J-Mart: Preparing for Relocation... :)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:33 pm

Another new item for Aisle 7 hits the shelves.

Logan who? Never heard of him.

RIPCLAW
PL: 11 (165 pts) - OPL: 11 ; DPL: 11

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 4, STAMINA 5, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 11, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 5 (+10), Athletics 7 (+11), Deception (+2), Expertise [Magic] 5 (+7) [Ritualist], Expertise [Theology and Philosophy] 5 (+7), Insight 7 (+12) [Assessment], Intimidation 5 (+7), Investigation 3 (+5), Perception 7 (+12), Persuasion 5 (+7), Ranged Combat [Firearms] 2 (+5), Stealth 7 (+12), Treatment 2 (+4)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Animal Empathy, Assessment, Close Attack (2), Defensive Roll (2), Diehard, Equipment (1), Extraordinary Effort, Improved Critical (1) (Claws), Improved Initiative (1), Languages (2) (Navajo, 1 other, Base: English), Leadership, Power Attack, Ritualist, Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Mutant Physiology: Regeneration 2 (1/every 3 rounds, Extra: Persistent), Protection 1; 5 pts
Enhanced Senses: Scent (Extended, Acute, Tracking), Detect Spirits (Mental, Ranged); 6 pts
Ripclaws: Piercing/Slashing Strength-based Damage 2 (Extra: Split); 3 pts
Spirit Summoning: Variable 2 (10 pts traits; Flaw: Limited to powers of animals of the plains, Quirk: No flight); 11 pts
Walk in the Spirit World: Movement 1 (Dimensional [Earth/Spirit Plane]); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(5ep)
Cyberforce Commlink: Senses 1 (Communication Link [Cyberforce]); 1ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +9
Close Attack +13 [Unarmed +4; Claw Strike +6, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +3
Firearms +5

DEFENSES:
Dodge +22 [DC23] Parry +22 [DC23]
Toughness +8, Fortitude +9, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Cyberdata
Honor: Ripclaw is a man of honor and pretty much always attempts to discuss conflicts than fight
Prejudice: Mutant
Relationships: Velocity

Abilities 74 + Skills 30 (60 ranks) + Advantages 18 + Powers 27 + Defenses 16 = 165 / 165

Comments: So Ripclaw here, from Cyberforce, initially comes off as a Wolverine rip-off, and he is to a degree, but despite the physical similarities (claws, hand-to-hand master, healing factor), John is a much more spiritual being, having a strong ties to the spirit world and usually trying to talk first before he fights. I think he is one of the Iron Age’s better creations, all things considered. Then again, there's not a lot of competition for that honor. :wink:
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:40 pm

Another new item in our Cyberforce line hits the Aisle 7 shelves.

Cable? The Iron Age? Never heard of either one...

STRYKER PC
PL: 10 (150 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3 [6], STAMINA 4, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 6, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 2 (+5), Athletics 5 (+11), Deception 7 (+9) [Taunt], Expertise [Military] 9 (+10), Insight 6 (+9) [Assessment], Intimidation 6 (+8), Investigation 4 (+5), Perception 6 (+9) [Tracking], Persuasion (+2), Ranged Combat [Firearms] 4 (+12), Ranged Combat [Pistols] 6 (+14), Stealth 7 (+10), Technology 2 (+3), Vehicles 2 (+8)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Assessment, Close Attack (1), Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (4), Improved Grab, Improved Initiative (1), Leadership, Power Attack, Prone Fighting, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (2), Takedown (1), Taunt, Tracking

ENHANCED ADVANTAGES: Improved Aim, Precise Attack (1) (Ranged, Cover)

