J-Mart: Preparing for Relocation... :)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Post by Thorpacolypse » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:23 pm

Our next item in THE KIDS ARE ALRIGHT Special is an item that is going FAST!

So his name is Speed, huh? I wonder what his power is?

SPEED PC
PL: 9 (135 pts) - OPL: 8 ; DPL: 9

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 6, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 4, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 4 (+10) [Agile Feint], Athletics 2 (+5), Close Combat [Unarmed] 4 (+8), Deception 9 (+10/+12) [Attractive, Taunt], Expertise [Streetwise] 3 (+4), Insight (+1), Intimidation (+1), Perception 4 (+5), Persuasion (+1/+3) [Attractive], Stealth (+6), Technology 2 (+3)

ADVANTAGES: Attractive (1), Equipment (1), Set-Up (1), Taunt, Teamwork

ENHANCED ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, Evasion (2), Improved Defense, Improved Initiative (4), Move-by Action, Redirect, Seize Initiative, Takedown (1), Uncanny Dodge

POWERS:
Speedster Physiology: Immunity 1 (Friction Heat), Protection 1; 2 pts
Super Strong Legs: Enhanced Strength 2 (1600 lbs; Flaw: Limited to Legs); 2 pts
Super Speed: Enhanced Parry 5, Enhanced Dodge 5, Speed 10 (2,000 mph), Quickness 10, Enhanced Advantages 14 (see Advantages); 44 pts
Super Speed Stunts: Array, 8 pt array; 12 pts
Tornado Blast: Cone Area Move Object 8 (Extra: Area Cone [30 ft.], Flaw: Range [Close], Limited [Only up or down]); 8 pts
AE -Vibration Attack: Weaken Toughness 8 (Flaw: Effects Objects Only); 1 pt
AE - Speed Movement: Movement 2 (Wall Crawling, Water Running; Flaw: Limited [only when running]); 1 pt
AE - Rapid Punches: Bludgeoning Unarmed Multiattack Damage 4 (Extra: Multiattack 4); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
i](5ep)[/i]
Teen Titans/Young Justice Commlink: Features 3 (Commlink, Titans Tower/Mount Justice Access); 3ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +22
Close Attack +4
Unarmed +8 [Unarmed +3; Kicks +5; Rapid Fire Punches +4, Multiattack; Special Close Attack +0]
Ranged Attack +3

DEFENSES:
Dodge +13 [DC23] Parry +13 [DC23]
Toughness +5, Fortitude +6, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:
Relationships: His twin Wiccan, and burgeoning relationships with his mother Wanda, the Scarlet Witch, his uncle Quicksilver and his grandfather, Magneto
Temper: He's always been a bit of a troublemaker and smart ass. Hmmmm, wonder who that reminds you of?

Abilities 46 + Skills 14 (28 ranks) + Advantages 19 + Powers 44 + Defenses 12 = 135 / 135

Comments: I’ve never really liked building speedsters, but the new mechanic they used for the DCA Flash I do like, so I’ve been adapting that for the handful of done, including Speed here. I like how he came out for the points, with about a PL8 on offense and a full PL9 on defense. Seems to fit.

I would also like to note the usage of the Attractive advantage, since the girls seem to really dig him in the books and I don’t think it gets used for guy heroes/villains enough.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

cassius335
Champion
Champion

Re: #217 OV, #212 T

Post by cassius335 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:08 am

Thorpacolypse wrote:
cassius335 wrote:Hmm... while you're playtesting, don't suppose you'd be up to running my British Bulldog Vs your Knight & Squire?
I am really bad about actually getting around to playtests, but if I actually follow through, I can try to work that in. However, I don't have Knight and Squire builds. Well, yet, anyway. Doesn't mean I won't, of course... :wink:
Thanks. :) I must be remembering someone else as having alrady done K&S, but no matter...

EDIT: Ah, twas Mr Morrison I was thinking of.

