J-Mart: Preparing for Relocation... :)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Raws
Henchman
Henchman

Re: J-Mart 3E: LADIES' NIGHT! Magdalena, Catwoman, Batwoman

Post by Raws » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:58 pm

As always, very nice builds!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Post by Thorpacolypse » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:54 pm

Our LADIES' NIGHT keeps on rolling with another new item!

I was proud of my hair color that my brother admired. I was happy to be told such things, so I grew my hair out ever since I was little. Soon after I entered middle school, 3rd years said they didn't like my hair color and cut it. I had no choice but to cut the rest short to even it out. I couldn't tell brother. "I felt like changing it" is what I said to dodge the question. Then my brother died soon after. I became alone. I stopped talking, even at school, and became more alone than ever before. The one who stopped me from being that way was Tatsuki-chan. Tatsuki-chan yelled at me for backing down and she looked out for me. I could grow my hair out again thanks to her. I will never have short hair again, because my long hair is proof of my faith in Tatsuki-chan. - Orihime Inoue

ORIHIME INOUE
PL: 11 (122 pts) - OPL: 11 ; DPL: 11

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 0, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 1, DEXTERITY 1, FIGHTING 3, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS -1, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+6), Deception (+2/+4) [Attractive], Expertise [School Work] 6 (+8), Expertise [Sewing] 2 (+4), Expertise [Weird Foods] 2 (+4), Insight 8 (+7), Intimidation (+2), Perception 3 (+2), Persuasion (+4/+6) [Attractive], Stealth (+1)

ADVANTAGES: Attractive (1), Inspire (1), Interpose, Luck (Edit Scene) (1), Teamwork

POWERS:
Spiritual Awareness: Senses 7 (Spiritual Awareness [Mental, Extended], Detect Spiritual Energy [Mental, Accurate, Acute, Ranged, Extended], Enhanced Advantages 1 (Assessment); 1 pt
Ichigo Awareness: Senses 4 (Scent [Acute, Accurate, Extended, Ranged], Flaw: Limited to Ichigo Kurosaki); 2 pts
Hard Head: Immunity 1 (Critical Hits [Flaw: Limited to Head]); 1 pt
Shun Shun Rikka: 53 pt array; 55 pts
Shiten Koshun ! (Hinagiku, Lily, Tsubaki & Baigon): Enhanced Dodge 2, Enhanced Parry 2, Protection 12, Impervious 6 (Extra: Linked [Damage], Quirk: Must say power name); Spirit Energy Damage 6 (Extra: Reaction, Linked [Protection]); 53 pts
Sōten Kisshun! (Ayame and Shuno): Healing 11; 1 pt
Koten Zanshun! (Tsubaki): Spirit Energy Damage 10 (Extra: Accurate 4, Penetrating 10; Flaw: Uncontrolled, Quirk: Must say power name); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +1
Close Attack +3
Unarmed +6 [Unarmed +0]
Ranged Attack +1
Koten Zanshun +9 [Koten Zanshun! +10]
Special Attack [Shiten Koshun ! +6, Reaction]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +6 (+8 with Shiten Koshun) [DC16/18] Parry +6 (+8 with Shiten Koshun) [DC16/18]
Toughness +2 (+14 with Shiten Koshun, +6 Impervious with Shiten Koshun), Fortitude +5, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Airhead: Orihime, while very intelligent and insightful, is quite ditzy and scatterbrained
Plot Device: Her powers are based on the ability to reject reality itself. This can lend itself to all kinds of crazy outcomes should they go out of control
Power Loss: Her powers can become impaired, disable or fail to work at all if she loses confidence herself
Relationships: The memory of her late brother Sora, her best friend, Tatsuki, her friends Rukia, Chad, and Uryu and she is in love with Ichigo

Abilities 20 + Skills 13 (26 ranks) + Advantages 5 + Powers 65 + Defenses 19 = 122 / 122

Comments: Orihime Inoue is one of the main supporting characters in Bleach following the time honored TV tradition of the ditz. And of course, she has those...um...eye catching things that I love on a woman, too.

Orihime's powers are apparently based on the ability to reject reality, which allows her to heal by "rejecting" the time of the injury in a confined space. Aizen stated that her powers were not even close to being tapped to their full potential so I gave her the Plot Device complication because of someone were able to figure out her to get to use them fully and/or steal her abilities, you've got Scarlet Witch level mayhem on deck.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:01 am, edited 4 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Post by Thorpacolypse » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:03 pm

Aw, yeah, the PC ladies keep on coming here on LADIES' NIGHT...

