J-Mart: Preparing for Relocation... :)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Re: J-Mart 3E: Black Bolt, Graviton, BUILD #100 - Magneto

Post by catsi563 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:06 pm

funny thing is you dont have to really go mixed bag with BlackBolt. your pretty well dealing with a guy who can turn a persons brain to jelly by whispering his aeious.

god forbid he adds and sometimes y because that coudl cause the persons head to explode
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563

Foreshadow
Hero
Hero

Post by Foreshadow » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:58 pm

Both Graviton and Magneto should have more lifting ability. Graviton can lift part of Manhattan, and all Thor can do is stop it from falling too fast. Like Superman these characters should have ranks in power lifting for their power, though you are right to keep their Blast damage down.

Yet, if any character in the marvel U for the Avengers villains deserves to have a high rank it would be Graviton. Rank 20 isn't uncalled for, though 18 works, and honestly 19 might be the perfect choice, yet he should have like powerlifting 4 or 5 on top of that so that he can lift 23 or 24 or 25 in strength equivalent. He literally can lift huge amounts of weight with his power and its not an exaggeration.

Same with Magneto but with metal limitation. He can literally lift the Golden Gate bridge and that requires like Strength 23 I believe so yes he would have something equivalent to Superman and I'd say go to 24 or 25 but for metal only. He can literally lift something like a Skyscrapper if it were made out of metal. This would not overpower these characters and again it is all power lifting, not their base Blast/damage I'm talking about.

I'd say 16 to 18 damage sounds good for Magneto but having an 18 is not shocking, and like Graviton, who fulfills a similar role having a 19 or 20 isn't uncalled for. Especially if you give the Enhanced damage a limitation like: Damage 18, enhanced damage 2 (limited to metal targets) so that a guy who is metal is especially prone to damage.

Of course, he can also control electromagnetic energy. If I were a writer in the Marvel U. I'd have Magneto tear Iron Man's armor straight off and be able to by pass whatever defense Iron Man had so that was basically useless, call it a Nullify Technology effect, but that's because I like Magneto and like many writers I'd write what I like and if someone didn't like it, so what as I know someone would balk at that suggestion but I've read a lot of ideas I would balk at in real comics (and insert some lame reason why it won't work but as the writer I'd figure a way to nerf such reasoning just to make Iron Man fans say "Damn you Magneto!").

So I'd simply suggest a type of Nullify Technology (ie disrupt the metal/energy that it uses) but of course that is just me suggesting that.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Post by Thorpacolypse » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:42 pm

Foreshadow wrote:Both Graviton and Magneto should have more lifting ability. Graviton can lift part of Manhattan, and all Thor can do is stop it from falling too fast. Like Superman these characters should have ranks in power lifting for their power, though you are right to keep their Blast damage down.

Yet, if any character in the marvel U for the Avengers villains deserves to have a high rank it would be Graviton. Rank 20 isn't uncalled for, though 18 works, and honestly 19 might be the perfect choice, yet he should have like powerlifting 4 or 5 on top of that so that he can lift 23 or 24 or 25 in strength equivalent. He literally can lift huge amounts of weight with his power and its not an exaggeration.
That's true. I just kept it static for ease of the build. Some Enhanced Gravity Control or Magnetic Control seems reasonable. I think Renee did that on his Magneto build to keep the blast ranks reasonable as well. Of course, a little HP usage/GM fiat could simulate some of that also.

Foreshadow wrote:Of course, he can also control electromagnetic energy. If I were a writer in the Marvel U. I'd have Magneto tear Iron Man's armor straight off and be able to by pass whatever defense Iron Man had so that was basically useless, call it a Nullify Technology effect, but that's because I like Magneto and like many writers I'd write what I like and if someone didn't like it, so what as I know someone would balk at that suggestion but I've read a lot of ideas I would balk at in real comics (and insert some lame reason why it won't work but as the writer I'd figure a way to nerf such reasoning just to make Iron Man fans say "Damn you Magneto!").

So I'd simply suggest a type of Nullify Technology (ie disrupt the metal/energy that it uses) but of course that is just me suggesting that.
I kind of hit that with the EMP, but in game usage, a player could argue that power is "electronics" and Tony's armor is not purely electronic. A power stunt could take care of that, too, although I will definitely add a variable descriptor to his blast since he has shown electrical and heat type of blast as opposed to just magnetic force.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Re: #28

Post by Thorpacolypse » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:48 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:Here comes another one of THE BIG GUNS OF THE THORPACOVERSE, and this one is a 5-Star JM Favorite!

My god has a hammer - Nick Fury

THOR
PL: 14 (242 pp) - OPL: 14 ; DPL: 14

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 15, STAMINA 14, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Athletics 1 (+16), Deception (+4), Expertise [Magic] 6 (+7) [Ritualist], Expertise [Tactics] 9 (+10), Insight 6 (+10), Intimidation 9 (+13) [Startle], Perception 5 (+9), Persuasion (+4), Stealth (+2), Vehicles 4 (+6)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Benefit (3) (Status – Thunder, Prince of Asgard), Defensive Roll (1), Equipment (1), Improved Grab, Improved Initiative (1), Languages (1) (English, Base: Ancient Norse), Leadership, Lionheart*, Ranged Attack (8), Ritualist, Startle, Takedown (1)

