J-Mart: Preparing for Relocation... :)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Wyld0007
Henchman
Henchman

Re: J-Mart 3E: Invincible, A-Bomb, Daredevil

Post by Wyld0007 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:05 am

Thorpacolypse wrote:
cassius335 wrote:Why is Micheal Myers on the Justice League? :P
LOL. I'm really not for sure who he was supposed to be. He does look like Michael Myers with a pistol, no doubt! :mrgreen:
i'm pretty sure he was an obscure DC character called "Wild Dog".

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Wild_Dog

not bad costume.

and keep up the great work here at the J-Mart. loyal customer speaking here :P

obviousily with your new Image stash, we should expect some new Image builds. any chance you might give us a hint at what to expect?

take care,

:oops: EDIT: didn't see Horsenhero beat me to the Wild Dog identification :shock:

scc
Zealot
Zealot

Re: J-Mart 3E: Daredevil, Nightcrawler, Beast

Post by scc » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:26 am

Cool that you got to go to a convention. I need to go to one one of these days. Looks like fun.

BARON
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by BARON » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:31 pm

Just like all the retcon "let's make Xavier a manipulative sicko because we don't like the Silver Age" crap Marvel's been pulling.
and what's funny is like, the whole "heroic age" just screams "we're out of ideas. let's get back to basics." which... i actually am all for. MARVEL should be proud of its past. meanwhile, the x-men remains an adolescent looney bin where nothing makes sense.

Woodclaw
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Woodclaw » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:49 am

BARON wrote:
Just like all the retcon "let's make Xavier a manipulative sicko because we don't like the Silver Age" crap Marvel's been pulling.
and what's funny is like, the whole "heroic age" just screams "we're out of ideas. let's get back to basics." which... i actually am all for. MARVEL should be proud of its past. meanwhile, the x-men remains an adolescent looney bin where nothing makes sense.
My personal opinion is that the X-Men aen't ppart of the MU any longer, they were always the odd fitting piece of the mosaic, but now they seem to exist in a separate continuity.
"Yes, it's a bloody flying alligator setting fire to my city!"

Sam Vimes (Guards! Guards!)

From a dark corner of my mind (my build's thread)
From another dark corner of my mind (my Deviantart page)

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Post by Thorpacolypse » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:10 pm

BARON wrote:
My feelings about Marvel are up and down. By and large, I like their writing better, but I agree with all the comments on the X-Men as of late. I am a diehard mutant fan, and I bailed on Uncanny last year with no regrets. But I like the Heroic Age, it does seem like they are getting back to basics, which is a smart move. But as I stated before, they need nail Fear Itself or they'll be hurtin'. Geoff Johns has done a great job with the overall DC setting, and with James Robinson, Gail Simone, Phil Hester and others doing some great work lately and with Grant Morrison being...well, Grant Morrison (I was dying during the panels at the comicon I was at where all of them were calling him a genius, but admitting that he is batsh*t crazy... :D ) DC has grown on me the past couple of years.
Wyld0007 wrote:
Thorpacolypse wrote:
cassius335 wrote:Why is Micheal Myers on the Justice League? :P
LOL. I'm really not for sure who he was supposed to be. He does look like Michael Myers with a pistol, no doubt! :mrgreen:
i'm pretty sure he was an obscure DC character called "Wild Dog".

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Wild_Dog

not bad costume.

and keep up the great work here at the J-Mart. loyal customer speaking here :P

obviousily with your new Image stash, we should expect some new Image builds. any chance you might give us a hint at what to expect?

take care,

:oops: EDIT: didn't see Horsenhero beat me to the Wild Dog identification :shock:
I can drop more than hints. I hit the 25 and 50 cent bins and found TONS of Image and Wildstorm stuff. So expect Deathblow, Superpatriot, Cyberforce and stuff from the Invincible-verse in the near future. I also got The Order trade cheap, so I'm sure they'll be coming, too. And I got the first trade of the latest Moon Knight series, and other stuff, which escapes me right now. I'll have to dig out the bag, which I have been smart enough to keep hidden from Mrs. Thorpacolypse so she can't tell how much I spent. :wink:

And YES, scc, you HAVE TO GO TO ONE! They are a blast, if nothing else, from a pure people watching standpoint.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Post by Thorpacolypse » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:15 pm

We're adding our Noble Causes Line with this new item for our Image Comics Aisle!

No, Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man...