No wonder everyone in Karakura High is afraid of her...

TATSUKI ARISAWA
PL: 5 (69 pts) - OPL: 5 ; DPL: 5

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 2 (+5), Athletics 3 (+5), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+8), Deception (+1), Insight 2 (+4), Intimidation 5 (+6), Perception 2 (+4), Persuasion (+1), Stealth (+3)

ADVANTAGES: Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (1), Improved Critical (1) (Unarmed), Improved Hold, Improved Initiative (1), Improved Trip, Prone Fighting, Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Spiritual Awareness: Senses 5 (Spiritual Awareness [Mental, Extended], Detect Spiritual Energy [Mental, Accurate, Ranged, Extended]); 5 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +7
Close Attack +6
Unarmed +8 [Unarmed +2, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +2

DEFENSES:
Dodge +6 [DC16] Parry +6 [DC16]
Toughness +4, Fortitude +5, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:
Motivation: Becoming a martial arts champion
Relationships: She is best friends with Orihime Inoue and has protected Ichigo throughout his childhood
Responsibility: During Ichigo's absence, to defend Karakura Town as part of the Karakura-Raizer Team (and I am NOT doing that build!)

Abilities 40 + Skills 8 (16 ranks) + Advantages 8 + Powers 5 + Defenses 8 = 69 / 69

Comments: Tatsuki is Ichigo and Orihime’s friend from high school who eventually gets spirit sensing powers due to being around them for so long. Generally, she her role is to beat up anyone who picks on either or them, or boys (and one girl in particular who I shall build, I believe) who hits on Orihime. She’s a fun character and one who, if cornered by a hollow or Arrancar, can hold her own for at least a while until she gets help. And if she has her Karakura-Raizer watch from Urahara, she’s a superhero in her own right.

No matter how stupid that little filler arc was…
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:13 pm

LADIES NIGHT keeps rolling with this new item for our Image Aisle!

Kris Kardashian-Jenner meets Storm...

GAIA NOBLE
PL: 11 (179 pts) - OPL: 11 ; DPL: 11

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 0, STAMINA 1, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 4, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Deception 9 (+12), Expertise [Magic] 8 (+11), Expertise [Media] 12 (+15), Insight 7 (+11), Intimidation 4 (+7), Perception 3 (+7), Persuasion 7 (+10), Ranged Combat [Magic] 6 (+9), Stealth (+2)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (1), Connected, Daze (1), Defensive Roll (1), Ritualist, Skill Mastery (1), Teamwork

