J-Mart: Preparing for Relocation... :)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
rtrimmer
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Re: J-Mart: Catwoman vs. Pink Pearl, Metallo, Sodam Yat

Post by rtrimmer » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:32 pm

Khakhan wrote:
rtrimmer wrote:Re: Magneto
Increased Mass on Move Object, let alone Perception Ranged Move Object, is legit? Seems like it should apply to using the power at Touch range.
Why not? How is it any different than Lifting Only Strength?
Move Object is Lifting Only Strength -- with Range. 2 pts per rank.

rtrimmer
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Re: J-Mart: Catwoman vs. Pink Pearl, Metallo, Sodam Yat

Post by rtrimmer » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:34 pm

rtrimmer wrote:
Khakhan wrote:
rtrimmer wrote:Re: Magneto
Increased Mass on Move Object, let alone Perception Ranged Move Object, is legit? Seems like it should apply to using the power at Touch range.
Why not? How is it any different than Lifting Only Strength?
Move Object is Lifting Only Strength -- with Range. 2 pts per rank.
And not capped.

Khakhan
Bystander
Bystander

Re: J-Mart: B'dg, Graf Toren, Voz, Tomar-Tu, Molecule Man

Post by Khakhan » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:45 am

That does no damage.

Khakhan
Bystander
Bystander

Post by Khakhan » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:53 am

Khakhan wrote:That does no damage.
And is capped, in exactly that same way as Strength. And costs exactly the same as Ranged Strength when you add the ability to do damage with it. 3 pts per rank.

All of which does nothing to explain why it wouldn't be legit.

kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by kenmadragon » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:16 am

Actually, ranks in Move Object not only allow one to lift at their Move Object's rank in mass, but also grab, make trip attempts, disarm, etc, using their rank in Move Object in place of strength. So, Move Object X is not just Ranged Lifting. Thus, the Increased Mass feat for Move Object is viable, given that it does not add to the rank used for making these grab, trips, disarms, etc. checks which are all limited by the Power Level. So, Increased Mass is a viable feat for Move Object at 1pp/rank of Increased Mass.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:14 pm

Check out this new item for Aisle 1!

I am normal. It's the rest of the world that's weird. - Bartholomew Allen

KID FLASH (BART ALLEN)
PL: 10 (199 pts) - OPL: 9 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 3, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 6 (+10/+14) [Agile Feint], Athletics 6 (+7), Deception 7 (+9) [Taunt], Expertise [Popular Culture] 2 (+5), Insight (+1), Intimidation (+2), Perception 3 (+4), Persuasion (+2), Stealth (+4), Technology 4 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, Beginner's Luck, Defensive Roll (2), Eidetic Memory, Evasion (2), Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative 10, Instant Up, Interpose, Move-by Action, Seize Initiative, Taunt

POWERS:
Speedster Physiology: Immunity 2 (Friction Heat, Poisons [Limited], Diseases [Limited]), Regeneration 3 (1/every 3 rounds); 5 pts
Fastest Kid Alive: Enhanced Parry 10, Enhanced Dodge 10, Speed 26 (125,000,000 mph/250,000 mpr), Quickness 22, Enhanced Advantages 21 (Agile Feint, Defensive Roll 3, Evasion 2, Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative 10, Instant Up, Interpose, Move-by Action, Seize Initiative), Enhanced Skills 7 (Acrobatics 4 ranks, Close Combat [Unarmed] 10 ranks); 97 pts
Super Speed Movement: Movement 4 (Wall Crawling 2 [Normal Speed], Water Walking [Normal Speed], Flaw: Limited [only when moving]); 3 pts
Super Speed Stunts: 16 pt Array; 26 pts
Tornado Blast: Cone Area Move Object 8 (Extra: Cone Area [60 ft cone], Flaw: Range [Close]); 16 pts
Cyclone: Burst Area Move Object 8 (Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Concentration, Flaw: Limited to fine movement and powerful winds]); 1 pt
Air Cushion: Burst Area Movement 1 (Safe Fall, Extra: Affects Others, Burst Area [30 ft radius]); 1 pt
Rapid Fire Punches: Multiattack Bludgeoning Strength-based Damage 4; 1 pt
Rapid Attack: Burst Area Bludgeoning Damage 5 (Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Selective); 1 pt
Vacuum: Burst Area Cumulative Affliction 4 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Concentration); 1 pt
Throwback: Deflect 7 (Extra: Accurate 2, Reflect, Redirect, Flaw: Limited [to Projectiles]); 1 pt
Flattening Wake: Line Area Reaction Affliction 8 (Resisted by Dodge; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Prone, Extra: Line Area [30 ft line], Reaction [while moving at high speed], Instant Recovery, Flaw: Limited to two degrees, Limited [to directly behind Kid Flash]); 1 pt
Lightning Disarm: Burst Area on Strength for Disarming 2, (Extra: Area Burst x2 [60 ft radius], Disarming, Selective); 1 pt
Vibration: Insubstantial 4 (Intangible); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +44
Close Attack +3
Unarmed +13 [Unarmed +1; Rapid Fire Punches +5, Multiattack]
Ranged Attack +3
Special Attack [Tornado Blast Move Object +8, Cone Area; Cyclone Move Object +8, Burst Area; Rapid Attack +5, Burst Area; Vacuum Affliction +4, Burst Area; Flattening Wake Affliction +8, Line Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +15 [DC25] Parry +15 [DC25]
Toughness +5 (+2 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Professor Zoom, Superboy-Prime, Inertia, The Rogues.
Man out of Time: Bart Allen was born in the 30th century and raised inside a virtual reality environment. Although he has had time to acclimate to living in the reality of the present day, the speedster still sometimes misses a step
Relationships: Barry and Iris Allen, Wally West and his family, Max Mercury, Superboy, Red Robin and Wonder Girl.
Thrills: Bart loves to do things to push the envelope including taking a joyride in the Batmobile…