RUSTY NOBLE
PL: 11 (141 pts) - OPL: 11 ; DPL: 11

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 12, STAMINA NA, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 3 (+5), Athletics 4 (+16), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+10), Deception (+1), Insight (+1), Intimidation 7 (+8), Perception 4 (+5), Persuasion (+1), Stealth (+2), Technology 3 (+3), Vehicles 7 (+9)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Benefit (1), Defensive Roll (2), Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Power Attack, Ranged Attack (3), Startle, Takedown (1), Teamwork

POWERS:
Robot Body: Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects), Protection 12, Impervious 6; 54 pts
Leg Hydraulics: Leaping 3 (60 ft), Speed 2 (8 mph); 5 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +8
Unarmed +10 [Unarmed +12]
Ranged Attack +5

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 [DC18] Parry +8 [DC18]
Toughness +14 (+6 Impervious), Fortitude NA, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Daddy Issues: The Noble children have resentment for their dad, Doc Noble, for not being there for them because of all his time in lab and their public superheroic lifestyle
Disability: In his robot body, he cannot taste, smell or feel and he has issues with that
Enemy: Draconis, The Blackthornes
Fame: The Nobles are the world's most famous heroes, thanks to his wife Gaia and are always in the public spotlight
Mommy Issues: The Noble children have resentment towards their mother, Gaia, for forcing them into the public eye all their lives whether they wanted to be in it or not
Relationships: He is close to his brother Race and sister Zephyr. Despite their issues, he does love his wife Celeste
Rivalry: Frost
Temper: He has quite a temper and it has only gotten worse since he got his robot body
Vulnerable: His metal body is vulnerable to magnetic effects

Abilities 42 + Skills 15 (30 ranks) + Advantages 13 + Powers 59 + Defenses 12 = 141 / 141

Comments: Rusty is one of the more sympathetic characters in Noble Causes. The first born of the Noble Clan, he was a super strong, golden boy type of hero until he was nearly killed by a robotic assassin and Doc had to transfer his brain into a robot body or lose him forever. Rusty has had a hard time adjusting and compounding that was finding out his wife was having an affair and other big blow to the family just about set him over the edge.

As a build, he’s pretty standard robotic powerhouse. He’s an experienced fighter and even though some characters said he was stronger in his real body, he still took out 3 other heroes in a brawl so I thought PL11 was about right.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Check out this ICE, ICE BABY SPECIAL on Aisle 6!

When he's gives you the cold shoulder, he REALLY gives you the cold shoulder.

FROST
PL: 10 (153 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 2 (+6), Athletics 5 (+8), Deception 5 (+7), Insight (+1), Intimidation 7 (+9), Investigation 3 (+4), Perception 4 (+5), Persuasion (+2Sleight of Hand 3 (+7), Stealth 5 (+9), Technology , Treatment , Vehicles , Variable

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Beginner's Luck, Equipment (3), Improved Initiative (1), Power Attack, Ranged Attack (4), Startle, Takedown (1), Tough* (2)

POWERS:
Frozen Physique: Movement 2 (Sure Footed, Trackless, Flaw: Limited [Ice/Snow conditions only], Immunity 10 (Cold effects); 12 pts
Cryokinesis: 24 pt Array; 30 pts
Ice Blast: Ice Ranged Damage 12; 24 pts
Ice Snare: Ranged Affliction 8 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Damage/Strength; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized, Extra: Cumulative, Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited [to two degrees]); 1 pt
Ice Objects: Create 8 (Iceworks; Extra: Continuous, Innate, Flaw: Quirk [Objects melt over time in appropriate conditions]); 1 pt
Ice Storms: Environment 5 (500 ft; Cold 2 [Extreme Cold], Impede Movement 2 [-2 ranks movement], Visibility 2 [-5 to Perception], Extra: Selective); 1 pt
Ice Barrage: Ranged Damage 8 (Extra: Multiattack); 1 pt
Sheet of Ice: Line Area Ranged Affliction 10 (Resisted by Dodge; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Prone, Flaw: Instant Recovery [the Dazed and Prone conditions only last for a round], Limited [to two degrees]); 1 pt
Ice Armor: Protection 4 (Flaw: Sustained), Impervious 4 (Flaw: Sustained), Bludgeoning Strength-based Damage 3; 1 pt
Ice Weapons: Strength-Based Damage 3 (Extra: Variable Descriptor [Bludgeoning, Piercing/Slashing]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(15ep)
Headquarters: (13ep)
North Pole Castle: Size - Huge, Tough - 10, Features (Defense Systems, Garage, Grounds, Hangar, Holding Cells, Isolated, Living Space, Power System, Secret); 13ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8
Close Attack +10 [Unarmed +3; Ice Weapons +7]
Ranged Attack +8 [Ice Blast +12; Ice Objects Create +8; Ice Barrage +8, Multiattack]
Special Attack [Sheet of Ice Affliction +10, Area Line]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +6 (+10 with Ice Armor), Fortitude +9, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Daddy Issues: For the longest time, his mother Gaia refused to tell him who his father once. Once she did and he found him, it didn't really work out…
Mommy Issues: Frost was raised by his Aunt Clarion away from the rest of the Noble Clan and only saw his mother occasionally so he has a lot of resentment towards her for that
Motivation: Proving to the rest of his family that he as good as any of them
Power Loss: Frost needs moisture for his cryokinesis to work
Relationships: He does love his mother, he has been in an affair with Celeste for a year and he does have a desire to connect the rest of the Nobles, even if it doesn't look like it will ever happen
Reputation: Most people don't even know he exists and he likes it that way so he can operate as an urban legend
Rivalry: Rusty Noble
Temper: He has quite the temper at times