POWERS:
Weather Resistant: Feature 1 (No matter the weather conditions, you remain dry, your hair and clothing never mussed by the wind); 1 pt
Stormy Moods: Feature 1 (The weather dramatically reflects your emotions, giving you a circumstance bonus for appropriate interaction skill checks [like Intimidation]); 1 pt
Breezy: Feature 1 (You can create small gusts of wind, roughly equal to a –5 rank Move Object effect; able to scatter small, light objects, ruffle hair or clothing, blow off hats, and so forth); 1 pt
Personal Storms: Feature 1 (You can create tiny “micro-storms” focused enough to water potted plants or to shower beneath); 1 pt
Dust Resistant: Feature 1 (You can shed dust and dirt [including mud] at will, keeping yourself and your clothing clean under almost any conditions); 1 pt
Heal the Earth: Feature 1 (You can “heal” damage or upheaval to the ground or earthen construction, simply by smoothing over the damaged surface with your hands); 1 pt
Elemental Immunity: Immunity 7 (Earthly Weather, Earth Effects); 7 pts
Weatherproof: Movement 2 (Environmental Adaptation [Underground/In Earth, Weather]); 4 pts
Wind Riding: Flight 5 (60 mph); 10 pts
Elemental Sorcery: 33 pt Dynamic Array; 55 pts
Weather Control: Environment 8 (1 Mile Radius; 3 points of effect [cold, heat, impair movement, and visibility], Extra: Dynamic, Selective); 33 pts
Elemental Blast: Ranged Damage 13 (Extra: Dynamic, Variable Descriptor 2 [Any Elemental]); 2 pts
Wind-Lifting: Burst Area Move Object 11 (Extra: Area Burst [30 ft radius], Dynamic, Selective); 2 pts
Burrowing: Burrowing 7 (8 mph, Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Earth Moving: Perception Ranged Move Object 11 (Extra: Range [Perception Ranged], Dynamic, Flaw: Limited [to Earth]); 2 pts
Stone Shape: Ranged Transform 10 (Earth and stone From one shape to another, Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Earthworks: Create 13 (Earthworks; Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Earthwall: Protection 10 (Extra: Affects Others, Area Shapeable [30 ft volume], Dynamic); 2 pts
Chasm: Line Area Ranged Affliction 8 (Resisted by Dodge; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Prone, Extra: Dynamic, Linked [Burrowing/Damage], Flaw: Instant Recovery [the Dazed and Prone conditions only last for a round], Limited [to two degrees]), Linked: Line Area Burrowing Attack 8 (16 mph; Limited [downward only]), Linked: Line Area Ranged Damage 8 (Flaw: Limited [Targets Affected by Second Degree of Affliction]); 2 pts
Earthquake: Ranged Burst Area Affliction 6 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; Dazed and Vulnerable, Stunned and Prone, Extra: Area Burst 3 [120 ft radius], Dynamic, Extra Condition, Secondary Effect, Flaw: Limited [to two degrees], Limited [opponents/objects touching ground]; 120-foot radius); 2 pts
Earth Spray: Ranged Cumulative Affliction 13 (Resisted/Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Impaired, 2nd: Disabled, 3rd: Unaware, Extra: Cumulative, Dynamic, Flaw: Limited [to Vision]); 2 pts
Animation: Perception Range Summon Animated Object 10 (Extra: Dynamic, Range [Ranged Perception]), Flaw: Limited [to Available Objects]); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +4 [Unarmed +0]
Ranged Attack +3
Elemental Sorcery Array +9 [Elemental Blast +13; Earthworks Create +13; Earth Spray Affliction +13]
Special Attack [Wind Lifting Move Object +11, Area Burst; Earth Moving Move Object +11, Perception; Chasm Affliction +8, Area Burst; Earthquake Affliction +6, Area Burst]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 [DC18] Parry +8 [DC18]
Toughness +2 (+12 with Earth Wall), Fortitude +6, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Bitch: Gaia puts on a great public front, but she is a no-nonense matriach of the family and tells things how she sees them, which is generally to the benefit of their public personas
Enemy: Draconis, The Blackthornes
Fame: The Nobles are the world's most famous heroes, thanks to her and are always in the public spotlight
Guilt: Over her treatment of Frost throughout his youth and her affair
Motivation: Above all else, keeping the Noble family famous and profitable
Power Loss: Gaia needs to be able to gesture to use her powers
Relationships: She does love her husband and children despite her drive for fame and fortune
Secret: Given what she has done, and is willing to do in the name of her goals, she has a couple

Abilities 40 + Skills 28 (56 ranks) + Advantages 7 + Powers 83 + Defenses 21 = 179 / 179

Comments: Gaia Noble is Doc Noble's wife and she is a powerful elemental sorceress from another dimensional that fell in love with Doc as she saw him fighting crime across the world. They got together and she realized that in addition to her powers, she also had the desire and knack for PR and she made the Noble "brand" THE superhero name in the Image U. She made them rich, but also made it clear that their image was paramount and sometimes Race, Rusty and Zephyr (and even Doc) resent being brought up in the public eye and having their issues buried for the sake of PR.

Despite all that, she does love them all and even her other son Frost, from an affair (he's an interesting case) and if push really came to shove, she'd probably choose them over fame. Well, let's reduce that probably to a maybe.. :wink:
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: J-Mart 3E: LADIES - Catwoman, Black Canary, Huntress, Oracle

Post by Horsenhero » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:04 pm

Huntress! Yay! I've loved the character ever since she was introduced as Helena Wayne, the Earth-2 Batman's daughter waaaaaayyy back when (y'know the 1970's). I liked her then. I like her now. And I liked the Nightwing/Huntress mini where you plucked that quote from.

Since you're doing the Birds...how about giving us a little Lady Blackhawk? Pretty please?