Abilities 38 + Skills 14 (28 ranks) + Advantages 3 + Powers 130 + Defenses 14 = 199 / 199

Build Comments: He’s had his ups and downs, but I can’t help it, I am still a Bart Allen fan. I will always reference that scene from Teen Titans about 10 years back where he convinced Tim Drake to let him go joyriding in the Batmobile. That was a classic display of youthful stupidity, something I will always have respect for.

Secret Origins: Bart Allen was the product of the union between two families who had been bitter rivals for centuries. His father, Don Allen, was the son of Barry Allen, the second Flash, and his mother was Meloni Thawne, daughter of the Earthgov president and descendant of Flash villains Cobalt Blue and Professor Zoom.

Shortly after Bart's birth, his family was attacked by Zoom, wishing to end the union of the rival families. They, along with the family of Don's sister Dawn, attempted to flee to a parallel Earth using the Cosmic Treadmill. However, Zoom sabotaged the device, causing an explosion which created a rift in the multiverse. Zoom was ultimately defeated by an army of three different Legions of Super-Heroes, but Bart and his family were subsequently stranded on an alternate Earth.

Bart was born with his grandfather's speed. He had an incredibly high metabolism and also aged at hyperspeed. When he was chronologically two years old, physically, he appeared twelve years old. President Thawne had the Dominators kill Don and his twin sister, Dawn Allen. The Dominators then abducted Bart, who was later captured by Earthgov for observation. The scientists of Earthgov raised him in a virtual reality environment so that he aged as swiftly mentally as he did physically. Bart was going to die of old age very quickly, with Earthgov not doing anything to fix his problem. His grandmother Iris West took him away and brought him back to the twentieth century, so that her nephew, Wally West, the third Flash, could show him how to control his speed.

The Story so Far: Bart adopted the superheroic identity of Impulse while training with Wally. After Wally helped him solve his problem and Bart helped him to defeat Kobra, Bart moved to Manchester, Alabama with Max Mercury. Wally had used his connections (Batman) to supply Bart with a birth certificate, etc. Bart began the ninth grade at Manchester Junior High. He managed to make quite a few friends, chief among them Carol Bucklen. Max continued to train him in the art of super-speed, having him run obstacle courses while dodging axes and knives, solve jigsaw puzzles in mid-air, etc. During this time, he became one of the founding members of Young Justice.

Following Max's disappearance, he was taken in by Jay Garrick, the first Flash, and his wife Joan Garrick. Following the breakup of Young Justice, Bart joined the new Teen Titans. He soon had his kneecap blown out by Deathstroke (who was at the time possessed by Jericho) and replaced with an artificial one. While recovering, Bart read every single book in the San Francisco Public Library and reinvented himself as the new Kid Flash. Even with the artificial kneecap, he could still run close to light speed.

At the behest of Tim Drake, Bart travels to Gotham City and saves Selina Kyle from members of the League of Assassins while she is sleeping in her apartment. After knocking out the would-be killers, Bart remarks to Tim over the radio that Selina is "super-fine", and that this may be the best day of his life.

Characterization: Bart is the epitome of the reckless youth, but has become more focused (not a lot, though) and remains a popular and very effective hero.

Friends and Foes: He, Tim Drake, Superboy and Wonder Girl are the best of friends. He also has become good friends with several of his current and former Titans teammates. He has a great rival in his villainous clone, Inertia.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:00 pm

We've got another SUPER new item for Aisle 1!

I did not ask to be created. But I will decide the time and circumstance of my termination. - Superboy

SUPERBOY (KON-EL)
PL: 12 (199 pts) - OPL: 12 ; DPL: 12

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 10, STAMINA 8, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 9, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Athletics 3 (+13), Deception (+0), Insight (+2), Intimidation 8 (+8), Perception 3 (+5), Persuasion (+0), Ranged Combat [Telekinesis] 5 (+10), Stealth (+2), Technology 5 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Beginner's Luck, Diehard, Eidetic Memory, Great Endurance, Power Attack, Ranged Attack (3)

