J-Mart: Preparing for Relocation... :)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Re: #42

Post by Thorpacolypse » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:53 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:We're extending LADIES' NIGHT for a couple more days at least as we try to clear the warehouse before a short management retreat. And this item is one of the J-Mart Franchise's best sellers and a total JM Favorite!

I'll stock this one, boss!

Randal, you've tried to stock this item before and...

I know, I know, I still have the heat vision burns on my crotch, but this time will be different!

Riiiiight...Dante, go get the burn kit out of my office, please.

Already on the way, boss...

Keep looking down like that and you'll miss the fist heading towards your head...

POWER GIRL PC
PL: 12 (180 pp) - OPL: 12 ; DPL: 12

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2 [14], STAMINA 12, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 3 (+5), Athletics (+14), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+10), Deception (+2/+4) [Attractive], Expertise [Business] 3 (+5), Insight 3 (+5), Intimidation 5 (+7), Investigation 3 (+5), Perception 8 (+10), Persuasion (+2/+4) [Attractive], Ranged Combat [Heat Vision] 5 (+10), Stealth (+2), Technology 6 (+8)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Attractive (1), Equipment (1), Improved Initiative (1), Languages (1) (English, Base: Kryptonian), Leadership, Power Attack, Ranged Attack (3)

ENHANCED ADVANTAGES: Diehard, Great Endurance

POWERS:
Invulnerability: Protection 3, Immunity 10 (Life Support), Enhanced Advantages 2 (see Advantages), Regeneration 5 (Flaw: Limited [Requires direct exposure to yellow sunlight); 18 pts
Powers Far Beyond Those of Mortal Women: Dynamic Array, 25 pt array; 31 pts
More Powerful Than a Locomotive: Enhanced Strength 12 (Extra: Dynamic); 25 pts
DAE - Heat Vision Heat Ranged Damage 12 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
DAE - Super-Breath: Cone Area Move Object 12 (Extra: Dynamic, Flaw: Close Range, Limited Direction [towards or away]); 2 pts
DAE - Super Senses: Senses 19 (Normal Hearing [Acute and Extended 2],
Normal Vision [Extended 3], Infravision [Extended], Microscopic Vision 4, Ultra-
Hearing [Extended], Vision Penetrates Concealment [Extended, Flaw: Cannot see through lead]), (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts

Faster Than a Speeding Bullet: Dynamic Array, 25 pt array; 29 pts
Able to Leap Tall Buildings: Flight 11 (4,000 mph), Movement 1 (Space Travel), (Extra: Dynamic); 24 pts
DAE - Super-Speed: Speed 12, Quickness 12 (Extra: Dynamic); 1 pt
DAE – Super-Strength: Enhanced Strength 6 (100K Tons, Flaw: Limited to Lifting); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(5ep)
JLA Communicard: Commlink, GPS, Feature 2 (Avengers Mansion/Watchtower Access); 4ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +8
Unarmed +10 [Unarmed +14]
Ranged Attack +5
Heat Vision Array +10 [Heat Vision +12; Super Breath Move Object +12]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +7 [DC17] Parry +9 [DC19]
Toughness +15, Fortitude +13, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Identity: She has a normal identity of Karen Starr
Power Loss: Power Girl loses her powers and her Str and Sta are reduced to 1 under a red sun, like that of Krypton, and other effects draining or interfering with the energies of the yellow sun can deprive her of her powers
Relationships: She is close with the Superman family and a few members of the Justice Society including Stargirl and Wildcat. When it presents itself, she is very close with Kal-L and Lois Lane of Earth-2
Responsibility: Power Girl feels a strong sense of responsibility to use his powers for the benefit of all and try to live up the standards her cousin has set Responsibility: Power Girl is as vulnerable to magic as anyone else. She loses her ranks of Protection against magical attacks.
Vulnerable: Earth-2 Kryptonite...Its radiation saps the Strength and powers of Kryptonians, leaving them impaired, disabled, and eventually debilitated in terms of Strength and power effects. Long-term exposure (usually a matter of minutes, less for a large enough amount) imposes the dying condition and may lead to death. She does not have this vulnerability to Kryptonite of this dimension

Abilities 64 + Skills 19 (38 ranks) + Advantages 13 + Powers 73 + Defenses 11 = 180 / 180

Comments: I mean, come on, did you really think I could ever resist building Power Girl?!?!? She is a J-Mart Franchise staple!

Still not quite set on my Kryptonian mechanic, but it's a good start. For this version of Karen, I put her at PL12 and my upcoming Kara build is at PL11. The main reason is Power Girl's experience, but I also have a thing about the Earth-2 Kryptonians not being quite as powerful as the Earth -1/Prime Kryptonians. My Supergirl is stronger but is less accurate and easier to hit. When I get around to Kal-L, he will be similar, probably having a higher attack bonus than Kal-El, but not quite as strong.

In the Thorpacoverse, Power Girl is still part of the JSA, who are now the main leaders of The Initiative. As the caretakers of the superhero legacy, they felt they should have been involved in the training of the young heroes from day one, but considering the shambles that the superhuman community was in after the Civil War it didn't work that way. Now, after the clusters that Iron Man and Norman Osborn left The Initiative in, they, along with Hank Pym, Beast and Steve Rogers have helped turn it into what Reed Richards originally envisioned.

Clean Up 1/13/10: Like I said, I am not going to keep posting non-PC DC builds here so my original Karen gets replaced with this PC version. She was a tough one to squeeze into the format but it works. No Impervious, which I don’t like in 3E, but really, even in 2E, it was way too easy to get around and even more so in 3E if I read Penetrating correctly so I guess it’s not that big a loss.
As I wind down LADIES' NIGHT, I am posting a PC Power Girl and a PC Supergirl to replace their NPC-ish versions. Seemed to repetitive with the official builds coming eventually. And since I am trying to make this thread more DCA compatible, they just don't fit anymore. I'll have a new thread for my personal setting eventually, for now, I am going to keep posting PC stuff here and adjust my Marvel and other builds to fit the DCA PL structure.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:12 pm

Our Games of Thrones line continues with this new item!

Robert Baratheon: Lord Eddard Stark, I would name you the Hand of the King.
Eddard Stark: [kneels] I'm not worthy of the honor.
Robert Baratheon: I'm not trying to honor you. I'm trying to get you to run my kingdom while I can eat, drink and whore my way to an early grave. Damn it, Ned, stand up. You helped me win the Iron Throne, now help me keep the damned thing.

