J-Mart: Preparing for Relocation... :)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Re: J-Mart 3E PCs: Catman, Punisher, John Preston, Daredevil

Postby Thorpacolypse » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:41 pm

I'll pick up the trade next year when it comes and get the whole deal. I've got too much going on (and too many medical bills to pay, see previous posts about the wife's broken leg) to follow it too closely. I'm lucky to keep the monthly's I have. I've always loved the Marvel New York "street heroes" so I'm sure it rocks.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

ClassDunce
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: J-Mart 3E PCs: Catman, Punisher, John Preston, Daredevil

Postby ClassDunce » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:08 pm

I've never really followed Daredevil I don't know why but to be honest I've never really followed any of the New York Street heroes lol. I mainly stuck to team books growing up, but I subscribed to the Marvel Digital Comics service thing a few months ago and I've been reading through a lot of back titles that I never really picked up before and I started reading some Daredevil. I started at the Kevin Smith Reboot back in '99 and I think that I've read about 8-9 issues so far, I really dug the first arc with Daredevil taking care of the baby that may or may not be the Anti-Christ.

I did not see the Mysterio Twist coming... I hope I didn't spoil that for anyone but it's a ten year old story arc, I think the time for spoiler tags is over. Kevin Smith's narration is a little bit wordy though...
"When they ask how I died, tell them: still angry." - Quellcrist Falconer

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Postby Thorpacolypse » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:37 pm

A Guy Fawkes Night special hits the Aisle 1a shelves!

Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition! The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. [laughs] Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me "V".

V
PL: 10 (150 pp) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 4, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 4, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 4 (+7), Athletics 3 (+7), Deception 10 (+12), Expertise [Tactics] 4 (+8), Insight 5 (+8), Intimidation 8 (+10) [Startle], Investigation 6 (+10) [Well-Informed], Perception 5 (+8), Persuasion 6 (+8), Ranged Combat [Thrown Blades] 4 (+11), Sleight of Hand 3 (+8), Stealth 9 (+12) [Hide in Plain Sight], Technology 5 (+9)

ADVANTAGES: Beginner's Luck, Benefit (1) (No ID), Close Attack (3), Defensive Roll (1), Equipment (6), Extraordinary Effort, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Critical (2) (Unarmed, Knives), Improved Initiative (1), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (2), Startle, Takedown (1), Ultimate Effort (1) (Toughness Save), Well-Informed

POWERS:
Enhanced Physiology: Immunity 2 (Disease, Poison, Flaw: Both Limited); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(30ep)
Armored Costume: Protection 2; 2ep
Arsenal: (18ep)
Tear Gas Grenades: Affliction 4 (1st: dazed and visually impaired, 2nd: stunned and visually disabled, 3rd: incapacitated; resisted by Dodge), Extra: Ranged Area Burst, Range 20ft; 16ep
Dynamite Charges: Ballistic Damage 7, Extra: Area Burst, Triggered, Range 30ft; 1ep
Knives: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Critical 19-20, Split, Small; 1ep
Headquarters: (10ep)
The Shadow Gallery: Size - Huge, Toughness - 10, Features: Concealed, Laboratory, Living Space, Library, Workshop, Holding Cells; 10ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +7
Close Attack +13 [Unarmed +4, Critical 19-20; Knives +5, Critical 18-20]
Ranged Attack +7
Throwing Blades +11 [Knives +5, Critical 18-20]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +13 [DC23] Parry +13 [DC23]
Toughness +7 [Ultimate Effort], Fortitude +6, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Obsession: Taking down the Norsefire regime
Relationships: Evey
Responsibility: To the vox populi

Abilities 70 + Skills 36 (72 ranks) + Advantages 24 + Powers 1 + Defenses 19 = 150 / 150

Comments: How could I let Guy Fawkes Night pass without a posting of V? I have more comments but I must away, my kid has a birthday party to attend!
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

cassius335
Champion
Champion

Re: J-Mart 3E PCs: Happy Guy Fawkes Night! - V

Postby cassius335 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:56 pm

Heh. I've often wondered what would happen if Anarky and this guy went up against each other.

Woodclaw
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Woodclaw » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:06 pm

Damn right, it's the 5th... God bless chaos

"Yes, it's a bloody flying alligator setting fire to my city!"

Sam Vimes (Guards! Guards!)

From a dark corner of my mind (my build's thread)
From another dark corner of my mind (my Deviantart page)

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Jabroniville » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:27 pm

What's funny was that Guy Fawkes, poster-boy for liberal anarchy and anti-leadership, was actually attempting to replace a Protestand King with a Catholic Queen. That's right- he was a religious extremist, and Lawful rather than Chaotic anything. He wanted to restore one Order with another.

And I hear he's the origin source for people being referred to as a "guy"- a perjorative in England, but a neutral term in the U.S.