POWERS:
Kryptonian Hybrid Physique: Enhanced Advantages 2 (Diehard, Great Endurance), Immunity 3 (Aging, Disease [Flaw: Limited to half effect], Poisons [Flaw: Limited to half effect]), Regeneration 3 (1/every 3 rounds; Extra: Persistent, Flaw: Limited [Requires exposure to yellow sunlight]); 7 pts
Telekinetic Force Field: Protection 7 (Flaw: Sustained), Impervious 6 (Flaw: Sustained), Immunity 7 (Suffocation, All Environmental Conditions); 26 pts
Telekinetic Flight: Flight 11 (4,000 mph/8 mpr); 22 pts
Telekinetic Powers: 36 pt Array; 41 pts
Telekinetic Burst: Burst Area Force Energy Damage 12 (Extra: Burst Area x2 [60 ft radius]; 36 pts
Telekinetic Blast: Ranged Force Energy Damage 14; 1 pt
Telekinetic Punch: Bludgeoning Strength-based Damage 5 (Extra: Penetrating 10); 1 pt
Tactile Telekinesis: Move Object 15 (Flaw: Range [Close]); 1 pt
Simulated Heat Vision: Ranged Heat Damage 12 (Extra: Accurate); 1 pt
Telekinetic Senses: Senses 14 (Normal Hearing [Acute, Extended, Penetrates Concealment], Normal Vision [Extended, Penetrates Concealment], Touch [Extended, Ranged, Acute, Analytical], Infravision, Ultra-Hearing]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +9 [Unarmed +10; Telekinetic Punch +15; Tactile Telekinesis +15]
Ranged Attack +5
Simulated Heat Vision +7 [Heat Vision +12]
Telekinesis +10 [Telekinetic Blast +14]
Special Attack [Telekinetic Burst +12, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +9 [DC19] Parry +9 [DC19]
Toughness +8 (+15 with Force Field, +6 Impervious with Force Field), Fortitude +11, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Harvest and NOWHERE.
I don't get it…: Kon-El was raised in captivity so he struggles at times with life in the real world and the little idiosyncrasies of life that a lot of people take for granted. Like humor…
Legacy: Now that he has spent time with Superman and fought alongside him, he has made a decision to try and live up to the legacy that the Man of Steel has set.
Power Loss: Superboy loses his powers and his Str and Sta are reduced to 2 under a red sun, like that of Krypton, and other effects draining or interfering with the energies of the yellow sun can deprive him of his powers.
Relationships: Superboy is close to his Teen Titans teammates, Red Robin (Tim Drake-Wayne) and Kid Flash (Bart Allen). He has a mutual attraction to Wonder Girl (Cassandra Sandsmark). He has started to forge relationships with Superman, Supergirl and Power Girl and he has taken over care of Krypto.
Secret Identity: Tim and Superman have helped him create a secret identity of Conner Kent.
Vulnerable: Kryptonite...Its radiation saps the Strength and powers of Kryptonians, leaving them impaired, disabled, and eventually debilitated in terms of Strength and power effects. Long-term exposure (usually a matter of minutes, less for a large enough amount) imposes the dying condition and may lead to death.
Weakness: His body does not process solar energy as well as a full Kryptonian and repeated use of Extra Effort can leave him disabled and eventually dying as his body begins to feed on itself for energy.

Abilities 70 + Skills 12 (24 ranks) + Advantages 7 + Powers 93 + Defenses 17 = 199 / 199

Build Comments: One of the pleasant surprises in the New 52 to me personally was Superboy. Some of the issues are not that great, but of all the origin updates, I tended to see his as one of the better ones. Granted, the whole NOWHERE/Harvest arc involving all the teen teams in the DCNU kinda sucked, but getting a non-90s Superboy out of it was worth it. His struggle to become more than a living weapon and his interactions with the rest of the Superman family were pretty good stuff.

Plus, I like his divergence off the common Kryptonian powers, using more of the telekinetic aspect. I always thought they needed to delve more into the psionic aspect of the Kryptonian abilities. I know we should never talk real world physics with comic stuff, but girls that look like Kara shouldn’t be lifting mountains. You can see The Hulk and Thing doing high strength stuff, but there should be some psionic tie to that for normal sized people. I know how someone looks isn’t always an indication of their strength, but if you look at real weightlifters, it’s pretty obvious that there is a line. Some smaller people can lift a lot, but none of them are going to break the heavyweight lifting records just because of pure muscle mass.

But I digress. I like the New 52 Kon-El Superboy so I’m going with a version that leans more towards him for the Superior Thorpacoverse. And of course, since I liked him, they killed him off to make that Jon Lane Kent dude the new Superboy, at least for a while. I don’t get it. I guess the Kon-El stuff wasn’t selling enough. But in reading an interview with Marv Wolfman, who took over the book, I think they are writing Jon as a villain so I’m sure Kon-El will be back eventually. I’m not passing judgment on the Jon Lane Kent version yet since it does seem like an interesting diversion, ala Superior Spider-Man, but I wish they had handled the new Kon-El better because I thought he had great potential.

Secret Origins: Superboy is a clone of Superman created by N.O.W.H.E.R.E., an organization which threatens the lives of teen heroes and has a wide array of unforeseen plans. He was awakened by his caretaker and pseudo-mother Caitlin Fairchild.

The Story so Far: He was continually tested by N.O.W.H.E.R.E. under orders by Zaniel Templar and supervised by Rose Wilson, Doctor Umber and Doctor White. His first field mission was to infiltrate an alien prison designated as Pen 51, where he lost control of his telekinetic powers and was first separated from N.O.W.H.E.R.E. Upon reaching the surface he was attacked by another alien from Pen 51 who revealed that Superboy is both Kryptonian and human. After defeating Caitlin Fairchild, Superboy met with Centerhall who told him he's free to come and go as he pleased, but asked that Superboy considered returning to help N.O.W.H.E.R.E. put a stop to dangerous metahumans.