ROBERT BARATHEON
PL: 5 (73 pts) - OPL: 5 ; DPL: 5

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 1, AGILITY 0, DEXTERITY 1, FIGHTING 4, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Athletics (+2), Deception 2 (+5), Expertise [King’s Landing] 7 (+7), Expertise [Nobility] 5 (+5), Expertise [Tactics] 8 (+8), Insight 6 (+7) [Assessment], Intimidation 6 (+9), Perception 2 (+3), Persuasion (+3)

ADVANTAGES: Assessment, Benefit (6) (Status, Resources – King of Westeros), Close Attack (1), Equipment (4), Inspire (1), Leadership, Power Attack, Ranged Attack (2), Takedown (1), Tough* (2)

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(20ep)
Headquarters: (12ep)
The Red Keep: Size - Huge, Tough - 8, Features - Defense Systems, Effect [The Iron Throne], Garage, Grounds, Holding Cells, Infirmary, Library, Living Space, Personnel, Workshop
Longsword: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 3, Critical 19-20; Medium; 4ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +0
Close Attack +5 [Unarmed +2; Sword +5, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +3

DEFENSES:
Dodge +4 [DC14] Parry +5 [DC15]
Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +3

COMPLICATIONS:
Addiction: Food, wine and women…
Enemy: The Targaryens, Cersei (kind of)
Fame: As the King of the Seven Kingdoms, he is well known throughout all the lands
Honor: He is a man of his word
Relationships: His children, his wife (kind of), his best friend, Ned Stark, his youngest brother Renly
Reputation: Leader of Robert's Rebellion, drunken checked-out pawn of the Lannisters
Responsibility: As the King of the Seven Kingdoms, he has a responsibility to his people and several duties that he really doesn't want to deal with

Abilities 24 + Skills 18 (36 ranks) + Advantages 20 + Powers 0 + Defenses 11 = 73 / 73

Comments: Good old King Robert. From the moment he uttered the quote above, I knew he wasn’t going to be part of the show long. Then when they showed him chugging wine in his chambers, with multiple whores around him while his brother-in-law stood guard outside the room, I KNEW he wasn’t going to last long. But he was fun while he was there, keeping Cersei and Joffrey in their place, trading barbs with Ned and holding the kingdom together, even if he'd really rather be fighting for it again instead.

Robert was one of the harder builds to get a grip on. He was, apparently, quite a warrior in his prime, one of the best in the Seven Kingdoms. But as time has gone on, he’s gotten fatter, lazier, drunken and less polished with martial skills. So I made him better than the average guardsman/soldier type, who I would probably put at PL3 or 4 for most of them but not in Jaime or Ned’s class just because he’s out of shape. In his prime, he’d be a PL7-8 like them.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:52 pm

Here's a J-Mart Favorite for the Aisle 1 shelves!

Question: Reaching back to Antient Egypt, there's been a single cabal of powerful individuals directing the course of human history. But the common man prefers to believe they don't exist, which aides their success.
Supergirl: Global warming? Military upheavels in the Third World? Actors elected to public office?
Green Arrow: The spread of coffee bars? Germs outpacing antibiotics? And boy bands? C'mon, who would gain from all this?
Question: Who indeed?

THE QUESTION
PL: 9 (182 pts) - OPL: 9 ; DPL: 9

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 12, INTELLECT 5, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 5 (+8), Athletics 8 (+10), Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+15), Deception 12 (+13) [Taunt], Expertise [Journalism] 5 (+10), Expertise [Streetwise] 5 (+10), Expertise [Theology and Philosophy] 2 (+7), Insight 10 (+15) [Assessment, Skill Mastery], Intimidation 11 (+12), Investigation 14 (+19) [Contacts, Skill Mastery, Well-Informed], Perception 11 (+16), Persuasion 6 (+7), Sleight of Hand 6 (+9), Stealth 9 (+12) [Hide in Plain Sight], Vehicles 7 (+10)

ADVANTAGES: Assessment, Contacts, Defensive Roll (3), Equipment (3), Improved Critical (1) (Unarmed), Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative (1), Improved Trip, Languages 2 (French, Spanish, 3 others, Base: English), Luck (Inspiration) (2), Martial Strike* (1), Power Attack, Ranged Attack (4), Redirect, Skill Mastery (2) (Insight, Investigation), Takedown (1), Taunt, Trance, Ultimate Effort (1) (Ultimate Will Check), Well-Informed

POWERS:
Question Mask: 8 pts traits, Removable (-2 pts); 6 pts
Pseudoderm Mask: Morph 2 (Narrow Group of Forms/single animal/people roughly same size and gender; Flaw: Face only); 8 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(15 pts)
Smoke Pellet: Enhanced Advantage 1 (Hide in Plain Sight); 1 pt
Vehicle: (12 pts)
Full-Size Car: Size - L, Strength - 6, Speed - 5, Def - 8, Tough - 10; 12 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +12
Unarmed +15 [Martial Strike Unarmed +3, Critical 19-20; Unarmed +2, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +7

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +6 (+3 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +8, Will +10 (Ultimate Effort)

COMPLICATIONS:
Obsession: With THE conspiracy and uncovering the truth.
Relationships: Huntress.
Secret Identity: Vic Sage, Investigative Reporter.

Abilities 68 + Skills 57 (114 ranks) + Advantages 32 + Powers 6 + Defenses 19 = 182 / 182

Build Comments: JLUs biggest breakout star during it’s first season, The Question. And as much as I love Montoya (who will be in the Thorpacoverse as a Gotham cop), Vic is my Question. He’s working the streets of St. Louis (instead of his Hub City in canon) and working with the Justice League from time to time, along with generally being a pain in the ass to the underworld in general.

Secret Origins: Victor Sage was born Charles Victor Szasz, and grew up an orphan who had a reputation as a troublemaker. Szasz prided himself in defiantly enduring the physical abuse of the Catholic orphanage where he was housed. Though he managed to get into college, higher learning did not mellow his violent tendencies. Some time during college, he brutally beat a drug dealer for giving him LSD, which had caused Sage to doubt his own senses under its influence.

After graduating from college (where he nursed an unrequited crush on fellow student Lois Lane), Sage made his mark as a highly outspoken and aggressive reporter with a reputation for obnoxiousness in St. Louis, MO. He then moved to television journalism, which eventually led him to investigate Dr. Arby Twain. This particular story would alter the course of Sage's life..

Sage was approached by his former professor, a scientist named Aristotle ("Tot") Rodor, who told Sage about an artificial skin called Pseudoderm, which Rodor had co-developed with Dr. Twain based on the notes of Gotham criminal Bart Magan and research into Gingold, the chemical responsible for the Elongated Man's powers.