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby catsi563 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:49 pm

gotta love that speech of his, and Mad props to Hugo Weaving for delivering it with such verscitude and vivaciousness. I have to wonder how mnay takes it took to get it that perfect.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:52 pm

And thus, in honor of the character most excellently portrayed, do we venture into the political, religious and historical. Awe inspiring.

An a pretty durn nice build.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:58 pm

cassius335 wrote:Heh. I've often wondered what would happen if Anarky and this guy went up against each other.

Well, when H&V I comes out, we'll have to put that to the test! 8)

Or I could just build my own Lonnie and see what happens...hmmmm...

Jabroniville wrote:What's funny was that Guy Fawkes, poster-boy for liberal anarchy and anti-leadership, was actually attempting to replace a Protestand King with a Catholic Queen. That's right- he was a religious extremist, and Lawful rather than Chaotic anything. He wanted to restore one Order with another.

And I hear he's the origin source for people being referred to as a "guy"- a perjorative in England, but a neutral term in the U.S.

No factual history here, please, Jabroniville. We believe in the "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance" policy here:

When the legend becomes the truth, print the legend. :wink:

Horsenhero wrote:And thus, in honor of the character most excellently portrayed, do we venture into the political, religious and historical. Awe inspiring.

An a pretty durn nice build.

And that's what we're all about here at J-Mart, Horsenhero. Expanding boundaries, opening up the Pandora's Box of true human dialogue, being a beacon of freedom in world beset by...

Oh, shut up! You just build a character, you didn't rewrite the Constitution!

One step at time, Randal. One step at a time... :twisted:

Oh, lord. Here he goes again. Dante, get his meds...
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

#77, #78

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:51 pm

We're taking a break from the PC builds for a bit and focusing on adding to our Villains Line. Check out this new item on Aisle 2.

Some things just aren't black and white. But apparently, some things are.

MISTER NEGATIVE
PL: 11 (208 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 6 [10], STAMINA 6, AGILITY 6, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 12, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Acrobatics 2 (+8), Athletics 5 (+11), Close Combat [Swords] 1 (+13), Deception 9 (+13), Expertise [Business] 7 (+10), Expertise [Criminal] 9 (+12), Insight 9 (+13), Intimidation 9 (+13) [Startle], Investigation 9 (+12) [Contacts, Well-Informed], Perception 6 (+10), Persuasion 8 (+12) [Connected], Stealth 3 (+9), Treatment 2 (+5), Vehicles 3 (+6)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (4) (Wealth 4 [Multimillionaire]), Clean* (2), Connected, Contacts, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (6), Improved Critical (1) (Swords), Languages (1) (English, Cantonese, Base: Mandarin), Leadership, Power Attack, Ranged Attack (6), Startle, Takedown (1), Well-Informed

POWERS:
Negative Physiology: Feature 1 (Black and White Appearance can grant advantage to interaction effects), Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds), Leaping 1 (15 ft), Speed 2 (8 mph/120 fpr); 6 pts
Negative Energy Array: 20 pt Array; 23 pts
Corrupting Touch: Cumulative Affliction 10 (Resisted/Overcome by Will; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Transformed,); 20 pts
Healing Touch: Healing 10 (Extra: Persistent, Flaw: Others Only); 1 pt
Negative Energy Empowerment: Negative Energy Damage 9 (Extra: Penetrating 9, Quirk: Requires Blade); 1 pt
Strength Boost: Enhanced Strength 4 (25 Tons;); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(30 pts)
Sword: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 3, Dangerous; 4 pts
Knife: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Dangerous; 2 pts
24 pts in Equipment for HQ, Vehicle, etc. as needed

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +12 [Unarmed +6; Boosted Unarmed +10; Knife +7, Critical 19-20; Corrupting Touch Affliction +10]
Sword +13 [Negative Energy Strike +9, Critical 18-20; Katana +9, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +9

DEFENSES:
Dodge +14 [DC24] Parry +14 [DC24]
Toughness +8 (+6 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +10, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Spider-Man.
Involuntary Transformation: When rendered unconscious, he reverts to his Martin Li form. He can only change back under certain conditions or after an extended period as Li.
Rivalry: With The Hood and The Kingpin for control of the New York underworld
Secret Identity: He has a secret identity of Martin Li, a philanthropist. It's debatable whether each personality truly knows of the other. In his Martin Li form, he loses his powers except for Healing and his stats are STR 0, STA 1, AGL 1, FGT 4.

Abilities 88 + Skills 41 (82 ranks) + Advantages 30 + Powers 29 + Defenses 20 = 208 / 208

Build Comments: Mister Negative is a fairly new Spidey villain and one of Marvel’s better new characters over the past few years. He was a pretty easy conversion from my 2E run at him, especially since Affliction is pretty much made for his Corrupting Touch.

As a character, they've handled him pretty well. They haven’t made him overpowered and haven’t thrown him into every arc so he’s getting good run, but not overexposed. His “real” name is Martin Li (that’s not his real name either, he took it from a dead guy), a mild mannered, good natured humanitarian that ran the shelter that Aunt May worked at. However, he has a split personality (sorta) and turns into Mister Negative. It’s a very cool visual set up, with his white words in black word bubbles and his skin and clothes that look like a photo negative. Very nice.

