J-Mart: Preparing for Relocation... :)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Re: J-Mart 3E: Beast, Deadpool x2, Angel, Banshee

Post by Thorpacolypse » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:37 pm

If memory serves, he didn't "let" her beat him, but I can't recall the ending. He also took out Taskmaster with one hand tied behind his back to show off for some potential employers and Taskmaster had to admit that he didn't hold back either, Wade is just that good.

Regardless, he rocks, and like Hellstormer said, his mental issues make him a prime candidate for Uncontrolled combat prowess. I may make some changes to that effect if I get the gumption.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Hellstormer1
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post by Hellstormer1 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:09 am

Even if you don't, your builds are totally awesome as they are! I've been looking through your stuff again, and it's VERY inspirational! I had thought about doing A-Bomb with my recent Hulk kick, but you beat me to it, and it's a great job, too.
"Variety is the spice of life" -Traditional phrase on life and living
"HE WHO CONTROLS THE SPICE, CONTROLS THE UNIVERSE!" -Paul from Dune
"Big things have small beginnings" -David from Prometheus
http://www.RPGGamer.org

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Post by Thorpacolypse » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:21 pm

We have a new item getting ready to hit our Image Aisle shelves!

I know he doesn't look like he's from the Iron Age, but really, he is.

DEATHBLOW PC
PL: 10 (150 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 5, STAMINA 5, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Athletics 5 (+10), Deception 3 (+5), Expertise [Military] 9 (+10), Insight 5 (+8) [Assessment], Intimidation 8 (+10), Investigation 6 (+7), Perception 6 (+9), Persuasion (+2), Ranged Combat [Firearms] 4 (+13), Stealth 9 (+11), Vehicles 3 (+6)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Assessment, Close Attack (3), Defensive Roll (3), Equipment (5), Fearless, Improved Critical (1) (Firearms), Improved Initiative (1), Interpose, Languages (1) (Pick it, Base: English), Power Attack, Ranged Attack (6), Startle, Takedown (1), Tracking, Ultimate Effort (1) (Ultimate Toughness Check)

ENHANCED ADVANTAGES: Diehard

POWERS:
Healing Factor: Protection 2, Enhanced Advantages 1 (see Advantages), Regeneration 5 (1/every other round, Extra: Persistent); 12 pts
Regenerating from a scrap of DNA: Immortality 1 (1 month); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(25ep)
Commlink: Feature 1, Miniscule; 1ep
Arsenal: (24ep)
7.62mm (M60) Machine Gun: Ballistic Ranged Damage 6, Extra: Multiattack; 150 ft range, Large; 18ep
Assault Rifle: Ballistic Ranged Damage 5, Extra: Multi-Attack; 125 ft range, Large; 1ep
Sniper Rifle: Ballistic Ranged Damage 5, Critical 19-20; 125 ft range, Large; 1ep
Fragmentation Grenades: Ballistic Damage 5, Extra: Ranged Area Burst, Range 25 ft; 1ep
Heavy Pistol: Ballistic Ranged Damage 4; 100 ft range, Small; 1ep
Knives: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Critical 19-20, Extra: Split, Small; 1ep
Heavy Machine Pistol: Ballistic Ranged Damage 4, Extra: Multiattack; 100 ft range, Medium; 1ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +13 [Unarmed +5; Knives +6, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +9 [Frag Grenades +5, Area Burst]
Firearms +13 [M60 Machine Gun +6, Critical 19-20, Multiattack; Assault Rifle +5, Critical 19-20, Multiattack; Sniper Rifle +5, Critical 18-20; Heavy Pistol +4, Critical 19-20; Heavy Machine Pistol +4, Critical 19-20, Multiattack]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +9 [DC19] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +10 (Ultimate Effort), Fortitude +9, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: The Dark Angel
Guilt: Over the deaths of two innocents in particular, but for a lot of what he did in his special ops time
Honor: He will not kill woman and children, or any innocent
Relationships: The memory of his late wife Gabby, Christopher, Sister Mary
Reputation: A lot of people in, and outside the government, think he is guilty of some of the murders he's been framed for

Abilities 62 + Skills 29 (58 ranks) + Advantages 31 + Powers 12 + Defenses 16 = 150 / 150

Comments: So, while I was at the comic convention I referenced earlier, I hit the 25 and 50 cent boxes and pulled out a bunch of Deathblow and Cyberforce comics. I was intrigued by Deathblow from perusing some World’s End Authority where he was a member, so I thought I would read up on him a bit. Long story short, he’s basically a combination of the Punisher and Wolverine, but not as good as either.