ENHANCED ADVANTAGES: Asgardian Physiology - Diehard, Great Endurance

ENHANCED ADVANTAGES: Mjolnir - Improved Smash, Weapon Break

POWERS:
Asgardian Physiology: Immunity 5 (Aging, Disease, Poison, Heat, Cold), Impervious Toughness 5 (9 ranks), Feature 2 (Increased Mass 2), Senses 2 (Normal Sight [Extended], Normal Hearing [Extended], Regeneration 1; 19 pts
Asgardian Strength: Enhanced Strength 6 (50K Tons; Flaw: Limited to Lifting); 6 pts
Asgardian Armor: 11 pts traits, Removable (-2 pts); 9 pts
Asgardian Plate: Protection 3, Impervious Toughness 4 (8 ranks); 11 pts
God of Thunder: Environment 5 (500 ft radius; Impede Movement, Visibility); 10 pts
Mjolnir: 66 pts traits, Easily Removable (-26 pts); 40 pts
Indestructible: Feature 1 (Indestructible); 1 pts
Hammer Spinning: Enhanced Dodge 2; 2 pts
Magic Detection: Senses 2 (Detect Magic [Mental, Ranged]); 2 pts
Life Support: Immunity 4 (Suffocation [Need to breathe], Vacuum, High Pressure); 4 pts
Mjolnir Weather Control: Enhanced Environment 5 (2 Mile radius; Extra: Selective [10]); 20 pts
Hammer Time! Array, 33 pt array; 37 pts
Call the Lightning: Electrical Ranged Damage 15 (Extra: Indirect 3); 33 pts
Hammer Throw:Bludgeoning Strength-Based Ranged Damage 3 (Extra: Penetrating 15); 1 pts
Hammer Strike Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 3, Enhanced Advantages 2 (see Advantages) (Extra: Penetrating 15); 1 pt
Wind Riding: Flight 9 (1000 mph), Movement 1 (Space Travel); 1 pt
Dimensional Movement: Movement 2 (Dimensional [Midgard/Asgard/Hell]; Extra: Portal 2); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(5ep)
JLA Communicard: Commlink, GPS, Feature 2 (Avengers Mansion/Watchtower Access); 4ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +10 [Unarmed +15; Mjolnir Strike +18]
Ranged Attack +10 [Mjolnir Thrown +18; Lightning Blast +15]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 [DC18] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +18 (+9 Impervious), Fortitude +16, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Loki, Midgard Serpent
Identity: He has a normal identity of Donald Blake, surgeon
Power Loss: When separated from Mjolnir more than a minute, he reverts to Donald Blake
Relationships: His father Odin, his wife Frigga, and the Warriors Three
Responsibility: To protect and defend Asgard and the mortal world, Midgard, Rivalry: He has a long running rivalry with Hercules

Abilities 104 + Skills 20 (40 ranks) + Advantages 30 + Powers 76 + Defenses 12 = 242 / 242

Comments: The Mighty Thor, the patron deity of The JM and the entire J-Mart Franchise. The 3E Thor is not a lot different from my earlier Thunder God builds, he’s a team wrecker and total epic level hero. I have him at the top of my range (currently) for my main setting and I think it’s fitting. Thor is consistently portrayed as the “most powerful being on Earth” in most of the Marvel continuities. He’s been even more powerful since he came back and stopped holding back himself, or so he told Tony Stark when he laid the smack down on him shortly after his return.

In the Thorpacoverse, he’s still focusing on finding all the Asgardians who were transformed into human form during the Ragnarok breaking event. He has established New Asgard in Missouri (I’ll be damned if I let Oklahoma have it like they did in main continuity!), not too far from Central City. However, he is still involved in big events from time to time and as Donald Blake, he is working as a surgeon for a traveling medical team, allowing him to search the Asgardians as well as provide aid to the humans he has sworn to protect. And as stated in the Superman build, he and the other big name heroes are part-time members of both The Avengers and the Justice League.

Clean Up 11/18/10: Thor gets to be the first J-Mart 3E build to get a full review. Far more solid build now, cleaning up his Mjolnir array, getting rid of a few exta Advantages and so on.
We keep the MORE POWER! focus with this clean up of Thor. I had miscalculated some points and I also had nerfed a couple of powers, mainly having a couple with the Full Round Action flaw which does not seem to appear in 3E. It added a few points, but he feels a lot better now.

I'm going to be going though the first few pages of builds and doing a lot of updates and I will try to keep posting but some are not worth the effort. My Spidey update is almost done and it's looking like a 2 point change, not really worth a re-post.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

#101, #102

Post by Thorpacolypse » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:16 pm

We have a new item in our MORE POWER! run with this 2 FOR 1 special!

To hell with Brad and Angelina, THIS is a Power Couple...

THE ENCHANTRESS
PL: 13 (255 pts) - OPL: 13 ; DPL: 12

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 9, STAMINA 7, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 4, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 7

SKILLS: Deception 4 (+11/+16) [Attractive, Daze, Fascinate, Taunt], Expertise [Magic] 11 (+15), Insight 5 (+10), Intimidation (+7), Perception (+5), Persuasion 4 (+11/+16) [Attractive, Connected, Daze], Ranged Combat [Magic] 7 (+12) [Artificer, Ritualist], Sleight of Hand 3 (+8), Stealth (+4)

ADVANTAGES: Artificer, Attractive (2), Connected, Daze (2) (Deception, Persuasion), Diehard, Fascinate (1) (Deception), Favored Foe (Thor), Improved Initiative (1), Languages (1) (English, German, Base: Norse), Ritualist, Set-Up (1), Taunt

