J-Mart: Preparing for Relocation... :)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Xarathos
Comrade
Comrade

Re: J-Mart 3E: Juggy, Sandman, Electro, Batroc's Brigade, Rulk

Postby Xarathos » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:42 pm

Okay, seeing Batroc again has made my night, but mainly because I remember Taskmaster's reaction on meeting his daughter . . .

"Listen, I knew both your fathers, and may I say, with all due respect to those brave and talented men... You cannot imagine my surprise at finding out that they were heterosexual." --Taskmaster, Agent X #006

I loved that series . . . :D

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Jabroniville » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:28 am

Much love for Batroc's Brigade & The Mandrill. Gotta like the jobber villains (even though Batroc, like you said, always does insanely well against Cap. Oddly, he gives CAP more trouble than he does nearly every other hero. He must be a full PL higher when fighting ol' Steve or something).

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby catsi563 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:21 am

granted im not totaly up on 3E, and Im a bit of Juggernaut fanboi.

But isnt 1 fighting skill really low for Caine who aside from being a trained soldier, has years of experience fighting and as a natrual brawler. I mean his marvel FASERIP is Remarkable which is a shade below daredevils fighting ability.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Jabroniville » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:59 am

catsi563 wrote:granted im not totaly up on 3E, and Im a bit of Juggernaut fanboi.

But isnt 1 fighting skill really low for Caine who aside from being a trained soldier, has years of experience fighting and as a natrual brawler. I mean his marvel FASERIP is Remarkable which is a shade below daredevils fighting ability.

It's just there so that his defense (namely Parry) can be appropriately low for a guy who doesn't dodge- EVER. Since Fighting alters Parry, it has to be lowered. He has a corresponding increase in "Close Combat" in the Advantages section to give him a +8 to-hit overall, the equivalent of Fighting 8.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:13 am

Jabroniville wrote:Much love for Batroc's Brigade & The Mandrill. Gotta like the jobber villains (even though Batroc, like you said, always does insanely well against Cap. Oddly, he gives CAP more trouble than he does nearly every other hero. He must be a full PL higher when fighting ol' Steve or something).

Very true. I may have a to give him Favored Foe or make him a conditional PL11 with Favored Environment (Combat with Captain America). :wink:

Jabroniville wrote:
catsi563 wrote:granted im not totaly up on 3E, and Im a bit of Juggernaut fanboi.

It's just there so that his defense (namely Parry) can be appropriately low for a guy who doesn't dodge- EVER. Since Fighting alters Parry, it has to be lowered. He has a corresponding increase in "Close Combat" in the Advantages section to give him a +8 to-hit overall, the equivalent of Fighting 8.

Exactamundo. Unfortunately, in this case, the game system doesn't work exactly as intended and I had to go way low on that ability to make him work as I would like.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:50 am

We have another RED LIGHT SPECIAL hitting the Aisle 2 shelves to kick off today's run of builds.

No jokes with Schmidt. I'm in my 40's and he STILL scares me.

RED SKULL
PL: 11 (212 pts) - OPL: 11 ; DPL: 11

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 5, STAMINA 6, AGILITY 6, DEXTERITY 6, FIGHTING 12, INTELLECT 6, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 6

SKILLS: Athletics 6 (+11), Deception 9 (+15) [Taunt], Expertise [Military] 9 (+15), Expertise [Nazi] 7 (+13), Expertise [Politics] 9 (+15), Expertise [Science] 6 (+12), Insight 8 (+13), Intimidation 8 (+15) [Daze, Startle], Investigation 5 (+11) [Well-Informed], Perception 5 (+10), Persuasion 7 (+13) [Connected], Stealth (+6), Technology 6 (+12) [Inventor], Vehicles 4 (+10)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (6) (Status – The Red Skull, Security Clearance, Wealth 4 [Multimillionaire]), Close Attack (1), Connected, Daze (1) (Intimidation) Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (11), Favored Foe (Captain America), Improved Initiative (1), Inspire (2), Languages (2) (English, French, 3 others, Base: German), Leadership, Ranged Attack (6), Startle, Well-Informed