POWERS:
S.H.O.C. Treatments: Feature 1 (Longevity); 1 pt
Cybernetic Eye: Senses 4 (Normal Vision [Extended], Infravision, Ultravision, Low Light Vision), Enhanced Advantages 2 (see Advantages); 6 pts
Cybernetic Arms: Additional Limbs 2 (3 Right Arms), Feature 1 (Ambidexterity), Enhanced Strength 3 (Quirk: Right Arms Only), Enhanced Dexterity 2 (Quirk: Right Arms Only), Enhanced Skills 1 (Ranged Combat [Pistols] 2 ranks); 12 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(20ep)
Body Armor: Protection 2; 2ep
Cyberlink: Sense 1 (Communication Link [Cyberforce]); 1ep
Arsenal: (17ep)
Blaster Rifle: Energy Ranged Damage 8; Range 200ft, Large; 16ep
Heavy Blaster Pistols: Energy Ranged Damage 5, Extra: Multiattack; 125 ft range, Medium; 1ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +7
Close Attack +11 [Right Arms Unarmed +6; Left Arm Unarmed +3]
Ranged Attack +8
Firearms +12 [Blaster Rifle +8; Blaster Pistols +5, Multiattack]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +8, Fortitude +8, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Motivation: Redeeming himself from some of the things he did in his wet works time
Relationships: On again, off again relationship with Ballistic

Abilities 60 + Skills 30 (60 ranks) + Advantages 23 + Powers 16 + Defenses 21 = 150 / 150

Comments: Stryker. Member of Cyberforce and leader after Heatwave died. Mulitple cybernetic arms. Big guns. Glowing eye. Pure Iron Age. That’s about all there is say about that.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: J-Mart 3E: Midnighter, FF, Apollo, Ripclaw, Stryker

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:11 pm

As an aside, I committed to running a Dresdenverse 3E game for my FTF group around Father's Day (which is usually when I get one of my 2-3 time a year Get Out of House to Game Free cards). I bought the PDFs for the Dresden Files RPG, and it's pretty interesting. It's based on the Fate/FUDGE system, which I had never read up on before. I'm not really a fan of the system itself so far, but the books give a lot of good info on the characters in the setting, which will be helpful in statting some of them out in 3E.

For those of you that are Dresden fans, I recommend picking them up. I also recommend that Kenson and Co. steal the license from Evil Hat and do their own version since MnM is my system of choice now. :wink: But until that occurs, I'll be doing the building myself. A snippet from the Our World book, that has builds of pretty much all the characters through the 10th book notes something I found interesting:
Supernatural Heavyweights
There are a number of entities that can be considered part of the “supernatural heavyweight class.” In other words, beings of such awesome power and skill that they make even the mightiest mortal look like an ant. Some speculation and extrapolation can lead to a ranking in extremely rough order, from generally most powerful on down (note that some entities may change their position in the rankings depending upon various
circumstances):
ŠŠ
:arrow: The Almighty (AKA the Creator, Michael’s Boss)
ŠŠ :arrow: The Faerie Mothers, the Archangels
:arrow: ŠŠ The Fallen, Old Gods, Old Ones
ŠŠ :arrow: The Faerie Queens, the Erlking, dragons, the Archive
ŠŠ :arrow: Outsiders, regular Angels, the Faerie Ladies
Š :arrow: Ancient demons, Knights of the Faerie Courts, Denarians, Knights of the Cross

(Note to the player characters) There are three main ways of dealing with heavyweights if they run across your path, or you run across theirs:

1. Curse your luck/fate.
2. Run away.
3. Say “yes, sir” or “yes, ma’am.”
This gave me pause when looking at PLs for the Dresdenverse and trying to incorporate Harry and his world into the DCA/3E PL structure. In looking at the core builds, about PL16 is as high as even "gods" like Darkseid are statted. I was originally thinking that the PCs should be standard PL10/150 pts, but as think about how I envision the Dresdenverse setting, I'm thinking PL8 might be more reasonable. I'd even let them keep the 150 pts since I'm sweet like that :mrgreen: .

