascinating character who HAPPENS to be in a wheelchair and I think that's correct. Barbara isn't her handicap; there's more to her than that. - John Ostrander

ORACLE PC

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 0, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 6, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Acrobatics 8 (+8), Athletics 6 (+8), Deception 5 (+8), Expertise [Current Event] 5 (+11), Expertise [Science] 7 (+13), Insight 9 (+13), Intimidation (+3), Investigation 10 (+16) [Contacts, Well Informed], Perception 11 (+15), Persuasion 8 (+11) [Connected], Ranged Combat [Batarangs] 4 (+11), Stealth 8 (+8), Technology 14 (+20) [Second Chance, Skill Mastery, Ultimate Effort], Treatment 4 (+10), Vehicles 5 (+8)

ADVANTAGES: Beginner's Luck, Benefit (1) (Multiple Virtual ID), Close Attack (3), Connected, Contacts, Defensive Roll (1), Eidetic Memory, Equipment (5), Improved Initiative (1), Leadership, Prone Fighting, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (4), Second Chance (1) (Technology Checks against Security), Skill Mastery (1) (Technology), Teamwork, Ultimate Effort (1) (Ultimate Technology Check), Well-Informed

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(55ep)
Wheelchair: Speed 1 (4 mph); 1ep
Arsenal: (6ep)
Batarang: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Ranged Damage 2, Critical 19-20; 50ft range, Medium; 5ep
Escrima Sticks: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 2, Split; 1ep
Headquarters: (18ep)
Clocktower: Size - Small, Toughness - 10, Features - Communications, Masterwork Computer, Concealed, Defense System, Fire Prevention System, Garage, Gym, Infirmary, Laboratory, Library, Living Space, Power System, Security System, Workshop; 18ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +4
Close Attack +11 [Unarmed +2; Escrima Sticks +3]
Ranged Attack +7
Batarangs +11 [Batarangs +3, Critical 19-20]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +5 [DC15] Parry +9 [DC19]
Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Disability: Barbara is a paraplegic thanks to The Joker
Enemy: The Calculator, Spy Smasher, The Joker (for obvious reasons)
Identity: She guards her identity Barbara Gordon fiercely
Relationships: The Bat Family, her father Jim Gordon, The Birds of Prey, Responsibility: To the superhero community as an information resource

Abilities 56 + Skills 52 (104 ranks) + Advantages 27 + Powers 0 + Defenses 15 = 150 / 150

Comments: Barbara Gordon becoming Oracle is the rare comic feat of someone changing their role in the major comic settings and coming out better in the new role. You can say what you want to about her being the iconic Batgirl, but I love Cassandra's and Steph's take on the role and I think Barbara is far more vital to the DCU now as Oracle than she ever was, our would be, as Batgirl. As a build, I really like the way she came out.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:10 pm

Another new item for PC Line hits the Aisle 1 shelves!

King of the Seven Seas, remember?

AQUAMAN PC

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 8, STAMINA 8, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 5 (+7), Athletics 2 (+10), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+10), Deception (+2), Expertise [Arcane Lore] 4 (+5Insight 2 (+5), Intimidation 3 (+5), Perception 2 (+5), Persuasion 3 (+5), Stealth 3 (+5), Vehicles 2 (+2)

ADVANTAGES: Animal Empathy, Benefit (1) (Status – King of Atlantis/Sub Diego), Close Attack (2), Defensive Roll (2), Favored Environment (Underwater), Languages (1) (Atlantean, Base: English)

POWERS:
Atlantean Physiology: Immunity 3 (Cold, Suffocation [Drowning], Pressure), Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation [Aquatic]); Senses 1 (Low Light Vision), Regeneration 2, Swimming 8 (125 mph); 16 pts
King of the Seven Seas: 31 pt array; 32 pts
Summon Marine Life: Summon 4 (60 pt minions, Extra: Horde, Mental Link, Variable Type [Marine Life], Multiple Minions 2 [4 Minions], Flaw: Limited [In or Near Water]); 31 pts
Marine Telepathy: Comprehend 2 (Animals, Flaw: Limited [Marine Life]), Communication 4 (Flaw: Limited [Marine Life]), Enhanced Skills 4 (Persuasion 8 ranks, Flaw: Limited [Marine life only]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +8
Unarmed +10 [Unarmed +8]
Ranged Attack +0

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +10, Fortitude +10, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Black Manta, Ocean Master, DC writers, Raj
Relationships: Aquaman has a wife, Mera, and ties with his former ward, Tempest, and his friends in Atlantis
Responsibility: As King of Atlantis, Aquaman must often attend to the needs of his people and his duty to the Seven Seas
Temper: Aquaman is known for his fierce, warrior temper when tested
Weakness: Aquaman dehydrates when away from water for an extended time, becoming impaired, disabled, and finally incapacitated before his condition becomes dying. Immersion in water immediately removes all accumulated conditions

Abilities 60 + Skills 14 (28 ranks) + Advantages 8 + Powers 48 + Defenses 20 = 150 / 150

Comments: Since some of you are new to the Tank, I will go over this topic again.

Get off Aquaman.

