J-Mart: Preparing for Relocation... :)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
The Ilethryl Knight
Superhero
Superhero

Re: The JM: Bullseye, Kingpin, Grendel, Tiger Shark

Post by The Ilethryl Knight » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:15 pm

The Expendables - of all those guys, I think Jason Statham stood out (in my mind, at least) as the best 'current' action star of the bunch. He's still in his prime physically, he's agile, highly skilled, and tough as nails. Heck, he can even act!

Good action flick. My one big dissapointment - where was the Rock? Dwayne Johnson should have been in this movie!!!

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Libra » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:49 am

I suspect that Mr Johnson has rather given up on the Action Hero genre - the poor man seems bent on appearing in as many fluffy kiddy comedies as humanly possible.
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Rule Brittania! Praise the Hoff and the Grin!

Warning!: May cause Thread Drift.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:23 am

Libra wrote:I suspect that Mr Johnson has rather given up on the Action Hero genre - the poor man seems bent on appearing in as many fluffy kiddy comedies as humanly possible.
Nah, they showed a preview for a new action flick that he's in before The Expendables here, as a matter of fact. I'm sure he's just trying to pad the bank account while he can. As a parent, there are so few movies that you can take your kids to that even the crappy ones make bank just because we have to do something to get those kids out of the house! :D
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:39 am

And now, thanks to the urging of the Complimenter in Chief and others, The JM starts it's first run of one our favorite specials, the ACTION! series! And we start out with one of the stars of the best bad movie I've seen in a good while!

That's how we deal with death. We keep it lite until we have to get dark. Then we go pitch black. - Barney Ross

BARNEY ROSS
PL: 10 (154 pts) - OPL: 8 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Athletics 4 (+7), Deception 3 (+6), Expertise [Mercenary] 8 (+10), Expertise [Tactics] 10 (+12), Insight 4 (+7), Intimidation 3 (+6), Perception 5 (+8), Persuasion 3 (+6), Ranged Combat [Pistols] 2 (+12), Sleight of Hand 1 (+5), Stealth 7 (+9), Vehicles 8 (+12)

ADVANTAGES: Close Attack (2), Combat Leader*, Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (22), Evasion (2), Improved Aim, Improved Critical (3) (Firearms 2, Unarmed), Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative (2), Inspire (1), Languages (1) (Spanish, Russian, Base: English), Luck (Recover) (1), Precise Attack (1) (Ranged, Cover), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (6), Set-Up (1), Takedown (2), Teamwork

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(110ep)
Bulletproof Vest: Protection 3 (Flaw: Limited to Ballistic Damage), Subtle; 3ep
Binoculars: +5 Perception [Visual at Distance], Tiny; 1ep
Walkie-Talkie: Feature 1 (Radio Communication), Miniscule; 1ep
Cell Phone, Standard: Feature 1 (Cellular Communication), Diminutive; 1ep
Mini-Camera: Feature 1 (Photography), Tiny; 1ep
Big Ass Knife: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 2, Critical 19-20, Small; 3ep
Light Machine Pistol: Ballistic Ranged Damage 3, Extra: Multiattack; 75 ft range, Small; 9ep
Twin Light Pistol: Ballistic Ranged Damage 3 (Extra: Split); 75ft range, Small; 7ep
4ep as needed for situation
Arsenal: (16ep)
Assault Rifle: Ballistic Ranged Damage 5, Extra: Multi-Attack; 125 ft range, Large; 15ep
Fragmentation Grenades: Ballistic Damage 5, Extra: Ranged Area Burst, Range 25 ft; 1ep
Vehicle: (64ep)
Grumman HU-16 Albatross:[\b] Size - C, Strength - 10, Speed - 8, Def - 5, Tough - 11, Air-to-Air Missiles [Ballistic Ranged Damage 11, Extra: Area Burst 8, Homing 6], Machine Guns [Ballistic Ranged Damage 6, Extra: Multiattack], Features 2 (Hidden Compartments, Water Landing/Takeoff); 63ep
Motorcycle: Size - M, Strength - 1, Speed - 6, Def - 10, Tough - 8; 1ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +10
Close Attack +10 [Unarmed +3, Critical 19-20; Knife +5, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +10 [Assault Rifle +5, Critical 18-20, Multiattack; Frag Grenades +5, Area Burst]
Pistols +12 [Light Machine Pistol +3, Critical 18-20, Multiattack]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +9 [DC19]
Toughness +5 (+8 against Ballistics), Fortitude +7, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:
Relationships: His Expendables buddies, especially Lee Christmas and Tool, Responsibility: Completing the job