Just considering a group of 4 PL10s can probably take a PL13 or PL14 "boss", I wouldn't want them to even have a chance against someone like Queen Mab or the Erlking who I would put at PL15 or so, based on what I've seen so far in 3E. I think Circe would qualify as an old god for the most part and she's PL14. Most of the the Thor and Herc builds are around PL13-15, and they definitely seem to be in that old god group. Prodigy Duck's ancient red dragons are PL15, I think, and I can see his, and scc's D&D builds being pretty Dresdenverse compatible.

In my mind, I think Woodclaw had Harry about right at PL8 as of Storm Front and over time, like a real PC, he's probably up to PL11-ish, as he continues "adventuring" 12 books in. My PC Dresden was meant to be just that, a starting PC for a DCA setting, but I now think he should probably be a PL9 for a book 5-8 Dresden, which is what I was shooting for.

I just thought I'd drop this out here to get some feedback and thought prior to really working on my adventure. I have a pretty good idea of how I'd like to handle the magic in the setting and what I actually want them to accomplish in probably 2 sessions (which is about all we usually get in before our gaming ADD takes over and we move on the something else), I'm just waffling about the PL of the setting. Any input (except from Gilwen since he's one of the players) is welcome.
Shop J-Mart!

Woodclaw
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Woodclaw » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:36 pm

First thanks for the quoting, I've recently revised some of the deatils about my Dresden files builds and made some calculation about Herry's PL. By the looks of it I think that Harry get aout 3 PL upgrade during the books:
  • The first was around Grave Peril and Death Mask, losing Susan was the biggest emotional trauma Harry had had in years and at the end of Death Masks he gained the Shadow of Lasciel
  • The second was around the time of Proven Guilty/White Night, a lot happened around here, he got drafted among the Wardens, Molly became his apprentice and upset the balance of the supernatural world by getting Marcone as a the first pure mortal signatory of the accords
  • the third is about Turncoat/Changes, aside from the evolution within the family, there's also Soulfire and a couple of other big twists
This will make Harry a PL11 by the end of Changes, give his personality and the kind of power-ups he got I think that he will start to suffer a bit of Blaster Syndrome having a lower PL on defense than he does on offensive.

By the way this reminds me that I never finished the builds for Morgan and Marcone, shame on me.
"Yes, it's a bloody flying alligator setting fire to my city!"

Sam Vimes (Guards! Guards!)

From a dark corner of my mind (my build's thread)
From another dark corner of my mind (my Deviantart page)

ClassDunce
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by ClassDunce » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:37 pm

You know FATE and MnM 3e can be combined pretty easily if you want to give it a shot. Just replace the complications system with Aspects during character creation that way you can still go through all of the Aspect phases of FATE and have that awesome group character building exercise and use the 3e rules.
"When they ask how I died, tell them: still angry." - Quellcrist Falconer

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:41 pm

ClassDunce wrote:You know FATE and MnM 3e can be combined pretty easily if you want to give it a shot. Just replace the complications system with Aspects during character creation that way you can still go through all of the Aspect phases of FATE and have that awesome group character building exercise and use the 3e rules.
I was thinking there were enough similarities there where some of it could work well. I'll have to really focus on the rules as I read through Your Story and see what we can do. I've mainly been reading the Our World book to gather info on the Dresdenverse characters, but I think I will get a better idea of their conception if really understand the rules and their character building style. It seems a less concerned about on stats and more on role-playing which is totally against my RPG upbringing. :wink:
Shop J-Mart!

Woodclaw
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Woodclaw » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:50 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:
ClassDunce wrote:You know FATE and MnM 3e can be combined pretty easily if you want to give it a shot. Just replace the complications system with Aspects during character creation that way you can still go through all of the Aspect phases of FATE and have that awesome group character building exercise and use the 3e rules.
I was thinking there were enough similarities there where some of it could work well. I'll have to really focus on the rules as I read through Your Story and see what we can do. I've mainly been reading the Our World book to gather info on the Dresdenverse characters, but I think I will get a better idea of their conception if really understand the rules and their character building style. It seems a less concerned about on stats and more on role-playing which is totally against my RPG upbringing. :wink:
When I did my Dresden Files builds I used the Our World book as a a reference for Complications and Drawbacks, they worked pretty well.
"Yes, it's a bloody flying alligator setting fire to my city!"