He’s a good character and concept. Not his fault he got bad press, a bad adaptation in Super Friends and some bad writing for years. No, his solo books will never sell. Hard to sell tales on the high seas consistently. But when he is in the League and things like his part time role in Brightest Day are perfect for him. And Alex Ross made him mega cool in Justice, which I loved. He’s got cred with the DCU heroes and most villains, and why his power set is always cracked on never ceases to amaze me. Super strong, good fighter, what SHOULD be diplomatic immunity, super swimming and THE ABILITY TO CONTROL (depending on the writer) AND/OR SUMMON 2/3 OF LIFE ON THE PLANET is pretty bad ass. People love Tarzan and he can just talk to apes. Try having someone drop a blue whale on your head and summon a school of tiger sharks on your ass. Yes, it’s got some serious limits, but come on, put him in the right setting and you have a bad ass of epic proportions on your hands.

And Geoff Johns has captured this in the new book. Wonderfully written, not afraid to poke a little fun at his rep and puts him on a level with the other big guns in the DCU, which he should have always been in the first place.

Anyway, regarding the build itself, it’s not much of a departure from the DCHH build, just toned down enough for playable points. I had to make some serious cuts but still, summoning 4-60 point animals isn't bad and considering the cost of Jab's marine animals, that still gives him plenty of flexibility.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:11 pm

We've got a BLACK LIGHT SPECIAL on Aisle 1!

That scream reminds me of my wife...

BLACK CANARY PC

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 8 (+12) [Agile Feint], Athletics 7 (+9), Close Combat [Unarmed] 5 (+16), Deception 3 (+5), Expertise [Streetwise] 4 (+5), Insight 8 (+10) [Assessment], Intimidation 6 (+8), Investigation 6 (+7), Perception 6 (+8), Persuasion 3 (+5), Ranged Combat [Throwing] 3 (+5), Stealth 7 (+11), Vehicles 6 (+9)

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, Assessment, Close Attack (1), Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (3), Evasion (1), Improved Critical (1) (Unarmed), Improved Disarm, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative (1), Leadership, Power Attack, Takedown (1), Teamwork, Uncanny Dodge

POWERS:
Canary Cry: 20 pt array; 21 pts
Deafening Cry: Cone Area Affliction 10 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Hearing Impaired, 2nd: Hearing Disabled, 3rd: Hearing Debilitated, Extra: Area Cone [60 ft], Duration [Concentration], Flaw: Distracting); 20 pts
Damaging Cry: Sonic Cone Area Damage 10 (Extra: Area Cone [60 ft], Duration [Concentration], Flaw: Distracting); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(15ep)
Leather Costume: Protection 1 (Extra: Subtle); 2ep
Handcuffs: Feature 1 (Toughness 9, DC20 Sleight of Hand/Technology), Tiny; 1ep
Vehicle: (12ep)
Motorcycle: Size - M, Strength - 1, Speed - 6, Def - 10, Tough - 8, Features 2 (Navigation System, Hidden Compartments); 12ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8
Close Attack +11
Unarmed +16 [Unarmed +2, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +2
Throwing +5
Special Attack [Canary Cry Affliction/Damage +10, [i]Area Cone]]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +14 [DC24]
Toughness +6, Fortitude +6, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Phobia: Dinah does work well with computers and they don't seem to like her, either
Power Loss: Injuries/damage to her throat can render her unable to use her Canary Cry
Relationships: Green Arrow, Sin, The Birds of Prey

Abilities 52 + Skills 36 (72 ranks) + Advantages 19 + Powers 21 + Defenses 22 = 150 / 150

Comments: Here is my take on Black Canary as a PC. Again, street level skilled types are harder to fit into the 15/pp rank format than in 2E but I’m getting better at it the more I do it. It’s more of a matter of what to leave out than what to put in, really.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:13 pm

Check out this RED LIGHT SPECIAL on Aisle 1! But move quick, but it's going FAST!

Barry...is the kind of man that I would've hoped to become if my parents hadn't been murdered. - Batman

THE FLASH (BARRY ALLEN) PC

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 1, FIGHTING 4, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 5 (+8) [Agile Feint], Athletics 5 (+7), Close Combat [Unarmed] 6 (+10), Deception (+1), Expertise [Forensics] 4 (+7), Insight (+3), Intimidation (+1), Investigation 3 (+6) [Well-Informed], Perception 3 (+6), Persuasion (+1), Stealth (+3), Technology 2 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Equipment (1), Teamwork, Well-Informed