POWERS:
Super Soldier Physiology: Immunity 4 (Aging, Intoxication, Disease, Poisons [Limited]), Enhanced Advantages 2 (Diehard, Great Endurance), Speed 2 (8 mph), Leaping 1 (15 ft), Regeneration 1 (1/every 9 rounds); 9 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(55 pts)
Knife: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Dangerous; 2 pts
Heavy Pistol: Ranged Ballistic Damage 4; 8 pts
Arsenal: (42 pts)
Dust of Death: Ranged Affliction 10 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Progressive); 40 pts
Dust of Death: Cloud Area Affliction 10 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Cloud Area [15 ft radius], Progressive); 1 pt
Assault Rifle: Ranged Multiattack Ballistic Damage 5; 1 pt

OFFENSE:
Initiative +10
Close Attack +13 [Unarmed +5; Knife +6, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +12 [Heavy Pistol +4; Dust of Death Affliction +10]
Special Attack [Dust of Death Affliction +10, Cloud Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +8 (+6 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +9, Will +13

COMPLICATIONS:
Arrogance: Despite his genius and cunning, his overconfidence can be his downfall
Enemy: Captain America
Patriotism: He is loyal to Nazi Germany, always has been, always will be

Abilities 104 + Skills 45 (90 ranks) + Advantages 37 + Powers 9 + Defenses 17 = 212 / 212

Build Comments: The Red Skull has ALWAYS creeped me out, probably always will. As such, he has been one of my favorite villains of all time because I can always buy him as truly eeeeevil.

As a build, he's a top mastermind and a good combatant, although not truly in Cap's league. He's really more of a PL9 outside of his Dust of Death, which I took the BARON route on and made it Equipment. For more epic uses he's got Inventor or just some good old GM Fiat.

Secret Origins: Raised in a traumatizing world of the European streets, Johann Schmidt’s mind found itself warped and paved for something much more sinister to come. Born in a village within Germany, Johann's life would start its dark path when his mother would die from giving birth to him. This event drove Johann’s drunken father in a depressing state to where he would cope with the idea of avenging his stressful problems by simply drowning the infant Johann. Saved from near death by the delivering doctor after halting Johann’s father from killing him, Johann’s father would later commit suicide that would force Johann into an orphanage. Growing up into a life of being bullied, Johann’s hatred for others slowly began to expand itself by being convinced that every man was truly his enemy. Hating every passing day of abuse, Johann predictably ran away to lead on a life as a beggar and a petty thief. Usually taking menial jobs to keep himself sustained, Johann later found himself offered a job as a sweeper for a Jewish shopkeeper and also found friendship with the daughter of the shop owner as well. As the girl took a liking towards Johann, it would be when he forced himself onto her where she would deny him because of his actions. Johann would finally take his inner feelings into action by committing his first murder when he killed the girl in a fit of blind rage with a shovel.

Back out on the streets again and desperate for any means for survival, Johann would have his chance in 1933 after being one of the many Germans who were forced into joining the Nazi Party as a Sturmabteilung. As Hitler rose to power, Johann still wasn’t satisfied seeing how he was merely a prop rather than a fighter like the S.S. But Johann’s life would change after learning that Hitler was staying within a selected hotel, Johann secretly came up with the idea of making an impression on Hitler by acting out as one of the hotels bellboys who tended to the Fuhrers’ stay. Coming upon Hitler scolding one of his Gestapo’s for failure of capturing a spy who recently escaped from Germany, Hitler took notice of Johann claiming that he personally could teach Johann to be a better Nazi than any of his own officers. At first glance during Hitler’s claim, Hitler not only found a potential recruit within Johann, but something that even the ruler of Germany would fear himself. Ever dedicated to prove himself to be what the Fuhrer of Germany saw within him, Johann proudly accepted his training as an S.S. Officer.