He had the completely original storyline of being a black ops soldier who was betrayed by, and then experimented on by his own government (man, that is SO original, I never heard of that happening, especially in 90's comics and movies... :wink:) giving him his healing factor and setting him on the heroic path to make up for the bad things he did. Much punching, stabbing and shooting ensued on the path to Iron Age righteousness.

He’s a combat machine, but not good enough where I thought he might deserve more than a PL10, and he regenerates quickly but not where I thought more than 5 ranks was appropriate. And when he dies, he doesn’t come back right away so 1 rank seemed fine.

All in all, he’s some good old violent Iron Age stuff and should be all kinds of fun to play. Cyberforce will get some love very soon as well.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:00 pm

Check out this new item in our PARAGONS R US line hitting our newly renovated Aisle 7!

The real power comes from the 'stache...

OMNI-MAN
PL: 14 (230 pts) - OPL: 14 ; DPL: 14

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 18, STAMINA 15, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 11, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Athletics (+18), Deception (+3), Expertise [Journalism] 4 (+7), Expertise [Viltrumite Lore] 9 (+12), Insight (+3), Intimidation 6 (+9), Investigation 2 (+5), Perception 6 (+9), Persuasion (+3), Ranged Combat [Throwing] 5 (+7), Stealth (+2)

ADVANTAGES: Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Diehard, Interpose, Power Attack, Seize Initiative, Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Super Senses: Senses 1 (Normal Vision [Extended], Normal Hearing [Extended]); 2 pts
Viltrumite Physiology: Immunity 1 (Aging); 1 pts
Invulnerability: Immunity 10 (All Environmental Conditions, Poisons, Suffocation [Need to breathe, Flaw: Limited to ability to hold breath], Starvation/Thirst [Flaw: Limited to approximately 2 weeks], Disease [Flaw: Limited to terrestrial diseases]), Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds, Extra: Persistent), Protection 2, Impervious 8; 30 pts
Super Strength: Enhanced Strength 5 (200,000 Tons, Flaw: Limited to Lifting); 5 pts
Flight and Super Speed: 35 pt Dynamic Array; 37 pts
Flight: Flight 15 (64,000 mph/125 mpr), Movement 2 (Space Travel 2 [Other star systems]) (Extra: Dynamic); 35 pts
Super Speed: Speed 15 (64,000 mph/125 mpr), Quickness 8 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +10 [Unarmed +18]
Ranged Attack +2
Throwing +7

DEFENSES:
Dodge +11 [DC21] Parry +11 [DC21]
Toughness +17 (+8 Impervious), Fortitude +16, Will +12

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: The Viltrumite Empire who seems him as a traitor.
Fame: Omni-Man was the Thorpacoverse's 2nd greatest hero, next to Superman until his fall from grace but he remains a well-known figure.
Power Loss: If his powers are somehow drained/lost, his stats also drop to STR 3, STA 3, FGT 5.
Relationships: His wife, Debbie Grayson, his sons, Mark and Oliver Grayson.
Secret Identity: He maintains his secret identity of Nolan Grayson, novelist.
Temper: Despite his calm, super heroic demeanor, he does have a bit of a temper. OK, make that a HELLUVA temper…Viltrumites are known for their towering battle rages.

Abilities 112 + Skills 16 (32 ranks) + Advantages 7 + Powers 75 + Defenses 20 = 230 / 230

Build Comments: Omni-Man is Invincible’s father and Earth’s greatest hero in that setting. He has a small…fall from grace, we’ll call it, during the early run of the book but he is back to his heroic ways now, helping defend Earth from the remaining Viltrumites who are preparing to take over Earth.

Outside of the vast sensory powers, Viltrumites are every bit the paragons that Kryptonians and Daxamites are. Ergo, I made Omni-Man at Superman’s level since they are both close to the peaks for their races.