After seven days of freedom, Superboy felt his first compulsion towards heroics when he stopped a metahuman couple who had killed a restaurant full of people. As he met Centerhall again, he agreed to rejoin N.O.W.H.E.R.E.

After freeing Caitlin Fairchild while in disguise, Superboy prepared for battle against the Teen Titans. After taking Wonder Girl and the other Teen Titans down Superboy realized that he was in fact created as a weapon and was being wielded by N.O.W.H.E.R.E. In an encounter with Supergirl, he learned of his Kryptonian heritage, though when she learned he was a clone, she considered him Kon-El, "an abomination in the House of El."

Superboy returned once again to N.O.W.H.E.R.E. and defeated Centerhall. He discovered he was the second clone created, but was defeated in combat by Rose Wilson before he could find out more. He was rescued by the Teen Titans and he since joined the team, met Superman who has begun training him and trying to forge a relationship him. He has taken the name Conner Kent and is learning how to live in the outside world.

Characterization: Kon-El has a great desire to use his powers for the right reasons but due to his secluded upbringing in NOWHERE, he lacks social skills and knowledge about the “real” world.

Friends and Foes: He is becoming fast friends with Red Robin and Kid Flash and seems to have an attraction to Wonder Girl. He has been forging relationships with Superman, Supergirl and Power Girl and has taken over as Krypto’s primary master. The two of them bonded very quickly.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:23 pm

In honor of St. Patrick's Day, we're back to the GREEN LIGHT SPECIALS now that our shipment from Oa finally came in!

Living in a B'ox

GREEN LANTERN (B'OX)
PL: 12 (183 pts) - OPL: 12 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 0, STAMINA 0, AGILITY -4, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 0, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Deception (+0), Expertise [Green Lantern Lore] 6 (+8), Insight (+2), Intimidation (+0), Perception 8 (+10), Persuasion (+0), Ranged Combat [Power Ring] 10 (+10), Stealth (-4)

ADVANTAGES: Fearless, Improved Initiative (1), Teamwork

POWERS:
Box Physiology: Senses 3 (Tactile [Acute, Ranged, Extended), Immunity 31 (Aging, Fortitude Effects); 34 pts
Green Lantern Power Ring: 153 pts traits, Removable (-31 pts); 122 pts
Attention Green Lantern...: Features 2 (A.I. and Green Lantern Corps Database); 2 pts
Communication: Senses 1 (Communication Link to Central Power Battery); 1 pt
Quick Change: Features 1 (Quick Change); 1 pt
Universal Translator: Comprehend 4 (Speak, Read, Understand, Understood in All Languages); 8 pts
Scanning Beam: Variable 1 (5 pts traits, Extra: Action [Move], Flaw: Limited to Senses); 7 pts
Green Lantern's Light: Environment 2 (60 ft; Light [reduce partial concealment to none, total concealment to partial]); 2 pts
Ring Flight: Flight 14 (32,000 mph/60 mpr), Movement 4 (Environment Adaptation [Zero G], Space Travel 3 [Any star system]), Feature 1 (Use Will [DC20 check] to increase Flight speed instead of Athletics); 37 pts
Force Field: Protection 12 (Flaw: Sustained), Impervious 6 (Flaw: Sustained), Immunity 10 (Life Support); 34 pts
Moving B'ox: Enhanced Dodge 12 (Flaw: Sustained), Enhanced Parry 8 (Flaw: Sustained); 20 pts
Force Manipulation: 31 pt Dynamic Array; 41 pts
Force Bubble: Ranged Burst Area Immunity 10 (Life Support, Extra: Affects Others, Burst Area [30 ft radius], Dynamic, Flaw: Affects others only); 31 pts
Force Blast: Ranged Force Energy Damage 14 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Force Constructs: Create 14 (Hard Light Constructs; Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Movable Constructs: Create 9 (Hard Light Constructs; Extra: Dynamic, Movable); 2 pts
Force Lifting: Move Object 14 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Mass Communication: Communication 5 (Subspace audiovisual projection; Any Distance, Extra: Dynamic, Selective); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +0
Close Attack +0
Ranged Attack +0
Power Ring +10 [Force Blast +14; Force Lifting +14; Force Objects +14]

DEFENSES:
Dodge -4 (+8 with Moving B’ox) [DC6/18] Parry +0 (+8 with Moving B’ox) [DC10/18]; Toughness +0 (+12 with Force Field, +6 Impervious), Fortitude Immune, Will +14

COMPLICATIONS:
Disability: B'ox has no arms and legs. Without his ring, he is immobile and mute.
Power Loss: The power ring needs periodic recharging and issues a warning as its power runs low.
Responsibility: To protect his space sector.
Weakness: Green Lantern power rings depend on the willpower of the wearer; the maximum rank of the ring’s effects is equal to the wearer’s Will rank, and moments of self-doubt or hesitation can cause the ring to fail.