After Hitler later found himself unimpressed with Johann’s training, the Fuhrer relieved Johann's commanding officer and strictly took over Johann’s training himself. Shaped and molded into Hitler’s own twisted image before his training was finished, Johann became the second most powerful man within Germany who answered to no one but Hitler himself. As his first act under Hitler’s command, Johann killed his former officer who failed to train him under Hitler’s ideal for an S.S Officer. This twisted accomplishment awarded Johann an officer uniform, rank, and a trademark that would be burnt into the hearts of those who would dare oppose Hitler’s agenda, Johann was given a blood red mask of a skull that would be worn and show his enemies Hitler’s wrath and image that would install fear. Thus the Red Skull was born.

The Story so Far: During World War II, Red Skull was known to be one of the most feared villains who served underneath the command of Hitler himself. As his terror was spreading across Europe, Red Skull’s reign would come to a halt when the United States presented their own special weapon, the super soldier known as Captain America. Throughout WWII, both Captain America and Red Skull found themselves constantly battling and Red Skull would also find himself fighting the other costumed mystery men who opposed the Third Reich.

However, as WWII was coming to an end, both Captain America and Red Skull found themselves coming to an end as well. With both men believed to be dead, both Red Skull and Captain America later revived in the early 50’s only to later disappear under unknown circumstances. It would later be revealed that the recent Red Skull wasn’t the original, but a communist known as Albert Malik.

After Captain America’s body been found and revived, the hero would later find himself followed by the resurrected Red Skull as well. Despite the fact that Red Skull no longer held an army of his own, he was more of a threat from the vast amount of equipment, weaponry, robots, and various locations that he personally owned during WWII. Far more dangerous than before, Red Skull found his revival as a better chance of doing what Hitler failed to do himself, which was world domination. Several times Red Skull has either made an attempt to rule the world or complete his other personal goal of killing off Captain America in the most elaborate and carefully planned schemes.

Over the years, The Red Skull has crossed paths of other well-known villains and heroes as he menaced Captain America. He once tricked and used the Kingpin of Crime in a plan to rid Captain America and ran afoul of Dr. Doom twice when trying to take over Latveria. One scheme found itself backfiring against the Red Skull when he gave Sam Wilson powers so that he could secretly attack Captain America, only to find Sam taking up the costumed role as the Falcon and becoming Captain America’s longtime partner.

Sometime later, Red Skull found himself dying once more and making a final attempt to end both Captain America and himself at the same time. However this plan was only half successful as the Red Skull would die from a stroke in the arms of his most hated enemy.

Later revived in a clone body of Captain America, Red Skull decided to keep his status low and accomplish his same two goals differently through means of business and politics rather than frontal terrorist attacks. Red Skull had found himself more successful than his prior attacks against Captain America and his enemies because of his reach across the world that could easily grant him access to just about anything he truly wanted.

After the events of Civil War and Bucky’s return, Red Skull would find himself partaking in a scheme of killing Captain America. Even though Red Skull successfully orchestrated Captain America’s death, he would later be defeated once more when Bucky took the role of Captain America and foiled Red Skull’s plans of being fully revived in his own body once more.

With Norman Osborn’s Dark Reign coming to an end, Red Skull would make his appearance when accepting Osborn’s idea of him becoming the new and revived Captain America. Even though Red Skull did manage to have his conscious placed in Captain America’s revived body, he would find himself defeated in a conscious battle with Captain America and physically defeated by both Captain America and the Avengers as well.

However, Baron Von Blitzschag, formerly a Nazi supervillain currently in the Justice Society Initiative, paid back an old debt to Armin Zola by secretly smuggling a body of one of his MVP clones to Zola. The Nazi super-scientist transferred Schmidt’s consciousness into the young, peak human body of Michael Van Patrick. Now, with a young powerful body, Schmidt is even more dangerous and ready to lead his new cabal, THE RED REICH against any and all who oppose him.