BARON
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Re: J-Mart 3E: Hawkeye II, Patriot, Iron Lad, Speed

Post by BARON » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:30 am

you know looking at Eli's duds and at the captain america classic duds... it suddenly dawns on me that Cap's kinda dated look might look a lot snazzier if he had eli's costume on with an ultimate-sy cowel.

badpenny
Overlord
Overlord

Post by badpenny » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:56 am

Nice builds as always, but I think you've copied the Teen Titans/Young Justice Commlink into some Marvel builds.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Post by Thorpacolypse » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:04 pm

badpenny wrote:Nice builds as always, but I think you've copied the Teen Titans/Young Justice Commlink into some Marvel builds.
Thanks for the catch. That should be Young Avengers/Young Justice, not Teen Titans. In my setting, those two groups are interchangeable since I am combining the JLA and Avengers as well. I figure in a combined universe setting where I am kinda keeping Civil War (mostly) canon, it would seem a logical progression that the superhero community would come together. My thought is that Steve Rogers and Superman would lead the charge for unity during the Dark Reign/Blackest Night period and during the Brightest Day/Heroic Period Fury would come back in charge and finish the job of making one big super-team structure. There will always be rebels and offshoots, of course, but by and large, the superhero community of the Thorpacoverse is united.

And the General Sam Lane's and Henry Peter Gyrich's of the world are not real thrilled about it, either.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:59 pm

We're still unloading the J-Mart warehouse and we're still proving that THE KIDS ARE ALRIGHT!

Damn teenagers and their growth spurts...

STATURE PC
PL: 9 (135 pts) - OPL: 9 ; DPL: 9

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 0 [12], STAMINA 1 [12], AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 2 (+5), Deception 6 (+7), Expertise [Popular Culture] 3 (+6), Insight 3 (+6), Intimidation (+1/-7/+7), Perception 4 (+7), Persuasion 4 (+5), Stealth (+3/+19/-9), Technology 6 (+9)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Equipment (1), Extraordinary Effort, Improved Grab, Improved Initiative (1), Teamwork

POWERS:
Pym Particle Exposure: Array, 64 pt array; 65 pts
Shrinking: Shrinking 16 (-4 Str, +8 Dodge/Parry, +16 Stealth, -8 Intimidation, Speed -4, -4 Mass, Extra: Duration [Continuous], Normal Strength); 64 pts
Growth: Growth 12 (+12 Str, +12 Sta, -6 Dodge/Parry, -12 Stealth, +6 Intimidation, Speed +1, +12 Mass; Extra: Duration [Continuous], Reach 2 [100 ft.]; 1 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(5ep)
Young Avengers/Young Justice Commlink: Features 3 (Commlink, Titans Tower/Mount Justice Access); 3ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +7
Close Attack +6 [Unarmed +0; Full Growth Unarmed +12]
Ranged Attack +2

DEFENSES:
Dodge +9 (+17 with full Shrinking, +3 with full Growth) [DC19/27/13] Parry +9 (+17 with full Shrinking, +3 with full Growth) [DC21]
Toughness +1 (+13 with full Growth), Fortitude +1, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:
Identity: She tries to maintain her secret identity of Cassie Lang
Motivation: Carrying on her father, Scott Lang's, legacy as a hero
Power Loss: Her mood can effect her abilities, she can grow when she's angry and shrink when she's sad
Relationships: Her teammates, in particular Kate Bishop, Iron Lad, kinda Vision 2.0 (Jonas), her mother, and her father's memory

Abilities 38 + Skills 14 (28 ranks) + Advantages 6 + Powers 65 + Defenses 12 = 135 / 135

Comments: As I worked on Stature, I reviewed my Wasp and Gi-Ant Man, too, because I realized how freakin’ hard it is to get them all PL compatible with their Growth and Shrinking. I had to re-work Cassie twice because I messed it up, and I realize I have to do the same with Jan. Amazingly enough, Pym was right. Go fig.

Cassie ends up under capped on defense with full growth but I’m OK with that, since I don’t see her as much more than that most of the time, even though she’s grown as a hero (no pun intended) over the past few years.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:16 pm

I'm quite for sure if this dude's really a kid, but what the heck, we're still throwing adding him as part of THE KIDS ARE ALRIGHT Special!