Abilities 56 + Skills 29 (58 ranks) + Advantages 52 + Powers 0 + Defenses 17 = 154 / 154

Comments: I gotta give props where they are due, the old man came through in the movie. Stallone’s face may look his age (or least you can tell where the plastic surgeon took that age away) but he was incredibly buff for a 64 year old and even though the movie was technically weak, theatrically it was awesome. It was a good old-fashioned action flick, just like they intended and just like I remember from a simpler time called the 80's, where you don't have to think too hard, political correctness wasn't an issue and no one was trying to prove any points about being a serious actor or anything like that. It looked like they were all having a ball and when you get that from the actors, the same affect usually comes through to the audience.

Stallone's character was Barney Ross, the leader of the team. He really excelled in gunplay and goon sweeping but wasn't near the fighter that some of the others were, as shown when Austin's character kicked his ass. But he was the center of the flick and like I said, he did well at that. He is way over-pointed, mainly because 1) He's Stallone, and 2) I had him pay for the plane, and those are expensive equipment.

Clean Up 8/25/12: Saw the sequel, had to make some updates.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:59 am, edited 7 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:56 am

Our ACTION! run continues with another member of The Expendables, who are getting their own new aisle, Aisle 28!

I now pronounce you man...and knife...

LEE CHRISTMAS
PL: 10 (141 pts) - OPL: 7 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 11, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 5 (+9), Athletics 6 (+8), Deception 5 (+6), Expertise [Mercenary] 8 (+9), Expertise [Tactics] 8 (+9), Insight 4 (+7), Intimidation 4 (+6), Perception 5 (+8), Persuasion (+1), Ranged Combat [Throwing] 2 (+11), Sleight of Hand 4 (+9), Stealth 7 (+11), Vehicles 5 (+9)

ADVANTAGES: Defensive Attack, Equipment (9), Evasion (2), Follow-Up Strike *, Improved Critical (3) (Knives, Unarmed 2), Improved Initiative (1), Languages (1) (Spanish, 1 other, Base: English), Leadership, Move-by Action, Precise Attack (2) (Close, Cover; Ranged, Cover), Prone Fighting, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (4), Skill Mastery (1) (Ranged Combat [Throwing]), Takedown (1), Throwing Mastery (2), Uncanny Dodge

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(45ep)
Bulletproof Vest: Protection 3 (Flaw: Limited to Ballistic Damage), Subtle; 3ep Binoculars: +5 Perception [Visual at Distance], Tiny; 1ep
Cell Phone, Standard "I'm getting a text…": Feature 1 (Cellular Communication), Diminutive; 1ep
Knives: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Critical 19-20, Small; 2ep
Throwing Knives: Piercing Ranged Damage 1, Extra: Multiattack; 25ft range, Small; 3ep
Light Machine Pistol: Ballistic Ranged Damage 3, Extra: Multiattack; 75 ft range, Small; 9ep
2ep as needed for situation
Assault Rifle: Ballistic Ranged Damage 5, Extra: Multi-Attack; 125 ft range, Large; 15ep
b]Fragmentation Grenades:[/b] Ballistic Damage 5, Extra: Ranged Area Burst, Range 25 ft; 1ep
Vehicle: (10ep)
Motorcycle: Size - M, Strength - 1, Speed - 6, Def - 10, Tough - 8; 10ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8
Close Attack +11 [Unarmed +2, Critical 18-20; Knives +3, Critical 18-20]
Ranged Attack +9 [Assault Rifle +5, Multiattack; Machine Pistol +3, Multiattack]
Thrown Knives +11 [Thrown Knives +3, Critical 18-20, Multiattack]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +14 [DC24] Parry +11 [DC21]
Toughness +3 (+6 against Ballistics), Fortitude +6, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:
Relationships: His Expendables buddies, especially Barney Ross and his fiancee, Lacy
Responsibility: Completing the job

Abilities 62 + Skills 31 (62 ranks) + Advantages 33 + Powers 0 + Defenses 15 = 141 / 141

Comments: Jason Statham rocked in the movie. His character was a knife throwing and close combat expert and pretty much ran things with Stallone's character. He also was the only one that got some play with a chick, the smokin' hot Charisma Carpenter. His little knife throwing rivalry with Tool, Mickey Rourke's character, was one of the highlights of the movie as well.

