J-Mart: Preparing for Relocation... :)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
cassius335
Champion
Champion

Re: J-Mart 3E: PCs - Red Hood, Batman (Grayson), Batgirl x2

Postby cassius335 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:09 am

Nice Batgirl builds. Now we just need either Batman Inc or Batgirl to get Steph and Cass back together as partners.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Re: #74

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:43 am

Thorpacolypse wrote:Another staple of the J-Mart Franchise hits the shelves.

The Gun Kata. Through analysis of thousands of recorded gunfights, the Cleric has determined that the geometric distribution of antagonists in any gun battle is a statistically predictable element. The gun kata treats the gun as a total weapon, each fluid position representing a maximum kill zone, inflicting maximum damage on the maximum number of opponents while keeping the defender clear of the statistically traditional trajectories of return fire. By the rote mastery of this art, your firing efficiency will rise by no less than 120%. The difference of a 63% increase to lethal proficiency makes the master of the gun katas an adversary not to be taken lightly.

JOHN PRESTON PC
PL: 9 (135 pp) - OPL: 9 ; DPL: 9

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 9, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Acrobatics 6 (+10), Athletics 4 (+7), Close Combat [Swords] 2 (+13), Expertise [Criminology] 5 (+7), Insight 6 (+8), Investigation 7 (+9), Perception 7 (+9), Ranged Combat [Firearms] 4 (+13), Sleight of Hand 3 (+8), Stealth 4 (+8)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (1) (SHIELD Clearance), Close Attack (2), Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (1), Equipment (3), Evasion (1), Improved Aim, Improved Critical (4) (Unarmed, Swords, Firearms 2), Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative (2), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (4), Takedown (2), Uncanny Dodge

POWERS:
Gun Kata: 20 pts traits, Easily Removable (-8 pts); 12 pts
Gun Kata: Ranged Shapeable Area Damage 5 (Extra: Ranged Shapeable Area 2 [60 ft. area]); 20 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(15ep)
Cleric Robes: Protection 1; 1ep
Arsenal: (14ep)
Twin Heavy Machine Pistols: Ballistic Ranged Damage 4, Extra: Multiattack, Split; 100 ft range, Medium; 13ep
Katana: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 3, Critical 19-20, Medium; 4ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +12
Close Attack +11 [Unarmed +2, Critical 19-20]
Swords +13 [Katanas +5, Critical 18-20]
Ranged Attack +9
Firearms +13 [Gun Kata +5, Shapeable Area 2; Heavy Machine Pistols +4, Critical 18-20, Multiattack]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +13 [DC23] Parry +13 [DC23]
Toughness +5, Fortitude +5, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:
Relationships: His son and daughter
Responsibility: If being played prior to the events of Equilibrium, he has the responsibility to upload the law and capture Sense Offenders. If it’s during, he has a responsibility to the Resistance. If it’s after, in my setting, he has fled Libria and would be working for some organization like SHIELD, Checkmate or some other countries’ defense organization

Abilities 56 + Skills 24 (48 ranks) + Advantages 25 + Powers 12 + Defenses 18 = 135 / 135

Comments: One of the staples of the J-Mart franchise, John Preston from Equilibrium. Not a lot of changes from my 2E conversion of him other than a slight change to his Gun Kata ability. In 3E, Targeted Area has been replaced by Ranged Area (same thing, different name near as I can tell) and he has to pay an extra cost for the extra range, but it’s still a wicked ability. With an 60 ft. shapeable area, he can wipe out up to 12 goons a round, which seems to track with what he did in the movie.

Clean Up 11/27/10: I finally got what Xarathos and others were getting at about Removable not distinguishing between the Device and Require Medium/item structures in 2E. After looking at Taliesin's Cap and USAgent builds again, I realized my flaw. So I am fixing Preston and my Steve Rogers and Bucky Cap builds to get those mechanics right.

Finally got what Xarathos and Eld were trying to tell me about Removable in 3E after looking at Taliesin's USAgent build. So I cleaned up Preston and I'm working on the Cap builds. Will also make my upcoming GL PC builds 3E appropriate. I even had enough pts to get his Strength up to 3, where catsi563 recommended.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Re: #15

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:50 am

Thorpacolypse wrote:A JM Favorite item hits the Aisle 2 shelves as part of our new 3E Villains Line!

No joking here, folks. He may be fictional, but I'm still scared he'd have me whacked if I disrespected him...

THE KINGPIN
PL: 10 (188 pp) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 6, STAMINA 6, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 5, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 5

SKILLS: Acrobatics 2 (+5), Athletics (+6), Deception 10 (+15) [Skill Mastery], Expertise [Business] 6 (+11), Expertise [Streetwise] 15 (+20), Insight 7 (+12), Intimidation 10 (+15) [Daze, Skill Mastery, Startle], Investigation 7 (+12) [Contacts, Well-Informed], Perception 5 (+10), Persuasion 8 (+13) [Connected], Stealth (+3)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Benefit (5) (Status – He’s The Kingpin, Wealth 4), Chokehold, Clean* (2), Close Attack (3), Connected, Contacts, Daze (1) (Intimidation), Defensive Roll (1), Equipment (9), Fast Grab, Favored Foe (Daredevil), Improved Hold, Improved Initiative (1), Languages (2) (Spanish, Japanese, Base: English), Leadership, Minion (6) (25 Thugs), Ranged Attack (6), Skill Mastery (2) (Deception, Intimidation), Startle, Takedown (1), Tough* (3), Ultimate Effort (1) (Ultimate Toughness), Well-Informed

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(45ep)
37ep for EQ, HQ, Vehicle, etc.
Arsenal: (8ep)
Kingpin Cane: Electrical Damage 8 (Extra: Reach 2 [15 ft], Flaw: Unreliable [5 uses]); 6ep
AE - Cane Strike: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 1 (Extra: Reach [10 ft]); 1ep
Sleeping Gas Stickpin: Affliction 8 (Resisted by Will; 1st: Fatigued, 2nd: Exhausted, 3rd: Asleep; Flaw: Unreliable [1 use]); 1ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +7
Close Attack +13 [Unarmed +6; Kingpin Cane Strike +7; Kingpin Cane Blast +8; Stick Pin Affliction +8]
Ranged Attack +8

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +10 (Ultimate Effort), Fortitude +10, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Daredevil, Spider-Man, several other big time crime lords
Honor: He is usually true to his word, he just doesn't give it very often

Abilities 84 + Skills 35 (70 ranks) + Advantages 53 + Powers 0 + Defenses 16 = 188 / 188

Comments: The Kingpin gets The JM 3E treatment. Always a fave of mine, his recent interpretation have given a whole new layer of depth to a character who was just originally portrayed as a stereotypical super crime lord.

From the build standpoint, I was really iffy about his strength. Technically he’s about a 4 per the Marvel U Wiki, but that just didn’t seem high enough so I went 6. He’s never really been shown to lift that much, but I really wanted him to stand well above DD and close to Spidey, so I’m using a bit of creative license. I also didn’t want to go much higher on the points so I am writing off the whole gas shooting stick pin for a power stunt, at least for now.

In the Thorpacoverse, he is back to building his empire in New York, having taken back a large portion of his territory from The Hood and Mister Negative, and is preparing for a big time war. He is also attempting to spread his influence to other cities. He’s not making a full scale grab for Gotham right now, but he is getting his feelers out to see what can be done under the ever vigilant eye of the Bat. He is moving more aggressively into Metropolis, trying to cut deals with Luthor and Intergang.

Clean Up 11/27/10: I decided to raise The Kinpin up to PL10, making him more of a challenge for DD physically. Not many other changes, just a little skill and advantage cleaning.