Abilities 0 + Skills 12 (24 ranks) + Advantages 3 + Powers 156 + Defenses 12 = 183 / 183

Build Comments:
As requested by Crinos, here is my take on B’ox, one of the more unique members of the GL Corps. There wasn’t a lot of info available about him so I had to wing a lot of it, but I like how he came out. Without his ring, he’s basically an immobile box. But with the ring, and little Moving B’ox pun-power I gave him, he’s a shuckin’ and jivin’, flying, blasting machine.

The Story so Far: A unique entity among the Green Lantern Corps, B'ox is a sentient being resembling a large, black, rectangular shaped cube. B'ox was first seen fighting the Spider Guild invasion of Oa, and later served under Kilowog during the SInestro Corps War. Most recently, B'ox was part of the quick reaction force mobilized in response to the massive breakout of the Sciencells on Oa.

Friends and Foes: He is loyal to the Corps has acquired many of their enemies.
Shop J-Mart!

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: J-Mart: Molecule Man, Kid Flash, Kon-El, B'ox

Post by Crinos » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:31 pm

Now see, I know its a while off, but I would have waited for Boxing day for this one! :lol:

(I'm leavin ya Bubsy!)

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:12 pm

Our St. Patty's Day GREEN LIGHT SPECIALS continue with this new item!

Why, oh why, did the picture of Morro I like the most also remind me of the demise of B'zzd?!?!? Why?!?!

GREEN LANTERN (MORRO)
PL: 12 (216 pts) - OPL: 12 ; DPL: 12

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 9, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Athletics 4 (+7), Close Combat [Hammer] 2 (+11), Deception (+2), Expertise [Morticican] 10 (+12), Expertise [Survival] 8 (+10), Insight 5 (+9), Intimidation (+2), Perception 3 (+7), Persuasion (+2), Ranged Combat [Power Ring] 8 (+11), Stealth (+2)

ADVANTAGES: Animal Empathy, Equipment (1), Favored Environment (Crypt), Teamwork

POWERS:
Green Lantern Power Ring: 133 pts traits, Removable (-27 pts); 106 pts
Attention Green Lantern...: Features 2 (A.I. and Green Lantern Corps Database); 2 pts
Universal Translator: Comprehend 4 (Speak, Read, Understand, Understood in All Languages); 8 pts
Scanning Beam: Variable 1 (5 pts traits, Extra: Action [Move], Flaw: Limited to Senses); 7 pts
Green Lantern's Light: Environment 2 (60 ft; Light [reduce partial concealment to none, total concealment to partial]); 2 pts
Ring Flight: Flight 14 (32,000 mph/60 mpr), Movement 4 (Environment Adaptation [Zero G], Space Travel 3 [Any star system]), Feature 1 (Use Will [DC20 check] to increase Flight speed instead of Athletics); 37 pts
Force Field: Protection 8 (Flaw: Sustained), Impervious 6 (Flaw: Sustained), Immunity 10 (Life Support); 30 pts
Force Manipulation: 31 pt Dynamic Array; 45 pts
Force Bubble: Ranged Burst Area Immunity 10 (Life Support, Extra: Affects Others, Burst Area [30 ft radius], Dynamic, Flaw: Affects others only); 31 pts
Force Blast: Ranged Force Energy Damage 13 (Extra: Dynamic); 35 pts
Force Constructs: Create 13 (Hard Light Constructs; Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Movable Constructs: Create 10 (Hard Light Constructs; Extra: Dynamic, Movable); 2 pts
Force Lifting: Move Object 13 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Enhanced War Mallet: Bludgeoning Strength-based Damage 10 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Mass Communication: Communication 5 (Subspace audiovisual projection; Any Distance, Extra: Dynamic, Selective); 2 pts
Force Minions: Summon 4 (60 pt minions; Extra: Dynamic, Multiple Minions 2 [4 minions], Variable Type 2 [Broad, Hard Light Constructs]); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(5 pts)
War Mallet: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 3, Reach (5 ft); 4 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +9 [Unarmed +3]
Hammer +11 [War Mallet +6; Enhanced War Mallet +13]
Ranged Attack +3
Power Ring +11 [Force Blast +13; Force Lifting +13; Force Objects +13]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +4 (+12 with Force Field, +6 Impervious with Force Field), Fortitude +10, Will +13

COMPLICATIONS:
Power Loss: The power ring needs periodic recharging and issues a warning as its power runs low.
Relationships: With his Dratures that he has sworn to raise and protect.
Responsibility: To protect the Green Lantern crypts and honor the fallen.
Weakness: Green Lantern power rings depend on the willpower of the wearer; the maximum rank of the ring’s effects is equal to the wearer’s Will rank, and moments of self-doubt or hesitation can cause the ring to fail.

Abilities 58 + Skills 20 (40 ranks) + Advantages 4 + Powers 106 + Defenses 28 = 216 / 216

Build Comments:
The Crypt keeper of the GL Corps, Morro. He doesn’t get a lot of run, but since he has been busier than ever lately with all the major events in the GL Corps, I figure he deserved some props.