Also, to note, I am combining Wildstorm (RIP), Image and Top Cow, since they all crossover all the time anyway, on Aisle 7 and I'll be renaming Aisle 4 to something else shortly.

Secret Origins: The super-being known to the people of Earth as Omni-Man is not actually human, but a member of the alien Viltrumite race. Extremely powerful by human standards, the Viltrumites are a brutal, vicious race. They achieved what they call a utopia by culling the weaker from their own numbers, leaving a race of conquerors bent on bringing new worlds under their control, subjugating weaker civilizations. Races who failed to submit to the Viltrumites were attacked and in some cases wiped from existance.

Nolan had pursued greatness among the Viltrumites, working arduously to earn a position on the conquering committee. He was stationed on the frontier of the expanding empire, helping conquer numerous worlds, as well as undertaking solo missions such as hunting down the "infinity ray" weapon. Excelling at his work, Nolan received accolades for his brutality and efficiency and was soon promoted to lead his own division.

The Story so Far: Omni-Man arrived on Earth over 30 years ago, where he eventually adopted the secret identity of a best-selling author named Nolan Grayson. He married a woman whose life he had saved named Debbie, and the two of them produced a son, Mark Grayson. It was later revealed that Nolan was sent to Earth as a conqueror for the Viltrumite Empire, a revelation that was in stark contrast to his previous claims that his presence was to advance human technology and protect the Earth from extraterrestrial dangers. In a confrontation shortly thereafter, Omni-Man beat Mark to within an inch of his life and then fled the planet.

It was further revealed that Nolan had found a new planet over which to rule, in the hopes offsetting some of the consequences of his earthly failure. Nolan's rise to power, however, was entirely peaceful. The custom of the native inhabitants, the Mantis Aliens (an insectoid people who live entirely within a nine month span) was to simply choose the oldest among them to act as their leader. Also, as on Earth, Nolan had taken yet another native wife, Andressa, and sired a second son. The genetic differences between Viltrumites and the mantis-people were more apparent, though, than they were with humans. This caused the child to age much more slowly than his mother's species, but much faster than his father's.

Omni-Man's attempts to appease the Viltrumite Empire ended in failure with his defeat and capture at the hands of his own people. He was held captive in a prison until the Empire was able to send the required Viltrumite executioners. His parting words to Mark were "Read my books, Mark. My books..." In a conversation with his tailor Art Rosenbaum, Mark learned that the books Nolan referred to were not his well-known travel books, but a series of failed science fiction "novels". While Arthur suspected that the stories were Viltrumite folklore, Mark quickly realized that they were in fact first-person accounts of Nolan's own missions to destroy potential threats to the Viltrumite Empire, which could provide the secrets to defeating the Viltrumites.

He's later saved on the day of his execution by Allen the Alien, to whom he agrees to reveal the "secret": Viltrumites are a near-extinct race, with less than fifty pure-blood able individuals left. Emboldened by the incredible strength shown by his ersatz ally, he begins a two-men campaign to eradicate Viltrum's supremacy.

Omni-Man became one of the leaders of the Coalition Forces against the Viltrumites during the Viltrumite War. Eventually, he helps broker a peace between Earth and the Viltrumites to save the planet and his people. He reunited with Debbie and the two of them moved to a former Guardians of the Globe moonbase since he cannot return to Earth after his betrayal of the original GOG team.

Thragg learned that Nolan should be the true ruler of the Viltrumites as he was a direct descendent of Lord Argall. Eventually Thragg knew that he had to kill and attacked him, revealing Nolan’s true lineage to him. After the other Viltrumites found out, they rallied to Nolan’s side, defeated and captured Thragg. Nolan promised to take the Viltrumite empire in a new, peaceful direction. Seeing that their time on Earth was changing many of the other Viltrumites as it had him, he allowed Thragg’s plan of breeding with humans to continue.

Nolan sentenced Thragg to exile and he left the planet to plot his revenge. Nolan has taken to his role with aplomb, working to undo the damage done by his people over the millennia across the galaxy and working to secure true peace on Earth.

Characterization: Ever since his battle with Mark and his subsequent flight to Mantis-World, Nolan has been rethinking his commitment to Viltrumite ways. He developed a sense of empathy toward others that was alien to most Viltrumites and came to see their conquering ways as a foolish quest that has brought them to the brink of extinction.

