J-Mart: Preparing for Relocation... :)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Re: J-Mart 3E: Mr. Negative, The Hood, The Hand

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:37 pm

Horsenhero wrote:For some info on Midnight's Fire, check out the original New Warriors run. He was Night Thrashers' arch-nemesis.

And Joystick? Who couldn't love Joystick? Really, her secret Id is Janice Yaniseski. There aren't enough Yaniseski's in the world of Super-humans.
That's Janice Olivia Yanieseski, even. They had to get some Joystick pun into her name somehow, which you would think comics would have grown out of by the time she was introduced.

It's still far more subtle than Blackagar Boltagon by a LONGSHOT. :wink:
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:43 pm

A new addition to our JOB SQUAD Line hits the Aisle 2 shelves.

Beating up superheroes is one thing, but I'm not sure about the message he's sending by holding that six-pack...

BLOODSHED
PL: 8 (95 pp) - OPL: 8 ; DPL: 8

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 8, STAMINA 7, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Acrobatics 3 (+5), Athletics 3 (+11), Expertise [Streetwise] 4 (+4), Insight 3 (+4), Perception 4 (+5), Stealth 3 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Close Attack (1), Improved Initiative (1), Improved Grab, Power Attack, Ranged Attack (2), Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Enhanced Physique: Leaping 1 (15 ft), Impervious 3 (5 ranks); 6 pts
Bloodshed Armor: 11 pts traits, Removable (-2 pts); 9 pts
Body Armor: Protection 3, Impervious 2 (3 ranks); 6 pts, Bloodshed Blades: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1 (Extra: Split, Subtle, Improved Critical); 5 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +7 [Unarmed +8; Bloodshed Blades +9, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +4

DEFENSES:
Dodge +6 [DC16] Parry +6 [DC16]
Toughness +10 (+5 Impervious), Fortitude +9, Will +4

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Spider-Man, even though Spidey doesn't really see it since he's pretty much a super strong mook
Greed: He wants power and money
Relationships: His brother Ricky

Abilities 52 + Skills 10 (20 ranks) + Advantages 9 + Powers 15 + Defenses 9 = 95 / 95

Comments: Give it up for another jobber, Bloodshed. He’s gotten a little run recently in The Hood’s crew. He's another powerhouse who had a couple of run-ins with Spidey before turning up as part of Parker's crew. But I want to partner him with another superhuman crime lord, shifting him to work with Midnight's Fire as he builds his base in Chicago.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:39 pm

We have a new item in our Dresdenverse line hitting the shelves and it's a J-Mart Favorite.

"Tiny...but fierce." - Sanya Knight of the Cross, referring to one Karrin Murphy

KARRIN MURPHY
PL: 8 (122 pts) - OPL: 8 ; DPL: 8

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 1 (+5), Athletics 6 (+7), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+12), Deception 3 (+5), Expertise [Cop] 6 (+8), Expertise [Supernatural] 3 (+5), Insight 6 (+9), Intimidation 3 (+5), Investigation 7 (+9) [Well-Informed], Perception 6 (+9), Persuasion (+2), Ranged Combat [Guns] 4 (+11), Stealth 5 (+9), Vehicles 4 (+8)

ADVANTAGES: Defensive Strike* (1), Defensive Roll (1), Equipment (5), Grabbing Finesse, Improved Aim, Improved Critical (1) (Unarmed), Improved Disarm, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative (1), Improved Trip, Leadership, Martial Strike* (1), Precise Attack (1) (Ranged, Cover), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (3), Takedown (1), Well-Informed

POWERS:
Worthy: Feature 1 (Murphy can use any of the Swords of the Cross to its fullest capabilities); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(25 pts)
Undercover Vest: Protection 3, Limited to Ballistic Damage, Subtle; 3 pts
Knife: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Dangerous; 2 pts
SIG Pistol: Ranged Multiattack Ballistic Damage 3; 9 pts
Vehicles: (11 pts)
Motorcycle: Size - M, Strength - 1, Speed - 6, Def - 10, Tough - 8; 10 pts
Mid-Size Car: Size - L, Strength - 5, Speed - 5, Def - 8, Tough - 8; 1 pt

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8
Close Attack +10 [Knife +2, Critical 19-20]
Unarmed +12 [Unarmed +1]
Ranged Attack +7
Guns +11 [SIG Pistol +3, Multiattack]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +3 (+2 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +6, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Rudolph, Marcone (to a degree).
Relationships: Harry Dresden, Kincaid (kinda), her mother.
Responsibility: To serve and protect the city and citizens of Chicago.
Underestimated: Because of her small stature, bigger opponents tend to underestimate her. BIG mistake…

Abilities 56 + Skills 28 (56 ranks) + Advantages 23 + Powers 1 + Defenses 14 = 122 / 122

Comments: Murph rocks. Karrin Murphy is the head of the Chicago PD Special Investigations Department (S.I.) in the Dresdenverse. At the beginning of the series, she is one of the few who believes that Harry is the real deal whereas most of her unit and the city at large thinks he’s a charlatan. Oh, how wrong they are, we quickly learn.

As the books progress, their relationship changes from a pretty much purely professional relationship to where they pretty much become best friends and they come to depend on each other for support outside of the realm of dealing with supernatural baddies. I hold out hope that they’ll end up together at some point, but so far, Butcher is keeping them apart. Probably best considering that most relationships in books and TV where there’s a lot of romantic tension between characters is a good thing that usually cripples the series (see Moonlighting, Friends and countless others) once they finally get together.

As a character and build, she’s a street level badass. She’s a black belt in several martial arts, an award winning markswoman and a great cop. Considering she’s gone toe-to-toe with vampires, evil wizards, a 1000 lb. werewolf and Dresden himself (in training and in a couple of misunderstanding situations), I almost made her an undercapped PL10, but I’ll hold off on that for a while.

Clean Up 4/27/12: Murph gets a review. I altered things so she is only a PL8 if she is wearing her bulletproof vest, which she doesn't very often, only when they are going on a big raid or something.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:46 pm

Our Dresdenverse line continues to expand with this new item!