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:13 pm

Horsenhero wrote:Huntress! Yay! I've loved the character ever since she was introduced as Helena Wayne, the Earth-2 Batman's daughter waaaaaayyy back when (y'know the 1970's). I liked her then. I like her now. And I liked the Nightwing/Huntress mini where you plucked that quote from.

Since you're doing the Birds...how about giving us a little Lady Blackhawk? Pretty please?
Hey, at J-Mart, we have a motto, Horsenhero:

The customer is always right! As long as they agree with us. :D

One Lady Blackhawk coming up before the night is out! I'll build her on the fly. No pun, intended. :wink:
Shop J-Mart!

ClassDunce
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by ClassDunce » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:15 pm

Horsenhero wrote:a little Lady Blackhawk?
A little Lady Blackhawk goes a long way lol. I second Horsenhero's request for Lady Blackhawk. I didn't like the character when she first joined the Birds but I have to admit that she grew on me. She's a fun character and a bad ass in her own way.
"When they ask how I died, tell them: still angry." - Quellcrist Falconer

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:13 pm

Keeping LADIES' NIGHT going is another new item for our Image Aisle!

I think the Z actually stands for Zero Morals...

ZEPHYR NOBLE
PL: 10 (150 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 1, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 4, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 3 (+6), Athletics 2 (+3), Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+7), Deception 5 (+7/+9) [Attractive], Expertise [Popular Culture] 3 (+5), Insight 5 (+7), Intimidation (+2), Perception 3 (+5), Persuasion 6 (+8/+10) [Attractive], Ranged Combat [Air Control] 5 (+8), Stealth (+3), Technology 2 (+4), Vehicles 1 (+4)

ADVANTAGES: Attractive (1), Benefit (1) (Status – Noble Family), Defensive Roll (1), Move-by Action, Teamwork

POWERS:
Breezy: Feature 1 (You can create small gusts of wind, roughly equal to a –5 rank Move Object effect; able to scatter small, light objects, ruffle hair or clothing, blow off hats, and so forth); 1 pt
Fresh Air: Feature 1 (The air around you always smells as clean as after a rainstorm, dispelling any strong odors); 1 pt
Wind Riding: Flight 5 (60 mph); 10 pts
Air Supply: Immunity 2 (suffocation, Flaw: Sustained); 2 pts
Wind Conditions: Environment 4 (250 ft radius; Impede Movement [1 point per rank for a 1 rank reduction in movement speeds, 2 points per rank for a 2 rank reduction]; 8 pts
Aerokinetic Array: 25 pt Dynamic Array; 45 pts
Wind Wall: Line Area Move Object 8 (Extra: Area Line [60 ft line], Dynamic, Flaw: Limited Direction [along the length of the line]); 25 pts
Deflecting Winds: Deflect 10 (Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Dynamic, Flaw: Limited to Physical Projectiles); 2 pts
Air Shield: Enhanced Dodge 3, Enhanced Parry 3, Protection 6 (Extra: Dynamic, Flaw: Sustained); 2 pts
Full Sail: Swimming 7 (60 mph; Extra: Affects Objects, Dynamic, Flaw: Limited to Wind-Powered Vehicles), Alternate Effect: Flight 7 (250 mph; Extra: Affects Objects, Dynamic, Flaw: Gliding, Limited to Wind-Powered Vehicles); 2 pts
Grounding: Cylinder Area Nullify 6 (Flight and Swimming Based on Air, Extra: Duration [Concentration], Cylinder Area, Dynamic, Effortless); 2 pts
Aerokinesis: Move Object 12 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Air Blast: Ranged Air Pressure Damage 12 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Air Burst: Ranged Burst Area Affliction 8 (Resisted/Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Area Burst [30 ft radius], Dynamic,); 2 pts
Flinging Gust: Move Object 12 (Extra: Dynamic, Flaw: Limited Direction [away]); 2 pts
Suffocation: Ranged Progressive Affliction 6 (Resisted/Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Fatigued, 2nd: Exhausted, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Dynamic, Progressive); 2 pts
Tornado: Cylinder Area Move Object 6 (Extra: Area Cylinder [30 ft cylinder], Damaging, Dynamic); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +4
Unarmed +7 [Unarmed +1]
Ranged Attack +3
Air Control +8 [Wind Blast +12; Deflecting Winds +10; Aerokinesis Move Object +12; Suffocation Affliction +6]
Special Attack [Wind Wall Move Object +8, Area Line; Air Burst Affliction +8, Area Burst; Tornado Move Object +6, Area Cylinder]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +9/+12 (with Air Shield) [DC19/22] Parry +9/+12 (with Air Shield) [DC19/22]
Toughness +2 (+8 with Air Shield), Fortitude +6, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Daddy Issues: The Noble children have resentment for their dad, Doc Noble, for not being there for them because of all his time in lab and their public superheroic lifestyle
Enemy: The Blackthornes
Fame: The Nobles are the world's most famous heroes, thanks to her mother Gaia and are always in the public spotlight
Mommy Issues: The Noble children have resentment towards their mother, Gaia, for forcing them into the public eye all their lives whether they wanted to be in it or not
Relationships: She is close to her brothers Race and Rusty.
Secret: Her pregnancy and the father of the child