Nolan is very forthright, speaking as openly and honestly as he can while remaining polite. Nolan was a very dedicated and understanding father.

Friends and Foes: He did not try to shelter his son but did take the time to provide guidance and assistance as Mark learned to use his powers. Though Nolan originally said he only loved his wife in the sense that one might love a favored pet, he realized that his feelings for her were true and he worked hard to regain her love and trust. He truly loves his sons and has forged friendships with Allen and others in the Coalition of Planets.

As the new leader of his people, he has made many inroads with those who once thought him a traitor but now having experienced Earth as he has, have come around to his way of thinking. However, former Grand Regent Thragg has vowed to end him and return to rule his people someday.

Clean Up 7/26/11: Nolan gets some tweaks after more Invincible reading. I shifted him more to attack as I really don't see the Viltrumites as being quite as strong as the Kryptonians overall, but definitely better fighters.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:04 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:27 pm

Hellstormer1 wrote:Even if you don't, your builds are totally awesome as they are! I've been looking through your stuff again, and it's VERY inspirational! I had thought about doing A-Bomb with my recent Hulk kick, but you beat me to it, and it's a great job, too.
Thanks, Hellstormer1. And make sure you take a run at A-Bomb. I always like seeing the different interpretations of characters. Heck, as it's well known, I do that a lot myself! I've been having fun doing PC type builds, but I'm feeling the urge to be less restricted, so I am probably going to go back and rework some builds I'd done as PCs, and some new builds, into a more DCA-no-point-limit-just-let-'er-rip style.

Some of the PC builds where I feel I am pretty close in representing them at 15 pts per level, I'm not reworking and of course I'm not touching the majority of the DC PC's I've done, but I'm going to hit some of the bigger names I've done as PCs. And I am going to do some tweaking of a handful of DCA official builds that I will use in my setting. Right now, I think that will only be Superman (no super cold breath? For shame Green Ronin...) and Batman (he needs more gadgets), and a couple of others. Nothing major on that end, though, I really like the core builds and I figure in 2014 when we get H&VI and II, I'll dig those, too. :wink:
Shop J-Mart!

luketheduke86
Hero
Hero

Re: J-Mart 3E: Angel, Banshee, Deathblow, Omni-Man

Post by luketheduke86 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:16 pm

Hey Thorp I was just checking out your Hawkeye build and I think you may have accidentally copy and pasted some of Green Arrow's stat block over Clint's :).
A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: J-Mart 3E: Angel, Banshee, Deathblow, Omni-Man

Post by Thorpacolypse » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:55 pm

luketheduke86 wrote:Hey Thorp I was just checking out your Hawkeye build and I think you may have accidentally copy and pasted some of Green Arrow's stat block over Clint's :).
I probably did. I used pretty much the same template since they are pretty much the same character. :wink:

I'll give it a once over. Thanks!
Shop J-Mart!

The Ilethryl Knight
Superhero
Superhero

Re: #235 OV, #230 T

Post by The Ilethryl Knight » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:06 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:So, while I was at the comic convention I referenced earlier, I hit the 25 and 50 cent boxes and pulled out a bunch of Deathblow and Cyberforce comics..
That's funny, I purchased nearly the whole series of Deathblow (and even a few Cyberforce, I think) from the 25 cent boxes at my local comic shop about a year ago. Best thing about Deathblow - great covers!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:53 pm

We've got a couple of BIG BLUE SPECIALS hitting the Aisle 1 shelves this evening.

My favorite Superman of all Superman.

SUPERMAN (KAL-EL) EARTH-22
PL: 16 (327 pts) - OPL: 16 ; DPL: 16

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 20, STAMINA 15, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 4, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Athletics 3 (+23), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+12), Deception (+3), Expertise [Farmer] 6 (+10), Expertise [Journalism] 6 (+10), Insight (+5), Intimidation 4 (+7), Investigation 4 (+8), Perception 8 (+13), Persuasion 7 (+10) [Connected], Ranged Combat [Heat Vision] 7 (+12), Stealth (+2), Technology 3 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Beginner's Luck, Benefit (1) (Status – He’s still Superman), Connected, Eidetic Memory, Equipment (5), Extraordinary Effort, Inspire (1), Interpose, Languages (3) (Kryptonian, Spanish, Hindi, 7 others, Base: English), Leadership, Luck (Edit Scene) (1), Power Attack, Ranged Attack (3), Ultimate Effort (2) (Ultimate Strength Check, Ultimate Toughness Check)