Secret Origins: Morro was born on the desert planet of Sarc. He was part of a nomadic tribe called The Relentless, named on account of them being able to march without food or water for weeks. But when one of them fell from hunger, heat exhaustion, or thirst, they wouldn't even try to help him...they'd just strip him of his belongings as they walked by and then kept moving. They would move in the daytime. At night, they stayed locked in their tents, because that's when the beasts would come out to hunt. One night, while camping under a plateu, Morro woke-up and found his brother, Marrg, gone and the tent flap hanging open. Morro decided to check on him. When he made it outside, he found an adult Drature flying off with his brother in its teeth. He followed it to its nest, knowing that the three suns the planet orbited would be rising soon.

When he reached the top, one of the suns had already risen. The Drature was sleeping with his brother's blood all over its mouth. He was about to strike it down when the Drature woke-up and attacked him. He kept dodging it until he found the right opening, and he struck it down with his staff. He kept up the attacke until, finally, the Drature was dead. But, just then, he found four now orphaned baby Dratures lying down, still asleep. Next to them lay what the mother Drature really took, fruit whose juices looked like blood. Morro climbed down from the nest only to find his tribe gone. He decided to follow their footsteps, but he didn't get far when he found his brother collapsed on the ground. His brother had been looking for him and the heat overcame him. His brother wasn't dead though. They were able to sleep through the night without a tent because the four orphaned Dratures watched over them, making sure nothing harmed them.

For years he, his brother, and the dratures lived as a family. The dratures even took the two to an unlimited amount of water that resided in a cavern. More years passed before Morro's brother, Marrg, died in his sleep. A few months later, Morro recieved his Green Lantern power ring. And, since then, along with his four pet dratures, protected sector 666 and has been the crypt keeper for the Green Lanterns Corps on Oa, a job for for which he volunteered.

Characterization: Despite his harsh life, Morro is one of the most compassionate members of the Corps, treating the fallen Green Lanterns, and their friends and family, with the utmost honor and dignity.

Friends and Foes: He is one of the most respected members of the Corps and is has formed a friendship with GL Saarek, who often comes to commune the fallen members of the Corps. He is also sworn to continue to raise his Dratures.

DRATURES
PL: 7 (82 pts) - OPL: 7 ; DPL: 7

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT -4, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE -2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 3 (+6), Athletics (+2), Deception (-2), Insight (+1), Intimidation 8 (+6), Perception 3 (+4), Persuasion (-2), Stealth (+3)

ADVANTAGES: Close Attack (2), Move-by Action

POWERS:
Drature Senses: Senses 8 (Normal Vision [Extended], Normal Hearing [Extended], Infravision, Ultrahearing [Extended], Scent [Acute, Ranged, Extended, Tracking]); 8 pts
Drature Traits: Immunity 11 (Fire Effects, Starvation/Thirst [Flaw: Limited]); 11 pts
Drature Scales: Protection 3; 3 pts
Drature Wings: Flight 3 (16 mph/250 fpr; Flaw: Wings); 3 pts
Bite/Claws: Piercing/Slashing Strength-based Damage 1 (Extra: Variable Descriptor [Piercing/Slashing]); 2 pts
Fire Breath: Cone Area Damage 6 (Extra: Area Cone [60 ft]); 12 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +8 [Unarmed +2; Claws/Bite +3; Special Close Attack +0]
Ranged Attack +0
Special Attack [Fire Breath +6, Cone Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 [DC18] Parry +8 [DC18]
Toughness +6 (+3 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +3

COMPLICATIONS:
Disability: Dratures cannot speak nor use their claws to easily manipulate objects.
Relationships: The Dratures are loyal to Morro, who became their surrogate mother after he killed her.

Abilities 18 + Skills 7 (14 ranks) + Advantages 3 + Powers 41 + Defenses 13 = 82 / 82

Build Comments: The dragon things that accompany Morro at all times. I almost gave them Shrinking 4, but artist interpretations vary so I left them medium sized.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:21 pm

Faith and begorah, we've got one more GREEN LIGHT SPECIAL tonight in honor of St. Patty's Day!

This feels more like an abduction than an induction...

GREEN LANTERN (FESKA)
PL: 10 (176 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 1, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 5, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Athletics 2 (+3), Deception (+1), Expertise [Green Lantern Lore] 2 (+3), Insight 7 (+10), Intimidation (+1), Perception 2 (+5), Persuasion (+1), Ranged Combat [Power Ring] 5 (+7), Stealth (+2)

ADVANTAGES: Teamwork

POWERS:
Green Lantern Power Ring: 138 pts traits, Removable (-28 pts); 110 pts
Force Field: Protection 11 (Flaw: Sustained), Impervious 6 (Flaw: Sustained), Immunity 10 (Life Support); 33 pts
Force Manipulation: 31 pt Dynamic Array; 41 pts
Force Bubble: Ranged Burst Area Immunity 8 (All Environmental Conditions, Suffocation, Airborne Toxins, Extra: Dynamic, Burst Area [30 ft radius], Linked [Create], Flaw: Affects others only), Create 12 (Force Spheres; Extra: Linked [Immunity], Flaw: Limited to simple spherical objects); 37 pts
Force Blast: Ranged Force Energy Damage 13 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Force Constructs: Create 13 (Hard Light Constructs; Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Movable Constructs: Create 11 (Hard Light Constructs; Extra: Dynamic, Movable); 2 pts
Force Lifting: Move Object 13 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +5 [Unarmed +1]
Ranged Attack +2
Power Ring +7 [Force Blast +13; Force Lifting +13; Force Objects +13]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 [DC18] Parry +7 [DC17]
Toughness +1 (+12 with Force Field, +6 Impervious), Fortitude +7, Will +13

COMPLICATIONS:
Relationships: With her son, who she misses dearly.
Responsibility: To protect her space sector.