He picked the name Jonas for his "human" name? Really? Has he not heard any of their "music"?

THE VISION 2.0 PC
PL: 10 (150 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 5 [12], STAMINA 5, AGILITY 1, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 8, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Athletics (+5), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+8), Expertise [Science] 4 (+12), Insight (+2), Investigation 1 (+9), Perception 3 (+5), Ranged Combat [Concussive Bolts] 2 (+4), Stealth (+1), Technology 5 (+13) Inventor, Treatment 1 (+9)

ADVANTAGES: Eidetic Memory, Inventor, Teamwork

POWERS:
Computer Mind: Comprehend 1 (Speak, Understand Machines), Quickness 3 (Flaw: Limited [Mental Tasks only]); 5 pts
Synthezoid Physiology: Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support), Regeneration 2; 13 pts
Neurokinetic Matter Manipulation: Dynamic Array, 34 pt array; 48 pts
Intangibility: Insubstantial 4 (Extra: Precise), Flight 6 (120 mph; Extra: Dynamic); 34 pts
DAE - Density: Enhanced Strength 7, Protection 8, Impervious 4 (7 ranks), Enhanced Strength 4 (Flaw: Limited to Resisting Movement; Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
DAE - Holograms: Illusion 8 (Visual, Auditory; Extra: Selective, Dynamic); 2 pts
DAE - Disruption Attack: Strength-based Damage 6 (Extra: Affects Corporeal 12, Penetrating 12, Dynamic); 2 pts
DAE - Neurokinetic Adaptations: Variable 3 (15 pts traits, Extra: Action [Reaction], Dynamic); 2 pt
DAE - Concussive Bolts: Force Ranged Damage 12 (Extra: Accurate 2, Affects Corporeal 8, Dynamic); 2 pts
DAE -Communications Systems: Communication 3 (Radio [statewide/across small nation], Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
AE - Time Travel: Movement 3 (Time Travel 3 [Any point in time]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +1
Close Attack +6
Unarmed +8 [Unarmed +5; Full Density Unarmed +12; Disruption Attack +12]
Ranged Attack +2
Concussive Bolts +8 [Concussive Bolts +12]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +6 [DC16] Parry +7 [DC17]
Toughness +5 (+13 with Density, +4 Impervious with Density), Fortitude +8, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Kang the Conqueror, Ultron
Prejudice: Considered just a machine by many when he is far more
Relationships: He is in love with Cassie Lang and is very protective of the other Young Avengers
Vulnerable: Since Kang created the armor he was made from, he can shut him down with a thought

Abilities 58 + Skills 10 (20 ranks) + Advantages 3 + Powers 65 + Defenses 14 = 150 / 150

Comments: The Vision 2.0 is a member of the Young Avengers, since he is basically Iron Lad’s Neurokinetic armor combined with the operating system of the original Vision. As such, he is supposed to have vastly more potential than the original Vision, but he certainly hasn’t shown himself to be as powerful yet.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:22 pm

We're showing that THE KIDS ARE ALRIGHT here at J-Mart! Check out this new item for Aisle 2!

If only he could follow in his mother's footsteps and say something like "No more Pyms"...

WICCAN

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 4, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Athletics (+1), Close Combat [Quarterstaff] 3 (+7), Deception (+2), Expertise [Magic] 7 (+10), Insight 5 (+9), Intimidation (+2), Perception 5 (+9), Persuasion (+2), Ranged Combat [Magic] 5 (+8), Stealth 3 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Defensive Roll (1), Equipment (1), Evasion (1), Extraordinary Effort, Improved Initiative (1), Ritualist, Teamwork

POWERS:
Magic Flight: Flight 6 (120 mph); 12 pts
Wiccan Staff: 5 pts traits, Easily Removable (-2 pts); 3 pts
Staff Strike: Bludgeoning Strength-based Damage 2 (Extra: Reach); 3 pts
Staff Recall: Feature 1 (Wiccan can recall staff to hand at will); 1 pt
Magic Focus: Enhanced Skill 1 (Ranged Combat: Magic 2); 1 pt