Pseudoderm was intended to work as an applied skin-like bandage with the help of a bonding gas, but had an unforeseen toxicity which was fatal when applied to open wounds. Though Rodor and Twain agreed to abandon the project and parted ways, Professor Rodor later discovered that Dr. Twain planned to proceed with an illegal sale of the invention to Third World nations, despite the risk to human health.

Sage resolved to stop him but had no way of going after Dr. Twain without exposing himself. Rodor suggested that Sage use a mask made of Pseudoderm to cover his famous features. Disguised by the Pseudoderm mask and armed with information, Sage eventually caught up with Dr. Twain, stopped the transaction, and extracted a confession from him. He then left Twain bound in Pseudoderm in an ironic twist. On television, Vic Sage reported on Dr. Twain's illegal activities.

With his first venture a success, Sage decided that this new identity would be useful for future investigations. He continued to work with Professor Rodor, who supplied the Pseudoderm and eventually modified the bonding gas, giving it the ability to alter the color of Sage's hair and clothing, as well. Vic became good friends with "Tot," who became a mentor to him in both of his identities. From then on, when Vic Sage encountered stories he couldn't investigate by normal, legal means, he donned a special mask that made it appear that he had no face. As the Question, Sage investigated corruption in the face of all danger, leaving a blank "calling card," which, when touched, emitted a smoky question mark.

The Story so Far: After debuting and doing lots of work in St. Louis, Vic Sage would also travel to other cities in the course of his investigations, and even relocated to Gotham City for a time. He eventually teamed up with Batman and began a relationship with Huntress that ended badly, but after a time, they reconciled as friends and both have remained close.

The Question's early crime fighting career was somewhat successful, but his black-and-white moral viewpoint and lack of commitment would soon lead to a turning point for both Sage and his alter ego.

After his time in Gotham, Vic Sage returned to St. Louis and KBEL television, where he worked alongside news anchor and occasional love-interest Myra Connelly. During a mission as The Question, he was badly beaten in personal combat by the mercenary and martial artist, Lady Shiva, and then nearly fatally beaten by her employer's thugs and shot in the head with a pellet gun. Though he was thrown in a river to drown, Shiva rescued him for reasons of her own and gave him directions to meet Richard Dragon as soon as he was recovered enough to get out of bed. Following a vision of Batman inwhich the Caped Crusader called Sage an "incompetent dilettante", Sage sought out the master martial artist, who retained all of his skill even while confined to a wheelchair. Sage spent a year learning martial arts and Eastern philosophy from Dragon. The training changed and deepened The Question's moral perspective, and the crimefighter became more understanding of the moral ambiguity of his chosen work.
Vic Sage returned to Hub City and resumed his career as The Question with a new, broader worldview, and a belief that crime had to be fought at more than one level.

He had a number of adventurers and after helping them with a recent conflict wth Doctor Doom has joined The Justice League.

Characterization: The Question is the second best investigator in the superhero community outside of Batman (although Ralph Dibny and Detective Chimp are in his league on their good days) and is a master of interrogation and intimidation. He’s obsessed with “the question” and self-discovery and is THE conspiracy theorist of the superhero community.

Friends and Foes: He remains close to Tot and his one time girlfriend Huntress. He and Batman have developed a mutual respect.

Clean Up 8/30/13: Several updates to Q for the Superior Thorpacoverse.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:25 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: #4

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:16 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:We have another new item getting stocked on our Marvel aisle today as part of our SOUNDS OF COMICS Special. This one will really stick around for a while if you want it to!

Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words: 'With great power, comes great responsibility.' This is my gift. My curse. Who am I? I'm Spider-Man!

SPIDER-MAN
PL: 12 (222 pp) - OPL: 12 ; DPL: 12

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 8, STAMINA 7, AGILITY [10] 12, DEXTERITY 6, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 5, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Acrobatics 2 (+14/+20) [Agile Feint], Athletics 5 (+13), Close Combat [Unarmed] 0 (+10/+12), Deception 9 (+12), Expertise [Photography] 6 (+11), Expertise [Science] 10 (+15), Expertise [Teacher] 3 (+7), Insight 5 (+7), Intimidation (+3), Investigation 4 (+9), Perception 11 (+13), Persuasion (+3), Ranged Combat [Web Shooters] 9 (+15), Stealth (+12), Technology 10 (+15) [Inventor]

ADVANTAGES: Equipment (1), Extraordinary Effort, Inventor, Power Attack, Taunt

ENHANCED ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (2), Defensive Strike*, Evasion (2), Improved Defense, Instant Up, Move-by Action, Precise Attack (2), Redirect, Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Spider-Senses: Enhanced Advantages 13 (see Advantages), Enhanced Skills 4 (see Skills), Enhanced Dodge 3, Enhanced Parry 2, Senses 6 (Danger Sense [Mental, Ranged, Extra: Extended 2, Counters Concealment]); 28 pts
Spider-Strength: Enhanced Strength 1 (12 Tons; Flaw: Limited to lifting [1pp]); 1pt
Does Whatever a Spider Can: Leaping 2, Movement 2 (Wall-Crawling), Speed 2 (8 mph); 8pts
Web Shooters: 36 pts traits, Removable (-7 pts); 29 pts
Web Swinging: Movement 1 (Swinging), Speed 4 (30 mph); 5pts
Web Slinging: Ranged Affliction 9 (1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized; Extra: Alternate Resistance [Resisted by Dodge], Cumulative, Extra Condition, Split, Flaw: Limited [to 2 Degrees]); 28pts
AE - Web Throwing: Move Object 9; 1pt
AE - Webbing over the eyes: Ranged Affliction 9 (Resisted by Dodge; 1st: Visually Impaired, 2nd: Visually Disabled, 3rd: Visually Unaware, Extra: Alternate Resistance [Resisted by Dodge], Cumulative, Flaw: Limited to one sense [Visual]); 1 pt
AE - Web Objects: Create 6 (Extra: Continuous, Stationary, Tether, Flaw: Permanent, Quirk 2 [No complex objects, Stationary requires anchor]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(5ep)
Mini-Tracer: Feature 1 (Tracking, 5 Mile range), Miniscule; 2ep
Camera, Extra Web Fluid Canisters, Costume (3ep)