Clean Up 8/26/12: Update to Lee. He goes up to PL10 because, like Sly's character, he's one of the leaders and he danced through even more bullets than the rest of them.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:05 am, edited 5 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:07 am

Our ACTION! run continues with a slight deviation from The Expendables (but not completely) for our landmark 20th build! OK, maybe that's not a REAL landmark, but considering the time it look me to get to 20 builds here, I'm gonna celebrate!!!

Yippee ki-yay, mother*******...

JOHN MCCLANE
PL: 7 (105 pp) - OPL: 7 ; DPL: 7

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 5, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 3 (+5), Athletics 5 (+7), Deception 9 (+10), Expertise [Criminology] 6 (+7), Insight 5 (+7), Intimidation (+1), Investigation 6 (+7), Perception 5 (+7), Persuasion (+1), Sleight of Hand 3 (+6), Stealth 7 (+9), Technology 3 (+4), Vehicles 4 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (1) (Policeman), Close Attack (2), Defensive Roll (2), Diehard, Equipment (2), Evasion (1), Improved Critical (1) (Firearms), Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative (1), Improvised Weapon (1), Perfect Timing, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (6), Taunt, Tough* (1)

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(10ep)
Cell Phone, Standard: Feature 1, Diminutive; 1ep
Light Pistol: Ballistic Ranged Damage 3; 75ft range, Small; 6ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +7 [Unarmed +2]
Ranged Attack +9 [Light Pistol +3, Critical 19-20]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +9 [DC19] Parry +6 [DC16]
Toughness +5, Fortitude +6, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:
Bad Timing: He's got a knack for being the wrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time
Pain In The Ass: McClane has a knack for pissing people off
Relationships: Ex-wife and daughter, Lucy Gennaro McClane
Responsibility: Serve and protect, even when off duty

Abilities 36 + Skills 28 (56 ranks) + Advantages 26 + Powers 0 + Defenses 15 = 105 / 105

Comments: Since he had a cameo in The Expendables (and apparently might be THE bad guy in the sequel), I had to do something for Bruce Willis in the ACTION! run and who else could I go with besides his iconic character of John McClane? One of the definitive action heroes of all time and an American icon, John McClane is one of those guys that just about guy could identify with. No one messes with McClane and gets away with it, and even into his 50's, very few people would scoff at more Diehard sequels as long as Willis is in the role.

I think I've found the guy for my first posted playtest...now I just have to build someone like Annihilus or Galactus to give him a decent fight. :D
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Murkglow
Paragon
Paragon

Re: The JM: ACTION! The Expendables, John McClane

Post by Murkglow » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:53 pm

Ah McClane, action hero icon? No doubt.

And I agree, Willis could pull off a Die Hard 5 no problem. I'd buy it.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:41 pm

Our ACTION! run continues with this new item on Aisle 28!

I need more money because I am small. It makes things harder for me, so I need more money.

YIN YANG
PL: 9 (115 pts) - OPL: 7 ; DPL: 9

[ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Acrobatics 8 (+12), Athletics 8 (+9), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+13), Expertise [Mercenary] 6 (+7), Insight 5 (+7), Perception 6 (+8), Sleight of Hand 4 (+7), Stealth 6 (+10), Vehicles 3 (+6)

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, Close Attack (1), Defensive Attack, Equipment (4), Evasion (2), Grabbing Finesse, Improved Critical 2 (Unarmed 2), Improved Defense, Improved Initiative (1), Instant Up, Languages (1) (English, Japanese, Base: Mandarin), Move-by Action, Precise Attack (1) (Close, Cover), Prone Fighting, Ranged Attack (5), Redirect, Set-Up (1), Takedown (2), Uncanny Dodge

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(25ep)
Knife: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Critical 19-20, Small; 2ep
Fragmentation Grenades: Ballistic Damage 5, Extra: Ranged Area Burst, Range 25 ft; 1ep
2ep as needed for mission