Sam Vimes (Guards! Guards!)

From a dark corner of my mind (my build's thread)
From another dark corner of my mind (my Deviantart page)

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Jabroniville » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:58 am

haha CYBERFORCE. Awesome. Totally defining the '90s, and what I thought was goofy about comics even THEN. I'm not sure if I've shared the entire story, but basically, as a kid I got "Cyberforce #1" for whatever reason, and found it interesting (I swiped the name of Impact- my favourite character since he was the Strongman of the team- for a character I created), but I didn't really like it. See, I was definitely no genius, and I liked a lot of stuff that I was "supposed" to like and fed to by committee, but for Image's stuff, I somehow INSTANTLY knew I was being pandered to with all the sex & violence, and that these Image guys were just re-making their Marvel stuff with new names. Especially when the start talking about "mutants" being a social issue, and Stryker reveals that he's like Cable but HAS THREE CYBORG ARMS INSTEAD OF ONE AAARRRRGGGHHH!!

One of my friends (the one who got me into comics), who TOTALLY Drank the Image Kool-Aid, was convinced that everyone there were the most brilliant comic book creators EVER, and that I was insane for not having CF #1 "in a polybag" (his opinion is of course hilarious in retrospect on many levels). Eventually, we traded comics- he got CF #1, and I got "Excalibur: Something or other" (which had a cool supernatural story, Meggan transforming into a Chick Nightcrawler and being possessed, and also the closest thing to a nude scene ever, so it was GREAT) in return, which was a HUGE victory on my part, in retrospect. I later found CF #1 in some 25-cent bin, so I eventually lost nothing.

Fun stuff- these guys are CLASSIC Iron Age rip-offs.

Saltcrow
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Saltcrow » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:34 am

Hey Thorp, is there any chance you could whip up a Brainiac PC? Just wondered how it'd look.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:04 am

Jabroniville wrote:haha CYBERFORCE. Awesome. Totally defining the '90s, and what I thought was goofy about comics even THEN. I'm not sure if I've shared the entire story, but basically, as a kid I got "Cyberforce #1" for whatever reason, and found it interesting (I swiped the name of Impact- my favourite character since he was the Strongman of the team- for a character I created), but I didn't really like it. See, I was definitely no genius, and I liked a lot of stuff that I was "supposed" to like and fed to by committee, but for Image's stuff, I somehow INSTANTLY knew I was being pandered to with all the sex & violence, and that these Image guys were just re-making their Marvel stuff with new names. Especially when the start talking about "mutants" being a social issue, and Stryker reveals that he's like Cable but HAS THREE CYBORG ARMS INSTEAD OF ONE AAARRRRGGGHHH!!

One of my friends (the one who got me into comics), who TOTALLY Drank the Image Kool-Aid, was convinced that everyone there were the most brilliant comic book creators EVER, and that I was insane for not having CF #1 "in a polybag" (his opinion is of course hilarious in retrospect on many levels). Eventually, we traded comics- he got CF #1, and I got "Excalibur: Something or other" (which had a cool supernatural story, Meggan transforming into a Chick Nightcrawler and being possessed, and also the closest thing to a nude scene ever, so it was GREAT) in return, which was a HUGE victory on my part, in retrospect. I later found CF #1 in some 25-cent bin, so I eventually lost nothing.

Fun stuff- these guys are CLASSIC Iron Age rip-offs.
That's a funny story, Jab. You totally won that trade. That's a like a Babe Ruth for cash type of all-time rip off trade. :D
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:15 am

HAPPY EASTER from the J-Mart staff! Since I'm up early this AM thanks to the Easter Bunny waking me up :wink: and needing to make his yearly appearance for the Little Thorpacolypses, I figured I would drop a build while they are ignoring my directions and continuing to gorge themselves on candy...

With that, here's another new item for Aisle 7.