OFFENSE:
Initiative +12
Close Attack +10
Unarmed +12 [Unarmed +8]
Ranged Attack +6
Web Shooters +15 [Web Slinging +9; Webbing Over the Eyes Affliction +9]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +14 [DC24] Parry +14 [DC24]
Toughness +8, Fortitude +9, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Doctor Octopus, Green Goblin, Sandman, Mysterio, Electro, The Chameleon, The Kingpin, Mr. Negative, Rhino, Kraven and on and on..
Guilt: He still has great guilt over the death of his Uncle Ben and he still tries to make up for it every day. Also for the death of Gwen Stacy (depending on the continuity I go with)
Identity: He has his secret identity of Peter Parker which he guards fiercely thanks to his Rogues' Gallery
Power Loss: Sometimes the flu, a radiation drain or just his own mental state can cause him lose his powers. If he does, his stats change to STR 2, STA 2, AGL 2, DEX 1, and FGT 3
Power Loss: Those web shooters seem to run out of fluid at the most inopportune times
Prejudice: J. Jonah Jameson and others that he influences will NEVER accept Spider-Man. And thanks to JJJ, he still suffers from the "hero or menace" problem with the public
Relationships: Mary Jane, Aunt May, Gwen Stacy (her death or in person, depending on how I chose to go with continuity for him), Uncle Ben's memory and sometimes Harry Osborn. Heck, even Flash Thompson sometimes
Responsibility: With great power comes…

Abilities 102 + Skills 37 (74 ranks) + Advantages 20 + Powers 52 + Defenses 11 = 222 / 222

Comments: Your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man, in state of the art Thorpacoverse 3E. I didn’t go with the more iconic Spider-Man that others did, I made him a PL11 and I really thought about going to PL12. As stated in the opening post, I do plan making him a PC version and I may make him that PL12 for a full-on DCA representation since I think he’d get pwned by the DC official builds so far.

While I have a moment, I’d like to give a plug for post One More Day Spidey stuff. Like most of you, I did not like the whole removal of him and MJ being married. However, I added Amazing Spider-Man to my pulls a few months ago and I have been consistently impressed. The Gauntlet and Grim Hunt arcs, which run together to lead to the return of Kraven The Hunter have been just great. Don’t let the bad taste of OMD ruin things for you overall for the Web-head, believe me, the other writers haven’t!

OK, off my soapbox. Not a lot changes from the 3E builds so far. I broke up his spider powers a bit and made him a full PL11 for both defense and offense. And with all his complications, he will gather HP by the bushel full, and that’s how I wanted him, with him being a fave and all.

For his place in the Thorpacoverse, Pete is still married to MJ and is currently working for a Starktech lab in Manhattan. He’s rolling with Nightwing, Cage, and Wolvie a lot, but still finds time for his own adventures and to team up with the New York street heroes like DD, Moon Knight, etc.

Clean Up 11/24/10: Spidey gets a tweak today, nothing major. Just cleaned up a couple of skills and added a couple of AE's to his Webbing Array.

Clean Up 1/15/10: As part of my changing up the PL structure of my builds here to be more in line with the DCA core builds, I updated my Spidey build to PL12.

Spidey gets an update as I mentioned before about changing my PL structure of my builds here since I originally had them at a slightly lower scale overall than the DCA core builds. First one is this change to Spidey. I'll work on the others as a I have time.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:41 pm

Check out this HOT special hitting the J-Mart aisles!

Dang Taco Bell hot sauce...

FIREBREATHER PC
PL: 9 (135 pp) - OPL: 9 ; DPL: 9

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 9, STAMINA 9, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 4 (+8), Athletics 1 (+10), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+8), Deception (+1), Insight 2 (+3), Intimidation 7 (+8), Perception 4 (+5), Persuasion 3 (+4), Ranged Combat [Blast] 5 (+8), Stealth (+4)

ADVANTAGES: Diehard, Evasion (1), Favored Foe (Kaijus), Improved Initiative (1), Power Attack

POWERS:
Half Kaiju Physiology: Immunity 10 (Fire Effects), Protection 2, Flight 6 (60 mph; Flaw: Wings); 18 pts
Fire Breathing: Array, 20 pt array; 21 pts
Fire Blast: Fire Ranged Damage 10; 20 pts
Fire Cone: Cone Area Fire Damage 9 (Extra: Area Cone [30 ft]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8
Close Attack +6
Unarmed +8 [Unarmed +9]
Ranged Attack +3
Fire Blast +8 [Fire Blast +10]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +7 [DC17] Parry +7 [DC17]
Toughness +11, Fortitude +10, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:
Acceptance: He longs to be accepted as a normal guy, despite his half-Kaiju lineage
Enemy: His father Belloc (kinda), MEGTAF (kinda)
Legacy: His father, Belloc, King of the Kaijus, expects him to succeed him and but he doesn't want to
Relationships: His mother Margaret, his best friend Kenny, his (almost) girl, Jenna
Temper: Because of his half-Kaiju physiology, he has a wicked temper when he's not really watching it

Abilities 68 + Skills 14 (28 ranks) + Advantages 5 + Powers 39 + Defenses 9 = 135 / 135

Comments: So I checked out the Firebreather movie on Cartoon Network on Thanksgiving weekend and I thought it was pretty decent. Not great and certainly formulaic, but entertaining. If you’re not familiar with the Image comic (I wasn’t and still am not) or the movie, the gist of the story is that Duncan Roseblatt, moderately normal teenage finds out that his real father is a 120-ft. tall dragon-type creature called a Kaiju and as such, he begins to develop Kaiju-type powers, super strength, flight and of course, firebreathing. Kind of your usual teen-angst type of super hero story we’ve seen since Spider-Man, but still pretty good.

In my setting, he is still trying deal with everything that has gone on, but his mother has gotten him into the Young Justice program and he is on Patriot’s team.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:16 pm

We break up the PCs with a new addition to our Villains Line.

...And yet there are STILL places on my back I can't scratch...