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8
Close Attack +11
Unarmed +13 [Unarmed +1, Critical 18-20]
Ranged Attack +8 [Assault Rifle +5, Multiattack; Frag Grenades +5, Area Burst]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +13 [DC23] Parry +11 [DC21]
Toughness +2 (+5 against ballistics), Fortitude +5, Will + 5

COMPLICATIONS:
Disability: He's small, so life is harder for him…so he should get more money
Relationships: His Expendables buddies, especially Gunnar Jensen and Barney Ross
Responsibility: Completing the job

Abilities 46 + Skills 24 (48 ranks) + Advantages 29 + Powers 0 + Defenses 16 = 115 / 115

Comments: Always have, always will love Jet Li. While Jackie Chan is still da man overall to me as far as cinematic martial arts goes, Jet Li exceeded his skill in his prime and still can get it done as the years begin to pile up on him (I can’t believe he’s 47). In The Expendables, he is Yin Yang (understand that all go by codenames so that’s not his real name, obviously), their martial artist/stealth expert and he again rocks. He has some good fights with Dolph Lundgren’s character (a great contrast in styles, bruiser vs. technician) and Gary Daniels, a kickboxing legend who finally got some decent run in a big movie.

I kept him pretty much Jet Li style, hits a lot, not that hard, but is also hard to hit. He lays several shots on both Lundgren and Daniel’s characters and they kept coming so I didn’t give him the Improved Critical I usually give my martial artists. But if he keeps hitting enough, he’ll eventually win out over most same level guys. And I had to give him the Complication of being small, which, not to spoil, is one of the funnier parts of the movie.

Clean Up 8/25/12: Updated Yin Yang, even though he wasn't in the sequel much.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:59 am, edited 4 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:48 pm

The ACTION! run just keeps on rolling with another new item in our Expendables line!

Trench (Schwarzenegger): I need a gun, something big. [looks at Caesar's gun]
Trench: Preferably yours!
Hale Caesar: No way man, this is my woman!
Barney Ross: Give it to him, you got a back-up don't you? [Caesar reluctantly hands over his gun]
Hale Caesar: If I don't get this back, your ass is terminated.

HALE CAESAR
PL: 9 (108 pts) - OPL: 7 ; DPL: 9

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 4, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 7, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 2 (+4), Athletics 5 (+9), Deception 3 (+4), Expertise [Culinary] 4 (+4), Expertise [Mercenary] 6 (+6), Insight 3 (+5), Intimidation 6 (+7), Perception 5 (+7), Persuasion (+2), Sleight of Hand 1 (+4), Stealth 6 (+8), Vehicles 5 (+8)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Equipment (14), Evasion (1), Improved Initiative (1), Languages (1) (Spanish, 1 other, Base: English), Ranged Attack (4), Takedown (1), Teamwork

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(70ep)
7.62mm (M60) Machine Gun: Ballistic Ranged Damage 6, Extra: Multiattack; 150 ft range, Large; 18ep
Switchblade: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Critical 19-20, Small; 3ep
Arsenal: (25ep)
AA-12: Ballistic Ranged Damage 8, Extra: Multi-Attack; 200 ft range, Large; 24ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +7 [Unarmed +3; Switchblade +4, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +7 [AA-12 +8, Multiattack; M60 +6, Multiattack; Machine Pistol +3, Multiattack; Frag Grenades +5, Area Burst]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +11 [DC21] Parry +7 [DC17]
Toughness +4 (+7 against Ballistics), Fortitude +7, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:
The Finer Things: He likes good food and coffee and always comes prepared to eat well. If not, he gets cranky…
Relationships: His partners in The Expendables
Responsibility: Getting the job done

Abilities 46 + Skills 23 (46 ranks) + Advantages 24 + Powers 0 + Defenses 15 = 108 / 108

Comments: The man, Terry Crews, as his Expendables character Hale Caesar. He didn’t get that much screen time, but he had some funny lines and his usage of the AA-12 gun rocked the house. That’s the only reason he gets the PL7 that I had reserved for Yang, Ross and Christmas. Without it, he’s more in line with the PL6 “lesser” members of the group.