This ain't no cowardly lion...

BATTLE BEAST
PL: 14 (225 pts) - OPL: 14 ; DPL: 14

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 15, STAMINA 14, AGILITY 6, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 12, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Acrobatics 2 (+8), Athletics 3 (+18), Deception (+3), Expertise [Tactics] 14 (+15), Insight 8 (+13) [Assessment], Intimidation 8 (+11/+13) [Startle], Perception 8 (+13), Persuasion (+3), Stealth 4 (+10/+6), Vehicles 3 (+8)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Assessment, Chokehold, Close Attack (1), Damaging Escape*, Fast Grab, Fearless, Follow-Up Strike*, Improved Critical (1) (Unarmed), Improved Hold, Improved Initiative (2), Power Attack, Precise Attack (2) (Close, Cover; Close, Concealment), Ranged Attack (7), Startle, Takedown (2), Uncanny Dodge

POWERS:
Leonine Size: Growth 4 (+4 Str, +4 Sta, -2 Dodge/Parry, -4 Stealth, +2 Intimidation, Speed +0, +4 Mass, Reach [5 ft]; Extra: Innate, Permanent); 9 pts
Leonine Senses: Senses 7 (Normal Vision [Extended], Normal Hearing [Extended], Scent [Extended 3, Accurate, Acute, Tracking]); 9 pts
Leonine Physiology: Speed 4 (32 mph/500 fpr), Leaping 2 (30 ft); 6 pts
Hard to Kill: Protection 2, Regeneration 1 (1/every 9 rounds; Extra: Persistent), Immunity 6 (All Environmental Conditions, Suffocation [Need to breath, Flaw: Limited]); 9 pts
Battle Armor: 10 pts traits, Removable (-2 pts); 8 pts
Armor: Impervious 5; 10 pts
Battle Weapons: 12 pts traits, Easily Removable (-4 pts); 8 pts
Big Ass Cudgel: Bludgeoning Strength-based Damage 0 (Extra: Dangerous, Penetrating 10); 11 pts
Big Ass Sword: Slashing Strength-based Damage 0 (Extra: Dangerous, Penetrating 10); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +14
Close Attack +13 [Unarmed +15, Critical 19-20; Cudgel +15, Critical 19-20; Sword +15, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +12

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +16 (+5 Impervious), Fortitude +15, Will +13

COMPLICATIONS:
Honor: Battle Beast believes in fair fights, he won't take shortcuts.
Obsession: He craves the thrill of battle and will fight anyone, anytime, anywhere and to hell with everything else.
Reputation: Generally known as the fiercest combatant in the known galaxy.

Abilities 106 + Skills 25 (50 ranks) + Advantages 27 + Powers 49 + Defenses 19 = 225 / 225

Build Comments: Another fave of mine from the Invincible-verse, Battle Beast. He hasn’t been a ton of issues, but when he does, he rocks. He’s all about battle, kind of a non-jobbing Champion of The Universe. He’s whooped Invincible, Allen the Alien, and fought an adult Viltumite to a standstill, and really, it seems he could have won. That puts him on par with anyone in the Wonder Woman/Superman class and I built him that way. He has tons of options in melee combat, probably more than he really should, but he kicks so much ass that I had to go all out on him.

Secret Origins: The being known only as Battle Beast, was born on an unnamed planet in the dark reaches of space. It has been implied that his planet had come under siege by forces that threatened to destroy his people, when Battle Beast first rose to prominence. During this time of conflict, he became his world’s protector and his people’s hero. Though it is unknown how long it took him to achieve victory, it is common knowledge amongst his kind through his sacrifice and bravery he created a utopic society for his people.

Unfortunately for him, he would be unable to share in it. Somehow, during his struggles, Battle Beast became addicted to blood and strife. The peaceful world that he had created for his people was no longer capable of bringing him the conflict he so desperately craved. With the single, desperate need for conquest burning deep within his soul, Battle Beast left his home in the hopes of finding a conflict worthy of his attention.