Abilities 32 + Skills 9 (18 ranks) + Advantages 1 + Powers 110 + Defenses 24 = 176 / 176

Build Comments:[/color] Feska is one of the new recruits in the latest GL Corps book as well. I like her character as she is a single mom from her planet that was basically yanked away from her son by the ring and longs to return to him. But despite that, she's been one of the most impressive recruits, showing her willpower that she developed as a struggling single mom.

Secret Origins: Feska lived with her son in The Slums of Zarox, in space sector 2525. One night after reading her son a fairy tale about a brave prince and a princess, she was selected by a Green Lantern Ring to join the Green Lantern Corps. She tried to fight the ring but to no avail and she is carried off to Oa for training, leaving her son alone to fend for himself.

The Story so Far: Feska has joined the Corps, even though she longs to return to her son and has been one of the top recruits, despite her reluctance.

Characterization: Feska is the team mom of the recruits and looks out for her teammates as she does her son.

Friends and Foes: Feska has inherited all the enemies of the Green Lantern Corps. She has formed relationships with her classmates, especially Jurl who seems to like her as more than friends.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

1134, 1135, 1136

Post by Thorpacolypse » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:19 pm

Check this 3 FOR 1 SPECIAL on Aisle 2!

Ah, the Badoon. When you need a jobber on a far off planet, they're your mooks.

BADOON (STANDARD)
PL: 5 (53 pts) - OPL: 5 ; DPL: 5

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 4, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Athletics 2 (+4), Deception (+0), Expertise [Soldier] 4 (+5), Insight (+1), Intimidation 3 (+3), Perception 1 (+2), Persuasion (+0), Stealth (+3), Technology 2 (+3), Vehicles 2 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Equipment (4), Ranged Attack (1)

POWERS:
Badoon Physiology: Senses 1 (Low-light Vision); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(20 pts)
Body Armor: Protection 2; 2 pts
Arsenal: (16 pts)
Autoblaster Pistol: Multiattack Energy Ranged Damage 5; 15 pts
Knife: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Dangerous; 1 pt

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +4 [Unarmed +2; Knife +3, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +4 [Autoblasters +5, Multiattack]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +6 [DC16] Parry +5 [DC15]
Toughness +4 (+2 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +4, Will +3

COMPLICATIONS:
Reputation: The Badoon are well-known for their desire for conflict and conquest and are not liked or trusted by any other races that have encountered them.
Responsibility: To the Badoon empire.
X+Y=Never: The Badoon are split between the war-like males and the pacifist females and only meet to mate.

Abilities 32 + Skills 7 (14 ranks) + Advantages 5 + Powers 1 + Defenses 8 = 53 / 53

Build Comments: The Badoon have been a staple of the Cosmic Marvel scene for a long time, basically as fodder for their cosmic heroes to beat down. Or for other cosmic races to have a universe-wide cosmic race to reference for an insult.

I think they were Thanos’ foot soldiers in Infinity, but I never read anything that specifically stated that was them, but I couldn’t figure out who else it could be. But then again, half of Infinity, I didn’t know what the hell was going on, so I’m sure I just missed it.

Secret Origins: The Badoon are older than the Kree and the Skrulls. There was a natural hatred between the two genders, and they fought each other in long gender wars. Eventually, the males won, placing the females in captivity. In time, the males developed technology and abandoned Lotiara, returning only when their mating drive made it necessary. The males became conquerors of worlds, while the females became pacifists, content to remain in peace on their homeworld and ignorant of the males' star-spanning empire.

The Story so Far: Among the Brotherhood's conquest attempts are the Zen Whoberi, and the extra-dimensional world of Polemachus. They have been known to form alliances with the Brood (against the Shi'ar and Earth's superhumans), the Kree (against the Skrulls), and Byrrah of Atlantis. They were also responsible for killing a woman who would have become the universe's greatest peacemaker.

Badoon invasion attempts of Earth have been overcome by the Silver Surfer, Namor, and the New Warriors. They were also opposed by the combined forces of the X-Men, the Fantastic Four and Arkon in order to liberate Arkon's homeworld and prevent an invasion of the Shi'ar empire.

At the time of the Annihilation Wave the Badoon Empire controlled 37.7% of the Milky Way Galaxy. Despite this, the Badoon are generally considered a minor species. The time traveller Major Victory warned the Guardians of the Galaxy that they need to take the Badoon seriously, as soon they'll become the greatest military threat in the galaxy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Watch, children as Ms. Gamora demonstrates the Agile Feint Advantage.