POWERS:
Asgardian Physiology: Protection 2, Impervious 2, Immunity 5 (Aging, Disease, Poison, Heat, Cold), Senses 2 (Normal Vision [Extended], Normal Hearing [Extended]), Enhanced Advantages 1 (Diehard), Feature 1 (Increased Mass), Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds); 17 pts
Mystic Force Field: Enhanced Dodge 4 (Flaw: Sustained), Enhanced Parry 4 (Flaw: Sustained), Protection 5 (Flaw: Sustained), Impervious 3 (Flaw: Sustained); 19 pts
Magic Flight: Flight 7 (250 mph); 14 pts
Mystical Powers: 41 pt Array; 57 pts
Mystic Teleport: Teleport 8 (1 mile/250 miles; Extra: Easy, Dynamic, Extended, Portal, Flaw: Limited to Extended); 41 pts
Enchanted Kiss: Affliction 14 (Resisted/Overcome by Will; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Compelled, 3rd: Controlled, Extras: Cumulative, Insidious, Dynamic, Flaw: Grab-based, Limited [Men only]); 2 pts
Shapeshifting: Morph 3 (Humanoids, Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Eldritch Blast: Mystical Ranged Damage 14 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Dimension Hopping: Movement 2 (Dimensional Movement 2 [9 Realms], Extra: Dynamic, Portal 2); 2 pts
Mystic Illusions: Illusion 8 (All Senses, Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Paralyzing Touch: Affliction 14 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength/Damage, 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized, 3rd: Paralyzed; Extra: Dynamic, Extra Condition); 2 pts
Mystic Transformation: Transform 8 (Anything into anything else, Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Polymorph Other: Ranged Affliction 14 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Transformed, Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8
Close Attack +10 [Unarmed +9; Enchantment Affliction +14; Paralyzing Touch Affliction +14]
Ranged Attack +5
Magic +12 [Eldritch Blast +14; Polymorph Affliction +14]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 (+14 with Mystic Force Field) [DC20/24] +10 (+14 with Mystic Force Field) [DC20/24]
Toughness +7 (+2 Impervious, +10 with Mystic Force Field, +5 Impervious with Mystic Force Field), Fortitude +10, Will +12

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Thor.
God Complex: Since she is technically a "god", she can be dismissive to "mere mortals" and generally sees them as playthings.
Motivation: Her motivation is generally more mischevious than pure evil, but she can certainly cross that line at times.
Power Loss: Her mystical abilities fade if she is away from Asgard for an extended period.
Relationships: Many, since she is quite the seductress but she has strong ties to Skurge the Executioner.

Abilities 102 + Skills 17 (34 ranks) + Advantages 13 + Powers 107 + Defenses 16 = 255 / 255

Build Comments: I’ve always seen The Enchantress as Marvel’s answer to Circe, really. I mean, they already had Loki and other big magic users, but they had to have the babe version to really mess with the dude’s heads. She is getting some good run in the new Avengers show (man, I keep referencing that a lot, I must like it more than I thought…) as one of the main villains right now.

She’s very similar to Circe in set up but I didn’t see her as quite as powerful so she comes in PL13, enough to give my Thor some trouble, but not enough to take him in the end without help. That is, of course, where Skurge comes in. In tandem, they can give the Thunder God all he can handle and probably more.

Secret Origins: Amora was born somewhere in Asgard, her parentage unknown. While still in adolescence, she ran away to the land of the Norns and apprenticed herself to Karnilla, one of the most powerful sorceresses in all the Asgardian dimension. There she studied all the basic arts of Asgardian magic until Karnilla expelled her for being too undisciplined. She picked up further sorcerous skills from seducing other Asgardian magi and wizards.

The Story so Far: She first became notable when she was sent by Odin to eliminate Thor's human love interest, whom Odin saw as a distraction. She also hoped to have the thunder god for herself. She is assisted by a powerful minion — Skurge, the Executioner. The Executioner loved the Enchantress, and she strung him along with her feminine wiles, using him as her muscle. She aided Loki by attempting to seduce Thor in his Don Blake identity and by sending the Executioner to kill Jane Foster, but though the Executioner trapped Foster in another dimension Thor was able to bring her back by giving Skurge his hammer. When the Enchantress, angry at Skurge returning Jane, began to turn Skurge into a tree, Skurge released Thor from the pact in exchange for his help. Amora then tried to change Thor's hammer into a hissing serpent, but it is immune to her magic. Thor then transported the two back to Asgard.

The Enchantress and the Executioner were exiled to Earth by Odin. They became members of Baron Heinrich Zemo's original Masters of Evil, the opposite number to the Avengers. The Enchantress hypnotized Thor into attacking the other Avengers with her own spells and a special brew, making him believe they are enemies of humanity, but Iron Man woke Thor from his trance by reflecting sunlight into his eyes. Thor sent the Masters to another dimension through a space warp, but later, the Enchantress used a spell to send them back to Earth. She recruited Wonder Man into the Masters of Evil after paying his bail. She also met Immortus, who helped Zemo attack the Avengers. When this attempt failed, she turned back time to prevent it from happening, though the Masters retain their memories of this event. She then joined in the Masters of Evil's final assault against the Avengers and broke the Black Knight and Melter out of jail. She managed to escape in the end with the Executioner.

As a member of the Masters of Evil, the Enchantress (and Executioner) repeatedly faced the Avengers. She is especially affronted by the mortal Scarlet Witch's attempts to subvert her divine spells, though she is occasionally genuinely challenged by Scarlet Witch's mutant gifts.

Characterization: Amora is a vain schemer who sees herself above most everyone and especially enjoys toying with men’s emotions. She also seeks power constantly.

Friends and Foes: Despite her constant flirtations with other men, especially Thor, Skurge remains hopelessly in love with her and remains her nearly constant companion. She has been a member of the Masters of Evil on several occasions and has worked with Loki frequently as well.

She remains fascinated with Thor and has attempted to enthrall him several times. His constant spurning of her advances have often led to her attempting to kill him out of spite. She has also run afoul of several other magical heroes, like Doctor Strange, Doctor Fate, Zatanna and The White Council.

Clean Up 12/20/13: I had to update my favorite power couple for the Superior Thorpacoverse.