His powers are the manipulation of the similar energy that Cloak and Dagger use, allowing him to charge up weapons with black electrical energy, grants him super strength (variably portrayed, hence the Strength Boost) and gives him the ability to corrupt people, making them his thralls and turning them to their opposite mindset. When he corrupted Spider Man, it turned him into a vicious fighter, almost killing several villains and only snapping out of it when he went to kill Betty Brant. May had been sort of corrupted, where she had been a real…well…bitch. But seeing Peter in true despair after everything that happened to him during The Gauntlet arc snapped her out of it. Nice stuff.

Secret Origins: Martin Li is an illegal Chinese immigrant from the Fujian province who attempted to travel to America to be with his wife. However, his mode of transportation, the Golden Mountain, was a slave ship operated by the Snakehead gang as a way to sell Fujian captives as overseas slaves in Kenya. During a storm, the ship's crew evacuated, leaving the captives alone to make a break for the New York shores. Li was the only survivor and spent the following years building a large fortune and dedicating himself to helping those less fortunate.

However, this story is later revealed to be somewhat false, though only the Mr. Negative persona appears aware of it. It is revealed that Mister Negative was actually one of the crew members of the Golden Mountain and when the ship nearly crashed onto the New York shores, he stole the identity of one of the deceased Fujian slaves, the real Martin Li, who was heading to America for the aforementioned reasons. This gang member was eventually captured by the Maggia Don Silvermane and experimented on with a synthetic drug created by Maggia chemist Simon Marshall that could be more potent than heroin. Both the Martin Li and Mr. Negative personas are the result of experimental drug tests done by Maggia chemist Simon Marshall, the same tests that powered Cloak and Dagger. However, unlike the two heroes, who were each given a power over light and dark, the gang member was given both a light and dark side. He escaped with the help of two other experimental inmates and was soon transformed into two men, the kind-hearted Martin Li and the villainous Mister Negative. The Mister Negative side dedicated himself to becoming Chinatown's Kingpin of Crime.

The Story so Far: Martin Li operated a soup kitchen in Chinatown, the F.E.A.S.T. Project (Food, Emergency Aid, Shelter and Training), where Peter Parker's Aunt May volunteered. Neither Peter nor May are aware of Li's dual identity as a Chinatown crime boss under the name Mister Negative. Despite being a crime lord, Li is a seemingly kind and generous man. The F.E.A.S.T. Project has displayed healing powers for people of various illnesses, although the cause of this healing has yet to be revealed.

Eventually, Mister Negative first comes into conflict with Spider-Man when he makes a power play toward taking control of New York's criminal underworld by attempting to wipe out all existing members of the Karnelli and Maggia crime families using a DNA specific bioweapon called the "Devil's Breath". In exchange for leaving the Maggia families' children alive, he takes a sample of Spider-Man's blood to use in a Devil's Breath formula. Mister Negative later tries to use the Devil's Breath formula to kill Spider-Man during a fight with the Maggia, but Spider-Man is able to hold his breath long enough to escape alive. Spider-Man then recruits the Black Cat to help him steal his remaining blood from Mister Negative and replace it with a vial of pig blood so Mister Negative is unaware of his loss.

After a failed attempt at running for mayor as Martin Li, Mister Negative later recruits Hammerhead and offers to put his brain in a new robotic adamantium skeleton after having been shot point blank in the head by Underworld. Hammerhead agrees to that and Mister Negative has his surgeon Doctor Tramma perform the procedure. Hammerhead has since operated as Negative’s number two.

Martin Li eventually comes across Eddie Brock and gives him a job at his soup kitchen. A touch of him causes Eddie’s cancerous cells to completely disappear. Also, the remains of the Venom symbiote fuse with Brock's white blood cells, causing him to become Anti-Venom during a conflict with Mac Gargan, the then current Venom. Later, Mister Negative and his Inner Demons encounter and battle Anti-Venom. In the aftermath, Brock watches Negative turn into Li, becoming the first to be aware of his dual identity.

During the Norman Obsorn’s Dark Reign, Mister Negative refuses to submit to Hood's rule during his conquest of New York's criminal underworld. During a meeting with Hood's henchman White Dragon, Negative corrupts him and sends him to attack Hood's headquarters. In retaliation, Hood decides to attack and kill him. H.A.M.M.E.R. seals Chinatown on Hood's behalf and an all out brawl erupts around Li's estate. Hood's gang gets the upper hand until Spider-Man arrives to rescue Martin Li. However, he too is corrupted and sent into battle on Mister Negative's behalf. Spider-Man attacks and pummels the members of Hood's gang who are attacking the villain's headquarters and Mister Negative then sends him to kill Betty Brant, who is interviewing the real Martin Li's widow and is coming close to the truth. The Hood himself then confronts Negative at his Chinatown headquarters and battles him.[16] During the battle, Mister Negative tries to corrupt Hood, but fails. Norman Osborn ends H.A.M.M.E.R.'s blockade of Chinatown when Hammerhead hands him papers implicating Oscorp in illegal drug tests on immigrants. An irate Hood decides to kill Negative anyway, but he escapes. Later, Spot slips in and steals back the evidence of Oscorp's tests, revealing that he is actually Mister Negative's mole in the Hood's gang under the promise that he will be cured once they get their revenge on the Maggia.