ENHANCED ADVANTAGES: (SUPER SPEED) Agile Feint, Defensive Roll (2), Evasion (2), Improved Initiative (5), Instant Up, Move-by Action, Seize Initiative, Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Speedster Physiology: Immunity 2 (Friction Heat, Poisons [Limited], Diseases [Limited]); 2 pts
Fastest Man Alive: Enhanced Parry 10, Enhanced Dodge 10, Speed 15 (64,000 mph), Quickness 11, Enhanced Advantages 15 (see Advantages), Enhanced Skills 3 (Close Combat [Unarmed] 6 ranks); 64 pts
Super Speed Stunts: 16 pt array; 20 pts
Tornado Blast: Cone Area Move Object 8 (Extra: Area Cone [60 ft.], Flaw: Range [Close]); 16 pts
Rapid Attack: Burst Area Damage 5 (Extra: Area Burst [30 ft.], Selective); 1 pt
Super Speed Movement: Movement 2 (Wall Crawling, Water Running, Flaw: Limited [only when moving]), Movement 1 (Slow Fall, Extra: Burst Area [30 ft], Affects Others); 1 pt
Vacuum: Burst Area Cumulative Affliction 4 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Area Burst [30ft], Duration [Concentration]; 1 pt
Vibration: Insubstantial 4 (Intangible); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(5ep)
Flash Costume Ring: Feature 1 (Stores costume); 1ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +23
Close Attack +4
Unarmed +10 [Unarmed +2]
Ranged Attack +1
Special Attack [Rapid Burst +5, Area Attack]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +15 [DC25] Parry +15 [DC25]
Toughness +5, Fortitude +7, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Professor Zoom, Gorilla Grodd, The Rogues
Relationships: His wife, Iris, grandson Bart “Kid Flash” Allen, Wally West, and the greater “Flash family.”
Secret Identity: Barry Allen, Central City police scientist.
Weakness: Extra effort involving Speed threatens to draw the Flash into the Speed Force.

Abilities 40 + Skills 11 (22 ranks) + Advantages 18 + Powers 70 + Defenses 11 = 150 / 150

Comments: My PC take on one of my all-time favorite characters, Barry Allen. To me, he is still the iconic Flash, even though I still dig Jay Garrick and Wally West. And speedster powerset is still the most difficult to GM in my opinion and the one powerset that I cannot imagine writing every month for in comics. If he handled right, they are unbeatable on a level of Silver Age Superman. How can you beat someone how can hit you, or disable your death ray in less time than you can think? I mean, Professor Zoom could just be running through people and killing them any time he wants if the writers wanted him to. It’s scary.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:14 pm

We've got another RED LIGHT SPECIAL for Aisle 1

Keystone is under the protection of a man who can throw haymakers like machine-gun fire... who can create cyclones with a wave of his arm... who can outrun gravity. Keystone is my city.

THE FLASH (WALLY WEST) PC

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 4, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 5 (+8) [Agile Feint], Athletics 5 (+7), Close Combat [Unarmed] 6 (+10), Deception 7 (+9) [Taunt], Insight (+2), Intimidation (+2), Perception 3 (+5), Persuasion (+2), Stealth (+3), Technology 2 (+3)

ADVANTAGES: Taunt, Teamwork

ENHANCED ADVANTAGES (SUPER SPEED): Agile Feint, Defensive Roll (2), Evasion (2), Improved Initiative (5), Instant Up, Move-by Action, Seize Initiative, Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Speedster Physiology: Immunity 2 (Friction Heat, Poisons [Limited], Diseases [Limited]); 2 pts
Fastest Man Alive: Enhanced Parry 10, Enhanced Dodge 10, Speed 15 (64,000 mph), Quickness 11, Enhanced Advantages 15 (see Advantages), Enhanced Skills 3 (Close Combat [Unarmed] 6 ranks); 64 pts
Super Speed Stunts: 16 pt array; 20 pts
Tornado Blast: Cone Area Move Object 8 (Extra: Area Cone [60 ft.], Flaw: Range [Close]); 16 pts
Super Speed Movement: Movement 2 (Wall Crawling, Water Running, Flaw: Limited [only when moving]), Movement 1 (Slow Fall, Extra: Burst Area [30 ft], Affects Others); 1 pt
Share Speed: Extra: Affects Others on Speed 15; 1 pt
Vacuum: Burst Area Cumulative Affliction 4 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Area Burst [30ft], Duration [Concentration]; 1 pt
Vibration: Insubstantial 4 (Intangible; Flaw: Side Effect [Objects passed through suffer Damage 10 and explode); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +23
Close Attack +4
Unarmed +10 [Unarmed +2]
Ranged Attack +2
Special Attack [Rapid Attack +5, Area Burst]

DEFENSES:
Toughness +5, Fortitude +8, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Professor Zoom, Gorilla Grodd, The Rogues
Relationships: His wife, Linda, his children, and the greater “Flash family.”
Secret Identity: Wally West.
Weakness: Extra effort involving Speed threatens to draw the Flash into the Speed Force.

Abilities 38 + Skills 11 (22 ranks) + Advantages 17 + Powers 71 + Defenses 13 = 150 / 150

Comments: This is actually a NEW build, not just an import from J-Mart, amazingly enough. My PC take on Wally West. Not a lot of differences from Barry but he’s actually a little better with his saves and a little more effective as a team player.

Once I get everything moved around on my threads, I plan on hitting the PCs hard again but I figured I have about 120 builds to replace/move at J-Mart between the PCs and my original setting builds so it might be a while.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:15 pm

RED LIGHT SPECIAL on Aisle 1!