DOCTOR OCTOPUS
PL: 11 (182 pts) - OPL: 11 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1 [10], STAMINA 3, AGILITY 0, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 4, INTELLECT 9, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Athletics (+0/+18), Close Combat [Tentacles] 2 (+6/+12), Deception 6 (+10), Expertise [Radiation] 10 (+19), Expertise [Science] 6 (+15), Expertise [Streetwise] 1 (+10), Insight 8 (+10), Intimidation 8 (+12) [Fascinate], Perception 3 (+5), Persuasion (+4), Ranged Combat [Throwing] 2 (+7), Technology 9 (+15) [Inventor], Treatment 2 (+11)

ADVANTAGES: Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (1), Fascinate (1) (Intimidation), Favored Foe (Spider-Man), Inventor, Ranged Attack (3)

ENHANCED ADVANTAGES:[/b] Benefit (1) (Ambidexterity), Chokehold, Close Attack (6), Crushing Pin *, Evasion (1), Fast Grab, Improved Defense, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative (2), Improved Trip, Instant Up, Power Attack, Seize Initiative, Takedown (1), Uncanny Dodge, Weapon Bind, Weapon Break

POWERS:
Tentacle Control: Senses 1 (Communication Link [Tentacles]); 1 pt
Tentacle Harness: 92 pts traits
Tentacles: Extra Limbs 4 (4 Tentacles), Senses 1 (Normal Sight [Radius]), Enhanced Strength 9 (Quirk: Limited to tentacles), Elongation 2 (30 ft); 24 pts
Tentacle Mastery: Enhanced Advantages 25 (see Advantages), Enhanced Skills 10 (Acrobatics 8 ranks, Athletics 8 ranks, Ranged Combat [Throwing] 4); 31 pts
Tentacle Shielding: Enhanced Dodge 10, Enhanced Parry 10; 20 pts
Super Movement: Speed 3 (16 mph), Movement 2 (Wall-Crawling 2); 7 pts Tentacle Strike: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 0 (Extra: Multiattack); 10 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(25ep)
Flash Goggle Glasses: +5 Visual Dazzle Resistance, Tiny; 1ep
24ep for Hideout, other science stuff

OFFENSE:
Initiative +0 (+8 with Tentacles, Seize Initiative)
Close Attack +4
Tentacles Close Attack +10
Tentacle Strikes +12 [Unarmed +10; Tentacle Strike +10, Multiattack]
Ranged Attack +5
Throwing +7

DEFENSES:
Dodge +5 (+15 with Tentacles) [DC15/24] Parry +5/+15 [DC15/25]
Toughness +5, Fortitude +7, Will +11

COMPLICATIONS:
Arrogance: He is very arrogant, which can be his downfall
Disability: He is very nearsighted without his glasses/goggles
Enemy: Spider-Man
Greed: He craves power, recognition and money
Power Loss: While it rarely occurs, his Tentacle Harness can be removed by surgical or other means

Abilities 50 + Skills 26 (52 ranks) + Advantages 13 + Powers 74 + Defenses 19 = 182 / 182

Comments: Doc Ock is one of my favorite Spidey villains. Visually arresting and usually quite well written, Doc has been one of Pete’s longest running villains and one of the few that gives him all he can handle physically. And man, did Alfred Molina just ROCK as Doc Ock in Spider-Man 2.

Clean Up 5/17/12: A clean up to Doc as I prepare to build his current version where he has an upgraded harness/body armor and is at death's door.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:33 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:06 pm

And now, one our favorite items for our IT'LL BE A COLD DAY IN... line!

Ice, Ice, ba...

Please, boss...not again...

I can't help it, Randal! It's the anthem of my generation!

I...can't argue with that. Proceed with the hackdom...

Thank you! Ahem...

ICE, ICE, BABY!!!

ICEMAN
PL: 11 (225 pts) - OPL: 11 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1 [4], STAMINA 2, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 5, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Acrobatics 4 (+8), Athletics 2 (+6), Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+8), Deception 7 (+10) [Taunt], Expertise [Art] 3 (+5), Expertise [Accounting] 5 (+7), Expertise [Popular Culture] 3 (+5), Insight (+2), Intimidation (+3), Perception 3 (+5), Persuasion (+3), Ranged Combat [Ice Control] 4 (+7), Stealth (+4), Technology 2 (+4), Vehicles 4 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Accurate Attack, Languages (1) (Spanish, 1 other, Base: English), Move-by Action, Taunt, Teamwork

POWERS:
Human Fridge: Feature 1 (You can generate sufficient cold to perfectly chill food and beverages by touch or keep cold items cold so long as you are touching them); 1 pt
Insta-Chill: Feature 1 (You can cool small, hot items instantly by touch, turning boiling water into ice water, for example, or making hot food cold); 1 pt
Cold Shoulder: Feature 1 (You can generate a small drop in temperature, enough to give people “chills” in your immediate area, good for a circumstance bonus for some interactions); 1 pt
Iceman Physique: Senses 1 (Infravision), Movement 2 (Sure Footed, Trackless, Flaw: Limited [Ice/Snow conditions only], Regeneration 5 (Flaw: Source [Water]), Immunity 10 (Cold effects); 17 pts
Iceman Form: Protection 6, Enhanced Strength 3; 12 pts
Ice Slides: Flight 5 (60 mph/900 fpr, Flaw: Platform), Enhanced Advantages 1 (Move-by-Action); 6 pts
Ice Control: 83 pt Dynamic Array; 95 pts
Ice Duplicates: Summon 8 (120 pt minions, Extra: Controlled, Dynamic, Horde, Mental Link, Multiple Minions 3 [8 minions], Variable Type [Various Icemen]); 83 pts
Ice Blast: Ranged Damage 15 (Extra: Dynamic, Split, Variable Descriptor [Bludgeoning, Cold, Piercing]); 2 pts
Ice Snare: Cumulative Ranged Affliction 11 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength/Damage; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized; Extra: Dynamic, Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited to two Degrees); 2 pts
Ice Objects: Create 15 (Ice Objects; Extra: Continuous, Dynamic, Innate, Quirk: [Objects melt over time in appropriate conditions]); 2 pts
Ice Storms: Environment 4 (250 ft; Cold 2 [Extreme Cold], Impede Movement 2 [-2 ranks movement], Visibility 2 [-5 to Perception], Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Flash Freeze: Ranged Weaken Toughness 15 (Extra: Dynamic, Flaw: Affects Only Objects); 2 pts
Ice Slick: Ranged Burst Area Affliction 11 (Ice; Resisted by Dodge; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Prone, Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Dynamic, Extra Condition, Flaw: Instant Recovery, Limited Degree); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +4
Close Attack +5
Unarmed +8 [Unarmed +1; Iceman Form Unarmed +4]
Ranged Attack +3
Ice Control +7 [Ice Blast +15;Ice Snare Affliction +11; Ice Objects +15]
Special Attack [Ice Slick Affliction +11, Ranged Burst Area ]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +2 (+8 in Ice Form), Fortitude +7, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Inferiority Complex: Bobby has confidence issues that can limit his ability to use his powers to their fullest extent.
Prejudice: Mutant.
Relationships: He is close with his original X-Men teammates.
Vulnerable: Iceman takes an extra degree of failure against fire/heat based effects.