"The forgotten Greek god of body cologne..." - Harry referring to Thomas Raith

THOMAS RAITH
PL: 9 (169 pts) - OPL: 9 ; DPL: 9

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 4 [6], STAMINA 5 [7], AGILITY 4 [6], DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 9, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Acrobatics 5 (+9/+11), Athletics 5 (+9/+11), Deception 5 (+8/+13) [Attractive 2, Daze], Expertise [Hairdresser] 4 (+5), Expertise [History] 4 (+5), Expertise [Magic] 4 (+5), Insight 4 (+5), Intimidation 4 (+7), Investigation 4 (+5), Perception 6 (+7), Persuasion 2 (+5/+10) [Attractive 2], Ranged Combat [Firearms] 2 (+9), Stealth 3 (+7/+9), Vehicles 2 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Attractive (2), Benefit (3) (Status – Venatori, Wealth 2 [Independently Wealthy]), Close Attack 1, Daze (1) (Deception), Equipment (6), Evasion 1, Extraordinary Effort, Power Attack, Ranged Attack (2), Seize Initiative, Takedown (1)

POWERS:
White Court Vampire Physiology: Immunity 2 (Aging, Disease), Leaping 1 (15 ft), Speed 1 (4 mph); 4 pts
White Court Vampire Lust: Ranged Affliction 8 (Resisted/Overcome by Will; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Compelled, Extra: Subtle, Flaw: Limited to 2 degrees); 9 pts
White Court Vampire Feeding: 9 pt Array; 10 pts
Lust Feeding: Weaken Presence 8 (Resisted by Will; Extra: Subtle); 9 pts
Kiss of Death: Weaken Stamina 9 (Resisted by Will; Flaw: Grab-based, Distracting); 1 pt

White Court Vampire Battle Fury: Enhanced Strength 2, Enhanced Stamina 2, Enhanced Agility 2, Enhanced Dodge 2, Enhanced Parry 2, Enhanced Advantages 5 (All-Out Attack, Close Attack 1, Evasion 1, Extraordinary Effort, Seize Initiative), Enhanced Speed 1 (8 mph), Enhanced Leaping 1 (30 ft), Regeneration 5 (1/every other round), (Flaw: All Sustained); 28 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(30 pts)
Cavalry Saber: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 2, Dangerous; 3 pts
Arsenal: (13 pts)
Heavy Machine Pistol: Ranged Multiattack Ballistic Damage 4; 12 pts
Sawed Off Shotgun: Buckshot Ranged Ballistic Damage 5; Accurate 1, Flaw: Limited to +3 damage against targets with any increase in natural Toughness Save, Diminished Range (10/25/50); 1 pt
Vehicle: (10 pts)
The Water Beetle: Size - H, Strength -10, Speed - 5, Def - 6, Tough - 9; 9 pts
Hummer: Size - H, Strength - 9, Speed - 5, Def - 6, Tough - 10; 1 pt

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +9 [Unarmed +4; Calvary Saber +6, Critical 19-20]
Battle Fury Close Attack +10 [Unarmed +6; Calvary Saber +8, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +7
Firearms +9 [Sawed Off Shotgun +5; Machine Pistol +4, Multiattack]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +9 (+11 with Battle Fury) [DC19/21] Parry +9 (+11 with Battle Fury) [DC19/21]
Toughness +5 (+7 with Battle Fury), Fortitude +6 (+8 with Battle Fury), Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
Addiction: Thomas is driven indulge his hunger to feed on human life force by the "demon" that lives inside him. The more he draws on his power, the hungrier his demon becomes and the harder it is for him to resist.
Doing Good: Despite his inner demons and White Court upbringing, has a strong desire to do good things.
Relationships: Harry, Justine, and despite some of their issue, the rest of the Raith family, especially Inari.
Responsibility: To his Raith family, whether he really wants to or not.
Secret: To some, who is brother is, and to others, his means of support.
Weakness: As a White Court vampire, Thomas must feed on a regular basis or become weakened and eventually die of starvation. This is never more apparent than after he comes out of a Battle Fury or when he is injured.
Vulnerable: All White Court vampires are vulnerable to the touch of real love which burns them at the touch and can kill them if they have enough exposure.

Abilities 60 + Skills 28 (56 ranks) + Advantages 18 + Powers 51 + Defenses 12 = 169 / 169

Comments: Here’s a playable take on Thomas Raith, from the Dresden Files series. He is introduced in the book Grave Peril and eventually becomes part of Harry’s inner circle. I won’t spoil the process, but by the later books, he’s one of the few people Harry comes to depend on the most. He initially comes off as a vapid, rich, spoiled drunken member of the White Court of Vampires, who are the least physically powerful of the vampires in the Dresdenverse, originally sent to the Red Court ball where he is introduced as more or less by sent to the party by father, Lord Raith, as an insult to the hostess. He helps Harry out of the scrape and their relationship goes from there.

Now even though the White Court Vampires are not the most physically imposing vampires, he is a good fighter and all of the White Court vampires have an ability to boost up their abilities for a short while, allowing them to be fearsome combatants but are tired afterwards until they feed. The White Court vampires feed on emotion, not blood, which makes they less gruesome, but equally, if not more frightening than their blood sucking "cousins".

Thomas’ main ability is that he is ungodly handsome, like “the forgotten Greek god of body cologne” that Harry has called him. As such, he gets two ranks of Attractive. He doesn’t get the greatest charisma because he seems to share Harry’s ability to make people want to kill him. But women are nuts about him and when he goes into feeding mode, he is nearly impossible for women to refuse, hence the Emotion Control.

Clean Up 1/26/12: After finally finishing Cold Days, I finally got motivated to fix this one up a bit.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

#86, #87

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:56 pm

This new addition to our Villains Line keeps our Dresdenverse run on track.

I'm offering you this one last time, Dresden. Come work for me.

JOHN MARCONE
PL: 7 (155 pp) - OPL: 7 ; DPL: 7

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 4, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 5

SKILLS: Athletics 5 (+7), Deception 8 (+13) [Skill Mastery], Expertise [Arcana] 4 (+8), Expertise [Business] 6 (+10), Expertise [Streetwise] 8 (+12), Insight 8 (+13) [Assessment, Skill Mastery], Intimidation 5 (+10) [Daze, Startle], Investigation 8 (+12) [Contacts, Well-Informed], Perception 5 (+10), Persuasion 7 (+12) [Connected], Ranged Combat [Firearms] 2 (+7), Stealth (+2), Technology 2 (+6), Vehicles 2 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Assessment, Benefit (6) (Status – Mob Kingpin of Chicago, Status 2 – Unseelie Lord, Wealth 3), Clean* (2), Connected, Contacts, Daze (1) (Intimidation), Equipment (7), Improved Initiative (1), Ranged Attack (2), Inspire (1), Leadership, Sidekick (16) [Hendricks], Skill Mastery (2) (Deception, Insight), Startle, Well-Informed

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(35ep)
Undercover Shirt: Protection 2, Limited to Ballistic Damage, Subtle; 2ep
33ep as needed for vehicles, weapons, HQ, etc.