How can you possibly claim to be the Flash, Barry Allen -- when I -- Jay Garrick -- am the Flash -- and have been so for more than 20 years?! - Jason Garrick

FLASH (JAY GARRICK) PC

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 4, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 0 (+3/+7) [Agile Feint], Athletics (+2), Close Combat [Unarmed] 6 (+4/+10), Deception (+2), Expertise [Physical Sciences] 4 (+5), Insight 5 (+8), Intimidation (+2), Investigation 4 (+5), Perception 4 (+7), Persuasion 5 (+7), Stealth (+3)

ADVANTAGES: Equipment (1), Leadership, Set-Up (1), Teamwork

ENHANCED ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, Evasion (2), Improved Defense, Improved Initiative (5), Move-by Action, Seize Initiative, Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Fastest Old Man Alive: Enhanced Parry 10, Enhanced Dodge 10, Speed 15 (64,000 mph), Quickness 11, Enhanced Advantages 14 (see Advantages), Enhanced Skills 5 (Close Combat [Unarmed] 6 ranks, Acrobatics 4 ranks); 65 pts
Super Speed Stunts: Array, 16 pt array; 19 pts
Tornado Blast: Cone Area Move Object 8 (Extra: Area Cone [60 ft.], Flaw: Ranged [Close]); 16 pts
Speed Movement: Movement 2 (Wall Crawling, Water Running); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(5ep)
JSA Commlink: Commlink, GPS, Feature 2 (JSA Brownstone/Camp Hammond Access); 4ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +23
Close Attack +4
Unarmed +10 [Unarmed +2]
Ranged Attack +2
Special Ranged Attack [Tornado Blast Move Object +8, Area Cone; Rapid Attack +5, Burst Area; Vacuum Affliction +4, Area Burst]

DEFENSES:
Toughness +5, Fortitude +5, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Professor Zoom, Superboy-Prime, Inertia, Johnny Sorrow
Relationships: Barry and Iris Allen, Wally West and his family, Max Mercury, Alan Scott, Ted Grant
Responsibility: Serve the JSA and train the heroes of tomorrow

Abilities 40 + Skills 11 (22 ranks) + Advantages 19 + Powers 71 + Defenses 9 = 150 / 150

Comments: Not sure about the Jay Garrick build, I’ll definitely have to come back and look at it again. I used the same mechanics for him that I with Bart and Barry, but I’m not sure I couldn’t tweak things to get him just a little more speed. Still, for an old guy, being 3 ranks below the DCA book Barry ain’t bad. I just wanted to give him some other stuff, too, and super speed mechanics, in 2E and 3E, have always been pricey. But it’s worth it.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:16 pm

A GREEN LIGHT SPECIAL hits the Aisle 1 shelves.

I'm still not quite sure why he picked the name Green Arrow...

GREEN ARROW (OLIVER QUEEN) PC

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Acrobatics 6 (+10), Athletics 7 (+10), Close Combat [Swords] 2 (+10), Deception 7 (+10) [Taunt], Expertise [Business] 4 (+5), Expertise [Politics] 4 (+5), Expertise [Streetwise] 4 (+5), Expertise [Survival] 4 (+5), Insight 3 (+5), Intimidation 4 (+7), Investigation 6 (+7), Perception 7 (+9), Persuasion (+3), Ranged Combat [Bow] 7 (+14) [Skill Mastery], Stealth 7 (+11), Technology 4 (+5), Vehicles 2 (+6)

ADVANTAGES: Accurate Attack, Benefit (2) (Wealth 2 [Independently Wealthy]), Defensive Roll (3), Equipment (5), Improved Aim, Improved Critical (1) (Bow), Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative (1), Power Attack, Precise Attack (2) (Ranged Cover, Ranged Concealment), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (3), Skill Mastery (1) (Ranged Combat: Bow), Takedown (1), Taunt, Tracking, Ultimate Effort (1) (Ultimate Aim), Uncanny Dodge

POWERS:
Eagle Eyes: Senses 1 (Normal Vision, Extra: Innate); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(25ep)
Commlink: Feature 1, Miniscule; 1ep
Sword: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 3, Critical 19-20, Medium; 4ep
Bow and Arrows: (20ep)
Standard Arrow: Piercing Ranged Damage 6; 12ep
Rapid Fire Arrows: Rapid Piercing Ranged Damage 4 (Extra: Multiattack); 1ep
Boxing Glove Arrow: Ranged Affliction 6 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated); 1ep
Flare Arrows: Ranged Area Burst Affliction 4 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Visually Impaired, 2nd: Visually Disabled, 3rd: Visually Unaware, Extra: Burst Area); 1ep
Net Arrows: Ranged Affliction 4 (Resisted by Dodge; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized; Extra: Alternate Resistance [Resisted by Dodge], Cumulative, Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited to two Degrees); 1ep
Cutting Torch Arrows: Heat Damage 4 (Extra: Penetrating); 1ep
Knockout Gas Arrows: Ranged Area Burst Affliction 4 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Fatigued, 2nd: Exhausted, 3rd: Asleep); 1ep
Bow Bash: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 2; 1ep, Grapple Arrow: Movement 1 (Swinging); 1ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8
Close Attack +8 [Unarmed +3; Bow Bash +5, Critical 19-20]
Swords +10 [Sword +6, 19-20 Critical]
Ranged Attack +7
Bow +14 [Bow +6, 18-20 Critical; Boxing Glow Arrow Affliction +5, Critical 18-20; Flare Arrow Affliction +4, Area Burst; Net Arrow Affliction +4; Rapid Fire Arrows +4, Multiattack; Knockout Gas Arrow +4, Area Burst]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +14 [DC24] Parry +13 [DC23]
Toughness +6, Fortitude +7, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Merlyn, Shado (sometimes)
Identity: He normally maintains the secret identity of Oliver Queen
Pain In The Ass: Green Arrow is an outspoken liberal, willing to defend his beliefs with action as well as words, which gets him into trouble (and no small number of arguments)
Relationships: Longtime relationship with Dinah Lance (Black Canary), father of Connor Hawke and another child, mentor to Mia Dearden (Speedy) and Roy Harper (Arsenal). Very close with Green Lantern Hal Jordan and Flash Barry Allen
Responsibility: Protecting Star City
Rivalry: Batman, although admittedly it is far more him than Bruce
Temper: Ollie can have a short fuse, particularly when it comes to social and political causes he believes in