The Story so Far: He spent millennia wandering the vastness of space, plundering and conquering a thousand worlds before he first heard of a small blue planet called Earth. No one can be sure who first told Battle Beast of Earth, but one thing is certain; the individual that did, promised Battle Beast that its inhabitants would provide great sport for the immortal warrior. Unable to resist, Battle Beast made his way to the Earth, and upon his arrival entered the employ of the crime-lord Machine Head. Presumably, Battle Beast was convinced that working with Machine Head would provide him ample opportunity for conflict.

His reasoning proved to be correct. He had only been on Earth for a short period of time when Machine Head was besieged by first the young Viltrumite Invincible and then the combined force of the Guardians of the Globe. Despite Invincible’s Viltrumite heritage, he proved to be little more than a temporary distraction for Battle Beast. The Guardians of the Globe were even less effective against the leonine warrior’s might; Battle Beast casually mauled two of its members (Bulletproof and Black Samson) in the opening seconds of their fight. Deeply disappointed by the calibre of the Earth’s mightiest warriors, Battle Beast activated a teleportation device that he had acquired and immediately left the planet (and battle) in disgust.

Many months passed before Battle Beast was seen again. Somehow during his travels he ran afoul of the Viltrumite Empire and was imprisoned in one of their most secure gulags in the dark regions of space. By chance alone, both Allen the Alien and Omni-man were being held within the same prison.

When Allen staged a massive breakout, Battle Beast was freed in the confusion. Having nothing better to do and nursing the need to rip his jailers in twain, Battle Beast immediately threw his lot in with the escaping prisoners. Allen and Battle Beast shattered wall after wall of the prison until they eventually interrupted Nolan’s execution at the hands of his Viltrumite jailers.

Battle Beast threw himself into the fray with his normal vigor, until he actually realized that the executioners were actually Viltrumites themselves. Harbouring the mistaken belief that he had never encountered a Viltrumite before, Battle Beast flew into an ecstatic rage and hurled himself into the battle with abandon. The two virtually immortal beings fought relentlessly, even when they were sucked into the vacuum of space. Eventually, Battle Beast gained the upper hand over his foe and tore him asunder. With the battle over, and his allies nowhere to be seen, he fell into a deep slumber and surrendered to the darkness of oblivion.

It is unknown how long Battle Beast floated unconscious in the cold reaches of space. He was eventually found by a Coalition ship, who brought him aboard out of curiosity when they discovered he was alive. Even as his body began to thaw onboard, the blood thirsty immortal began muttering about battle.
The ship’s crew did the only thing they could think of. They brought Battle Beast to Thaedus, in the hopes that the obviously insane creature could be of use to him. They arrived in the aftermath of the Viltrumites assault on Talescria. Thaedus immediately recognized Battle Beast’s potential as a weapon and after nursing him back to health, told him of the great battle that would occur on Viltrum.

Battle Beast agreed to participate in the battle, and so was assigned to fight alongside a small assault force comprised of: Invincible, Omni-man, Young Omni-man, TechJacket, Allen the Alien and Thaedus himself. The Coalition assault squad arrived at Viltrum a short time later. Despite their initial plan (and hope) that they would be able to prepare an ambush to catch the Viltrumites unaware, the Viltrumites were already prepared. The two groups clashed in a direct frontal assault, which suited Battle Beast well.

Battle Beast threw himself directly into the closest and largest concentration of Viltrumite troops he could find. Despite being surrounded by at least six of the most physically powerful beings in existence, Battle Beast found himself enjoying the fight. He goaded his Viltrumite foes on with calls for “MORE, MORE” as he assaulted any foe that dared to come within his reach. Surprisingly, Battle Beast held his own throughout the battle, until he saw Thragg single-handedly murder Thaedus and brutalize both Invincible and Omni-man. Desperate to face a foe of such power, Battle Beast threw himself at Thragg with abandon, leaving his own foes behind. This proved disastrous for Battle Beast as Thragg met his charge head on, and with contemptuous ease, batted him away.