Abilities 58 + Skills 17 (34 ranks) + Advantages 15 + Powers 44 + Defenses 19 = 153 / 153

Comments: Frost has become my favorite character in Noble Causes, and apparently that’s the general feeling among fans of the book based on my research. He’s Gaia’s son from an affair (I’m not saying who is dad is yet, it’s a fun reveal) and as such, Doc Noble wants nothing to do with him and they kept him hidden away from the rest of the family for a long time. So while Rusty, Race and Zephyr were being raised in splendor as America's Super Kids, he was was living in a small apartment with a family friend. Gaia visited him regularly when she wasn’t out saving the world or doing press junkets but he longed for her love and the recognition that Rusty, Race and Zephyr received. Eventually, though, the defense mechanisms went up and he became your general aloof bad boy with attitude, and he even uses his hidden status to his advantage, being thought of as urban legend which allowed him to do some wetworks stuff for the government and other interests. Despite all that, deep down, he’s a good guy, he just has a lot of issues.

Despite the varying degrees of scorn he’s been treated with by the rest of the Noble clan, he’s saved their bacon on more than one occasion and even though he’s been having an affair with Celeste, he still seems to really want to be part of the family. I think...It’s a messed up deal, which probably why I love the book so much..
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: J-Mart 3E: Beast, Deadpool x2

Post by Arthur Eld » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:25 pm

Deadpool's a tricky character to nail PL-wise, which is one of many reasons I've always approved of your multiple iterations of characters, Thorp. I mean, the guy shows up in one issue (back when he was funny, but more serious) and whups on Wolverine and Weapon-X, and then he fights Moon Knight and gets hacked up big time (although it was off-screen).

The same thing happens to Wolverine too, though, because mostly as a character with regen, the writers can always be have destructive things happen to them that they can't do to other characters. Hence Deadpool's multiple decapitations, or the fact that Wolverine has been shot in the junk twice, that I know of.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:28 pm

A new item in our X-Verse line hits the Aisle 2 shelves.

Like we needed ANOTHER blue X-Man...

ANGEL
PL: 10 (150 pp) - OPL: 8 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 4, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Acrobatics 6 (+11/+13) [Agile Feint], Athletics 4 (+8), Close Combat [Unarmed] (+10/+12), Deception 3 (+7/+9) [Attractive], Expertise [Business] 8 (+10), Insight 7 (+10), Intimidation (+4), Perception 7 (+10), Persuasion 4 (+8/+10) [Attractive, Connected], Stealth 5 (+10), Technology 2 (+4), Vehicles 2 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Attractive (1), Benefit (4) (Wealth 4 [Multi-Millionaire]), Close Attack (2), Connected, Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (1), Fast Grab, Favored Environment (Airborne), Great Endurance, Improved Initiative (1), Ranged Attack (2), Set-Up (1), Teamwork

ENHANCED ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, Defensive Attack, Improved Defense, Move-by Action, Redirect, Takedown (2), Uncanny Dodge

POWERS:
Aerial Mastery: Enhanced Dodge 3 (Flaw: Limited [only when flying]), Enhanced Parry 3 (Flaw: Limited [only when flying]), Enhanced Skills 2 (Close Combat: Unarmed 2, Acrobatics 2), Enhanced Advantages 8 (Flaw: Limited [only when flying]); 8 pts
Angel Wings: Flight 5 (60 mph; Flaw: Winged), Feature 1 (Retractable Wings); 6 pts
Angel Physiology: Senses 1 (Normal Vision [Extended]), Immunity 1 (High Pressure), Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation [High Altitude]), Regeneration 2; 6 pts
Angelic Healing: Healing 5 (Extra: Restorative, Flaw: Limited [others only], Limited [same blood type]); 5 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(5ep)
X-Men Costume: Protection 1, Commlink; 2ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +9
Close Attack +10 [Unarmed +4]
Flying Unarmed +10 [Unarmed +4]
Ranged Attack +5