Abilities 56 + Skills 39 (78 ranks) + Advantages 28 + Powers 2 + Defenses 25 = 150 / 150

Comments: My PC take on Ollie. Unlike a lot of people, I don't mind the bow being equipment, it's not like you can't use an HP to get something you need and we've generally all done Bat-stuff as Equipment and Bruce's stuff is usually better. I also upped his strength to 3 because they've always talked about how hard it is to pull his bow (and I've pulled a competitive bow before when I was and I used to bench 330 and it was HARD) and the DC Wikis state he can lift around 400 lbs. I have his arrow damage at 6 instead of 5 like the official build. It's just the Iron Age in me, I suppose... :wink:
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:18 pm

GREEN LIGHT SPECIAL hitting the Aisle 1 shelves!

They say I'm fearless. Not true. I do have one fear...my movie not living up the hype...

GREEN LANTERN (HAL JORDAN) PC

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 1, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 5, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Athletics (+2), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+7), Deception 5 (+7), Expertise [Law Enforcement] 3 (+4), Insight 4 (+7), Intimidation (+2), Investigation 4 (+5), Perception 2 (+5), Persuasion (+2), Ranged Combat [Power Ring] 5 (+7), Stealth (+1), Vehicles 9 (+11)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Extraordinary Effort, Fearless, Luck (1) (Improve Roll)

POWERS:
Green Lantern Power Ring: 84 pts traits, Removable (-17 pts); 67 pts
Quick Change: Features 1 (Quick Change); 1 pt
Ring Abilities: 8 pt array; 9 pts
Universal Translator: Comprehend 4 (Speak, Read, Understand All Languages, Extra: Affects Others); 8 pts
Scanning Beam/A.I.: Variable 1 (5 pts traits, Flaw: Limited to Senses), Features 2 (Ring A.I. and Database); 1 pt
Ring Flight: Flight 10 (2000 mph), Movement 4 (Environment Adaptation [Zero G], Space Travel 3); 28 pts
Force Field: Protection 9 (Flaw: Sustained); 9 pts
Force Manipulation: 27 pt Dynamic array; 37 pts
Force Blast: Force Ranged Damage 13 (Extra: Dynamic); 27 pts
Force Constructs: Create 13 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Movable Constructs: Create 8 (Extra: Dynamic, Movable); 2 pts
Communication: Communication 5 (Anywhere, Extra: Dynamic, Selective); 2 pts
Force Bubble: Ranged Burst Area Immunity 8 (All Environmental Conditions, Suffocation, Disease; Extra: Dynamic, Affects Others Only, Area Burst [30 ft radius]); 2 pts
Force Lifting: Move Object 12 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +1
Close Attack +5
Unarmed +7 [Unarmed +2]
Ranged Attack +2
Power Ring +7 [Force Blast +13; Force Lifting +13; Force Constructs +13]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 [DC18] Parry +8 [DC18]
Toughness +3 (+12 with Force Field), Fortitude +7, Will +13

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Sinestro, Hector Hammond, Red Lantern Corps, Sinestro Corps, Black Hand, Evil Star
Greed: Hal feels responsible for the terrible acts of Parallax while the fear entity controlled him
Power Loss: The power ring needs periodic recharging and issues a warning as its power runs low
Relationships: Carol Ferris, Green Arrow (Oliver Queen), Flash (Barry Allen)
Reputation: Hal Jordan is a maverick in nearly all aspects of his life and known for having issues with authority
Responsibility: To protect his space sector as the Green Lantern of Sector 2814
Weakness: Green Lantern power rings depend on the willpower of the wearer; the maximum rank of the ring’s effects is equal to the wearer’s Will rank, and moments of self-doubt or hesitation can cause the ring to fail

Abilities 38 + Skills 17 (34 ranks) + Advantages 4 + Powers 67 + Defenses 24 = 150 / 150

Comments: Here’s Hal Jordan as a PC for the Thorpacoverse. For once, I tried to be good and generally keep the ring dynamic in the core book because I thought it was pretty slick. Just made a couple of tweaks here and there and it was all good. I am really happy with the way he turned out for the points I had to work with.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:19 pm

Here's another GREEN LIGHT SPECIAL hitting the Aisle 1 shelves.