The Kingpin gets a little clean up. He is such a fun character to build. You can build him at 150 pts or 250 pts depending on your interpretation and/or setting and feel like you have him down. He makes street level Marvel so much better when he's involved.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:30 pm

Check out this new item in our Full Metal Alchemist Line!

Maybe you are right. Where did I come from and where will I go when I die? Maybe all this time that is what I wanted: the freedom to find out. - Lust

LUST
PL: 9 (190 pts) - OPL: 9 ; DPL: 9

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 5, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Acrobatics 4 (+8), Athletics (+2), Close Combat [Ultimate Lance] 2 (+10), Deception 8 (+12/+14) [Attractive, Daze, Taunt], Expertise [Alchemy] 2 (+4), Insight 6 (+9), Intimidation 3 (+7), Investigation 3 (+5), Perception (+3), Persuasion 6 (+10/+12) [Attractive], Sleight of Hand 5 (+7), Stealth 3 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Attractive (1), Daze (1) (Deception), Defensive Roll (1), Improved Critical (2) (Ultimate Lance 2), Improved Initiative (1), Languages (1) (Ishvalan, 1 other, Base: English), Set-Up (1), Takedown (1), Taunt

POWERS:
Homunculus Physiology: Immunity 12 (Life support, Aging, Sleep), Regeneration 15 (1/every round, 2 every other round), Immortality 17 (1 Minute); 61 pts
Ultimate Lance: Piercing/Slashing Strength-Based Damage 6 (Extra: Penetrating 8, Reach 4 [20 ft]); 18 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8
Close Attack +8 [Unarmed +2]
Lance Strike +10 [Ultimate Lance +8, Critical 18-20]
Ranged Attack +2

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +6, Fortitude +9, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Conflicted: Lust has a strong desire to be human again which sometimes makes her question her role in her master's plan
Motivation: To gather whatever resources are needed to create a Philosopher's Stone
Relationships: She has a mistress/pet relationship with Gluttony
Responsibility: To serve her master
Vulnerable: Homunculi are all weakened by being in the presence of their remains or personal items from their former life. In these situations, they lose their all their powers and become hindered and impaired
Weakness: The homunculi must ingest incomplete Philosopher's Stones on a regular basis to maintain their abilities. Significant time without them can cause them to become impaired, vulnerable and eventually incapacitated

Abilities 60 + Skills 21 (42 ranks) + Advantages 10 + Powers 79 + Defenses 20 = 190 / 190

Comments: Thought I would work on a few more Full Metal Alchemist builds while people were digging them. This is Lust, the first homunculus we see in the series. First of all, I have to state that I am building the homunculi based on the first anime, since I have not read the manga, nor have I watched much of Brotherhood, even though what I saw, I liked. So that’s why she has the complications she has, and the other homunculi will follow suit. I might take a run at some of the manga/2nd anime homunculi just because, but they will be purely wiki-fueled, so the quality may be lacking (even more than it usually is with my builds). :wink:

Lust was one of my favorite characters in the series. They made her more complex, where she was the one homunculus that longed to be human again and still had a connection to her former life via Scar. Prior to her change of heart, she was a vicious shrew and she was great at it, being hot and deadly and a great “face” for the homunculi.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:43 pm

Our Full Metal Alchemist builds keep on coming with this new item for Aisle 9!

I'm greedy as hell, only out for myself.... She always said it would be the death of me... They pull the strings... now cut them. I'm counting on you, kid... - Greed

GREED
PL: 9 (169 pts) - OPL: 9 ; DPL: 9

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 4, STAMINA 5, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 5, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Athletics 3 (+7), Close Combat [Unarmed] 4 (+9), Deception 8 (+10) [Taunt], Expertise [Alchemy] 4 (+5), Insight 6 (+7), Intimidation 3 (+5), Investigation 3 (+4), Perception (+1), Persuasion 8 (+10), Ranged Combat [Guns] 3 (+5), Stealth (+3)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Improved Initiative (1),Takedown (1), Taunt

POWERS:
Homunculus Physiology: Immunity 11 (Life support, Aging, Sleep), Regeneration 15 (1/every round, 2 every other round), Immortality 17 (1 Minute); 61 pts
Ultimate Shield: Protection 8 (Flaw: Sustained), Impervious 5 (Flaw: Sustained), Enhanced Fortitude 4 (Flaw: Sustained), Bludgeoning Strength-based Damage 5; 27 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +7
Close Attack +5
Unarmed +9 [Unarmed +4; Ultimate Shield Strike +9]
Ranged Attack +2
Guns +5

DEFENSES:
Dodge +5 [DC15] Parry +5 [DC15]
Toughness +5 (+13 with Ultimate Shield, +5 Impervious with Ultimate Shield), Fortitude +7 (+11 with Ultimate Shield), Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Arrogance: Greed has the ultimate confidence in his abilities and the fact that he can't be hurt
Motivation: Duh…greed…
Vulnerable: Homunculi are all weakened by being in the presence of their remains or personal items from their former life. In these situations, they lose their all their powers and become hindered and impaired
Weakness: The homunculi must ingest incomplete Philosopher's Stones on a regular basis to maintain their abilities. Significant time without them can cause them to become impaired, vulnerable and eventually incapacitated

Abilities 46 + Skills 21 (42 ranks) + Advantages 4 + Powers 88 + Defenses 10 = 169 / 169

Comments: Greed is another fun homunculus from FMA. He was the “cool” one of the group, breaking off from the rest to pursue his own greed fueled personal goals. However, that made him the first one to croak as well, but he went out in style in both the 1st anime and 2nd anime.

His Ultimate Shield makes him a nightmare for FMA versa characters because that, along with regeneration, make him exceptionally hard to kill. Ed was only able to do it in the first anime because he figured out how to transmute his Ultimate Shield shell and then they went into the room where his original bones were, which killed off his regeneration. Other than that, he’s nightmare to deal with and as Kreuz noted on his 2E build of him, he’d be a great street level crime boss, with his indestructibility and his desire to have everything.

Here he is with his Ultimate Shield up. He's not nearly as pretty, but a damn hard kill.

Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:18 am, edited 6 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:29 pm

Our check out this SUPER item!

It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then... he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him. -- Batman

SUPERMAN (KAL-EL)
PL: 15 (294 pts) - OPL: 15 ; DPL: 15

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 19, STAMINA 15, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 5

SKILLS: Athletics 2 (+21), Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+11), Deception (+5), Expertise [Farmer] 2 (+5), Expertise [Journalism] 4 (+7), Insight 3 (+7), Intimidation (+5), Investigation 2 (+5), Perception 6 (+10), Persuasion 5 (+10) [Connected], Stealth (+2), Technology 5 (+8)

ADVANTAGES: Beginner's Luck, Benefit (1) (Status – He’s Superman), Connected, Diehard, Equipment (5), Extraordinary Effort, Great Endurance, Improved Initiative (5), Inspire (2), Interpose, Languages (3) (Kryptonian, Spanish, Russian, French, Farsi, 5 others, Base; English), Leadership, Luck (Edit Scene) (1), Luck (Improve Roll) (1), Power Attack, Ranged Attack (5), Ultimate Effort (2) (Ultimate Strength Check, Ultimate Toughness Check)

POWERS:
More Powerful Than a Locomotive: Enhanced Strength 5 (400,000 Tons; Flaw: Limited to Lifting); 5 pts
Invulnerability: Protection 4, Impervious Toughness 9, Enhanced Advantages 2 (Diehard, Great Endurance), Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support), Regeneration 3 (1/every 3 rounds; Extra: Persistent, Flaw: Limited [Requires exposure to yellow sunlight]); 38 pts
Faster Than a Speeding Bullet: 33 pt Dynamic Array; 37 pts
Able to Leap Tall Buildings: Flight 16 (128,000 mph/250 mpr; Extra: Dynamic); 33 pts
Super Speed: Speed 16 (128,000 mph/250 mpr), Quickness 8, Enhanced Advantages 5 (Improved Initiative 5), (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Space Travel: Movement 2 (Space Travel 2 [Other Star Systems], Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts

Powers Far Beyond Those of Mortal Men: 32 pt Array; 35 pts
Heat Vision: Ranged Heat Damage 15 (Extra: Accurate 2); 32 pts
Super-Breath: Cone Area Move Object 10 (Air; Extra: Cone Area [60 ft cone], Flaw: Range [Close], Limited Direction [towards or away]); 1 pt
Freezing Breath: Cone Area Cumulative Affliction 10 (Ice; Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength/Damage; 1st: Hindered, 2nd: Immobilized, 3rd: Paralyzed, Extra: Cone Area [60 ft cone]); 1 pt
Super Senses: Senses 19 (Normal Vision [Extended 3, Penetrates Concealment, Flaw: Cannot see through lead], Normal Hearing [Acute, Extended 3], Infravision [Extended], Microscopic Vision 4 [Atomic], Ultra-Hearing [Extended]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(25 pts)
Headquarters: (25 pts)
Fortress of Solitude: Size – H, Tough – 20, Features - Communications, Computer, Concealed 3 [+20 DC], Defense System, Hangar, Holding Cells, Infirmary, Isolated, Laboratory, Library, Living Space, Power System, Security System); 25 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2 (+22 with Super Speed)
Close Attack +8
Unarmed +11 [Unarmed +19]
Ranged Attack +7
Heat Vision +11 [Heat Vision +15]
Special Attack [Super Breath Move Object +10, Cone Area; Freezing Breath Affliction +10, Cone Area]

DEFENSES:
Toughness +19 (+9 Impervious, Ultimate Effort), Fortitude +16, Will +14

COMPLICATIONS:
Normal Identity: Superman loses his powers and his Str and Sta are reduced to 3 under a red sun, like that of Krypton, and other effects draining or interfering with the energies of the yellow sun can deprive him of his powers.
Relationships: Superman’s closest relationship is with his wife, Lois Lane. Other important people in his life include his mother and father, Martha and Jonathan Kent, his cousin, Supergirl, his adopted sons, Conner and Chris Kent, and friends and co-workers Jimmy Olsen, Perry White, and Catherine “Cat” Grant. In the superhero community he is close to Batman, Wonder Woman and Thor.
Responsibility: Superman feels a strong sense of responsibility to use his powers for the benefit of all.
Secret Identity: Clark Kent, mild-mannered reporter for the Daily Planet.
Vulnerable: Superman is as vulnerable to magic as anyone else. His Toughness is not Impervious against magical attacks and he loses his ranks of Protection.
Weakness: Kryptonite...Its radiation saps the Strength and powers of Kryptonians, leaving them impaired, disabled, and eventually debilitated in terms of Strength and power effects. Long-term exposure (usually a matter of minutes, less for a large enough amount) imposes the dying condition and may lead to death.

Abilities 116 + Skills 16 (32 ranks) + Advantages 26 + Powers 115 + Defenses 21 = 294 / 294

Build Comments: I’ve built and re-built Superman several times in both 2E and 3E and I never EVER feel like I have him where I want him. Oh well, keeps things interesting I guess.

As noted in my intro, with a condensed PL structure, having Clark at PL14 makes him the top dog (well, co-top dog) in my setting. There are just a handful of terrestrial heroes that are at his level. There are some other heroes that meet or exceed his PL because of an attribute or two, but he is pretty much the most powerful hero (overall) on Earth-5150.

Secret Origins: Kal-El was born on the doomed planet, Krypton, the only son of reknowned scientist Jor-El and his wife Lara. Jor-El realizes that Krypton faces imminent destruction due to its unstable core, the result of years of depleting Krypton's natural resources. The ruling council, pre-occupied by a military coup led by planet's military commander General Zod and his followers, refuse to act or advise the general populace.
In order to save his son, and the legacy of his planet, Jor-El infuses Kal-El’s cells with a genetic codex of the entire Kryptonian race and sends him on a spaceship to Earth. After a confrontation with Jor-El, Zod and his followers are captured and banished to the Phantom Zone.

Kal-El's ship lands outside Smallville, Kansas, where he is found by Jonathan and Martha Kent who raise the child as their own and name him Clark. During a temper tantrum over his lost security blanket, Clark knocks over a tractor and the Kents realize that Clark's Kryptonian physiology affords him superhuman abilities on Earth. This initially causes him confusion and ostracism, but he gradually learns to harness his powers to help others. On Clark’s 16th birthday, Jonathan reveals to him that he is an alien and advises him not to use his powers publicly, fearing that society will reject him. Clark finds the Kryptonian crystal tech that Jor-El sent with him and begins to learn his origins and have some sort of relationship with his birth parents. He makes good friends in high school, Lana Lang, Pete Ross, Chloe Sullivan, and briefly, a young Lex Luthor who was “exiled” as he called it, to Smallville for a year.

The Story so Far: After high school, Clark attended Kansas St. University and got his journalism degree in 3 years. He spent a couple of years traveling around the world, doing freelance writing and trying to find his place in the world. He found himself in West Africa, where an ethnic conflict between the fictional Ghuri and Turaaba clans catches his attention and he goes to cover the conflict. He meets with the Ghuri political leader and human rights activist, Kobe Asuru. Over the course of several days, Clark and Asuru establish a rapport and become friends. Asuru emphasizes the Ghuri tradition of honoring ancestors through wearing symbolic clothing and working for human rights. While Clark and Kobe establish a quick connection, Kobe Asuru's sister Abena is suspicious of Kent's motives and at one point accuses him of cultural imperialism and acting in a condescending "white savior" manner to the Ghuri.

Later, Clark interviews the Turaaba politician Rep. Kebile who dislikes Kobe and oppresses Ghuri rights. While protecting Abena Asuru from a thrown bomb, Clark hears a commotion and flies back to the rally (carrying Abena Asuru on his back) where Kobe has already been fatally stabbed. Enraged, Clark grabs the fleeing assassin and throws him into a wall, demanding to know who hired him. The terrified killer raises his arm—pointing directly at Kebile, who is incidentally surrounded by media. Kebile is besieged with questions and is later forced to resign. This incident led Clark to don his Kryptonian Battlesuit and make his presence known to the world.

After a number of moderately public appearances where he became an internet sensation known as The Blur, he lept into the public eye twelve years ago on December 30th. A plane bound for Metropolis, MO, was going down in a snowstorm. It appeared that the 115 passengers and crew on board were heading for certain doom. When suddenly, a red and blue blur streaked by the window, the plane’s dive was halted and to the astonishment of the captain, was set down gently in a field outside of Metropolis. As the flight crew opened the emergency exit doors and activated the inflatable safety slide, they saw a dark-haired man in a blue costume with a flowing red cape floating outside. He asked if everyone was OK, smiled then flew away into the early evening sky. One of the passengers, star reporter for the Daily Planet Lois Lane, chronicled the entire event and within minutes her uploaded cell phone picture and internet headline gave the world the first real glimpse of the man who would become known to the world (and half of the known universe) by the name she gave him: Superman.

Soon after, it seemed he was everywhere at once. Rescuing trapped miners in Chile, saving people from burning buildings all over the US, catching a jumper off the Eiffel Tower, removing a bomb that was going to blow up Big Ben and even finding time to save a cat stuck in a tree in Smallville, KS. His commitment to humanity was proved during a massive attack on his adopted home planet by the Kryptonian General Zod and his allies that he repelled. He became a beloved world figure, and quickly became the most searched for entity on the internet. And his sit down interview with Lois Lane became the most widely viewed event in TV and internet history.