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +6 [Unarmed +2]
Ranged Attack +5
Firearms +7

DEFENSES:
Dodge +9 [DC19] Parry +9 [DC19]
Toughness +4 (+6 against Ballistics), Fortitude +5, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Harry Dresden (kinda), rival mob bosses
Honor: He does have a code of honor and always holds up his end of deals. He refuses to harm innocents and has a strict code against harming children
Relationships: With "Jane Doe"

Abilities 60 + Skills 35 (70 ranks) + Advantages 44 + Powers 0 + Defenses 16 = 155 / 155

Comments: John Marcone is the top mob boss in Chicago in the Dresdenverse and he is one scary mofo. Because he is the calm assassin. He carries out his business in a serene manner, rarely letting his emotions show and he is meticulous in his dealings. His desire for power is well known and because of his dealings with Dresden and the magical world overall, he has even taken a position as Freeholding Lord and Baron of Chicago under the Unseelie Accords, meaning he has a high standing in the magical world, even though he has no magical abilities. At least that we know of yet.

Even though he is generally considered a villain and an antagonist of Dresden's (mainly because Dresden Soulgazed him early in the series and was terrified at what he saw), though the two have worked together far more often than they have opposed each other. This has largely been due to some supernatural predator or villain causing collateral damage to Marcone's industry and him relying on Dresden to deal with the problem, but Harry has asked for Marcone's help at least twice.

Marcone controls the majority of organized crime in Chicago and has developed considerable knowledge of the supernatural aspects of the city but now that new superpowered blood is moving in, he is having to increase his knowledge in that aspect as well.

His main bodyguard, Hendricks, is included below.
HENDRICKS
PL: 6 (80 pp) - OPL: 6 ; DPL: 6

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 4, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 1, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 5, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Athletics 3 (+7), Close Combat [Unarmed] 1 (+8), Expertise [Military] 6 (+6), Insight 4 (+5), Intimidation 9 (+9), Investigation 4 (+4), Perception 4 (+5), Combat [Firearms] 2 (+6), Stealth 4 (+5), Treatment 3 (+3), Vehicles 4 (+6)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Close Attack (2), Equipment (2), Improved Hold, Improved Initiative (1), Interpose, Lionheart*, Power Attack, Ranged Attack (2), Tough (1)

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(10ep)
Undercover Shirt: Protection 2, Limited to Ballistic Damage, Subtle; 2ep
Heavy Pistol: Ballistic Ranged Damage 4; 100 ft range, Small; 8ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +5
Close Attack +7
Special Close Attack +8 [Unarmed +4]
Ranged Attack +4
Firearms +6 [Heavy Pistol +4]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +5 [DC15] Parry +5 [DC15]
Toughness +4 (+6 against Ballistics), Fortitude +7, Will +4

COMPLICATIONS:
Relationships: With Miss Gard
Responsibility: Protecting John Marcone

Abilities 34 + Skills 22 (44 ranks) + Advantages 14 + Powers 0 + Defenses 10 = 80 / 80

Comments: Hendricks is Marcone’s top bodyguard and enforcer. Over the years, he and Harry have developed a mutual respect for each other, even though Harry still sees Hendricks and Marcone has villains. But mutual enemies have caused them to work together from time to time.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Woodclaw
Luminary
Luminary

Re: J-Mart 3E: Midnight's Fire, Joystick, Dresdenverse

Post by Woodclaw » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:59 am

Great dreseden Files stuff here Thorpa, I only wish I can finish my own version somehow.
"Yes, it's a bloody flying alligator setting fire to my city!"

Sam Vimes (Guards! Guards!)

From a dark corner of my mind (my build's thread)
From another dark corner of my mind (my Deviantart page)

scc
Zealot
Zealot

Re: J-Mart 3E: Midnight's Fire, Joystick, Dresdenverse

Post by scc » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:59 am

Nice Joystick writeup. I always liked her too...for obvious reasons.

rickjthree
Groupie
Groupie

Re: #86, #87

Post by rickjthree » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:23 am

Thorpacolypse wrote:
JOHN MARCONE
Marcone is insanely good with throwing knives. At one point in Fool Moon, he sliced a rope from far away while partially tied up, hanging upside down and in the dark. I'm pretty sure he's done other stunts of impressive knife work, but that's the one that sticks with me.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: #86, #87

Post by Thorpacolypse » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:56 pm

rickjthree wrote:
Thorpacolypse wrote:
JOHN MARCONE
Marcone is insanely good with throwing knives. At one point in Fool Moon, he sliced a rope from far away while partially tied up, hanging upside down and in the dark. I'm pretty sure he's done other stunts of impressive knife work, but that's the one that sticks with me.
You are so, right, my man. I had totally forgotten about that. I was going to do some clean ups shortly so I will fix that with a little Ranged Combat [Thrown blades] and some Throwing Mastery ranks. Thanks for the reminder!

And thanks for shopping at J-Mart! :D
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:47 pm

A new item from our Gotham line hits the Aisle 1 shelves.

J-Mart refuses to accept Damian's death and will continue to do so until...well...forever... :(

ROBIN (DAMIAN WAYNE)
PL: 8 (162 pts) - OPL: 8 ; DPL: 8

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 12, INTELLECT 5, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Acrobatics 8 (+12), Athletics 8 (+9), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+14), Deception 9 (+9), Expertise [Business] 2 (+7), Expertise [Criminology] 2 (+7), Expertise [Streetwise] 2 (+7), Insight (+2), Intimidation 9 (+9), Investigation 8 (+13), Perception 8 (+10), Persuasion (+0), Ranged Combat [Throwing] 2 (+11), Sleight of Hand 7 (+11), Stealth 9 (+13), Technology 8 (+13), Treatment (+5), Vehicles 6 (+10)

ADVANTAGES: Beginner's Luck, Defensive Roll (1), Eidetic Memory, Equipment (11), Evasion (1), Grabbing Finesse, Improved Critical (2) (Unarmed 2), Improved Initiative (1), Improvised Tools, Jack-of-all-Trades, Languages (1) (Arabic, 1 other, Base: English), Martial Strike* (1), Move-by Action, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (5), Redirect, Takedown (2), Throwing Mastery (1)