POWERS:
More Powerful Than a Locomotive: Enhanced Strength 5 (800,000 Tons; Flaw: Limited to Lifting); 5 pts
Invulnerability: Protection 5, Impervious Toughness 10, Enhanced Advantages 2 (Diehard, Great Endurance), Feature 1 (Longevity), Immunity 10 (Life Support), Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds; Extra: Persistent, Flaw: Limited [Requires exposure to yellow sunlight]); 39 pts
Super Senses: Senses 21 (Normal Hearing [Acute and Extended 3], Normal Vision [Extended 4], Infravision [Extended], Microscopic Vision 4, Ultra-Hearing [Extended], Vision Penetrates Concealment [Extended, Flaw: Cannot see through lead]); 21 pts
Faster Than a Speeding Bullet: 37 pt Dynamic Array; 39 pts
Able to Leap Tall Buildings: Flight 16 (128,000 mph), Movement 2 (Space Travel 2) (Extra: Dynamic); 37 pts
Super Speed: Speed 16 (128,000 mph), Quickness 8, Enhanced Advantages 5 (Improved Initiative 5), (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts

Powers Far Beyond Those of Mortal Men: 32 pt Array; 34 pts
Heat Vision: Heat Ranged Damage 16; 32 pts
Super-Breath: Cone Area Move Object 10 (Extra: Area Cone [60 ft], Flaw: Range [Close], Limited Direction [towards or away]); 1 pt
Freezing Breath: Cone Area Affliction 10 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Hindered, 2nd: Immobilized, 3rd: Paralyzed; Extra: Area Cone [60 ft], Cumulative); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(25ep)
Fortress of Solitude (on Earth 22): i](25ep)[/i]
Size – Huge, Tough – 20, Features 15 (Communications, Computer, Concealed 3, Defense System, Hanger, Holding Cells, Infirmary, Isolated, Laboratory, Library, Living Space, Power System, Security System); 25ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +10
Unarmed +12 [Unarmed +20]
Ranged Attack +5
Heat Vision +12 [Heat Vision +16]
Special Attack [Super Breath Move Object +10, Area Cone; Freezing Breath Affliction +10, Area Cone]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +20 (+10 Impervious, Ultimate Effort), Fortitude +16, Will +15

COMPLICATIONS:
Guilt: Superman feels great guilt over abandoning his world for so long during his grieving of Lois and attempts to make up for it, sometimes too hard
Power Loss: Superman loses his powers and his Str and Sta are reduced to 3 under a red sun, like that of Krypton, and other effects draining or interfering with the energies of the yellow sun can deprive him of his powers
Relationships: After the deaths of his close friends and family, he has started a relationship with Wonder Woman
Responsibility: Superman feels a strong sense of responsibility to use his powers for the benefit of all
Secret Identity: Clark Kent, mild-mannered reporter for the Daily Planet
Vulnerable: Superman is as vulnerable to magic as anyone else. His Toughness is not Impervious against magical attacks and he loses his ranks of Protection
Weakness: Kryptonite, although it takes far higher amounts and longer exposure to affect him due to his additional years of absorbing yellow sun radiation. If it does affect him, its radiation saps his Strength and powers, leaving him impaired, disabled, and eventually debilitated in terms of Strength and power effects. Long-term exposure (usually a matter of days now, less for a large enough amount) imposes the dying condition and may lead to death

Abilities 122 + Skills 25 (50 ranks) + Advantages 23 + Powers 138 + Defenses 19 = 327 / 327

Comments: My first run at the Superman of Earth-22/Kingdom Come as a PC. He’s not a lot different from my PC Earth Prime Kal-El, except he’s a but tougher and doesn’t have quite the Presence anymore thanks to his self-imposed isolation and his bleaker view after Lois’ and his other friends’ deaths and the rise of Magog and his kind.