Vixen: Not to mention his taste in movies!
Shayera: I know! Old Yeller? What's that about? (they both laugh harder)
Vixen: And he's such a Marine! You should see his underwear drawer. He folds his socks! (both laugh again)

GREEN LANTERN (JOHN STEWART) PC

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 1, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 5, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Athletics 3 (+5), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+7), Deception (+1), Expertise [Architect] 7 (+9), Expertise [Military] 3 (+5), Insight 2 (+5), Intimidation (+1), Perception 4 (+7), Persuasion (+1), Stealth (+1), Technology 3 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Accurate Attack, Extraordinary Effort, Fearless, Improved Aim, Ranged Attack (6)

POWERS:
Green Lantern Power Ring: 83 pts traits, Removable (-17 pts); 66 pts
Quick Change: Features 1 (Quick Change); 1 pt
Ring Abilities: 8 pt array; 9 pts
Universal Translator: Comprehend 4 (Speak, Read, Understand All Languages, Extra: Affects Others); 8 pts
Scanning Beam/A.I.: Variable 1 (5 pts traits, Flaw: Limited to Senses), Features 2 (Ring A.I. and Database); 1 pt
Ring Flight: Flight 10 (2,000 mph), Movement 4 (Environment Adaptation [Zero G], Space Travel 3); 28 pts
Force Field: Protection 9 (Flaw: Sustained); 9 pts
Force Manipulation: 26 pt Dynamic Array; 36 pts
[i]Communication: Communication 5 (Anywhere, Extra: Dynamic, Selective); 26 pts
Force Blast: Force Ranged Damage 12 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Force Constructs: Create 12 (Extra: Dynamic, Precise); 2 pts
Movable Constructs: Create 8 (Extra: Dynamic, Movable, Precise); 2 pts
Force Bubble: Ranged Burst Area Immunity 8 (All Environmental Conditions, Suffocation, Disease; Extra: Dynamic, Affects Others Only, Area Burst [30 ft radius]); 2 pts
Force Lifting: Move Object 12 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +1
Close Attack +5
Unarmed +7 [Unarmed +2]
Ranged Attack +8 [Force Blast +12; Force Constructs +12; Force Lifting +12]
Firearms +10

DEFENSES:
Toughness +3 (+12 with Force Field), Fortitude +8, Will +12

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Sinestro, Sinestro Corps, Bedovian, Red Lantern Corps, Fatality
Guilt: John feels responsible for not preventing the destruction of the planet Xanshi and has never forgiven himself
Power Loss: The power ring needs periodic recharging and issues a warning as its power runs low
Relationships: The other Earth GLs, Katma Tui
Responsibility: To protect his space sector as the Green Lantern of Sector 2814
Responsibility: Green Lantern power rings depend on the willpower of the wearer; the maximum rank of the ring’s effects is equal to the wearer’s Will rank, and moments of self-doubt or hesitation can cause the ring to fail

Abilities 38 + Skills 12 (24 ranks) + Advantages 10 + Powers 66 + Defenses 24 = 150 / 150

Comments: I am really glad John Stewart got such good run in JLU because it really seems to have helped his standing in the main DCU. Still even as a black man, it kinda bothers me that so many people are looking at the trailer from the Green Lantern movie and going "I thought Green Lantern was black?" :wink:

But he's been a great character over the years and well deserving of the props. I tried to make him different from Hal, focusing more on his sniper abilities and more precise objects.

Clean Up 4/12/13: Fixed the points issues with John like I did Hal.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:20 pm

Let's get another GREEN LIGHT SPECIAL from our DC PC Line on the shelves!

Sit down, Gardner... this instant... or I swear I'll... I'll call Batman. - J'onn J'onzz

MARTIAN MANHUNTER PC

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 8 [12], STAMINA 8, AGILITY 1, DEXTERITY 1, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Athletics (+8), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+8), Expertise [Martian Lore] 2 (+5), Insight 2 (+5), Intimidation 5 (+5), Investigation 6 (+9) [Contacts], Perception 2 (+5), Ranged Combat [Martian Vision] 9 (+10), Stealth (+1), Technology 2 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Contacts, Languages (1) (English, Base: Martian), Leadership, Power Attack, Trance

POWERS:
Green Martian Physiology: Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support), Protection 2; 13 pts
Green Martian Senses: Senses 3 (Normal Vision [Extended 2], Mental Awareness); 3 pts
Green Martian Powers: 25 pt dynamic array; 41 pts
Telepathy: Mind Reading 10, Communication 1 (Mental, 100 ft; Extra: Dynamic); 25 pts
Intangibility: Insubstantial 4 (Intangible, Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Density: Enhanced Strength 4, Protection 4, Impervious 5 (9 ranks), Feature 3 (Increased Mass 3) (Extra: Dynamic, Flaw: Sustained); 2 pts
Invisibility: Concealment 4 (Visual, Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Extended Mental Broadcast: Enhanced Communication 3 (Mental, Worldwide, Extra: Area, Selective, Dynamic); 2 pts
Shapeshifting: Morph 4 (Any Form, Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Martian Vision: Force Ranged Damage 10 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Flight: Flight 10 (2,000 mph), Movement 2 (Space Travel 2) (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Super-Strength: Enhanced Strength 8 (25K Tons; Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
[i]NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +1
Close Attack +6
Unarmed +8 [Unarmed +8]
Ranged Attack +1
Martian Vision +10 [Martian Vision +10]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +5 [DC15] Parry +6 [DC16]
Toughness +10 (+14 with Full Density), Fortitude +10, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Alien: He sometimes struggles with adjusting to life on Earth and being the last green Martian (or so he thinks)
Enemy: His brother, Malefic; Human Flame
Power Loss: He loses all powers and his Str and Sta are reduced to 2 when exposed to fire
Responsibility: To protect his adopted homeworld