Characterization: Suffice it to say, The Red Skull is one of the greatest villains of all time. He has been an enemy of America for over 80 years and it seems he will never truly be vanquished. He is one of the greatest planners among supervillains and he usually has a backup to his backup plan and another that he has told no one else about if those should fail.

Friends and Foes: He has regular allies in Crossbones, Armin Zola and his daughter, Sin and has allied with several supervillains, mainly those with Nazi ties like Baron Zemo and Baron Blitzkrieg.

His list of foes is too long to mention but without question his greatest enemy is Captain America.

Clean Up 12/10/13: Since I worked up Sin, I figured her dad was due for an update as well.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:59 am

Another new item in our Villains Line hits the Aisle 2 shelves.

I consider myself an artist---a true craftsman who specializes in murder, destruction, and terror! - Crossbones

CROSSBONES
PL: 10 (150 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 4, STAMINA 5, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 12, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Athletics 9 (+13), Close Combat [Unarmed] 1 (+15), Deception 7 (+7), Expertise [Brain Washing] 9 (+10), Expertise [Mercenary] 5 (+6), Expertise [Tactics] 6 (+7), Insight (+1), Intimidation 12 (+12) [Startle], Perception 4 (+5), Stealth 7 (+11), Vehicles 8 (+12)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Close Attack (2), Equipment (9), Favored Foe (Captain Americas), Improved Aim, Improved Critical (2) (Short Blades, Unarmed), Improved Initiative (1), Power Attack, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (10), Startle, Takedown (1), Tough* (1)

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(45 pts)
Body Armor: Protection 2; 2 pts
Wrist Stilletos: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Dangerous, Split, Subtle; 4 pts
Twin Machine Pistols: Ranged Ballistic Damage 6, Extra: Multiattack, Split; 19 pts
Arsenal: (20 pts)
Fragmentation Grenades: Ranged Burst Area Ballistic Damage 5, Extra: Burst Area (30 ft radius); 15 pts
Sniper Rifle: Ranged Ballistic Damage 5, Dangerous, Extended Range (50/100/250), Large; 1 pt
Heavy Pistol: Ranged Ballistic Damage 4; 1 pt
Heavy Crossbow: Ranged Piercing Damage 4, Dangerous; 1 pt
Poison Throwing Knives: Ranged Multiattack Piercing Damage 1, Extra: Linked (Weaken), Flaw: Diminished Range (10/25/50); Ranged Weaken Stamina 3, Extra: Linked [Damage], Progressive, Flaw: Diminished Range (10/25/50); 1 pt
Knife: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Dangerous; 2 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8
Close Attack +14 [Knives +5, Critical 18-20; Wrist Stilletos +5, Critical 18-20]
Unarmed +15 [Unarmed +4, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +14 [Twin Machine Pistols +6, Critical 19-20; Sniper Rifle +5, Critical 19-20; Heavy Pistol +4; Poison Knives +1, Multiattack/Weaken Stamina +3; Fragmentation Grenades +5, Burst Area; Heavy Crossbow +4, Critical 19-20]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +8, Fortitude +10, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Captain America and Diamondback
Motivation: Brock is the textbook thug, who loves violence and hurting people for violence's sake. He also loves messing with people's minds
Relationships: Sin

Abilities 62 + Skills 34 (68 ranks) + Advantages 32 + Powers 0 + Defenses 22 = 150 / 150

Build Comments: Ah, Crossbones, long time henchman for the Red Skull. He's another guy that gives Cap a lot of trouble but doesn't really do well in other situations in his Marvel U history. Still, anyone that gives Cap a good fight has to have to skills and I felt like I made him a good street-level challenge.

Secret Origins: Young Brock Rumlow led the Savage Crims gang on New York's lower east side. After he brutalized fifteen year old Rachel Leighton, two of her brothers assaulted Brock, and the elder brother was killed. Rumlow fled, entering Taskmaster's school for criminals. Within three years, he became an instructor there under the name Bingo Brock.