Battle Beast survived and later was summoned by Allen to Talescria upon hearing of Thragg’s exile from his people. He tasked The Beast with hunting down and killing Thragg, which Battle Beast gladly agreed to do.

Characterization: Battle Beast has a single overwhelming personality trait. He lives to fight the good fight. Anything else is secondary. He is completely addicted to the thrill of combat and cares for nothing else. At all times, he is actively seeking out “worthy” opponents to test his power and skill against. The more powerful the opponent, the greater his thrill.

Friends and Foes: Battle Beast doesn’t really have a dislike for anyone except those that will not fight but he seems to truly enjoy fighting Viltrumites due to their power and aggressive nature. And he wants to avenge his loss to Thragg BADLY.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Geekery
Hireling
Hireling

Re: #242

Post by Geekery » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:09 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote: *Sniff*...Just the thought of all the clobberin' and smashin' that these two could do just gets me all choked up...the violence and property damage would be...*sniff*...beautiful...
THE THING PC
My favorite part of Exiles was in the parallel Earth where these two were rival gladiators. They end up beating Terrax to death, even though he had indirectly freed them from captivity. It was awe-inspiring.

Unbeliever
Firebrand
Firebrand

Re: J-Mart 3E: FF, Apollo, Ripclaw, Stryker, Battle Beast

Post by Unbeliever » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:33 pm

re: Dresden

Having read all the novels to date, I'd say PL 8 sounds good for wizards like Harry, perhaps after a book or two, or for Knights of the Sword like Michael, et al. By the end of the series, though, especially the most recent 2 novels, I could credibly see Harry at a PL 11 or 12 -- he's smashing whole mobs of supernatural baddies and regularly goes toe-to-toe w/ heavyweights after having the crap beaten out of him for a few days on end.

True, he is often scraping by, but one might argue a lot of that is his actual abilities in some fashion, and his friends also seem to be acquitting themselves quite well in these circumstances (viz. Murphy and Marcone v. a mess of vampires).

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:15 pm

Our Cyberforce line continues to expand with this new item, which kicks off another LADIES' NIGHT here at J-Mart!

Wait?...There's a Cyberforce member that's NOT an X-Men analogue?!?!?! I've got to be missing something...

Oh, got it. Speedster Kitty Pryde...

VELOCITY PC

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 6, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 6 (+8/+12) [Agile Feint], Athletics 3 (+5), Close Combat [Unarmed] 4 (+10), Deception (+1), Insight 5 (+8), Intimidation (+1), Perception 2 (+5), Persuasion 6 (+7), Ranged Combat [Throwing] 4 (+8), Sleight of Hand 3 (+7), Stealth 2 (+8), Vehicles 1 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Equipment (1), Teamwork

ENHANCED ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, Evasion (2), Improved Defense, Improved Initiative (5), Move-by Action, Seize Initiative, Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Kevlar Skin: Immunity 1 (Friction Heat), Protection 2; 3 pts
Super Speed: Enhanced Dodge 7, Enhanced Parry 7, Speed 10 (2,000 mph), Quickness 10, Enhanced Skills 2 (Acrobatics 4 ranks), Enhanced Advantages 12 (see Advantages), Movement 2 (Wall Crawling, Water Running, Flaw: Limited [Only when running]; 50 pts
Super Speed Stunts: Array, 15 pt array; 16 pts
Rapid Attack: Burst Area Bludgeoning Damage 5 (Extra: Area Burst [30 ft.], Selective); 15 pts
AE - Rapid Punches: Bludgeoning Unarmed Multiattack Damage 7 (Extra: Multiattack 7); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(5ep)

OFFENSE:
Initiative +26 (Seize Initiative)
Close Attack +6
Unarmed Close Attack +10 [Unarmed +2; Rapid Punches +7, Multiattack
Ranged Attack +4
Thrown Items +8
Special Attacks [Rapid Attack +5, Area Burst]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +15 [DC25] Parry +15 [DC25]
Toughness +5, Fortitude +6, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Relationships: Her sister, Ballistic, Ripclaw