Mystic Array: Array, 53 pt array; 57 pts
Mystic Portal: Teleport 10 (1000 miles, Extra: Portal, Accurate, Dimensional 3 [Any Dimension], Flaw: Extended Only]); 53 pts
Eldritch Blast: Mystic Ranged Damage 12 (Extra: Variable Descriptor 2 [Mystic/any elemental]); 1 pt
Mystic Healing: Healing 10 (Extra: Persistent, Restorative, Stabilize); 1 pt
Reality Warping: Variable 8 (40 pts traits; Flaw: Tiring); 1 pt
Spellcasting: Variable 8 (40 pts traits of the Mystic descriptor; Flaw: Slow); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(5ep)
Asgardian Costume: Protection 1; 1 ep
Young Avengers/Young Justice Commlink: Features 3 (Commlink, Titans Tower/Mount Justice Access); 3ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +4 [Unarmed +1]
Staff +7 [Staff Strike +3]
Ranged Attack +
Magic +8 [Eldritch Blast +12]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +7 [DC17] Parry +7 [DC17]
Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Prejudice: Sadly enough, he gets some flack for being homosexual
Relationships: His boyfriend Hulkling, his brother Speed, burgeoning relationships with his mother, Wanda, the Scarlet Witch, his uncle Quicksilver and his grandfather, Magneto

Abilities 42 + Skills 13 (26 ranks) + Advantages 7 + Powers 72 + Defenses 16 = 150 / 150

Comments: I have to admit, I started out Wiccan going one way, then I looked at BARON’s build and I had to borrow a lot of that array to get him to playable points. My first run had him at 183 pts and there was no way I was going to make him a PL12 just for that. It was hard enough to go with a PL10 since I really don’t see him there generally, but he has become almost as much of a plot device character as his mother, so I put him there. That has my Young Avengers team with Hulkling, Iron Lad, Vision 2.0 and Billy here at PL10, Patriot, Hawkeye II, Speed and Stature at PL9 which feels about right.

And I am adding another young person with a legendary Avengers member tie to their team, and I bet that person eventually joins them in main continuity, too…
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:29 pm

From one former "Asgardian" to a current one, we keep THE KIDS ARE ALRIGHT Special rolling along!

She's making me think about the wrong kind of Hammer Time...

THOR GIRL

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 10, STAMINA 9, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 7, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Athletics (+10), Deception (+2), Expertise [Magic] 7 (+8), Insight 3 (+5), Intimidation 5 (+7), Perception 3 (+5), Persuasion (+2), Ranged Combat [Hammer] 6 (+8), Stealth (+2)

ADVANTAGES:
All-Out Attack, Attractive (1), Close Attack (1), Defensive Roll (1), Equipment (1), Interpose, Languages (1)

ENHANCED ADVANTAGES: Asgardian Physiology - Diehard, Great Endurance

ENHANCED ADVANTAGES: Hammer - Improved Smash, Weapon Break

POWERS:
Asgardian Physiology: Immunity 5 (Aging, Disease, Poison, Heat, Cold), Senses 2 (Normal Vision [Extended], Normal Hearing [Extended], Enhanced Advantages 2 (see Advantages), Feature 1 (Increased Mass); 10 pts
Asgardian Strength: Enhanced Strength 1 (50 Tons; Flaw: Limited to Lifting); 1 pts
Asgardian Armor: 13 pts traits, Removable (-3 pts); 10 pts
Asgardian Plate: Protection 3, Impervious Toughness 5 (10 ranks); 13 pts
Tarene Hammer: 46 pts traits, Easily Removable (-18 pts); 28 pts
Indestructible: Feature 1 (Indestructible); 1 pts
Magic Detection: Senses 2 (Detect Magic [Mental, Ranged]); 2 pts
Life Support: Immunity 5 (Suffocation, Vacuum, High Pressure); 5 pts
Weather Control: Environment 7 (1800 ft radius; Impede Movement, Visibility); 14 pts
Hammer Time! Array, 20 pt array; 24 pts
Lightning Blast: Electrical Ranged Damage 10; 20 pts
Hammer Throw: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Ranged Damage 2 (Extra: Affects Insubstantial); 1 pt
Hammer Strike Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 2, Enhanced Advantages 2 (see Advantages), (Extra: Affects Insubstantial); 1 pt
Wind Riding: Flight 9 (1000 mph), Movement 1 (Space Travel); 1 pt
Dimensional Movement: Movement 2 (Dimensional [Midgard/Asgard/Hell]; Extra: Portal 2); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(5ep)