Abilities 60 + Skills 15 (30 ranks) + Advantages 5 + Powers 57 + Defenses 13 = 150 / 150

Comments: Now J’onn here will be an interesting play. I had to do a LOT of streamlining for J'onn to get him to playable pts and after struggling with an array for an hour or so, I said to hell with it and went with dynamic array this time, but I am debating about going back to Variable pool. If I actually test my PL10/150 pt JLA like I hope, I'll have to see how this goes.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:21 pm

RED LIGHT SPECIAL hitting the Aisle 1 shelves!

I used to know a girl who could move her hips like that, too...

And I still really miss Michael Turner... :(

RED TORNADO PC

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 9, STAMINA -5, AGILITY 1, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 4, AWARENESS 0, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Athletics (+9), Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+9), Ranged Combat [Air Control] 6 (+8), Stealth (+1), Technology 5 (+9)

ADVANTAGES: Eidetic Memory, Favored Environment (Flying), Improved Initiative (1)

POWERS:
Android Physique: Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects), Protection 12; 42 pts
Computer Mind: Immunity 10 (Mental Effects); 10 pts
One of the 13 Immortal Spirits: Immortality 3 (1 week, Flaw: Requires entire android body in one piece); 3 pts
Self-Repairing: Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds); 2 pts
Vortex Flight: Flight 6 (125 mph); 12 pts
Air Elemental: 24 pt Array; 27 pts
Air Blast: Air Ranged Damage 12; 24 pts
Tornado Burst: Ranged Burst Area Move Object 8 (Extra: Area Burst [30 ft]); 1 pt
Air Control: Cone Area Move Object 10 (Extra: Area Cone [60 ft]); 1 pt
Tornado Blast: Air Cone Area Damage 10 (Extra: Cone Area [60 ft]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +5
Close Attack +6
Unarmed +9 [Unarmed +9]
Air Control +8 [Air Blast +12]
Special Attack [Tornado Blast +10, Area Cone; Air Control Move Object +10, Area Cone; Tornado Burst Move Object +8, Area Burst]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +6 [DC16] Parry +6 [DC16]
Toughness +12, Fortitude NA, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:
Acceptance: Fully aware that he is artificial, Red Tornado wants to be treated as and live the life of an ordinary human
Relationships: His wife Kathy and daughter, Traya
Weakness: Red Tornado has a kill switch on back of his neck and is susceptible to being reprogrammed

Abilities 34 + Skills 7 (14 ranks) + Advantages 3 + Powers 96 + Defenses 10 = 150 / 150

Comments: So I was re-reading the Tornado’s Path arc of JLA recently and I was compelled to whip up Mr. Smith. I need to look at it again to see if I can get his Air Control up a rank or two, but in general, I like how he came out at playable pts. Of course, I could have if I had taken out a couple of small touches, like his Regeneration or stretched his Immortality out longer, but I wanted to get the feel of the characters I'm building at playable pts more so than making them completely combat efficient.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:23 pm

Tonite we've got a little time to drop a new MIDNITE SPECIAL on Aisle 1!

Not surprisingly, he loves to eat at Hooters...

DOCTOR MIDNITE III (PIETER CROSS) PC
PL: 10 (150 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 9

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 5, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 7 (+10), Athletics 6 (+8), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+12), Deception (+1), Expertise [Science] 7 (+12), Expertise [Streetwise] 1 (+6), Insight 6 (+10), Intimidation (+1), Investigation 4 (+9), Perception 8 (+12), Persuasion (+1), Ranged Combat [Throwing] 6 (+12), Stealth 7 (+10), Technology 7 (+12), Treatment 15 (+20) [Skill Mastery]

ADVANTAGES: Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (3), Favored Environment (Darkness), Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative (1), Minion (3) (Charlie the Owl), Power Attack, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (2), Skill Mastery (1) (Treatment), Takedown (1), Throwing Mastery (1), Uncanny Dodge