Abilities 36 + Skills 19 (38 ranks) + Advantages 5 + Powers 67 + Defenses 23 = 150 / 150

Comments: Zephyr is the baby girl of the Noble Family but she sure ain’t sweet and innocent. She’s kind of an Aerokinetic Paris Hilton, jumping from guy to guy and making the party scene. One of her trysts ends up with her being a teenage pregnancy and that whole arc is pretty good, especially Rusty trying to find out who the father is so he goes to see to all these Image characters like Invincible and Shadowhawk and asking them if they are the father. Funny stuff.

Zephyr has grown up since and was in a crossover book with Invincible, Shadowhawk and Firebreather called The Pact, which I need to find.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:37 pm

LADIES' NIGHT is winding down, but not before we drop a couple more J-Mart Favorite items for our Marvel aisle.

So she's a super feminist who dresses like THAT?!?!?

SUPERIA
PL: 12 (206 pts) - OPL: 12 ; DPL: 12

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 10, STAMINA 9, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 8, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Acrobatics 3 (+8), Athletics 2 (+12), Close Combat [Unarmed] 4 (+14), Deception 6 (+9/+11) [Attractive], Expertise [Criminal] 2 (+10), Expertise [Science] 7 (+15), Insight (+4), Intimidation 6 (+9), Perception 2 (+6), Persuasion 6 (+9/+11) [Attractive], Ranged Combat [Blast] 5 (+10), Stealth (+5), Technology 7 (+15) [Inventor], Treatment 4 (+12), Vehicles 4 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Attractive (1), Defensive Roll (3), Improved Hold, Improved Initiative (1), Inventor, Power Attack, Ranged Attack (2)

POWERS:
Enhanced Physiology: Speed 4 (32 mph/500 fpr), Leaping 4 (120 ft); 8 pts
Concussive Blasts: 36 pt Array; 37 pts
Concussive Burst: Burst Area Energy Damage 12 (Extra: Area Burst 2 [60 ft radius]); 36 pts
Concussive Blast: Ranged Energy Damage 14; 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +9
Close Attack +10
Unarmed +14 [Unarmed +10]
Ranged Attack +5
Concussive Blasts +10 [Energy Blast +14]
Special Attack [Energy Burst +12, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +12 (+9 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +12, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Captain America, Wonder Woman.
Motivation: Leading women to take over the world.
Rivalry: Ms. Marvel.

Abilities 104 + Skills 29 (58 ranks) + Advantages 10 + Powers 45 + Defenses 18 = 206 / 206

Build Comments: Superia is a Captain America foe who lead her (sigh) Femizons against him in a plan to have women take over the world. Which is pointless if you have ever been around my house where believe me, the woman rules MY world…

She’s gotten some run recently as one of Osborn’s new Dark Avengers where she is Ms. Marvel and she’s been OK, but still will never be a top flight villain. She did whoop Carol’s butt a couple of times one-on-one so I thought PL12 was fitting.

Secret Origins: Deidre Wentworth, alias Superia was mysandric to the highest degree she desired nothing less than total female domination of the world, planning to eliminate and enslave all men. One of her earliest schemes involved recruiting an army of female supervillains who she dubbed the Femizons. She ensconced her army, along with many genetically superior women, on a private island with a protective shield around it. She planned to launch a missile containing a chemical weapon that would sterilize all men. Her plan was thwarted by Captain America, Paladin, and three of her own recruits, the mercenaries Diamondback, Black Mamba, and Asp.