The Hood and Mister Negative have continued their gang war off and on since and have now been joined by recently returned Kingpin, who looks to take back what was once his: all of New York.

During The Gauntlet storyline, Mister Negative corrupts Spider-Man's Aunt May when she walks in on him punishing an Inner Demon. However, Aunt May manages to break free from Mister Negative's corruption when Peter went to her for moral support after the Lizard devoured Billy Connors and essentially 'killed' his human side.

Characterization: "Martin Li" has two separate and distinct personalities. While both of his personas view the balance of good and evil as a necessary part of the universe, each embodies the two different sides. Martin Li is a kind hearted philanthropist and Mister Negative is a ruthless gang lord. The two halves, while fully aware of one another's existence, take no steps to interfere with one another.

Friends and Foes: He is usually accompanied by his by several henchmen, known as his Inner Demons, who wear Dragon-style masks and use high tech electrified versions of swords, knuckles and various other oriental weaponry such as gun staffs and Nunchakus. They are able to regenerate from even the most lethal wounds within a matter of seconds, as they've been shown almost immediately recovering from impalement, gunshots to the head, and even getting torn apart or decapitated.

He has a great enmity towards Spider-Man and has been involved with a turf war with The Hood and The Kingpin for several weeks now.

Clean Up 8/15/13: Mister Negative gets an major overhaul and the Superior Thorpacoverse treatment.

Here are his Inner Demons:

INNER DEMONS
PL: 4 (62 pts) - OPL: 4 ; DPL: 4

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 4, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Acrobatics 2 (+4), Athletics 2 (+4), Deception 3 (+3), Expertise [Criminal] 3 (+4), Insight (+1), Intimidation 4 (+4), Perception 1 (+2), Stealth 3 (+5), Vehicles 1 (+3)

ADVANTAGES: Diehard, Equipment (4), Interpose, Ranged Attack (2)

POWERS:
Hard to Kill: Regeneration 8 (8/every 10 rounds); 8 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(20 pts)
Heavy Machine Pistol: Ranged Multiattack Ballistic Damage 4; 12 pts
Arsenal: (5 pts)
Electrified Nunchakus: Electric Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 2, Disarming, Impressive; 5 pts
OR
Electrified Katana: Electric Slashing Strength-Based Damage 2, Dangerous; 4 pts
OR
Electrified Kama: Electric Slashing Strength-based Damage 2, Dangerous; 4 pts
OR
Electrified Bo Staff: Electric Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 2, Double, Reach (5 ft.); 5 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +4 [Unarmed +2; Electrified Katana +4, Critical 19-20; Electrified Nunchakus +4; Electrified Kama +4, Critical 19-20; Electrified Bo Staff +4]
Ranged Attack +4 [Machine Pistol +4, Multiattack]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +5 [DC15] Parry +5 [DC15]
Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +3

COMPLICATIONS:
Responsibility: To serve Mister Negative

Abilities 28 + Skills 10 (20 ranks) + Advantages 8 + Powers 8 + Defenses 8 = 62 / 62

Comments: These are Mister Negatives’ top minions and enforcers, the Inner Demons. They are basically higher level thugs with a healing factor. Their weapons glow, but don’t seem to have any special abilities so I just statted them as normal weapons.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:08 pm

Our first UNDER THE HOOD SPECIAL in 3E hits the Aisle 2 shelves.

THE HOOD 4.0
PL: 9 (163 pp) - OPL: 9 ; DPL: 9

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Acrobatics 2 (+5), Athletics 5 (+7), Deception 8 (+12) [Taunt], Expertise [Arcana] 4 (+7) [Ritualist], Expertise [Streetwise] 12 (+15), Insight 8 (+11), Intimidation 6 (+10), Investigation 8 (+11) [Contacts, Well-Informed], Perception 7 (+10), Persuasion 9 (+13) [Connected], Ranged Combat [Firearms] 6 (+12), Sleight of Hand 3 (+7), Stealth 5 (+8), Technology 4 (+7), Vehicles 3 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (3) (Wealth 3), Close Attack (2), Connected, Contacts, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (1), Equipment (6), Improved Critical (1) (Firearms), Improved Initiative (1), Inspire (2), Leadership, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (2), Ritualist, Set-Up, Taunt, Teamwork, Well-Informed