POWERS:
Vocal Mimicry: Illusion 2 (Auditory, Flaw: Limited to voices); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(55 pts)
The Batsuit: Protection 1, Immunity 2 (Critical Hits, Flaw: Limited [Ballistics only]); 3 pts
The Cape and Mask: Senses 2 (Low Light Vision, Infravision), Movement 1 (Safe Fall), Commlink (Senses 1 [Communication Link, Bat Family]), Long Cape (See Batgirl III's Guide to Capes for benefits); 6 pts
Robin Blades: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 2, Dangerous, Double; 4 pts
Utility Belt: (28 pts)
Flash Bang Grenade: Ranged Burst Area Affliction 5 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Visually and Auditory Impaired, 2nd: Visually and Auditory Disabled, 3rd: Visual and Auditory Unaware; resisted by Dodge], Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Extra Condition, Flaw: Dimished Range [5/10/25]); 19 pts
Tear Gas Grenades: Ranged Cloud Area Affliction 5 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed and Visually Impaired, 2nd: Stunned and Visually Disabled, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Cloud Area [15 ft radius], Extra Condition, Flaw: Diminished Range [5/10/25]); 1 pt
R Discs: Ranged Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 2; 1 pts
Bolo: Ranged Grabbing 4, Flaw: Diminished Range (10/25/50); 1 pt
R Shuriken: Ranged Multiattack Piercing Damage 1; 1 pt
Smoke Grenade: Ranged Cloud Area Concealment 4 (Visual, Extra: Attack [Resisted by Dodge], Ranged Cloud Area [15 ft radius]); 1 pt
Grapple Gun: Movement 1 (Swinging), Ranged Trip; 1 pts
Mini-Tracer: Feature 1 (Tracking, 2 Mile range); 1 pts
Rebreather: Immunity 2 (Flaw: Limited -20 Rounds of Oxygen) 1 pts
Handcuffs: Feature 1 (Toughness 9, DC20 Sleight of Hand/Technology); 1 pts
Vehicle: (13 pts)
Robincycle: Size - M, Strength - 1, Speed - 6, Def - 10, Tough - 8, Features - Navigation System, Remote Control, Secret Compartments; 13 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8
Close Attack +12 [Robin Blades +3, Critical 19-20]
Unarmed +14 [Unarmed +1, Critical 18-20; Martial Strike Unarmed +2, Critical 18-20]
Ranged Attack +9
Throwing +11 [Robinrangs +4; R Shuriken +2, Multiattack; Bolo Affliction +5; Tear Gas Affliction +5, Area Burst; Flash Bang Affliction +5, Area Burst]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +4 (+3 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +6, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: The House of Al Ghul
Pain In The Ass: Because of his upbringing, he has very few social skills, is stubborn and condescending
Relationships: He has grown close to Dick Grayson during his stint as Batman and he has always had respect for his father. Despite their differences, he also loves his mother, Talia Al Ghul
Rivalry: He has a major rivalry with Red Robin, Batgirl and Spoiler
Secret Identity: He has a secret identity of Damian Wayne, son of Bruce Wayne and Talia Al Ghul
Temper: His impulsive temper gets him into trouble a lot

Abilities 60 + Skills 45 (90 ranks) + Advantages 35 + Powers 2 + Defenses 20 = 162 / 162

Build Comments: Damian rocks. Not as in a great character way, but in a pain in the ass way that you can’t wait for him to get his block knocked off. Problem is, he has the DNA of Bruce Wayne and Talia Al Ghul. That makes it a wee bit harder to give him true comeuppance because he’s turning into a serious bad ass. Especially for an 11-year-old kid!

PL8 felt about right for him, since even though he holds his own with Tim when they fight, I still see Tim as the better hero. But I can see Damian overtaking him physically fast because of his DNA but Tim will always be the better investigator. And I have really dug the Batman and Robin book with he and Grayson as Batman. The switch of the moody Robin and the more freewheeling Batman has been a great dichotomy. It will be interesting to see how Batman Inc. works out.

Secret Origins: Damian Wayne is the biological son of Bruce Wayne and Talia al Ghul, and thus the grandson of one of Batman's villains, Ra's al Ghul. Talia would become pregnant with him after a sexual encounter with Bruce, but would keep their son's existence from him for a decade. Instead of being birthed naturally, Damian was grown in a lab, with the intention that he would surpass his father. Shortly after his birth, Talia would leave Damian in the care of the League of Assassins so he could begin his training as an assassin. Years later, Talia reveals Damian's existence to his father and leaves him in Batman's custody in an effort to disrupt his work and get a step closer to her evil plan. Instead of shunning the boy, Bruce acknowledged his duties as a father, and accepted him into the Batman Family, which would eventually lead Damian to become the fifth and current Robin after the supposed death of Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson taking over the cape and cowl.

The Story so Far: When Damian initially appeared, he was a very rash, arrogant and violent characteristics similar to Jason Todd when he was Robin. Among the worst of his personality traits, Damian did not stick to the Batman Family's "no killing" rule, as his interpretation of crime fighting involved decapitating The Spook. Damian also exhibited anger issues and jealousy problems towards then Robin, Tim Drake. Damian saw Tim as his rival, since Bruce had just recently adopted him as his son. Damian felt that based off his parentage, the role of Robin was intended for him and him only, which lead him to attack Tim, in an attempt to take the mantle of Robin. Damian has even cursed at Alfred throwing a silver plate at him.

Despite all his issues, Damian would be appointed the mantle of Robin after Dick Grayson became Batman. Dick felt that it was his duty to train Damian and help him control his emotions. Under Dick's guidance, Damian would become a successful crime fighter worthy of the mantle of Robin and the two would become close friends. When Bruce Wayne returned, Damian remained in the Robin role, but Dick Grayson would return to being Nightwing. Damian joined side by side with his father in a new father/son iteration of the Dynamic Duo..

Characterization: While Damian was initially incorrigible, it appears that under Dick's, and now Bruce’s teachings, Damian has begun to grow a conscience and has even demonstrated signs of empathy, particularly towards children. This is demonstrated by his behavior during a mission with the new Azrael and more recently during a Christmas case, in which Damian and Dick find the bodies of several dismembered kids, causing Damian to vomit in horror.

Friends and Foes: He is closest to his father and Dick Grayson. He is becoming more tolerant of Tim Drake and Jason Todd, and has gotten more respectful of Alfred, who he still calls Pennyworth. He has become a strong foe of Batman’s rogues gallery and seems to be starting his own after solo confrontations with Cricket and a new Lynx.

Clean Up 1/29/14: Updated Damian again since I refuse to accept his death. He remains Robin in the Thorpacoverse for the forseeable future.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:49 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: J-Mart 3E: Dresdenverse, Robin (Damian) PC

Post by Thorpacolypse » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:58 pm

That's all I have for tonight, I am pooped! But over the next few days/weeks, I'll be getting to build #100 and beyond with some of the following:

Gotham PC Ladies' Night
More DC PCs
Family Night
Archetypes (thugs, cops, generic ninjas, etc.)
Fantasy Archetypes (Thorpacoverse dragons, gargoyles, orcs, werewolves, vampires, etc.)
Team Wreckers (Thanos, Magneto, Ultron, Graviton, Loki, etc.)
The Thorpacoverse BPRD
The Thorpacoverse MI-13 (Yes, Jenny Sparks will be involved)
And of course, more jobbers (If Jabroniville doesn't hit the Acolytes next, I will!)

And playtesting...I hope...if I can make myself stop building... :shock:
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:49 pm

After a decent's night's sleep and the weekend on the horizon, we're back to kick off another version of the long running J-Mart franchise tradition, LADIES' NIGHT! And we kick it off with a J-Mart Favorite item from our new Top Cow Aisle.