The Story so Far: After her defeat and escape, Superia dropped out of sight for a while. She returned under her real identity as Dr. Deidre Wentworth, and gave a young woman named Cathy Webster superhuman physical traits and subliminal performance-boosting messages. These messages also bound Webster now called Free Spirit to Superia's control, though Webster was quickly freed by Captain America and Diamondback and Wentworth went underground again.

After A.I.M. became public, she was offered the place of Minister of Education in their new High Council.

Characterization: Superia is a consummate feminist but has softened her radical stance from when she was younger and is more focused on achieving her goals through science and beating men at their own game.

Friends and Foes: She has worked with Norman Osborn and a number of female supervillains and is currently working with A.I.M.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:13 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:50 pm

Our last LADIES' NIGHT item for the evening hits the Aisle 2 shelves. And it's grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat!

Really? A Tony the Tiger reference? Are you reaching that much for material?

Shut up, Randal, that was clever!

No, it wasn't and you know it.

Oh, leave me alone and enjoy the orange furry fanservice.

If you think you can distract me with...OK, you have a point. Carry on boss!

Grrrr, baby, very grrrr!!!

TIGRA
PL: 10 (150 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 8, STAMINA 7, AGILITY 8, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 11, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 3 (+11) [Agile Feint], Athletics 3 (+11), Deception (+2/+4) [Attractive], Expertise [Criminology] 4 (+5), Insight 5 (+7), Intimidation 3 (+5), Investigation 4 (+5), Perception 7 (+9), Persuasion (+2/+4) [Attractive], Stealth 3 (+11), Vehicles 4 (+8)

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, Attractive (1), Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (1), Improved Critical (1) (Claws), Move-by Action, Takedown (1), Teamwork

POWERS:
Feline Physiology: Leaping 2 (30 ft), Speed 4 (32 mph/500 fpr), Extra Limbs 1 (Tail), Feature 1 (Insulating Fur), Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds); 10 pts
Feline Senses: Senses 8 (Scent [Acute, Ranged, Tracking], Normal Hearing [Extended], Normal Vision [Extended)] Low Light Vision, Infravision, Ultrahearing); 8 pts
Feline Communication: Comprehend 2 (Speak, Understand Animals, Flaw: Limited to cats); 2 pts
Claws: Slashing Strength-based Damage 1 (Extras: Split); 2 pts
Feline Empathy: Senses 3 (Detect Emotional and Physical State [Scent, Mental], Ranged); 4 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8
Close Attack +11 [Claws +9, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +4

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +8, Fortitude +8, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
Cat Style: Sometimes her feline appearance can be discomforting for people. However, some guys (like me) find it oddly attractive…
Enemy: Jigsaw and The Hood for their beatdown of her in her quarters.
Involuntary Transformation: She rarely transforms back into her Greer Grant form, and it's debatable whether she even can anymore, but she can transformed back by the proper magic incantation.
Responsibility: To the Avengers Academy students.

Abilities 82 + Skills 22 (44 ranks) + Advantages 14 + Powers 20 + Defenses 12 = 150 / 150

Build Comments: Tigra has really grown on me over the past couple of years with her role in Avengers: Initiative and now Avengers: Academy. She was always OK, but she's really become an effective hero as of late, even surviving a relationship with the Skrull Pym to keep on getting some decent run.

She really fit well into the PL10/150 pt format that I've been trying to fit characters into as of late, even though those days are fading as I want to get back to building for my main setting sans point limits. But some characters just slide right in there easily and if it's close, I'll go for the PC structure for more flexible usage.

Secret Origins: Greer Grant Nelson was the recipient of two separate sets of superhuman abilities, one scientific and one mystical in nature. As a laboratory assistant to Dr. Joanne Tumolo, Nelson became involved in a physiological conditioning program that would enable a human being to attain his or her full physical and mental potential. Out of financial desperation, Dr. Tumolo had accepted private funding for the project from Malcolm Donalbain , an eccentric who planned to use her conditioning equipment in his nationwide chain of health clubs.

Not trusting the test subject that Donalbain had coerced her to use, Tumolo had Nelson secretly undertake the experiment alongside the other woman. Donalbain's test subject, Shirlee Bryant, and Greer Nelson emerged from the battery of treatments with superhuman physical capabilities.