POWERS:
The New Tech Hood: 16 pts traits, Removable (-3 pts); 13 pts
Under the Hood: Protection 2, Enhanced Dodge 2, Enhanced Parry 2; 6 pts
Cape Gliding: Flight 2 (8 mph; Flaw: Gliding); 2 pts
Cloaking: Concealment 4 (All Visual Senses); 8 pts

Tech Boots: 4 pts traits, Removable (-1 pts); 3 pts
Nisanti Boot Mimicry: Speed 2 (8 mph), Leaping 2 (30 ft); 4 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(30ep)
Cell Phone, Standard: Feature 1, Diminutive; 1ep
Arsenal: (13ep)
Twin Heavy Machine Pistol: Ballistic Ranged Damage 4, Extra: Multiattack, Split; 100 ft range, Medium; 13ep
16ep as needed for vehicle, HQ, weapons as needed

OFFENSE:
Initiative +7
Close Attack +8 [Unarmed +2]
Ranged Attack +6
Firearms +12 [Machine Pistols +4, Critical 19-20,Multiattack]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +6, Fortitude +5, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Kingpin, Mister Negative, Wolverine
Greed: He wants all the money and power he can get
Relationships: Madame Masque, his child, John King

Abilities 56 + Skills 45 (90 ranks) + Advantages 29 + Powers 16 + Defenses 17 = 163 / 163

Comments: I really became a fan of The Hood over the past couple of years. One thing I didn’t like was the way his powers kept changing. First he just had the Nisanti Hood and Boots where he was able to become invisible and air walking. Then it turned out the hood was possessed by Dormammu so then he was able to turn into a demon and has all kinds of mystic powers. Then Dr. Strange and Dr. Voodoo exorcised him and he lost those powers. So Loki gave him the Norn Stones where gave him more mystic powers. And those have been taken away so he's de-powered again and apparently stuck in The Raft again.

So instead of rebelling against this trend, I decided to add to it before Marvel does! For my version, I made him Hood 4.0, where his Hood and Boots are powers by tech created by Madame Masque (coming soon) that generally mimic his initial powers. His main ability remains is his street savvy, which is one of the reasons I have grown to dig him over the years. He knows the criminal mind, he knows the streets and he knows how to get people to do what he wants. And he delivers more often than not.

In the Thorpacoverse, as noted above, he is still running a large mob of supervillains (mostly jobbers) and trying to run the New York underworld which has put him in a gang war with Mister Negative and The Kingpin.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:34 pm

A new item in our Minions Line hits the Aisle 2 shelves.

The evil of ancient times combined with today's tech. This should really help their recruitment.

THE HAND
PL: 5 (74 pts) - OPL: 5 ; DPL: 5

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 5, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Acrobatics 5 (+8), Athletics 6 (+8), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+7), Expertise [Ninja] 7 (+7), Insight 2 (+3), Intimidation 5 (+5), Perception 3 (+4), Sleight of Hand 3 (+6), Stealth 5 (+8/+13)

ADVANTAGES: Defensive Roll (1), Equipment (3), Interpose, Ranged Attack (4)

POWERS:
Mystic Ninjas: Feature 1 (Bodies of the slain/incapacitated always disappear at end of scene); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(15 pts)
Ninja Garb: Feature 1 (+5 Stealth in Chosen Environment [Night]); 1 pt
Climbing Claws: Movement 1 (Wall-Crawling, Flaw: Limited to surfaces where claws can get purchase); 1 pt
Smoke Bomb: Enhanced Advantage 1 (Hide in Plain Sight); 1 pts
Shuriken: Ranged Multiattack Piercing Damage 1; 3 pts
Ninjato: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 2, Dangerous, Feature 1 (Multi-Purpose Tool); 4 pts
OR
Nunchakus: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 2, Disarming, Impressive; 4 pts
OR
Chain: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 2, Grabbing, Reach [5 ft.], Tripping; 5 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +5 [Katanas +5, Critical 19-20 OR Nunchakus +4 OR Chain +4]
Unarmed +7 [Unarmed +2]
Ranged Attack +7 [Shuriken +1, Multiattack]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +7 [DC17] Parry +7 [DC17]
Toughness +3 (+2 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +5, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: The Chaste, Wolverine, Elektra (sometimes), Daredevil (sometimes), many others
Responsibility: To the code of The Hand and to their leaders at the time

Abilities 32 + Skills 19 (38 ranks) + Advantages 9 + Powers 1 + Defenses 13 = 74 / 74

Build Comments: I’m a self diagnosed ninja-holic so it was a only matter of time until I whipped up The Hand.

Secret Origins: The story of The Hand begins 800 years ago, in feudal Japan. Seeking autonomy from the oppressive class system of the time, a few citizens fled into the mountainous regions of Iga and Kōga. There they developed ninjitsu, a stealthy martial art perhaps inspired by Sun Tzu's The Art of War. Over a period of centuries, they refined their art in secluded camps. Students trained and practiced the art from birth, playing children's games designed to impart expertise in unarmed combat, swordplay, weaponry, camouflage, escape, and evasion. Ninjitsu was also designed to encourage spiritual growth by pushing oneself physically and mentally beyond normal human limits. The ninja were experts in espionage and assassination, and offered their specialized services to samurai warlords and others who could afford them.