BADOON (ENHANCED)
PL: 8 (80 pts) - OPL: 8 ; DPL: 8

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 9, STAMINA 10, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 4, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Athletics (+9), Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+7), Deception (+0), Expertise [Soldier] 5 (+5), Insight (+1), Intimidation 8 (+8), Perception 1 (+2), Persuasion (+0), Stealth (+2/+1), Technology 2 (+2), Vehicles 3 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Equipment (4), Improved Grab, Ranged Attack (2)

POWERS:
Massive Size: Growth 2 (+2 Str, +2 Sta, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth, +1 Intimidation, Speed +0, +2 Mass; Extra: Innate, Permanent); 5 pts
Badoon Physiology: Senses 1 (Low-light Vision); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(20 pts)
b]Body Armor:[/b] Protection 2; 2 pts
Autoblaster Pistol: Multiattack Energy Ranged Damage 5; 15 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +4
Unarmed +7 [Unarmed +9]
Ranged Attack +4 [Autoblasters +5, Multiattack]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +4 [DC14] Parry +4 [DC14]
Toughness +12, Fortitude +12, Will +3

COMPLICATIONS:
Reputation: The Badoon are well-known for their desire for conflict and conquest and are not liked or trusted by any other races that have encountered them.
X+Y=Never: The Badoon are split between the war-like males and the pacifist females and only meet to mate.

Abilities 48 + Skills 11 (22 ranks) + Advantages 7 + Powers 6 + Defenses 8 = 80 / 80

Build Comments: I’ve been reading more comics online, even though I swore I wouldn’t. One of the reasons is the abundance of free offerings from the major publishers, to get you to try it. One of the free ones I read were the Marvel Infinte comic for Gamora that they put up just before the new Marvel NOW relaunch of the GOG book.

In it, Gamora does some major league goon sweeping of the Badoon and for the climax, she has a prolonged fight with a big-ass Badoon that she actually had a hard time putting down. Not having ever soon a Badoon like that, I figure he was either an Andre the Giant-like anomaly or the Badoon are breeding some brutes. I decided for the Thorpacoverse, they are breeding brutes. I might tweak this one a bit since it based on that one appearance, but they’re basically just higher level mooks that can make characters like the GOG work a bit before ultimately winning.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He looks like I feel in the mornings these days...

MONSTER OF BADOON
PL: 12 (137 pts) - OPL: 12 ; DPL: 12

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 16, STAMINA 13, AGILITY 1, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT -2, AWARENESS 0, PRESENCE -2

SKILLS: Athletics 3 (+19), Deception (-2), Insight (+0), Intimidation 10 (+8/+10), Perception 3 (+3), Persuasion (-2), Ranged Combat [Blast] 8 (+8), Stealth (+1/-3)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Power Attack

POWERS:
Monster Size: Growth 4 (+4 Str, +4 Sta, -2 Dodge/Parry, -4 Stealth, +2 Intimidation, Speed +0, +4 Mass, Reach [5 ft]; Extra: Innate, Permanent); 9 pts
Cyborg Physique: Protection 4, Impervious 6, Senses 1 (Low-light Vision), Immunity 5 (All Environmental Conditions); 22 pts
Wrist Blasters: Ranged Energy Damage 12; 24 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +1
Close Attack +8 [Unarmed +16]
Ranged Attack +0
Blast +8 [Wrist Blasters +12]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +5 [DC15] Parry +7 [DC17]
Toughness +17 (+7 Impervious), Fortitude +15, Will +4

COMPLICATIONS:

Abilities 52 + Skills 12 (24 ranks) + Advantages 5 + Powers 55 + Defenses 13 = 137 / 137

Build Comments: The Monster of Badoon is a nice, big, ugly powerhouse that the Badoon have broken out against some super teams in the past and he recently got a new look in the previous Guardians of the Galaxy series.

Secret Origins: The monster of Badoon is a monster robot of the Brotherhood of the Badoon. They refer to him as the Weapon of Weapons. He is usually used after all other weapons fail to destroy their target. He has immense strength and durability and has fought the Silver Surfer, the Thing and Colossus.

Recently, the Badoon have created several of the Monsters, as well as other enhanced soldiers, in preparation for an as yet unrevealed campaign.
Shop J-Mart!

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: J-Mart: B'ox, Morro, Feska, Badoon, Monster of Badoon

Post by Horsenhero » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:18 pm

I wish you had a picture of Gamora fighting that enhanced Badoon, instead of that chick wearing way too many clothes to ever be mistaken for "the galaxy's deadliest woman". :wink:

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:48 pm

Horsenhero wrote:I wish you had a picture of Gamora fighting that enhanced Badoon, instead of that chick wearing way too many clothes to ever be mistaken for "the galaxy's deadliest woman". :wink:
Hey, they have to market for the new movie and you can't have the Most Dangerous Sideboob in the Galaxy traipsing around anymore. Disney will need to move some plush Rockets and Groots and parents won't buy them for the kiddos if they have a half-dressed trollop hanging around them. :wink:

I will never understand Marvel sometimes. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Wolverine can gut people left and right, The Punisher can gun down thugs by the dozen but they better never light a stogie because what kind of message would that send to the children?
Shop J-Mart!

kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by kenmadragon » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:15 pm

Eh. I think they're trying to say, "Hey, these guys are totally hard core and bad-ass, doing violent things left and right. But even these tough guys don't want to touch a cig, those little things are just that scary!"