One thing you'll note as that I have been very liberal with my usage of the Evasion feat for all the action heroes, mainly because I always visualize that feat as the leaping escape from the big explosion so common in action movies. They probably don't really deserve it in game terms, but hey, every now then you gotta go with flavor over real game mechanics!

Clean Up 8/26/12: Hale gets an update, too. And apparently Terry hit the gym big time before The Expendables rang the bell at the NY Stock Exchance... :shock:

Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:02 pm

Keeping our ACTION! run going, we've got another JM Favorite item hitting shelves.

The man. Period.

INDIANA JONES
PL: 7 (128 pp) - OPL: 7 ; DPL: 7

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 4 AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 5 (+8), Athletics 6 (+8), Close Combat [Whip] 4 (+12), Deception 6 (+8), Expertise [Archeology] 10 (+14), Expertise [History] 10 (+14) [Skill Mastery], Insight 6 (+9), Intimidation (+2), Investigation 7 (+11), Perception 6 (+9), Persuasion (+2), Sleight of Hand 2 (+6), Stealth 5 (+8), Vehicles 3 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Beginner's Luck, Benefit (1) (Status – He’s freakin’ Indy), Close Attack (2), Conspiracy Theorist* (1), Defensive Roll (1), Equipment (3), Evasion (1), Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative (1), Languages (4) (German, Latin, 6 others, Base: English), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (5), Skill Mastery (1) (Expertise: History), Uncanny Dodge

POWERS:
Movement 1: Swinging 1 (Flaw: Limited [Requires Whip]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(15ep)
Leather Jacket: Protection 1; 1ep
Binoculars: +5 Perception [Visual at Distance], Tiny [1ep])
Compass, Brushes and other archeological equipment (5ep)
Arsenal:
(8ep)
Light Pistol: Ballistic Ranged Damage 3; 75ft range, Small; 6ep
Whip: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 0, Reach x3 [15 ft], Improved Trip, Improved Grab, Small; 1ep
Knife: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Critical 19-20, Small; 1ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +7
Close Attack +8 [Unarmed +2; Knife +3]
Whip +12 [Whip +2]
Ranged Attack +9 [Light Pistol +3]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +9 [DC19] Parry +7 [DC17]
Toughness +5, Fortitude +5, Will +6

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: He HATES Nazis...
Identity: He doesn't like people to call him by his real name or the origin of the nickname Indiana
Phobia: Snakes...Why does it have to snakes?
Relationships: His father, Marcus, Sallah and his family, Short Round, Marion and his son
Responsibility: He believes that archeological finds belong to the people and works to make sure the antiquities get to the right places
Weakness: Dames. Well, I don't know if it's technically a weakness, but they sure cause him a lot of problems

Abilities 54 + Skills 35 (70 ranks) + Advantages 27 + Powers 0 + Defenses 12 = 128 / 128

Comments: I wanted to have a lot of flavor in the ACTION! run here at The JM and I caught a Mythbusters where they were testing the scene from The Last Crusade where Indy stuck that pole in the motorcycle wheel and made it flip over and after that, he immediately jumped to next on my list.

This is a pretty suped up Indy, where he is well over pointed and has some pretty strong skills outside of the obvious Archeology and History (which I suppose I could have combined, but what the hell, I’m not in a PP conservation mode right now) and is nasty with his whip. He’s comes out to about a PL5 unarmed, PL6 defensively in melee and a PL7 against ranged attacks and when using his whip, which all felt about right. And he has plenty of opportunities for HP to give him that extra boost when he needs it. He'd be a fun play.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Xarathos
Comrade
Comrade

Re: The JM: ACTION! The Expendables, John McClane, Indy

Post by Xarathos » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:08 pm

Sweet job on Indy, Thorp! Loving the ACTION line so far - keep up the good work. :D

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: The JM: ACTION! The Expendables, John McClane, Indy

Post by Arkrite » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:22 pm

It's like X-mas came early with action movie awesome!

My only real complaint about the Expendibles was that Charisma Carpenter really was just a bit role, I would have liked to see more from her and Jason but... alas.

Otherwise I had fun. It's a classic style action movie!
Bad guys blow up, good guys throw up snappy dialog, and everything goes boom. What more can anyone ask for?