Masters of every form of subterfuge, the ninja were the most efficient and deadly warriors on the face of the Earth and became feared throughout Japan. Hearsay gave rise to the myth that ninja were the spawn of the Tengu, and that their divinity gave them extraordinary abilities. These myths were likely spread by the ninja themselves. However, it would seem that an ancient ninja clan known as the Snakeroot can and does trace their bloodline back to these demons.

In 1588, Kagenobu Yoshioka became sensei of the Ishiyama Sword School located in the Japanese village of Kyushua. Facing growing frustrations with the corrupt government that had been tainted by foreign influence, Yoshioko transformed the school into a training ground for samurais whose goal was to put power back in the hands of the Japanese people. Thus, the Hand was born. Just as a hand has five fingers, members of the inner circle of the Hand were leaders of organizations which each operated from one of Japan's five islands.

Upon the mutinous murder of Yoshioka, the Snakeroot ninja clan took control of the Hand and corrupted it by imposing the cult of a demon known as The Beast, which imparted them with dark magic. One of these black spells causes a Hand ninja's lifeless body to return to dust and prevent another from directly gazing at the Beast itself. Unlike the other factions of ninja, this “new” Hand both worked as mercenaries and sought power themselves. The Hand sought dominance over all others, worked for allies of convenience while seeking to eliminate their enemies.

The Story so Far: After the end of World War II, a select few of the more politically oriented members of the Hand formed the original HYDRA as a cabal of Japanese ultranationalists who plotted to overthrow the Japanese government, assassinate the prime minister, and install a right-wing anti-communist government, which would rearm Japan. Shortly upon joining HYDRA, Baron Strucker seized control of the organization from its Japanese founders and slowly steered the organization towards the goal of world domination. The Hand and HYDRA have nevertheless collaborated in numerous subversive or criminal conspiracies over the years.

The Hand has survived into the early 21st century, still seeking power in various forms, and using their lethal skills and brutal methods. The Hand's most dangerous adversary is The Chaste, a band of warriors once led by Stick, the late, blind martial arts master and former mentor of Matt Murdock, who grew to become the costumed crime-fighter Daredevil.

They are currently led in America by The Kingpin. Their current leader in Japan is unknown at this time.

Characterization: The ultimate mystic ninjas.

Friends and Foes: They have allied with HYDRA and other criminal organizations from time to time and have counted numerous superheroic and supervillainous members among their number or their leader including Daredevil, Elektra, Wolverine, The Gorgon, Lady Shiva, Lady Bullseye, Silver Samurai, Bronze Tiger, Jason Todd and The Kingpin, their current leader in America.

Clean Up 10/27/12: Took The Hand up a PL.

Clean Up 7/8/13: Added some Mass Combat for Marvel's premier ninja clan.

THE HAND MASS COMBAT

CORPS: ATTACK 16, DAMAGE 18, DEFENSE 2, TOUGHNESS 15, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE 1
DIVISION: ATTACK 15, DAMAGE 17, DEFENSE 2, TOUGHNESS 14, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE 1
BRIGADE: ATTACK 14, DAMAGE 16, DEFENSE 2, TOUGHNESS 13, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE 1
REGIMENT: ATTACK 13, DAMAGE 15, DEFENSE 2, TOUGHNESS 12, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE 1
REGIMENT: ATTACK 12, DAMAGE 14, DEFENSE 2, TOUGHNESS 11, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE 1
BATALLION: ATTACK 11, DAMAGE 13, DEFENSE 2, TOUGHNESS 10, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE 1
BATALLION: ATTACK 10, DAMAGE 12, DEFENSE 2, TOUGHNESS 9, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE 1
COMPANY: ATTACK 9, DAMAGE 11, DEFENSE 2, TOUGHNESS 8, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE 1
COMPANY: ATTACK 8, DAMAGE 10, DEFENSE 2, TOUGHNESS 7, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE 1
PLATOON: ATTACK 7, DAMAGE 9, DEFENSE 2, TOUGHNESS 6, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE 1
PLATOON: ATTACK 6, DAMAGE 8, DEFENSE 2, TOUGHNESS 5, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE 1
SQUAD: ATTACK 5, DAMAGE 7, DEFENSE 2, TOUGHNESS 4, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE 1
SQUAD: ATTACK 4, DAMAGE 6, DEFENSE 2, TOUGHNESS 3, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE 1
BASE: ATTACK 2, DAMAGE 4, DEFENSE 2, TOUGHNESS 1, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE 1
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:24 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:20 am

Another new item in our Villains Line hits the Aisle 2 shelves.

Chicago seems like a nice town. Think I'll take it.