The Story so Far: Dressed in one of Donalbain's specially designed cat costumes, Bryant died in a test of her abilities. Donalbain had his henchmen set off dynamite charges in the laboratory to make it appear that Bryant had died accidentally in an explosion. Tumolo was injured in the explosion. Believing her mentor to be dead, Nelson determined to stop Donalbain's plans. She donned a stolen costume, and calling herself the Cat, thwarted Donalbain's plans and forced him to commit suicide. Nelson soon learned that Tumolo had not been killed but had been hospitalized for apparent brain damage. During this time, Nelson, as the Cat, pursued a very brief career as a crime-fighter, operating mostly within the Chicago area.

Unknown to Nelson, Tumolo was a member of the Cat People, a race of humanoids magically evolved from cats in Europe during the Middle Ages. Prior to the explosion Donalbain had engineered, Tumolo had become aware of a plot by the subversive organization HYDRA to steal a bacterial culture that had been developed by Tumolo's ancestors. Hydra had discovered the secret of Tumolo's ancestry and suspected her of possessing the formula for "The Final Secret." Tumolo had chosen to feign brain damage in order to evade Hydra, but they abducted her from the private home where she had apparently been convalescing.

Nelson put on her Cat costume and pursued them. Hydra agents fled from the Cat's attack, but during the confrontation managed to shoot her with "alpha radiation." To save Nelson's life, Tumolo and the Cat People mystically transformed her into the legendary half-human, half-cat warrior they called the Tigra. As Tigra, Nelson helped the Cat People defeat the Hydra agents.

Although she was able to use the cat's-head amulet to change back to her human form, Nelson became so accustomed to and enamored of her feline form that she seldom made the transformation. Moving from Chicago, she became a full-time adventurer, encountering and defeating such menaces as the Rat Pack, Kraven the Hunter, Tabur, and the Super-Skrull. She also briefly worked with Red Wolf, Spider-Man, and the Fantastic Four. Tigra was among the handful of costumed crime-fighters that the telepath Moondragon coerced into vying for Avengers membership. She was elected to membership and served for several months, all that time doubting she was worthy of membership in the group. Although she proved herself while in battle with the Molecule Man, she decided to resign her active membership. Moving to San Francisco, she became friends with Jessica Drew, the original Spider-Woman.

Months later, when Hawkeye moved to Los Angeles to form a West Coast branch of the Avengers, she was invited to join. She made a staunch addition to the team, despite the fact that the human and feline sides of her personality had become at odds with one another, causing her behavior to become somewhat erratic. Because of her catlike need for attention, she became involved with teammates Henry Pym and Wonder Man at the same time. The ultimate solution to her discordant nature presented itself when she and the Avengers journeyed to the "Land Within," the magical dimension where the parent tribe of the Cat People lived. The ruler of the Cat People offered to magically cure her of her split personality if she would kill Master Pandemonium, a demonic human being whom the Cat People feared and hated. Although Tigra agreed, she could not bring herself to violate the Avengers' code against killing when she had the opportunity to do so.

After almost killing Hawkeye in a training exercise, Greer decided to abandon her Tigra form permanently. Almost immediately, Hank Pym and Greer were kidnapped on behalf of the demon Allatou, who wrongly believed them to be agents of her enemy, Master Pandemonium. The Avengers sought aid from Hellstorm and Hellcat, who were retired heroes at the time, having set up an occult investigations business. Together, the heroes invaded Allatou's realm with Pandemonium on their heels. A three-way fight broke out until Allatou managed to strand everyone with Pandemonium aboard a boat running through the various realms of hell.

Shortly after, the castaways found that they had drifted into the Cat People's Land Within. It turned out the Cat People were demons, having become such through their longtime residence in the demonic realms. The Cat People were at the time guarding a shard of Pandemonium's soul on behalf of the demon Mephisto, and they had ordered Tigra to kill Pandemonium to protect it. Tigra continued to refuse to slay Pandemonium, and the Cat People punished her by stripping away her cat-soul altogether and leaving her human. Hellcat, however, owning a version of Greer's original Cat costume, gave it to Greer, who led the Avengers in battling the Cat-People and single-handedly defeated their champion, the Balkatar. The cat-soul was released from confinement in the struggle, and stronger than ever, re-inhabited Greer again, producing a Tigra that was more physically formidable than ever but controlled by Greer's human intellect. The Cat People surrendered, unwilling to battle a "whole" Tigra who now exactly resembled the revered Tigra of their legends. Returning with the Avengers, Tigra continued as an active member and forsook her previous romantic involvement with others of her team.