A few weeks after the Daily Planet article, reports of superhuman activity across the globe exploded. Countless other superheroes and villains began to appear.

In the years since, Superman has become Earth’s greatest hero, defending his adopted home planet from countless threats, both terrestrial and otherworldly. He’s a founding and current member of the Justice League. After the events of the Superhero Civil War, he’s rededicated himself to mentoring young heroes and maintaining unity in the superheroic community as a whole.

Characterization: Superman in the Superior Thorpacoverse is…Superman. The first and greatest hero of his generation. Respected the world over, and a legend in several other galaxies, he’s the standard that all heroes are measured by. The only other hero with his level of respect is Captain America.

Friends and Foes: Clark remains close to his parents, Jonathan and Martha Kent. He also keeps in contact with Pete and Chloe, who remain in Smallville. He and Lana remain friends, even though Lana’s employment at LexCorp has put a strain on their relationship form time to time. He has a Kryptonian dog, Krypto, who he found and rescured from Warworld during his first encounter with Mongul, that he has s strong bond with.

In his home city of Metropolis, his closest relationship is with his wife, Lois Lane. He fell in love with her almost at first site when he started at the Daily Planet and his feelings for her have only strengthened over the years. His best friend currently is Jimmy Olsen, Pulitzer Prize-winning photographer for the Daily Planet. He is also close to his boss, Perry White and his co-workers Cat Grant and Steve Lombard.

His cousin, Kara, arrived from Krypton a few years ago, even though their ships were launched at about the same time. Now known as Supergirl, she and Clark are now close and have shared a number of adventures. Power Girl, Kara’s alternate Earth counterpart, became trapped on Earth after an Incursion event and she is also part of Clark’s extended family. After a rough start to their relationship, Clark has become a father figure to his clone, Conner Kent, known as Superboy. He and Lois have also formally adopted Zod and Ursa’s son, Lor-Zod, now known as Chris Kent and he and Conner live with Clark, Lois and Krypto in their new house in the suburbs.

In the superhero community, his closest friends are Batman (Bruce Wayne) and Wonder Woman (Diana Prince). The three of them are generally known as The Trinity and are among the leaders of the superhero community. He is also good friends with Thor, Captain America and The High. He has a big brother relationship with Invincible and Nightwing and is generally seen as a mentor to the superheroic community as a whole.

Superman’s greatest rival is Lex Luthor. Luthor is the world’s richest and smartest man and has an obsession with bringing Superman down. Despite that, Lex and Clark have had moments where Lex has shown that he still values their friendship has remained, none moreso than the fact that Lex knows his secret identity but has never shared it with anyone and has never made a move against Clark’s family. Their relationship is complex to say the least.

Superman has a large rogue’s gallery that includes Brainiac, the Kryptonian artificial intelligence; Doomsday, a Kryptonian monster that killed Superman a few years ago; Metallo, the cyborg with the Kryptonite heart; Mongul, the ruler of Warworld, and his son Mongul II and his sister, Mongal; General Zod and his cohorts, Ursa and Non, who escaped the Phantom Zone during the destruction of Krypton; and Darkseid, the god of evil and ruler of Apokolips.

Clean Up 3/5/12: Clean ups to Clark as I continue my thread review.

Clean Up 4/2/12: Another clean up as I fixed a couple of math mistakes and added some Luck from the new power profile on said power.

Clean Up 11/25/12: Just some slight tweaks to Clark to bring him in line with my "younger" versions of him.

Clean Up 5/23/13: Some more tweaks to Clark as I look at my Thorpacoverse paragons.

Clean Up 7/21/13: Minor tweaks to Clark, mainly to his Complications as really look to define my Thorpacoverse characterizations.

Clean Up 8/3/13: Put Clark in line with my refined setting guidelines.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:43 pm, edited 32 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:42 pm

A J-Mart Favorite item hits the Marvel Aisle shelves!

That's right folks. It's his world, we're just living in it.

AMADEUS CHO
PL: 10 (150 pp) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 0, STAMINA 0, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 5, INTELLECT 8, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 3 (+5), Deception 7 (+8), Expertise [Current Event] 2 (+10), Expertise [Mathematics] 4 (+12/+20) [Skill Mastery], Expertise [Science] 4 (+12/+20) [Skill Mastery], Insight 5 (+8/+12), Intimidation (+1), Investigation 2 (+10/+16), Perception 4 (+7/+11), Persuasion 4 (+5), Stealth 5 (+7), Technology 4 (+12/+20) [Inventor, Ultimate Effort], Treatment 2 (+10), Vehicles 2 (+5), Variable

ADVANTAGES: Equipment (1), Extraordinary Effort, Languages (1) (Korean, Base: English), Ranged Attack (2), Set-Up, Teamwork

ENHANCED ADVANTAGES:, Beginner's Luck, Conspiracy Theorist* (1), Defensive Roll (3), Eidetic Memory, Evasion (1), Improved Defense, Improvised Tools, Inventor, Perfect Timing*, Skill Mastery (3) (Expertise: Mathematics, Expertise: Science, Technology), Speed of Thought*, Ultimate Effort (1) (Ultimate Technology Check), Uncanny Dodge

POWERS:
7th Smartest Person In the World: Enhanced Intelligence 6, Quickness 6 (50x, Flaw: Limited [Mental only]); 15 pts
Analytical Sight: Senses 6 (Danger Sense [Visual], Normal Vision [Analytical], Detect Weakness [Visual]); 6 pts
Do the Math!: Enhanced Skills 18 (see Skills), Enhanced Advantages 17 (see Advantages), Variable 2 (10 pts traits, Flaw: Limited [Skills and Feats], Check Required [Expertise: Math]); 47 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(5ep)
PDA: Feature 1, Tiny; 1ep
Vehicle: (4ep)
Vespa Scooter: Size - S, Strength - 1, Speed - 5, Def - 8, Tough - 5; 4ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8
Close Attack +5 [Unarmed +0]
Ranged Attack +5

DEFENSES:
Dodge +9 [DC19] Parry +9 [DC19]
Toughness +3, Fortitude +4, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Motivation: Finding his sister
Power Loss: His intelligence requires him to consume lots of junk food to feed his brain. Denied of it for too long and his incredible mental abilities go away
Relationships: Herc, Kirby (even though he let him go)
Reputation: Some ancients think that he is Herc's…um…boy toy...

Abilities 32 + Skills 24 (48 ranks) + Advantages 25 + Powers 50 + Defenses 19 = 150 / 150

Comments: My man, Amadeus Cho. He and Herc are such a great combo, it almost isn't fair. I've carried on before about what a great book the Incredible Hercules was/is and I will keep doing so until every single one of you buy every trade there is and join me in praising its awesomeness!

And Cho became just a good character during that run. From being a bratty kid that wanted to destroy SHIELD (even though he kinda had a good reason) to his first love and then to replacing Herc as Athena's champion when she double crossed Herc and he "died" for a while, he had a helluva run and did it will with true geek style.

As a build, I think I might have gone overboard, but I don't care. As long as he can do the math, he can do just about anything humanly possible and with some smart power stunting off his Enhanced Intelligence and Senses, he can go beyond that. I hope when I play him to do it right because it should be a blast!
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:14 am

Our PC line continues to grow with this J-Mart Favorite item!

Um...did Liefeld not know that Brahma bulls have BIG heads?!?!?