Abilities 52 + Skills 16 (32 ranks) + Advantages 15 + Powers 56 + Defenses 11 = 150 / 150

Comments: Velocity is Cyberforce’s speedster and she kind of filled the Kitty Pryde role for a while, being the younger, cuter, spunky one. Then they wanted her to have a relationship with Ripclaw so she matured a bit. As a speedster, she’s pretty standard fare, and actually a bit weaker than the Quicksilvers and Flashes of the world. The Wikis say she can go about 8000 mph, but the strain weakens her quickly and in anything I’ve seen, she’s never gone close to the fast so I topped her at 2000 mph for now.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:19 pm

LADIES' NIGHT continues with this new item for Aisle 7!

Betsy Braddock? Name doesn't ring a bell at all...

CYBLADE

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 11, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 7 (+11), Athletics 5 (+7), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+13), Deception 4 (+6/+8) [Attractive], Expertise [Business] 4 (+5), Expertise [Military] 4 (+5), Insight 4 (+7), Intimidation (+2), Investigation (+1), Perception 4 (+7), Persuasion (+2/+4) [Attractive], Ranged Combat [Firearms] 3 (+11), Sleight of Hand (+5), Stealth 7 (+11), Technology (+1), Treatment (+1), Vehicles 2 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Attractive (1), Beginner's Luck, Benefit (3) (Wealth 3 [Millionaire]), Defensive Roll (3), Equipment (2), Evasion (1), Improved Initiative (1), Jack-of-all-Trades, Languages (1) (French, Base: English), Leadership, Power Attack, Ranged Attack (3), Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Longevity: Feature 1 (Longevity); 1 pt
Cyblades: Array, 21 pt array; 24 pts
Cyblade Blast: Electromagnetic Ranged Damage 10 (Extra: Accurate, Penetrating 10, Flaw: Limited [Loses one 1 rank per range increment past 25ft); 21 pts
AE - Cyblade Burst: Electromagnetic Damage 7 (Extra: Area Burst, Selective); 1 pt
AE - Cyblade Barrage: Electromagnetic Ranged Damage 7 (Extra: Accurate, Multiattack, Penetrating, Flaw: Limited [Loses one 1 rank per range increment past 25ft); 1 pt
AE - Cyblade Strike: Electromagnetic Strength-based Damage 7 (Extra: Multiattack 7, Penetrating); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(10ep)
Leather Costume: Protection 1; 1ep
Cyberlink: Senses 1 (Communication Link [Cyberforce]); 1ep
Arsenal: (7ep)
Light Pistol: Ballistic Ranged Damage 3; 75ft range, Small; 6ep
Sword: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 3, Critical 19-20, Medium; 1ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8
Close Attack +11 [Cyblade Strike +7, Multiattack, Penetrating 7; Sword +5, Critical 19-20]
Unarmed +13 [Unarmed +2]
Ranged Attack +8
Cyblades +10 [Cyblade Blast +10; Cyblade Barrage +7, Multiattack, Penetrating 7]
Firearms +10 [Light Pistol +3]
Special Attacks [Cyblade Burst +7, Area Burst]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +13 [DC23] Parry +13 [DC23]
Toughness +7, Fortitude +6, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Phobia: She cannot swim
Responsibility: Protecting her teammates and righting the wrongs Cyberdata has done

Abilities 62 + Skills 23 (46 ranks) + Advantages 20 + Powers 25 + Defenses 20 = 150 / 150

Comments: So Psylocke, er, I mean Cyblade here is another decent character from the Iron Age.

As far as the weaponry goes, it is superfluous with her powers, but lots of pics show her being armed, so I added them, even though the few Cyberforce books I have with her in them don’t show them. I think it’s adds to the Iron Agey feel, though…

And that's all the ladies for tonight. I'm pooped. We'll pick up again tomorrow (hopefully).
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!