But he’s mega-tough, has cosmic level strength and no weakness to Kryptonite anymore, so woe be onto anyone who crosses him. Except Captain Marvel, of course… :wink:

Again, if you haven't read Kingdom Come or the Justice Society arc featuring the displaced Kingdom Come Superman, get on it. Seriously. They ROCK.

Clean Up 5/24/13: Tweaking my Earth-22 Superman as I continue to review my Kryptonians.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Fri May 24, 2013 7:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:56 pm

Another BIG BLUE SPECIAL is getting stocked on Aisle 1!

Indeed it does.

SUPERMAN (KAL-L)
PL: 15 (309 pts) - OPL: 15 ; DPL: 15

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 18, STAMINA 14, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 5

SKILLS: Athletics (+18), Close Combat [Unarmed] 4 (+12), Deception (+5), Expertise [Farmer] 4 (+7), Expertise [Journalism] 6 (+9), Insight 5 (+10) [Assessment], Intimidation (+5), Investigation 5 (+8), Perception 6 (+11), Persuasion 8 (+13) [Connected], Ranged Combat [Heat Vision] 6 (+11), Stealth (+2), Technology 2 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Accurate Attack, Assessment, Beginner's Luck, Benefit (1) (He’s Superman, too), Connected, Eidetic Memory, Equipment (1), Extraordinary Effort, Inspire (4), Interpose, Languages (3) (English, Spanish, Hindi, 7 others, Base: Kryptonian), Leadership, Luck (Edit Scene) (1), Luck (Inspiration) (1), Power Attack, Ranged Attack (3)

POWERS:
More Powerful Than a Locomotive: Enhanced Strength 5 (200,000 Tons; Flaw: Limited to Lifting); 5 pts
Invulnerability: Protection 4, Impervious Toughness 9, Enhanced Advantages 2 (Diehard, Great Endurance), Feature 1 (Longevity), Immunity 10 (Life Support), Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds; Extra: Persistent, Flaw: Limited [Requires exposure to yellow sunlight]); 36 pts
Super Senses: Senses 19 (Normal Hearing [Acute and Extended 2], Normal Vision [Extended 3], Infravision [Extended], Microscopic Vision 4, Ultra-Hearing [Extended], Vision Penetrates Concealment [Extended, Flaw: Cannot see through lead]); 19 pts
Faster Than a Speeding Bullet: 35 pt Dynamic Array; 37 pts
Able to Leap Tall Buildings: Flight 15 (64,000 mph), Movement 2 (Space Travel 2) (Extra: Dynamic); 35 pts
Super Speed: Speed 15 (64,000 mph), Quickness 8, Enhanced Advantages 5 (Improved Initiative 5), (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts

Powers Far Beyond Those of Mortal Men: 30 pt Array; 32 pts
Heat Vision: Heat Ranged Damage 15; 30 pts
Super-Breath: Cone Area Move Object 10 (Extra: Area Cone [60 ft], Flaw: Range [Close], Limited Direction [towards or away]); 1 pt
Freezing Breath: Cone Area Affliction 10 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Hindered, 2nd: Immobilized, 3rd: Paralyzed; Extra: Area Cone [60 ft], Cumulative); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +8
Unarmed +12 [Unarmed +18]
Ranged Attack +5
Heat Vision +11 [Heat Vision +15]
Special Attack [Super Breath Move Object +10, Area Cone; Freezing Breath Affliction +10, Area Cone]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +18 (+8 Impervious), Fortitude +15, Will +15

COMPLICATIONS:
Power Loss: Superman loses his powers and his Str and Sta are reduced to 3 under a red sun, like that of Krypton, and other effects draining or interfering with the energies of the yellow sun can deprive him of his powers
Relationships: Superman’s closest relationship was with his late wife, Lois Lane of Earth-2 and he misses her terribly. However, he is close to Power Girl, who is like a daughter to him, the rest of the Superman family and Batman, who he hopes to spare the same fate as his Earth-2 counterpart
Responsibility: Superman feels a strong sense of responsibility to use his powers for the benefit of all
Secret Identity: Cal Kent, country uncle of Clark Kent
Vulnerable: Superman is as vulnerable to magic as anyone else. His Toughness is not Impervious against magical attacks and he loses his 3 ranks of Protection
Weakness: Earth-2 Kryptonite...Its radiation saps the Strength and powers of Earth-2 Kryptonians, leaving them impaired, disabled, and eventually debilitated in terms of Strength and power effects. Long-term exposure (usually a matter of minutes, less for a large enough amount) imposes the dying condition and may lead to death

Abilities 114 + Skills 23 (46 ranks) + Advantages 22 + Powers 129 + Defenses 21 = 309 / 309

Comments: I think this Superman will need a little more tweaking, but since Kal-L is a fave, I wanted to get him posted. I loved his representation in Infinite Crisis and his death in said arc was an emotional moment for sure.