BRAHMA
PL: 10 (107 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 12, STAMINA 11, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 1, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Athletics 3 (+15), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+8), Expertise [Football] 4 (+4), Insight (+1), Intimidation 10 (+10/+11), Perception 3 (+4), Stealth (+3/+1)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Crushing Pin*, Equipment (1), Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Power Attack, Ranged Attack (2)

POWERS:
Big Man: Growth 2 (+2 Str, +2 Sta, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth, +1 Intimidation, Speed +0, +2 Mass; Extra: Innate, Permanent); 5 pts
Brahma Hide: Protection 2, Impervious 4, Immunity 1 (Pressure); 11 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(5ep)
Justice League Communicard: Senses 2 (Communication Link [Radio, Justice League Members), GPS, Feature 1 (Watchtower/Avengers Mansion Access), Benefit 1 (Justice League Status); 5ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +6
Unarmed +8 [Unarmed +12]
Ranged Attack +3

DEFENSES:
Dodge +6 [DC16] Parry +7 [DC17]
Toughness +13, Fortitude +14, Will +6

COMPLICATIONS:
Daddy Issues: Jeff's father was always hard on him and he despite his gruff demeanor, he still tries head to gain his approval
Temper: Brahma has a quick temper which can lead him to make rash decisions

Abilities 60 + Skills 11 (22 ranks) + Advantages 8 + Powers 16 + Defenses 12 = 107 / 107

Comments: Brahma was one of Youngblood’s bricks, a big, dumb, violent brute that went heel for a while but came back to the fold. My kinda guy. Even though I didn’t add it specifically to the build, with a name like Brahma, you need to use Charge actions a lot to truly represent him.

In my setting, he is one of the Avengers reserves, but he doesn’t get called on often due to his temper.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Fri May 11, 2012 1:04 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:55 am

We've got a new item in our YOUNG AT HEART SPECIAL for Aisle 6!

A angry, feral, brawler character. Man, that Liefeld knows how to be original!

COUGAR
PL: 10 (150 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 5, STAMINA 6, AGILITY 7, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 5 (+12) [Agile Feint], Athletics 7 (+12), Close Combat [Claws] 3 (+13), Deception (+2), Expertise [Survival] 5 (+6), Insight 4 (+7), Intimidation 8 (+10), Perception 8 (+11), Persuasion (+2), Stealth 5 (+12), Vehicles 1 (+4)

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, All-Out Attack, Animal Empathy, Benefit (2) (Status – Ruler of the Jakkarans), Defensive Roll (1), Equipment (1), Evasion (1), Improved Critical (1) (Claws), Improved Trip, Languages (1) (Jakarran, 1 other, Base: English), Move-by Action, Power Attack, Takedown (1), Weapon Break

POWERS:
Feline Senses: Senses 7 (Scent [Acute, Extended, Ranged, Tracking], Low Light Vision, Ultrahearing); 7 pts
Jakkarian Physiology: Feature 1 (Insulating Fur), Speed 2 (8 mph), Leaping 2 (30 ft), Regeneration 1 (1/every 5 rounds), Movement 2 (Safe Fall, Sure-Footed); 10 pts
Claws: Piercing/Slashing Strength-based Damage 2 (Extra: Split); 3 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(5ep)
Justice League Communicard: Senses 2 (Communication Link [Radio, Justice League Members), GPS, Feature 1 (Watchtower/Avengers Mansion Access), Benefit 1 (Justice League Status); 5ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +7
Close Attack +10 [Unarmed +5]
Claws +13 [Claws +7, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +3

DEFENSES:
Dodge +13 [DC23] Parry +13 [DC23]
Toughness +7, Fortitude +9, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Relationships: He dearly loves and is fiercely protective of his mother and he is good friends with Tigra
Responsibility: He is the leader of the Jakarrans, a race of feline humanoids that he is descended from
Temper: Sometimes his feral nature gets the best of him

Abilities 74 + Skills 23 (46 ranks) + Advantages 15 + Powers 20 + Defenses 18 = 150 / 150

Comments: Cougar was the requisite Wolverine of Youngblood, although he was a bit less “out there” I suppose. But I guess with all the other violent, over-muscled goons in there, he didn’t have to be. Feral guys are always quick, fun, easy builds, though, so I had a hard time passing him up.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Fri May 11, 2012 12:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:13 am

Our Marvel Trinity is complete with this RED, WHITE AND BLUE J-Mart Favorite!

Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move." - Captain America

CAPTAIN AMERICA (STEVE ROGERS)
PL: 12 (258 pts) - OPL: 12 ; DPL: 12

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 5, STAMINA 6, AGILITY 7, DEXTERITY 7, FIGHTING 12, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 7

SKILLS: Acrobatics 9 (+16), Athletics 11 (+16), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+18), Deception (+7), Expertise [History] 3 (+5), Expertise [Military] 13 (+15), Expertise [Tactics] 18 (+20), Insight 10 (+15) [Assessment, Combat Clarity], Intimidation (+7), Investigation 8 (+10) [Contacts], Perception 10 (+15), Persuasion 13 (+20) [Connected], Ranged Combat [Shield] 4 (+16), Stealth 6 (+13), Treatment 3 (+5), Vehicles 6 (+13)

ADVANTAGES: Assessment, Benefit (4) (Status – Captain America, Status – Highest Level SHIELD Clearance 3), Close Attack (4), Combat Clarity* (1), Combat Leader*, Connected, Contacts, Defensive Roll (1), Equipment (4), Extraordinary Effort, Improved Critical (2) (Shield 2), Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative (1), Inspire (5), Interpose, Languages (2) (German, French, Japanese, 2 others, Base: English), Leadership, Luck (Improve Roll) (1), Luck (Inspiration) (1), Power Attack, Ranged Attack (5), Takedown (2), Teamwork

POWERS:
Super Soldier Enhancements: Immunity 4 (Aging, Intoxication, Disease, Poisons [Limited]), Enhanced Advantages 2 (Diehard, Great Endurance), Speed 2 (8 mph/120 fpr), Leaping 1 (15 ft), Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds); 10 pts
Star Spangled Shield: 42 pts Traits, Easily Removable (-16 pts); 26 pts
Shielding: Enhanced Dodge 2, Enhanced Parry 2, Enhanced Advantages 1 (Improved Defense), Impervious 5, Enhanced Strength 5 (Flaw: Limited to Resisting Movement); 20 pts
Shield Mastery: 20 pt Array; 22 pts
Ultimate Defense: Immunity 80 (Dodge and Parry based attacks; Flaws: Concentration, Limited (not against surprise attacks or sufficiently large area effects); 20 pts
Shield Strike: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 3 (Extra: Breaking, Penetrating 8]; 1 pt
Shield Toss: Ranged Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 3 (Extra: Penetrating 8, Ricochet 4, Flaw: Diminished Range [10/25/50]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(20 pts)
Chain Mail Costume: Protection 3; 3 pts
Binoculars: Feature 1 (+5 Perception [Visual at Distance]); 1 pt
Mini-Tracer: Feature 1 (Tracking, 2 Mile range); 1 pt
Lockpicks: Feature 1 (Tools, Technology); 1 pt
Vehicle: (12 pts)
Motorcycle: Size - M, Strength - 1, Speed - 6, Def - 10, Tough - 8, Features 2 - Navigation System, Secret Compartments; 12 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +11
Close Attack +16 [Shield Bash +8, Critical 18-20]
Unarmed +18 [Unarmed +5]
Ranged Attack +12
Thrown Shield +16 [Shield Toss +8, Critical 18-20]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 (+14 with Shield) [DC22/24] Parry +12 (+14 with Shield) [DC22/24]
Toughness +10 (+9 without Defensive Roll, +5 Impervious with Shield), Fortitude +10, Will +14

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: The Red Skull, Grand Director, Hate Monger, Batroc The Leaper.
Man out of Time: Steve still sometimes has problems coping in the new millennium.
Patriotism: Next to Uncle Sam, he's the closest thing to living embodiment of American Patriotism in the world.
Power Loss: If Cap misses his target badly, an opponent catches his shield, etc. he will have to retrieve it, losing it’s powers and advantages.
Relationships: Sharon Carter, The Falcon, Iron Man, Thor, Bucky and Superman are among his closest friends. He is also close with the original Avengers and sometimes, Nick Fury.
Responsibility: He feels a strong sense of responsibility for his country and fellow super heroes.