And speaking of her man (at least in my setting):

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SKURGE THE EXECUTIONER
PL: 13 (178 pts) - OPL: 13 ; DPL: 13

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 12, STAMINA 13, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 9, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Athletics 3 (+15), Deception (+1), Expertise [Tactics] 9 (+9), Insight (+2), Intimidation 9 (+10), Perception 3 (+5), Persuasion (+1), Stealth (+2), Vehicles 4 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Close Attack (2), Diehard, Follow-Up Strike*, Improved Critical (1) (Axe), Interpose, Languages (1) (English, Frost Giant, Base: Norse), Power Attack, Ranged Attack (8), Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Half Jotun Physiology: Protection 2, Impervious 2, Immunity 5 (Aging, Disease, Poison, Heat, Cold), Senses 2 (Normal Vision [Extended], Normal Hearing [Extended]), Enhanced Advantages 1 (Diehard), Feature 2 (Increased Mass 2), Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds); 18 pts
Asgardian Armor: 10 pts Traits, Removable (-2 pts); 8 pts
Asgardian Plate: Impervious 5; 10 pts
Executioner Axe: 43 pts Traits, Easy Removable (-18 pts); 25 pts
Axe Wielding: Enhanced Dodge 2, Enhanced Parry 2; 4 pts
Ice Snare: Line Area Affliction 12 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength/Damage; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized; Extra: Line Area [30 ft line], Cumulative, Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited to two Degrees); 36 pts
Fire/Ice Blast: Ranged Damage 13 (Extra: Penetrating 8, Variable Descriptor [Fire/Ice]); 1 pt
Axe Strike: Slashing Strength-based Damage 3, Enhanced Advantages 2 (Improved Smash, Weapon Break), (Extra: Dangerous, Penetrating 12); 1 pt
Slicing Through the Fabric of Time/Space: Movement 2 (Dimensional Movement 2 [9 Realms], Extra: Portal, Increased Mass 6 [3200 lbs]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +11 [Unarmed +12; Axe +15, Critical 18-20]
Ranged Attack +11 [Fire/Ice Blast +13, Critical 19-20]
Special Attack [Ice Snare Affliction +12, Line Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +7 (+9 with Axe) [DC17/19] Parry +9 (+11 with Axe) [DC19/21]
Toughness +15 (+7 Impervious), Fortitude +14, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
Honor: He does has a strong code of honor, despite some of his evil deeds.
Relationships: He is hopelessly in love with The Enchantress, even though she doesn't feel quite the same way but takes advantage of his feelings on a regular basis.
Rivalry: Thor.

Abilities 84 + Skills 14 (28 ranks) + Advantages 17 + Powers 51 + Defenses 12 = 178 / 178

Build Comments: Skurge is a long time Thor foe, and sometimes ally. He’s generally just an Ares-light type, but his Axe can do some serious damage and he’s held his own with Thor and other Marvel U super powerhouses many times. And he’s another character getting some decent run in the new Avengers cartoon, aiding The Enchantress and Loki in the current plot against the Avengers.

Secret Origins: Skurge was born in Jotunheim, and later became a warrior, gaining the name Executioner after fighting in a war against the Storm giants. Skurge has always had feelings for Amora, the Enchantress, and regularly aids her in various evil schemes to gain control of Asgard.

The Story so Far: Skurge the Executioner was seduced by the Enchantress into assisting her in many of her schemes over the years. But while the Executioner was as so infatuated with the Enchantress that he would do anything for her, she continually withheld her favors from him to keep him in thrall.

In his first encounter with Thor after he gained his human identity of Don Blake, Enchantress attempted unsuccessfully to seduce Blake, and then ordered the Executioner to dispose of Jane Foster, the mortal woman Thor then loved. Thor saved Foster and defeated both the Enchantress and Executioner.

In the following years the Enchantress and Skurge also allied themselves with Loki and Baron Zemo’s Masters of Evil. He was among many menaces assembled by Doctor Doom to disrupt the wedding of Reed Richards and Susan Storm. His most frequent adversaries during these years were Thor and the Avengers. He was with the Enchantress when she used one of Zemo's machines to transform one of the Baron's mercenaries into the first Power Man.

Characterization: Skurge is a brutal combatant, but also has a sense of honor. However, he remains hopelessly in love with Amora, The Enchantress, so he often puts that sense of honor aside to do her bidding.

Friends and Foes: Skurge is rarely seen without The Enchantress, even though she still flirts (if not more) with other men to get her way. This does NOT set well with him, however, but she continues to keep him under her sway in order to take advantage of his power.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:29 pm

Another item in our MORE POWER! Special is our first item for our Astro City Aisle!

There's never enough time...

THE SAMARITAN
PL: 13 (283 pts) - OPL: 13 ; DPL: 13

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 16, STAMINA 14, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 4, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 5

SKILLS: Athletics (+16), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+10), Deception 2 (+7), Expertise [Journalism] 3 (+7), Insight 6 (+11), Intimidation (+5), Perception 7 (+12), Persuasion 7 (+12), Ranged Combat [Empyrean Web] 5 (+10), Stealth (+2), Technology 4 (+8)

ADVANTAGES: Accurate Attack, Benefit (1) (Status – He’s The Samaritan), Diehard, Equipment (1), Extraordinary Effort, Interpose, Lionheart*, Minion (5) (Zyzometer), Ranged Attack (3), Ultimate Effort (1) (Ultimate Toughness Check)

POWERS:
Man Out of Time: Feature 1 (Temporal Inertia); 1 pt
Invulnerability: Protection 2, Impervious Toughness 8, Immunity 10 (Life Support); 28 pts
Super Senses: Senses 4 (Normal Vision [Extended 2], Normal Hearing [Extended 2]); 4 pts
The Closet: Movement 1 (Dimensional Earth/Closet, Extra: Portal); 3 pts
There's Never Enough Time: 33 pt Dynamic Array; 35 pts
Flight: Flight 15 (64,000 mph), Movement 1 (Space Travel 1), (Extra: Dynamic); 32 pts
Super-Speed: Speed 15 (64,000 mph), Quickness 15 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts

Empyrean Web: Create 16 (Extras: Stationary, Tether); 49 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(5ep)
Justice League Communicard: Senses 2 (Communication Link [Radio, Justice League Members), GPS, Feature 1 (Watchtower/Avengers Mansion Access), Benefit 1 (Justice League Status); 5ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +8
Unarmed +10 [Unarmed +16]
Ranged Attack +5
Empyrean Web +10 [Empyrean Web Create +16]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC18] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +16 (+8 Impervious, Ultimate Effort), Fortitude +15, Will +11

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Infidel, Kaizen Gamorra
Man out of Time: He was sent to this time to avert the space shuttle Challenger disaster and did but he is now stuck here
Responsibility: He feels the need to use his powers for the benefit of mankind, but there is never enough time…
Secret Identity: He has a secret identity of Asa Martin

Abilities 112 + Skills 18 (36 ranks) + Advantages 16 + Powers 120 + Defenses 17 = 283 / 283

Comments: For my first foray into Astro City, here is my first run at The Samaritan, the Superman analogue of that setting. If you haven't read any Astro City stuff, you really should. It's great Silver Age homage work.

Anyway, The Samaritan is a pretty standard paragon with the additional ability of his Empyrean Web. I wasn't quite sure how I wanted to work it in 3E so I went with Create for now, but I may change it to Move Object later.

Clean Up 11/12/11: The Samaritan goes up a PL in my big review.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: #29

Post by Thorpacolypse » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:56 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:Since insomnia has struck me again, let's keeping going with THE BIG GUNS OF THE THORPACOVERSE run. This item is also a GREEN LIGHT SPECIAL!

HULK SMASH!

And I still really miss Michael Turner... :(

THE HULK (SAVAGE)
PL: 15 (196 pp) - OPL: 15 ; DPL: 15

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 15 [17] [20], STAMINA 15 [17] [19], AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 1, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT -1, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE -1

SKILLS: Athletics (+15/+17/+20), Deception (-1), Insight 5 (+7), Intimidation 14 (+13), Perception 5 (+7), Persuasion (-1), Stealth (-2)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Close Attack (3), Fast Grab, Fearless, Improved Grab, Improved Smash, Power Attack, Ranged Attack (4), Second Chance (1) (Will Saves against Mind Control), Takedown (1)

ENHANCED ADVANTAGES: Diehard, Great Endurance

POWERS:
Hulk Size: Growth 4 (+4 Str, +4 Sta, -2 Dodge/Parry, -4 Stealth, +2 Intimidation, Speed +1, +4 Mass; Extra: Permanent, Innate); 9 pts
Healing Factor: Immunity 11 (Aging, Poisons [Limited], Need to Sleep, Thirst, Pressure, Heat, Cold, Radiation Effects), Enhanced Advantages 2 (see Advantages), Regeneration 5; 18 pts
HULK IS STRONGEST THERE IS!: Enhanced Strength 6 (6000 Tons/400,000 Tons, Flaw: Limited to Lifting); 6 pts
Hulk Hide: Protection 2, Impervious Toughness 8 (15 ranks); 17 pts
Incredible Leg Strength: Leaping 15 (30 miles), Speed 5 (60 mph); 20 pts
Incredible Senses: Senses 4 (Normal Vision [Counters Concealment]; Direction Sense, Distance Sense [Limited to location of origin]; 3 pts
Super Strength Stunts: Alternate Effect Array from Strength (3 pts)
AE - Sonic Slam: Cone Area Affliction 13 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, Extra: Area Cone, Flaw: Limited to Two Degrees); 1 pt
AE - Super-Breath: Cone Area Move Object 13 (Flaw: Close Range, Limited Direction [towards or away]); 1 pt
AE - Groundstrike: Burst Area Affliction 13 (Resisted by Dodge; 1st: Hindered, 2nd: Prone, Extras: Area Burst, Linked, Flaws: Limited to two degrees, Instant Recovery, Limited [Hulk must be on the ground, targets must be on the ground]); Linked Effect: Damage 13 (Extras: Area Burst, Linked, Flaws: Limited to Objects, Limited [Hulk must be on the ground, targets must be on the ground]); 1 pt

Hulking Out: Enhanced Strength 3, Enhanced Stamina 2 (Flaw: Uncontrolled); 5 pts
Total Hulk Out: Enhanced Strength 2, Enhanced Stamina 2, Enhanced Protection 1, Enhanced Advantage 1 (Close Attack), Enhanced Regeneration 2 (Flaw: Uncontrolled); 8 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +9 (+10 with Total Hulk Out) [Unarmed +15; Hulking Out Unarmed +17; Total Hulk Out Unarmed +20]
Ranged Attack +5
Special Attack [Groundstrike Affliction +13, Area Burst; Groundstrike Damage +13, Area Burst]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +6 [DC16] Parry +8 [DC18]
Toughness +15 (+8 Impervious, +17 when Hulking Out, +20 with Total Hulk Out), Fortitude +15 (+17 when Hulking Out, +19 with Total Hulk Out), Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Thunderbolt Ross, The Abomination, The Leader and others
Identity: When calm or he has his energy drained, he reverts to his Bruce Banner form (see Banner build)
Temper: He can get a WEE bit angry at times, causing him to do the wrong thing but never to mean to hurt innocents

Abilities 62 + Skills 11 (22 ranks) + Advantages 19 + Powers 86 + Defenses 18 = 196 / 196

Comments: HULK SMASH!

Here is the Savage Hulk of the 3E Thorpacoverse. He wasn't a hard build except figuring out how to mimic his Rage. I went with an Uncontrolled Strength enhancement for now, but I might go back work up something more equivalent to 2E Rage later on. I kept him a PL below Superman and Thor, but that can be deceiving since his Toughness when he's Hulking Out is at 20, making it hard for either of them to hurt him. Plus he can outlift them, actually. But my goal for my setting was to keep everyone but those two exemplars of the big comic universes heroes and some villains (who have to be a higher PL of course for gaming challenges) at PL13 max. Considering he's not the most accurate melee combatant in the world, I think it works fine.