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:31 am

The ACTION! run just keeps coming with this addition from our Expendables line.

Hale Caesar [to the group]: If you knew you were going to die tomorrow, what would your last meal be? [looks at Toll Road] I ain't even gonna ask you man, I know what yours would be!
Toll Road: Cereal, yeah, so?
Hale Caesar: All you care about are eating cereals, man!
Toll Road: What can I say? Cereals are my thing!

TOLL ROAD
PL: 9 (109 pts) - OPL: 7 ; DPL: 9

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Acrobatics 2 (+5), Athletics 6 (+9), Expertise [Demolitions] 8 (+8), Expertise [Mercenary] 6 (+6), Insight 5 (+7), Intimidation 5 (+5), Perception 3 (+5), Stealth 5 (+8), Treatment 3 (+3), Vehicles 4 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Close Attack (1), Damaging Escape *, Defensive Roll (1), Equipment (9), Evasion (2), Fast Grab, Improved Critical (1) (Unarmed), Improved Initiative (1), Languages (1) (Spanish, 1 other, Base: English), Prone Fighting, Ranged Attack (4), Takedown (2)

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(45ep)
Knife: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Critical 19-20, Small; 2ep
2ep as needed for situation

OFFENSE:
Initiative +7
Close Attack +9 [Unarmed +3, Critical 19-20; Knife +4, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +7 [Assault Rifle +5, Multiattack; Light Machine Pistol +3, Multiattack; Frag Grenades +5, Area Burst]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +11 [DC21] Parry +8 [DC18]
Toughness +4 (+7 against ballistics), Fortitude +7, Will +4

COMPLICATIONS:
Disability: Cauliflower ears…
Relationships: His partners in The Expendables

Abilities 46 + Skills 23 (46 ranks) + Advantages 27 + Powers 0 + Defenses 13 = 109 / 109

Comments: Toll Road is Randy Couture’s character in The Expendables. He didn't get a ton of screen time, but he got in some good rumbling in their invasion of the fortress and I was totally geeked to see him and Stone Cold go at it. And you had to love his speech about Cauliflower Ear. Especially when you looked at his ears, which have probably been that way since he was a kid!

It should be noted that Randy Couture the MMA fighter would have more feats and probably be a PL higher, but again, his character didn't do much this time and considering that Stone Cold's character, Payne, had already been fighting a while and they still had a good fight tells me that his PL is about right. Better than a normal soldier, but not as good as Statham's or Stallone's characters.

Clean Up 8/26/12: Toll gets the update as well. They mentioned that he was a Demolitions expert, so I added that Skill.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:42 am

Our ACTION! run is coming to a close shortly (for now) with our last item in our Expendables line (for now)!

Gunner Jensen: Who am I gonna pick on?
Yin Yang: You find some other minority.

GUNNAR JENSEN
PL: 9 (112 pts) - OPL: 7 ; DPL: 9

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 4, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 1, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 0, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Athletics 3 (+7), Deception 5 (+5), Expertise [Chemistry] 5 (+8), Expertise [Mercenary] 4 (+7), Intimidation 8 (+8), Perception 4 (+4), Ranged Combat [Firearms] 4 (+9), Stealth 6 (+7), Vehicles 5 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Close Attack (2), Crushing Pin*, Equipment (13), Improved Aim, Improved Critical (2) (Rifles, Unarmed), Improved Grab, Improved Initiative (1), Languages (1) (Spanish, Swedish, Base: English), Power Attack, Precise Attack (1) (Ranged, Cover), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (3), Second Chance (1) (Toughness checks against Bludgeoning Damage), Takedown (1), Withstand Damage (1)

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(13ep)
Big Ass Knife: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 2, Critical 19-20, Small; 3ep
Sniper Rifle: Ballistic Ranged Damage 5, Critical 19-20 (Extra: Extended Range); 250 ft range, Large; 17ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +1
Close Attack +8 [Unarmed +4, Critical 19-20; Knife +5, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +5 [Frag Grenades +5, Area Burst]
Firearms +9 [Sniper Rifle +5, Critical 18-20; Assault Rifle +5, Critical 19-20, Multiattack; Light Machine Pistol +3, Critical 19-20, Multiattack]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +11 [DC21] Parry +6 [DC16]
Toughness +4 (+7 against ballistics, Second Chance, Withstand Damage*), Fortitude +7, Will +3