Abilities 44 + Skills 20 (40 ranks) + Advantages 4 + Powers 134 + Defenses 23 = 225 / 225

Build Comments: Bobby is probably the least interesting of the original X-Men to me. I mean, I like him and I’ve always loved his power set, but I think of all of them he’s had the least character development over his 40+ years of existence in the Marvel U. But be that as a it may, man he does have a wicked power set, full of useful abilities and a ton of power stunting options. And this is a scared down version, IMHO. When he really cuts loose, he’s a more of a PL12, but the writers usually keep him pretty much in check, despite his Omega Level Mutant status. As such, he came out to be a balanced PL10.

As I continue to work through my minor motivational slump, I plan on hitting the X-Verse hard soon, so look for more of Bobby's friends (and enemies) soon.

Secret Origins: Robert Louis Drake was born in Floral Park, Long Island, New York to William Robert Drake and Madeline Beatrice Bass-Drake. Bobby is Jewish on his mother's side and Irish Catholic on his father's. Bobby first discovered his mutant abilities at a young age when he found himself unable to stop feeling cold and shivering. A school bully named Rocky Beasely convinced his gang to attack Bobby and Judy Harmon, his girlfriend at the time. Bobby panicked and encased Rocky in ice, saving Judy, but revealing his abilities to his peers. Believing Bobby to be a dangerous mutant, the people of his town, Fort Washington, organized a lynch mob. The mob broke into the Drake household and overpowered them. The local sheriff noticed that things were getting out of hand and took Bobby into custody for his own protection. The story made its way to Professor Charles Xavier, founder of the X-Men.

Xavier sent Scott Summers, Cyclops, to recruit Bobby. After Bobby turned him down the two mutants got into a brief scuffle before the mob caught up with them. The mob was stringing Scott and Bobby up to be hanged when Professor X used his telepathic abilities to erase their memories. Grateful for saving his life and yearning to be like Scott, Bobby enrolled in Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters and become the second member of the X-Men. There, the X-Men were tutored by Professor X and trained in the use of their powers in the Danger Room. As 'Iceman' Bobby learned to control his abilities in order to protect a world that feared and hated him for being different alongside Cyclops, Angel, Beast, and Marvel Girl.

Iceman quickly befriended Beast, however, he remained self-conscious regarding the fact that he was the youngest member of the group. Iceman's lighthearted approach to disaster marked him as the comedian of the group, and eased tension among his teammates. Bobby's rudimentary control of his abilities caused his appearance to be snowman-like at first, rather than the almost transparent ice version of his later years. Alongside the X-Men, he battled many foes including Magneto and the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. In time Bobby learned to cover himself in ice instead of his original snow man appearance.

The Story so Far: Bobby was among the original X-Men captured by Krakoa, which led to the formation of a new incarnation of X-Men. Bobby decided not to remain the second generation of the team and left along with all of the original members except for Cyclops.

Bobby went-off to college at UCLA, where he eventually earned his CPA accreditation. Bobby and Warren Worthington III were attacked by harpies who were trying to locate Venus. The two young heroes were joined by Ghost Rider, Black Widow, and Hercules. After defeating Pluto, they decided to stick together as a team, the self-styled "Champions of Los Angeles". Bobby worked with the team for a year or so, but noticed that his powers changing and growing, which caused him great anxiety.

After the team disbanded, Bobby learned that he didn't need to fear the evolution of his abilities and returned to the X-Men to explore his untapped potential to the fullest. It was during this time that Bobby suffered a chest injury from Black Tom that triggered his Secondary Mutation, slowly encasing his body in ice and preventing him from reverting into his human form. During a mission to rescue Nightcrawler, Iceman's entire body was shattered in his ice-form, leaving only his head. Bobby later reformed himself using the moisture from the body of an enemy. These changes caused him to become bitter towards everyone, but with Beast’s and Kitty Pryde’s friendship, he became his old self in short order.

After the disagreement between Cyclops and Wolverine over the direction of mutant race, Wolverine decided to relocate the majority of the students back to the Xavier grounds and Bobby was the first person he asked to help him. Bobby agreed and the two began to recruit staff members for the "Jean Grey School for Higher Learning". Bobby served as the school's bookkeeper for a while, but has passed that duty on to Doop. He did so because Scott Summers asked him to join the Justice League with him, along with Beast as he knew they would be there to keep him on track and call him out if they felt he was making decisions that were not in the best interest of the team or the mutant race.

Characterization: Bobby is a Certified Practicing Accountant, a skilled ice skater, and can speak Spanish fluently. His lighthearted nature is a source of great comfort to the team at times, and a source of frustration at others, especially to Cyclops and Wolverine who feel he doesn’t take his role as a hero seriously enough. They also think it’s why he doesn’t always use his Omega-level powers to their fullest extent.

Friends and Foes: Bobby’s best friends are the original X-Men, especially Beast and Angel. He is good friends with The Human Torch and occasionally teams up with Spider-Man and Firestar for adventures outside of The X-Men.

Clean Up 4/4/13: As I start a review of and additions to my X-Verse builds, I made some updates to Bobby since he's a build I really want to test.

Clean Up 8/30/13: Big updates to Bobby based on his recent ability to summon a bunch of Iceman Dupes to help out in combat. Right now, I just left them as non ice-slinging versions of him, but I may make them more combat capable since that's what they seem to focus on.

Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:45 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:19 pm

We have a new item for our Venture Brothers line and it is definitely a J-Mart Favorite!

You don't want my life. What do I have to show for it? Metal plate in my chest, Vatican karate gorilla blood on my hands, and a foot locker full of manbro viles. - Brock Samson

Read more: http://www.tvfanatic.com/quotes/charact ... z1dY9ObYoE

BROCK SAMSON
PL: 9 (163 pp) - OPL: 9 ; DPL: 9

ABILITIES: STRENGTH: 5 STAMINA: 7 AGILITY: 3 DEXTERITY: 5 FIGHTING: 10 INTELLECT: 2 AWARENESS: 3 PRESENCE: 4

SKILLS: Acrobatics 5 (+8), Athletics 7 (+12), Deception 3 (+7/+9) [Attractive], Expertise [OSI Agent] 6 (+8), Insight 5 (+8) [Assessment], Intimidation 6 (+10) [Startle], Investigation 4 (+6) [Contacts, Well-Informed], Perception 5 (+8), Persuasion 2 (+6) [Attractive], Ranged Combat [Throwing] 3 (+10), Stealth 8 (+11), Technology 3 (+5), Treatment 3 (+5), Vehicles 4 (+9)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Assessment, Attractive (1), Benefit (1) (License to Kill), Chokehold, Close Attack (2), Contacts, Cunning Fighter*, Damaging Escape *, Diehard, Equipment (7), Extraordinary Effort, Follow-Up Strike *, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (3) (Unarmed, Knives 2), Improved Initiative (1), Interpose, Last Stand *, Lionheart*, Power Attack, Ranged Attack (2), Startle, Takedown (1), Throwing Mastery (1), Tough* (1), Ultimate Effort (1) (Ultimate Toughness), Well-Informed