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +8 [Unarmed +10; Hammer Strike +12]
Ranged Attack +2
Hammer +8 [Thrown Hammer +12; Lightning Blast +10]

DEFENSES:
Toughness +13, Fortitude +11, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Not from this Earth: She was originally an alien with power that rivaled Odin's but has been changed into this Asgardian form. As such, she sometimes struggles with her new role and life on Earth
Relationships: She sees Thor as a big brother
Responsibility: Protection of Asgard

Abilities 70 + Skills 12 (24 ranks) + Advantages 15 + Powers 41 + Defenses 12 = 150 / 150

Comments: I think Thor Girl would be a perfect addition to the Young Avengers so she is in my setting and I think the Marvel writers will eventually get that as well. She hasn't been seen since Ragnarök, the crazed Thor clone, beat her down in Avengers: Initiative, so she could use something to do and I think joining up with the other young heroes patterned after core Avengers is a natural progression. Not to mention the fact that they could use another female character to balance the team.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:41 pm

Our next item that tells us that THE KIDS ARE ALRIGHT is an update to an item already stocked on the Aisle 1 shelves.

Why can't I fly? Superman can fly...?

SUPERBOY (CONNER KENT)
PL: 11 (155 pts) - OPL: 11 ; DPL: 11

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 15, STAMINA 12, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 7, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Athletics (+13), Insight (+1), Intimidation 8 (+8), Perception 4 (+5), Ranged Combat [Heat Vision] 5 (+7), Ranged Combat [Throwing] 3 (+5), Stealth (+2), Technology 4 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Beginner's Luck, Equipment (1), Interpose, Power Attack

POWERS:
More Powerful Than a Locomotive: Enhanced Strength 2 (3200 Tons; Flaw: Limited to Lifting); 2 pts
Invulnerability: Protection 2, Impervious Toughness 5, Enhanced Advantages 1 (Diehard), Feature 1 (Longevity), Regeneration 3 (1/every 3 rounds; Extra: Persistent, Flaw: Limited [Requires exposure to yellow sunlight]); 16 pts
Able to Leap Tall Buildings (but that's it for now): Leaping 8 (1800 ft); 8 pts
Faster Than a…fast…normal human...: Speed 3 (16 mph); 3 pts
Powers Far Beyond Those of Mortal Men: 13 pt array; 15 pts
Heat Vision: Heat Ranged Damage 13 (Flaw: Unreliable); 13 pts
Super-Breath: Cone Area Move Object 8 (Extra: Area Cone [60 ft], Flaw: Range [Close], Limited Direction [towards or away]); 1 pt
Super Senses: Senses 11 (Normal Hearing [Acute, Extended 2], Normal Vision [Extended 2], Infravision [Extended], Ultra-Hearing [Extended]); 1 pt