COMPLICATIONS:
Addiction: He's got a drug problem is he's trying (?) to beat
Relationships: His partners in The Expendables, particularly Barney Ross and Yin Yang

Abilities 40 + Skills 22 (44 ranks) + Advantages 34 + Powers 0 + Defenses 16 = 112 / 112

Comments: IMHO, Dolph Lundgren here stole the picture. Not with his acting prowess, of course, but with his lack thereof and his drug-addled wackiness. Sly threw his old buddy a bone and he took advantage of it. I can totally see him as Piledriver or Bulldozer, hell, even The Wrecker of The Wrecking Crew in a Marvel movie, can't you? Hmmmm...I should send that in to John Favreau... :wink:

I got a kick out of his little rivalry with Li's character and they actually put on a pretty good fight, with a classic technician vs. brute matchup. But geez, between his mumbling, Stallone's mumbling, Statham and Lee's accents, and Mickey Rourke's...well, mumbling, I thought the freakin' movie should have had subtitles!

And this is it for my Expendables run for now. I might go back and work up Tool (Rourke), and the bad guys, especially Stone Cold and Gary Daniel's characters who rocked, later on, but I didn't have the juice for that right now. I want to finish up this ACTION! run and move into other things.

Clean Up 8/25/12: Dolph was fun in the sequel as well.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:51 am

Ah, what the heck, let's empty the old hard drive and post a few more ACTION! items! Check out this new item, it's another JM Favorite!

Dude has a chainsaw hand and a Boomstick. *sniff* It doesn't get any more beautiful than that...

ASH WILLIAMS
PL: 7 (103 pp) - OPL: 7 ; DPL: 7

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 1, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 5, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Athletics 3 (+5), Deception 6 (+7), Expertise [Arcana] 5 (+6), Insight 4 (+5), Intimidation 4 (+5), Perception 5 (+6), Persuasion 3 (+4), Ranged Combat [Shotgun] 4 (+9), Stealth 4 (+5), Technology 4 (+5Vehicles 6 (+8)

ADVANTAGES: Beginner's Luck, Close Attack (3), Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (5), Favored Foe (Undead), Improved Critical (1) (Boomstick), Improved Initiative (1), Luck (1), Power Attack, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (3), Takedown (2)

POWERS:
Chainsaw Hand: Removable (-2)
Slashing Damage 6, Enhanced Advantages (Improved Critical, Improved Smash, Weapon Break); 9 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(25ep)
Boomstick: Buckshot Ballistic Ranged Damage 5; Accurate 1, Flaw: Limited to +3 damage against targets with any increase in natural Toughness Save; 50ft range, Large; 10ep OR
Boomstick: Solid Shell Ballistic Ranged Damage 5; 75ft range, Large; 10ep Vehicle:
(11ep)
Full-Size Car: Size - L, Strength - 6, Speed - 5, Def - 8, Tough - 9; 11ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +5
Close Attack +8 [Unarmed +2; Chainsaw Hand +6, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +5
Boomstick +9 [Boomstick +5, Critical 19-20]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +9 [DC19] Parry +9 [DC19]
Toughness +5, Fortitude +6, Will +4

COMPLICATIONS:
Disability: He is missing his right hand
Enemy: He seems to attract situations where the undead show up
Man out of Time: Due to the various situations and dimension hopping he's done thanks to the Necronomicon, he can get mixed up as to where he is
Responsibility: Destroying the undead and the Necronomicon

Abilities 30 + Skills 24 (48 ranks) + Advantages 23 + Powers 7 + Defenses 19 = 103 / 103

Comments: Caught part of Army of Darkness AGAIN while I was plotting this ACTION! run, so we have to give some 3E love to Ash Williams. And I went all out on him since he's...well, Ash Williams. He's a full PL7 on defense, and with his Boomstick and Chainsaw Hand. He gets a little more love than the other ACTION! builds so far because he has crossed over into full superhero zombieverse action and come out of it (well, mostly) and a ton of other crossovers where he had take on superhuman opponents so I tried to strike the balance between Army of Darkness Ash and Marvel Zombies/Ash vs. Jason vs. Freddy Ash.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!