Having attempted to settle into a new life over the past few years with the Avengers, Tigra wasn't happy with just being "part of the team". She realized she had to settle up with the past. This meant getting to bottom of The Brotherhood of the Blue Fist: an elusive group who might have murdered her late husband. Working undercover as Greer Sorenson, she signed up for training at the New York City police Academy. She rooted out the conspirators and the organization was dismantled. Then, she finished her training and undertook a new career in the police force.

Tigra fought on Iron Man's side during the Civil War. She supported Stark's Registration Act, although she expressed concern about the fate of Captain America and the other heroes who opposed the Act and turned fugitive. Nonetheless, Tigra registered to comply with the law and also, as having become an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D., to actively aid in its enforcement.

Pretending to switch allegiances, she successfully infiltrated Captain America's Secret Avengers team as a mole and passed information to Iron Man for more than a week before being outed by Hulkling, Captain America's own spy among the Pro-Registration forces. Captain America kept quiet, exploiting her presence to feed disinformation to Iron Man about his team's strategy for the final push later that day.

She again believed she had become involved in a romantic relationship with fellow superhero Yellowjacket, however, at the climax of the Skrull Invasion, she discovered her relationship was not with the true Hank Pym, but rather with his Skrull replacement Criti Noll. Greer became pregnant with the imposter's child, thus making her a target of Norman Osborn's, who wanted to obtain the baby.

Tigra took on the job of helping out the Justice Society Initiative’s Avengers Academy. Having the real Hank Pym inspect her baby, he let Tigra her that he had no traces of Skrull DNA, figuring that the Skrull impostor who was him had copied him down to the genetic level. Tigra asked Hank to father him if something were to happen to her but left him in the care of the Cat People so he could be with people like him while she continued in her duties as a superhero.

Characterization: Greer has gone through a number of changes over the years. But in the end, the remains a committed and talented hero with a strong dedication to serving justice.

Friends and Foes: She is good friends with the Hellcat, Patsy Walker and her other former West Coast Avengers teammates. She and Hank Pym have been a romantic relationship off and on for a while but they are currently just friends.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: J-Mart 3E: PC Birds of Prey, Wasp, Tigra

Post by Horsenhero » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:57 pm

Wow! Thanks for LB and Jan and Tigrrrrra! I'd say more, but, my keyboard is soaked in drool. 8)

Xarathos
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Xarathos » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:57 pm

Seconded . . . :D

Nice work, Thorp. I'm going to go pick my jaw up off the floor now . . .

Sidious
Superhero
Superhero

Post by Sidious » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:13 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote: Image

Excellent Ladies night.

I'll be in my bunk.
Live fast. Love hard. Die with your mask on.

Woodclaw
Luminary
Luminary

Re: #96

Post by Woodclaw » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:37 am

Thorpacolypse wrote:Image
OK, I am willing to believe that a man can fly...

That someone can survive being blasted with a gamma bomb and become a green, rampaging beast...

That an eternal being strides the cosmos and eats planets...

Hell, I'm even willing to believe that Squirrel Girl can take out Thanos...

But I will never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, believe that a dork like Pym could get HER!
Believing yes, what I could never believe was that they married when Hank was at the worst of his suckiness as the Yellowjacket. I mean, he started to say that there never was any Hank Pym but only the hornet and nobody ever stopped to think that he was that close to a full mental crush.
Thorpacolypse wrote:Comments: I was compelled to whip up a Janet build after watching the new Avengers cartoon on Disney XD. It’s pretty good and Janet is a highlight. Her spunk and humor keep the show moving as the try to establish all the characters for a new generation of fans. Even Pym is being portrayed decently, but you can see the suck turn coming as Ultron's head sits in his lab and his jealousy over Janet crops up from time to time.
So far the new Avengers cartoon is great, I hope they'll keep the right direction.
Last edited by Woodclaw on Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Yes, it's a bloody flying alligator setting fire to my city!"

Sam Vimes (Guards! Guards!)

From a dark corner of my mind (my build's thread)
From another dark corner of my mind (my Deviantart page)

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:53 am

The Hornet? Is that how his Yellow Jacket identity gets translated outsid the U.S.? I've never had an opportunity to pick up a comic in Europe, so I wouldn't know...but, now I'm intensely curious.