Abilities 102 + Skills 58 (116 ranks) + Advantages 44 + Powers 36 + Defenses 18 = 258 / 258

Build Comments: It's Cap. What else is there to say? If you don't know who he is by now, you're probably surfing the wrong board. :wink:

Secret Origins: Steve Rogers was born July 4, 1922, to poor Irish immigrant parents, Sarah and Joseph Rogers. Rogers grew up a frail youth during the Great Depression in America. Little else is known about Rogers' early life other than the fact that a strong sense of duty, honor, and humility was instilled in him. Rogers' father died when he was a child and his mother died from pneumonia when he was in his late teens, leaving him in the care of mother’s sister until he turned 18.

Horrified by newsreel footage of Nazis ransacking Europe and atrocities in Asia that the Empire of Japan committed in China and Korea, Rogers tried to enlist in the Army and was rejected as 4-F because of his frailty and sickness. Rogers tried enlisting under different names at different offices but to no avail. However, his efforts caught the attention of Doctor Abraham Erskine, who had been looking for a volunteer to participate in his top-secret performance-enhancing experiment called Operation Rebirth. He is recruited in the Scientific Strategic Reserve as part of the "super-soldier" experiment under Erskine, Col. Chester Phillips, and British agent Peggy Carter. Phillips is unconvinced by Erskine's claims that Rogers is the right person for the procedure, but relents after seeing Rogers commit an act of self-sacrificing bravery.

After weeks of tests, Rogers was at last administered the Super-Soldier Serum. Given part of the compound intravenously and another part orally, Rogers was then bombarded by vita-rays, a special combination of exotic (in 1941) wavelengths of radiation designed to accelerate and stabilize the serum's effect on his body. Steve Rogers emerged from the vita-ray chamber with a perfect human body. Heinz Kruger, a Nazi spy, who observed the experiment, murdered Dr. Erskine mere minutes after its conclusion. Dr. Erskine died without fully committing the Super-Soldier formula to paper, leaving Rogers the sole beneficiary of his genius.

The Story so Far: During the war, "Cap" served as both a symbol of freedom and America's most effective special operative. In addition to working with his young sidekick Bucky, Cap regularly fought clandestinely alongside other Allied super-powered heroes such as Namor the Sub-Mariner and the android Human Torch, who were the recognized core of the World War II super-team known as the Invaders. Rogers sometimes came into contact with a Canadian paratrooper named Jim Howlett, (the man who would come to be known as Wolverine).

During the final days of the war, on April 18, 1945, Captain America and Bucky were trying to stop a bomb-loaded drone-plane launched by Baron Zemo when the plane exploded, apparently killing Bucky and throwing Rogers into icy Arctic waters of the English Channel. The Super-Soldier Formula prevented crystallization of Rogers' bodily fluid, allowing him to enter a state of suspended animation.

Decades later, Rogers' wartime comrade, the Sub-Mariner, stumbled across his still-frozen form, which was being worshiped by a far-flung Inuit tribe. Enraged, the Sub-Mariner threw the ice block into the ocean. While opposing Namor, Superman happened upon Rogers' thawing body and took him to SHIELD headquarters where Nick Fury and Tony Stark soon revived the legendary hero.

The world welcomed the legend’s return and Rogers joined the Justice League soon after. After a confrontation with Batman, he and Iron Man left the team and with Fury’s influence, they founded The Avengers. Cap has been the leader of several incarnations of the team and is considered its most iconic member.

He has also had numerous solo adventurers, including several altercations with his arch-nemesis, The Red Skull, who was also in suspended animation for a time. A few years ago, it was discovered that the Cold War Russian super agent, The Winter Soldier, was actually his old partner Bucky, who had been captured and brainwashed by the KGB. He has since recovered and he and Cap have resumed their friendship.

Characterization: Captain America is traditionally seen as the greatest hero of the Thorpacoverse, rivaled only by Superman. He is a righteous and brave man who always wants to see the good in people. From his origins as a superhero, Cap has always devoted himself to the protection of the weak and the defense of freedom and justice.

In spite of his virtues, however, Cap is plagued by his status as man out of time. Remembering his days as a soldier in World War II, Cap is worried that his idealism might be considered outdated in the modern world. Furthermore, seeing how idealized his legacy has become throughout the years, Cap sometimes believes that he might be not be able to fulfill the image the world has of him. Regardless, Cap is still seen as the pinnacle of heroism and an example for everyone to follow.

Friends and Foes: His greatest foe has always been Johann Schmidt, the Red Skull. They have waged countless battles over the years, with varying levels of stakes and with each scoring significant victories over the other, with some even leading to the other’s apparent demise. But each time, they return to continue their age old battle.

His closest friend remains Bucky Barnes and he is also close to Nick Fury and Iron Man. He and Superman are good friends, sharing similar ideology and stature in the superhero community. He has had only a few romantic relationships since his revival. He and Sharon Carter, great-niece of his love, Peggy Carter, have had an off-an-on relationship and are currently not dating but remain close.

Clean Up 4/20/11: Fixed up Steve a bit and caved to stat pressure and put his Strength at 5. For now... :wink:

Clean Up 8/7/11: Tweaked Steve a bit and took him back down to PL12.

Clean Up 10/22/12: Added that Immunity to Parry and Dodge mechanic from the Speed power profiles (and Gazman's verison). I really think it fits for when he's truly focused on defense with The Shield.

Clean Up 8/11/13: Cap gets the Superior Thorpacoverse updates.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:37 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:20 am

We've got another new item for Aisle 6!

Powerhouse giggity.

BRITNEY
PL: 10 (139 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 10, STAMINA 8, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 2 (+5), Athletics 2 (+12), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+10), Deception 6 (+7), Expertise [Streetwise] 4 (+5), Insight (+2), Intimidation 8 (+9) [Startle], Perception 3 (+5), Persuasion (+1), Ranged Combat [Guns] 2 (+7), Stealth 4 (+7), Vehicles 3 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Benefit (1) (Government Clearance), Equipment (1), Improved Initiative (1), Languages (2) (French, 4 others, Base; English), Minions (7) (Becky), Ranged Attack (3), Startle, Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Ageless: Immunity 2 (Aging, Disease); 2 pts
Tough, but Not as Indestructible as Her Brother: Protection 4, Impervious 6; 16 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(5ep)

OFFENSE:
Initiative +7
Close Attack +8
Unarmed +10 [Unarmed +10]
Ranged Attack +5
Guns +7

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 [DC18] Parry +8 [DC18]
Toughness +12 (+6 Impervious), Fortitude +12, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
Addiction: Nicotine
Enemy: Euclid
Relationships: Her brother, Brit and her nephew Brittany Jr.

Abilities 70 + Skills 18 (36 ranks) + Advantages 18 + Powers 18 + Defenses 15 = 139 / 139

Comments: Britney is Brit’s sister (that’s right, their father named them Brittany and Britney…geniuses can be so odd) who received the same serum from their genius father that Brit did. While it made Brit completely indestructible and slowed his aging, Britney got super strength and significant invulnerability but not nearly to the same level as Brit. She’s a government agent as well and has her brother’s perchant for getting into lots of trouble and causing a lot of property damage.