Patience is more than a virtue in this case...

THE MAGDALENA
PL: 12 (187 pts) - OPL: 12 ; DPL: 12

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 11, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 6 (+10), Athletics 8 (+10), Deception 3 (+5), Expertise [Magic] 4 (+5) [Ritualist], Expertise [Theology and Philosophy] 9 (+10), Insight 8 (+11) [Assessment], Intimidation 5 (+7), Investigation 6 (+7), Perception 6 (+9), Persuasion 3 (+5), Ranged Combat [Throwing] 3 (+13), Stealth 6 (+10), Vehicles 3 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Assessment, Benefit (1) (Status – The Magdalena), Close Attack (2), Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (4), Evasion (1), Favored Foe (Demons), Improved Critical (1) (Long Blades), Improved Initiative (1), Languages (2) (Latin, French, Italian, 2 others, Base: English), Move-by Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack (6), Ritualist, Takedown (2), Tracking, Uncanny Dodge

POWERS:
Holy See: Perception Range Affliction 10 (Resisted by Will; 1st: Dazed and Will Impaired, 2nd: Stunned and Will Disabled, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extras: Extra Condition, Flaw: Sense-Dependent [Visual], Distracting); 20 pts
The Spear of Destiny: 29 pts traits, Easily Removable (-12 pts), Extra: Restricted (Must be worthy/divine bloodline to use powers, otherwise treats as normal spear); 17 pts
Holy Powers: Variable 4 (20 pts traits, Holy/Mystical Descriptor); 28 pts
Spear Strike: Holy Piercing Damage 7 (Extra: Penetrating 9, Improved Critical 2, Reach [5 ft], Quirk: Only gets full damage against demonic/unholy opponents, otherwise damage is 5 and only one rank of Improved Critical); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(20ep)
Costume/Body Armor: Protection 2; 2ep
Cell Phone, Standard: Feature 1, Diminutive; 1ep
Holy Water Vial: Feature 1; 1ep
Holy Symbol: Feature 1; 1ep
Light Pistol: Ballistic Ranged Damage 3; 75ft range, Small; 6ep
Knife: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Critical 19-20, Small; 3ep
Arsenal: (6ep)
Chakram: Slashing Strength-Based Ranged Damage 2; 50ft range, Small; 4ep
Longsword: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 3, Critical 19-20; Medium; 1ep
Throwing Knives: Piercing Ranged Damage 1, Extra: Multiattack; 25ft range, Small; 1ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8
Close Attack +13 [Unarmed +2; Spear of Destiny +7/+9, Critical 18-20; Sword +5, Critical 18-20; Knife +3, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +10 [Pistol +3]
Throwing +13 [Chakram +4; Throwing Blades +1, Multiattack]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +13 [DC23] Parry +13 [DC23]
Toughness +7, Fortitude +8, Will +12

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Several, mainly a clandestine organization that believes they have found the Anti-Christ and the Neo-Nazi group that wants the Spear of Destiny
Power Loss: If she loses her faith or commits a mortal sin, she can lose the ability to use the full power of the Spear of Destiny
Responsibility: To protect the world from supernatural evil
Rivalry: The Catholic Church, who she feels used her in her predecessors

Abilities 60 + Skills 35 (70 ranks) + Advantages 29 + Powers 38 + Defenses 25 = 187 / 187

Comments: The Magdalena rocks. As I’ve said before I am a big fan of Witchblade and Darkness. And as fans of the series know, a major recurring character is The Magdalena. She is a direct descendent of Mary Magdalene and Jesus of Nazareth, and as such, she is charged by the church to be a holy warrior, striking down that which they deem a threat to the church (or more to the point, the power of certain people within the church), such as The Darkness. She's recently left the church to continue the good fight on her own, but in her new solo series, she is working with them again to try and stop the son of Satan.

She is a formidable warrior and can hang with Sara (Witchblade), Jackie (The Darkness) and Dani (The Angelus) for a while, but once they start using their superhuman abilities, she is usually in trouble. But her Holy See, which shows the recipients past sins to them, works similar to Ghost Rider’s Penance Stare, so she can lay out opponents that way, the Spear of Destiny can do some wicked things, too, in the right situation. She’s really about PL10-ish most of the time, but she can use the Spear of Destiny to hit PL12 levels. That seemed about right to me, since most of the time she looks great, but well below The Darkness, Witchblade and Angelus, but when she needs to, it seems the Man Upstairs will give her what she needs to take them down.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:32 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:02 pm

LADIES' NIGHT shifts its focus to some new items from our Gotham Location PC Line. And we think this item is purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrfect...

Here, kitty, kitty, kitty...

CATWOMAN
PL: 9 (188 pts) - OPL: 9 ; DPL: 9

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 7, DEXTERITY 6, FIGHTING 12, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Acrobatics 9 (+16) [Accelerated Acrobatics, Agile Feint, Up the Wall], Athletics 9 (+11), Deception 8 (+12/+14) [Attractive], Expertise [Burglary] 11 (+13), Expertise [Streetwise] 8 (+10), Insight 8 (+12), Intimidation 3 (+7), Investigation 9 (+11) [Contacts, Well-Informed], Perception 6 (+10), Persuasion 8 (+12/+14) [Attractive, Connected], Sleight of Hand 9 (+15) [Skill Mastery], Stealth 8 (+15) [Accelerated Stealth, Hide in Plain Sight, Skill Mastery], Technology 7 (+9/+15), Vehicles 3 (+9)

ADVANTAGES: Accelerated Acrobatics*, Accelerated Stealth*, Agile Feint, Attractive (1), Clean* (1), Close Attack (2), Connected, Contacts, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (1), Equipment (5), Evasion (1), Grabbing Finesse, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Defense, Improved Initiative (1), Languages (1) (French, 1 other, Base: English), Luck (Improve Roll) (1), Move-by Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack (3), Redirect, Skill Mastery (2) (Sleight of Hand, Stealth), Takedown (1), Up the Wall*, Well-Informed

POWERS:
Affinity for Cats: Feature 1 (Cats accept Selina as one of their own); 1 pt
Cat Burglar: Enhanced Skills 3 (Technology 6 ranks, Flaw: Limited to disabling/bypassing security); 3 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(25 pts)
Costume: Protection 1, Subtle; 2 pts
Claws: Piercing/Slashing Strength-Based Damage 2, Dangerous, Quick Draw, Feature 1 (+2 Athletic checks to climb); 5 pts
Lockpicks: Feature 1 (Tools, Technology); 1 pt
Whip: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 2, Disarming, Grabbing, Reach (5 ft); 6 pts
Vehicle: (11 pts)
Motorcycle: Size - M, Strength - 1, Speed - 6, Def - 10, Tough - 8, Features - Alarm (DC20); 11 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +11
Close Attack +14 [Unarmed +2; Claws +4, Critical 19-20; Whip +4]
Ranged Attack +9

DEFENSES:
Toughness +5, Fortitude +7, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Conflicted: Selina is often torn between her thrill seeking, rule breaking urges and her desire to make a difference
Enemy: Black Mask
Obsession: Selina has a difficult time resisting a thrilling challenge, especially if it involves cats or pretty, shiny baubles
Relationships: She has strong feelings for Batman (but it's complicated), Holly Robinson, Catgirl

Abilities 80 + Skills 53 (106 ranks) + Advantages 34 + Powers 4 + Defenses 17 = 188 / 188

Build Comments: My take on Selina at PL9. And talk about a character that has aged well over the decades. She was pretty lame at first, but the DC writers obviously have a love for her because she has become a great character over the years, shifting from a gimmick villain to an anti-hero to a lover of Batman and back and forth.