As a mercenary, Rumlow enlisted with Albert Malik, the communist Red Skull, in Algeria, serving him under the name Frag until he was sent to invade Arnim Zola's Switzerland chateau. Ultimately the only team member to survive the assault, Rumlow there met and impressed the original Nazi Red Skull, Johann Schmidt; this Skull accepted Brock's services, code-naming him Crossbones.

The Story so Far: Crossbones has been a loyal ally of the Red Skull for years and has gone up against Captain America several times, in addition to coming into conflict with superheroes all over the globe.

Characterization: Brock is the definition of a thug. He’s violent and has little no regard for human life and is completely content to follow The Red Skull’s direction without question.

Friends and Foes: He is loyal to the Red Skull and is in a relationship with his daughter Sin. His main rival is Captain America, who he longs to kill.

Clean Up 11/16/13: Had to have Crossbones get a Superior Thorpacoverse update. He's going to get some work real fast.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:10 am

Sadly, this is a massive improvement over his old look...

BLACK TALON
PL: 9 (133 pp) - OPL: 9 ; DPL: 9

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 1, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 5, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Athletics 3 (+5), Deception 9 (+11) [Daze], Expertise [Magic] 10 (+13) [Artificer, Ritualist], Insight 5 (+7), Intimidation 2 (+4), Perception 5 (+7), Persuasion 5 (+7), Sleight of Hand 4 (+6), Stealth (+1), Technology 3 (+6)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Artificer, Close Attack (2), Daze (1) (Deception), Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (4), Favored Foe (Brother Voodoo), Improved Initiative (1), Languages (1) (French Creole, Base: English), Minion (5) (10 Cultists), Ranged Attack (3), Ritualist

POWERS:
Lord of the Zombies: Summon Zombies 3 (45 pt minions; Extras: Horde, General Type [Undead], Multiple Minions 4 [32 Minions], Flaw: Limited [requires corpses in vicinity], Increased Action [1 minute]); 27 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(20ep)
Costume: Protection 1; 1ep
Arsenal: (3ep)
Knife: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Critical 19-20, Small; 2ep
Bone Club: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 2, Medium; 1ep
16ep for HQ, vehicle, etc.

OFFENSE:
Initiative +5
Close Attack +7 [Unarmed +2; Knife +3, Critical 19-20; Club +4]
Ranged Attack +5

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 [DC18] Parry +8 [DC18]
Toughness +6, Fortitude +6, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Doctor Voodoo
Greed: He wants power as a voodoo priest and cult leader
Prejudice: That chicken hat does him no favors in regards to credibility as a villain when it's time to throw down…

Abilities 40 + Skills 23 (46 ranks) + Advantages 23 + Powers 27 + Defenses 20 = 133 / 133

Comments: Black Talon is a long time Marvel jobber who started out as a foe of Doctor Voodoo while he was still Brother Voodoo. He was originally distinctive for his chicken themed outfit, which cause no end of fun being made of him, especially by Deadpool when they crossed paths...

Be that as it may, he was a decent jobber cult villain. Well, not really, but I am trying to show respect for the jobbers here, ANYWAY in Marvel Zombies, he got the makeover noted in the main pic as a gang leader/cocaine dealer who eventually helped use his magical powers to end the zombie reign so it least he got a little love from the writers there. Generally, his powers have always been zombie creation and control but he can pull off the occasional big deal with Ritualist and Artificer, which he could use to create that necklace that he controlled She-Hulk with back when they rumbled.

In my setting, he is more like his Zombieverse version, and still has a mad on for Doctor Voodoo, even if he doesn't have anywhere close to the ability now to pull off a win.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:17 pm

Another new item hits the Aisle 2 shelves.

Hang in there, Protocide, I'm sure Villain of the Month roulette will hit for you again soon enough...