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(35ep)
Venture 2-Way Communication Watch: Communication 4 (Televisual), GPS, Senses 1 (Time Sense); 18 ep
Knife: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Critical 19-20, Small; 2ep
Vehicle: (15ep)
The Charger: Size - L, Strength - 6, Speed - 5, Def - 8, Tough - 10, Features 3 (Alarm 2, DC25, Hidden Compartments); 15ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +7
Close Attack +12 [Unarmed +5, 19-20 Critical; Knives +6, 17-20 Critical]
Ranged Attack +7
Thrown Items +10 [Thrown Items +1]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +8 (Ultimate Effort), Fortitude +10, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Lots, although most are scared sh*tless of him
Honor: Doesn't kill women or children. Everyone else however…, Obsession: He really likes sex. Like a lot.
Relationships: The Venture Family, Molotov Cocktease, Hunter Gathers
Responsibility: Protecting the Venture family
Rivalry: With Molotov Cocktease and sometimes Myra
Temper: Get the hell out of his way when he's angry

Abilities 78 + Skills 32 (64 ranks) + Advantages 38 + Powers 0 + Defenses 15 = 163 / 163

Comments: The ultimate bad ass of the Venture Brothers universe, the Swedish Murder Machine himself, Brock Samson. I was really concerned about the show about the middle of season 3, but man, it picked up and has just continued to be the best thing on Adult Swim EVER.

I thought about making Brock a full PL10, but that setting doesn't near that high overall. With him being a PL9, he's nigh unbeatable there, pretty much like he is in the show. More Venture stuff to come in the future.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:19 pm

We have a new item for our all new TRON Aisle hitting the J-Mart shelves.

This isn't happening.

(a Recognizer appears overhead) Oh man...this IS happening. - Sam Flynn

SAM FLYNN
PL: 7 (95 pp) - OPL: 7 ; DPL: 7

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 5, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 4 (+7), Athletics 5 (+7), Close Combat [Identity Disc] 2 (+7), Deception 8 (+9), Insight (+2), Intimidation (+1), Investigation 4 (+7), Perception 3 (+5), Persuasion (+1), Ranged Combat [Identity Disc] 4 (+7), Stealth 2 (+5), Technology 10 (+13), Vehicles 10 (+13)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Benefit (5) (Status – Son of Flynn, Wealth 4 [Multi-Millionaire]), Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (2), Extraordinary Effort, Favored Environment (Cycles), Luck (1), Taunt

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(10ep)
Body Armor: Protection 1; 1ep
Identity Disc: (7ep)
Identity Disc Throwing: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Ranged Damage 2 (Extra: Ricochet); 5ep
Identity Disc Strike: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 2; 1ep
Disc Deflection: Enhanced Parry 2, Enhanced Dodge 1; 1ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +5 [Unarmed +2]
Identity Disc Strike +7 [Identity Disc Strike +4]
Ranged Attack +3
Identity Disc Throwing +7 [Identity Disc Blast +4]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +9 [DC19] Parry +9 [DC19]
Toughness +5, Fortitude +5, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:
Big Shoes to Fill: He is supposed to be following in the footsteps of his dad, tech legend Kevin Flynn, but he has continued to avoid his responsibilities
Relationships: His father, Quorra, Alan Bradley
Reputation: A flake and irresponsible in the real world, Son of Flynn in digital world
Thrills: He is a thrill seeker

Abilities 42 + Skills 26 (52 ranks) + Advantages 14 + Powers 0 + Defenses 13 = 95 / 95

Comments: So Tron: Legacy…I had mixed feelings about it. The plot was…eh, but the visuals were great, the action moved well and most of the acting was pretty good, especially the incredible Jeff Bridges who gave great characterization to a role that could have been pretty plastic. And while the CLU effects were pretty good, it still looked kinda plastic most of the time. Regardless, I ended up seeing it twice and I enjoyed it, probably more the second time since I knew what I was getting and the Little Thorpacolypses loved it, so that helped, too.

So I figured I would start whipping up a few builds from the movie, especially since Technoshaman’s builds were quite the inspiration. I figured I would start with Sam since he’s kind of the starting point of the setting since he’s the hero of the flick. I was going to go PL5, but by the end of the movie he was derezzing Blackguards with little trouble and I see them at about PL5 so PL7 overall felt right. He’s only about PL6 offensively, but like most movie heroes, he doesn’t get hit hardly ever so I made him PL7 on defense and he can go up to PL8 on a cycle with Favored Environment, since that’s where he really shines. Between his tech and vehicle skill, he's very effective in the Grid setting.

I didn’t give him a Light Cycle since really, CLU has control of those and if I get around to him, he’ll have all those and the Light Planes and such. I plan on making them equipment like I did the Identity Discs since they are common to that setting. Kevin Flynn’s disc, whoever, will have to be a device since it is so integral to the setting.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

marcoasalazarm
Hero
Hero

Re: J-Mart 3E: Iceman, Brock Samson, Sam Flynn

Post by marcoasalazarm » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:57 pm

First: Well, 'Legacy'''s plot wasn't aiming to be 'Gone With The Wind'-just like the first movie wasn't, either. If anything, 'Legacy' is a smidge more mature than the first one.

It WAS aiming to be a full-out special effects extravaganza with an insanely cool soundtrack. It is on THIS that the filmmakers hit the target.

Well, gotta say that Sam's write-up looks good. If you don't mind me borrowing him (and a few other characters of your Thread, including the other 'Legacy' characters... if they are made) for my own campaign...?
Bad guy looks at small pistol by PC. Bad guy makes pistol with fingers.
Bad guy-¿"Bang"?.
PC shakes head gravely.
PC (quiet voice)-"Boom".
PC pulls trigger.
Bad guy gets vaporized.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:35 pm

marcoasalazarm wrote:First: Well, 'Legacy'''s plot wasn't aiming to be 'Gone With The Wind'-just like the first movie wasn't, either. If anything, 'Legacy' is a smidge more mature than the first one.