As a build, she's a definite street level build. She's only about a PL9 with her whip on offense, but hits her caps defensively, making hard for the Gotham types to hit, but she'll have to get creative to take down any big hitters.

Secret Origins: Selina Kyle's early life was defined by tragedy. When she was just a girl, her brutalized mother Maria committed suicide and her violent father Brian drank himself to death soon after. While her younger sister Magdalene was taken to an orphanage right away, Selina opted to take her chances on the streets of Gotham City instead. She became a petty thief who would steal food at grocery stores. Eventually Selina was caught and sent to an orphanage. She caused so much trouble that she would be remanded to the Sprang Hall Juvenile Detention Center, an abusive state home for orphaned or delinquent girls.

She soon discovered that the Center was embezzling money. They would confront her and attempt to cover it all up by drowning Selina in a bag dropped into the river. Selina escaped and returned to the orphanage. She stole documentary proof that they were embezzling money, stole money to live on her own and sent the documents to the police to expose them.

As Selina grew older, she became a “false” prostitute, that lured men in but simply stole their money. She was also a cat burglar by night, stealing jewelries and diamonds from museums and rich people's homes. One night, she stole a valuable totem from a museum when suddenly a hooded ninja interrupted her escape and took the valued item for himself. Selina followed the ninja into a warehouse, which turned out to be a secret martial arts academy. The ninja, known only as Kai, told his Sensei that she is an intruder and a thief and must be severely punished. However, after seeing her fast reflexes, the Sensei politely asked her to join the academy so that she can harness the martial arts skills, in which she accepted.

Several weeks had gone by and Selina's fighting abilities improved dramatically but her relationship with her senior trainer Kai was far from good. He despised Selina and would deliberately hurt her during training. It gave Kai even more grief knowing that the Sensei favored Selina more than the other pupils. A few nights later, a news story broke on television stating that Batman was last seen at Robinsons Park. Curious, Selina walked to the park and caught a glimpse of the Dark Knight in action who glided out of sight moments later. She noticed that Batman was bleeding when she saw a trail of blood and it immediately triggered something in her mind: if someone can don a costume and have everyone either be happy or terrified to see him, she can do the same too. The Batman became her omen and Selina decided to become a costumed character as well. She bought a cat costume using all of her savings and resumed her stealing profession using her brand new costume and ability. As she was attempting a robbery at a local store, she was stopped by a group of security guards and one of them called her "Catwoman." Selina loved the name and thus, the Catwoman persona was born.

The Story so Far: After several incidents, she tried to go straight and moved to New York, but her reputation eventually caught up to her and she returned to Gotham City, which at this time is in the midst of No Man's Land. As Catwoman, she assisted Batman against Lex Luthor in the reconstruction of the city. After being arrested by Commissioner Gordon, she escaped from prison.

Later that year, Catwoman is initially the chief suspect in the murder of a police officer. Although later cleared, she displays increasingly erratic behavior. Soon afterward, she disappeared and was believed to have been killed by the assassin Deathstroke the Terminator.
Private detective Slam Bradley attempted to find out what really happened to Selina Kyle and he found her alive. Selina partially reformed and became protector of the residents of Gotham's East End, while still carrying out an ambitious career as a cat burglar.

When Batman was in the process of dealing with the machinations of Hush during their initial encounter, he and Catwoman briefly workdc together and had a romantic relationship, during which he revealed his true identity to her. At the end, he breaks off their relationship when he suspects it has been manipulated by the Riddler and Hush.

Later, she is quite uncertain if she should pursue her "relationship" with Batman, Selina talked with Bruce about Jezebel Jet, his current girlfriend, and then has a quick pep talk with Zatanna, whom she believes is also courting Bruce. Zatanna confirmed and admittted her feelings, adding that she has since chosen to forget them, but fervently encouraged Selina to open her heart to Bruce Wayne before Jet is able to "seal the deal." Hush eavesdropped on the conversation, targeting both women as a way to hurt his enemy, Bruce Wayne.

Later, Hush attacked Selina as she is in her apartment, kidnapping her and surgically removing her heart. She is delivered anonymously to a Gotham hospital. Batman received word of her situation, and while he went in search of Hush, he left Selina in the care of Doctor Mid-Nite, who is considered the superhero community's chief doctor. Batman recovered her heart, and Dr. Mid-Nite restored it to her body; however, the doctor also makes a prognosis on whether she can still return to her former life swinging through rooftops. While Selina is still in a coma, she encountered Zatanna, who apologized for not warning her about Hush. She tells Selina that she was so happy about her relationship with Bruce that she ignored the other warnings in the cards. Zatanna gave her a little bottle supposedly containing aloe vera for her post-op scars. It is hinted that there is a little magic in there to help Selina with her recovery. Selina is sad that she might end up alone again. In the meantime, Bruce enters the recovery room and, believing her unconscious, launches into a soliloquy. He ends by telling Selina that he will always love her, when she opens her eyes and revealed to him that she was awake all the time and heard his confession.

Months later, during the absence of Bruce Wayne, Selina returned home after stealing the contents of a safe belonging to the Falcone crime family. She found Kitrina, a teenaged escape artist and Carmine Falcone's long lost daughter, breaking into her room. She attacked and subdued Kitrina, who tells Selina that she had unknowingly stolen a map that details the location of Black Mask's underground bunker. Realizing that she could use the map to capture Black Mask and claim the 50 million dollar bounty on his head, Selina leaves Kitrina bound in a locked room so that she can keep the map for herself. She later calls Batman (Dick Grayson) to her house in order to turn the would-be thief over to the police, but discovers that Kitrina had managed to free herself and steal back the map. This impresses Selina, who mentions that she had tied up the child using an "inescapable" knot that Bruce had shown her years earlier. Following a massive battle with Black Mask and his henchmen that ends with neither woman being able to claim the bounty, Selina agreed to take on Kitrina as her new sidekick, Catgirl.