Clean Up 11/19/10: HULK GET CLEAN UP! OK, so I decided to make Hulk a liiiiittle more powerful at the top end. He's still a PL12-ish at base, then he goes up to around PL13 then with a TOTAL Hulk Out, he goes to PL15. I guess I could have used one power structure with the Uncontrolled, but I liked 2, at least for now.
While I was looking at the MORE POWER! type builds, I figured I'd take another run at The Hulk. I took his top end power higher since I know he has taken on the Avengers with Thor and won even without being all Green Scar Hulked Out. So he can go to about a 15 on offense and 14.5 on defense with a Total Hulk Out, which should be more than enough to take on a general group of 4-6 Avengers most of the time.

However, it should be noted that I am combining the Justice League and Avengers into one group for my setting for now and splitting that larger group into subteams, mixing up the old groups a bit with Thor, Iron Man, Superman, Captain America, Batman and Wonder Woman floating between several groups and overseeing things as a whole. Kind of a less assholic Illuminati.
Shop J-Mart!

MrMorrison
Sidekick
Sidekick

Re: J-Mart 3E: Enchantress, Executioner, Samaritan

Post by MrMorrison » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:27 am

Nice Samaritan. I am glad you decided to add in the Super-senses and the "Closet." I've been considering the need to do this since going back and rereading the date story as I worked on Winged Victory.

I wasn't sure about "The Closet" if it was his or if it was a space shared by Honor Guard so I left it off... but you've got me thinking about revamping my Samaritan a little.

scc
Zealot
Zealot

Post by scc » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:12 pm

I love the More Power theme. Always enjoy seeing teamwrecker villians, as well as jobbers of course.

Unknown Soldier
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Unknown Soldier » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:05 pm

Hey! I've been looking for some Fallout builds (Super Mutants, Nightkin, Random Baddies), so I'm going to request some here! Thanks!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:04 pm

Unknown Soldier wrote:Hey! I've been looking for some Fallout builds (Super Mutants, Nightkin, Random Baddies), so I'm going to request some here! Thanks!
I...haven't played Fallout (please don't stone me!) so I'm going to have to put the NOW HIRING sign up and put a call out to the J-Mart Team for these. :D
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: #55

Post by Thorpacolypse » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:28 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:Our last Villain addition for the night is a RED LIGHT SPECIAL for Aisle 2!

OK, so the mustache...why does it disappear when he Rulks out?

THE RED HULK
PL: 14 (267 pp) - OPL: 14 ; DPL: 14

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 17, STAMINA 15, AGILITY 1, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 7, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Athletics (+17), Deception 8 (+10), Expertise [Military] 13 (+15), Insight 5 (+7) [Assessment], Intimidation 11 (+13) [Startle], Investigation 5 (+7), Perception 5 (+7), Persuasion (+2), Ranged Combat [Firearms] 3 (+11), Stealth (-3), Technology 5 (+7), Vehicles 5 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Assessment, Benefit (1) (Military Clearance), Chokehold, Close Attack (4), Favored Foe (The Hulk), Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative (1), Leadership, Lionheart*, Power Attack, Ranged Attack (6), Startle, Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Rulk Size: Growth 4 (+4 Str, +4 Sta, -2 Dodge/Parry, -4 Stealth, +2 Intimidation, Speed +1, +4 Mass; Extra: Permanent, Innate); 9 pts
Healing Factor: Immunity 6 (Aging, Poisons [Limited], Need to Sleep, Thirst, Pressure, Heat, Cold), Enhanced Advantages 2 (see Advantages), Regeneration 5; 13 pts
Super-Strength!: Enhanced Strength 5 (100K Tons, Flaw: Limited to Lifting); 5 pts
Rulk Hide: Protection 4, Impervious Toughness 8 (15 ranks); 19 pts
Incredible Leg Strength: Leaping 15 (30 miles), Speed 5 (60 mph); 20 pts
Incredible Senses: Senses 2 (Normal Vision [Counters Concealment]); 2 pts
Super Strength Stunts: Alternate Effect Array from Strength (3 pts)
AE - Sonic Slam: Cone Area Affliction 13 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, Extra: Area Cone, Flaw: Limited to Two Degrees); 1 pt
AE - Super-Breath: Cone Area Move Object 13 (Flaw: Close Range, Limited Direction [towards or away]); 1 pt
AE - Groundstrike: Burst Area Affliction 13 (Resisted by Dodge; 1st: Hindered, 2nd: Prone, Extras: Area Burst, Linked, Flaws: Limited to two degrees, Instant Recovery, Limited [Hulk must be on the ground, targets must be on the ground]);
Linked Effect: Damage 13 (Extras: Area Burst, Linked, Flaws: Limited to Objects, Limited [Hulk must be on the ground, targets must be on the ground]); 1 pt

Gamma Radiation Aura: Area Burst Affliction 2 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Impaired, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Area Burst); 4 pts
The Madder He Gets, The Hotter He Gets: Enhanced Burst Area Affliction 8 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Impaired, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Area Burst, Flaw: Fades); 8 pts
Gamma Radiation Absorption: Immunity 10 (Radiation Damage/Effects); 10 pts
Gamma Energy Draining: Grab Based Affliction 14 (Resisted by Fort; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Transformed, Extra: Cumulative, Flaw: Range [Grab-Based], Limited [Affects Gamma Radiation Based Beings only]); 7 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +5
Close Attack +11 [Unarmed +17]
Ranged Attack +8
Special Attack [Gamma Radiation Aura +2, Area Burst; Enhanced Gamma Radiation Aura +10 Area Burst]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +7 [DC17] Parry +7 [DC17]
Toughness +19 (+8 Impervious), Fortitude +16, Will +11

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: The Hulk
Identity: Very few people know he is really Thunderbolt Ross, Relationships: He is very protective of his daughter, Betty Ross-Banner, despite their many issues
Responsibility: He feels it is his responsibility to protect America and destroy The Hulk
Temper: Thanks to influx of gamma radiation, he can lose his already considerable temper more easily
Weakness: When he gets mad, his radiation aura increases and if he stays hot for more than 5 rounds, he gets tired then exhausted the following round
Weakness: Absorbing Negative Zone radiation imposes the exhausted condition on him

Abilities 96 + Skills 29 (58 ranks) + Advantages 26 + Powers 96 + Defenses 20 = 267 / 267

Comments: Even though the Red Hulk reveal was a bit of a letdown, seeing as how it was exactly who I thought it was, I dig old Rulky. At least Ross has some decent motivation for hating the Hulk and wanting to have the power he has. Plus, I always liked Ross as a pain in the ass villain.