Earth-Two Kryptonians have been shown to be less powerful than the prime universe Kryptonians, and I built Kal-L that way. He is a pretty accurate fighter, though, and better defensively than Kal-El, if not as Tough. He’s a good contrast to Kal-El in that sense, where he could hang with him for a while if need be, but in the end, Kal-El’s strength would be the difference, I would think.

In my setting, Kal-L is stuck on Earth Prime, posing as Clark’s uncle Cal Kent and helping him, Conner and Kara out whenever he can. Of course, Power Girl is thrilled.

Clean Up 4/4/12: Update to Kal-L, taking him from a PC type build to more standard Thorpacoverse build.

Clean Up 5/24/13: Updates to Kal-L, bringing up to the same PL as Kal-El and tweaking his Skills and Advantages a bit.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Fri May 24, 2013 7:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:42 pm

And now we're stocking our first item on the J-Mart 3E Transformers aisle, and hopefully it's the first of many. And this one is a long-time J-Mart Favorite item!

Freedom is the right of all sentient beings. Even Charlie Sheen...

OPTIMUS PRIME
PL: 14 (248 pts) - OPL: 14 ; DPL: 14

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 13, STAMINA 12, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 11, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 7

SKILLS: Acrobatics 2 (+5), Athletics (+13), Deception (+7), Expertise [Cybertron] 8 (+10), Expertise [Military] 11 (+13), Insight 7 (+12) [Assessment], Intimidation 2 (+9/+14), Perception 6 (+11), Persuasion 8 (+15) [Connected, Fascinate], Ranged Combat [Ion Weapon Array] 6 (+13), Stealth (+3/-7), Technology 9 (+11), Treatment 3 (+5), Vehicles 4 (+8)

ADVANTAGES: Assessment, Benefit (3) (Status – Leader of Autobots, Living Prime), Close Attack (2), Combat Leader*, Connected, Extraordinary Effort, Fascinate (1) (Persuasion), Favored Foe (Decepticons), Improved Critical (2) (Energon Blades, Unarmed), Inspire (5), Interpose, Languages (1) (English, Base: Cybertronian), Leadership, Ranged Attack (3), Takedown (2)

POWERS:
Prime Size: Growth 10 (+10 Str, +10 Sta, -5 Dodge/Parry, -10 Stealth, +5 Intimidation, Speed +1, +10 Mass; Extra: Permanent, Innate); 21 pts
Cybertronian Physique: Protection 4, Impervious 7 (14 ranks), Immunity 13 (Aging, Life Support, Sleep), Senses 1 (Radio); 32 pts
Robot in Disguise: Morph 1 (Peterbilt Semi; Extra: Metamorph); 6 pts
Energon Blades/Axe: Slashing/Piercing Strength-based Damage 2 (Extra: Split); 3 pts
Ion Weapon Array: 46 pts traits, Easily Removable (-18 pts); 28 pts
Barrage Cannons: Ion Energy Ranged Damage 15 (Extra: Penetrating, Split); 46 pts
Blaster Pistol: Ion Energy Ranged Damage 12 (Extra: Multiattack 5, Enhanced Advantage 2 [Improved Aim, Improved Critical]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +7
Close Attack +13 [Unarmed +13, Critical 19-20; Energon Blade +15, Critical 19-20, Split]
Ranged Attack +7
Blaster Array +13 [Barrage Cannons +15, Split; Ion Blast +12, Critical 19-20, Multiattack]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 [DC18] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +16 (+7 Impervious), Fortitude +13, Will +13