Alternate Effect of Strength Damage:[/i] 1 pt
Groundstrike: Burst Area Damage 11 (Extra: Area Burst [30 ft area], Flaw: Superboy and targets must be on the ground); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(5ep)
Young Justice Communicard: Senses 2 (Communication Link [Radio, Young Justice Members), GPS, Feature 1 (Mount Justice/Avengers Tower Access), Benefit 1 (Young Justice Status); 5ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +7 [Unarmed +15]
Ranged Attack +2
Heat Vision +7 [Heat Vision +13]
Throwing +5
Special Attack [Super Breath Move Object +8, Area Cone; Groundstrike +11, Area Burst]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +6 [DC16] Parry +8 [DC18]
Toughness +14 (+5 Impervious), Fortitude +14, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Power Loss: Superboy loses his powers and his Str and Sta are reduced to 2 under a red sun, like that of Krypton, and other effects draining or interfering with the energies of the yellow sun can deprive him of his powers
Relationships: Superboy is close to his Young Justice teammates and Dubbilex, who he "grew up with" at Cadmus. He has started to forge relationships with Supergirl and Power Girl, but things between him and Superman remain strained
Responsibility: Superboy feels a strong sense of responsibility to use his powers for the benefit of all and to try and live up to the Superman legacy
Secret Identity: He tries to keep his identity as Conner Kent secret
Temper: He is pretty hot tempered and it gets the best of him sometimes
Vulnerable: Superboy is as vulnerable to magic as anyone else. His Toughness is not Impervious against magical attacks and he loses his 3 ranks of Protection
Vulnerable: Kryptonite...Its radiation saps the Strength and powers of Kryptonians, leaving them impaired, disabled, and eventually debilitated in terms of Strength and power effects. Long-term exposure (usually a matter of minutes, less for a large enough amount) imposes the dying condition and may lead to death
Weakness: His body does not process solar energy as well as a full Kryptonian and repeated use of Extra Effort can leave him disabled and eventually dying as his body begins to feed on itself for energy

Abilities 80 + Skills 12 (24 ranks) + Advantages 5 + Powers 45 + Defenses 13 = 155 / 155

Comments: This take on Conner is based on his Young Justice incarnation, which rocks. He's still a product of Cadmus, but his full Kryptonian powers have not developed yet so he's pretty much just a brick with a temper and potential. His YJ version is not as strong as I have built here, but I wanted him to be able to have with Invincible and CM3 in a brawl so he gets a 15 strength to match them.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:54 pm

We're finishing up THE KIDS ARE ALRIGHT special with another new version of a previous item. This, and the previous item are also part of our long running PARAGONS R US line!

’I’m Invincible ! Ugh. I’ve got to stop using that line right before I get the snot beaten out of me... - Invincible

INVINCIBLE
PL: 13 (210 pts) - OPL: 13 ; DPL: 13

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 17, STAMINA 14, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 7, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Athletics (+17), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+9), Deception 5 (+7) [Taunt], Expertise [Popular Culture] 3 (+4), Insight 5 (+7), Intimidation (+2), Perception 3 (+5), Persuasion 6 (+8), Ranged Combat [Throwing] 4 (+6), Stealth (+2), Technology 2 (+3)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Diehard, Equipment (1), Extraordinary Effort, Interpose, Last Stand*, Luck (Recover) (1), Power Attack, Taunt

POWERS:
Viltrumite Physiology: Feature 1 (Longevity); 1 pt
Invincibility: Immunity 10 (All Environmental Conditions, Poisons, Suffocation [Need to breathe, Flaw: Limited to ability to hold breath], Starvation/Thirst [Flaw: Limited to approximately 2 weeks], Disease [Flaw: Limited to terrestrial diseases]), Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds, Extra: Persistent), Protection 2, Impervious 8; 30 pts
Super Strength: Enhanced Strength 5 (100,000 Tons, Flaw: Limited to Lifting); 5 pts
Flight and Super-Speed: 35 pt Dynamic Array; 37 pts
Flying: Flight 15 (64,000 mph/125 mpr), Movement 2 (Space Travel 2 [Other star systems]), (Extra: Dynamic); 35 pts
Super-Speed: Speed 15 (64,000 mph/125 mpr), Quickness 8 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(5 pts)
Flash Goggles: Feature 1 (+5 Visual Dazzle Resistance); 1 pt

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +7
Unarmed +9 [Unarmed +17]
Ranged Attack +2
Throwing +6

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +16 (+8 Impervious), Fortitude +15, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Angstrom Levy, Powerplex, Elephant, Doc Seismic and many others.
Relationships: His girlfriend, Atom Eve, his mother Deborah Grayson, his brother Oliver Grayson (Kid Omni-Man), his father Omni-Man.
Responsibility: To protect the world and try to live down the betrayal of his father, Omni-Man.
Secret Identity: He tries to keep his identity as Mark Grayson secret.
Temper: He sometimes struggles mightily to control his Viltrumite temper.