PROTOCIDE
PL: 11 (128 pts) - OPL: 11 ; DPL: 11

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 8, STAMINA 8, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Acrobatics 3 (+8), Athletics 5 (+13), Expertise [Military] 9 (+9), Insight (+1), Intimidation 9 (+9) [Startle], Perception 4 (+5), Ranged Combat [Shield] 2 (+10), Stealth 5 (+10), Vehicles 3 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Close Attack (4), Damaging Escape *, Defensive Roll (1), Equipment (1), Improved Critical (1) (Shield), Last Stand *, Power Attack, Ranged Attack (4), Startle, Takedown (1)

ENHANCED ADVANTAGES (SUPER SOLDIER ENHANCEMENTS): Diehard, Great Endurance

ENHANCED ADVANTAGES (SHIELD): Defensive Attack, Improved Defense

POWERS:
Super Soldier Enhancements: Immunity 4 (Aging, Intoxication, Disease, Poisons [Limited]), Enhanced Advantages 2 (see Advantages), Speed 2 (8 mph), Leaping 1 (15 ft), Regeneration 1 (1/every 5 rounds); 9 pts
Protocide Shield: 8 pts traits, Easily Removable (-4 pts); 4 pts
Shielding Enhanced Dodge 2, Enhanced Parry 2, Enhanced Advantages 2 (see Advantages); 6 pts
Shield Throw: Bludgeoning Strength-based Ranged Damage 2; 1 pt
Shield Strike: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 2; 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(5ep)
Costume: Protection 1; 1ep
Commlink: Feature 1, Miniscule; 1ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +5
Close Attack +12 [Unarmed +8; Shield Strike +10, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +8
Shield +10 [Thrown Shield +10, Critical 19-20]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 (+10 with Shield) [DC18/20] Parry + 10 (+12 with Shield) [DC20/22]
Toughness +10, Fortitude +10, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: He was brainwashed into thinking Captain America was his enemy and even though in the main continuity he realized it wasn't true, in the Thorpacoverse, he still does
Mental Instability: Due to his own violent nature and side effects from the super soldier serum, he is prone to bouts of paranoia and violent behavior
Patriotism: He is very loyal to the USA
Temper: Due to his mental issues, he has a short temper if not properly medicated

Abilities 68 + Skills 20 (40 ranks) + Advantages 24 + Powers 5 + Defenses 11 = 128 / 128

Comments: Protocide is a one shot Cap villain that was pretty cool. He had the super soldier serum injected in him giving above Cap level strength and stamina but it made him kinda crazy, making it easy for him to be brainwashed into seeing Cap as the enemy. He took down US Agent and then went toe-to-toe with Cap for a while before seeing the light and saving him in the end. He took off in a truck and has not been seen since.

I almost made him PL11 since he did do some good work, but as always, villains are pumped up when the first appear so I would consider some of it being circumstance bonuses.

Clean Up 11/11/11: Protocide finally goes to 11 on 11/11/11. :wink:
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

scc
Zealot
Zealot

Re: J-Mart 3E: Batroc's Brigade, Rulk, Red Skull, Black Talon

Postby scc » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:48 am

Holy jobbers Batman. Wow Black Talon. His new look is definitely an improvement. And I never heard of Protocide. Nice work.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:56 pm

scc wrote:Holy jobbers Batman. Wow Black Talon. His new look is definitely an improvement. And I never heard of Protocide. Nice work.

Thanks scc. Protocide was a discovery I made surfing the Wikis for some info on some other Cap-verse characters and I figured I would whip him up. And no jobber has ever made me laugh like Black Talon, especially when Deadpool was just KILLIN' him with his verbal jabs. He's almost as funny as Gamecock who I am SO glad Jabroniville worked up! :D
Shop J-Mart!

ClassDunce
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby ClassDunce » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:59 pm

Does Sin exist in your Cap-Verse? Sin is the Red Skulls daughter and she's more often than not teaming up with Cross-Bones.