POWERS:
Mid-Nite Vision: Senses 3 (Infravision, Darkvision); 3 pts
Mid-Nite Goggles: 7 pts traits, Removable (-2 pts); 7 pts
Super Senses: Senses 7 (Ultravision [Acute, Analytical, Penetrates Concealment], Danger Sense [Visual]); 7 pts
Here, Charlie!: Senses 2 (Communication Link [Radio, Visual, with Charlie the Owl]); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(25ep)
Costume: Protection 1; 1 ep
Gas Mask: Immunity 2 (Eye and lung irritants [12 hour limit]); 1 ep
Arsenal: (23ep)
Tear Gas Grenades: Affliction 4 (1st: dazed and visually impaired, 2nd: stunned and visually disabled, 3rd: incapacitated; resisted by Dodge), Extra: Ranged Area Burst, Range 20ft; 16ep
Flash Bang Grenade: Dazzle 4 (Affliction 4, 1st: Visually and Auditory Impaired, 2nd: Visually and Auditory Disabled, 3rd: Visual and Auditory Unaware; resisted by Dodge), Extra: Ranged Area Burst, Range 20ft; 1ep
Blackout Bombs: Concealment 4 (Visual, resisted by Dodge), Extra: Burst Area, Range 30ft; 1ep
Crescent Shaped Throwing Discs: Piercing Ranged Damage 1, Extra: Multiattack; 25ft range, Small; 1ep
Crescent Boomerang: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Ranged Damage 2; 50ft range, Medium; 1ep
Masterwork Medical Kit: +2 Treatment, Medium; 1 ep
Mini-Tracer: Feature 1 (Tracking, 2 Mile range), Miniscule; 1ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +7
Close Attack +10
Unarmed +12 [Unarmed +2]
Ranged Attack +6
Throwing+12 [Throwing Discs +2, Multiattack; Crescent Boomerangs +4; Flash Bang Affliction +4, Area Burst]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +5, Fortitude +6, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Disability: He is blind except for his nightvision
Guilt: Over accident that cost him his sight and caused the death of a young woman
Relationships: He is close to most of his JSA teammates
Responsibility: Hippocratic Oath

Abilities 64 + Skills 38 (76 ranks) + Advantages 19 + Powers 10 + Defenses 19 = 150 / 150

Comments: Here are some JSA PCs, starting with Doctor Midnite. He's a key character in the DCU because of his medical skills and the puzzling lack of super heroes with healing abilities. Much like Mr. Terrific, I have never seen him actually fight, but hey, not every character should be about that and all the major heroes need healers and he's one of the best.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:24 pm

Check out this HOUR OF POWER Special on Aisle 1!

A fight with me and Pym would still leave me with 59 minutes and 55 seconds of power time to spare...

HOURMAN (RICK TYLER) PC

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3 [10], STAMINA 3 [10], AGILITY 3 [7], DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 6 (+13), Athletics 3 (+13), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+10), Deception (+2), Expertise [Science] 8 (+10), Insight 3 (+5), Intimidation (+2), Investigation 3 (+5), Perception 10 (+12), Persuasion (+2), Stealth (+7), Technology 8 (+10), Treatment 3 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Equipment (1), Improved Hold, Improved Initiative (1), Interpose, Teamwork

ENHANCED ADVANTAGES: Improved Critical (2) (Unarmed 2), Improved Grab, Power Attack, Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Hourglass Amulet: 6 pts traits, Removable (-1 pt); 5 pts
Temporal Inertia: Feature 1 (Temporal Inertia); 1 pt, Dimensional Movement: Movement 1 (Dimensional [to/from The Timepoint]); 2 pts
Flash Forward: Senses 4 (Precognition, Flaw: Uncontrolled, Limited [only hour into the future]); 2 pts

Hourglass Gauntlets: 80 pts traits, Removable (-16 pts); 64 pts
Hour of Power!: Enhanced Strength 7, Enhanced Strength 2 (100 Tons, Flaw: Limited to Lifting), Enhanced Advantages 5 (see Advantages), Leaping 2 (30 ft), Speed 6 (120 mph); 29 pts
Invulnerability: Enhanced Stamina 7, Protection 2, Impervious 6 (12 ranks), Immunity 5 (Pressure, Environmental Heat, Environmental Cold, Suffocation [Drowning], Vacuum); 34 pts
Enhanced Agility: Enhanced Agility 4, Enhanced Skills 2 (Acrobatics 4 ranks); 10 pts
Enhanced Senses: Senses 3 (Normal Vision [Extended], Normal Hearing [Extended], Infravision), Enhanced Skills 2 (Perception 4/ranks); 5 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(5ep)
JSA Commlink: Commlink, GPS, Feature 2 (JSA Brownstone/Camp Hammond Access); 4ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +11
Close Attack +8
Unarmed +10 [Unarmed +3; Hour of Power Unarmed +10, Critical 18-20]
Ranged Attack +2

DEFENSES:
Toughness +3 (+12 with Hour of Power, +6 Impervious with Hour of Power), Fortitude +5 (+12 with Hour of Power), Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
Motivation: Carrying on the Hourman legacy of his father, Rex Tyler
Power Loss: The Miraclo enhancements are only available for an hour a day and longer term use can have serious physical effects
Relationships: His wife, Jesse Chambers-Tyler (Liberty Belle II)

Abilities 50 + Skills 19 (38 ranks) + Advantages 12 + Powers 60 + Defenses 9 = 150 / 150

Comments: I have always loved the Hourman concept. For one hour a day, he’s the baddest dude on the block. The other 23…eh, not so much...

But still, fun concept. I had to stretch to get him to 150 pts, but I made it and I don't think I overpowered him that much.
Shop J-Mart!

Return to “Roll Call”