In my setting, he is secretly working for someone in a high place, making sure that Rogers' turn as top cop doesn't go smoothly enough for it to be a long term situation.

Clean Up 11/24/10: Rulk gets a clean up. Took him up a PL and added his Gamma Draining Affliction which he has used a lot recently so I felt it deserved more than power stunt status.
Rulk gets a little love here as we continue our MORE POWER! run. I had to drop a few of my pulls for now since I have to pay for the lovely medical bills from the Mrs. Thorpacolypses' broken leg, but I am really considering added The Avengers just because Rulk is on the team now. Should be craaaazzay fun!
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: #27

Post by Thorpacolypse » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:38 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:Without further ado, The JM is kicking off a new special for this weekend. We're rolling out THE BIG GUNS OF THE THORPACOVERSE! And they don't get any bigger than this one...

It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then... he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him. -- Batman

SUPERMAN (KAL-EL)
PL: 14 (251 pp) - OPL: 14 ; DPL: 14

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 18, STAMINA 15, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 5

SKILLS: Athletics (+18), Deception (+5), Expertise [Farmer] 3 (+5), Expertise [Journalism] 6 (+8), Insight 5 (+10), Intimidation (+5), Perception 5 (+10), Persuasion 7 (+12), Ranged Combat [Heat Vision] 5 (+10), Stealth (+2), Technology 3 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Accurate Attack, Benefit (1) (He’s Superman), Close Attack (2), Connected, Equipment (5), Extraordinary Effort, Improved Initiative (1), Inspire (1), Interpose, Languages (1) (Kryptonian, Base: English), Lionheart*, Luck (1), Perfect Timing, Ranged Attack (3), Ultimate Effort (2) (Ultimate Toughness, Ultimate Strength)

POWERS:
More Powerful Than a Locomotive: Enhanced Strength 5 (200K Tons; Flaw: Limited to Lifting); 5 pts
Invulnerability: Protection 3, Impervious Toughness 9 (17 pts), Enhanced Advantages 2 (see Advantages), Immunity 10 (Life Support), Regeneration 5 (Flaw: Limited [Requires direct exposure to yellow sunlight); 35 pts
Powers Far Beyond Those of Mortal Men: Dynamic Array, 31 pt array; 39 pts
Able to Leap Tall Buildings: Flight 13 (16,000 mph), Movement 2 (Space Travel 2), (Extra: Dynamic); 31 pts
DAE - Faster Than a Speeding Bullet: Speed 15, Quickness 15; 2 pt

DAE - Heat Vision: Heat Ranged Damage 15; 2 pts
DAE - Super Cold Breath: Cone Area Affliction 14 (Resisted by Dodge; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized; Extra: Area Cone, Cumulative, Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited 2 to degrees, Distracting); 2 pts
DAE - Super-Breath: Cone Area Move Object 14 (Extra: Area Cone 2 [60 ft], Flaw: Range [Close], Limited Direction [towards or away]); 2 pts
DAE - Super Senses: Senses 19 (Normal Hearing [Acute and Extended 2],
Normal Vision [Extended 3], Infravision [Extended], Microscopic Vision 4, Ultra-
Hearing [Extended], Vision Penetrates Concealment [Extended, Flaw: Cannot see through lead]); 2 pt2[/i]

EQUIPMENT:
(25ep)
Headquarters: (25ep)
Fortress of Solitude (see DCA core book)

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +10 [Unarmed +18]
Ranged Attack +5
Heat Vision +10 [Heat Vision +15]
Special Attacks [Super Cold Breath +14, Area Cone; Super Breath Move Object +14, Area Cone]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +18 (+9 Impervious, Ultimate Effort), Fortitude +16, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Identity: Clark Kent, mild-mannered reporter for the Daily Planet
Power Loss: Superman loses his powers and his Str and Sta are reduced to 3 under a red sun, like that of Krypton, and other effects draining or interfering with the energies of the yellow sun can deprive him of his powers
Relationships: Superman’s closest relationship is with his wife, Lois Lane. Other important people in his life include his mother, Martha Kent, and friends and co-workers Jimmy Olsen, Perry White, and Catherine “Cat” Grant
Responsibility: Superman feels a strong sense of responsibility to use his powers for the benefit of all
Weakness: Superman is as vulnerable to magic as anyone else. His Toughness is not Impervious against magical attacks and he loses his 3 ranks of Protection
Weakness: Kryptonite...Its radiation saps the Strength and powers of Kryptonians, leaving them impaired, disabled, and eventually debilitated in terms of Strength and power effects. Long-term exposure (usually a matter of minutes, less for a large enough amount) imposes the dying condition and may lead to death

Abilities 114 + Skills 17 (34 ranks) + Advantages 26 + Powers 78 + Defenses 16 = 251 / 251

Comments: Look, I know the DCA group at Green Ronin have done, and will do some excellent builds. I believe the builds in the DCA core book are generally excellent. They are fin versions of the iconic characters, they show how to use the system and Kenson's Batman is genius, IMHO.