Once Bruce Wayne returns from his time in the past, he established Batman Incorporated, a global team of Batmen. Selina accompanied him on a mission to break into Doctor Sivana's armory, and later traveled with him to Tokyo in order to recruit a Japanese representative for Batman Inc. Catwoman teamed up with Batman to stop Harley Quinn from breaking the Joker out of Arkham Asylum. After defeating Harley and the Joker, Catwoman told Poison Ivy that they are no longer friends, this after Ivy drugged her in an attempt to uncover Batman's identity.

Shortly after this, Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn escaped and set off to pursue revenge on Catwoman for leaving them behind. The two of them found Catwoman and fought her. While they were fighting, Catwoman says that she saw good in them and only wanted to help them. Batman was about to arrest them, but Catwoman helped the two of them escape.

Characterization: Catwoman's status as hero or villain is ambiguous; she has her own moral code and has occasionally teamed up with Batman and other heroes against greater threats, even saving the lives of the entire Justice League on one occasion. She represents a gray area in Batman's otherwise black and white life where the line between good and evil blurs, and his attraction to her stems from this perception that, in her way, she's kind of a female version of himself: another dark creature that prowls the night.

Friends and Foes: She has had long off and on relationship with Bruce Wayne and they are currently “very on” as Batgirl puts it. She has often walked the line between hero and villain and doesn’t really have the trust of either side, which is fine with her.

She does still seem to have a bond with Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn despite their rough patches, although since is more on the heroic side, they haven’t been in recent contact.

Clean Up 11/14/13: Selina gets a much needed review.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:28 pm

This Gotham themed version of LADIES' NIGHT keeps right on rolling with this new item for Aisle 1A!

I'm new to the game but I'm good. - Batwoman

BATWOMAN (KATE KANE)
PL: 10 (200 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 12, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Acrobatics 9 (+14), Athletics 10 (+12), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+16), Deception 8 (+11/+13) [Attractive], Expertise [Military] 7 (+10), Expertise [Streetwise] 6 (+9), Insight 9 (+13) [Assessment], Intimidation 7 (+10), Investigation 10 (+13) [Well-Informed], Perception 10 (+13), Persuasion 8 (+11/+13) [Attractive], Ranged Combat [Throwing] 5 (+14), Sleight of Hand 3 (+8), Stealth 10 (+15) [Hide in Plain Sight], Technology 6 (+9), Treatment 3 (+6), Vehicles 6 (+11)

ADVANTAGES: Assessment, Attractive (1), Benefit (4) (Wealth 4 [Multimillionaire]), Close Attack (2), Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (3), Equipment (12), Evasion (1), Grabbing Finesse, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Critical (1) (Unarmed), Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative (1), Improvised Tools, Martial Strike* (1), Move-by Action, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (4), Redirect, Takedown (1), Tracking, Uncanny Dodge, Well-Informed

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(60 pts)
Costume: Protection 1, Immunity 2 (Critical Hits, Flaw: Limited [Ballistics only]); 2 pts
Cowl: Senses 1 (Low Light Vision); 1 pt
Gauntlets: Enhanced Skill 2 (Athletics 4 ranks, Flaw: Limited to Climbing checks); 1 pt
Utility Belt: (30 pts)
Bat Flash Bang Grenade: Ranged Burst Area Affliction 5 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Visually and Auditory Impaired, 2nd: Visually and Auditory Disabled, 3rd: Visual and Auditory Unaware; resisted by Dodge], Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Extra Condition, Flaw: Diminished Range [10/25/50]); 20 pts
Batarang: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Ranged Damage 2; 1 pt
Bat-tons: Bludgeoning Strength-based Damage 2, Split; 1 pt
Bat Tear Gas Grenades: Ranged Cloud Area Affliction 5 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed and Visually Impaired, 2nd: Stunned and Visually Disabled, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Cloud Area [15 ft], Extra Condition, Flaw: Diminished Range [10/25/50]); 1 pt
Exploding Batarangs: Burst Area Ballistic Damage 5, Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius]; 1 pt
Smoke Grenade: Cloud Area Concealment 4 (Visual, Extra: Cloud Area [15 ft radius]); 1 pt
Grapple Gun: Movement 1 (Swinging), Ranged Trip; 1 pt
Mini-Tracer: Senses 1 (Tracking, 2 Mile range); 1 pt
Rebreather: Immunity 2 (Flaw: Limited -20 Rounds of Oxygen); 1 pt
Handcuffs: Feature 1 (Toughness 9, DC20 Sleight of Hand/Technology); 1 pt
Flashlight: Feature 1 (Illumination); 1 pt
Vehicle: (11 pts)
Motorcycle: Size - M, Strength - 1, Speed - 6, Def - 10, Tough - 8, Features -Navigation System; 11 pts
Headquarters: (15 pts)
Batwoman Bunker: Size - Medium, Tough - 10, Features - Communications, Computer, Concealed, Defense System, Garage, Gym, Infirmary, Library, Living Space, Power System, Sealed, Workshop; 15 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +9
Close Attack +14 [Bat-Tons +4]
Unarmed +16 [Unarmed +3, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +9
Batarangs +14 [Batarangs +4; Exploding Batarangs +5, Burst Area; Tear Gas Affliction +5, Cloud Area; Flash Bang Affliction +5, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Toughness +7 (+4 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +8, Will +11

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Alice Liddell, Typhoid Mary, The Religion of Crime.
Fame: Batwoman sometimes has traumatic flashbacks of tragic events of her past, such as the kidnapping and murder of her mother and sister.
Prejudice: As an openly gay woman, she sometimes encounters prejudice.
Relationships: Her father Jacob, her cousin Bette “Flamebird” Kane, her stepmother Catherine, and her former lover and friend Renee Montoya.
Secret: Kate Kane, wealthy heiress and socialite.

Abilities 74 + Skills 59 (118 ranks) + Advantages 46 + Powers 0 + Defenses 21 = 200 / 200

Build Comments: I’m starting to dig Kate Kane. I thought the introduction of a Batwoman was a bit much but she's been pretty good even if the lesbian angle has irked some people. I didn't see her as a PL10 since she is such a new character, so I took her down to PL9 and customized her for The Thorpacoverse.

Secret Origins: Katherine "Kate" Kane is the daughter of prominent U.S. Army Colonel Jacob Kane and Captain Gabi Kane. Her parents were both career military and worked extensively with military intelligence services. Katherine grew up with her parents and her twin sister Elizabeth Kane. As her parents were promoted they moved to a wide variety of towns and bases. Her father was often away from home.

The Kane family moved to Brussels in Belgium, since her parents were now serving at NATO. The family however was torn apart due to a terrorist attack. While Gabi was taking her daughters for the day, they were kidnapped by heavily armed men from the Religion of Crime. Military intelligence eventually located the hostages, and Jacob was put in charge of the tactical unit that was sent to rescue them. However they were too late as Gabi had been executed along with Elizabeth. Jakob rescued Kate himself, but she was traumatized by the sight of her dead mother and sister.