Abilities 94 + Skills 15 (30 ranks) + Advantages 9 + Powers 73 + Defenses 19 = 210 / 210

Build Comments: Mark gets a bump to a PL12 version to match up with his more recent portrayals. It also puts him on par with my Conner update, and I see them as analogues of each other, even though Mark has gotten far greater development and push. He was really becoming the main hero of the Image-verse until they started having issues and he’s been hanging with fully developed Viltrumites who are pretty much Superman level, if not higher.

I am going to hit some other Invincible-verse characters shortly, especially his dad, Omni-Man, some of the Guardians of the Globe and my favorite character in that series, Battle Beast. Now HE would be a great fight for Wonder Woman.

Secret Origins: Mark Sebastian Grayson is the son of Omni-Man and Deborah Grayson. When he was seven years old, Nolan ( Omni-man) told him that he was an alien from a different planet and also the hero of Earth. Nolan told Mark that his people, the Viltrumites, were a race of peaceful explorers and that he had come to Earth to help mankind. He also told his son that one day he would develop super powers. Every single day of Mark's life he waited for his powers to develop, but he never got them. That was until the last year of high school. When Mark was working at his part time job, he hurled a trash bag into the air it was at least a hundred miles away speaking " it's about time".

The Story so Far: Mark has had countless adventures since he began his career, from fighting his father when he turned on humanity, joining the Teen Team, Teen Titans, Guardians of the Globe and Avengers at points, dealing with alien invasions and developing a massive rogue’s gallery of villains both infinitely powerful and pathetic on the other end.

Characterization: Mark is a normal, friendly young man. He became a superhero out of an instinctive drive to use his powers to do good works. He does enjoy the life of a superhero and will occasionally crack jokes during fights, but does not let his enthusiasm lead him into reckless action. Mark’s willingness to assess a situation and attempt negotiation has sometimes helped him avoid getting into pointless fights.

While Invincible is sometimes slightly overconfident in his abilities, he is not at all deterred when he does find himself facing an opponent powerful enough to hurt him. Over time, his universal view has gotten more jaded, but it has only encouraged him to try and fight not only harder, but smarter, in figuring out how to make Earth, and beyond, a better place.

Friends and Foes: Mark remains close to his mother, Deborah, and his half-brother Oliver, known as Kid Omni-Man. He and his father, Omni-Man (Nolan), have long reconciled and have worked and fought together many times. He is dating to his long time love Atom Eve.

He has many friends in the superhero community and remains on good terms with world security chief Cecil Stedman. He has also “franchised” the Invincible name, allowing the former Bulletproof to take on the name during a period that he had lost his powers and still allows him to function as Invincible for the Guardians of the Globe.

He has many enemies, including the dimension hopping genius Angstrom Levy, the former king of the Viltrumite empire Thragg, and countless others like Doc Seismic, Elephant, Kursk, Titan, Magmaniac and Furnace.

Clean Up 4/22/12: Mark gets a review to match up with my last Omni-Man changes.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:58 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: #224 OV, #219 T

Post by Horsenhero » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:31 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:From one former "Asgardian" to a current one, we keep THE KIDS ARE ALRIGHT Special rolling along!

She's making me think about the wrong kind of Hammer Time...