It WAS aiming to be a full-out special effects extravaganza with an insanely cool soundtrack. It is on THIS that the filmmakers hit the target.

Well, gotta say that Sam's write-up looks good. If you don't mind me borrowing him (and a few other characters of your Thread, including the other 'Legacy' characters... if they are made) for my own campaign...?
True dat. I wasn't bagging on the movie, like I said, I enjoyed it. And I am now a Daft Punk fan fo' sho'. I am using my birthday money to download the soundtrack from iTunes post haste!

Take any of the builds here you want. All the builds here are up for usage. That's what the J-Mart franchise is all about. Now that I am breaking out of my building malaise and having a tad more free time coming up, I plan on knocking out several builds shortly including some from Tron and some other non-comic areas.

Tonight, however, I'm just going to relax, cruise the board and hit the sack early. The old, fat guy is pooped after showing 18" inches of snow out of my driveway the past two days here in America's Heartland. I also have to come up with a plan to get the Little Thorpacolypse's out of the house tomorrow since they've been off school since Monday and are so bored that my 11-year-old actually WANTED to go school tomorrow. :wink:
Shop J-Mart!

marcoasalazarm
Hero
Hero

Post by marcoasalazarm » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:22 am

Thorpacolypse wrote:
marcoasalazarm wrote:First: Well, 'Legacy'''s plot wasn't aiming to be 'Gone With The Wind'-just like the first movie wasn't, either. If anything, 'Legacy' is a smidge more mature than the first one.

True dat. I wasn't bagging on the movie, like I said, I enjoyed it. And I am now a Daft Punk fan fo' sho'. I am using my birthday money to download the soundtrack from iTunes post haste!

Take any of the builds here you want. All the builds here are up for usage. That's what the J-Mart franchise is all about. Now that I am breaking out of my building malaise and having a tad more free time coming up, I plan on knocking out several builds shortly including some from Tron and some other non-comic areas.

Tonight, however, I'm just going to relax, cruise the board and hit the sack early. The old, fat guy is pooped after showing 18" inches of snow out of my driveway the past two days here in America's Heartland. I also have to come up with a plan to get the Little Thorpacolypse's out of the house tomorrow since they've been off school since Monday and are so bored that my 11-year-old actually WANTED to go school tomorrow. :wink:
Yeah.. the snow. A pain to a lot of people.

Over here it's summer. Lots of dry heat and inclement, cloudless sun. High temperatures during the day, bone-rattling cold in the night. It's not nice, either.
Bad guy-¿"Bang"?.
PC shakes head gravely.
PC (quiet voice)-"Boom".
PC pulls trigger.
Bad guy gets vaporized.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:52 pm

marcoasalazarm wrote:Yeah.. the snow. A pain to a lot of people.

Over here it's summer. Lots of dry heat and inclement, cloudless sun. High temperatures during the day, bone-rattling cold in the night. It's not nice, either.
Trade ya! I'll even throw in 10-12 inches of snow for free! 8)
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:15 pm

Another J-Mart Favorite item hits the Marvel Aisle shelves!

The man did actually take on Thor, and survived, I sh*t you not. Messeth thou not with him...

TASKMASTER
PL: 12 (190 pp) - OPL: 12 ; DPL: 12

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 6, DEXTERITY 6, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 7 (+13), Athletics 8 (+11), Deception 10 (+12), Expertise [Mercenary] 10 (+12), Insight 10 (+15) [Assessment], Intimidation 9 (+11), Investigation 5 (+7) [Contacts], Perception 10 (+15), Persuasion (+2), Stealth 5 (+11), Vehicles 2 (+8)

ADVANTAGES: Assessment, Benefit (2) (No ID), Close Attack (3), Contacts, Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (6), Improved Initiative (1), Jack-of-all-Trades, Ranged Attack (7), Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Photographic Reflexes: Variable 4 (20 pts traits; Extra: Action [Free], Duration [Continuous], Flaw: Limited [Skills, Advantages, Active Defenses]), Senses 4 (Detect Weakness [Ranged Visual, Acute, Analytical, Limited to targets of Reflex Memory], Feature 1 [Mimicry]); 41 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(30ep)
Armored Costume: Protection 2, Enhanced Skills 1 [+2 Intimidation]; 3ep
Medium Shield: +2 to Active Defenses; 4ep
Arsenal: (23ep)
Assault Rifle: Ballistic Ranged Damage 5, Extra: Multi-Attack; 125 ft range, Large; 15ep
Sword: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 3, Critical 19-20, Medium; 1ep
Heavy Pistol: Ballistic Ranged Damage 4; 100 ft range, Small; 1ep
6ep as needed for situation

OFFENSE:
Initiative +10
Close Attack +13 [Unarmed +3; Sword +6, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +13 [Assault Rifle +5, Multiattack; Heavy Pistol +4]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +8, Fortitude +8, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
Greed: He likes money. A lot. He'll switch allegiances pretty much anytime for the right price
Phobia: He has a fear of drowning because as a kid, he used his ability to learn how to dive like an Olympic diver, but did not know how to swim…
Rivalry: He has a love/hate relationship with Deadpool and Agent X. Mostly hate, really, and never love, but he'll assist them time to time

Abilities 76 + Skills 37 (74 ranks) + Advantages 25 + Powers 41 + Defenses 11 = 190 / 190

Comments: Really become a fan of the Taskmaster. Not only does he have a great power set with the Photographic Reflexes which allows him to mimic any skills and/or combat abilities he has a chance to observe, he’s become a fascinating character. In the last issues of Avengers: The Initiative he was the focus of the book, and a fine lead character was he was and then in Siege did fight with Thor, but had a LOT of help in taking him down. Then he got schooled by Bucky Cap. Oh well, he was smart enough to high-tail it before things went completely to hell and that’s what I love about him. He’s an opportunist.

I set his power with 20 pts of skills, feats, and/or active defenses that he can get based on who he’s copying. He can either be hard to hit or hard to hurt, hit with Bullseye type accuracy or Wolverine power, do acrobatics better then DD or Nightwing or whatever he needs at the time. He'd be a great fight for Batman.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

marcoasalazarm
Hero
Hero

Post by marcoasalazarm » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:52 am

Thorpacolypse wrote:
marcoasalazarm wrote:Yeah.. the snow. A pain to a lot of people.

Trade ya! I'll even throw in 10-12 inches of snow for free! 8)
Deal.
Bad guy-¿"Bang"?.
PC shakes head gravely.
PC (quiet voice)-"Boom".
PC pulls trigger.
Bad guy gets vaporized.