Kate tried to please her father by entering the Marines. At West Point, she roomed with Cadet Captain Sophie "Gimme" Moore, with whom she also entered in a lesbian relationship. Her commander got wind of it, and enquired about it. She confirmed her sexual orientation, but protected Sophie. Per the DADT policy, she was dishonorably discharged. Her father forgave her, and found it more important that she did not lie to save herself.

Jacob Kane eventually married weapons heiress Catherine Hamilton. This new wealth established Kate as a socialite in Gotham City's upper crust. She became notorious for her partying and drinking. One night after a party, she was pulled over by GCPD officer Renee Montoya. Instead of being fined for drunk driving, the two entered in a relationship. They broke up when Renee told her she had no direction in her life, no education, and no apparent goal. She found her purpose soon enough: when she was confronted by a mugger in an alleyway, she was saved by Batman.

She decided to become a vigilante too. With her father's help, she traveled all over the planet for two years to learn how to fight. Her father used to family fortune and connections to come up with experimental weaponry and when she felt ready, Batwoman was born.

The Story so Far: In her first mission, Kate assisted Montoya and the original Question on a mission to dismantle the criminal gang known as Intergang and saved them from some of Whisper A'Daire's shapechanging creatures, after discovering their plot to kill "twice-named daughter of Kane" . She also met Nightwing, and he grew infatuated with her, helping her learn how to use a batarang. He gave Kate her very first batarang on Christmas Eve.

Kate Kane is Jewish and celebrated Hanukkah with Renee, and the two kissed shortly before Christmas. Intergang realized that the image in the Crime Bible of Batwoman and the image of the "twice-named daughter of Cain" were one and the same. They kidnapped Kate and intended to sacrifice her. However, Renee was able to find her, but not before she was stabbed. Despite this, Kate was able to pull the knife out of her chest and used it to stab Bruno Mannheim. She fell into Renee's arms, who was able to stop the bleeding and save Kate's life.

Kate agreed to help Renée in tracking down a copy of the Crime Bible, being sold via the Penguin. The book was actually part of the Lessons that the Order of Stone was attempting to teach Renée, and she and Kate fight over the book. In the end, as Renée claims she only wants it to protect Kate. Kate tells her that Renée never asked what Kate wanted, but lets her take the book.

During the events of the Final Crisis, Batwoman fell prey to the global brainwashing of Darkseid and his gods. Batwoman became one of Darkseid's newest members of the Female Furies, alongside Catwoman, Wonder Woman, and Giganta. Batwoman's appearance resembled that of the original Female Fury known as Mad Harriet. When Darkseid was eventually defeated, Batwoman reverted to her normal self.

Later, Batwoman is fighting in Gotham, helping Batman (Dick Grayson) and hunting the Religion of Crime who have a new leader who goes by the name Alice. We see both Batwoman and Kate Kane struggle with the aftermath of her last excursion with the Religion of Crime, who stabbed her through the heart and still survived. Batman lets her take the case letting her know that he'll be watching if she needs him.

Kate finds the High Queen Alice and begins to question her before she has to flee because Alice poisoned her. As her investigation goes deeper there is a moment when it looks like it's the end of the road for Kate and her father and they are surrounded by Alice and the Religion of Crime, however they get saved by a group of people who were once part of the Religion of Crime, but now choose to distance themselves, saying they are the True Believers. The leader, Abbot, tells Kate that they still follow the dark faith, they just disagree with Alice's interpretation. She learns that Alice plans to destroy Gotham.

As Alice begins her plans, Kate attempts to thwart them with the help of the True Believers. She gets on the plane that Alice is trying to use to drop on Gotham and releases her father before going after Alice. In the dramatic conclusion Alice and Kate fight on the wings of the Aircraft and as Alice holds onto the wing of the plane she looks at Kate to tell her "You have our fathers’ eyes" before stabbing Kate in the arm, making her fall to her apparent death. This made Kate wonder if Alice was her sister all along.

In the events that followed, Alice's body was yet to be found and as Kate ignores her father’s pleas to open the door to the bunker, she performed a blood test on Alice and herself. She learns that the blood is the match of twins. She confronted her Father who tells her how was he supposed to tell her that the girl they found when she was rescued wasn't her sister.

Later, Batwoman is kidnapped by cultists and taken to London in order for her to once again be sacrificed. She is sealed within a coffin and taken underground to the last remaining Lazarus Pit in order for the ritual to begin. She is saved by the timely intervention of Dick Grayson and British superheroes Knight and Squire. After learning that Grayson plans on placing Bruce Wayne's corpse into the pit in order to revive him, Kate strongly protests, but he simply ignored her.

Upon her return to Gotham, Kate investigated a series of kidnappings of Hispanic children by a mysterious, seemingly metahuman adversary known only as the Weeping Woman. She had cut her father off from her life after the Religion of Crime fiasco as a response to what she perceives to be a betrayal of trust and family, and struggled with balancing her life as one of Gotham's vigilante protectors with her public image and her relationship with GCPD detective Maggie Sawyer. Kate is also training her cousin and sidekick, Bette Kane.

The Weeping Woman turns out to be part of a larger group centered around Greek mythology, culminating in Medusa summoning Ceto, the Mother of all Monsters. To defeat these supernatural foes Batwoman enlists the aid of Wonder Woman and the duo are successful. Overcome with relief at rescuing the missing children, Kate reveals her identity to Maggie, by proposing marriage and Maggie happily accepted.

Characterization: Kate‘s military training and lifestyle has instilled a deep sense of discipline and leadership that is reflective in her actions as Batwoman.

Friends and Foes: Kate is close to her former lover and ally Renee Montoya, her cousin Bette, who she is training to be Flamebird and her fiancée Maggie Sawyer. She remains estranged from her father who continues to try and make amends.

She only has a loose affiliation with the Bat family, despite her motif, mainly because she operates in different criminal circles within Gotham. She has found herself working more with the supernatural side of Gotham.

Her greatest enemies are the Religion of Crime, who continue to believe her to be the Twice Named Daughter of Cain.

Clean Up 3/14/13: Makes some changes to Kate to get her more where I wanted her.

Clean Up 11/8/13: OK, I cracked and brought Kate up to PL10 during my reviews. She's impressed me in some recent stuff.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:44 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

peteyrock
Cohort
Cohort

Re: J-Mart 3E: LADIES' NIGHT! Magdalena, Catwoman, Batwoman

Post by peteyrock » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:07 pm

I'm digging Ladies Night! Thanks!

I guess it works just as well here as it does in the bars, as it tends to attract a crapload of sweaty dudes.