THOR GIRL PC

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 10, STAMINA 9, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 7, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Athletics (+10), Deception (+2), Expertise [Magic] 7 (+8), Insight 3 (+5), Intimidation 5 (+7), Perception 3 (+5), Persuasion (+2), Ranged Combat [Hammer] 6 (+8), Stealth (+2)

ADVANTAGES:
All-Out Attack, Attractive (1), Close Attack (1), Defensive Roll (1), Equipment (1), Interpose, Languages (1)

ENHANCED ADVANTAGES: Asgardian Physiology - Diehard, Great Endurance

ENHANCED ADVANTAGES: Hammer - Improved Smash, Weapon Break

POWERS:
Asgardian Physiology: Immunity 5 (Aging, Disease, Poison, Heat, Cold), Senses 2 (Normal Vision [Extended], Normal Hearing [Extended], Enhanced Advantages 2 (see Advantages), Feature 1 (Increased Mass); 10 pts
Asgardian Strength: Enhanced Strength 1 (50 Tons; Flaw: Limited to Lifting); 1 pts
Asgardian Armor: 13 pts traits, Removable (-3 pts); 10 pts
Asgardian Plate: Protection 3, Impervious Toughness 5 (10 ranks); 13 pts
Tarene Hammer: 46 pts traits, Easily Removable (-18 pts); 28 pts
Indestructible: Feature 1 (Indestructible); 1 pts
Magic Detection: Senses 2 (Detect Magic [Mental, Ranged]); 2 pts
Life Support: Immunity 5 (Suffocation, Vacuum, High Pressure); 5 pts
Weather Control: Environment 7 (1800 ft radius; Impede Movement, Visibility); 14 pts
Hammer Time! Array, 20 pt array; 24 pts
Lightning Blast: Electrical Ranged Damage 10; 20 pts
Hammer Throw: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Ranged Damage 2 (Extra: Affects Insubstantial); 1 pt
Hammer Strike Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 2, Enhanced Advantages 2 (see Advantages), (Extra: Affects Insubstantial); 1 pt
Wind Riding: Flight 9 (1000 mph), Movement 1 (Space Travel); 1 pt
Dimensional Movement: Movement 2 (Dimensional [Midgard/Asgard/Hell]; Extra: Portal 2); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(5ep)

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +8 [Unarmed +10; Hammer Strike +12]
Ranged Attack +2
Hammer +8 [Thrown Hammer +12; Lightning Blast +10]

DEFENSES:
Toughness +13, Fortitude +11, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Not from this Earth: She was originally an alien with power that rivaled Odin's but has been changed into this Asgardian form. As such, she sometimes struggles with her new role and life on Earth
Relationships: She sees Thor as a big brother
Responsibility: Protection of Asgard

Abilities 70 + Skills 12 (24 ranks) + Advantages 15 + Powers 41 + Defenses 12 = 150 / 150

Comments: I think Thor Girl would be a perfect addition to the Young Avengers so she is in my setting and I think the Marvel writers will eventually get that as well. She hasn't been seen since Ragnarök, the crazed Thor clone, beat her down in Avengers: Initiative, so she could use something to do and I think joining up with the other young heroes patterned after core Avengers is a natural progression. Not to mention the fact that they could use another female character to balance the team.
This makes you think of tacky shades and parachute pants? Strange...those things never cross my mind looking at that pic. :wink:

Woodclaw
Luminary
Luminary

Re: #223 OV, #218 T

Post by Woodclaw » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:39 am

Thorpacolypse wrote:We're showing that THE KIDS ARE ALRIGHT here at J-Mart! Check out this new item for Aisle 2!

If only he could follow in his mother's footsteps and say something like "No more Pyms"...
I'm still hoping for "No More Quesada", but that's just me.
"Yes, it's a bloody flying alligator setting fire to my city!"

Sam Vimes (Guards! Guards!)

From a dark corner of my mind (my build's thread)
From another dark corner of my mind (my Deviantart page)

Sidious
Superhero
Superhero

Post by Sidious » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:18 am

Woodclaw wrote:
Thorpacolypse wrote: If only he could follow in his mother's footsteps and say something like "No more Pyms"...
I think that's the hope of every comic fan at this point.
Live fast. Love hard. Die with your mask on.

cassius335
Champion
Champion

Post by cassius335 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:21 am

Woodclaw wrote:
Thorpacolypse wrote:If only he could follow in his mother's footsteps and say something like "No more Pyms"...
"Wasn't Spider-Man married?" Bonus points if he manages to get May (Spider-Girl) into 616...