MIDNIGHT'S FIRE
PL: 10 (150 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 5, STAMINA 6, AGILITY 6, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 12, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 6 (+12), Athletics 6 (+11), Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+15), Deception 6 (+8), Expertise [Streetwise] 7 (+10), Insight 3 (+5), Intimidation 8 (+10), Investigation 4 (+7) [Well-Informed], Perception 3 (+5), Persuasion 6 (+8), Stealth 2 (+8)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (3) (Wealth 3 [Millionaire]), Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (2), Improved Critical (1) (Unarmed), Improved Initiative (1), Improved Trip, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack (2), Takedown (1), Well-Informed

POWERS:
Universal Wellspring Physique: Immunity 4 (Aging, Intoxication, Disease, Poisons [Limited]), Enhanced Advantages 2 (Diehard, Great Endurance), Speed 2 (8 mph/120 fpr), Leaping 1 (15 ft), Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds); 10 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +10
Close Attack +12
Unarmed +15 [Unarmed +5, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +7

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +8, Fortitude +9, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Night Thrasher, Nightwing
Motivation: Becoming the top gang lord in Chicago
Rivalry: With his sister Silhouette and the current top gang lord of Chicago, John Marcone

Abilities 82 + Skills 27 (54 ranks) + Advantages 15 + Powers 10 + Defenses 16 = 150 / 150

Build Comments: So I have never read anything with Midnight’s Fire in it, but from the Wikis, he seemed pretty cool, so he gets some early run here in the Thorpacoverse.

As I've mentioned before, with a combined universe, New York would be WAY overrun with heroes and villains from all the major companies, TV series, movies, etc. that are set in New York. Talk about East Coast bias! So I am shifting some of the characters to other cities in the Thorpacoverse that need some super love. In this case, I am shifting Midnight's Fire to Harry Dresden's city, Chicago. I figured Harry needed some more to deal with besides all the usual supernatural mayhem there and the current crime king of Chicago, John Marcone (from the Dresden Files books, if you didn't know). And Marcone needs to challenges, too, IMHO.

Don't worry, Harry and his crew will get some superhero help as well since the First Law of Magic (cannot use magic to kill, again, from the Dresden Files series) will cause countless complications for them with some of the villain crew I'll be bringing in.

Secret Origins: Years ago, an American recon patrol in Cambodia stumbled upon the ancient, hidden temple of a cult known as the Dragon's Breadth, which had remained hidden for centuries. It had been built upon a well-spring of raw, primal energy called the "Well of All Things”, now known as the Universal Wellspring. The inhabitants decided to breed a superior race that would one day unite with the ways of the west. They believed that this union would produce children capable of harnessing the power of the Well. The members of the recon patrol were to be the fathers of these children, one of these men was Andrew Chord, the man who would become Aaron and Silhouette Chord's father. Their mother would be Miyami, the daughter of Tai.

Aaron, who took the name Midnight's Fire when he became a vigilante, developed physical attributes at the peak of human possibility, enhanced speed, strength, agility, and sensory perception on par with super soldiers like Captain America.

The Story so Far: Silhouette and Midnight's Fire were operating as independent vigilantes in the streets of New York City when they met Dwayne Taylor, who would become Night Thrasher and Andrew’s ward, and the three began an organized effort to take down various New York City street gangs. Their partnership ended when Silhouette was shot and paralyzed from the legs down in a sting gone bad. Midnight's Fire blamed Dwayne and snapped. He became a cop killer and a druglord in order to lure Dwayne into a physical confrontation he could not possibly win. Later the partially paralyzed Silhouette reunited with Dwayne, distancing herself from her brother's evil actions.

Diego Cassias, one of the other members of the recon patrol now calling himself the Left Hand, stole the power of the Well from his own child, then gathered the other children of the pact including Midnight's Fire into a group called the Folding Circle. The Circle attempted to take control of the Well away from Tai. Members of the Circle, together with the New Warriors, managed to defeat Tai, but the Well was sealed, Cassias and Tai were apparently killed, and the surviving members of the Circle escaped. The remaining members of the Folding Circle later turned up in Madripoor and attempted to usurp the role of local druglord, which was then held by Aardwolf, a Mutant crimelord. They succeeded, but were later taken down by Night Thrasher and Silhouette.

Characterization: Midnight’s Fire is a strange mix of honor, rage, ambition and contrition. Part of him feels great guilt at some of what he’s done, yet he feels driven to succeed now that he has chosen the path of the gang lord.

He is also an unparalleled martial artist. The combination of these traits made him a deadly threat in combat to normal humans like Night Thrasher. The threat of a physical confrontation with Midnight's Fire was one of the main reasons that Dwayne Taylor created his body armor.

Friends and Foes: He and his sister Silhouette remain estranged because of the path he’s chosen, but he still loves her dearly. Since Night Thrasher has returned, the two of them have reserved their rivalry. Also, due to his opposition of his advancement, he has a rivalry with John Marcone and has had several run-ins with Nightwing since his move to Chicago.

Clean Up 9/21/13: Fixed up Midnight's Fire for the Thorpacoverse.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:55 am

The Villains Line additions just keep on coming at J-Mart.