HOW-EV-AH

I have to build DC characters. I don’t want to. I have to. It’s part of my disease, CCCS, Compulsive Character Creation Syndrome that I have been afflicted with since I started playing D&D back in the 80’s. It got worse with MnM 2E has not abated as only thing stopping me from statting all the time are the silly distractions of family and work. And as the original J-Mart proves, I love to build the big names over and over and over with different takes. And that will not change with 3E. So I will keep building DC character up to and after Heroes and Villains 1 & 2 come out. 'Cause that's what I do.

So here is my Superman. I borrowed from the DCA version of course, but took him down a PL and gave him a little Thorpacoverse house rule flavor and tweaks to make him how I like him. I'm still iffy on the Kryptonian setup at this point, but trust me, there will be updates as we get more new 3E books and as I continue to get comfortable with the system.

In the Thorpacoverse, he is pretty much his usual self. However, the main players in my world, meaning the usual suspects of Supes, Batman, Wonder Woman, Thor, Steve Rogers and Iron Man are members of both the Justice League and The Avengers in order to foster more commaradarie between the big time teams of the Thorpacoverse and the superhero community overall. None of them are working with either team all the time, but any of them could show up in future Thorpacoverse type team rumbles and such.

Clean Up 11/24/10: Clark gets a clean up. I did a little shifting with his power, making several of them part of a dynamic array. I can't wait to test it. I find it hard to believe it will be a big issue mechanically, but we'll see.
MORE POWER! gets some more big name recognition with a change to my Superman build. I upped his Heat Vision blast to 15 ranks, along sliding several of his powers into a dynamic array. It will be interesting to see how big of a pain it is to play. Outside of a few situations, though, I think it will be fine, especially since I GM myself. :wink:
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:17 pm

We get back to new builds as we continue our MORE POWER! run.

I only live to serve the Sh'iar Empire.

And for White Castle. I owe Xavier for introducing me to belly bombers...

GLADIATOR (KALLARK)
PL: 14 (268 pp) - OPL: 14 ; DPL: 14

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 17, STAMINA 14, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 9, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Acrobatics 3 (+5), Athletics (+16), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+11), Deception (+3), Expertise [Tactics] 8 (+10), Insight 8 (+11), Intimidation 6 (+9), Perception 6 (+9), Persuasion 4 (+7), Ranged Combat [Heat Vision] 5 (+10), Stealth (+2), Technology 3 (+5), Vehicles 3 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (2) (Status – Leader of Imperial Guard), Improved Hold, Improved Initiative (1), Interpose, Languages (2) (English, Kree, Base: Sh’iar), Leadership, Power Attack, Ranged Attack (3), Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Invulnerability: Protection 4, Impervious 8, Immunity 10 (Life Support); 30 pts
Super Strength: Enhanced Strength 5 (100,000 Tons; Flaw: Limited to Lifting); 5 pts
Flight and Super-Speed: 33 pt Dynamic Array; 35 pts
Flight: Flight 14 (32,000 mph), Movement 2 (Space Travel 2) (Extra: Dynamic); 33 pts
Super Speed: Speed 14 (32,000 mph), Quickness 8 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts

Gladiator Power: 31 pt Dynamic Array; 35 pts
Heat Vision: Heat Ranged Damage 15 (Extra: Dynamic); 31 pts
Super-Breath: Cone Area Move Object 14 (Extra: Area Cone 2 [60 ft], Dynamic, Flaw: Range [Close], Limited Direction [towards or away]); 2 pts
Super Senses: Senses 15 (Normal Hearing [Acute and Extended 2], Normal Vision [Extended 2], Microscopic Vision 4, Ultra-Hearing [Extended], Vision Penetrates Concealment [Extended, Flaw: Cannot see through lead]; Extra: Dynamic); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +11 [Unarmed +17]
Ranged Attack +5
Heat Vision +10 [Heat Vision +15]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +18 (+8 Impervious), Fortitude +15, Will +13

COMPLICATIONS:
Honor: He has a code of honor to live by with his position is the leader of the Imperial Guard
Power Loss: His power level is based on his confidence. If it is shaken, he can lose ranks of his powers and abilities down to STR 4, STA 4, FGT 5
Responsibility: To the majestrix of the Sh'iar
Weakness: He, and all of the Sh'iar are vulnerable to a specific wavelength of radiation

Abilities 104 + Skills 24 (48 ranks) + Advantages 13 + Powers 107 + Defenses 20 = 268 / 268

Comments: So Gladiator is another Superman, or possibly Mon-El analogue, since the Imperial Guard were an…homage (I’ll be nice and not say rip-off) of the Legion of Superheroes. But since his name is Kallark (a combination of Kal-El and Clark, obviously), we’ll assume he's a Superman…homage.

He’s been around a long time in the Marvel U and has played a major role in the latest Cosmic Marvel crossover, War of Kings, where he has taken over as Majestrix of the Sh’iar since Vulcan and Black Bolt blew themselves up. Normally he just stands around behind Deathbird or Lilandra looking tough until the writers need an X-Man humbled for messing with them, then he comes and kicks ass.

His quirk as a powerhouse is that his powers are dependent on his confidence. If he starts getting his ass handed to him, he fades like cheap flowers. I didn’t make him as strong as the Captain Marvel's or Superman’s of my setting because I don’t see that, but he is as Tough and he can rumble with a team of X-Men or take Vulcan (not his War of Kings totally pumped version, though) out if need be.

Vulcan and a big Cosmic Marvel run will be coming later on after I use my Christmas cash for Annihilation and War of Kings, which I have been putting off buying for too long!
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:24 pm

I used to HATE Gladiator, but, recent books like War of Kings and more recently the Thanos Imperative changed that some. I'm gonna miss Richard Rider and Star Lord though...at least until some enterprising writer pops them and Thanos out of the remains of the Cancerverse.