The Minion I listed, Becky, was a scientist who got caught in an accident into her lab and basically got turned into living electricity that Britney keeps in a Taser. She’s quite handy for jumping out and blasting people when needed, but she can also transfer into and control technology and is the brains to Britney’s brawn. I'll get her built after I get done with all this remodeling.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Thu May 10, 2012 8:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:13 pm

Check this new MAXIMUM SPECIAL!

SHAZAM!...Er, I mean HECATEAN!

MAXIMUM MAN
PL: 15 (235 pts) - OPL: 15 ; DPL: 15

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 19, STAMINA 15, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Athletics (+19), Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+11), Deception (+3), Expertise [Accounting] 2 (+5), Insight 4 (+7), Intimidation (+3), Perception 4 (+7), Persuasion 6 (+9), Ranged Combat [Throwing] 3 (+5), Stealth (+2)

ADVANTAGES: Teamwork

ENHANCED ADVANTAGES (MAXIMUM DURABILITY): Diehard, Great Endurance

POWERS:
Maximum Strength: Enhanced Strength 4 (200,000 Tons; Flaw: Limited to Lifting); 4 pts
Maximum Durability: Protection 3, Impervious Toughness 8, Enhanced Advantages 2 (see Advantages), Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support); 32 pts
Maximum Movement: 33 pt Dynamic Array; 35 pts
Maxi-Flight: Flight 15 (64,000 mph), Movement 1 (Space Travel 1) (Extra: Dynamic); 33 pts
Maxi-Speed: Speed 15 (64,000 mph), Quickness 8 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts

Maximum Powers: 16 pt Dynamic Array; 18 pts
Maxi-Senses: Senses 15 (Normal Hearing [Acute and Extended 2], Normal Vision [Extended 2], Infravision [Extended], Microscopic Vision 4, Ultra-Hearing [Extended], Vision Penetrates Concealment [Extended]; Extra: Dynamic); 16 pts[/i]
Maxi-Breath: Cone Area Move Object 10 (Extra: Area Cone [60 ft], Dynamic, Flaw: Range [Close], Limited Direction [towards or away]); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
[i]NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +8
Unarmed +11 [Unarmed +19]
Ranged Attack +2
Throwing +5

DEFENSES:
Toughness +18, Fortitude +15, Will +15

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: His long-time nemesis his Henry Hate, but since they have gotten older, that's faded quite a bit
Involuntary Transformation: If he can be tricked into saying his magic word "Hecatean", he will transform back into his normal identity
Motivation: Using his powers for the benefit of mankind
Relationships: He is good friends with Mister Majestic and The High
Secret Identity: He is a normal identity of Kevin Trueblood. In this form, he has no powers at his stats drop to STR -1, STA 0, AGL 0, DEX 0, FGT 1, PRE 0

Abilities 110 + Skills 11 (22 ranks) + Advantages 4 + Powers 88 + Defenses 22 = 235 / 235

Comments: Maximum Man is Wildstorm’s Captain Marvel homage. Kevin Trueblood, mild-mannered accountant, can turn into the Maxi powered hero known as Maximum Man by saying his magic word “Hecatean!” Apparently he, Mister Majestic and The High were known as the Big Three back in WWII times but after The High went into exile, Kevin retired as well and eventually forgot his word. His long time arch-nemesis, Henry Hate, was the one that actually reminded him of his word to help avoid Armageddon, after Hate realized that after all those years; he was the only friend he had left. Fun stuff.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:31 pm

Another new item in our Noble Causes line hits the Image Aisle shelves!

Thank goodness he's not a chip off the old block.

KRENNICK
PL: 10 (148 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 5, STAMINA 5, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 5 (+10), Athletics 5 (+10), Close Combat [Swords] 2 (+12), Deception 3 (+4), Expertise [Underworld] 6 (+7), Insight (+2), Intimidation 6 (+7), Perception 3 (+5), Persuasion (+1), Ranged Combat [Fire Control] 2 (+10), Stealth 2 (+7), Vehicles 2 (+6)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (2) (Status – Rightful Ruler of Underworld), Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (1), Improved Critical (1) (Sword), Improved Initiative (1), Leadership, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack (4), Takedown (1), Teamwork

POWERS:
Draconic Physique: Protection 1, Speed 1 (4 mph), Leaping 1 (15 ft), Senses 2 (Low Light Vision, Infravision), Regeneration 3 (1/every 3 rounds); 8 pts
Fire Control: 20 pt array; 21 pts
Flame Blast: Ranged Damage 10; 20 pts
Flaming Fists: Fire Strength-Based Damage 5 (Extra: Penetrating, Split); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(5ep)
Sword: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 3, Critical 19-20, Medium; 4ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +9
Close Attack +10 [Unarmed +5; Flaming Fists +10]
Sword +12 [Sword +8, Critical 18-20]
Ranged Attack +8
Fire Control +10 [Flame Blast +10]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +8, Fortitude +9, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
Big Shoes to Fill: Krennick is the rightful heir to his father, Draconis', underground kingdom but he doesn't really want it
Daddy Issues: He has been at odds with his father ever since his decision to support The Nobles
Obsession: He has secretly been in love with Zephyr for years, although he has not acted on it. Still, he wants her so much he's been…well, I'll leave that alone for now
Relationships: He is close to all the Nobles, but he and Race are like brothers and he would give his life for Zephyr
Rivalry: His sister, Necrona
Secret: His love for Zephyr and his outlet for said love
Temper: He can control it most of the time, but as Draconis' son, he can lose it at times, just like his dad

Abilities 66 + Skills 18 (36 ranks) + Advantages 16 + Powers 29 + Defenses 19 = 148 / 148

Comments: Krennick is the “Hadji” of the fam. He is the son of Doc’s archnemesis, Draconis but after he and Rusty were trapped in an alternate dimension for a year, they bonded and have become best friends. As such, he stays with the Nobles and is treated like one of the fam.

At first, despite his appearance, he seems to be about the most normal one, but a little bit of his dark side appears when it becomes apparent he is in with Zephyr but she seems like him a brother. He finds an outlet for it, but it becomes a bit of an issue later on. As a build, I’m only on TBP #4 and they really don’t show much of their powers and action since the story focuses on their interactions more than anything so a lot of this is guesswork. Then again, MOST of the stuff in the Noble builds is guesswork, so I guess this is really right in line.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:45 pm

We're hitting a Milestone with this new item for the Aisle 1 shelves!

I've got to get gardening tips from him. My Peony bush is croaking and he's got a Tree of Life just rockin' it.

XOMBI
PL: 8 (165 pts) - OPL: 8 ; DPL: 8

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 4, STAMINA 8, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 4, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Athletics 2 (+6), Close Combat [Unarmed] 6 (+12), Deception 4 (+5), Expertise [Magic] 1 (+5), Expertise [Nanotechnology] 9 (+13), Expertise [Science] 6 (+10), Insight 5 (+8), Intimidation (+1), Investigation 2 (+6), Perception 2 (+5), Persuasion 4 (+5), Stealth 3 (+5), Technology 9 (+13), Treatment 3 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Diehard, Great Endurance, Languages (1) (Korean, Latin, Base: English), Ranged Attack (3), Teamwork

POWERS:
Nanotech Biology: Enhanced Strength 2, Enhanced Stamina 5, Immunity 8 (Aging, Disease, Poison, Starvation/Thirst, Suffocation, Critical Hits), Regeneration 10 (1/every round, Extra: Persistent), Immortality 19 (1/every round); 71 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +6
Unarmed +12 [Unarmed +4]
Ranged Attack +5

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 [DC18] Parry +8 [DC18]
Toughness +8, Fortitude +9, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Accident: Xombi's regeneration is so powerful, if someone, or something is touching him when he is regenerating it is absorbed into his body. Such an accident cost the life of his lab assistant that saved him by injecting the nanites into his bodies
Enemy: Dr. Sugarman
Motivation: Using his powers for the good of mankind
Relationships: His fiancée, Dahlia

Abilities 46 + Skills 28 (56 ranks) + Advantages 7 + Powers 71 + Defenses 13 = 165 / 165

Comments: I don’t know a lot about Xombi, but I was reading the Brave and Bold TBP where they began to introduce the Milestone characters into the DCU last year so I got to read a little of him and I am thinking of picking up the compilation of his new book when it comes out.