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 (+13 when Flying) [DC20/23] Parry +10 (+13 when Flying) [DC20/23]; Toughness +7, Fortitude +7, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Involuntary Transform: Having his wings removed, or being put under extreme stress will make him change into his Archangel persona
Power Loss: In addition to losing his flying abilities, if his wings are removed, he also loses his Regeneration and Healing powers
Prejudice: Mutant
Relationships: He is close to his "First Class" mates and other X-Men and he is usually involved with some woman (lately Husk)
Responsibility: He is very involved with, and responsible for his father's company, Worthington Enterprises

Abilities 66 + Skills 24 (48 ranks) + Advantages 28 + Powers 16 + Defenses 16 = 150 / 150

Comments: The opposite of what I had to do with Psylocke and others, in Warren’s case, I had to stretch a few things to get him UP to 150 pts. Had I gone with a classic Angel, he could easily have been done at PL9/135 pts but I wanted him to be the same as the bulk of the main X-Men.

I gave him a bunch of things he can only use when flying, which didn’t cost much, but I think really ties into his Favored Environment to make him really, really effective when flying and not much otherwise.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:32 pm

Another item in our X-Verse line is getting stocked on Aisle 2.

Please come on back, Sean...the X-Verse needs some common sense...

BANSHEE PC
PL: 11 (165 pts) - OPL: 11 ; DPL: 11

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 5 (+7), Athletics 4 (+6), Close Combat [Unarmed] 4 (+10), Deception (+1), Expertise [Civics] 3 (+5), Expertise [Military] 3 (+5), Insight 4 (+7), Intimidation (+1), Investigation 6 (+8) Contacts, Perception 4 (+7), Persuasion 4 (+5), Ranged Combat [Firearms] 4 (+10), Sleight of Hand (+4), Stealth 6 (+8), Technology (+2), Treatment (+2), Vehicles 3 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Beginner's Luck, Benefit (1), Contacts, Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (1), Favored Environment (Airborne), Improved Initiative (1), Jack-of-all-Trades, Languages (1) (English, Base: Gaelic), Leadership, Ranged Attack (2), Teamwork

POWERS:
Wind Riding: Flight 7 (250 mph; Flaw: Distracting); 7 pts
Costume: 8 pts traits, Removable (-2 pts); 6 pts
Flight Stabilizing Wings: Removes Distracting Flaw from Flight; 7 pts
Kevlar Weave: Protection 1; 1 pts

Mutant Physique: Immunity 5 (Sonic Effects), Senses 3 (Hearing [Accurate, Extended]); 8 pts
Banshee Cry: Array, 33 pt array; 38 pts
Deafening Sound Burst: Burst Area Affliction 11 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Hearing Impaired, 2nd: Hearing Disabled, 3rd: Hearing Debilitated, Extra: Area Burst, Duration [Concentration]); 33 pts
Deafening Cry: Cone Area Affliction 11 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Hearing Impaired, 2nd: Hearing Disabled, 3rd: Hearing Debilitated, Extra: Area Cone, Duration [Concentration]); 1 pt
Damaging Sound Burst: Burst Area Sonic Damage 11 (Extra: Area Burst, Duration [Concentration]); 1 pt
Damaging Cry: Cone Area Sonic Damage 11 (Extra: Area Cone, Duration [Concentration]); 1 pt
Shattering Cry: Cone Area Weaken Toughness (Extra: Area Cone, Duration [Concentration]); 1 pt
Sound Force: Cone Area Move Object 11 (Extra: Area Cone, Concentration, Flaw: Distracting); 1 pt
Wall of Sound: Protection 6 (Extra: Affects Others, Impervious 6 (11 ranks), Flaw: Duration [Sustained]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(5ep)
X-Men Costume: Commlink (Feature 1, Miniscule); 1ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +6
Unarmed +10 [Unarmed +2]
Ranged Attack +6
Firearms +10
Special Ranged Attacks [Deafening Cry Affliction +11, Area Cone or Area Burst; Damaging Cry +11, Area Cone or Area Burst; Sound Force Move Object +11, Area Cone]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +9 [DC19]
Toughness +6 (+12 with Wall of Sound, +6 Impervious with Wall of Sound), Fortitude +6, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Black Tom Cassidy
Power Loss: Overuse of his Banshee Cry can cause him to lose it, and it can also be lost by having his throat damaged
Prejudice: Mutant
Relationships: His daughter, Siryn, Moira McTaggart, his "All-New X-Men" teammates
Temper: His fierce Irish temper gets the better of him at times

Abilities 46 + Skills 25 (50 ranks) + Advantages 14 + Powers 60 + Defenses 20 = 165 / 165

Comments: Good old Sean Cassidy. I liked Banshee from the first time I read him, which was during X-Men 101, one of my first comics with the iconic image of Jean Grey bursting out of the water as Phoenix. As I referenced in another build, while Jean was recuperating, Nightcrawler, Storm, Colossus and Sean went to Cassidy Keep to relax and ended up rumbling with his brother, Black Tom Cassidy and Juggernaut. Fun stuff.