She was seven different kinds of awesome whenever she showed up in Brubakers Captain America ongoing. Hopefully she would exist in a time before she had her face horribly burned off for stupid reasons.
"When they ask how I died, tell them: still angry." - Quellcrist Falconer

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:14 pm

A good writer would fix her face, realizing that there are times when it is better for a legacy villain to juxtapose their parent, rather than emulate them.

And I wouldn't mind seeing a write up of her either.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:50 pm

Horsenhero wrote:A good writer would fix her face, realizing that there are times when it is better for a legacy villain to juxtapose their parent, rather than emulate them.

And I wouldn't mind seeing a write up of her either.

I'm hip. I never like it when the like it when the kid mimics the dad. Well, except Scott Evil, of course. :twisted:

And let he who is without Sin, cast the first build! Or something like that. :wink: She'll be on the shelves by the weekend. I'm too pooped to build her tonight, but I might have it in me tomorrow. Things have been nuts these past few days after a brief respite but things are on the upswing after next weekend. The wife is walking again (YAY!), flag football is almost over (YAY! YAY!) and I am not taking another class this quarter so I will be a building/playtesting fool in November and December.

I hope...

We need a fingers crossed smilie. :wink:
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

#60, #60A

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:33 am

We've got this item for our Game of Thrones Line, as much as it sickens me...

Joffrey Baratheon: I'll tell you what. I'm going to give you a present. After I raise my armies, and kill your traitor brother, I'll give you his head as well.
Sansa Stark: Or maybe he'll give me yours.

JOFFREY BARATHEON
PL: 3 (28 pts) - OPL: 3 ; DPL: 3

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 0, STAMINA 0, AGILITY 1, DEXTERITY 1, FIGHTING 2, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 0, PRESENCE -2

SKILLS: Athletics 2 (+2), Deception (-2), Expertise [Nobility] 2 (+2), Intimidation 6 (+4), Persuasion (-2), Stealth (+1), Vehicles 2 (+3)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (6) (Status, Resources – King of Westeros), Equipment (1)

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(5ep)
Sword: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 3, Critical 19-20, Medium; 4ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +1
Close Attack +2 [Unarmed +0; Sword +3]
Ranged Attack +1

DEFENSES:
Dodge +4 [DC14] Parry +4 [DC14]
Toughness +0, Fortitude +2, Will +4

COMPLICATIONS:
Arrogance: He is extremely arrogant and self-assured
Daddy Issues: Inferences about his parentage will send him into a frenzy
Enemy: The Starks and everyone else who wants his throne
Fame: Being the King of Westeros, he is well-known throughout the Seven Kingdoms
Inexperienced: Being very young and new to ruling, he makes some bad decisions
Motivation: He wants to be known as a powerful, conqueror king
Pain In The Ass: He can be totally insufferable at times and is not popular with subjects, his fiancee, or his inner circle
Responsibility: To rule the Seven Kingdoms from the Iron Throne
Temper: He is a quick, vicious temper which can cause him to make very rash and violent decisions

Abilities 4 + Skills 6 (12 ranks) + Advantages 7 + Powers 0 + Defenses 11 = 28 / 28

Comments: Joffrey is a character that cannot die soon enough for my taste. I don’t even like to hate him, I just HATE him. Joffrey is the “son” of Robert and Cersei (actually, he’s the son of Jaime and Cersei) and he is an obnoxious, spoiled, vindictive, cruel and foolhardy child of a king and it is only through his mother’s, grandfather’s and uncle’s work that he has held onto the throne as long as he has.

He is utterly unsympathetic and a hateful thing and I made this build just so I can kill him repeatedly as that is what he deserves. I have heard that the kid that plays him is so totally opposite that character that people are amazed when he goes into Joffrey mode. He even plans to go to college instead of continuing his acting career when his role is done, which is amazing because he probably will never be as hot of a commodity as he is right now.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:03 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Return to “Roll Call”