David Kim was a nanotech expert that got attacked in his lab by Dr. Sugarman who wanted to steal his work. David took a fatal wound so his lab assistant injected the nanites in him and they worked as expected, giving him a healing factor and saving his life. However, the unexpected part is that they worked so well, they began to absorb her body into his to regenerate the damage and it killed her. He blames himself for it and that drives him to help others. From a build standpoint, I am guessing on the extent of his powers, but he can pretty much heal and regenerate from anything and for all purposes cannot die. I think this build covers it, but I wasn’t completely sure about his stamina and strength and he seemed to be a good fighter. It’ll get looked at again later, of course, because that’s what I do.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:06 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:54 pm

Another GREEN LIGHT SPECIAL hits the Aisle 1 shelves.

Boodikka was my friend! We spent years chained up together, bled dry by Cyborg-Superman and his Manhunters! Now she's practically a Manhunter herself! - Hannu

GREEN LANTERN (HONNU/HANNU)
PL: 12 (228 pts) - OPL: 12 ; DPL: 12

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 14, STAMINA 10, AGILITY 1, DEXTERITY 1, FIGHTING 9, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Athletics 1 (+15), Deception (+1), Expertise [Survival] 5 (+5), Insight (+3), Intimidation 9 (+10/+11), Perception 2 (+5), Persuasion (+1), Ranged Combat [Power Ring] 7 (+8), Stealth (+1/-1)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Close Attack (1), Diehard, Fast Grab, Improved Critical (1) (Unarmed), Power Attack, Takedown (1), Withstand Damage* (1)

POWERS:
Ovacronian Size: Growth 2 (+2 Str, +2 Sta, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth, +1 Intimidation, Speed +0, +2 Mass, Extra: Innate); 5 pts
Ovacronian Physiology: Immunity 5 (All environmental conditions), Protection 2, Impervious 4; 15 pts
Green Lantern Power Ring: 121 pts traits, Removable (-24 pts); 97 pts
Attention Green Lantern...: Features 2 (A.I. and Green Lantern Corps Database); 2 pts
Communication: Senses 1 (Communication Link to Central Power Battery); 1 pt
Quick Change: Features 1 (Quick Change); 1 pt
Universal Translator: Comprehend 4 (Speak, Read, Understand, Understood in All Languages); 8 pts
Scanning Beam: Variable 1 (5 pts traits, Extra: Action [Move], Flaw: Limited to Senses); 7 pts
Green Lantern's Light: Environment 2 (60 ft; Light [reduce partial concealment to none, total concealment to partial]); 2 pts
Ring Flight: Flight 14 (32,000 mph/60 fpr), Movement 4 (Environment Adaptation [Zero G], Space Travel 3 [Any star system]), Feature 1 (Use Will [DC20 check] to increase Flight speed instead of Athletics); 37 pts
Force Field: Protection 3 (Flaw: Sustained), Impervious 3 (Flaw: Sustained), Immunity 10 (Life Support); 19 pts
Force Manipulation: 37 pt Dynamic Array; 45 pts
Force Bubble: Ranged Burst Area Immunity 8 (All Environmental Conditions, Suffocation, Airborne Toxins, Extra: Dynamic, Burst Area [30 ft radius], Linked [Create], Flaw: Affects others only), Create 12 (Force Spheres; Extra: Linked [Immunity], Flaw: Limited to simple spherical objects); 37 pts
Force Blast: Ranged Force Energy Damage 14 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Force Constructs: Create 14 (Hard Light Constructs; Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Force Lifting: Move Object 14 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Mass Communication: Communication 5 (Subspace audiovisual projection; Any Distance, Extra: Dynamic, Selective); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +1
Close Attack +10 [Unarmed +14, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +1
Power Ring +8 [Force Blast +14; Force Constructs +14; Force Lifting Move Objects +14]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 [DC18] Parry +9 [DC19]
Toughness +12 (+4 Impervious, +15 with Force Field, +7 with Force Field), Fortitude +10, Will +14

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Sinestro Corps, Red Lantern Corps.
Honor: His people believe using weapons in combat is dishonorable so he only uses the combat capabilities of his ring in dire circumstances.
Power Loss: The power ring needs periodic recharging and issues a warning as its power runs low.
Responsibility: To protect her space sector as the Green Lantern of Sector 0002
Rivalry: Horku of the Sinestro Corps and Korg of Team Hulk, although his rivalry with Korg is pretty good natured as opposed to the bitter rivalry with Horku.
Weakness: Green Lantern power rings depend on the willpower of the wearer; the maximum rank of the ring’s effects is equal to the wearer’s Will rank, and moments of self-doubt or hesitation can cause the ring to fail.

Abilities 70 + Skills 12 (24 ranks) + Advantages 8 + Powers 118 + Defenses 20 = 228 / 228

Build Comments: I like Honnu/Hannu (please someone tell me which name it should be…) a lot. He’s a big rocky hide alien like Korg or the human Ben Grimm that refuses to use his ring in combat because he people see using weapons in combat dishonorable. So he just uses his fists and he fares well in the big leagues anyway.

Secret Origins: Hannu was a native of Ovacron Six and member of the Green Lantern Corps. The warriors of Ovacron 6 disdain weapons, so Green Lantern Hannu refuses to use his ring for such a purpose, employing it largely for transportation while relying on his great strength and combat skills in conflicts.

The Story so Far: He had been one of the Green Lanterns sent by the Guardians of the Universe to stop Hal Jordan when he was possessed by Parallax, but was supposedly killed. However, Hannu was discovered years later on Biot, the homeworld of the Manhunters. The Cyborg Superman had been using him, along with numerous other forgotten Lanterns, as a power source. A reformed Hal Jordan and Guy Gardner helped Hannu and the others defeat the cyborg and destroyed Biot.

Following his return to the Green Lantern Corps, like his "Lost Lantern" brethren, Hannu maintained a grudge against Hal Jordan for his actions under the influence of Parallax. During the Sinestro Corps War, Hannu and the lost Green Lanterns were sent to rescue Kyle Rayner and subsequently discovered that the Sinestro Corps were resurrecting the Anti-Monitor on Qward. The Lost Lanterns saw severe casualties inflicted from the Anti-Monitor in which Hannu took initiative action in saving his teammates in blinding the Anti-Monitor and providing themselves to escape with assistance from Hal Jordan. When the war shifted to Earth, Hannu fought and killed his Sinestro Corpsman counterpart Horku, and then coming into terms to forgive Hal Jordan for his crimes while possessed by Parallax by returning the favor in leading an army of Green Lanterns to save Coast City from destruction.

Characterization: Hannu is a massive humanoid, with irregularly-proportioned flesh resembling stone. When not overcome by the rush of combat, Hannu is generally stoic. He takes tremendous pride in his strength and fighting abilities, as well as in his place in the Green Lantern Corps.

Friends and Foes: Hannu is close to the remaining Lost Lanterns
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:36 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Return to “Roll Call”