Sean was great, since Black Tom is immune to his powers, they had to scrap and Sean outdueled him, which rocked. As time went on, I got to like him with his Banshee Cry and such. I do wish they would bring him back, but I’m glad his death lasted a while for once. And no, Necrosha does NOT count...

And with Sean, I should the first class and the All New X-Men done now. Except for Professor X, but he doesn't count. :wink: More X-Verse coming over the next couple of months. I have Sinister and others in process, but I'd like to focus on some testing for a while, so expect the builds to slow down shortly.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:44 pm

Arthur Eld wrote:Deadpool's a tricky character to nail PL-wise, which is one of many reasons I've always approved of your multiple iterations of characters, Thorp. I mean, the guy shows up in one issue (back when he was funny, but more serious) and whups on Wolverine and Weapon-X, and then he fights Moon Knight and gets hacked up big time (although it was off-screen).

The same thing happens to Wolverine too, though, because mostly as a character with regen, the writers can always be have destructive things happen to them that they can't do to other characters. Hence Deadpool's multiple decapitations, or the fact that Wolverine has been shot in the junk twice, that I know of.
Ain't that the truth. At first i thought Taliesin's PL13 Deadpool was way too high, then I remembered where he took out an entire team of X-Men on his own, including Cyclops, Wolverine and Colossus. Then, of course, he turned around and taken out by Domino, of all people.

Comic writers have NO empathy for us stat geeks! :D
Shop J-Mart!

ClassDunce
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by ClassDunce » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:50 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:Then, of course, he turned around and taken out by Domino, of all people.
Deadpool never had any luck.

*Insert drum snare here*
"When they ask how I died, tell them: still angry." - Quellcrist Falconer

Kara
Groupie
Groupie

Post by Kara » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:15 am

Thorpacolypse wrote:At first i thought Taliesin's PL13 Deadpool was way too high, then I remembered where he took out an entire team of X-Men on his own, including Cyclops, Wolverine and Colossus. Then, of course, he turned around and taken out by Domino, of all people.

That sounds to me like he was good enough to take out a number of them by himself as is, but because there were so many, he was relying on heavy hero points usage and had just run in time for Domino to strike the final knockout blow. It had little to do with her skill and more to do with him being one light blow away from the sleepy-time.

luketheduke86
Hero
Hero

Re: J-Mart 3E: Beast, Deadpool x2, Angel, Banshee

Post by luketheduke86 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:31 pm

Banshee looks mean, area effects and concentration duration (Ha I rhymed) is a nasty combo :shock:.

Since you built Angel any chance of seeing his Archangel form too?
A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day.

Hellstormer1
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post by Hellstormer1 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:42 pm

Kara wrote:
Thorpacolypse wrote:At first i thought Taliesin's PL13 Deadpool was way too high, then I remembered where he took out an entire team of X-Men on his own, including Cyclops, Wolverine and Colossus. Then, of course, he turned around and taken out by Domino, of all people.

That sounds to me like he was good enough to take out a number of them by himself as is, but because there were so many, he was relying on heavy hero points usage and had just run in time for Domino to strike the final knockout blow. It had little to do with her skill and more to do with him being one light blow away from the sleepy-time.
Actually, there are a few more reasons for how/why that could of happened. First up, Domino's luck powers; things just happen in her favor, and while she has physique and training no different than a regular human, her luck power has seen her through the toughest situations. Second, Deadpool has a huge crush on Domino, if he saw her he might have let her win. Next reason is his insanity; if these fights happened during his later periods of being completely nuts and not serious, then his combat skills could go up and down all the time. Hell, you could put an Uncontrollable Flaw on his Offense/Defense traits, or just make it part on his Insanity Complication; any time the GM makes him auto-fail, he gets a hero point?
"Variety is the spice of life" -Traditional phrase on life and living
"HE WHO CONTROLS THE SPICE, CONTROLS THE UNIVERSE!" -Paul from Dune
"Big things have small beginnings" -David from Prometheus
http://www.RPGGamer.org