COMPLICATIONS:
Alien: Optimus and the other Cybertronians sometimes have problems grasping the culture of Earth
Enemy: Megatron, The Fallen
Honor: Optimus Prime is one of the most honorable beings in the universe, known for his compassion for all sentient life and protecting his comrades. His moral compass is unwavering
Relationships: Sam Witwicky and his close Autobot teammates
Vulnerable: The Cybertronians are vulnerable to Magnetic attacks, taking at extra degree of failure against them
Vulnerable: The Cybertronians are susceptible to extreme cold, taking an extra degree of failure against cold attacks

Abilities 74 + Skills 33 (66 ranks) + Advantages 25 + Powers 91 + Defenses 25 = 248/ 248

Comments: I don't think anyone has gotten around to the Transformers yet in 3E, so I figured I would kick it off with a big time build. And they don’t get much bigger than Optimus Prime. In status, that is, I'm not counting other actual "bigger" Cybertronians, of which there are many...

Anyway, you know me, I'll go over this again, but I felt like this was a good start for the movie incarnation of OP. I'll get around to the others over time, and I'm sure once Dark of The Moon hits, I'll be all Transformers crazy again.

Clean Up 4/20/11: OK, fixed the Metamorph issue. I'll handwave his truck form or whip up a little template if I need it, but I'm not going to worry about that right now.

Clean Up 7/10/11: OP gets a review as I start a BIG Transformers run.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: J-Mart 3E: Omni-Man, Superman x2, Optimus Prime

Post by Arthur Eld » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:49 pm

Is Morph really the right way to handle a Transformer's ability to...well, transform? Seeing as how its 'purely a cosmetic change', one rank of Morph doesn't seem to cover it.

Metamorph would work, except for the whole 'must have same point cost' thing. Which honestly, should probably be changed.

I ran into a similar problem today when statting up a sorcerer who I wanted to be able to turn into a bird. In the end, I left that to a powerstunt, cause I'm not yet sure of the best way to do it in 3E.

Saltcrow
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Saltcrow » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:43 pm

Arthur Eld wrote:Is Morph really the right way to handle a Transformer's ability to...well, transform? Seeing as how its 'purely a cosmetic change', one rank of Morph doesn't seem to cover it.

Metamorph would work, except for the whole 'must have same point cost' thing. Which honestly, should probably be changed.

I ran into a similar problem today when statting up a sorcerer who I wanted to be able to turn into a bird. In the end, I left that to a powerstunt, cause I'm not yet sure of the best way to do it in 3E.
I've always regarded them as prime examples of Metamorph where they have reduced combat capacities (save those who transform with fighter jets etc) in return gaining superior movement speeds/modes.

Edit:
@Thorpa: so, no blanket immunity to all Fortitude effects, I suppose?

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:09 am

Saltcrow wrote:
Arthur Eld wrote:Is Morph really the right way to handle a Transformer's ability to...well, transform? Seeing as how its 'purely a cosmetic change', one rank of Morph doesn't seem to cover it.

I've always regarded them as prime examples of Metamorph where they have reduced combat capacities (save those who transform with fighter jets etc) in return gaining superior movement speeds/modes.

Edit:
@Thorpa: so, no blanket immunity to all Fortitude effects, I suppose?
One rank of Morph allows you to change into one other form, so I thought that was appropriate since in the movies, he just changes from the truck back to his main form. In other incarnations, more ranks would probably be appropriate.

Edit: Metamorph really seemed like too much work since in his truck form, he doesn't gain enough benefit to make up for all the points he would lose without his blast, strike and other capabilities. However, adding a Quirk to remove his blast and strike capabilities is what I had originally planned (but didn't do) but the more I think about it, the more I guess I could go that route. I will probably not go the whole route of building out another OP Truck Form, I'll just add in the Speed, remove the other capabilities I noted above and maybe add some Power Lifting for pulling capabilities. I might have some time to do that later today or tomorrow.

Other builds like Starscream and Megatron will definitely require Metamorph as Saltcrow notes.

And I didn't go with full Fortitude immunity since I have seen them be stunned and occasionally fall prey to other effects that I would see as Afflictions that would be resisted by Fortitude.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

cassius335
Champion
Champion

Post by cassius335 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:15 am

So... Thorp's Bayverse Optimus is PL14. Jab's original flavour Godzilla is PL15. These two need to "meet", yes?