Heh-heh-heh...Joystick...

JOYSTICK
PL: 10 (150 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 7, STAMINA 7, AGILITY 8, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 9, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 7 (+15) [Accelerated Acrobatics, Agile Feint], Athletics 6 (+13), Close Combat [Batons] 2 (+11), Deception 8 (+10), Expertise [Criminal] 4 (+5), Expertise [Streetwise] 4 (+5), Insight (+1), Intimidation 3 (+5), Perception 2 (+3), Persuasion (+2), Ranged Combat [Throwing] 6 (+11), Sleight of Hand 2 (+7), Stealth 3 (+11), Technology 3 (+4)

ADVANTAGES: Accelerated Acrobatics*, Agile Feint, Defensive Attack, Evasion (1), Improved Defense, Improved Initiative (2), Move-by Action, Redirect, Takedown (1), Uncanny Dodge

POWERS:
Super-Speed: Speed 6 (120 mph/1800 fpr), Quickness 6, Enhanced Advantages 3 (Improved Initiative 2, Uncanny Dodge); 15 pts
Energy Batons: 13 pt traits, Easily Removable (-6 pts); 7 pts
Baton Strike: Bludgeoning Strength-based Damage 2 (Extra: Dangerous, Penetrating 7); 10 pts
Baton Thrown: Bludgeoning Ranged Strength-based Damage 2 (Extra: Ricochet 2); 1 pt
Baton Blast: Ranged Affliction 5 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated); 1 pt
Datalink: Comprehend 2 (Speak, Understand Computers); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +16
Close Attack +9 [Unarmed +7]
Energy Batons +11 [Energy Batons +9, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +7
Energy Baton Ranged +11 [Energy Baton Thrown +9, Critical 19-20; Energy Baton Blast +5]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +13 [DC23] Parry +11 [DC21]
Toughness +7, Fortitude +9, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Scarlet Spider (Ben Reilly), Speed Demon
Thrills: She is a total hedonist and craves excitement and often commits crimes or does inappropriate things just for the thrill of it

Abilities 80 + Skills 25 (50 ranks) + Advantages 8 + Powers 22 + Defenses 15 = 150 / 150

Build Comments: Really dug Joystick in the limited stuff I’ve read with her in it. Some may not be familiar with Joystick, but she rocks, especially as a bad girl gone good, then bad again, which did one a great Thunderbolts arc. She was a former Marvel villain who became a Thunderbolts member, then turned on the team (shocker). Now, of course, you expect The Thunderbolts to do that sort of thing, but the way she did and her reasons were very well written, even if the overall plot was the usual implausible “cosmic game” thing comic writers do with characters like the Grandmaster and such.

She started out a Spidey villain and as such, she has some of the usual powerset that allows people to hang with him: enhanced strength, speed and a gimmick power, her Joysticks.

Heh, heh, heh...Joysticks... :mrgreen:

Secret Origins: Virtually nothing is known of the past of Janice before she first appeared as Joystick, including the origin and nature of her apparent superhuman powers. When she was much younger, her father, a gambler, taught her his philosophy to 'always have a card to play'. She then used this philosophy to great advantage when she helped a mobster rob her father to save her own life. Later, she was a student at the University of Arizona, living a life she later considered to be a bore. After her sophomore year, something happened to change her, apparently resulting in her death; in her "new life," she became determined to live life on the edge, and began taking extreme risks. She then disappeared for three years before reappearing as Joystick.

The Story so Far: Joystick then joined the Crimson Cowl's Masters of Evil. She was one of the Masters ambushed and stripped by the Thunderbolts as part of their plan to infiltrate the Cowl's base. She bounced around from job to job, whatever sounded thrilling and challenging at the time, and eventually joined the new Thunderbolts. She didn't get along well with the rest of the group, and was revealed to be working for the Grandmaster. She attacked Speed Demon, showing that she possessed superhuman speed similar to his. It was revealed that the Grandmaster's plot was for Joystick to steal Zemo's Moonstones.

Characterization: Janice is a thrill-seeker and loves to get in trouble just because. She also loves a challenge, which is why she often tries to completely destroy her opponents mentally as well as physically.

Friends and Foes: Whoever can give her the best time when she wants it. She’s currently working out of Chicago with Midnight’s Fire mainly because she has a thing for Nightwing.

Clean Up 6/7/12: Joystick goes up to PL10 and she came out at playable points, even though I don't consider her a true PC.

Clean Up 8/15/14: Had to do some clean up to Janice while getting her Thorpacoverse ready.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:38 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: J-Mart 3E: Mr. Negative, The Hood, The Hand

Postby Horsenhero » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:54 am

For some info on Midnight's Fire, check out the original New Warriors run. He was Night Thrashers' arch-nemesis.

And Joystick? Who couldn't love Joystick? Really, her secret Id is Janice Yaniseski. There aren't enough Yaniseski's in the world of Super-humans.

Return to “Roll Call”